Speaker 1: Late General, Welcome late to pay.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. Did you know that rocks can have agenda? In fact, rocks can even be transgendered. That's what one Australian museum is telling people. We'll talk about that a little later. Plus when we get to the paper as a convicted murderer let out of maximum security so that she can undergo IVF treatment, and an incredible story on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian talking about the lengths to which the Environmental Defender's Office went to block a new gas project. Honestly, you've got to read this story to believe it, and we'll share it with you a little later.
Speaker 2: But at the beginning of the show, I thought it might be.
Speaker 3: Appropriate for us to just take a moment to send our thoughts and prayers to US government workers in the State Department. They're having a really tough time dealing with life since November six, Donald Trump winning the election has really upset people in the State Department, so much so that the State Department is providing therapy sessions to help US government workers deal with democracy Republican candidate Darryl Isier wrote to Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln after hearing about these therapy sessions, saying, I'm concerned that the department is catering to federal employees who are personally devastated by the normal functioning of American democracy through the provision of government funded mental health counseling, or because Kamala Harris wasn't elected president of the United States. Now, there was an email that went around to government workers encouraging them to take part in these cry sessions, advising that they would help them to navigate these challenging times. I have questions Calivin is fought specifically. Firstly, this has to ask questions about these government workers' ability and or willingness to work for the Trump administration. I mean, they're undergoing mental health sessions right now to cope with Trump winning the election in a couple of weeks, Trump will be their boss. But second, it raises questions about their fitness to work.
Speaker 2: For the government at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's beggar's belief that you would employ people in the government service who are so fragile.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you employ such people in your business?
Speaker 3: Or else would they get a job by why they're for the govern Well, they don't have the ABC in the United States, so although MSNBC would probably pick up some of these people.
Speaker 2: Third, what does it say about the.
Speaker 3: Culture of the bureaucracy in the United States that this sort of behavior is not only tolerated, but it's actually encouraged. I know Donald Trump was criticized for talking about having to drain the swamp. Well, this sounds like kind of swampish behavior. And finally, what an insult to taxpayers that they have to fund these infantile sessions for people trying to cope and get over the results of a fair and free election.
Speaker 1: Look, I think you're being a little hard, James Trump.
Speaker 4: Derangement syndrome is a real diagnosable mental illness.
Speaker 1: Of course they need treatment for it.
Speaker 4: I forget the name of the little book that psychologists and psychiatrists use.
Speaker 1: But it ought to be in there because it is legit.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's got to be legit if they need this sort of help, surely. I mean, it just makes a mockery of things said. Imagine being that fragile that upset that someone won a democratic election, that you actually need a therapy session, and not just well, I'm going to trundle down to a therapist.
Speaker 1: Myself to get some help.
Speaker 4: Clearly someone in the department has taken notice there and so many people is moping around the office now that we'd better do something about.
Speaker 1: It to try and lift morale.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely incredible, and it is exactly these people who need Trump to be president just so we can show what a bunch of lunatics they are. Seriously, this is what Trump's going to do. He's going to rat all of these people out. They won't be able to work there anymore. Because imagine them. If this is what they're like now, like you said before, Jane, imagine what they're going to be like when Trump is actually president. They're all hand in their resignations. He won't have to send in Vivik Ramaswami and Elon Muster clean the joined up. They'll just walk out on mass Fantastic he's hoping.
Speaker 5: But these guys are meant to be non partisan government officials. I mean, this is what bureaucracy is supposed to be anyway. But I got to tell you, I love the difference between Australians and Americans on this score, because we just do not get that head up about our elections. Our struggle is getting people half interested in our politics. People go here to the polling booths because they don't want to get a fine for not voting, because it's mandatory. Over there, it's very tribal. Everyone's at each other's throats. Even the most low info regime bots are very passionately barracking for their team. Ozsies might drop a few expletives if they're preferred. Prime Minister doesn't get in. Other than that, nobody's going to therapy. Nobody cares enough. No one's shedding tears, no one's making complete fools out of themselves. We're just not that emotionally invested in Australian politics. And I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Imagine a therapy session because Albanezi became Prime minister. You know, I need some help, I need some help. Please here, but elbows in charge. I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there who take the money to give you the session, But you'd be laughed out of the place, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: I remember years ago, I was at a seven eleven and I'm you know, you know where they've got the fridges and you're looking for a drink or whatever. And there was this lady standing and she was talking and she had an American accent. So I commented. And it was when Clinton was running against Trump, and I said, so who you supporting? And she said obviously Clinton, and she said you want to win?
Speaker 2: I said, I actually kind of like Trump.
Speaker 3: And she literally turned away and made a noise and stormed off. Was my first inkling to man, they really take this seriously. I'm just hoping for a sausage when I go.
Speaker 5: To vote, you know what I mean. We've been like playing all these clips of people sabotaging each other's pictures of their preferred candidate out the front of their houses. There's been people who then put shocks shockers on their signs so that when someone drove along to get rid of their signs, their tires were flattened or they got an electric shock because they were trying to rip up these I mean, none of that happens in Australia. No one cares. I know, half the people are like, oh wait a minute, is there an election on them? Because I just saw a crowd outside of a school on a Saturday, So better pull over, better vote.
Speaker 2: Our current government. Maybe we should care a little.
Speaker 5: Bit more to I'm not I'm not saying. I'm just saying, in terms of the kind of meltdown and the kind of social lack of cohesion around every single American election, we simply don't have that.
Speaker 4: There's not that tribalism in it, which in many ways is a good thing because it's a lot of trouble and we wouldn't go around trying to shoot our would be presidents either, Isn't it fantastic?
Speaker 1: But it's no wonder, you know. Of course, they were told that Trump would be literally Hitler, so of course they need therapy sessions.
Speaker 4: I mean, imagine being told that Hitler was going to run the country. Let's come back to Australia now, where, of course one of the great warriors, warriors, Well, she might be a bit worried.
Speaker 1: Actually, warrior was the word I.
Speaker 4: Was going for against nonsense that is being perpetrated upon children. Of course, ginder transitioning is Pauline Hansen.
Speaker 1: She has been on.
Speaker 4: This for quite some time, and for the fifth time she has tried to ask the Senate for an inquiry into the use of puberty blockers on children, and for the fifth time it has fallen over. Why is it that our senators just seemed to be that they have no inkling, no interest in investigating anything whatsoever. We can't have an inquiry into puberty blockers, we can't have one into babies born alive, we can't have one into COVID.
Speaker 1: Oh imagine us doing our jobs.
Speaker 4: And actually looking into the things that are going on in this country. No, they have no curiosity whatsoever. They just go along with the ideology. But of course the ideology as we know when it comes to gender transitioning children in Australia is now well behind the rest of the world. Paulin Hanson pointed this out in her post on x after her fifth attempt failed.
Speaker 1: She said, why won't they listen?
Speaker 4: For the fifth time I have stood in the Senate and called for an inquiry into the experimental use of puberty blockers on vulnerable children. Every single time I have asked for an inquiry, it's been because new evidence has come to like showing the risks and harm these treatments posed to kids. This time, even New Zealand has joined the growing list of countries including the UK, Finland and Sweden.
Speaker 1: Raising the alarm.
Speaker 4: While other nations are waking up, the Albanezy Labor government and the Greens remain asleep at the wheel, refusing to act.
Speaker 1: And that is correct.
Speaker 4: New Zealand is now reviewing its policies around this stuff and is inviting public submissions. Back in March, the NHS, the public Health service in the UK, stopped the use of puberty blockers on children. Denmark did the same thing in September last year. It is changing across the world. The Tavistock Clinic, the biggest gender transition clinic in the UK, has been shut down. This is happening all across the Western world, and yet here in Australia we still continue to use puberty blockers on children and continue on as though there is nothing wrong. How is it that the rest of the world is starting to say and without any issue. I mean, even the New York Times, for heaven's sake, is publishing pieces now about people who regret.
Speaker 1: Transitioning their gender when they were children.
Speaker 4: I mean these are stories that two three years ago a paper like The New York Times would never have touched. Now it is a mainstream issue. But here in Australia. It still seems like it's off with the fairies zone.
Speaker 2: I forget that.
Speaker 3: The topic that's dominating discussion in the Senate right now is the welfare of children.
Speaker 2: Our senators have been looking at this bill to.
Speaker 3: Ban sixteen year olds and younger from looking at social media because we're really concerned about what social media is doing to the mental health of our young people. So you would have thought this is a pretty good time for Pauline Hansen to raise the issue of you know, should our young people be put on puberty blockers and medicalized because of gender ideology? Maybe we should look into that since we're so concerned about the welfare of children, and yet on this issue our senators are entirely incurious, and as you said, Caleb, our senators must be the least curious people on the planet. But sadly it's not a lack of curiosity born of just pure ignorance. It's deliberate in curiosity because they don't want a discussion on the welfare of children and what gender ideology means, because that might lead to a discussion on what is a woman and then the woke mod will be after them if they say what they actually believe, and so they just rather not go there, and they sacrifice our kids so they can hold firm to their ideology and their position.
Speaker 2: Same is true with babies born alive.
Speaker 3: We don't want to talk about babies born alive because that would entail.
Speaker 2: A discussion of late term abortion, and.
Speaker 3: That might start to get people asking awkward questions about the ethics of abortion. So we'd rather just pretend that these babies born alive aren't really humans because their existence threatens our ideology. Therefore, we will just turn our back on them. It's shameful. It is that they are so incurious about the issues that really matter.
Speaker 5: But like you say, they're not incurious. They know enough.
Speaker 2: It's delivered.
Speaker 5: These things are brought to the Senate, they are told case in point by the person presenting it. In the case of babies born alive post abortion, that was Senator Babett. In this case, this is Pauly J. Hanson's fifth attempt to say we are behind the rest of the world now. And as she just said in that quote that kayleb bred out, every time I bring this again, it's because I have even more proof we are failing our kids. If you really want to protect them. Let's take another step back, by the way, and just ask ourselves why the amount of kids presenting with gender dysphoria. He's over. It's absolutely exploded. It is now two hundred percent what it once was, and even bigger numbers than that are being recorded. This wasn't always the case. How about we ask ourselves where that came from. And let's not forget these guys are ignoring the experts. When the CAST review came out in the UK, there was an emergency stoppage of the use of puberty blockers and cross sex hormones in the UK basically from that day was less than a month after that the mandate was handed down and they stopped it all together. But here in Australia, child psychiatrists and child pediatricians, child pediatricians that would be an impressive child indeed have been. They've been stood down. They've paid the ultimate price. What you're looking at right now is Gillian Spencer who in June of last year, she's a senior child psychiatrist, she was stood down for raising the alarm of this gender affirming care that means giving drugs to kids that have very real issues around bone density, about chemically carstrating them. That's what some people call it, because it messes with their fertility for the rest of their life. Who knew you can't just press pause on puberty. It simply doesn't work like that. Another legend. Also in June of last year, pediatricians Dylan Wilson shout out for him. He called for an immediate moratorium on the use of puberty blockers. He said, quote, there is no evidence of benefit end quote in terms of prescribing this to children who are struggling with gender dysphoria, and that, in a nutshell was the CAST review's findings. They said, if there's any evidence that these drugs help these kids, it is with quote very low certainty end quote that anyone would even say that. So if anyone wants to make the argument of oh, no, well, it's very heartless to suggest that we wouldn't treat gender dysphoria in this way. No, it is heartless to suggest that we must and that we should just blindly keep doing so despite all the evidence. How many more experts do you have to have screaming about this before? And we're not talking about anything drastic, it's just an inquiry, what do you worry that we'll find?
Speaker 4: Which is incredible because there is the story out of the US father he's in Texas, his wife's moved to California with their son, twelve year old son, and he's been talking about this for a few years now in the media. Where his wife left took the son with her. The son says that he is now a girl was born James now goes by the name of Luna, and the father, Jeff Younger, says that his wife was essentially trying to transition their child from a very young age. I mean, he's saying that she was trying to transition him from the age of two and wanted to get him into a gender clinic.
Speaker 1: At the age of five.
Speaker 4: But this case has now run through a court in California where she went to in Los Angeles, and it said that the mother will now have full custody of their son, which essentially gives her the right to then go off and transition her son. And you can imagine what the father, Jeff Younger thinks of all this. He says, I lost all parental rights to my son. Goodbye, boys, Perhaps we will meet you when you are adults. California judge, you ha gave my ex wife authority to car straight my son James. All contact with my boys must be supervised. I won't do that. I send letters and gifts to my sons, my ex is not required to give them to the boys. I cannot post pictures of my sons.
Speaker 1: I mean, what an.
Speaker 4: Absurd situation where a judge is now making a decision about what is medically good for a child when there is clear disagreement between two parents. But again, you know, it's a case where someone else gets to step in and say, well, I'm telling you how your child ought to be parented. This is something for the parents to deal with. They can go and seek arbitration or whatever. But of course, if a court decides that they're on one person side over the other because they have a particular ideological bent, which is often what happens in these.
Speaker 1: Sorts of cases.
Speaker 4: There goes a child having irrevocable changes made to their body via medication.
Speaker 3: And that does seem to be the issue in this instance where it seems like the mother does have an ideological bent because from the age of two she maintained that James was actually a girl. Because James had expressed an interest in girls' clothes, and she had started down the road of transitioning. And this is a clue as to why things are so polarized in the US, because in Texas she wasn't allowed to go and get this child transitioned.
Speaker 2: So she just moved to California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where now she's protected as she goes to transition the child against the father's wishes.
Speaker 2: But just quickly back to the Australian Senate.
Speaker 3: We've got a situation this week where our senators are saying little Sally can't go on Instagram because it's far too dangerous for Sally to go on Instagram.
Speaker 2: But it's fine for Sally to.
Speaker 3: Have puberty blockers which will stop her developing breasts.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely okay.
Speaker 5: She can never bear children, and.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to take these people as serious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, welcome to Australia, where if you're under sixteen you can change your gender, change your sex. We're more than happy for you to believe that if you're a boy, you can be a girl and vice versa. But no Facebook for you, little man, little woman. I mean, how bizarre this is? Clown world, Ladies and gentlemen. But let's go to Scotland now, where even more clown world. The question of what is a woman has made its way all the way to the Supreme Court in London. Get this headline. The SMP led government, that's the Scottish National Party are insisting that a trans woman is a woman for the purposes of the UK Equalities Act. Now, this first kicked off when a feminist group by the name of Four Women's Scotland said, look, you've got this act. It's called the Gender Representation of Public Boards Act, which was designed to make boards fifty to fifty in terms of male female representation. But in that act their SNP government defined a woman as quote anyone living as a woman end quote. Well FWS wasn't taking this sitting down, and they successfully, they met with success in the courts when they took the government to court, saying well, hang on a minute, this flies in the face of Westminster laws that define a woman a bit differently. So what are you going to do about that? So on and so forth. Now we find ourselves in the Supreme Court, Well we will tomorrow. So you'll have the Scottish government arguing that anyone who says they're a woman is a woman. Anyone with a gender recognition certificate, because we all know a piece of paper can change chromosomes. Ladies and gentlemen. This is the twenty first century. What a wonder. They will argue that anyone they say is a woman is a woman, and fws are there to bring the case saying no, they aren't. The representative from the Feminist Group, Susan Smith, told The Daily Mail, if we win, then we get a very clear cut idea who is protected and when. If we lose, it would make it almost impossible to keep a lot of spaces and services female only or indeed male only, and Westminster will have a real mess to untangle. Susan Smith makes the very apt point that you can't get a certificate to say that you have a disability you don't. Heck, we'd all have acron stickers. Who doesn't want those roomy parts. You can't get a certificate to say you're a different age than you are. Sure a lot of ladies would make use of that, wouldn't we if we could? But why then? And this is what the Feminist group is saying. You guys sitting in your ivory tower making laws for the rest of us now have to answer the question why is sex protected in the first place? Like these other categories, we have different advantage, not advantages, but different laws pertaining to pensioners because they need different kinds of help and assistance. Those with disability they get different kind of help, assistants, etc.
Speaker 1: So on.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see the outcome of this.
Speaker 3: The feminist group are absolutely correct, and I said this last night, that you've got to answer this fundamental question. Is a woman defined biologically or is it defined by the bureaucracy. Once you answer that question, everything flows from there. But of course what a woman is cannot be defined by the bureaucracy because it will be the opposite of biology, and you can't have in law unreality that everybody knows is simply not true. So it'll be interesting to see whether the court have the curry to rule on this as we know they ought, or whether they'll find some sort of you know, reason to duck and weave and leave room for a bureaucratic definition to remain in law so that they don't upset a very small segment of the population.
Speaker 4: But this is the crazy thing, right, is that it is now actually up to a court to decide what a woman is. I mean when you were at school, James. Heck, even when I was at school, which was a little after you were at school. If I had been asked, you know, year five, yor four or whatever.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Right down, little Caleb, what is going to happen in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: If I had written down to go into the little lock box, a court will rule on what a woman is?
Speaker 4: The teacher would have, mate, you are absolutely bonkers.
Speaker 1: What the hell are you on about? And yet that's now reality.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty four, that courts are being asked to ask to answer such simple questions as what is a woman?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Politicians, as we know, have struggled to answer the question, so no doubt the court will struggle to do so as well, because everyone gets so caught up in the ideology. I mean, it shouldn't have to be a question of the law or a court what a woman is. It's just self evident to anyone who has a few brain cells to rab together. You can argue that, oh, you know this is a woman. We all know what the biology is. Just go and talk to a biologist. I mean sack all the judges. Let's just put biologists in charge.
Speaker 5: You will you imagine these five justices? I mean to be a Supreme Court justice UK or anywhere. These guys are literal. As a former law a student, you live in awe of them. They are walking, talking encyclopedias of law. They are incredible. Can you imagine them? Oh my gosh, just going Are you kidding me? This is what I studied for years and years. I fought cases, I built my reputation.
Speaker 2: I have now.
Speaker 5: Reached the peak of my career and you're getting the five of us to sit down and decide whether someone with a piece of paper who says they're a woman but biologically is not, is a woman or.
Speaker 3: Not the man Scottish government are actually going to argue that women can die of testicular cancer, men can be pregnant, two men can be lesbians. You've got to give credit here to someone who doesn't get enough credit, and that is Moses, who thousands of years ago, in the Book of Genesis wrote God created the male and female, which I always thought was kind of a redundant thing.
Speaker 2: To say that he was ahead of the game.
Speaker 3: He knew what was coming and made a very profound shavement.
Speaker 4: Can I be a lesbian is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Least in the Scottish government, you would well be within your rights to be a lesbian.
Speaker 1: Cour Surely that's worth a ten percent pay rise. I mean, there's going to be something. There's going to be something I can get for claiming I'm a lesbian.
Speaker 3: Let's come back to Australia, where welcome to country, of course is ubiquitous. Everywhere you go there's a welcome to country. If I was ever called upon to give a welcome to country, I reckon I would keep it short, and because you would be aware, a lot of people don't like it.
Speaker 2: A lot of people say.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't be done at all, So i'd call I'd keep it brief, I'd keep it concise. I certainly wouldn't preach your lecture. I certainly wouldn't say stupid things, and I'd try really hard not to be divisive. I reckon most people would understand. Just do that, and you'll be allowed to keep doing it. Unfortunately, those who do welcome to country keep taking liberties, such as the lady who gave her welcome to country on Sunday at Sydney's Hyde Park as they celebrated the ninetieth anniversary of the Anzac Memorial. She gave a welcome to country that wore out.
Speaker 2: It's welcome.
Speaker 3: She went for nine minutes. She talked repeatedly about how this is my country. She talked about how she was not going anywhere, and she told those present to listen to the breeze because the breeze will.
Speaker 2: Speak to you.
Speaker 3: Sidney Radio's Ben Fordham broke down the nine minute speech and will listen.
Speaker 6: In the first minute, everyone was welcomed. In the second minute, we had thank you for the Land Council.
Speaker 4: I would just like to let you know I always acknowledge the Metropolitan Local Aboriginal Land Council.
Speaker 6: Three minutes in acknowledgments of traditional owners. Four minutes in family.
Speaker 1: Stories, This is gad equal country.
Speaker 6: Five minutes in we heard about bloodlines.
Speaker 1: My bloodline is here to stay.
Speaker 6: Six minutes in there was a reminder.
Speaker 5: Always was and always will be Haveboriginal land.
Speaker 6: Seven minutes in we heard about taking responsibility. Eight minutes in we were told about the importance of listening.
Speaker 5: You listen to the breeze because the breeze talks.
Speaker 6: To you, and after nine long minutes it wrapped up with another welcome.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine going along to an event. I'm sure there's going to be a Welcome to Country, so you think it's going to be you know, ninety seconds, maybe two minutes, and it's still going after eight and a half minutes. One of the problems with Welcome to Country is you get events, whether it's an AFL final or a ceremony like they had at Hyde Park, and you get people given a platform who, under any other circumstances would never be given a platform, they would never be given a microphone. But they not only receive a platform, they receive respect and they cannot be criticized by virtue of nothing.
Speaker 2: More than their race.
Speaker 3: And then they're able to command the attention of everybody for as long as they like, and you can't criticize them. And instead of taking this as I suppose, an honor or a privilege, it seems like some people, not all, but some take it as an entitlement. Remember the AFL semi final between GWS and the Brisbane Lines.
Speaker 2: I was at that game and.
Speaker 3: A guy got up and he told the crowd that Welcome the Country was never designed for white people, and he talked about how indigenous folk had been in this country for two hundred and fifty thousand years.
Speaker 2: BC before Cook. And he went on and on and on, and he got a lot of criticism. Next day. His response to the criticism, he.
Speaker 3: Said, and he told the media my only regret, I wish I'd gone longer.
Speaker 4: Well, of course you would, you know, honestly, have they not realized that we voted no to the Voice sixty forty.
Speaker 1: Last year, like we rejected this stuff. We don't want this stuff anymore.
Speaker 4: I just wish Marshall Langton was right when she said that, you know, if the Voice gets voted down, there'll never be another Welcome to Country.
Speaker 1: I was hanging on for that one, though. You said, if you ever asked to.
Speaker 4: Give a welcome to country, this is the version you would give. The best one I've ever heard was oh jeseus. Going back nearly ten years ago now, I think it was Amanda Blair, who our Adelaide viewers will know, was m seeing the Advertiser Food Awards, which was on the top floor of the Advertiser building in Adelaide, and she opened proceedings by saying I would like to acknowledge the traditional land of the owners on which we meet tonight, the Murdoch family, and of course the place erupted laughter as you want.
Speaker 1: It's a good joke. But of course one of.
Speaker 4: The award recipient's, Jockson Pillow, who is no longer on this earth.
Speaker 1: Complained about it.
Speaker 4: He sent one of his lackeys down to accept the award and then posted on Twitter complaining and saying, oh.
Speaker 1: How dare they do that? That's so racist? I mean, honest, you know.
Speaker 3: Over when towns Will had their first of a V eight supercar race, I was asked by Channel seven to stand on the front row of the grid and pray before the race. And I'm a fully aware of most of the people. They're all drunk by the time the race about stuff. They don't want to hear some Christian get up and pray. So I time my prayer twenty five seconds.
Speaker 2: That's all I pray.
Speaker 3: I'm going to pray along in that no one want to hear a prayer long in that. It also made a difference because I was told that at thirty seconds the cars will start their engines and no one will hear a word you say. After that, but I was very aware it was a privilege to be invited to speak at the beginning of that event, which had really nothing to do with the prayer, in the same way that most events have nothing to do with a welcome to country.
Speaker 2: If you're asked to do it, then I think respect the fact that somebody else.
Speaker 5: Was she not told, perhaps even not her faults or we all know the extortion money that they're paid for these welcome to countries. So maybe she was my cay for this ten k. Let's assume for this ten k, I'll give them a good ten minutes. Maybe she thought she was being generous, But what was gross to me about this was just the fact that any other if this was the opening of an envelope or some new building in the CB to go, I couldn't give a rat. But this was about the ANZAC Memorial, the ninetieth anniversary in Hyde Park. How dare you make it about anything else but that? That is what absolutely makes me live. The last ANZAC service I went to, every single speaker did acknowledgment of country before they gave their address, and I was like, for crying out loud, can we just have one at the beginning you've touched the box. No, every single one of them felt it. The moment called for it. It's perpetuating though, right ceremonies where you're not keeping the main thing. The main thing is I was about to run up on stage, grab that much and bluff.
Speaker 3: First nine speakers and you're speaking number four and the first one does it, the second one does it, the third one.
Speaker 2: You can't not do it, otherwise you're resue.
Speaker 1: You should. You should. A made of mine did that.
Speaker 4: He's on a big investment board and he was asked to give one at the AGM and he said, no, I'm not doing it, And good on. More of us need to do stuff like that to some good years now and ev manufacturer in Europe has fallen over. Now they don't actually manufacture the cars. They manufacture the batteries that go into the cars.
Speaker 1: Remember the good old days of top Gear.
Speaker 4: I'm talking the real top gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond James, if they were still going in their original form. This is how top Gear would have responded to that news.
Speaker 3: Oh bad news, What the Dacia Sandero it's delayed?
Speaker 1: Oh no, anyway, last week anyway.
Speaker 4: Indeed, this Swedish manufacturer, north Vault, has filed for bankruptcy in the US. They say they've only got a week's worth of money left and so they are in rather a bit of trouble. Now, this company was thought to be the great Dwhite hope for EV manufacturing in Europe. It would allow them to take on China, because of course China's been going one hundred miles an hour in terms of evs. But no, it turns out because people actually don't want to buy these things, especially at the prices they're trying to sell them for.
Speaker 1: They just can't make enough money to make the batteries.
Speaker 4: Reutter's reported that north Vault transformed in a matter of months from Europe's best shot at a homegrown electric vehicle battery champion to a company struggling to stay afloat by slimming down, hobbled by production problems, the loss of a major customer and a lack of funding.
Speaker 1: Is it not just more proof.
Speaker 4: That the EV dream we've been sold is a load of bunkum and caleb.
Speaker 3: They were so close to making it in business. I mean they have thirty million dollars cash in the bank, which is enough to pay their six thousand, six hundred staff for a week. They've only got five point eight billion dollars in debt, so they were absolutely holding out of trouble. Eighty five percent of EV batteries come from China, and with the collapse of this country, China absolutely have a huge share of the market. So our reliance on China continues. And that's the problem here. And it's not just EV batteries, it's pretty much everything. If China pulled the pin, we don't function.
Speaker 5: One China is loving it. Another one down more for us to South Australia now where only counsel has decided. Look, the cost of living crisis is not hitting our residents hard enough. How can we make life more unlivable? I know, let's charge people more for parking.
Speaker 1: Get this.
Speaker 5: They have approved a one hundred and fifty five dollar permit price hike for residents with no off street parking. Can you believe this? Other changes proposed include scrapping hourly and daily business parking permits in favor of an annual business parking permit at a cost of one thousand and forty dollars per year, and increases to time limit exemption permits. When are people going to just go This is pure revenue raising. We already pay our rates. This is utterly ridiculous. I would have thought if you're going to see something like this happen, it would be more like in Sydney, we're parking anywhere is a blood sport and guess who's good at it. But South Australia, this is obviously just a revenue raising, money grab to make life more unlivable.
Speaker 3: To park outside your own home. That from forty five dollars to two hundred, it's a three hundred and forty four percent rise, And the way they've justified it, I loved this, Caleb. They said, well, we did a benchmarking exercise, which means they went to other councils and had look at what they're charging and then use that to justify a three hundred and forty four percent rise in the middle of a cost of living crisis, which allows them to take zero responsibility. So you get every council in South Australia all pointing at each other, which means it's no one's fault. Residents have no argument. But this is the same council that put forty kilometer in our speed limits throughout the region, that charges you higher rates if you don't have enough trees on your property. It's the same council that stopped celebrating Australia Day, only then think oh, maybe we should survey residents, after which they decided to reinstate Australia Day celebrations. This is a council that don't seem to be able to get anything right, but to be charged two hundred bucks to park outside your own home.
Speaker 2: Council don't own the streets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this permit type is specifically for people who do not have any parking on their premises. So it's actually cheaper to get a parking permit if you have a driveway in which to park than if you don't actually have a parking space in your house. It is just insane, and quickly before we go, while we're talking about nonsense decisions from councils, the Sunshine Coast Council have to get the nay for the day along with anley up in Queensland.
Speaker 1: This mob.
Speaker 4: Of course, they've canceled their midnight fireworks on New Year's Eve. It saves them a pidly fifty three thousand dollars right. I mean, this is a council with a budget of about six hundred odd million dollars and they can't spend fifty three thousand dollars on their New Year's Eve fireworks because they say it is neither a prude nor financially responsible use of rate payers funds. So you get the nine pm ones for them.
Speaker 1: Oh, ain't even better, But they can't have the midnight fight.
Speaker 4: It's not you easy fireworks if you don't have the fireworks at midnight when it actually becomes.
Speaker 5: The New Year.
Speaker 4: I mean, imagine being such an enemy of joy that you save fifty three k on the fireworks.
Speaker 5: And in a party town like the Gold Coast without Sunshine not sorry, well both of them. This is where people actually go to spend their Christmas holidays to see the New year in. Sorry guys, it's in keeping with.
Speaker 2: The Sunshine Coast.
Speaker 3: If you can try and get a meal on the Sunshine Coast beach strip after nine o'clock, you can't find a kitchen that's open. So I'm not surprised about the fireworks on New Years ZF. We're going to go to a break when we come back. Well, look at what's making news tomorrow, including a convicted murderer let out of maximum security so she can undergo IVF treatment that's coming up in this moment.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got all tomorrow's front pages and there are some crap stories tomorrow. Caleb, you've got The Herald's Son. It's a really interesting front page.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, take a look at this one. And before I read you this story, you have a look at the bird that we're talking about here. She's the sort of one you'd want to take home to your mother, isn't she?
Speaker 1: Murderer let out for I the.
Speaker 4: F A convicted murderer who stabbed a mother to death over fifty dollars, has been given the green light to be released from a Victorian maximum security prison to undergo IVF treatment. I can't believe I'm reading this. Alicia Schiller has been approved by authorities to receive the self funded fertility treatment while an inmate at Dame Phyllis Frost Center in Melbourne's West. A great exclusive from Brook, Rubert Craig and Mark Butler. There to my old colleagues at The Herald's Son.
Speaker 1: As you can imagine, the father of the woman who.
Speaker 4: Was killed ain't happy about this. He says, I don't think it's the right thing.
Speaker 1: To give her a child.
Speaker 4: It's not fair, which I would say is the understatement of the scene. I mean, I thought there was the idea of being sent to prison is that you lose some of your rights because you're repaying your debts to society and we're punishing you for the things that you have done, and so that involves you not having the same rights as someone who is walking freely around Australia or Victoria in this case apparently not. You decide, as someone who's killed a mother that you want to become a mother now worries, you can go to the hospital get IVF serious.
Speaker 3: The president for this decision comes from twenty ten where a woman named Kimberly Castles, who was serving in a minimum security prison in Victoria for fraud. She wanted the same thing, wanted IVF treatment and it went to the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court of Victoria ruled IVF is a legitimate medical treatment for a legitimate medical condition, the same as any other condition, and therefore, on that basis she was allowed to go from minimum security back and forwards to have IVF treatment. So that's the precedent that has allowed this one.
Speaker 5: It's seen as it's totally different cases. This is the woman who has stabbed another woman to death.
Speaker 3: But they're saying, if she had cancer, she'd be allowed to go and get chemo.
Speaker 5: Oh every cancer pation.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's what the Supreme claimers IVF. I'm just saying, that's what the Supreme Court decided back in twelve.
Speaker 5: Eyes to nonsense. This is the kind of person you want to withdraw from the gene, Paul, we do not want you to procreate. For crying out loud, I mean, this is this This boggles my mind because if she had been a mother, say she had a newborn at the time she committed this crime and was sentenced to jail. I don't know how long her sentence is, but it better be bloody long. I know this is Victoria we're speaking about. Talk about her only in Victoria's story. But so let's say that she had a child, got sent to prison for crime. What you're going to be in there for Let's say at least ten years. I'm just making that up off the top of my head. By the way, for at least ten years. So why would be co implicate matters when you would have been locked up away from that child anyway, and you will be again depending on how long your sentence is. You're going to be pregnant for nine months. If the IVF succeeds, then you're going to have a baby in prison. And then what the baby stays in prison with you?
Speaker 4: I don't think so well, it's probably what you'll appoint the poor the poor kid in this That's who I really feel for, is that is the potential kid in this situation, having to be brought to the world in that circumstance. The whole thing is just disgustingly insane. Another story on the front of the Herald Sun tomorrow. Dad question will not count. Of course, we were telling you last week about at least touchy exams in Victoria where the answers to questions have been leaked. A compromise question in the VCE Economics exam is not expected to be counted, triggering the prospect that answers in many more exams could also not be marked. The three six hundred students who sat the twenty twenty four economics exam we left confused by the first multiple choice question.
Speaker 1: Now, I think this is exactly what I.
Speaker 4: Said last week is probably what they would do, which is to just strike out the question and say, okay, well that one doesn't count.
Speaker 1: But as I pointed out at the time, that.
Speaker 4: Also you could say that's the fairest option, but it also disadvantage as a student who had not previously read these leaked answers and got the question right. And perhaps that was one of the few questions they actually got right in the exam, and the difference between a past mark or not was that question, and now it's been removed.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing about this dud question is that originally the question was leaked and so they rewrote the question, and so this question that is now being scrapped was the rewritten question to replace the linked question.
Speaker 2: But it was rewritten so badly they can't included.
Speaker 3: And it's not the first time that the Economics Examine Victoria has been compromised with questions that were.
Speaker 2: So bad they had to discount them. But it happened. It's twenty twenty and twenty eighteen as well.
Speaker 4: Just look at the government books in Victoria. No running the example.
Speaker 5: This is a stalling system. They've all come through, So yeah, no, it makes sense to the front page of the odds Now, Serpent and a total croc emails expose collusion that this is one of those truth is Stranger than Fiction stories. Academic, legal and activist figures in the Feld Environmental Defenders Office bid to suttle a five point eight billion dollar gas field near the Tewe Islands, concocted a rainbow, serpent and crocodile man songline map based on guesswork and minimal consultation with indigenous leaders. According to court documents, The article goes on to denote several of these bullet points. I won't read you the more, but some of them are genuinely hilarious. The federal court documents reveal University of Western Australia marine geoscientists Michael O'Leary send his expert report to the IDIO lawyers for edits to ensure it quote meets your expectations end quote. Doctor O'Leary, who described himself as quote just a white fella end quote, was open to moving the rainbow serpent where it seems most culturally appropriate. These these bullet points go on and on and on. It is absolutely unbelievable. What has been uncovered about this, Like we weren't already very sus when major projects get booted because someone in the indigenous community is like, well, excuse me, this is this is sacred land for these reasons, et cetera, and so on. Now we've got the environmental devendors offers caught in the act.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it just show how confident they are though, that they can say whatever they like and everyone will be reticent to criticize lest you're accused of, you know, being insensitive to Indigenous people or.
Speaker 2: Racist or whatever.
Speaker 3: The fact they were prepared to put forward such bald face lies and did it with a straight face says a lot about the environment we're currently living in.
Speaker 2: It's got to the.
Speaker 3: Front page of the Daily Telegraph. I cannot believe this story. Rates for Rising Tide is the headline. Lord Mayor Clovermore's City of Sydney Council will donate twenty two thousand dollars of ratepayers money, as if the council have any other kind of money to Rising Tide. That's an environmental group that broke the law over the weekend blocking shipping lanes in Newcastle. Rate Payers in the city of city are going to give twenty two grand to help rising tide cover costs for more than one hundred and seventy people who were arrested at the Port of Newcastle protest.
Speaker 2: This is absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 3: This has got nothing to do with you know, Serve seeing the ratepayers of the City of Sydney.
Speaker 2: This is purely the city.
Speaker 3: Council using ratepayers money to pay for their own ideological fetish. And what's more interesting is you've got a couple of Labor council members going against the men's government who tried to block the protest. They're going to spend money getting protesters out on bail.
Speaker 4: I presume reason six and forty seven to abolish councils, right right, We're.
Speaker 2: Going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, there's a museum in this country teaching people that rocks can have sexual preferences and genders.
Speaker 2: That's coming up at a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, of all the stories we've done tonight, Kayla Ericon, this one is the strangest.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: This comes thanks to later bade viewer Emily Shipway, who emailed this one in she took her little kiddlywink down to the South Australian Museum and thought they'd have a look at some of the rocks and crystals, et cetera, and came along something quite strange. Now, I'm going to be down in Adelaide next week for the cricket, so I'm going to go and check this out for myself. But you can see here the display. In this case, you've got Chien and rose courts up the top. It's got bisexual written next to it. For some reason, amethys geode says asexual whatever.
Speaker 1: That's about.
Speaker 4: The corresponding flag, the flag for it flu right says non binary. You've got what's the one above it, a tormalne that says gender fluid. With the gender fluid flag there, you've got courts and amethysts that's apparently transgender. You've got boulder Opal from Andermouka that's got the Progress Pride flag there.
Speaker 1: And if you read the little.
Speaker 4: Scripts underneath each gem, all it explains is what the stone is. It doesn't tell you any reason that there's a bloody gender queer, transgender whatever.
Speaker 1: Flag next to it. What on earth is this about?
Speaker 2: I have heard absolutely everything. Now I cannot understand that even go.
Speaker 5: To a museum and look at rocks without being indoctrinated by the rainbow MafA. She's trying to take good on you, Emily, trying to take the kids in to show them, like, oh, look at these opals from Australia. Yes they come from Australia. How exciting even that you can't do nowadays without having ideology, not ideology, rammed down your throat. These rocks have nothing to do with sexual anything.
Speaker 4: They've turned the rocks a gay, turn the rocks gay.
Speaker 3: Really quickly before we go. There's a Formula one race in Las Vegas over the weekend. You had to have a ticket in order to watch the race. There were some vantage points outside the fence, but it's illegal to stand.
Speaker 2: Still and watch if you don't have a ticket.
Speaker 3: But there was this escalator which is closer to the circuit than any of the seats.
Speaker 2: It's on the best corner.
Speaker 3: There were security guards at the top and bottom, issuing fines if anyone stopped and watched, but as long as you were moving, you didn't get a ticket. So these guys I spent the entire race going up and down up and down to watch the Formula One cast.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I would do if I was in Las Vegas. What a brilliant way to.
Speaker 1: Watch I'm not even mad. You've got to give a nod to the ingenuity of these right, I mean, they just found a loophole.
Speaker 2: Good on them, well done.
Speaker 3: That's it from us stick around. Coming up is the Rida Penney Show.
Speaker 2: Good Night,