Speaker 1: We got get you the Morning every day, adelaides.
Speaker 2: Folks for on the podcast. We're currently on holidays. We are sunning ourselves and living it up in Beckham, New South Wales, population of sixty three people. We've got a post office also go to a general store and a bit of a hotel there as well. Used to have a public school but that recently shut down because there weren't enough kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's right, groupment, Yeah right, what are we going to do this afternot just go and hang out with mister and missus Hakes.
Speaker 2: Well, we might go to the post office post some letters. We'll probably end up just drinking.
Speaker 3: Is there a pub?
Speaker 1: God tell me.
Speaker 2: There's a pub Birkham bar as a whole too actually where we used to do concerts and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, why don't we Why don't we go and get some drinks at the pub and then we can go to the hall and you can re enact some.
Speaker 2: Of your cot put on a bit of a shark, make a day of it. Let's talk about it as well as something that really really grinds my gears from my two year old daughter. And I think a lot of people have youngsters to do this, but it just almost tips me over here.
Speaker 1: Oh she's two, but she's got manipulative traits that are beyond her years.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you can't even talk pop when she's in charge. I know, how's that going to be?
Speaker 1: Who run the world?
Speaker 3: Lotty?
Speaker 2: How good is being a prayerent?
Speaker 1: I know? The joy is so good today because they're going back to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best part. Hallelujah. I mean, we'll miss you, we will miss out.
Speaker 3: I love you so much, Darling, I love it. I can't. Oh my gosh, get into the school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting to school early, mom and dad, So you got to catch up with your friends.
Speaker 1: Mom, it's five thirty okay, I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's still dark. I want to stay in bed, go to school. So we have a toddler at home, Lotty, who is two and a half an hour and really going through some stuff.
Speaker 1: Can I describe Lotty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, she's glorious.
Speaker 1: She's so pretty, so beautiful, but she's also the devil's spawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like fifty to fifty, isn't it. It's like one minute she's an absolute a angel, next minute she gets in touch with her darker side. Yes, so my wife car. We've just got a new car and the spare key, which we've since found out costs a lot of money to replace, hundreds and hundreds of dollars straight away, Bang, spare key goes missing. Oh no, completely goes missing. And my wife's like this. I'm like this. If you're like this as well, we'd love to hear from you. Thirteen and twenty four ten. You get in the zone when you lose something where it turns into the most important thing on the planet, like.
Speaker 1: It's all consuming. Oh, nothing else matters in the whole entire world. Then finding the thing that you've lost.
Speaker 2: Yes, So every few months, I lose my glasses, yep, and it's like the most important thing that's ever happened his sunglasses. Yes, yeah, I've gone through a lot of Sonny's. As you leave them on top of the car, they're not that good, So all good. I'll lose them a couple of months and get a new pair, just mix it up. So these keys went missing, and they've gone missing for a good couple of days and started going where are they? Clearly one of the kids is taken. We've got a five year old son, Henry as well, and bless him. We convinced him. I reckon that he took it. Henry, where is the key? Did you take it? He's going, Oh, yeah, I think so, I don't know where I put it. Well, remember, Henry, I can't remember. So two days later, Arthur Cara has spoken to three businesses which he's visited, thinking, oh, maybe I've just left it there. Yeah, almost conceding defeat, walking it one hundred dollars, hundreds of dollars of these new keys. I pick up some chips down the bottom of the cupboard. Underneath the chips, there's the key. Oh wow, Now who would have put it there? I wonder who's put it there?
Speaker 3: One word to say to you.
Speaker 2: Lotty lotty, And look if it wasn't a giveaway itself, that it's about, you know, twenty centimeters off the ground. The next giveaway was the keys were situated next to a mini bubble blower and also a mini Barbie doll, so she'd stashed them quite beautifully, and then finally hit up about it, Latti, did you put the keys there? In her response, yeah, sorry, mummy, sorry mummy, sorry mummy, Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Sorry for causing you forty eight hours of the most stressful time of your life.
Speaker 2: So this was about car was about to fork over hundreds of dollars yes for this spare key. Yeah, thirteen twenty fourteen, what chick toddler cost you? Because our friends as well left an engagement and a wedding ring on the bench top table in the kitchen. Yep, gone one morning. It's never returned. So clearly they had two toddlers at the time. Clearly one of them had taken it. It never came back.
Speaker 1: Can I quickly tell you that we had a situation where we.
Speaker 3: Had our car.
Speaker 1: It was a Volkswagen down at Middleton. We've got a place down there, and I took Harper for a walk in the pram and she had the keys in her hand, never to be seen again. That Volkswagen sat there for a month while we had to order new keys from Germany.
Speaker 3: From Germany at a cost of I can't hundreds.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, it's good, isn't it. Yeah, thanks a little trip from overseas, and no doubt Harper was like, oh, I just thought that some of the fish in the ocean would like to boiler car, so I handed it to them.
Speaker 3: So I just just them over casually.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten. What has your toddler cost you?
Speaker 1: Bless them though, bless we love the whole God, we love them so much. Just wondering how much your parents spent on your education for you to get to this.
Speaker 2: Plant free of charge. It's about the experience. I can't put a number on happiness, and experience can unluckily as well when you've got toddler's because sometimes they just chuck your stuff out for no.
Speaker 1: Particular ruleson my gideot, do they? Ashley Morning, Ashley.
Speaker 4: Good morning. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Really well?
Speaker 3: Thank you? How much did your toddler cost you?
Speaker 4: They cost me two hundred dollars. You know how you get like money in a birthday car like to your birthday and for Christmas and things like that.
Speaker 3: Of course, I had three hundred dollars in.
Speaker 4: A card from Manana and we left the card on the fence and we came back an hour or two later and it was gone and we still hadn't found it.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, just be the card, card.
Speaker 4: And money gone. And I reckon one of my post yes.
Speaker 2: And they'll keep that information, they'll take it to the grave.
Speaker 4: We did ask them, but None of them have ever owned up to it, have they not?
Speaker 5: Oh no, Ashley, thank you, Tana, good morning, Jerdy and Hazy. A couple one hundred bucks. My daughter had a gun's teddy lost it, sir Ty and Lowe. I was freaking out. Was syspherical put her in? Birds quickly jumped online? All right, how much is this beast of a teddy going to cost me to replace? You can only buy them from the UK ninety pounds.
Speaker 2: Ninety pounds, so that's a classy ones of really special ones. The Peter gun wants yep, yep.
Speaker 5: And I was devastated. She was devastated. Opened up the washing machine. There he was. I cleaned him on a quick cycle, ready for him to bedtime. Boom lost him totally, forgot to put him in there.
Speaker 2: There you go, It's easy. It all comes back around.
Speaker 1: It's times two and a half, isn't it Australian there about two sixty?
Speaker 2: I think? So, yes, there's some quick mass for you there as well. Let's wrap this ut, Sarah, what did you todd? The swap?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So it was diamond ear rings and my anniversary ring.
Speaker 6: My son's play thought it was.
Speaker 7: He called them.
Speaker 4: Shiny and I had them in a box and we used to have a garbage disposal, like shoot, Shiny went in the garbage disposal.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, so that it never got them back.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I never replaced either, so that was fine.
Speaker 1: That's not even the money, it's the like sentiment of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yah, I'm so so okay.
Speaker 6: I also a couple of mobile phones in the toilet.
Speaker 4: But hey, who's how good to kids?
Speaker 2: Sarah?
Speaker 1: So right, we really love them.
Speaker 3: One of the things you like to do most in life is.
Speaker 2: Gas, Like me, how very dare you? I never guess started you my life? You're crazy? Are you hearing yourself? It's wrong with you.
Speaker 1: So we've touched on this before at Channel ten. Sometimes you have to film your own stuff in sport, so I am not very good at it technologically, video guy Joshualla test, I am like borderline backwards. And so I get to port training and I'm trying to film the boys and you you did your utmost. Because I was like, it's okay, Hazy's there, He's going.
Speaker 3: To help me.
Speaker 1: You did your utmost to derail the whole process.
Speaker 3: Like you walked into my shot.
Speaker 1: You were kicking my tripod, and then you're saying things like make sure you get shots of number twenty three because he'll definitely line up this weekend.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what, Oh, I was Dylan Williams. He's definitely playing.
Speaker 3: Is he even played a game?
Speaker 2: Williams? That's number twenty three. We're trying to convince you that some of the sample top up boys would be playing AFL this week. Yeah, and you're like, oh, thanks for the heads up. So you've taken don't even have numbers on their back. That's the biggest giveaway.
Speaker 3: So you've taken it.
Speaker 1: I swing in, in and out of sport, right, you do it all the time. I'm busy being a multitasker and dabbling in politics and crime and everything else.
Speaker 2: Is this when I called Jim Charms Freedenburg. We get back to that, Ellie.
Speaker 3: Anyway. So you've taken it to the next level.
Speaker 1: Because last week at training you're trying to convince me Charlie Dixon was going to swing down back. You're trying to convince you are trying to tell me that Charlie Dixon is going to become a defender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look he's probably due and all these ridiculous things, and poor Jady, bless her heart, she's so beautifully innocent, really, and we've got to stay to She's like, I can see that happening. I can see that he's a.
Speaker 1: Big toll unit and like, of course he he's got to be a quality defender as well as attacker. So anyway, you and the other boys convinced me so much so that I was about to ask Kenny in the press, yes.
Speaker 2: And then we had just before the press has started. The best part of the whole thing was we'd almost convinced you that Ken's name is Ben and you're going to call him Benny Hinckley, that he changed his name, asking a few questions, Hey, Benny, what about that long goal from Dom Jonas. That's pretty good, isn't it. What about the form of Connor Daisy? He's on fire? And Travis Kloak just keeps on coming, doesn't he. In yesterday, social media influences Laura Henshaw and Steph Claire Smith really really got people.
Speaker 1: Thinkry're my favorite Laura and Steph me too, me too.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Do you wear Undy's at the gym? And this is a question to the ladies and all of a sudden, all the blokes are gone, What is this a thing? Do you wear? Is it the gym?
Speaker 1: I absolutely categorically where unders at the gym? And so much to the point like it becomes incredibly uncomfortable if though they're said underwear, move to a position that isn't covering things that they should be covering.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I'm thinking more broadly, it's made me really question I don't understand women in general, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that's true.
Speaker 2: Still trying to work it out, but I think I've discovered a few things which are maybe a little bit concerning. And if we could welcome to you producers, Zoe, good morning. Now we're having a little chat earlier this morning. It is sort of chewing the fat, and then we started talking about I have recall it clothing habits and maybe the differences between guys and girls.
Speaker 8: Right because it started that I defended the commando gym situation. Now, well I've done it once, didn't quite rate it myself, but banned from the gym.
Speaker 1: Because her brother not only did she not wear underwear, she didn't wear ties.
Speaker 8: To the next level up, lots of chicks don't like the seam of their undies on their tights and things like that, So I kind of get it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna bash that one. Well, that's a vanity thing.
Speaker 1: If you've got chicks getting around who don't want to see the line of their g string and they just want the scrunch.
Speaker 3: Bum look that's on them.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, I see a lot of vanity in my gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I have. It's one of those gyms. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's a great gym.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: It's a good gym. But you've really got to make sure you know what you're wearing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, from that, we were talking about like just other clothing habits. I said, it's you know, it's like women do stuff like that. I don't wash my bra very often, really, and I will not wash my bra every time I wear it. I will go a few days in that bad boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, but bear in mind as well, that's our producers is amish. Just a bath once a month. No, just kidding. So what were we talking? We're talking days weeks. We don't wash your bra. Back me up. I don't want to expose myself too much.
Speaker 1: I'd probably go a couple of days. I certainly wouldn't go weeks without.
Speaker 8: Not weeks, I reckon, I would go a week without washing my bra.
Speaker 2: Don't you sweat it and everything. It's a nice spot.
Speaker 3: That it doesn't get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also I've got I don't know about you, though, I've got my favorite bras. So I sort of wear the ones that are most comfortable the most often, that's right. And there's some real neglected ones, you know, like the sexy ones that used to wear in your twenties and that, oh you're still in your twenties.
Speaker 3: Yea, And I bet you're not wearing sexy underwear. I'm not at all.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying to get this straight. First of all, you wear your undies on the outside, you're in trouble. Superman gets himself in trouble on the outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also, you guys don't have to wash your bras. You can wear your undies if you want or you don't, so you can do what you want. But as soon as I wear a G string at the gym, probably shouldn't have any one squats, you know. Sometimes I don't even know who you are.
Speaker 1: I don't know who I am either. I've never liked dogs my whole life. I've been pretty vocal about that. Didn't make me a bad person. I just wasn't a dog person until I was confronted with a choice from my husband and my children, another baby or a dog. So along come Sid, the toy kavoodle.
Speaker 2: Oh Sid, what an absolute delight she is. She's crazy, believably crazy.
Speaker 1: Since a toy kavoodle, mate, she doesn't sound like that.
Speaker 2: What's the matter? That is crazy?
Speaker 3: That is not what Sid sounds like.
Speaker 1: Sid turn one yesterday, Hazy. I know you were super excited for Sid's birthday. So I got up in the morning and I gave her a little treat, little teaspoon or peanut butter Rover's reward, it's called she loves.
Speaker 2: It what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: And then we gave her a little party at night, Hazy. So she had a little party hat on, and she had a boat eye and a bandanna that said it's my birthday, and a banner that had like on the wall that had a little paws across it and that said happy birthday, Sit. How good gosh. Anyway, she also had a doggy biscuit cake, So try explaining to a three year old you can't eat that cake.
Speaker 3: She's like, I just wanted to chocolate.
Speaker 7: Mommy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, no, that will make you very very ill, darling. Don't eat it.
Speaker 1: And as part of her presence, she's got a brand new lead and a trip to the groomers.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's enough enough. Sit here and keep my mouth shaft for most of that. But for goodness sake, he says, what's more confusing You explain to your three year old human that they can't hit the dog food, or trying to explain to a one year old dog that we're having a party for you. Oh, here you go. You love your little thing at your birthday? You really did all those things?
Speaker 3: I really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, had a good hour at the pet shop. Anyway, she got too much? You got too much money? Did you mean a lot of what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: So give me.
Speaker 1: She gets a text via her daddy's phone and it said, Hi, Sid, please confirm your appointment with precious pause on the ninth of August at nine am. And so my husband, being my husband, Gregory wrote back, Sid doesn't know how to use a phone.
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, good, that's good gift. That's a good gift.
Speaker 1: Greg no response, so they like they re send it saying please, can you know high Sid, please confirm your appointment with Precious. Pause on the ninth of August at nine am, so they've gone again. So then Gregory responds once again with look at me, I'm a mess.
Speaker 3: Of course I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. What sends her a little photo classic isn't that nice? And then Sid turns up and they're like, well, you are a mess. I think I know where you're mess because you've got raining. People don't do this, by the way.
Speaker 1: The poor woman at Precious pauses like, I'm not going to you that dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at it. Rabbid little thing, isn't she. People don't do this, by the way. Is that is ridiculous. It is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's just showing love to your little for their good friend who loves me unconditionally, by the way, And I haven't always had that my whole life, so thank Sid.
Speaker 2: Okay. She also likes to wei wherever she goes, well she does. When I looked after for a little bit, she liked to just I think she was weaning as she was walking along as well.
Speaker 1: She gets excited around people that she's like she likes, so I'm surprised she weed around.
Speaker 2: He oh yeah, good, I tell you what this is. I can't get my head around this. And look, we've got a dog. She's fifteen or almost sixteen. I'm getting birthdays anymore. She's waking up every morning going, oh gosh, I'm still alive. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: I was going to say her next birthday could be a last. Yeah, and don't talk to me about when your dog's incontinent, like actual incontinent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's sixteen. Yeah, she's not in her prime. She's not one years old. And I don't even think that. I think sid's doing it because she can. You'd be like, oh, it's so cute. You did a WII on the couch. Oh my gosh, we're so blessed.
Speaker 1: That's not how I talk to my dog. Thank you very much. Go on, its shitty, you get a little wee on your couch? Really?
Speaker 2: What the fork again?
Speaker 1: One of these people that talk to their dogs like that?
Speaker 2: Are there people?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Like? Come on Jenuine thirteen, twenty four ten. If you like to throw parties for your pets. I want to hear from you because I had fun. I enjoyed it, and so did Sid.
Speaker 2: There are other people, like the oddies, and Greg's not Greg's involved in this as well. In fact, Greg might be the ringleader your husband.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's the one that's sending text to the poor, but like the gross going Oh sorry, Sid can't talk.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a people out there.
Speaker 1: Four tire is and look at Sid.
Speaker 3: Seid is absolutely loving it. Sick. Look at her little face.
Speaker 2: Hey god, she looks so miserable. It's a video, it's not a photo. Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 1: Said, I threw a party from my dog, Sid, who turned one. That's okay, that's fine. She had a ball, she had a doggy cake, she had a banner, she had a hat, and she loved it, did she though?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And our good friend Chantell just sent me a text and said, I'm not listening to people who threw throw parties for their dogs.
Speaker 3: Jody, you've changed.
Speaker 2: Well, good goll.
Speaker 1: Chaz no chas it appears, I'm not the only one in Adelaide who likes to throw parties for their pets.
Speaker 2: Surely not.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty fourteen, Get involved or you can textus O four double O nine nine nine one nine. Fellow pet lovers, get around it, Rachel, you throw parties for your pets?
Speaker 6: Hi? How you going?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 6: But I've got two dogs, a French bull dog and a Pomeranian and Haze. You actually met my dog Tilly at You're a barbecue fish. He was the black little Pomeranian in the in the Hawaiian.
Speaker 2: My gosh, world, isn't it. I mean, all of a sudden you're doing this and that, and then you're judging the best dressed dog competition at festival.
Speaker 1: Has in your career taken.
Speaker 2: Off your little fellows an exception? Rachel?
Speaker 6: He gets a birthday every year. So he turned eleven this year and his birthday cake balloon dog park party. He gets custom cakes made from the Woolfrey Bakery.
Speaker 1: All right, I love this far and I love a dog that wears a Hawaii shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real party dog.
Speaker 6: Yes, too many beers that day.
Speaker 2: Let's what he us in his element. Give you my best, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Josh.
Speaker 1: We've got a blow who throws parties. Hey, Josh, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Talk us through it?
Speaker 7: I'm with you, Jody, we throw parties for We've got two dogs, one a while and one's a German shepherd, and we go all out for them. Just turned one and we put him in pajamas the night before at a movie night with him and then locked all the doors. Did our little made like a pond with hundreds and hundreds of twenty and he just do it in the morning, anywhore?
Speaker 1: Oh, Josh, I love, I love that your dogs are huge. So if a dog's like a big dog's inviting other dogs to a party have to be a big dog party, wouldn't that you couldn't have any little dogs? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, when they're when he's got a few friends while they both have a few big dog friends and they are the house is when they're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah snoop dogs there, Nate dogs there as well, all the top dogs. Good on, Josh.
Speaker 3: Georgia.
Speaker 1: Oh my, okay, I've been waiting for this all morning. Georgia, good morning, good morning, great, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: You work in our sales department upstairs, and we have discovered your Instagram page which has a lot of followers.
Speaker 5: How many do you mean mine or Richard's.
Speaker 3: Richard's Richards is your dog? How many.
Speaker 6: He's got fifteen thousand and then four hundred on his.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, go off, Dick. Yeah, I know, wow, that's unbelievable. How do you manage all that? Is that? Actually? How many times you got to post?
Speaker 7: It's a part time gig.
Speaker 5: Really, but he's thanking me money, so he's actually paying himself off.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: So people pay you to get Richard or Dick to balance things on his.
Speaker 2: Head, right yeah? Basically yeah?
Speaker 1: And also you like to talk to your dogs, don't you.
Speaker 2: Georgia. Oh I'm coming for you. What are you talking about? What are you talking about? What are we talking about? What are you talking about? Georgia? What's going on here? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I have a dog boy much like everybody, and I have been in both really you have.
Speaker 1: And for everyone listening, this is going to make your day. This is Georgia talking to her dog.
Speaker 3: Richard lone think the dice, mondays.
Speaker 5: Good, mondays.
Speaker 6: Georgia between Zoe and I and clearly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow, Okay, I'll tell you what, Georgia. If if I'm Dick and you're coming towards me like that with that voice, I'm giving you one of these ones.
Speaker 3: Let's head to Japan, shall we?
Speaker 1: A Japanese man who spent more than twenty thousand dollars to become a dog has finally taken his first walk and immediately made some cane on friends.
Speaker 3: You cannot make this up.
Speaker 2: Went for walkies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you do that with your dog? Wookies? And they get so excited their tails going there own?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do you ever take your dog for a walk And all of a sudden a human climbs out.
Speaker 1: Of no So, known only as Toko, the Man spent two million yen that's twenty two thousand dollars Australian on a hyper realistic rough collie costume to fulfill his lifelong dream of becoming an animal.
Speaker 3: So he's gone for a walk to the dog park, right.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 1: In the pair of surreal videos posted to his YouTube channel I Want to Be an Animal, Toko was seen being taken out for a walk on a leash and sniffing at other docks.
Speaker 5: In the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's where he kind of reveals just a little bit too much about his personality. Yeah, I can do this because I'm a dog now, yeah, technically a human.
Speaker 1: And also Toko has demonstrated some sort of sensibility because he said, I rarely tell my friends because I'm afraid they'll think I'm weird, so you should.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, they'll accept me, know they won't.
Speaker 1: So this story got me thinking, guys, and we'll whip around the room to see how you feel about this. But if you could dress up as any animal for a day and go and play a prank, what would you do.
Speaker 3: Abby in the newsroom, I would want to be a fly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know when you have a fly that won't leave you alone and you get really angry and you can never.
Speaker 3: Hit it and kill it and all the rest of it, and it always ends in an f off. Yeah, I would go.
Speaker 1: And haunt my ex boyfriends and people that have annoyed me or that been mean to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: The agility of a fly is just phenomenal. Also, yet no judgment. You can just tuck into a whole heap of crap. That's what you do, like literally crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, if.
Speaker 2: You're into that sort of thing. Absol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm going in a practical direction.
Speaker 8: Okay, octopus, you can maximize my grocery shopping efficiency. Eight arms, grabbing out, pushing the trolley, grabbing my condient.
Speaker 2: Are you're walking with your back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry to two walkings. Yeah, you got four grabbing. So if it's a thin aisle too, you've got two arms on both ass just grabbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, octopus and our four octopus. You know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: It's an ink clean up and our four.
Speaker 3: That's when you get really excited because the chocolate's on.
Speaker 2: I think to myself, in yourself again, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to dress up as a dolphin and I'm going to peruse the Really, I'm going to peruse the really crowded surf beaches and just have a ball popping up in the waves next to the surfers like going.
Speaker 2: And you're like, because at that moment where you're like, I've got this humor, they think of my sh and then you bump up and then you bite them anyway, and.
Speaker 1: Then I start laughing and rip my dolphin head off and go no, it's me Joie.
Speaker 2: The kid goes back to the original situation where they're absolutely scared.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 2: Well, I think if you could take one guess what do you think?
Speaker 3: I think we all know what you like to dress up as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm dressed up right now, underneath the all of this, it's me.
Speaker 1: Hey, I go to pilates and it's supposed to be zen. Yeah, plartis it's all about stood in headspace, connecting to the inner breath and just taking the time for yourself. Not so the other day when I went to a class and I walk in Andrew Hayes and everyone's setting up for the plates class and there is a mat on the floor and a drink bottle, so obviously someone's claimed their territory.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I go to put my mat next to they're setup right, there's no one there, okay.
Speaker 1: So I start to set up and in she walks, and she looks at me, the owner of the mat, and goes, I'm here. And I just looked at her, and I looked around and there was space for days, like there was so much room, And I said, are you joking? I said, have a look around you. There is so much room. You need to move four inches that way. And she's like, I was here first.
Speaker 2: So are you the person? Are you the person at a completely empty theater that goes up and sits next to the only person in the Is that what you did?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: You sit next to some of the trainers knowing and you're like, what next to you? As I can sit here?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: This is more about a woman who's like, this is my space, this is my spot, and you are not to encroach on it so effectively because I am a child. I roll up my mat aggressively, passive, aggressively, and I gather my frank green and my socks with the little pattered things on the bottom so they're sticky and you can stay on the floor stationary.
Speaker 3: And I moved to the back of the.
Speaker 1: Room and I crammed myself in as if to say, oh, look, and I look at her, and I go, see, you've got the whole class to yourself.
Speaker 3: Now you're happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what was her? Because I can imagine just how aggressive and gangster this setting would have been, given there were frank Green bottles involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so I do the class from the back of the room, crammed in like a sardine, just absolutely seeding the whole time when I should have been connecting with my breath. And I'm looking at her, hazy. She was terrible. She was terrible at pilarates. So the class ends everyone's in how xdale Mustei, thank you so much, hope you all feel better. And I walk out and I glanced at her and I said, may I suggest, if you're going to take up prime real estate in Pilarates, you may not want to suck.
Speaker 2: At it.
Speaker 1: At all? What is it with these women that think they're spot in the gym is theirs? We all pay fees, we all make the effort to get there. You don't have ownership over a spot.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say something and just look, just hear me out here, hear me out here, and don't get upset, all right, keep that zen within you. But there's some Karen vibes about you. Yes, did you complain to a manager or did you complain to someone higher up?
Speaker 3: I had a chat to the instructor and again.
Speaker 2: She agreed, I'd like to see the instructive flat. Well, Jones, what have I said since day dot, since the first moment that we started doing this show? What have I always said?
Speaker 3: It is what it is, but it isn't what it Isn't that?
Speaker 2: And also, well, you can't trust escalators and bangkok.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know you've always said that.
Speaker 2: We can't stress that enough for you're at nov Oh, you've just got to be so careful. What about this? And this is quite graphic, so just be a little bit weird, you'd be a.
Speaker 3: Little bit careful please.
Speaker 2: If it's graphic, I know, well, I just it sort of mixes in with what I thought was always a bit of an urban myth. Okay, but this has come true. A tire woman lost her leg when it became stuck in a moving walkway at a Bangkok airport. One of those escalators which if you're feeling a little bit lazy, you maybe you've got heaps of lugga. Did you jump on there and you get a bit of a free lift?
Speaker 3: So one of the flat ones, not one going up one flat ones.
Speaker 2: Like a snail on the back of a turtle, just getting a free lift. The flat ones along the ground, not going up the flat ones.
Speaker 1: How nurse did she lose her leg? Be careful?
Speaker 2: So she's fifty seven. Her name hasn't been released. She was set to board a flight in Bangkok and when she tripped over her suitcase right at the last second, her leg then got caught and dragged in a moving walkway the hubs terminal two. Horrified observers tried to turn off the emergency switch, and the machine continued tearing through the limbs of muscle tendanto. Oh my gosh. So no, when you're a little kid and you're on the escalator, you're like, you need to jump off at the end, otherwise you get sucked in and you might get eaten. Yeah, she almost got eaten.
Speaker 3: How did she take it?
Speaker 2: The photo and if you do see the article online, she takes it quite well. She's sitting there missing a leg and seems quite composed. Yeah, right, yeah, the escalator got a leg.
Speaker 3: I just done the escalator.
Speaker 2: Escalator so angry, angry?
Speaker 1: What about the absolute fear though, when you are a small child and you go down to the escalator and you getting to the bottom and you're like.
Speaker 3: You make them leap and you're making and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is why, this is why. You know those moments as well, it's like a genuine moment of realization. Yeah, yeah, so I think I had one of them as soon as I read this article as well. So finally it makes sense as the people keep on telling me I can't jump on an escalator naked, And the thing about that joke is that the truth is it might be the opposite. Like when my wife Kara met me for the first time and she looked me up and down when I was naked and said, well, you could travel on and escalate a naked and be fine. And I said, what does that mean? Mean that comment? I said, he you're hungry, and then we just moved on.
Speaker 1: Dear Diary, Well, it was opposite week on Nova. I mean it wasn't until my good friend Andrew made it.
Speaker 2: So song on July twelfth and nineteen ninety eight was Goo Goo Dolls by Iris, absolute classic.
Speaker 1: It's been a big week in sport, but because things are all topsy turvy, the Thunderbirds actually lost the Grand Final, which makes this piece of commentary really confusing. Driving to the side and it's a shame they couldn't get over the line because this was a hell of a spray from Eleanor Cardwoll in overtime.
Speaker 3: Now he's got the Harford.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry hard And also in opposite week in better news, Gold Coast Sons coach Stewie Jue got a contract extension for his tremendous win loss record. Not really, Diary, he got sacked and word has it. In his final act of rebellion, he stole ten VIP mac of sponsorship cards just to stick it up the ars of management. Speaking of putting things in your bot, we offered to do just that morning, Michelle, what was your.
Speaker 2: Work, Perche.
Speaker 7: I've been a nasty year, so I think my.
Speaker 1: Biggest what's the feeling like, what's the sensation of having a colonoscopy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I guess that's a same but.
Speaker 1: Give it it is backwards week. Our colonoscopy will involve slushing Andrew's mouth out. Also Diary, I became obsessed with Britney's Instagram this week.
Speaker 3: She's the one that said again it did I ups but my kid's.
Speaker 1: Response if I just posted on my Instagram page.
Speaker 3: Just in my brah going like that, can you imagine?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Jody's Jugs.
Speaker 6: Diary.
Speaker 1: We also chatted about weird proposals and as it turns out, love can be real aggressive in the Addy household.
Speaker 3: I did not know that proposal.
Speaker 7: Who is this?
Speaker 3: That's how what happened. It literally had me in a headlog and went marry me and love it.
Speaker 1: Finally, Diary ot Away from Catherine gave us a call about her obsession with patches. Catherine from Ottaway, What do you refuse to give.
Speaker 2: Up my nicorette chewing.
Speaker 5: That I've been chewing those for the past twenty years after I gave up smoking, and do you think I can get.
Speaker 1: Off of them?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: So to all the nicotine addicts, my nicorette chewing and the.
Speaker 1: Britney insta obsessed Jody's jugs this morn thanks for backwards week Googoo Dolls by Iris classic go off this weekend. Love from The Hazy and Jody Show.