Speaker 1: We'd like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which this podcast was produced, the Galligle people of the orination. We pay our respects to elders past and present.
Speaker 2: It's October twenty nineteen and we're at the peak of Shishepegma in Tibet, eighty thirteen meters above sea level.
Speaker 3: Nims day Perja is at the summit of the mountain.
Speaker 2: Anything above eight thousand meters is considered to be in the death zone, where complacency could kill you. It's an extraordinary achievement to make it here. But what makes it even more impressive is that Nims has survived the death zone on thirteen other mountains. Just forty other climbers have conquered this feat and Nims has just made history as the.
Speaker 3: Fastest person to do it. The previous record holder took seven years and seven months. Nims has taken just seven months.
Speaker 2: He's rewritten the history books and achieved a further six world records in the process. Critics said it couldn't be done, but he wanted to show the world that nothing is impossible.
Speaker 3: I'm Att Middleton and this is head game today. Nims Day Perja on Expedition Project Possible NIMS.
Speaker 2: We've known each other for almost twenty years now, and.
Speaker 3: I'm so honored to have you on my podcast.
Speaker 2: We've been through a lot in the military, we've been through a lot in the mountaineering world, but this podcast is about what you've been through and how you've come out the other side. First and foremost, Nims, How are you, buddy. It's so good to see you and I miss you, bro.
Speaker 4: I miss you well. You're supposed to be here in scared diving with us, but hopefully next time. And look, brother in a soul, So glad to be here and and talking to you. As I said, you know, the energy and I get from you know, even the having conversation with you is always amazing. So yeah, really really nice to be here with your brother. And then thank you for having me on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure, brother.
Speaker 2: So names, let's go straight back to the beginning where everything started for you.
Speaker 3: You come from Nepal. Where were you born in Nepal?
Speaker 2: And how did you come to becoming a girkha Because I know that that's a really sort of elevated job or position within the Nipolese community. Was it always in your blood and was always bred into you from a young age.
Speaker 4: So and I was born in you know, a really humbling family. I grew up in the most flattest and warmest part of Nepal, in a super warm and joining girkha was something, you know, it's I can remember as early as you know, as I grew up because my dad was in the Indian girkaz and and my two brothers had just made into into the Biddish girkhaus. You know, for us one, there is a huge legacy, there's a huge respect, there is uh this honor you know, being a part of the girkhaz in British military. But also for me, I was the youngest son in the family, and my both brother who had joined the girl cause we're married, and and my mom used to kind of always say that, look, now your brothers are married, they they're gonna go and start their own family. You know, you know who's gonna look after the educations and all that, and and it kind of, you know, get me really worried. And I just wanted to look after my mother and kind of escape the poverty. But also there was.
Speaker 5: A a hunger for to be that honorable and out of this legendry stuff that you know, Nepal and United Kingdom has gone for now almost more than two hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it sounds like that you wanted to lead the family names. It sounds like, as I know you, you're a natural leader, but it sounds like from a young age that you had that sort of leadership capability within you, from the poverty, from you know, wanting your brothers and your family to succeed and wanting to provide for them. Was that a big, big sort of push for you to go out into the big wide world become ultimately a gurkha so you could send money back and help the family.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then you know the you know, I still remember you know the day out of you know, thirty two thousand young men is between eighteen to twenty one. You know, they went for the selection and only two hundred and thirty mad it and I was one of them. And you know your pass and straight away you run and deceive your head and everything. But also you know there's a part where they give you the money. I think the first gast I received was around five hundred dollars and you know that that money and I give it to mother and I felt really good. But straight after that and I was sending money to my family straight from my paycheck even when I was in the Gurkhas, and as I as soon as I made it to special courses, I managed to look them even better. So yeah, and I'm a family man, and as you know, and family means a lot to me. And how I take the families. You know, when we're young, little vulnerable children and kids, you know, they give up their happiness. You know, they give up their so many things that they could have done for our better future. And once we are in that position, you know, as they grow old, I feel like it's kind of like a I don't know, rotation or disciple, you know what I feel like. You know, now they're older, they're vulnerable, and you looked after them, and it's such a nice thing to do. I guess.
Speaker 2: So that was at the forefront of your personality, which I suppose you know, looking after others and leading in that way has always been sort of manifested in you. But you've done a few selection processes nims. Now take me back to the pre selection, you know for the gir because you know, like you said, there's thousands of candidates, you're one of two hundred odds that pass. Just take me through that selection process and what that looks like, because it's hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, So for those listeners who doesn't know what Gurkha is and all that, first of all, I think we need to go way back in the history. So when the British Empire was in India, you know, raising the whole of the empire, nepalans next to India. So they tried to take over Nepal, and even though they have the huge amount of force that alfeldies and everything, they couldn't really you know, be the Netflix saws and there's one story where they even blocked the water for nine days and the girl has kept fighting. So of course at that point the British are very smart and of course the King of Nepal had enough with this war and everything. So the British has the necklace king saying, look, guys, you know we're gonna have We're not gonna attack you anymore, We're not gonna have this fight, but can we have this you know guys you know, fighting for us, And the king was like, yeah, actually it's a great idea, you know, because we also don't want any war. And you know, so this agreement happened between the United Kingdom, India at that point and Nepal three goldment. It's called tripactid agreement and since then it's been going on and it's only the nature of his kind in the world. But yeah, you know, for me going through the selecting process, you know, like imagine, you know, you are literally growing up in the poverty and you might have this amazing opportunity where you're not only respected, but you know, you go to United Kingdom. You know, it's it's a dream, you know. So that means you know that the competition is tough. You know, thirty two thousand people applied at my time. And one of the risks we do is, you know, we carry like rock of thirty five ks in our forehead and you run up you know, four kilometers. You know, just because you are physical, effit, that doesn't mean you know you'll get through it. You know, you also need to be mentally fit. You also need to be well educated. You need to pass the English math and all that test and the section happens only once in a year and if you are below is eighteen, you cannot do it. And if you're above it is twenty one, you cannot do it either. So you know it's a really big thing, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and what was it like passing, you know, being told that you're you've passed the pre selection. You're now going to the United Kingdom. Obviously you're going to be leaving the family going to the United Kingdom to become a girker.
Speaker 4: You know, like where you know, you are super excited first, right, and you seeing like okay, you know because I see all the pictures you know from my brothers, you know, all this big bend London eye and you know all that I'm expecting. So we've fee a bit of training and it's tough. But we were put on the plane and we came to London Heathrow and straight away we were put into the coast and next time, you know, we we wake up. It's like in a cat trick. That's you know, worse than even the village of Nepal. So I was like what is London? And I were big Ben and then the rain is coming from the sideway. You see more innocive than more than people, you know, so I was like, oh my god, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: Get me back to Nepole, get me mom, I'm coming home.
Speaker 4: I think they specifically choose that in a really remote area now for a reason. But yeah, that was that was it. And then what I realized is it's not only you know the toughness of the training, but the key here is how you you know, make relatively a young man from Nepal, a village guy or a hillboy, whatever you call it, to a refined soldier. You know, so you know from really basic of how you use your knife, fork and spoon too, how do you use the toilet and all that. Yeah, and then from that too, you know, being super disciplined, super respectful to everybody around, and it's just bilin from there.
Speaker 2: So when you pass out as a Girka, obviously huge pride.
Speaker 3: You know you're there.
Speaker 2: You can not only support yourself, but you can support your family. That whole element of being a child what you really wanted to do. Did you ever imagine when you passed out as a Gurkha that you would find yourself on Special Forces selection and being the first ever Girkha to pass selection for the Tier one Special Boat Service.
Speaker 4: No begand and I never really imagined that, you know. And then to be honest, you know, you know, we we are only limited by our knowledge and we didn't have you know what you know, being honest, when I was in Nepal, I didn't know what you know, UK Special Forces. Does you know what SBS is or I didn't even know what SAS is and all that. But once you joined the military and I found out about them, you know, they're actually even even the coolest, you know they are, you know, there's so much superior and I thought, you know, like we're best. But then yeah, and again from that, I think why I wanted to go to SBS or in the UK Special Forces in the first places. And I think once I served into the Girkas for you know, five years, and I realized that, you know, Girkas are really tough soldier, well disciplined, the most loyal of the loyal, the bravest souldiers in the planet. And but no one would.
Speaker 3: Say the elite of the conventional forces.
Speaker 2: They are like the like the powers and Marines that they lead conventional forces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also like the biggest assets of the characters is like because you know, we speak the same language and we do everything and it's and there's a huge amount of brotherhood. But also like I was like, Okay, if we are the best, why why none of us are in you know sbs you know or you know why we don't have so much in the sas and all that. So I think I wanted to break that barrier, not only for myself, but but the rest of the guys, you know who I always believe, you know, it doesn't matter who you are. You know, there will always be someone who is smarter, someone is stronger, someone in a talented than you. But sometimes you just have to open the open the barrier. And many many girl has perhaps I don't see that, you know. So, and I also wanted to be some at least somebody else, you know, representing the that the girl has been in that top tier one unit. So and honestly, I had no clue. So and all I hear is like, you know, they are the pass I shoulders in the planet. They are like these they are They're like James all this. So I had no clue how the selection's run. So again, guys, you know, my training resumes just a puper race, and that's like six months before you even even you go into selection. So I was like working up one o'clock in the morning and you know, big burgen of seventy five pounds, and I can't you know, I kind of run from home to the to the military barracks in Taham from you know, from Maidstone and then you know the whole. You know, once you get to the camp, you know, you have breakfast, but then you also need to do whatever that physical tax of that morning is, you know, with with the military. So I do that physical you know exercise or PET we call it physical training exercise. So and from there, obviously, and that was a I was a building and instructural finisher, so plastering and tiling whole day. And in the evening, you know, four o'clock, I used to run clean Fatti. So clean futic is like you know, at this time, I will not carry my berg and I leave it there. I run back home again twenty kilometer. I have a quick dinner, then go to the gym cycle sixty five kilometer. And because I wanted to go to SBS, I had to be good in swimming, so I used to do like front frowl, like one hundred times none stuff in twenty five meters swimming pool. And I never you know, honestly, I trained like that for six months, six days a week, and I never say, okay today there is raining. Today there is a black black ice in you know, on the road. You know how it is, you know, and you know it's the weather in UK is very miserable and you can easily sleep, you know. But I never make any any excuses at all, because I really wanted to do to something, and even from this point, you know, the purpose was not only only about me and my desire. But and again I keep saying this too many many people who have even given interview or talked. I was like, if I even passed this, even if I get selected by the UK Special Forces Group, that I'm I'm happy to work for free, you know. So yeah, and eventually you know I pass it. And then of course you know you know me from from pull and and and also big brother, you know you were so supportive and you know for these people who are listening to this podcast, you know, when you are the first in a girca in the SBS and it's all like pretty much heavily dominated by marines and all that, and and it's not easy, right, I'm gonna be very honest, but you know, and was always there. You know, he's my brother and and and the guidance he gave me and all that. So yeah, and then big thank you and and since and then now and you know, like we have probably got around iron the total more than twenty Special Forces in SAS and SBS together, So the gate is open now, you know. So you know, it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: Talk about breaking the mold and being a trailblazer. So you know, you're the first gorkha for to pass selection for the Special Boat Service. You have an outstanding career, and then you leave because this passion of yours to lead the way to trail blaze, to break molds, to talk to me about Project Possible, because I.
Speaker 3: Remember it well.
Speaker 2: I remember you leaving the military and everyone's like, why are you leaving the military to go and kill yourself? This is you know, a suicide mission because you wanted to break the record to summit all fourteen peaks above eight thousand meters. There's only fourteen peaks above eight thousand meters, and you left the military to go and shatter this record. Which everyone fought was impossible. You named it project Possible. Put me into your mindset that you had in order to believe that one you could jump from your dream job as a Special Forces operator, Yeah, to then go in smashing this unbelievable record.
Speaker 4: Always you know, try to be you know, the be the noise of those people you know who are unheard or who doesn't have the voice, the servis never had the respect and the name that they deserve. That was really, really, you know, key, key thing that mattered to me. And the second in line with that one was, you know, I really believe that through this project I can I can show the world that doesn't matter where you come from, what your background is. You know, either you grew up in a really humbling family without anything else or whatever it is in either you can be black, white, brown, doesn't matter, you know, you know, if you have a bigger purpose than yourself, you can literally do the things that the world says it's not possible, you know, And just to code this. And at that point, when when we went for sponsorship, which we're gonna get a bit later on, even the Red Bull said, no names. You know, we're not gonna support this because you know, it's like you're saying that you're going to swim to the moon, you know, so at that point, no one was even even imagining it. So yeah, but I really believed it in that misin statement, which was not about me at all. And because it wasn't about me, it was for the whole people whose I believe, it's for the whole of the world. You know, that I could change the way of thinking, I could change you know, all that stuff, so which I believe in, you know, but I think you can come with so many ideas and stuff, But if you don't believe in that purpose, then that was nothing. You know, you can say a few people here and there, but because it's not really what you believe in, so that can't go that far away. But it's something that I believed in from my bone and I don't know from is molecules, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's why I love what you said. It was bigger than you. The purpose was bigger than yourself.
Speaker 2: And when you've got a purpose like that and the positive mindset that you have, you can flip the impossible into the possible, can't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was so tough though, you know, like you know now you have already leaved your career in this forcess. You have gone big time announcing the project no one lives in. You know, you're already now in the social media obviously. You know that's that's no way going back into SF anymore. You know, the pencil is gone. You kind of sold your house to to start off in a Foster second mountain, you know. And then and I'm really forever thankful to you, and which I'm going to bring this on this podcast because you know when when I had nothing at that point, you know, I still remember, you know, you give me quite decent money for me to go and cover actually two mountains, So big thank you brother, you know. And it wasn't only the money. It's like you know, when you have and then you give whatever it is, don't that doesn't mean but you know when I needed the must you know you were there, so you know once acad big thank you and yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I remember our conversation well when you said no and I need to I need to get pound, like you don't need to do anything.
Speaker 3: I said, just stick to this part of the deal. I just want you to come back alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you certainly done that, nim So I remember the first three climbs you smashed out within days. Take me back to that mindset of you tackling fourteen of the highest mountains in the world, knowing that that record was seven years and you wanted to do it in seven months. Take me through the first free climbs because I couldn't believe.
Speaker 3: How quickly you smashed them. And no wonder the sponsors came after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, you know, And the big thing is yes, you know, you know, we managed to smash that and all that. We were on the the first mountain and is known for they call it, you know, you know, it's the most dangerous mountain in the world. In one in four people dies, you know, and second in a cator is there. And we were on that mountain and we've been working so hard and the thing is, yes, eventually we summit it. We came from the summit back to base camp and we were basically at the base camp prepared to go to the second mountain. According to the plan, you know, which is the all agree the helicopter was supposed to come. But what happened was that very morning we were made away like, nimhs, you know, doctor Chin is alive above Campo. And when I look at the footage of that, you a person who was flying the helicopter around and then this poor man was, you know, just below the summit, just just waving his hand. And what I really thought at that point was, you know, if that was me. You know, any tough decision I make in my life, I always put myself in the person soons, and I was like, if what if that was me? You know?
Speaker 3: So, nims, let me just break this down.
Speaker 2: You just summitted your first mountain, which was an Emporda, and you're back down. You've got a time scale to meet because you know you need to get to the next mountain. You know, you need to smash these first couple of mountains in order for the mission to continue because you won't get the funding. And then all of a sudden you get down and there's someone in the death zone on the very mountain you just summitted, and you need to make a decision. You look at these footage and you go right rescue mission straight away from from the very first mountain. What's going through your head when you're down there and you think to yourself I've got a helicopter that I can jump on right now to go to the next mountain, or do I spend the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: I think it goes down to basically, first of all, who you really are inside, and then of course, you know we did so many recently, you know, from these special forces. You know you're on some of them together, even with their because we never leave anyone behind. And the basic principle of life is if you forget what you've been taught, all the good stuff, you're never going to progress in life. So I kind of took that away, though, Yeah, how.
Speaker 2: Hard was it to not only make that decision, but how hard was it to go back up on the most tangerous mountain in the world, to risk your life to save a life?
Speaker 4: I think, but this isn't making wasn't hard If I'm being really honest, I know what, I have given up everything, but that's all metaialistic, you know, But there's people's lives, so it was it was really easy. But the mission was next level because you know, we went straight into her drop it just below Cam three and from Camp three to where Sin was. On the day when we opened the line, it had took us eighteen hours, okay, and now I'm thinking, like doctor gin has been there for more than twenty four hours, you know, so you know, we are racing against the time. So I think that's when we set up, you know, and we were like going as fast as we could, and we got there within four hours, and we straight away tried to get him as fast as possible, and yeah, you know, it was pretty much the rescue over the most of the night. And when we got him to down to Cam three, we had to wait for the helicopter. So that's when you know, we got him inside the inside the the ten. We we wrap him around the slipping bag, you know, tried to warm him up, try to you know, like wake him up, you know, remind him that his family is waiting over there. But we all had to I still remember, you know, we all, like myself and my three like server brothers were like like this, we're slapping here just to stay awake. And then so that you know, somebody has to to make him awake otherwise he's gonna die. So yeah, it was. It was really tough, and and you know the big thing is we still managed to get him off and we give one hundred percent, you know, and that's what I can be be happy with you. Although you know he passed away on the hospital, but we gave one hundred percent and that's the most important thing that that I can say.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Wow, So once you've done that mission, you know, talk about then getting your head back in the game for Project Possible. So once that's done, he's safely off the mountain. You got, you kicked straight back into the mission Project Possible. And where'd you go next?
Speaker 4: We went to We went to that agree and you know again this mountain was the next level. I still remember we we probably only living in five days because we lost the good weather because of you know, we tried to go and riskue mistressing. That means we lost three days of the of the good weather. That means we are now climbing in storm. And I still remember all my like, you know, team you know, save us, were really really scared, like names, how how are we gonna come down? We don't even see anything, And I was like, bro, listen item from Special Forces. My navigation is on this spot. It is my end. And look I'm right at the front. And we keep pushing, We keep pushing and it was the most horrific I would say weather. But yeah, I think it was just because we had that that purpose and we're saying like because we have also just came from doing a really good thing. So I felt like spiritually we are also like you know, protected.
Speaker 2: When you got off and a Purna. That wasn't your first rescue mission. It went from rescue mission to rescue mission to rescue mission, all the way through Project Possible to the very end, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had to do three rescues on Contentena. You know, we made this climber fifteen minutes below the summit. You know we're coming from Special Forces. What the first thing we established the commps Okay, we seek for help, you know, because you know you are now giving your oxygen and you aren't even acclaomatized for that stage, you know, so you're coming off the oxygen giving to them. You're without oxygen, you're doing the rescue, you are asking for help. And those people said to me on the radio, okay, names like please continue the rescue. You know we're coming up to help you, okay. And that means we gave one hundred percent. There was no reserve then finding another guy and having to have like two of them died at the end because literally nobody came. And I think it was really a wake up call, which was extremely shocking, upsetting because I came to campho I, you know, tried to wake up every ten and all that nobody wake up. Even way before that. When it got back, I was on the talking on the radio. Everybody turned off their radio off. So it really hurt me as well. But I knew that I was doing true things. I knew that I was. I was you know who you know if you get under your scalet and this is the nims, you know, So I was proud of who I am, So I know, I I called my wife should Si at that point, and I was in tear and I was trying like a baby, like a baby. This happened, but you know that's me.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about when you achieve you've hit the fourteenth peak, you come back down, you have smashed the record from nearly eight years to seven months.
Speaker 3: What did that feel like, mate, to know that you've.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely annihilated this this record.
Speaker 4: You feel amazing, you know, because and at that point, because you know, everybody thought that is he gonna do it? Is he not gonna do it? And all that, and eventually I did it, so everybody was happy. Okay, the Netflix shaw, you know, fourteen Picks was the must worse documentary of that that point, you know, everybody was like names, you know, thank you for putting Nepal into into global map again and you know, all all this positive energies.
Speaker 2: But what I really love about this whole story is the K two Winter. K two Winter is something that everyone talk about, you know, Project Possible being impossible. Let's quickly touch on K two Winter, because that was mission impossible and you made it possible. And where when are we going to see that come into light? And when are we going to see that hit our screens?
Speaker 4: You know, hopefully hopefully soon. And I think this story is way even perhaps you know, ten times more powerful than Project Possible in my opinion, for so many reasons, guys, you know, so many reasons. What we managed to do as as a team together, but also as a leadership. You know, of course I had all my saf has really paid well, and arguably I could be the first person to be there perhaps and if I plan it for my own glory on my success on my name and all that, and that's how the whole expedition has been in the past, you know. But I'm a man of fairness, and I always believe that, you know, since we all are working together, why we don't take and sere equal success, equal name, equal glory. And K two was the only mountain in the world that was never climbing winter. You name whatever, the best mountaineer in the world, you guys, you name it. They all have tried it. Nobody made it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not accessible.
Speaker 2: K two isn't accessible at the best of times, let alone in winter.
Speaker 3: You know, even in summer, Yes you can't. Yeah, it's not accessible. Sometimes you can't even access the mountain in summer.
Speaker 2: What I loved is that virable moment of you on K two winter with your n the police team walking to the summit hand in hand, cuddling together, singing the national al anthem.
Speaker 3: Is that right to the very summit.
Speaker 2: What a moment, What a life defining changing moment in the community that NEPO absolutely deservely uh cherished from bro.
Speaker 4: You know that was like, you know, I still remember, like and as we gather around and then our last climber wasn't that far as well, you know, so so we all gather around and as we walk to the summit, I think because every soul feel really respected and there was equal to it, I didn't even care about the view. And it was just that analogy, you know, because most of the guys were in tears, you know, when we're like, you know, you know, and when we see it, and it was a sore much power of spirit, power of happiness, power of fairst out of selling the zoo. And that's when we again put Nepal into global map, you know. So yeah, it was, it was. It was the best thing. But also what I managed to do here, and was when I did the Fourteen Pigs straightway after the documentary, the Western climbers started criticizing me, and you know, quite rightly. David Goggin says that you know, if you if you even walked into the water, they will say he's walking in the water because he cannot stream, you know, so anyway, so but it had got to me, so I was like, okay, you know, so at this point, before I did the summit brief, we check the weather. I read the weather out. Now here's the weather team, we need to go and climb this, but one team member among us has to climb at this one. At this one has to go without oxygen. And I asked individually and the team said no and ed this went. The team didn't knew what I was going through. So I had a first bite on, a first snip on my three fingers hair and three fingers here. But I was wearing small gloves and I was hiding it because as a leader, you want you don't want to show the weakness, you know. But at this point, because you know, little things matter on the big mountains, and those little mindset is the difference between success and the failure, and I didn't want it to show them any weakness, you know, exactly exactly. So at this point, for the first time, I take my gloves out and I said, guys, look my three fingers here, three fingers here. I have a first nip. I would one percent go and climb this without oxygen. But if I go without oxygen, is you know, you know your body feel colder, you know, and I already have frost snip. That means you know, I'll go into frostbite and I wouldn't be able to use this hand and I probably die. So can anybody take this responsibility? Because I knew that Western community will criticize again, we just need to do this clean and caught. No criticize because it doesn't matter what you did. The Eastern media is so big that you know you cannot go and keep telling everybody. So I just wanted, don't clean so.
Speaker 3: So big and so brutal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and nobody again, nobody step up again? You know. For me, I was like, Okay, now I have to do it. And I was so much worried because how I keep up with this guy without oxygen and so that we climb together. And by this point and I had faced so much the real brutality, the reality of a thousand meters where you know, you don't know who, who is bought by, who's who's where, who's there? You know, So I was thinking, if I'm lit by the by the ten meters point, then somebody's just gonna go and take all the glory and the equality. We're gonna won't be there and you know all that stuff. So I was like, okay, you know, but anyway, you know, I was right at the front, managed to stop and and the first post we made it. And if this is what the Special Forces teach to anticipation, you know, we we we talked about the team and the first post was about the team and guess what spread away the Western community saying that, oh, it's not a great because it was with oxygen and all that. I'm just waiting there. I was like, okay, and I know even wanted to tell this story, but I saw some of the comments me valuing the achievement, and those people who were criticizing were some of my Western friends who had submitted mountains on the lines me and you fake fixed, yeah, and it really hurt me. And and after two days of you know, like getting criticide to make my gine, you know, dear brother came and nimns, you just need to say it because it's too much. Now we just need to kill the negative day. And that's when I said, okay, you know, have done with that oxygen. But yeah, this story is so powerful. But it was again with the purpose, you know, So that's what it got us there.
Speaker 2: You know, when are we going to see K two winter on our screens?
Speaker 3: Sure? You know, because I have seen the fourteen pigs.
Speaker 2: We we keep constantly touch of saw you not long ago and for this needs.
Speaker 3: You know, I've seen some of the rushes that you've shown me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this will blow I think fourteen, Well, I don't think you can blow fourteen.
Speaker 4: But then we can. We can, we can because it's farily so unique.
Speaker 3: When when are we saying it?
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully, you know, hopefully soon, And you know we're still in it because you know, we need to get it right. You know, there can be only one real key to Winter documentary, you know, so we just have to do it right. It needs to be you know good. So yeah, I just have announced that the biggest project of you know, my lifetime, you know, it is the hat Trick, which is like the three times the summit of fourteen one thousand meter picks and the seventh summits. And the key here is, guys, I'm raising the money for the Nimbs Life Foundation. Every money raised, one hundred percent will be will be given to the charity, you know, and and and the charity has done amazing stuff like building a porterhouse in Logocy for eggs example. You know, everybody keeps saying that, you know, the porters are at the backbone of mountaineering. Everybody is talking, but there's no accent. You know how long this guiding industry has been there for sixty seventy years, you know. But it is so sad to see that when people track for six seven days, they go to Feriche, and from Feris they go to this village called Lobiji, which is the second last village, the second last village of getting to the Bascun. And unfortunately at Lobuse there is no accommodation for those poor guys, you know, really humble guys to sleep in and they have to go back to to to Feriche, you know. So you know, we are making a porterhouse. And I think it's all life is about dignity, right, so if we give them that little respect, whatever it is, they feel like. You know, yes, we might be the most list paid people in this industry, but you know we are being at least respected here. We are looked after, you know. So this is why you know that that really nice porterhouse is getting met there. And we are also you know, supporting any veterans who has got you know, PTSD and all that they can come and do some sort of adventure. And and I'm a big believer that any illness can be recovered through adventure. You know. This adventure is the thing guys, you know, and everyone who is listening to this podcast, you know, I know, me and my brother and he's running a trip to Kilmenzaro for all these novices who wants to get into mountaineering or climb big mountains. But it's also not only about that, guys. It's about if you go and do some outdoors, either that could be skydiving or that could be you know, climbing small mountains or big mountain it keeps you you, It keeps your it keeps your inner syle alive, you know. So so that's why, you know, and it's the same thing I comment and serve these soldiers you know, who give their life for this countryver prepared to die, you know, looking after them through adventure and equally again, you know, you know, I believe that ours is our only home. Even the elendmox is trying to put things on Mars, but right now Art is our only home. And as names die, I what I do is I look after the big mountains. So you know, we've been doing the big mountains still a project for the last couple of years and it is not cheap, and but I am right at the front doing it, and hence why we need, you know, those levels of funds to do good things, you know, So if anyone is there to sponsor again this project, guys, I don't even take that money for the expedition. It goes towards the foundation. Please help us, that's all.
Speaker 2: And when you are names, you know, when you're at the forefront, you're going to take all the good and all the bad when you're trailblazing. We are indeed running an expedition in Killemen, Jamo this August, so check out NIMS Day's website. I will be there leading with NIMS. So jump on board if you wish. Nims, you are indeed brave and you are indeed loyal everything that you've brought forward from becoming a young at such a young age. Stay keep leading, stay oil, and NIMS just be you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, brother, Thank you so much, brother, and thank you everyone who's listening to this podcast.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to find out more about Nims's story, you can read his memoir Beyond Possible.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to this episode of Head Game. If you enjoyed it, please leave me a review. Or share it with a friend. I'm Att Middleton. See you in the next episode.