Speaker 1: On scoring leads Ostrodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wider Panalty Show. Good evening and welcome to the readA Panety show. Coming up tonight the election post mortem and the crucial leadership decision facing the Liberal Party. The panel will join me shortly. The Greens decimated while the Tills have plenty of seats but zero power after Labour's dumping majority. Professor Employment joins me shortly to discuss what we can expect from a second term Albanese government. President Donald Trump's borders are threatens to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities. Army Horowitz will be here to cover the latest from the US, and later in the hour, Kinsey Schofield on why King Charles refuses to speak to Prince Harry and Left is losing It has plenty of fun and frivolity, as well as this anti milk lunacy from Berlin.
Speaker 3: Business.
Speaker 2: But first, joining me now for a post mortem of the political blood bath we saw play out over the weekend. Our Sky and News contributors prim McSween and Tina McQueen. Ladies. We will get to the election results shortly, but let's start with the Liberals searching for a new leader. After Peter Dutton lost his own seat. That are reports the coalition is exploring a potential unity ticket consisting of Shadow Treasurer Angus Taylor as leader and Shadow Immigration mister Dan Tin as his deputy. Flinder's MP Zoe Mackenzie would be elevated to Manager of Opposition Business. Who is your pick to rebuild the Liberal brand?
Speaker 4: I think whoever the small party room decide on now will not lead into.
Speaker 2: The next election.
Speaker 4: So I would say possibly Angus Taylor will probably have the numbers to be leader when they resume, but I really don't feel he will lead the team into the election. I mean, it's sad to say, but slim pickings for us in the party. But there also may be some people to unexpected entries into the field last minute. I can't confirm that now, but I am hearing a couple of other names that may throw the hat in the ring. But it's such a dismal, dismal thing to do to try and elect Lena when so many have been wiped out.
Speaker 2: It's heartbreaking. Well, it's going to be a long tough road through to the next election and be in a position to actually form a government. It seems like a lot of the talent for the Liberal Party is in the upper house, in the Senate and the lower house. It is slim.
Speaker 5: Pickings absolutely, and you know, whoever really does go in now, I believe is a seat warmer. Things are going to change in six years because frankly.
Speaker 2: I think that Albaneze is going to be in for it le six years.
Speaker 5: But in this first term they're going to be irrelevant really, so I don't think that Hangus Taylor is really up for the job in the longer term. To me, it's almost irrelevant who goes in there. I would you hear of people like alexanderik If, but of course he's in the wrong house. You look at Ted O'Brien, I think he's a really strong performer if given what he did during the energy debate, and I would like to see Ted O'Brien Hasty Duo in the second term of Albanese's government and to take it up to him then.
Speaker 2: Well, I said on Outsiders yesterday that Hasty for me is the clear choice. Now he actually has to put his hat into the ring to make that happen. But he's young, he is principled. There is just an X factor about him. He's got charisma, got an incredible history before he entered politics. There's just so much going for him. Being from Wa isn't seen as helpful, but I think in this day and age it shouldn't stop someone from being elevated to leader. We'll see what happens there. Now let's turn our attention to what went wrong for the Liberals, and we've seen contrasting reports in the media today. We've got Jeff Chambers and Greg Brown writing in The Australian that Peter Dutton and his team went into the campaign with a and I quote fatal over confidence that were void by the coalition's resurgence following the Indigenous Voice referendum and the labor mistakes and immigration and the number of political scandals. But we've got James Campbell writing in The Herald Son that Dutton's campaign deliberately shielded the leader from key intel, including how dire the polls were in his own seat of Dixon, because and I quote here, he was already a nervous wreck. Prewe we've been saying on this program for weeks now. Remember the last discussion we had the three of us was all about just what a terrible campaign this has been from the Liberals, how lackluster it has been, how weak, How you know, there's barely any policy differentiation that you can point to to encourage voters to throw out a first term government. And I don't think anyone could be shocked by the result. But I've got to say I was shocked by Peter Dutton losing his own seat. Well yes and no.
Speaker 5: I mean there were pundits saying that or insider saying that he was very vulnerable. But Philip Koury in the AFR was saying, you know, there's going to be a lot of soul searching for the Liberal Party, but it has no soul. And I think that's the problem that when you look at the whole executive, the operational procedures, the fact that really it needs a toe to rebrand, a revisit to its operational side. The people on the ground are non existent. There are no supporters that are there or likely successes to help.
Speaker 2: I just think that they have.
Speaker 5: To go back to tours and look at what you do in any campaign. When I do strategies for clients and you have to look at your operational structure, you then have to set your policies that you want to achieve and then you prosecute them. You think about who your targets are and prosecute them. And the Liberal Party hasn't done that. I don't know what they did for three years. They sat on their hands and didn't come up with any custard or thought through policy.
Speaker 4: I'll call out now and Andrew Hurst should have resigned by now. The President John Olson should be gone, the rest of that executive be gone.
Speaker 2: Paul Dutton was given.
Speaker 4: Private polling which was absolute bers.
Speaker 2: So he was behind the eight ball along.
Speaker 4: I am libert and these guys should have gone yesterday, not today. Should have gone yesterday. You've got an eighty year old president that's been there for quite a while. Go move on, John and rehearse.
Speaker 2: You're weak, you're a coward. You should have gone too. So that's how angry I am Rita Well, Tina, is that why the policy platform was so weak. I just could not understand the strategy. They were almost operating from the view that they were well in front and they didn't want to have any big missteps, so they were going to do a small target strategy. When you've got a first term government and if you want to get rid of a first term government, you better go hard, you better go negative. You better have very clear policy differentiation on big issues, and we didn't have that. If I, as a conservative, have trouble understanding what the hell they're up to and what they're proposing, how's the average person, who may be a political or not that politically engage, going to say I'm going to back this lot over a first term government. That's right.
Speaker 4: Look, having said on federal executive for a number of years, you know they have a lot to say in the policy, the advertising, everything, And I can tell you out of that entire federal executive there's probably two conservative and there in lies the problem. You know, there are no conviction executives on that committee. And that's where we went That's where we went wrong, and that's where Peter had no support. It would have been their advice to muzzle all the good performers and just make it about Peter, which was absolutely stupid.
Speaker 2: Idea.
Speaker 5: I'm a strong leader, weren't we We wanted somebody who would lead and prosecute a case against this disgraceful government.
Speaker 2: And to back your policies, to give the people a clear choice, and not to be so worried about appeasing your opponents, appeasing the media, worried about media backlashes. I just can't believe they're still operating in that environment where they're trying to minimize the media backlash rather than take a bold position and unapologetically prosecute the case like they did with the Voice. Everyone attacked them for their Voice position when they eventually took one after ten months, but it worked because it gave the Australian people a clear choice. Now, as we know, there are many people who are using the election result to push their own political barrows. The Liberals are quite susceptible to accepting the worst advice post election, and I want to bring your attention a piece in the Daily Telegraph that claimed that Peter Dutton's toxic immigration policies, which were very minor cuts to immigration, cost him dearly and the Liberals should shy away from proposing migration cuts in the future. I mean, this is just Bonker's stuff. Every pole we see shows that the majority want to see significant cuts to immigration, or at least cuts to what we see the moment. And on election night I was watching the ABC so nobody else had to. It was taking one for the team. They were obsessed about the final week of the election, campaigned a discussion around welcome to country and acknowledgment of country, and they were acting like that was a huge factor in the election result, again ignoring the fact that all the polling shows those ceremonies are not popular with the Australian people. Tina, what is the danger of the higher ups within the Liberals, the authorities within the Liberals listening to this very poor advice and veering further left and again becoming labor lighte. The Liberals don't win when they're labor lighte. We've seen that in Wa, we've seen that in Victoria, and yet this is what's been proposed federally. Oh, it's just crazy.
Speaker 4: You know, when Dunton and we were all on that Trump train, which I'm still on, if we had a stood firm by that, but that, as I said, the federal executive got spooked by the or we can't upset the immigration, you know, we can't say anything bad about working the country. All this is ridiculous. They were spooked, absolutely spooked. Instead of going harder and standing firm on those bold policies that the people respect. They backed off them and that's where people lost respect for Dutton and became very confused as to what his policies were. It's just a shame that he was hijacked by that executive and the left of the party and to taming things down. It was ridiculous and that's why we've got the result.
Speaker 2: We have pro if there was a landslide loss. But he at least took a policy platform to the election that was principled and strong and gave the Australian people a clear choice. You could copy that. But the weakness of the of the policy platform, the entire strategy being so flawed. I think that's what stings for a lot of Liberals is that you lost in a landslide and he didn't really even turn up to the fight.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: You know, they've betrayed Conservative voters because they abandoned the policies that would give us an excuse, a reason to vote for them. They hadn't thought through the policies. They got gutless. They got me too.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't win an.
Speaker 5: Election by following what Dick was dictated by your opposition, you know, because they didn't have well thought out, well structured policies. They'd forgotten who they were talking to, who their base is.
Speaker 2: They abandoned all of that.
Speaker 5: And you know, this is why we're all out in the wilderness because and dismayed, because we were let down badly by a supposedly conservative government that got spooped by a bullying egomaniac who was the better retail politician.
Speaker 2: And this is how gullible that the.
Speaker 5: Voters are that they look. You know, we saw that the job that was done to make Anthony Albanezi look more palatable when he.
Speaker 2: Got his new teeth, new guys's new wardrobe.
Speaker 5: And then you look at Peter Dutton, who the poor bugger was voldemorted, you know, but the man was still deserved to be listened to, because if he'd been principled and allowed to save what he really believed, I think that passion would have come through prove it would have believed.
Speaker 2: It was done by himself with no support team.
Speaker 4: So all Labor had to do was demonized the man, which they did. Dutton had no soldiers, there were no Pratorian guards around him, which Labor admit that they had great Batrurian guards. So yeah, look, there's so much to unpack. But it's just a shame because Duttony is a very very decent, decent man. I can assure you an absolutely decent man, and perhaps too decent for politics.
Speaker 2: And I think his own political insights things are sound. But he, like you said, has been led astray by people within the party who set the policy agenda. And here we are, and you're right. Some of the strong performance, Hasty Price, where were they? We barely saw any of them and when they did speak it was like they were scared of hearing from them. Now, the election did see violent at versts, at polling booths. There was a number of incidents. I'm just going to play one here. It's a trumpet of patriots volunteer getting physically assaulted in a booth in Pakenham.
Speaker 1: H cut it out, you have cut it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were built on bunticulturalism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these ads on who what Australia is about? What you're doing to you?
Speaker 8: And I will see you go ahead, because I've got all these witnesses.
Speaker 2: I've got you on of what you did? You struck first?
Speaker 1: Someone, Can we have some police here, please, Tina.
Speaker 2: The nerve there. First he launches into that attack and then says, I'm going to sue you. But before that, we've got the lecture about how immigrants built the country and how dare your ads vilify immigrants or whatever the accusation was. I mean, the the nerve there is astonishing.
Speaker 4: Oh look, I hope the police will call and that guy's been rightly charged. That's terrible to resort to physical to physical violence like that. But I've got to say a lot of the booths were hot and heavy around around the country. And that's another thing. I mean, our Conservatives vote is split so many ways now with although Clive Palmon didn't have too much effect, sometimes one or two percent can really make the difference in a lot of seats. So you know, maybe we should think of not splintering these Conservatives groups and all joining together. I mean, we have to do something otherwise, as Prue said, we're going to be out of government for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Well, the vote has splintered to the right. There's multiple minor parties now that are on the right, and that independent vote minor party vote is huge now. So it definitely there needs to be some sort of a realignment down the track if the coalition wants to be electable again. Before we go, let's just have a look at a silver lining in this election. And I'll be talking to Professor and Plymer about this a little bit later. But the Greens they suffered massive electoral losses and thankfully Labor is not going to be in a coalition with this lot.
Speaker 6: God, I'm so angry I could eat a.
Speaker 7: Authorized by Jake Still Australian Green's camera.
Speaker 2: Yes, so hungry, he could eat a billionaire. Proof that is. I've got to say sorry.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say we can thank Advance Australia who ran a tremendous campaign against the Greens that clearly has paid off.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I think they've been very effective. Particularly their social media work is far more effective than what we saw from Liberal HQ ladies. Thank you so much for your time tonight. Joining me now is a Steam geologist and author, Professor Ian Plymer, a professor. Some of Australia's largest companies, including Rio Tinto and West Farmers, are calling on Labor to use its massive election win to boost productivity as Australia battles its worst productivity slump on record, falling another one point two percent in the last year, and Donald Trump's tariffs and a sinking Chinese economy creating further concern in do you expect to see productivity gains during Albanese's second term.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be hard because the Australian Labor Party, is the political wing of the Union, already got their hand up saying well, we want to screw employers even more and that's going to mean greater costs and decreasing productivity. And basically, the productivity is what's going to pay back the debt that this country's got. And unless you've got great productivity a lot of people working, we cannot afford the welfare and we cannot afford the debt. And this election was basically about those who are producing and those who want to continue on welfare.
Speaker 2: Well, we had very little policy differentiation from the Liberals, so many of their policies were announced late.
Speaker 6: Well, you've been saying that for ages, We've been.
Speaker 2: Saying it week in, week out all year, but particularly since the election was called. It's been enormously frustrating because it's obvious that they were making massive missteps. If they were actually interested in winning the election. But it's also disappointing that Australian corporates, big end of town who are impacted by productivity losses really didn't get involved in the election campaign. They're very quick to get involved in social issues, whether it's same sex marriage, the voice. They're very quick to get political when it comes to things that actually don't impact on the running of their business. But when it's something like this that is crucial to the running of their business, they haven't really said anything until now.
Speaker 6: Well, that's exactly right. They like their field good policies. Now Freeotinta supports the voice, Shay, what that doesn't change the price of iron or that doesn't increase the number of tons of iron or getting exported from the country. But if they really focus on the important things, and that's the productivity, then that does enter the bottom line. So I'm really quite disappointed that Australia has changed from a country that was built by labor workers in overalls and now it's being destroyed by labor people in suits. And the companies used to actually have quite a voice in the way in which this country produced, the way which is country stayed solvent, but now we have a Union government and I can't see that happening, and the.
Speaker 2: Unions are going to be very emboldened now. I mean we've got a thumping Labor majority. The last time around it was a very small majority and we saw how they behaved. So now it's going to be I think, a free for all now. It was also a terrible nights for the Greens as well as the Liberals. The Greens were decimated, falling well short of the nine seat goal that at a Band had set his sights on, and Band himself is perilously close to losing his own seat to Labor's Sarah Whitty in We've got to say the worst case scenario in this election has been avoided. The worst case was always having a Labor minority government, having to rely on the Greens in a coalition, having the Greens holding the balance of power. Now we've got the Greens really destroyed. Particularly if Banned ends up losing his own seat, well.
Speaker 6: Yes, and that would be sweet justice. And he has been targeted by some groups like Advance, who very very successfully targeted the hypocrisy and the anti everything of the Greens. The Greens wanted to bring us back into caves, and here we've got people who are living off the fat of the land and as Greens politicians, and so I think Advance deserve a lot of credit for attacking the Greens as they did. It is a lineball with Adam Bant. I think the preferences were very important, but the postal and pre poll votes clearly are favoring the Labor Party rather than the Greens, and I think that would be a good thing because once the Greens were a party that were hugging trees. Now they're quite happy to bulldoze trees, to put up machinery made by slave labor in China, to give us intermittent power that's sending this country break.
Speaker 2: So it's mad.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's a god in heaven.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Greens policies and Advance, I think really should provide a framework for the Liberal Party on how you tackle modern politics because you look at what Advance we're doing on social media compared to what the Liberals were doing. And again I would have thought they would have learnt from the Voice campaign, where Advance was so effective with their campaign material. Now the Greens had a terrible night, but in contrast, the Tills did pretty well, retaining all their seats, although Zoe Daniel Seed of Goldstein is on a razor thin margin less than one hundred votes last time I checked, so there might be a recount there. We don't know there, but she has claimed victory for now. But with all that said that they've retained those seats, but what little political clout they once had in the Lake of Labour's thumping majority is gone. Labor Senator Don Farrell said that the Tills can't blackmail us. Well, they can't in parliament, but they're superfluous. They're just going to be sitting around watching Labor past legislation.
Speaker 6: Well, that's quite right, and the Teals have no policies. They voted with the Greens for more than seventy percent of everything that went up into Parliament and basically they were an anti Liberal party group. And I'm very pleased that in the seat of Goldstein you'll vote for the Teals might have actually had some impact on having Soarry Daniel re elected. But really they're totally useless as a group. They are a party, but they're totally useless.
Speaker 2: Well they are, but I'll tell you they may be a silver lining with them as well. I think we'll discuss that next time because we've run out of time. Profe Sea employment. Thanks so much for time.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Still to come. Lefties losing it class President Donald Trump's borders are threatens to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities. Armi Horowitz has the greatest You're watching the Ruda Panney Show, and it's time for lefties losing it And she's back, the cackler in chief, Kamala Harris, the woman who squandered one point eight billion dollars to lose every swing state, the electoral college, and the popular vote. Well, she was back doing what she does best, giggling like a giddy schoolgirl on prom night.
Speaker 1: Hi everyone, I.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hi Andrew, Hi everyone, thank you all, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: And Dougie's here too. Dougie's here too. Oh gosh. I really thought we had been unburdened by what has been, but here she is again.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: This was her first major speech losing the election in a landslide, and she chose to speak at an event run by a mob called Emerge, an activist group that recruits and trains Democrat women to run for public office. And despite being VP in the administration that caused unprecedented damage to the US from the border crisis where they allowed millions to flooding illegally each year, to presiding over numerous disastrous policies from Bidenomics to the botch withdrawal from Afghanistan. Despite all that, Kamala was full of criticism of the Trump administration, and she told the crowd of lefties losing it that despite the election result, the country belonged to them.
Speaker 8: This country is ours, doesn't allow whoever is in the White House, it colongs to you.
Speaker 2: We love a little stern Kamala, but really that ain't her. She's the word salad queen. And she delivered another doozy with this elephant. Yes, elephants, maybe they understand the significance of the passage of time.
Speaker 5: Who saw that video from a couple of weeks ago, the one of the elephants at the San Diego Zoo during the earthquake.
Speaker 2: Google it if you've not seen it. So that scene has been on my mind.
Speaker 5: Everybody's asking me what you've been thinking about these days?
Speaker 2: Just wow, you dodged a bullet America. Though I can say this about Kamala, the lady can dance. She's got some moves, and she's learnt some more. It's part of how she maintains what they say is her black joy. So how are you in this moment maintaining your black joy?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 8: Wait one to one.
Speaker 2: To one to one, boss, all right, it's a little wonder The White House Press Secretary Caroline Leavitt had this to say about Kamala's big media day.
Speaker 7: Just to add on the Kamala Harris point, I think I speak for everyone at the White House.
Speaker 8: We encourage Kamala Harris to continue going out and speaking, do speaking engagements.
Speaker 2: Let's have a little trip to Germany now and see how the mad Berlinas are protesting against milk. Yes, milk is apparently inhuman and in humane. Try to see if you can figure out what's happening here. Let's stay in Europe and go across to Sweden, the land of the little doom Goblin. Herself gore to Thunberg, and though she's moved on to being an anti Israeli activist nowadays, some of her fellow countrymen are vandalizing to s outlets in some muder and misguarded protests against what exactly and then we had this performance at a Tesla dealership in Stockholm. I think that's all the European tomfoolery I can handle for one day. Let's go to Harvard. Now, you know, the once prestigious Ivy League school, the pinnacle of academic excellence. Let's see what leftism has done to that institution. Yep, that's a Harvard graduation ceremony, which is producing graduates like this.
Speaker 7: In this spirit, we call into space all those who are not able to be present with us today. The indigenous people who have been displaced and removed are people of conscience who are incarcerated and living in exile. Our north stars. Leonard Peltier, Mumi Abu Jabal, I've thought a Shakur and every Palestinian prisoner who deserves rest, celebration, and the community that we have.
Speaker 1: The institution's commencement views the paper of a Harvard diploma as an opening to the gates of enlightenment, but the People's Commencement.
Speaker 7: Understands that it is the spirit of resistance.
Speaker 11: As exemplified through the martyrs of Palestine, who like the path forward for us all.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in journalists and filmmaker army Horowit's army. Those scenes are incredible. Harvard has a problem, but it's hardly alone in academia and having a significant self inflicted cultural problem.
Speaker 1: Now, absolutely not. This is endemic across academia, unfortunately across the United States. Look, Harvard has been bemoaning the threats of Trump to cut off funding to the university. Well, guys, you have a fifty three billion billion with a b dollar endowment that's bigger than the national currency reserves of Argentina, Finland, and Ireland combined. Okay, Ultimately, the only thing that will change the behavior of these institutions is money.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm a big believer that if look, they're private universities, they can raise money.
Speaker 6: On their own.
Speaker 1: They take some cases one thousand dollars per student for tuition. They can survive on their own. If they want federal funding, they got to play the game. Okay, that's the way it works, and money talks. That's what will make them change their ways. The threat of money.
Speaker 9: And you know.
Speaker 1: All these rich conservative billionaires who over the years have given hundreds of millions of dollars per person to have their name in the school. I blame you, guys. I'm sorry, this is nothing new. We have known about the cultural problems of these universities for years. October seventh is nothing new. Their support of October seventh and Hamas is nothing new. This has been going on for a year, if not decade, and you guys and we have been funding it, garbage in, garbage out. It really starts, frankly, Rita, with the professors. These professors have been teaching woke ideology, the idea that colonizers need to be kicked out of every country, that the United States is the most evil of all the countries, that Israel evil. For years, Rita, you know I've been on this show talking about my experiences and colleges around the country. I would say I take a second seat to no one on understanding how bad these universities are. I have got to Yale Yale, where I've hidden cameras and they were supporting the destruction of the First Amendment. I've been beaten up on the campus of Keuney University for raising an American flag. I raised money to murder Jews at San Francisco State University a few examples. This cultural rock has been there for decades. It's got to stop.
Speaker 2: Now borders. Tom Hoeman was asked about whether leaders of sanctuary cities who are harboring criminals could be arrested. Now listen to his answer here.
Speaker 12: So the President signing the executive order just this week, he threatening to defund sanctuary city student policies, why not just arrest leaders who are harboring and shielding legal aliens actually terrorists from deportation.
Speaker 11: Let's see what's.
Speaker 2: Going white and say what's coming? Is that what we're gonna say next? Because this seems to be the biggest battleground right now in the US, this deportation policy and the Democrats resisting it with everything they've got.
Speaker 1: I love that guy. Oh my god, he was built for this job.
Speaker 10: Rita.
Speaker 1: Okay, look, are we going to see arrest of democratic mayors? I don't know, although I would say turn about as fair play, since all the Democrats were on the way to arrest Donald Trump. So if we didn't go out to arrest them, I don't know if I would be crying into my cereal. Okay, but here's what's most likely, is President Trump. Look, he pushes another another incredible executive order, saying to these blue states, if you are sanctuary cities. If you are going against federal mandate right federal policy and immigration, we are going to withhold funding.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, he did this actually in his last term, and it was overturned by a federal District Court judge saying it was unconstitutional. Now, the legalities are actually very complex. I read that order, I read his problem with it. It's not actually clear. It will probably end up going to the Supreme Court and we'll get more clarity on it. But I don't know. I don't look. It's the domain of the federal government to enforce its will and its laws on immigration. That's the way the Constitution is written. And if you are fighting against that, if you're going against the will of the federal governor immigration, you are committing a felony. Just ask Hannah Dugan or Joe Cano to federal judges who actually try to harbor illegal alias, what happened to them? They got arrested and legal So I'm just saying, just be really careful when you're trying to go up against the federal government.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. But the Democrats have had free ran that have just been acting out with that fear of consequences. So it will come as a shock because the law a fare has gone one way. But if you actually do break laws, real laws that are on the books, you can't expect to be above the law. Now, one of the most underreported stories, I think throughout the Trump administration, this second term is the number of hostages, the number of prisoners this administration has brought back. Here's the forty seventh example. This is Tony Holden, who was working as a US defense contractor in twenty twenty two when he was arrested and imprisoned in Qwait's Central Prison on drug charges. Now, the details of this case are shocking. Army. This man was threatened, he was tortured, and a judge found that the case was a sham. This is in Qwait. A Kuwaiti judge said the officers presented fabricated conversation between themselves and Tony Holden in English, even though they didn't speak the language. Holden has expressed his gratitude after being freed his President.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you for well if you've done for me and my family.
Speaker 9: I just mentioned to Adam that I wanted.
Speaker 3: You to know everyone on your team, everyone that have supported this effort that you know that we greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Okay, I wanted you to.
Speaker 9: Be able to meditate on have you effected personally lives and the difference if you've made with a six year old grandfather and father.
Speaker 2: I mean, these cases are incredible and they should be feel good moments for the whole country, regardless of what side of politics you're on. How are they not getting media attention?
Speaker 1: Look, it is another example of the Trump presidential dividend. Right, things that we didn't expect that we're getting no forty cven hostages. That is a lot of people to be freed, Right, And it took Trump one hundred days what Biden couldn't do for four years. By these people, and the example talked about it was an absolutely egregious example of an American hostage innocently being held by a foreign government. Right, it was public details about how they railroaded this guy. Biden was able to do nothing. Look at Harkle's back. Harkens back to Mark Foebel, Right, the American who's who is released from from Russia after a year. It took years for Biden to list him as illegally detained when it was very clear that's what happened. He was a hostage in Russia. But he got He got Griner released with alacrity. Right, there was a problem here. Look, we had no le We had very little leverage with Russia. Who kwit. We have a tremendous amount of leverage. She could have gotten him freed years ago.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: We sell billions of dollars to Kuate every year in military equipment. We have a ton of leverage with these guys. Biden would not use it to get this guy free. I have to wonder why it is so weird. Look, it's another example or of Trump being president and the world saying we better get in the same page as president, otherwise we have a problem.
Speaker 2: And we'll be talking about those trade deals in the coming week's Army because it looks like they're going to be struck very shortly, and we'll see that political and economic realignment. Before you go, I want to bring you this clip from the BBC chairman Samir Shah. He was being interviewed and it was asked a rather simple question I would have thought, but watch how he squirms when he's asked about whether Hermas are terrorists.
Speaker 9: One last question just for you as an individual, Samir, do you consider her mass to be a terrorist group?
Speaker 3: I have to answer that in terms of the way we currently.
Speaker 6: What do you think they are?
Speaker 9: Do you think they're a convocation with happy little squirrels.
Speaker 10: I don't think that.
Speaker 3: But but I'm here as a chairman.
Speaker 9: Of the bbc'sist us an individual, I can tell you what I think when I'm smiha right now to the world.
Speaker 3: I am the chairman of the BBC, and we have taken the view as a board that would continue to use the word terrorists only with attribution.
Speaker 2: That's the position we take. Me just incredible, and uh, you say, the output of the BABYSA and it all kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm glad it's all coming to light in England, right and but it's really not getting much tractioned here in the United States, you know. I find it so funny with my Democratic friends say to me, Oh my god, we hate the American media. Oh they're so a feat. The American media doesn't tell the truth. You don't have to go to Europe for the real to the outlass of the BBC. Oh, shut up, Okay, the BBC is the most biased organization, maybe in the world kind rather than the Ala Ribia. Okay, that I would the BBC. The BBC has been riddled with problems for many, many years, but only now they come into light, thankfully.
Speaker 10: Look, there's a.
Speaker 1: Whole investigation about their open and a semitism of the BBC done by the British government. The Telegraph came out with a series of articles about BBC bias against Israel. I mean, horrific bias. We're supporting October seventh, supporting Hamas, talking about supporting the Holocaust.
Speaker 6: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: There was a journal a prominent journalist who appears on the BBC all the time, who talked about thanks for the Jews, the big burn, just like they were in the Holocaust. Okay, as a documentary made by the BBC, made broadcast by the BBC by somebody who's the son of a Camas minister.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Look, and this guy Samir who will not simply and so they finally said, okay, we're doing an investigation.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: And this guy here Shaw we just saw wouldn't call Hamas a terrorist organization is the one who's overseen the investigation. It's unbelievable to me. I'm glad it's coming to late, but yeah, it's I don't think it's getting no traction or coverage here in the US.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, Horowitz, thank you so much for your time tonight. Still to can't why King Charles is still refusing to speak to Prince Harry. Kinsey's Scotfield joins me next welcome back, joining me now celebrity and raw commentator Kinsey Schofield Kinsey Prince Harry has given a new interview to the BBC after losing his UK police protection case. The court ruling against his claim that the security entitlements were downgraded due to him being singled out for inferior treatment, upholding instead that it was reasonable given that he had abandoned his world duties and moved to the US. But here he bizarrely claims that he is still in tire and will always be titled.
Speaker 10: You're no longer a working royal, a change in your status?
Speaker 2: Do you not accept that from the court?
Speaker 10: Well, my status status hasn't changed. The cant change. I am who I am, I am part of what I'm part of, and I can never escape that my circumstances will always be the.
Speaker 2: Same Kinsey just doesn't get it, does he.
Speaker 13: I mean, it's unfortunate that it's taken Prince Harry forty years to learn the definition of the word consequences. But it was Princess Diana herself that referred to her youngest son as thick, and here it was on full display. Harry said himself in that interview that he has no regrets. He does not regret it at all. He continues to take no accountability for his own destructive actions. This was something that was presented to him at the Sandringham summit. If you step down, if you lead, you will not Can you imagine quitting any job and assuming you were going to still get the perks of that job. But I will say that there have been whispers that Harry has been desperately trying to connect with his father and brother through old friends and retired courtiers. Neither have taken the bait. But classic Harry, just like you heard there, refusing to follow protocol mat Cansey.
Speaker 2: The fallout from this case is extended to Harry's relationship with his father, King Charles. Here he speaks about wanting a reconciliation.
Speaker 10: I would love reconciliation with my family. I've always know there's no point in continuing to fight anymore. And is that life is precious. I don't know how much longer my father has. You know, he he won't speak to me because of this security stuff.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Is he refusing to talk to his son because of security stuff?
Speaker 13: No? No, Keep in mind, this is not the first time Harry has claimed to the media that his father cut him off. Megan claims Harry lost his father during their original Netflix series, and Harry told Oprah Winfrey back in twenty twenty one that the King wasn't taking his calls for it, later to be revealed that Harry was allegedly calling too harass the then Prince Charles about money, with Charles reportedly telling Queen Elizabeth, I'm not a ATM. Do you remember those reports? So this is not the first time Rysarias said daddy won't take my calls. And you know what, nobody can trust him, because when Prince William and the King spoke to him after Prince Philip's funeral and said, hey, pump the brakes, there's a way for us to work this out. That's in like the first chapter of his book. So how can anybody trust this guy.
Speaker 2: That's precisely right, and that's why it souls close to the King. This tole the the Daly Mail that Harry's BBC interview has made things worse, and the quote there is it's not the King. It's not that the King won't speak to him, it's that he can't. How can you have a private and delicate conversation when you know it's going to end up on a new special within hours? And Kinsey, that's the point we've been making the King Charles, if Prince William Kate, anyone talks to him or Meghan, it's just more content for the next book or Netflix series. Now, Kinsey, moving along, let's talk about the podcasters that are most trusted. New poll has revealed that more Americans trust podcasters like Megan Kelly and Joe Rogan then don't trust them. This has caused all sorts of angst for left wing publications like the UK Independent. They're aghast they've labeled Rogan a conspiracy pedaling podcaster. They don't seem to understand Kinsey that not only do these characters like Meghan Kelly and Joe Rogan have enormous audiences, there is a trust there. They're not seen as conspiracy peddlers, and frankly, some of the so called conspiracy that Joe Rogan was maligned with were all pretty accurate. During the COVID era, he was telling us things that many in the mainstream media weren't or other than programs like this, Yeah, we have to give you a round of applause as well.
Speaker 13: I think that people really do love Megan Kelly and Joe Rogan's carefree approach. They they're pretty open about not being experts on everything, and that's why they're open to dialogue with people that are. And the mainstream media we see today it feels like they're talking down to us. Not only does it feel a lot of times like they're lying to us, but it feels like they're talking down to us. And I do think that that's a strength when it comes to Megan and Joe, A sincere curiosity and this care free nature of let's learn together.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, And you know what, they cover the topics that so many in the media ignored, and they're important topics. So it's not just sometimes I getting fake news, but it's the selection process that you could question. Now, let's hear from actor and neo Marxist loon Sean Penn, who went on quite an insane anti Trump die tribe on Jim Acosta's show. This is something.
Speaker 11: Donald Trump is not, unlike the spouse of someone who leaves him, perhaps for another, who then murders their former partner because if they can't have her, nobody can. And I think Donald Trump and his soleb sysm may have that relationship with the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, as far as analogies go, that one is pretty crazy. Tell me more about Sean Penn's appearance on this particular program.
Speaker 13: Well, it's just a Jim a Casta and Sean Penn talk about a tea party or an elevator. I want out of I want out of that elevator and I want on that crazy train Sean Penn. Where when is the last time Seanpen has done anything riveting or compelling that makes him an authority on any of this stuff? It's crazy. And I won't get into the rumors about Seanpen and Madonna's relationship that we're all over the tabloids. But I don't think my president has been accused of anything even remotely similar to what he.
Speaker 2: Was accused of back in the day.
Speaker 13: So pump the breaks, buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, And this is a dude who went down to Venezuela and was buddying up to the dictator down there. I mean, this guy is beyond belief. Before you go, we've only got twenty seconds. But Alec Boorwin's infamous film Russ It's finally been released. Terrible opening weekend, twenty five thousand dollars. Take that's nothing. This costs about seven million dollars to make.
Speaker 13: Insie, Well, that's not even going to buy Hilaria Baldwin a new yoga bra and yoga matt. So I'm sure that Hilaria is livid, but yeah, what what he expects. This was the horrible experience on this set them continuing to do the movie. The director, who was also shot, said he wishes they hadn't continued with it.
Speaker 2: And I think that this is a great example should have abandoned the whole thing. They should have abandoned it. KINSI Schofield, thanks for your time, and that's all the time we have tonight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow night with Douglas Murray. Mis Night is up next.