Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale, I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style with the.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 2: He's in a trash bin.
Speaker 1: He's non recyclable. Catching her up.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are delighted to welcome back to the studio our amazing manifestation coach, Maddie Summers.
Speaker 2: You loved it last time when she came and visited us, so today we have her back and to discuss the reasons why you may be attracting unavailable and toxic men.
Speaker 3: Maddie will answer all of our juicy questions, is sexual chemistry enough and what your energy may be telling others.
Speaker 2: Stick around to find out the reason why you keep going back to your toxic x.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for life gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Maddie.
Speaker 1: So excited to be back. I'm loving the green today. I know it's a little poper color fabulous Scorpio, I am beware. Yeah, why beware?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like Scorpio has got a pretty bad wrap. Is she what she like? What one?
Speaker 2: Lara is a bit she's fiery, fiery, Yeah, she knows what she wants. She's stay on the line. Is that what you are?
Speaker 1: I love that? Yeah, I am. But then it's also a water sign, so we're like deeply emotional. Not people think we're a fire sign and we're all fiery. I think we're just deeply emotional, which can make us what's cancer. We're the most compatible, man, we're the most compatible friends. Taurus and Scorpio incredible best friends. Really, it's so interesting, Seah, I just love it.
Speaker 3: I'm loving this already.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What have you been manifesting lately? Oh? So much since last time we've spoken. I feel like so much has happened, and so much has happened with you with the wedding. You've manifested marriage. I know, crazy, crazy, my dream man, he was manifested from the very first time we spoke about it to now. It's happened so quickly, I know, isn't it wild?
Speaker 3: It's crazy to think that, like I wrote a letter of a guy who encompassed everything I wanted and I got that and so much more.
Speaker 1: It's crazy exciting. It's so exciting. Do you know what Matt was saying.
Speaker 3: Actually, he was like we were talking because obviously you were coming in today, and He's like, I don't believe in manifestation, but everything I've manifested has happened.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, nah, so yeah, what I said was I said, was look, I like I said last time, I don't not believe in it. I think that there's nothing wrong with having a positive mindset, you know, like thinking about what you want you get there, Like, nothing wrong with that. But I said, if you think about five years ago, I was, you know, sitting at Smoko, like sitting there eating my lunch, listening to radio, and I was like, I want to do this, I want this, I want to be at this place of my job. I want to be doing this. And literally five years later, everything I'm doing everything that I well, you can say it's manifesting, but I said I wanted to do I'm doing it, but it happened. But is that hard work? Is that just doing the right things? Being in the right place at the right.
Speaker 3: Time, like believing what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like what do you think what did you do between that smoker and now, like with your energy and with everything, Like even the things that you did physically, what did you do together?
Speaker 2: Well, I say, for instance, get to the job I wanted to do. I literally worked hard and I was just convincing the right people to move me into that position. Is that manifesting or is that just you believed it?
Speaker 1: If you're convincing yourself, that's the thing I think. If you're convincing other people as well, you had to have a pretty deep root of belief that it was going to happen for you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I knew what I was good at doing, and I knew that's where the business would literally find the best for me and the best out of me.
Speaker 1: That's the groundwork for it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Manifestations is not like this crazy, hectic like I said last time, like floating above the earth. It's just knowing what you want and knowing that it's going to happen because you know that you deserve it and you're good at it, and then taking the aligned action Like that's manifestation.
Speaker 2: I put my crystals out in the full moon. Yeah. Actually, Sen and I bought a bunch of them when we went and went away, and then we put them out on the back of the ute tray just to get the full sun on and just you know, I got to get the full charge. I was like, someone's going to steal them because we're in some motel. Someone's going to knock them off.
Speaker 3: If they weren't fully charged, they wouldn't have stole them.
Speaker 1: But since they they're out of the people know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've got them on my window lags now, Like did I tell you last time, I have the money one the money crystal to bring money into your life. And it started to like crumble and my sister change the dust like fuk mat. That's not a good sign. And I'm like, this is a good sign because I sprinkled some of my money tin. I put some in my wallet, I put somewhere on my wallets and I put some like in where I keep my money's in my car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring something.
Speaker 1: Over from me, everyone, Yeah, just wallet, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that was generating money. Yeah, you feel like it on my cards, my post cards, Oh my gosh, you've got full.
Speaker 1: In you say you're not into manifestation from last time I was here doing stuff like that. That's hectic. I love it. He's a believer.
Speaker 2: Was like fully into it. Yeah, she was.
Speaker 1: And you're open to a lot of things, very open.
Speaker 3: He's an open person, which is why I think you kind of get around it.
Speaker 2: This is something that I should touch on. We had you on last time. I remember I sung the Checks in the Mail song. I got a job from that, from a photo shoot that I did, had resold again in the next two days. I got it. I got a in the mail still I swear in my life, then again I did. I had done this already with Jen and her sister. I sung it to them and then the next day we were driving up to the beach house in New South Wales and the next day I woke up and I had another one Checks in the Mail.
Speaker 1: You should release this album the Male and everyone just.
Speaker 2: Gets through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So hopefully after this, now between.
Speaker 1: That and your dusted crystals, mate, things are looking up are looking up.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Look, we have had so many people on our Facebook group asking a huz about trying to avoid toxic men, and they loved tearing everything you had to say. So we are going to touch on all things toxic and unavailable men next, okay, Maddie. So firstly, let's start with why people keep attracting toxic men.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is such a huge topic lately. I feel like it's so juicy because it's so layered. So many of my clients and friends at the moment are really experiencing this like influx of toxic men and unavailable men. You know, I'm not too sure what's happening in the world. Maybe it's really coming out of COVID and people are like, Okay, I don't just want a date anymore. I really want those relationships. You know. People, a lot of my clients at least and friends are really coming to the stage where they're like, Okay, I want someone, I want something big and meaningful, and then they keep getting stuck in this pattern of getting these unavailable toxic quote unquote men. And there are so many reasons to this, and this is why it's such a good topic because, like I said in our last meeting together, it all comes back to, you know, sort of what your energy is doing, what your deep rooted beliefs are, and then within that there's so many layers as well.
Speaker 2: What defines a toxic man then that they're going for.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, This is a point too, And I think the question that you shouldn't really be asking is why do I keep attracting toxic men? But why am I attracted two toxic men? And I think this is a really big question because it's something that's going on in your subconscious and your psyche. So each toxic man is going to look different to each woman totally, and each man, you know, it's going to look different. So you've got to figure out, Okay, what's going on in my psyche that makes that not a match to me? And an unavailable man, well, that's obviously someone that's you know, stated I don't want a relationship, or they're not ready for a relationship, or they're not showing you the signs that they ever want to be in a relationship. That's unavailable. But when it comes to toxic it's those games and those traits and those power trips that make that man toxic or woman. You know, it's not just men, women as well. It can be toxic and manipulative. So you've got to think, Okay, why am I attracted to that? Type of person. This is so juicy because there are so many reasons and it does come back to, Okay, what's gone on in my deep rooted belief system, and that does come back to family dynamics. So something that Jay Sheddy always talk which is really interesting is from your parents, you get either a gift or a gap. So they'll either gift you with something in your childhood like a lot of love or a lot of attention in this area. But then there's a gap, which is maybe they didn't show you the right kind of love, like maybe a parent walked out, or maybe it was a really hostile environment at home, or maybe they didn't come to your football games, or there was a gap there where you felt like you lacked something that you needed. And so within our relationships as an adult, we look to fill those gaps with that person. So we go, Okay, you need to take up that space and fill that gap, and we put all of that on our partner and with the gift that our parents gave us, so a lot of love or a lot of attention, whatever it may be, something more specific, we look for them to also give that.
Speaker 2: I say we expect that as well, because what happens if you had one parent that overcompensated for the other one. Yeah, so like you're wanting them to give you that, but no one can compete with that one totally.
Speaker 1: And I think the main issue here is that you are looking exterior for someone to fill something with you, and this.
Speaker 3: Is so toxic because you shouldn't try to fill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's toxic, but in the same way, it's of course we would feel that way because we're so conditioned. Like look even at movies or songs, it's called like the Hollywood effect, right, So Beyonce's got crazy in love and then you know, we expect someone to be outside our window in the pouring rain, singing us songs or love is meant to look like a roller coaster where he deceives me, but then he you know, he begs to have me back and he gets me back and it's exciting and it's passionate, it's insane. And we look at all of these songs and movies and books and we go, that's love. Where is it? And then we get into a relationship that's easy and lovely and beautiful and go, oh, bored, this isn't love, This isn't what I'm meant to have boring. I've got the ick where they go, oh this feels easy, what's wrong with them? Because this isn't replicating how I've seen love at home. How I've seen love is my parents being hostile, or someone leaves, or you know, feeling neglected. So I need to constantly chase for love. You know, maybe there's a parent that didn't give me love some comfortingly going I need love. I need love. I need love, And when they don't show that love, then we go, oh, okay, that's what love is. So then when we get into a relationship and they give us all that love, we go, oh, this doesn't fit with my nervous system. My nervous system is used to a different type of love, so it literally in our physical body feels wrong.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying that's different to manifesting them. That's what your condition to what your brain is wired in that way to expect that and to look for that in a relationship. Well, is that like the meaning of manifesting it into your life?
Speaker 1: Manifestation is that is a huge part of manifestation because, like I said last time, the second step in manifestation is working through your limiting beliefs is working through those blockages, because, like I just said, that's your energy, that's what you're putting out there. This is what you want, that's what you're getting clear with the universe. The first step of manifestation is all of those things. I want this type of guy, I want to feel this certain way ABC and that. If you don't work through that those blockages, if you don't bring awareness to where your gifts and gaps are to what you're wanting to call in, if you don't bring awareness and work towards healing them, then that's what you're going to call in. That's what you're manifesting.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's pretty easy though to save work on stuff though, Like I know that human brain is fully formed by the age of seven, so like what they expect and what they've used to seeing is like ingrained in them. So how do you recommend then, like breaking that because that's obviously would be very hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hallelujah, happy days you can. Thank God you can. It's being proven through signs through all of these studies. You can literally rewire your neurological pathways in your brain to think and feel different ways. Insane that's like the beauty of this manifestation work is there's so much neuroscience behind it that really does back it up. These first steps in clearing the blockages, you can heal these different pathways and these different thought processes. But the first thing you need to do, and if you are someone that's listening to this and you're experiencing, you know, these sort of patterns or this is resonating with you all you have, the first thing you have to do is bring awareness to it and go, Okay, what are these patterns? Because a lot of the time, these beliefs that we have are so deep rooted that they're subconscious and we go, no, it's just all the guys, it's just all the girls, It's just all the things that keep happening to me, or it's like other people, or even if this is just the way I am, this is just who I am, and they don't realize, oh okay, there's actually a lot of layers under the surface that have been so suppressed or they happened between the ages of zero and seven that it's forgotten about, but we remember it physically through our nervous system. Through going Love is meant to make me feel like a roller coaster. It's meant to feel crazy in love. It's meant to feel all these certain ways, and when it's my nervous system isn't used to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that I do in my relationship, like you're saying, I want to be stimulated. So if there's no like stimulating in the relationship, which is like arguments or anything like that, I don't feel like it's proper, you know what I mean, like a relationship, because that's what I was used to. So I did a bit of investigating myself about it and how did you go? Well, that's where I came to the conclusion about like my ADHD and all that sort of stuff that because every relationship had like the same pattern in it, and I was like, it's not the girls at this point, it's fucking me.
Speaker 1: I'm the common denominator.
Speaker 2: I was like yeah, I was like, I'm like, like, not every girl's the same, you know what I mean? Like I have to be here to take accountability for myself.
Speaker 1: And even saying that, you're thirty thousand steps ahead of so many other people that are going through this because people aren't willing to acknowledge the fact that Okay, I am the common denominator here, what is going on? And really do that inner curiosity, that inner work, and that first step is the hardest, and that's going Okay, where has this come from? This has come from a hostile home environment. This is manifesting in relationships, which is super common, by the way, and it can be to an extreme or it can be the fact that you know, maybe someone now as a people pleaser because there was conflict in their home and they were maybe the eldest sibling and they tried to keep the peace.
Speaker 2: When you say, like rewire your brain, what happens if you do have like a neuro deficiency or something like that, like in your brain, like a mental illness like depression or something ain't like that? How do you rewire that then? Like isn't that actual chemicals in your brain? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's more a question for a doctor. No, No, well totally. Still we do it there, Yeah, you can do it. And like depression and anxiety, they are chemically and in your brain, you know, and so is everything. So all of these things, it's literally chemicals that you can see in your brain being imbalanced, and you can heal those things. But something's like anxiety and depression. That's why people go to you know, medical doctors, and there are ways that you can you know, take medications or work through therapy or do all these things that you really can rewire those thought processes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's capable. I can definitely relate to what you're saying. Just even hearing you saying that, I just like can picture myself in these toxic relationships with toxic cycles and being me being toxic and I'm being accountable for that, but also the other person being toxic and remembering myself getting to a point and being like, I never want to be in a relationship like this again. It's exhausting, it doesn't serve me, and it's just a waste of my time. And I feel like, literally six months later I met Michael, you know, like how crazy.
Speaker 1: But I remember even through our coaching, we worked through a lot of those things, being like, Okay, what's going on? Why am I again in a relationship that is quite you know, hostile? Yeah, you know it is those and it's good. It's so so good, you know those friends that you have with like oh the guy when it's good, it's so so good. But when it's bad, it's really really bad. Yeah, they're addicted to that feeling.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I remember. It's that addiction to that feeling because it's what's familiar, or it's because it's something you're trying to feel, or a multitude of different reasons that, Yeah, being able to work through it is.
Speaker 3: I remember saying to you, like, we've only fought once this week, and you were like, that's still not good, and I was like, oh, really, we've not thought.
Speaker 2: It depends on the depths of the fight. Everyone everyone should agree totally.
Speaker 1: And that's something that definitely I should preface. I don't want people going out and just seeking these boring relationships, Like you shouldn't feel bored in a relationships. Feel stimulated and challenged and excited, and there should be disagreements. That's healthy, that's important. But there's a difference between feeling stimulated in a relationship and being addicted to these dramatic highs and dramatic lows totally and looking at a relationship at a step back and going, Okay, is this really nourishing me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What would you say then to girls that are looking for a guy and they go he's toxic. He's toxic. But it might just be that the bloke's unt available and he's not really looking to date someone, and you've put a lot of eggs in his basket and he's just turned around and said, not what I'm looking for. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like I said, there is a difference between toxic and unavailable men. You know, an unavailable man will come to a relationship and be like, you know, maybe I'm not looking to date, and a toxic man will do things that sort of manipulate or playing the games or you know, a multitude of different que unquote fut boy, bread crubbing you, yeah, bread crumbing a little.
Speaker 3: Bit here, yet I like.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, whatever it may be. But you have to recognize the difference there. But then also know that you have to stand in the truth of what you want. So Mark Groves has this really great quote, which is if you don't stand in the truth of what you want, you'll inevitably get what you don't want. And a lot of girls will twist and turn their boundaries when they meet someone that they're like, oh, well, I really like him, and he said to me, oh, you know, I'm unavailable. I'm not looking for a relationship, and so the girl then twists her values, her boundaries and goes, well, maybe I'm not looking for a relationship too, Maybe I just want to have sex. Maybe I just want to, you know, play the game for a little while. Maybe I do, when in actual fact, that's not what she wants at all. She wants a deep rooted, valuable relationship. And so then she goes into this relationship with the fuck boy who's clearly stated the unavailable man, sorry not fuck boy, the unavailable man, going, you know, I don't want a full committed relationship, and then she goes in down the track somewhere he'll go, oh, I'm actually sleeping with other people, or I don't want to see you anymore, whatever it may be, and she'll go heartbroken, gutted, and he'll be like, well, I stood in the truth of what I want, and she didn't stand in the truth of what she wanted, and she inevitably got what she did not want.
Speaker 3: And the thing is is when you don't stand in your own truth, it's actually very unattractive to the other person. Like if I know I dated a guy wants and everything I said he just agreed with or like he would. I could see him changing his boundaries to just do what I wanted. And he never stood up and said like, this is what I'm looking for, this is what I want, And it's just not attractive when someone just does.
Speaker 1: What you want to do all the time. And you're also putting that message to the universe, going this is what I want. I want, you know, I want these mixed signals. I don't. I want all of these, you know, men that are unavailable. That's what I'm saying. I'm wanting. That's what my actions are going. So the universe is just going to give you more of that type of man. You're going to reaffirm those beliefs. You're going to reaffirm those He.
Speaker 2: Said to Anna as well before we came on here, because we're talking about the unavailable man and that, and I said that if my mum told me the other day, she said, if you actually listen to people, they tell you what they want. Yeah, what they want in between the lines of what they're saying, everyone's telling you what they want and like literally what they're going to do. Everything, everything telling you and you need to see those not red flags, but you need to see those alarms, those you know, those what would you call it, they're trying to tell you what they're trying to.
Speaker 1: Believe what people tell you. And also in saying that, a lot of the time people that are so shrouded with their own stuff going on, their own beliefs, their own traumas, can't see it. They can't break through, which is why it's so important. The first step is to come back to you. And I know that sounds so bloody cheesy, but it is so important that you've got to come back to you. What do you actually want? What do you value? And this is why when you're writing a list of the list of the things that you want in a partner, don't just list tall, blonde hair, whatever it may be. List how you want to feel in a relationship asolutely. Because I had a client recently be like, he filled every single thing on my list and now I don't have him. Well, what was on your list? And she listed, Okay, his occupation, how much he earned, what he looked like, what he did for fun, all of these things, but she not once mentioned how I want to feel. And then when she did write that list of okay, well, I want to feel loved nourished. I want to feel like I've got their attention. I want to feel sexy, I want to feel needed, whatever these things were. Then I made her look at that list. I'm like, well, did he make you feel that way in those few dates?
Speaker 2: No, we do, say, we do some on a first date. Don't worry if they like you, worry if you like.
Speaker 1: Them totally, totally. It's so important, but girls just disregard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, people get sucked into sexual chemistry and that's just not enough, is it.
Speaker 1: No, sexual chemistry can be sort of this twisty windy, a little bit of a devil road. So people put so much emphasis and value onto sexual chemistry. It doesn't even have to be chemistry. Just sexual chemistry is chemistry in general. They meet someone and they go, oh my god, there was all this sexual tension. It was so hot, we're meant to be The sex was amazing, or even if they didn't have sex, you know, the making out was so good whatever it was, and then working out, yeah, amen's stuff. But this is the trap, right, This is the trap because you get trapped in that and when you are having sex, it releases oxytocin and oxytocin makes you feel like you're in love. It releases the hormone of you're in love. And so if you have sex on the first few dates or whatever it is, or or a lot at the start of a relationship, your body is giving you that feeling of being in love. You've got that sexual chemistry. We've put so much emphasis on. It's conditioned into us to be like, but how is the chemistry?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So much so that we disregard all of the other important stuff, like how does he, you know, make you feel? What are his values? Do you really actually get along? Do you want the same things in life? Does he want to live in Australia? Do you want to live you know, wherever? Whatever it may be. And then there's all this beautiful, passionate sexual chemistry, and then that fades off, or know, the stigma of it fades off, and then you're left with, oh, fuck, you know, there's all this other stuff that's left unsaid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, but fuck I love good sexual chemistry. I have to say, beats some good even just even hearing you say it.
Speaker 2: I was like to get back to some slack and people have sexual chemistry.
Speaker 3: I was and I was like, yeah, Matt was saying to you he had some great sex, and I was like, yeah, man, like had some great sex.
Speaker 2: And then you're talking about that and we're both.
Speaker 1: Like, I leave it to it. I mean, it's true, but you need it, right, you need it. You need to have that sexual chemistry. Obviously you don't want to see your partner and be like, you know, but you need to. You need to have some type of attraction. You need the funny flowries. But we can't put so much value on it that it's the most important thing. You know. People will be like, oh, he doesn't do this, he doesn't like this, he doesn't do that. But the chemistry was amazing, So I'm just got to forget all that.
Speaker 2: That's where you need to sort of tickle the other boxes and then they don't have mystery.
Speaker 1: Then it's well that's important too. You know that that is important. But things like sexual chemistry can be developed, but sometimes I can't, you know, So it's just it's case ruling.
Speaker 2: Fucking what's it called, like list of stuff that you need to find.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing about dating, which Maddie and I were talking about the other night, is like ninety nine percent of the dates that you go on with someone, they're going to end like it's not going to work out, and it's it just takes one person, just one person, not even one percent, just one person for it.
Speaker 1: All to be just put to the side.
Speaker 3: And then you meet the dream person and you're like, finally, I'm happy, I can relax. So it's about enjoying the journey, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: And each person that you date, even if it might not seem so at the time, is teaching you a lesson and they're pulling you one step closer to that dream person. And a lot of the time clients will come and be like, oh we broke or it didn't work out, and I'm gutted, and I always feel like saying, congratulations, this has just redirected you and you're one step closer to that person, because, like I spoke about last time, there's that sort of shift and there's that space in manifestation where you do all your parts, and just before you get your manifestation, the universe will test you and they'll give you a massive curve ball, they'll give you a massive challenge and then go, okay, can you handle it? And right after that usually ninety percent of the time your manifestation will come. We talk about.
Speaker 2: Before that is there worse one?
Speaker 1: Maybe then that's telling you that there's lessons that you haven't healed. Maybe you've got the lesson and you've been like, yo, yeah, that's right, but you haven't done the work to sort of go in deeper and heal it. And so the universe will keep showing you the same lesson, the same lesson, the same lesson. It'll do the same thing, repeat and repeat and repeat until you heal it. So maybe it's a sign to work through it. But like you said before, you're like a fuck. It's grueling process. It is a grooling process. It sounds that when you're listening like okay, this and this and this, but it's when you're in those moments, moment to moment and you've done the work on yourself and you truly know who you are, what your gifts and gaps are, who you are to the core. It's so easy because you've just done this massive filtration on your life. You've done a massive filtration on all these women or men that would have come through before and you would have maybe dated for a while and seen how it gone, and then got heart broken and gone through the process again. But if you do the work on you first, and you discover what you know your little traumas are, or what your big traumas are, or you know what's holding you back, what are your beliefs, and you heal them, then it's going to be so clear because you'll meet a girl and she won't give you the feelings that you desire, she won't give you the values that you've so clearly known that is so important to you, and you'll go, oh, actually, I don't have to go through this process with you, because I know.
Speaker 2: That's what I've said to Anna, because Ana can't believe that, Like obviously I'm single now and I'm not going out there and dating and all that sort of stuff, but I've said I can't. But I've said that like literally, while I'm like at the moment i'm single, I'm still obviously hanging out with Jen we saw each other last all that sort of stuff, and I'm staying at my mom's. I just want to work on myself, Like I'm not putting any energy into anyone else, if it's like Jen or another girl or anything like that. I'm just trying to literally focus on myself and like you said, like I'm going to psychologist psychiatrists, trying to be the best version of myself.
Speaker 1: That's amazing all those Yeah, And I think that's really important. And being on your own is so important, and that's something that is especially stune.
Speaker 2: I think I lost that because it was like literally like it was like here us straight into like moving in with my mate, straight into Jen and I've just forgotten who the fuck like I was to hang out by myself.
Speaker 1: But do you know what, though, I'm not surprised, and so many people face what you're facing because we're so conditioned to believe that being alone means we're lonely, and being alone equals loneliness. And it comes back to like at the school yard, like if you were sitting on your own at lunch, that's absolute social suicide.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like you can't sit on your own. If I'm on my own, it's gonna look terrible. I don't want to live on my own. I want to be on my own. And all the movies, they always end up with someone. If I'm alone, I'm lonely.
Speaker 2: Another one of my excess did say that to me once. She was like, you need to learn how to be alone and not feel lonely. She's like, you need to like and I was like, I do love my own time, but it gets to a point when I'm like, oh, like, you know, somebody could be here cuddling me, and if it's yeah, you know what I mean, I want that. And it's like, so I got it. I'm learning how to be alone now and like actually enjoy it and I'm loving haven't I said that ip saying to you, I love it.
Speaker 3: I know that you think I'm shocked that you're not dating, but I think it's it's more just it's such a change and so much growth for you because from that's last relationship. He literally went straight out and was just like, mister, like you basically had like a sticker on your head saying I am available.
Speaker 1: You were like, you know what that is, that's filling a gap.
Speaker 2: I've always said that, that's me single. Yeah. I always said that episode, like a previous episode that did not work for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't want doesn't work for a lot of people though.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is is I'm actually proud of you. For going about your break up the way you have, because, as Maddie said, it is amazing to learn to be alone and to really like think into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, thanks, No, it is, it is. It's really really important because if we just go straight out, like I said, it's like you are just looking to fill the gaps and even you know, on this journey for you now and this version of you, it's going to be so cool for you to realize. Okay, when are the moments where I think, Okay, I really do want to cuddle or I really do want someone. Is that because I do want that companion or is it because I'm trying to fill a gap or is there something that I'm I'm missing within myself? And where can I feel that for myself before I find it?
Speaker 2: Why I'm holding off buying Dashy, I just don't want to fill that void, but I have now and then you.
Speaker 1: Know, self development.
Speaker 3: If Matt got a dog, that's not really filling in a gap because it like it is, but like.
Speaker 1: I think that's healthy.
Speaker 3: That's a healthy way.
Speaker 1: Puppies are for life for sure. Yeah that's healthy, Matt.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe I'll keep looking into it. Like I said, I just yeah, I want to be right in my life before I get on. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that's important too, no matter what it is, even if it's a new pair of jeans. You know, you want to feel like, Okay, am I doing this because this is going to add to my life? Or am I doing this to fill a void in my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think just going on the journey of like dating and just appreciating every single moment and then learning a lesson and taking something out, as you said, from each situation is the best way to date because then it's like you're taking less things personal when they don't work out, because you're almost expecting them to not work out, but you're just kind of in joying and living in the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting you say that you're expecting them not to work out, because that again comes back to limiting beliefs, right, And if you've got the deep rooted belief that every man is going to leave me, or that all men are shit and there are no great men out there, then no matter what you do, you've got those rose colored glasses on and you are looking for those men subconsciously that are going to let you down. You're looking for the men that don't treat you well because that's what you've conditioned yourself to believe. And then again if they don't get that, your nervous system's like, who, well, well, this isn't reaffirming what you truly believe. Absolutely not so sure.
Speaker 2: I said before, I've changed the way, and I've taken responds to you that I'm not. They're not the problem more me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's changing that belief system is huge because once you change that new adopt new beliefs, which is one of the last steps, adopting those new beliefs and taking them as your own and reaffirming them, and those new beliefs will again create that filtration system and it won't feel grueling dating because you'll be so clear on what it's meant to feel like, what you want to feel like, and the universe is just going to deliver it to you the energy're putting out.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about why working on yourself first is so important. Next.
Speaker 2: Okay, Maddie, So, how does your energy determine what manifestation show up into your life?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean a lot of what we've just been speaking about, right, So we're all vibrating in a frequency and like attracts like so things are the similar frequency to us, are like a magnet to us. So, like I just said, if your belief system, which is creating your energy again manifests. If your belief system is low in things like lack and all guys are shit and there's no good people out there, and even subconsciously if you're just telling yourself no, I will find someone. But subconsciously you've got all this shit going on that's going to create a low frequency and you're going to again attract people at that low frequency.
Speaker 3: Okay, Maddie, So how do our listeners manifest the right partner? So let's just say they've been dating for a while, they've had no luck. They kind of like at their wits end, you know, They've we've got all of these limiting beliefs of like I'm never going to meet someone, I'm going to be single and alone forever. How do they find that right person?
Speaker 1: I think like I've said, and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but you have to come back to yourself. It's so so important. You have to spend time in solitude, you have to spend time on your own. You have to spend time really doing the inner work and going who do I want to be? How do I want to feel in love? Because that's the most important thing, And then looking, Okay, what are my traumas, what are my beliefs, and how are they affecting the way that I love? How has my upbringing affected the way that I love? Start to ask yourselves these hard questions. Yeah, because a lot of the time it's easier to just be like, there's no good guys out there, I'm never going to find someone dating shit, Maybe I'll just sleep around. Maybe I do always want to you know, fuck boy, whatever it may be. It's easier to do that instead of going, Okay, what's going on within me? Yeah, which is you know what you've been doing, and it's easier to do other things. But at one stage or another, you're gonna get sick of it and you're gonna get tired, and you're going to go, why is this not working for me? Because these patterns are occurring because, like I said, you have not healed something in your past. You have not healed your inner child, you have not healed your beliefs, you have not healed your upbringing. So these things are going to keep coming and coming and coming and coming until you heal it. So if you've got a pattern, thank the Lord because you can be like, Okay, great, there's a reason I've getting this pattern over and over again. This is a sign to go inward.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon this? Saying it'll happen when you least expect it is kind of just like a bit of a cop out statement that we say to our single friends.
Speaker 1: I think this is a really interesting one because I think it'll happen when you least expect it. For me, if you look at this in regards to releasing control, then I think it's great because so many women, especially right now, we are all in our masculine energy. This masculine energy is very much do we do do? We have to control, We have to make things happen. We're going to get the thing, and masculine energy is great, we all need it, but we need a balance. But as a society, women are so out of their feminine energy and we're all in this masculine so we need to control. So we're in this like no, this has to work out, and I need to find a guy by this time, and I haven't found a guy, so I'm going to go you know, date date, date, date data, or I'm going to look at all these people or whatever it may be, trying to get control of a situation, which is very much this masculine energy, but that controlling energy is very low frequency. Like think of if you're dating someone, Matt and you can sort of sense that she's like you know, triple messaging or you know, sort of that like controlling energy where she's trying to sort of shift and change things about you maybe.
Speaker 2: Or control me very quickly once they realize they can't, they life's a lot easier, don't fucking appen me.
Speaker 1: Realize going, well it is, It's like that, it sort of it has that desperate sort of controlling energy, which is unattractive in the first place, you know, and that low energy of needing to control always does come back to self worth. It comes back to fear, and it's low vibration. So if we relinquish the control and surrender to the universe and you work on yourself and you do all the things you need to do and then go when it happens, it will happen. And that sort of comes back to it will happen when you least expect it, because you've released that control of it needs to happen by this time and this date.
Speaker 3: So how do we get back into our feminine more?
Speaker 1: Then, there's heaps of ways you can get back into your feminine And I do a lot of masculine and feminine work in my work with my clients because it's so important for men as well to have a balance of masculine and feminine. And there are so many different ways that you can do this, and a lot of you know, the sort of easiest, superficial ones, so the things like going and having a bath and you know, getting a massage and grounding your feet on the earth and all of these different things connecting to mother Nature. But more so it's going back and doing that work as well and going, Okay, what am I trying to control? Why is this being conditioned into me? And answering those So things like journaling through it is so important, meditating on your inner child, releasing that control, Women asking for what they want, women expressing their emotion because a lot of the time, now you know, if a woman was to cry in the workplace, it's like, oh my god, she's being so dramatic, or she's hysterical. Yeah, she's hysterical, exactly right, And oh she's crazy, and all of these things for a woman just expressing her emotions. And we've all got those friends or you know, people we know that don't show any emotion because they see emotion as a sign of weakness. That is a woman suppressing her feminine energy.
Speaker 2: Sign of strength.
Speaker 1: Me too, And that's a beautiful thing to find in your feminine energy. And that's releasing that beautiful feminine withinside you, you know, and releasing that control. Feminine is very much being and masculine is very much doing, and we need both. It's yin and yang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need both.
Speaker 1: It's about releasing that control and being and going with the floor.
Speaker 2: So it's almost like at least when you least expect is once you found that right spot, it's going to happen sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like releasing their control and knowing that it will be when it will be. You know, I think that's a better phrase to use, rather than it will happen when you least expect it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I f like that. What is the worst advice you can give someone who is actively trying to manifest the right person into their life.
Speaker 1: Rushing into it, I think is the worst thing you can do, or taking on too many people's opinions, or taking on other people's idea of what love should be, because every single person is on their own path. Every single person views love differently and wants to receive love differently. Yeah, I think this is your sole path, and like you're doing right now, this work, this inner healing is so unique to you, you know, And obviously you can seek professional help that is going to guide you. But if everyone's selling, oh, you should do this, and you should do this, and you should do this, then it's going to clout your judgment.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It is a concern though, Like we see so many movies where you know, Prince Charming comes and sweeps off our savor day. Yeah, and you, as a young girl, you kind of do like expect that.
Speaker 2: I think this generation grew up on a lot of Disney films and expect expect it, but expect it to come like straightaway.
Speaker 3: Yes, but also just like not being open to people like he doesn't look like my Prince Charming. It's so no, because look, I've been on dates where I wasn't like that attracted to the person initially, but then they opened their mouth and I was like, wow, like I'm attracted to who you are, like your personality, You're funny, You're bringing so much energy to the table, like all of this type of thing, and like, what would you say to someone who's just like really not giving anyone a chance.
Speaker 1: I think that's really important too, And that again is sort of that control, right, It's that masculine of like, well, it has to be this certain way. I have to tick it off all in the boxes, and he has to tick everything off in all my boxes. Which is why again I change that list and make it more feminine by going, okay, we still got the list, but how do you want to feel? Because so many women, yes, are so set on well he has to have be in this pay bracket and he has to do this, and he has to look like this, or he has to come and sweep me off my feet. But until you truly engage with someone, and you meet someone and you notice how they make you feel, then you're never gonna know. And so many women are like, oh, there's no good guys out there. It's because they're only looking at that tiny fraction of men that maybe tick a few of their boxes just on the exterior. Of course, it's going to be hard.
Speaker 2: I know girls that like literally that, like you said, they have to be dressed in like a Hugo Boss suit and have to make X amount. Hello, they're single and they're thirty one thirty two, And I'm like to their friend, I'm like, literally, no wonder there's single. When they're like exactly, what's the word? Just literally going for that niche market of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, men, But it's true, right, I have to be open like when I know when I was dating and I was single, and I know when you went through that journey too, I had such an open mind and I would be like this person seems interesting, like on dating apps, so like, this person seems interesting, Let's go get a coffee, Let's go for a walk, you know, straight away, and let's not spend all this time over analyzing and thinking how it has to be perfect and does he tick everything off? Go on the walk, see how it feels. Let yourself be open to what these different types of possibilities can be.
Speaker 2: Recently they were like, oh, what's your type? And I was like, well, It's funny enough. All the girls are actually dated like official with have the same like energy, the same like personality, the same looks about him. But I have dated like a vast range of different style women. Yeah, because I might look I'm open to whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's so important, right, And how cool is it when you go on first date and you're kind of like, I'm not that keen initially, but then you're like, I'm like, you tell yourself, I'm gonna be open to this, and you just open yourself up. You just like ingest everything that's kind of going on, taking everything, and then you can make a decision from there. Like as you said, it's not a rush, it's kind of like more of a marathon. Yeah, just kind of like playing each kind of role and stuff.
Speaker 1: But then on the other side of that, you could meet someone that's like, they're so hot, there's all this sexual chemistry, he's so good looking, and then you go on and on and the you're like, god, he's dull as bread. You know, really it could be either way.
Speaker 3: We've spoken about this man like God, I remember I once like I thought, like even still to this day, like this beautiful man, like stunning he was at Chadwick Models with Matt and I and I just had him on the biggest pedestal and I kissed him and I was just like, nah, it's just not for me. And from the moment I kissed him, I was off him. I can visually see he's gorgeous, but it's just like not for me.
Speaker 1: It's just that's the vita frequency you're at and his frequency. Literally, that's what it comes down to. And I know that sounds like no, that's cauldron spinning, but it is. It's like your energy mix with someone else's. Like if you meet two people at a party and they're both got the same job and the same age, and they have a similar sort of look. But one person, I mean, you got to win the dating game. Thank you for the industry, little plug, but it is true. And then one person you could be like, oh my gosh, I love that person. Another person you'd be like, God, I don't know why, but she kisses me the hell off. You know those people you meet and it's like, oh God, you shit me, and you can't really decipher why. It's an energy You're in a completely different frequency to them.
Speaker 2: Totally workplace, Just like I don't get it. I just don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get just don't. We're on different frequencies. Like I can't even have small talk with her in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: I'm just like I can't everyone who listens to our podcast that you're working what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about, that there's no small.
Speaker 3: It's funny though, it's it's it's super interesting.
Speaker 1: It's dating is hard, right, it's.
Speaker 3: It's ruthless, it's difficult, it's heart wrenching. How do you not take rejection personally in the dating world, Because if someone's saying, nah, sorry, I'm not keen, then you think, I mean, I'm just talking from personal experience. I think am I not pretty enough? Am I not skinny enough? Am I not intelligent enough? Am I not blonde?
Speaker 2: Enoughtte enough? Whatever?
Speaker 3: It is like, you literally grasp it all of the things that maybe you feel could be better.
Speaker 1: If someone's giving you some form of rejection, you have to know that that person was never ever meant for you, because if they were, they wouldn't have felt that way. And you have to then thank them for the redirection and then go, this has nothing to do with you, This has nothing to do with you as a person. All it comes down to is the things that you offer. Your amazing, incredible, unique energy that's so powerful and so many people love. This person is just at a different frequency. And that's nothing to do with you, nothing to do with who you are or how you look. It just doesn't mesh with that person's vibration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got nothing to do with you. It's more with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with them, absolutely. And again that's a lesson for you, and that's a beautiful lesson from the universe. And that rejection is taking you one step closer and redirecting you to more of the person that you're meant to be with. And yeah, it's it's not a rejection, it's redirection and it's all a lesson and it's nothing to do with you. It's just your energies don't match.
Speaker 3: Would you say that love is probably the hardest thing to manifest.
Speaker 1: I think love would be the hardest to manifest if you aren't intentional about how to go about it, because I think love is so abundant, and love is everywhere. It's the most abundant thing that you could ever manifest. It's everywhere. Love is everywhere, and everyone wants to feel in love. Everyone wants love. Everyone does. No one's at home going. I hate love. I don't want to ever.
Speaker 2: Feel love, no one, no I do. I just don't. I want to just to love myself again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's self love. There's family love. I know I love it. There's family love, there's romantic love, there's sexual love. Like, there's so many different variations of love. And when you tap into your own unique variation of love and what you need and this particular version of you, then it's not hard to manifest if you're clear on what that is and how you want to feel. It's hard when you're trying to manifest a love that's so far from you because it's what you've been conditioned to feel, or it's what your trauma tells you you need, or it's what you know, you believe, you think you should have. Yeah, but when you're true about who you are and what you want to manifest in, it's the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've spoken a lot about limiting beliefs, and that's the reason why we struggle to manifest what we want and bring things into our life. What would you say is the most common limiting belief that people have.
Speaker 1: I'm not good enough, I'm not good hands down, especially with the women I coach, so twenties, thirties, early thirties, late twenties especially, it's this feeling of I'm not good enough, I'm not deserving, I don't deserve love. I have to earn love instead of just deserving it. It's a huge one. I have to earn love. I'm not worthy of love, I'm not good enough. These are huge, huge, huge, huge, especially in today's society. And I think a lot of that is because there are all these feelings and no one's really been told how to deal with that and why they're there, These subconscious things that are so deep rooted that we just pass off to oh, that's just the way I am, instead of no, actually, so I feel that way because I had an absent present parent or this happened, and that's a beautiful part of who I am. But it all comes back. Every single belief someone has is about self worth and not being good enough. Every belief sad. It is, it's sad, but it's also beautiful when people can realize where it comes from, because it's a beautiful self journey. And it makes you truly love yourself when you can go this is why I am this way, and that's powerful.
Speaker 2: How do you suggest overcoming overcoming limiting beliefs.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a really big one too, and there's heaps of different ways. First getting a therapist or a coach to really guide you through that journey. But there's so many different techniques to do this, and it's about, first of all, like I said, acknowledging, it is the first. You're ninety percent of the way there when you realize, Okay, the reason I've got these reoccurring patterns is because of this or I do this, or I want this in a relationship, or I'm a people pleaser. I'm a savior in a relationship, and I'm always trying to, you know, help the guy and hope that he'll you know, if he's a bad guy and I fix him, then that, you know, says heaps about my self worth and I'm proving my worthiness and I'm valuable if I can fix the damaged guy, you know, the toxic man, and I'll date him, you know, all of these different things. The savior giving me a nightmare and that's huge, saved him, I mean I've tried to say a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Doesn't and a lot of people succeeded.
Speaker 1: Because it's not your job to save someone. It's not your job to feel what they need or to change them. It's their job. And just so much on the other foot, it's not someone else's job to heal you. It's not someone else's job to fix you. You know, it's like you've changed people as well. This idea of his my better half. What does that make you the worst half? He's the missing puzzle piece? Does that mean you're incomplete? There's so many ways that we're conditioned to believe that our man or our woman is going to save us and heal us, and they're going if I'm bored, they're going to entertain me, and if I'm sad, they're going to make me happy.
Speaker 2: And something I've realized as well is and I said this on when I spoke about my break cut, was that the more and more I've grown up, I've realized that like people do not think they're in the wrong. Like no matter what, people do, not think they are in the wrong. So it's so hard to like prove to people what they've done and how they are so it's really hard to save someone.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I have a question for you. Has anyone ever tried to save you?
Speaker 2: I think they'd like to think they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just from a matter of perspective, I'm just interested to hear us.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know like if they actually do think they are, Like, are.
Speaker 1: They trying to like change you?
Speaker 2: You've obviously had the partners, Like you know, one of my exes tried to change everything about me to the way I even sit for my wine that is, I'm like, sweet, that's exhausting. I'm one hundred and ten plows six, six foot six, Like I take big SIPs. Tell what, I'm a big boy, like, like I think I'm going to take big SIPs. Like she was fucking on me about the way I cheese cheese? Yeah, I should run.
Speaker 1: Then, how to cheese like a burger?
Speaker 3: I've eaten with Matt before he eats normally. Just a preface in case anyone's like thinking that it's like scoffing the wheel.
Speaker 2: Of breathe pretty much. Yeah, Like she just was like on me about like all that sort of stuff that was really early in the relationships.
Speaker 1: Well, but then then you have to think Okay, where in her life as she led to believe that she has to be the fixer? Maybe you know, growing up she had a really hostile dynamic and she was the pleaser and she feels like you have to fix people or.
Speaker 2: She should probably work on this isn't this isn't being rude, But I think that she should fix stuff about herself.
Speaker 1: First, I thought, you say, this hasn't been rude. She should probably listen to this episode of the podcast.
Speaker 2: We've spoken about this x a lot. Everyone knows this one, and she should probably work on herself a bit.
Speaker 1: And I think that, I mean everyone should write like, yeah, everyone, we all and that's why relationships are our biggest lessons, Like that's where we learn the most. Our our partners can be a mirror, you know, and they are, and that would be a mirror to her going geez, Okay, who am I really trying to fix here? And who do I need to fix here?
Speaker 3: So does that mean if Matt's attracted this specific ex that we're talking about, that she is a mirror of what Matt actually is?
Speaker 1: Isn't that how it works? Yeah, well maybe that's something to look at too.
Speaker 2: I would not say no, not.
Speaker 1: That you're like no, not that you're like her, but maybe the way that she acted is filling some type of gap for you. Maybe you needed someone that was absent in your life. I mean, I don't want to put words in it. It could be so many different things, but maybe there's someone that was absent in your life that you wanted more attention from, that you wanted to give you those things that the X.
Speaker 2: Before her, I used to say, like I was so literally this exact expression was, She's not like stimulating me. I want to go up and point to poker with a stick like some sort of something out of her. It's like it's like, you know, I just get some sort of reaction. You're so cruisy. And then she was at this end of the spectrum. And then literally my next girlfriend, this one I'm talking about, was manifested. That manifested the opposite. She was like like literally like calm down, like that was my foot on the couch. Well, but I think that was the charas.
Speaker 1: Like you know, like.
Speaker 2: Come on and on lockdown with this girl, like you know, everything I did was wrong. I turned off the light like you know, Charaes.
Speaker 3: Are you taking gulps of charading it down the imagination.
Speaker 2: But this mouth can hit a lot more in than like her. Well, look at the size of me.
Speaker 1: Man, you need to stop calling yourself a big boy. I think you need I think you need to heal your relationship with sipping as well. I think.
Speaker 2: I wonder I was sipping so much when I have to do with her. It must probably cycle.
Speaker 1: I think it's just at the end of the day. That was a huge lesson for you. Both of them were. I think the lesson with the first was Okay, maybe I do need some more stimulation in my partner, and the next one was okay, maybe I need less or whatever whatever that lesson. But they were all huge lessons for you obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well, I see every relationship has a lesson my most recent ex as well, Like I'm taking the lesson from Jen.
Speaker 1: And friendships have lessons. Your work colleagues you get lessons from. Like every relationship in general you get lessons lessons. Romantic ones are no different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I love that.
Speaker 3: What is the biggest mistake people make when dating? Would you say, someone who is struggling to find someone and they seem to not really be learning their lessons and continuing to make the same.
Speaker 1: Mistakes, bending boundaries. Probably. I think, like I said before, not sending in your truth. Yeah, I think if someone is you know, yeah, I think if someone is struggling again and again and again and can't get past maybe a first date or a second date, then they go, oh, maybe I need to change, and then so they go, you know, I'm not in like a healing way, but in like a maybe I do just want, you know, someone that I can just sleep with, or maybe I do want that type of guy that doesn't make me feel that type of way. Or I think bending those boundaries, mending your values, changing who you are being like, oh oh listen to Screamo music so that he'll like me, or you know whatever it is. Changing and bending who you are, I think is the biggest mistake because you're just going to make it so much harder for yourself. It becomes so easy when you're really clear on what you want and how you want to feel. I love that so true.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this, guys, stand in your truth, be you don't change for anyone.
Speaker 2: Just so as where I'm manifesting something I saw on TikTok a TikTok or an Instagram reel was not saying stuff like you know, wow, that killed me or something like that out into the universe or of something as well that I can't do this.
Speaker 3: Because I say like dead and so funny dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then another one was like I can't do that. I'm too broke when you actually have money. But thing is you're saving You're not broke, Like you're just changing the dialogue of what you say and language that. Yeah, just changing the language and dialogue to put out into the universe is a different thing.
Speaker 1: Language is so important. That's why I keep saying girls that are like, there's no good guys out there, You're reaffirming these beliefs and you don't know how much power is in language. Our subconscious is always listening, and our subconscious is what we're manifesting in. So if our subconscious is constantly hearing no good guys, no good guys, all guys are shit, I'm going to be abandoned in love. I'm only going to be left alone. All my friends are going to get married before me. If that's what your subconscious is constantly hearing, that causes a deep rooted, limiting belief. That's how they're formed, that causes the belief, and then all you're going to attract in are unavailable men, toxic men, men that leave you because your body, your subconscious, only wants to reaffirm your beliefs.
Speaker 3: Something that stuck with me that you actually said on our last interview with you is when we used to do our coaching and I used to continuously say, I always get fucked boys. I'm always attracting fuck boys. I'm so sick of it, and you were like, you need to stop saying that because you are literally pulling in fuck boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without knowing it. People do it all the time. And like you said, Matt, people are like, i've got no money, I'm so broke. You know those friends that are always just like, I've got no money, I can't do anything. They're reaffirming more.
Speaker 2: I've been very big on the language that I use to people as well, and just like how you can tweak just the singulest word, single word, and it literally changes the outcome that you get from someone.
Speaker 1: And even saying things like I have to go to the gym, so I get to go to the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Little things like that make such a big difference. And it sounds like, oh yeah, I'm sure that would make a difference. Yeah, I get to go for a run. It sounds like, oh yeah, it would make a difference. No, what you don't realize is your subconscious is going to completely alter when you shift your language.
Speaker 2: I do daily affirmations every night.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I do three And I've said this on podcasts before because I was so focused on making them each different, like every day different. No, I was like, pick something from the day that was, and it can be the same as another day, but just that I'm grateful for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, gratitude.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 1: Gratitude's the highest vibrational frequency you can get. So whenever I get new clients in the first thing I say is every day from here on out, you're going to do gratitude. And they can be one thing a day. It can be five things a day, can be twenty things a day. It's going to change day today.
Speaker 2: Reckon before you go to better. When you wake up, wake.
Speaker 1: Up, I do wake up. It can be either because when you first wake up, your brain is still like coming out of that Theta state, and that's when you're like a sponge. So when you first wake up, any like first coming to if you like, reach for your journal instead of like scrolling and immediately start rolling.
Speaker 2: So bad. Yeah, I've heard it.
Speaker 1: Start with gratitude. You're going to take it. But the same when you go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you wake up, you want to you're on a search for dough for me. So your brain is like lacking do for me, so you're on a search for it. So they say don't go and scroll Instagram, especially someone like me, because the rest of the day you're searching for that dopamine. So you keep going back at the head to the heat, trolling your phone or that's why they reckon coffee ninety minutes after you wake up. Yes, then you're looking for that dochmain hit of coffee.
Speaker 1: Totally, totally Yeah, And gratitude works the same way. You know. It's like if you in the morning, the first thing you do is gratitude, you're starting your day off on such like a beautiful high, and then that's the.
Speaker 2: Benchmark you're looking for as well, so you're grateful the whole day and then that's changing your whole frequency.
Speaker 3: Literally, Michael and I like this sounds so cheesy, but we like reaffirm our own love, like every morning, like we wait up and we hug and we'll be like, I love you so much, and then we both will like verbally say three things we're grateful for, not each other, but like other things. And I just feel like it's such a positive way to start my day. And I feel like when shit gets hard or I get really anxious or stressed, the first thing I do is forget to do those things, and I just feel.
Speaker 2: So much worse.
Speaker 3: And then when I start to really implement things because I'm conscious that I need to like re like put them back in to my daily routine, I notice a huge difference.
Speaker 1: It's just like meditation too. Starting your day with meditation is starting your day in this stay myself.
Speaker 2: I used to do that. It's just gotten too cold in the morning, so I set the alarm early, and I was doing it for like two weeks, and I wasn't just stay in bed.
Speaker 1: You can just stay in bed and do it. That's better than not doing it.
Speaker 2: I like to go out and go for a walk or something first and then come back so my mind's getting clear. But I might if setting my alarm early and I was, I'm not getting out of bed, but I get it's an hour half sleep, so I just like set through and didn't.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed the difference from when you've stopped doing.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah a little bit. Yeah, but I do it in the evening. Yeah, oh good. Yeah, but it's not the same. I liked it in the morning.
Speaker 1: I like it in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Maddie, thank you so much for coming in. We really hope that this has helped some people who are struggling in their dating life at the moment. We know it's challenging. We ask here for you. We're going to try and bring you more of these episodes if you want to reach out to Maddie.
Speaker 1: Her handle is best with Maddie or Madeline Summer's coaching online.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for me.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate you so much for having me by