Speaker 1: Right across Melbourne. This is number one hundred. Good morning. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well. We're doing to thanks to our mates's Shelready Express. I mate your dramas on the Spirit of Tazzy Overnight. What about that very scary, terrifying A guy got out of control it with a knickknife. He was he got out of control on the boat with a knife, escalated quite quickly and then to turn the boat.
Speaker 2: Around Spirit of Tasmania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, Clinton, We'll have more details coming up in the eight thirty yeles. At the moment, though, I want to talk.
Speaker 2: Gards, Pikachu. People still into Pokemon not.
Speaker 3: I've never done anything related to Pokemon. So not the movie, not the cards, not the app, nothing, not one thing.
Speaker 1: You weren't in a park during lockdown walking around with Pokemon go trying to find those finny a.
Speaker 2: Funny little no shame to anyone who was.
Speaker 3: But I was not.
Speaker 4: See i've recently and you don't scream Pokemon. To be fair, I don't.
Speaker 2: Really get it.
Speaker 5: I don't need I remember it being a cartoon when I was a kid. Yeah, because it was the game on the phone, Well.
Speaker 1: Made of mine our name and shame him Sam Lonigan.
Speaker 2: Didn't Sam Lonigan a football player?
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, it was a coach down at Richmond. Now, okay, he loved me sharing this, but huge Pokemon.
Speaker 3: Guy, Like, what variety of Pokemon we're talking?
Speaker 2: That's something you want to keep close to you, So thanks for that, mate.
Speaker 1: Sam will drive a few hours to pick up a card.
Speaker 2: No he won't.
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha, I don't know? You know he would?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Samuel. Sam will make the track to pick up a card or something.
Speaker 5: He was he was, But I had friends that were like driving around town to get those little things from Cole's when they were trying to do the mini shopping center things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, normal grown adult woman. What are you doing driving an hour to get a Miniomo?
Speaker 1: Okay, forget about the mini Oma. There's a lot of money in Pokemon cards, right, were very rarely had to find. Sam got in a bidding war or an argument with someone on Facebook. One day they were fighting over a card and value.
Speaker 5: Do Sam know that you're telling this story? They have it a private collection.
Speaker 1: And then he sent me a screenshotgun on bartering, Like I'm arguing with the wrong person. It was ROBERTA. Williams.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you hang on. Wait, that's a plot twist.
Speaker 4: I didn't see coming romon.
Speaker 5: What Sam Loningan and ROBERTA Williams having what is their business?
Speaker 2: Fighting over Pokemon?
Speaker 3: No, you can't be fighting over ROBERTA Williams.
Speaker 5: Listening to twenty four ten you like to I can't imagine her being being fighting over Pokemon.
Speaker 3: People are doing it.
Speaker 1: And you know what Logan Paul, famous influencer fighter.
Speaker 2: Is he fighting with Roberta william No?
Speaker 1: No? Is he fighting?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, he has just sold a rare Pokemon card for twenty three point three million dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's just stupid. I've got stupid talk.
Speaker 1: I made him on Gabe who runs Lunar Cards on Center Road in Bentley Best card Shop.
Speaker 2: Do you have an array of random friends?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm picturing. I'm picturing the Blake from the Simpsons, who's a whatmic book guy?
Speaker 2: Comic book guy Simpsons?
Speaker 1: You're the comic book guy from the Simpsons.
Speaker 6: Take massive offense to that game.
Speaker 2: Come on, people aren't paying millions of dollars for Pokemon.
Speaker 6: Cards, aren't they actually are they actually are?
Speaker 3: Are you're a fan? You're you're a Pokemon guy.
Speaker 6: I've been a Pokemon guy all my life.
Speaker 1: Wow, So tell Lauren. Because Hoddy, my ten year old, got into cards and he would trade them with Gabe. Tell the guys about the value pre and post COVID and what some sets were worth.
Speaker 6: So basically, for example, a card that was one hundred dollars pre COVID is one hundred dollars at the thousand dollars now one thousand dollars then is ten thousand?
Speaker 2: We called COVID. We all went loopy, their cards.
Speaker 6: Were gone in between. Uh, it was just the boredom in lockdown. I think it sort of helped. But the investment side of it, what.
Speaker 3: Sorry was it?
Speaker 4: Gayelet does one find these cards?
Speaker 3: Are they in a pack?
Speaker 6: So not the ones that Logan Pool's telling, but in general, yes, they come out of packete of cards. They released a new set every three months or so, and they usually.
Speaker 5: Be Why is Logan Pool's card that he has worth twenty three million dollars?
Speaker 6: So Logan Pools is a graded card, so it's it's been conditioned, graded and it's ten out of ten because only one in the world, so there's no imperfections on it.
Speaker 7: You look at the card, there's in one of those glass holders. Yes, I still put my basketball cart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in a plastic case. And yeah, Grater ten out of ten and there's only one in the world.
Speaker 3: So one characters you can just print them.
Speaker 5: They're not it's not like it's not like a diamond that you actually have to go on.
Speaker 1: Fine, remember they're so rare, that's the thing. Just you know the bit that crushed me. I was in the store one day and this guy brought his whole family collection.
Speaker 3: But you were there with your son.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So your son's spending thousands of dollars on Pokemon No.
Speaker 1: No, no, like he would buy packs off Gabe and then some of the cards were worth hundreds. He ended up selling them all. He made a couple of grand But there was this did your son, Yeah, but there was this one day, this guy, I don't know if you remember this game. He brought in his whole collection. I was probably might happen a fair bit and it was left to him in a will and he thought he was going to make a fortune night to watch tell him they were fake carts. Yeah, two dollars.
Speaker 6: I do remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, heartbreak.
Speaker 4: I was crushed, So I'm sorry, hey.
Speaker 2: Just quickly, I mean Dad's laughing in his great art.
Speaker 1: True? Or is there some very well known Melbourne footballers trading in Pokemon cards?
Speaker 6: Definitely? It definitely is. I have a few boys from a few teams come across my store in my d MS asking for cards. That's going to help help them out?
Speaker 3: Come on, you car.
Speaker 2: Going well, they're generally winners.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to go quickly gave.
Speaker 7: So do you deal in other cards or are you just do we do?
Speaker 6: We do a variety of everything that sports cards, NBA, AFL, other games pie for gathering.
Speaker 2: Are the a f L cards worth as much.
Speaker 6: Gape not millions? No?
Speaker 2: What's the most expensive card you've gotten? The shot?
Speaker 6: Uh, it's totally about five thousand dollars five?
Speaker 5: And so are you holding on to that for your personal collection or are you willing to swap or trade or sell that?
Speaker 6: Those ones of sale the personal collection, they don't get pulled out and they're.
Speaker 7: Worth a lot more.
Speaker 2: What have you got in the personal collection?
Speaker 3: Comics?
Speaker 6: What's the thing you've got?
Speaker 7: I've got the first first edition shows first that's the.
Speaker 6: Holy grail in most collecting. What would that be worth about thirty thousand? No?
Speaker 1: Are you walking up and down Center Road with it around your neck like logan Paul?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Is it in a sate on the wall?
Speaker 1: Oh code next month?
Speaker 2: It's in a safe Yeah.
Speaker 3: How you really do you do like Pokemon dress up nights and stuff?
Speaker 6: But we do do trade days massive. I think what's called dealer?
Speaker 1: I'm not a dealer. Lunar Cards, Center Road, alban Hi guy, good to chat, buddy, Thank.
Speaker 6: You, thanks, thank you, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Guys, say buddy, A lot of money, mate, A lot of adults down there.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's ludicrous, millions of dollars on when.
Speaker 1: How do you went to a trade day there?
Speaker 2: People aren't doing that. No, not a millionaires.
Speaker 1: Than No, you got to dress up?
Speaker 2: No, Lauren, Lauren, wake up feeling good. Following them on the socials