Speaker 1: Today we're recording on Gadighul country and.
Speaker 2: We'd like to pay our respects to the traditional custodians of the Gati. Girl people, I know you're gonna dig this. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something.
Speaker 1: You've got layers, Yeah, I got layers.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, I'm like, we're just such beautiful storytellers.
Speaker 2: You make a lot of sense to that. Girl. No, I'm done, lest I've been too.
Speaker 1: Honest to go. Let's not Valentine's Day. First things First.
Speaker 2: Who pranks someone on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: That is a bit savage. It is a bit savage. I'm not gonna lie what was going through Denny's mind.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anything was, because look, I at first thought, oh my god, like what is happening. He put this blindfold on me. I knew this camera was set up, so I thought something cute was happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you honestly thought beyon tickets.
Speaker 2: I thought Beyonce tickets. But I also said a few other things that he cut out, Like I was like, what are you doing? Like did you make something? Did you cook? Like I just thought that it was going to be something cute, and then when it wasn't like there's such a mixed bag of emotions for me with this, so like at first I was like, what the fuck's going on? Like, oh, he can't be proposing, Like is this actually happening? Like yeah, I just thought, all that's a bit too soon, Like that's the first reaction I had was like, Oh, I don't know if like this is the moment, you know.
Speaker 3: Which because you saw like so he takes a blind oh you take the blindfold off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And in my voice, in his voice, it sounded so sincere It sounded like he was gonna cry. So his voice was like, you know, you deserve so much more than this and everything. I was thinking, oh my god, like is he actually going to do this? But I was like wait, what did you hear my voice? I was like what like that? That's like where my emotion was. It was so like what what's happening? And then when the box came around and there was an egg in it, and then I was like you fucking kidding me? Like is this actually happening? And then I got pissed off because I was like, you're playing with my feelings a little bit. And then it went from that to being really funny afterwards. I laughed for so long, Like I laughed for probably like a good five minutes after being angry. But then everyone started sliding into the dms and made almost like influenced what I had. Then got over, Yeah, got over and accepted as okay, stupid funny prank. Then everyone was messaging me saying this is cruel. So then my mind goes, yeah, this motherfucker, this is cruel. This is cruel, This is cruel. So now I'm back in this, like I feel sorry for myself, you know, like I'm like, oh, yeah, he shouldn't have done that. And I think that because of everyone else's reaction and how much they probably hated it for me. Yeah, I then became even deeper.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I definitely did feel that as well. Yeah, because like I know, like love is so important to you, and like obviously a proposal was such a grand gesture and like I've had a had like you know, I've been proposed too, so I like, what did.
Speaker 2: You do in that moment? Can I just ask how did it actually feel?
Speaker 3: I the second I'll talk about the second time, because the first time was like just more of a.
Speaker 2: Like it's happened twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first time was like more of a cover up of like a like fixed relationship kind of thing. Yeah, and then like three months later we end up breaking up, and then the second time.
Speaker 1: I guess the second time, I probably want to talk to a bit more because.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, I felt like those two moments like took away my big moment. Okay, yeah, and I think it's really I think women, not all women feel this way, but I think a proposal was really important to a woman and how it's done because it's I guess that's also a societal push thing as well, Like it's like this grand gesture. So I can imagine like how I would feel in that situation. And I felt for you because it's like it's not one on Valentine's Day like any other day. Sure, but then I'm like a prank on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: It was like three days before, just to be honest, it.
Speaker 1: Was three days before, okay, so it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't on Valentine's Day, but then he posted it before Valentine's Day, like the day before, so yeah, it was before, but it was.
Speaker 3: But everyone around that time, it was just like everyone's like saying love. There are actual, like legitimate like engagements happening, and like you're probably like maybe you know, there's some comparison culture going on, and you're like, oh, like that's cute.
Speaker 2: And you know what his actual reaction to me to talking about this. So basically on Valentine's Day he didn't post anything. Oh so he posted that video the day before Valentine's.
Speaker 3: And then nothing like and then nothing So for me, I'll tell you something.
Speaker 2: So I went to see a show Friday night, Valentine's Day. Yeah, that was Friday, Yeah, Friday Friday, and I was Christy in our news show Hadestown, Yeah, And I was in the crowd watching the show, and my focus should have been on the show, but all I was thinking was I wonder because my phone was on flight mode. I was like, I wonder, by the time if I get out of this show, has he posted anything. It's been all day, so I was hoping that maybe he would have posted something to share his love for me. Right, he didn't, And so I got home and I was like, hey, I just want you to know something. I feel a little bit like sad. Actually that I, you know, posted a nice video of us and like some like cute memories and created this real and you haven't posted anything other than the prank video and now everyone's reaction to that, plus you not posting something nice and genuine and exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that if he posted something that was opposite to that, I would have felt like, oh, okay, you know what. But he didn't. So I ended up telling him that, and then we ended up having like a bit of an awkward moment where he was like, well, it doesn't matter about how other people see us. It's about how I treat you and how this you know, this, this holiday, this day is so commercialized, but it is and I get that. But at the same time, he is not hearing what I'm saying to him, So I'm saying to him, I feel sad, right, So if I feel sad and you're just telling me all the excuses as to why you didn't do it, wouldn't you just think to yourself, Okay, babe, you know what. Sorry, I'll post something. Yeah that's gonna make you feel nice. I'm going to post something. But he's not big on like doing things for But.
Speaker 3: Can I ask the question so like, you know, him doing that prank video, did he kind.
Speaker 1: Of get your approval to post that up?
Speaker 2: Or yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And that's when I was in funny land. That's when I was like, oh my god, that is so funny and I'm so glad to chuck the egg at you because everything was a natural reaction yea in you. And I was like this mother effer like and chuck the egg.
Speaker 1: You know, think to do a prank back?
Speaker 2: Well, I have, And I said to him, I will get you back and I'll tell you what it is. Okay, So all.
Speaker 1: Right, if you are listening, message Maddie and tell him.
Speaker 2: I've got I've got the best. I'm going to tell you. I'm going to tell you, but the editor is going to stop here really quickly, right oh yeah. And it's like he's so what I'm going to do is I'm going to and I'm going to be like paybacks a bitch, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: Isn't that good?
Speaker 1: That's good?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I workshop this with people at my work at SBO. We sat around like how can I get him back? So I'm going to get him back because that's he wants to play with some big emotions. Guess what so can.
Speaker 3: I guys, It's good. I think I'm going to be really well, you know what, I'm here for it. I'm really here for it. Like I've never been pranked this valad like I yeah, no, and he.
Speaker 2: Knows it's coming. But I said to him it won't be anytime soon because I don't want you to get like, you know, wind of it, but I will get you back.
Speaker 3: And adds a bit of spice to a relationship though, like in Sanse But then he's super ended and deleted video. Well yeah, on a lighthearted note, like you know, you have this this banta with your partner, which is really special, and then like yeah, but when is it too far?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I think maybe the egg was Honestly.
Speaker 3: I also just think like you guys are going through this journey of like baby and surrogency and just an egg just is not like yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: I can imagine like a vibrator or like condom.
Speaker 2: Or something was that the egg was expensive and eggs are expensive these days.
Speaker 3: And you know avocados, like do an avocado, they're fucking expensive.
Speaker 2: Speaking of avocados, you know what I fucking hate when you open an avocado and it's not ripe because you can't fix that ship. It's hard and it goes in the bin. But anyway, Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: I'll commercialize a little bit though. Yeah, but I get around it.
Speaker 2: I'm like you one hundred percent around it because you normally have your gals and Gallantines.
Speaker 3: Gazing Galantine gazing Galentine. Yeah, the last three or four years I've held a Gallantine. So when I first moved to Melbourne in twenty twenty one, just before the Bachelorette, I actually came to Melbourne for Galentines and it was with all First Nations women.
Speaker 2: So pretty cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just like booked an airbnban and like it was in Collingwood. So that's sort of you know, I get around the girls because I don't think I've really had a Valentine, like a proper Valentine. Yeah, so what about this yere air or yeah, oh I mean that year I had a very weird Valentine.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but you go like super cutesy with your Valentine like events, like you do the colors, the roses, the right to the pink little things. I saw on your story. I was like cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well this year I did have a Valentine, but they weren't in Melbourne, so I still got around the girls. You know, I organized a little Gallantines thing and I just sort of said to a few group charts that I have with some people, if you don't have a Valentine, like come over and like we'll just have like drinks and snacks and all kind of themed I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Said getting around the girls. Yeah, was that a hint at.
Speaker 3: She's I literally like have this like that like vision of myself literally walking in slow motion like throwing a paper in the air, and all of it is just like I'm back, Like she's back, She's she's back on the girl train. I mean I've been back a little bit. Like give me some grace.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you ever feel pressure because of how people see you in terms of being bisexual or pan sexual? Do you ever feel pressure that like if you're if you haven't been with someone of the same sex, that you're going to be labeled like not that.
Speaker 3: I think maybe like from yeah, a societal pressure. And I've read a lot of books around bisexually bisexuality and TV and I've never really like, I didn't really care for it to be fair in terms of like the views and everything that they have as a bisexual.
Speaker 1: Woman, because it kind of just gets dismissed, you know.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, they're just confused or they're greedy, and I'm just all these perceptions that you have on a bisexual woman. Like I just never felt, honestly, like, as much as I was the bisexual bachelorette, the word bisexual never really like just really felt like a whole of me.
Speaker 2: It sounded great for the title, though, but they have you know that sounds nice, Yeah, exactly tally four B. So they would have really capitalized on that sound.
Speaker 3: Because they actually asked me, if anything, if we go back in time and they you know, they're like, what do you want to be titled? And I was like, well, you're only casting men and women, so I can't really, you know, title myself a pan sexual Batchel because you're not really being gender diverse, you know what I mean, no non binary people on the show. So I was kind of confined to that in a sense. But when I think about my footy days and my queerness and growing up with a lot of queer women playing footy, Like no one was like, Hey, I'm Alisha, I'm bisexual, or like hey I'm Jane Doe and I literally I play forward but I'm also bisexual, Like no one was like that.
Speaker 1: It was like, hey, I'm my name and that's ime with.
Speaker 2: Hey I'm Maddie and I'm definitely straight, Like no, but yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, like you know, me doing my TED talk in twenty nineteen and was like how do you introduce yourself? That really mattered to me because I felt like how I ever like introduced myself wasn't really how people saw me. And I felt like The Bachelorette just really like it's exacerbated that and like that feeling of like, oh fuck, I just feel like I'm not in the driving seat, Like I feel like I'm just a passenger to these titles and it's fine, but anyways, going on a tangent now, but I feel like I have like a specific like specific girl or type when I want to date women, and it's like for me, it just like someone needs to spark like a visceral reaction.
Speaker 2: And sort of reaction like what is what is visceral reaction?
Speaker 3: Like honestly, everything like butterflies, like intensity of like like I'm attracted to them.
Speaker 1: I know that I'm attracted.
Speaker 3: To them, like I actually like look at them like I want to kiss them. And I don't even have that with men like at all, Like I literally feel like I'm putting up with men like in a sense, but like I have had that attraction, but that's come later. But for specific women, it has to have this like for me, yeah, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: I'm in a god what Yeah, Anyways, I had that.
Speaker 2: I'm opposite you looking at you and pretending that no one else is in studio, giving you the cue of like are you gonna introduce?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I had that with someone and it's such a weird and unusual like story in a sense. But I saw this girl, and you know, I made this like really subtle video like to let her know that I like her.
Speaker 1: And today it was bringing your girlfriend to work day. So my new girlfriend Miya is in studio.
Speaker 2: Ah, welcome Mia. I was gonna say, like Mia, like missing in action, but she's here now, not missing in action. Look, I've tried to get my boyfriend to come on this pod for so long, like I'm talking about maybe a year still hasn't happened, and so I mean it's a hard launch one day in and fresh yeah, one day in.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I only asked me yesterday, which was quite cute. I love this one day exclusive.
Speaker 2: So I want to go back to the video because you told me about this video when we finished the Apple Podcast and we were sitting there and we were debriefing, and she was like, I did this video and I was like.
Speaker 4: Okay, she says, it's subtle. It was like the least subtle thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was subtle to like my general audience, but like to me, it was not very subtle.
Speaker 1: It was like this like silly video.
Speaker 3: It was like a message to Santa, being like, hey, like still literally waiting for like my present, like I've been waiting, And I honestly feel like I said this to me.
Speaker 2: How did you know it was for you? Though? Like I need to I need to understand the link between you creating something, putting it on your story and you go she's speaking to me.
Speaker 4: It's because literally thirty minutes before she had followed me on all platforms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was pretty commented on my TikTok, liked my TikTok videos, and then once I followed her back half an hour later, there was this story that she put up being like, yeah, hey, Sanna, I just wondering, like, why has my present been delayed three years? I'm looking for a five to four brunette with like brown eyes or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I was like, and I called my best mate. I was like, is this play about us?
Speaker 2: I was like yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I have to take the bait.
Speaker 3: I kind of got your height wrong though, because I think I said five three five three yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, how are you supposed to?
Speaker 1: In my heart, I just took.
Speaker 3: A guess and you know, a leap of faith, so I didn't get it correct, but you know, I shot yeah, and I was like, fuck your six five blue eyes.
Speaker 1: Guy works in finance. I was like, this is what I want, like you know what I mean? Okay, that's pretty direct.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was like a bit more subtle the general public again, like to my audience, like they would be like, oh, yeah, this is just some queer shit that Brooks posting like whatever, and not thinking that it would be for anyone. And me knew and that was good because then I didn't think she would get it or like care enough to like get it so obvious, but your response was like such gold. I was like, fuck, okay, I cannot beat this in a sense. She comes back, She's like, hey, Santa called something about a delayed present.
Speaker 1: And then got me. I was like hooked. After that. I was like, humor is like one of the most attractive things and mirror.
Speaker 2: Did you reply that reply to the story? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was my slide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. That's a ballsy like line to throw out. And then you just came back and you're like, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: But can we talk about how.
Speaker 4: State?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ooh, I would love to know the first day that didn't No, So did you know off Brooke?
Speaker 5: Yes, but I didn't follow her, And to be fair, like i'd seen the Bachelorette, but I hadn't seen really anything else. So like when we were talking, I think we established that pretty quickly. But then she was like, oh, I'm literally moving back to Melbourne in like two weeks, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, that's annoying.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so I was like, okay, I need to see her before she goes because I don't want it to fizzle.
Speaker 4: She had like nice spanter, but I was like, I can't fizzle.
Speaker 5: So I was trying to like lock her in, but she was filming at the time, so she was like super busy. Anyway, somehow, like I did, we planned this date. So then like on the day comes and I said to Brooke, I've organized.
Speaker 4: Like, let's do a picnic. I was like, you've had a big week. Let me take the reins, I'll organize it.
Speaker 5: So I when I've got a freaking picnic basket. I packed this like oh yeah, I packed this whole picnic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And during the like at the start of the day, she was like, oh, can we do like three? And I was like yeah, sick yeah, because she was literally moving to the next day.
Speaker 4: So we planned it the night before, which.
Speaker 5: I kind of was like, oh, that's pushing it, but I was like whatever, yeah yeah, And so yeah, she's organized it for three and then she was like, I'm still packing. Can we push it back to six? And I was like, yes, sweet six, we'll do a sunset thing. I'm here for it, yeah, because that's where.
Speaker 2: I was, Yeah, I'm betraying, like yeah, brangeroo reserve.
Speaker 5: So then it gets to five thirty, A kid yeknot and I'm still like she should have left by now, but I was like whatever, like fashion of eight.
Speaker 4: But it's all good.
Speaker 5: It gets like five thirty and I get I cot this message being like super stressed. I'm not going to make it like I'm really sorry, which it was a genuine message. I'm not gonna lie like I did. I was like I did could now she felt bad, but she's like anyway, She's like, I'm really sorry, but if you ever find yourself in Melbourne, let me know otherwise are you free in March?
Speaker 1: This was December.
Speaker 2: She's like, I book you for martigraph March.
Speaker 4: I was like March.
Speaker 5: My date went from three pm to six pm to March. I was like that is that's fuel Like March, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Weight around too much.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh god. I was like I was upset.
Speaker 4: I was like damn it.
Speaker 5: But I was like whatever out what is meant to be will be, and then we just kept in touch.
Speaker 3: Mind you like my thinking around it was that you know, I potentially was going to move in Sydney. March was like my locked in sort of like date. But now things have sort of like changed a little bit with work, which I kind of knew as well, but I knew i'd be back in Sydney at some point. So my mentality was like, like I could have met up with you, like and I just think that I would have been like a not a very good version of myself because you saw my apartment, like I had to pack that whole thing up. I was a bit stressed and then drive like eight hours back to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: So like my I had the best idea. You should have asked her to go on the drive with you. That's what you should have done.
Speaker 1: That's a huge U haul, that's a huge date.
Speaker 2: Let's get to know each other. E fucking perfect that really liked each other by the end.
Speaker 5: Or you would have been like now this way, like I get to Melbourne and the like part ways to find myself.
Speaker 1: Home.
Speaker 4: Now that actually road trip telling really fun. I would actually love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I did say this to me or later like I'm glad that you know. Well. Our first day ended up being on FaceTime, which I didn't want. Hey, Like I was like no, no, like I was in my in my mind, I was like no, no, I want our first time to be like really present and I want to be in person, like I want her to gauge that I'm in it, you know what I mean? And yeah, anyways, our first date was on FaceTime. It was very cute, and then we just kept chatting from them and then I was like, Hey, having my birthday, do you want to just come? And honestly, this is the whole thing. If they want to, they will and I'm not over.
Speaker 2: I could have she could have had that same response to the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree that.
Speaker 3: I was literally gonna say that, I don't doubt, like, yeah, that's I was probably giving very flaky vibes, which was the opposite of what I wanted to give you. It was like like I wanted to let you know. But anyways, she booked flights straight away and was like coming. I was like, all right, great, do you want to come to stay with me? Stayed with me, my friends, my family, met my.
Speaker 2: Dad, baptism of fire. It was everyone in the room. Ye, how great, though, Like that's that gives you such a snapshot of Brooks world.
Speaker 4: It was, Yeah, that's honestly the best weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a highlight of my twenty twenty five already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, riding that high.
Speaker 3: I'm still riding a guy, Like my birthday was just so special, like beautiful. Yeah, I'm still remembering the words that you said dinner like it was so good. But yeah, anyways, fast forward, it's honestly not been obviously that long in terms of but when we calculated it in lesbian years, but like, yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 2: She goes years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we'll try to work out like how because we spent four days with each other.
Speaker 4: So she was like, okay, any dates would be in how many dates would be that.
Speaker 5: She's like, okay, so like a normal date goes like five hours. We spent four days together and so we like kind of did the math and she's like, so we've kind of been on like fifteen.
Speaker 4: Dates, like fifteenth dates.
Speaker 1: Why we married?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen dates. That's a lot lot. Yeah, but you live in Sydney, yeah, and Brooks in Melbourne. I know, so you it will take a little bit longer to you know, get to know each other in terms of like spacing out when you'll be together. And I think that might be a good thing, you know, for lesbians and gays as well, trust me, Like gays are the same, you know, Yeah, I know that well, we're very quick, like I am. I'm like, if I've dated someone for at least two months, then I would want to move in with them. You know. I've been like that, So I think that I'm quick like that. I think a lot of gay men are.
Speaker 4: I've had a lot of game in like pay me out for how oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean lesbians are quicker for sure, Like they're like you know, one month.
Speaker 4: We kept saying every time we FaceTime.
Speaker 5: We FaceTime every night, but every time we'd FaceTime, we'd be like, we're not you hauling it.
Speaker 4: We're not you hauling it. We're not you hauling it?
Speaker 2: What what do you all look like? If you did, I.
Speaker 4: Would have someone would have moved already.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's difficult because like my whole house is not that your house is not set up, but like I've got other people to be responsible for as well in a sense, so it'd be harder for me to move to Sydney.
Speaker 1: But I mean it would be a conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, but why do you go to Canberra.
Speaker 3: Halfway in Sydney and like, yeah, but anyways, are you doing Marti gra together.
Speaker 1: We haven't really even spoken about Mardi Gras.
Speaker 5: Yeah cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only just asked me to be my girlfriend yesterday, like officially, like both explicit, how did you do?
Speaker 4: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: I'll let me take this. People are interested.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I had already started saying, like my partner, my girlfriend, like I sort of cut my ties, cleared the fucking roster. I was like, I'm all in, baby, Like I was like having these real, like cutthroat conversations like goodbye, and so I literally did that in the first FaceTime.
Speaker 1: I was like a rat that was like I'm in a tizzy here.
Speaker 2: A bit of a would take some time sometimes too, you know, well I just.
Speaker 1: Don't want one. I would never ever fucking want to like yeah at all.
Speaker 3: And I also like, and that's I think that's a really good conversation to have. Like we were kind of making up this random comedy skit where like someone like really surprises you like and ask you out, and you're like, you say yes, and then you're like in the.
Speaker 1: Like see you like.
Speaker 2: That's great, but like it's funny.
Speaker 1: That's not what I was doing.
Speaker 3: Just to clarify, but it had been a you know, an interesting process because I'm like a very friendly person as well, and like I get a lot of messages and I'm like every time someone in a message, i'd be like, hey, yeah, it would be great to hang but just letting you know, like I'm seeing someone and I'm in a relationship, like you know. And I started already having those conversations. And then I actually hadn't asked me yet. Okay, so I asked her yesterday and anyway, you want to.
Speaker 1: Tell you how I asked so cute. I was at work.
Speaker 5: And Brooke messaged me and said, hey, what time are you going to be home. I'm going to go for a run. And I was like, I'll be home like half plast five and she's like, okay, sweet, plenty of time. It's like amazing. Anyway, I get home and I opened the door and she's like looking like a little doll.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, that's not giving. I just went for a run. I was like, oh, I guess she didn't. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I like she was all like giddy and like all sprightly, and I was like hey, and just like behind her on my kitchen bench was like this huge bouquet of flowers and a wine cupcakes and these three envelopes and I know, so cute. And I was like, and to be honest, I thought this was like a late Valentine's Day gift, yeah, because we didn't get to like spend Valentine's Day together. So I was like, okay, perfect, like we're just we're just yeah, touching up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that was straight away what my mind went too. And I was like, oh, that's really sweet.
Speaker 2: There wasn't an egg prank that was coming.
Speaker 4: No, maybe that's later, but yeah.
Speaker 5: I walked up to the bench and there was like these cupcakes and it said that she had like iced them and wrote in like icing.
Speaker 3: I thought, if I start off with something like really pathetic and funny, yeah, she'll have no inkling onto what's going to happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And so the cupcakes said you're cute. I like you a lot with a little love heart, and I was like, oh sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then there's three cards and it said option one, Option two, Option three, and she's like okay, like we're gonna go to go on a date night tonight. There's three options and you can choose where you want to go. I was like, okay, cool, So I opened option one and Option one was just like, oh, like we'll eat in, I'll cook you something and we'll just like watch uple side vinegar and yeah, have a nice date night. In the second one was open this yes second envelope and it was like we can go to the Oxford House and like have a hotel stay. I was like, ah yeah, I was like lovely and that was really cute. And I was like, oh, like, I was like, three options is so cute. And then the third card I opened it. Oh my god, I'm going to cry. The third card I opened it and it was like, I don't know, every time it gets me, it gets me. It's just been a rough time, so it's just really nice. But third card I opened and it was like, you can make me the happiest.
Speaker 4: Girl in the world. Will you be my girlfriend?
Speaker 5: And I was like I tell you, like my jaw hit the floor because I was not.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm videoed it as well.
Speaker 2: You're looking for the third option. I was like the other day yeah.
Speaker 5: And so I literally I was like are you and I just started crying and then she's like how do you feel?
Speaker 4: Are you good? Are you sad? Are you happy? Are you are you nervous? And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I was like, of course, oh, that's so cute.
Speaker 3: So the two other options were really just like how do you want to celebrate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I already had in my mind.
Speaker 2: So then what did you do after?
Speaker 1: What did you choose?
Speaker 4: We stayed at the Oxford House.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, beautiful, so nice.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful stay.
Speaker 1: It was the best.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I seriously feel like, I don't know, very happy.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. That is a hard launch. We've done it right here on the first things first, and our producers standing in the back looking very happy and proud over there.
Speaker 4: Hard launch, I've been posted.
Speaker 3: I know. Well, if you think about how long we've had this podcast and absolute turmoil and shitty but you know, comedic slash, you know, content heavy dates and fun show over the lineup of dudes that updated, Like, yeah, it actually feels amazing.
Speaker 2: This is for love, not for the plot.
Speaker 1: Finally, no, mirror is not a plot line.
Speaker 4: I mean good plot. It's a great long plot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, there you have it. We've got to wrap up.
Speaker 3: But congratulations, thank you, thanks for listening to our love story.
Speaker 1: It actually does feel like a bit of a love story.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny. The views at home won't know this, but this episode had nothing to do with this and and we are so like, I'm so happy that it did because it's like you too, genuine love and I'm really happy for you both.
Speaker 3: It started with a prank and it ended with a love story. That's how this lesson Valentine's Day goes.
Speaker 2: That's how your Valentine's stage.
Speaker 1: No, we love you anyways. That's all we have time for today. Thank you so much for listening to First things.
Speaker 2: First, If you love what you hear, leave us a rating or a little review. If you want to hear anything else on the pod, reach out by our socials.
Speaker 3: My handle is at Brooked up Let and Matti's handle is at It's Maddie Miles and.
Speaker 2: Where can they find me? No, I'm kidding
Speaker 3: The episode and you might know show notes sew bye