Speaker 1: We got get you the morning every day Adelaides.
Speaker 2: All, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to podcast.
Speaker 3: First of all, great decision unless your name is Semen.
Speaker 2: And that was an error by mum and dad, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: How's that going? High school?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 1: Minute?
Speaker 4: You move to a country where your son's name takes on a whole different meaning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happened.
Speaker 3: A three year old changed countries, English speaking country and they've had to change the little fellow's name from Semen to something else, Because I mean, I can't imagine what sort of nicknames you get at school, but I'm assuming there's.
Speaker 1: Some, probably something like the swimmer.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 1: How your text?
Speaker 4: Potato code word is coming up very shortly as well?
Speaker 5: But let's find out what they indeed, changed Seaman's name to.
Speaker 2: Jody as name. Happy with it my name? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: It's really.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, Andrew, you've pumped with that?
Speaker 2: Good? No, not at all. I don't like Andrew at all?
Speaker 1: Is that why you run by Hazy?
Speaker 3: The combination of two of a girl's name and a boy's name an and Drew just whack him together. No, I don't like Andrew, and I was almost apparently for a second, going to be called Hamish. Really, Mum and Dad went in a different direction, a really really different direction.
Speaker 1: God, you could have.
Speaker 4: Been one of the highest profile blokes in the AFL. What do you well, Hamish McLaughlin.
Speaker 3: Oh, Hamish mcglochan. I thought you saw went Hamish Hartlett. I was like, I was a big Hammit fan. Not as bad as a lady who's just moved to an English speaking country and has had to change the name of her three year old son due to its English translation. Son's name, Yeah, you guessed it, seaman. His name is Semen and obviously in her country it means all sorts of different things. But when you get to the English speaking countries, I mean I just in fact, let's do it. Let's go one for one. What would his nicknames be at high school? No, that's not doing that, but texta throw oh for double O nine night. What do you think he's future nicknames at high school could be?
Speaker 1: Do you even think about that?
Speaker 3: It's really really tough stuff. The mum looked up similar names in English, including Simon, Simeon, and Sam, but they're not okay for different reasons, and she said Simon is not okay for me because this name does not suit him. He's very much a seaman type operator. I know she didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I had it in that quote.
Speaker 3: Some people suggested online maybe Sebastian, Stephan or Steven are good variants as well.
Speaker 2: So there's definitely options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there certainly is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about in twenty twenty two as well? I don't think Paul Young siemens alone with some of the names that are registered by the official birth registries and all those types of things. Yeah, for boys, and this is genuine there's little there's little babies getting around with these names at the moment. For boys, you've got dick and also a noose. I'm pretty sure that's how it's pronounced, a noose. It's a n o us a noose. And for girls, the kicker for me was Virginica. There's a little baby Vaginica out there.
Speaker 4: Wait, so there is a classroom where the teachers yelling out roll every morning. It's like, Dick present, noose present, virgin semen here?
Speaker 1: Where is Vaginica semen coming?
Speaker 2: All right, your bunch of swifties.
Speaker 3: If you've been hanging out and just trying to find out exactly what the code were today is for text for tat it is blood.
Speaker 1: Can you remember that film clip when for Bad Blood, when.
Speaker 4: She actually teamed up with all her supermodel besties and they put together like a film clip to have.
Speaker 1: Who was she eating a few with Katie Perry? Was Katie Pepy?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: It'd be like what gg he did in all those Yeah? Yeah, the real top shelf type operators.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the biggest flex. It was like, look at how hot and beautiful my friends are, Katie. That'll teach you to steal my backup dances. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, so she Katie went on tour and was like poached all of Taylor's backup dances.
Speaker 1: So that's where that all started.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's a different world, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm not making that up.
Speaker 3: So consider it was South conviction. I believed you. I believe anything, all right. Code word is blood? Texta through for double one nine nine one nine to get yourself on the standbar list for text for ta tape.
Speaker 4: What if you can book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there?
Speaker 3: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only what if away from your next holiday.
Speaker 1: Look on the what if? What if it's dozzy for travel. Here's what you're waking up to, Adelaide.
Speaker 2: In reading news, what's the news today?
Speaker 1: Snooze news?
Speaker 4: Information can be so overwhelming on the internet. Em all right, So this is where we break down the top stories that you need to know this morning.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Abbey in the newsroom. First up.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 7: So it looks like this teacher's strike is going to continue. Teachers public school teachers looking at striking again either in week nine, so halfway through December.
Speaker 1: Awesome, They will.
Speaker 6: Look at doing early next year.
Speaker 7: Essentially, they've put another offer on the table with the state government. I think they're asking for a six percent pay rise. They had been asking for an eight percent, but the state government say it's not viable. So yeah, that's ongoing. The state government will have until December first to come back to them with an offer. If they accept it, happy days. If not, we're in for another strike, another strike. And look, I again, I'm very transparent on this. I think teachers deserve all the best paying conditions in the world.
Speaker 4: However, last week. We had a strike day on the Thursday, and then the Monday was.
Speaker 1: A pupil free day.
Speaker 4: It's taxing on parents who are trying to juggle work and kids.
Speaker 2: So she parents who have no idea what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you guilty.
Speaker 7: I had looked after my niece and nephew last week because my sister couldn't get out of work.
Speaker 4: She had auditing and stuff happening. So it's affecting everyone. Yes, the auntie isn't the auntie. Oh, Auntie Auntie abs?
Speaker 2: Auntie abs? How steep the fun one?
Speaker 1: How strict do you reckon? She'd be?
Speaker 6: I am the fun one? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Ice cream for breakfast? We get ice cream for breakfast. Sometimes gets the ice cream for breakfast. And dad's in charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, he doesn't have the discipline or structure to change it.
Speaker 1: Well that's it.
Speaker 7: You hand them back, you walk out of the door and go see you. Yeah, they were great, and then there were little poop heads for them.
Speaker 4: I get Auntie abs as fun, but dads sometimes, like when I get home last night, the kids are still running aroundt nine o'clock at night and he's tickling them on the laundry and four, and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, is there any chance the four year old could go to bed?
Speaker 6: I just a thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love chucking them on the bed as well about nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: Really am just like this, Sorry for the who wants to go to bed?
Speaker 1: Pull bag.
Speaker 6: Bod you.
Speaker 1: That's me, isn't it?
Speaker 4: And the Matildas are most definitely the team of twenty twenty three, and now they are the word of twenty twenty three. So obviously they captured the heart of the nation when with their performance at the FIFA World Cup. Even though they came forth, it was still just a juggernaut, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Just ridiculous, like in terms of viewership as well, records, all sorts of things, just fun to watch and a really likable team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, such a likable team and a whole host of players that you probably wouldn't have known their names at the start of the year and now their household names, which is so awesome. So each year the Australian National Dictionary Center put that on your bucket list to visit selects a word or expression that is gaining prominence in the national landscape over the past twelve months, and the Matilda's are I wonder if the Tilly's probably close second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy Christians party as well at the Australian National is It Dictionary Center?
Speaker 4: Mate? Do they play word or do they play word or I'm all right.
Speaker 7: And last to step up from last year though apparently last year's word was iso.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a step up. This is much more refreshing, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Thought?
Speaker 1: I thought it was tel from the election.
Speaker 4: God, we're getting our we're getting our words mixed up from the Australian National Dictionary Center.
Speaker 1: Must get them on the line.
Speaker 2: Finally as well, they're going a big oal sleep study. Love a good study. Want they find from this?
Speaker 3: And the experts have recommended that you get seven hours of sleep every night. Oh yeah, that'd be nice, won't it would? It'd be nice every night to get seven hours of sleep.
Speaker 1: I think most people would, wouldn't they would? Would they seven hours?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Mate, that's something from about like I just say, if you go to bed at.
Speaker 3: Ten, you're in seven hours of sleep, probably because I roll in here a quarter to six. I'm clearly so while we're here working away, you're sleeping.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're just snoozing.
Speaker 4: Oh mate, I'm trying to preserve myself so I can stay around this joint for a long time to come or would you rather come in at five o'clock and burn myself out?
Speaker 1: What do you want from me?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Why are you late?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to preserve myself. Oh my god, because.
Speaker 2: I got to get my seven hours in.
Speaker 5: Well, next year it's going to be hazy and abby everybody.
Speaker 3: I at a four week old on one side and a three year old in the middle of the bed who's constantly I reckon my three year old has football dreams because she's constantly punting me in the head.
Speaker 6: In the middle of the No, she just doesn't like you.
Speaker 2: Pretend she's asleep.
Speaker 7: Seven hours is a lot. I'm struggling to get I get about six.
Speaker 4: But that's because normal people who don't do breakfast radio, right, that's going a bit at ten and getting up at five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Wouldn't most people get that?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 3: But then streaming services and everything else that happens in the middle of the night, you're so awake.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Not everyone has insom near at two o'clock, mate, No, not everyone gets to two ams.
Speaker 3: The internet can be a very, very dangerous thing. Anyway, that's your post snooze news. These six fifteen vending machine quiz how works.
Speaker 1: We've got three questions for you. You just have to get the third one right to have.
Speaker 4: A crack out of the veding machine, which is jam packed full of prizes.
Speaker 1: We're talking val Adelaide five hundred Friday After.
Speaker 5: Concert Series Diggers Family.
Speaker 4: Passes to the out of like thirty six is an Amazon alixa Echo smart pop speaker waiting for the ding tickets to Cheese Fest as well Earthplace Studios.
Speaker 5: About that, Let's go to Layla from Parry Hills.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Laila Money. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm okay, I'm better now.
Speaker 1: Did we speak to you the other day? No, I've never called before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, okay, cool, just me keeping tabs?
Speaker 2: What's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Later? What? What?
Speaker 2: What happened before?
Speaker 1: As in why I'm feeling better?
Speaker 4: Yes, I.
Speaker 3: Had a really bad birthday on Monday.
Speaker 1: No, dare we ask why it was bad?
Speaker 4: Laylor?
Speaker 2: It's really bad.
Speaker 4: I had to put my dog down.
Speaker 5: No, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 3: Every day it's better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the worst thing about dogs. I don't live forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have never lost a dog, so I can't imagine how you're feeling at the moment, Layla, But I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Let's get you right back into a good spot.
Speaker 1: Laylor's when your prize? Please? In which language does billis mean? Very beautiful?
Speaker 2: Italian beans? Witty? Is anyone being to wittly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I have to go. Yeah, I've been to BALI is that it's close?
Speaker 4: So cool?
Speaker 2: I'm so uncultured.
Speaker 5: Okay, I really want to win a prize this point. You watch what TV show? Is this theme song for.
Speaker 2: Dan Steve and nearly years and started?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, let's get you through this one, and then you have a crack of the vending Machine, which actor was named as the sexiest man of the Year in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Come on, Laila, Oh no, he's starting grays.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I've never watched.
Speaker 2: Can I get the nickname of the actor?
Speaker 3: Is that dream?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We're taking it? Sorry, I get it now, the whole you know, make anything I didn't I didn't get it before you.
Speaker 4: Come on, Yesie Dreamy Patrick Dempsey, he's one and the same entity as producer m looks very disappointed in me for saying that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't care. I need a letter between A and C please.
Speaker 4: See see yep and the number between two and six three C three. Come on, vendue machine, come on all right, Blaylor.
Speaker 1: I don't let it be the chips. Don't let it be the chips. We've come this far. Oh you want a family past with the Adelaide. Thirty six is this week? Yes? Oh cool, very nice, very nice.
Speaker 3: Enjoy sold out last game as well, so the atmosphere at the end time seven thirty six is play is just the best.
Speaker 1: It's elite, isn't it. Don't miss the new look.
Speaker 4: Thirty six is on Friday November seen taking in the Southeast Phoenix at the Entertainment Center. It's the hottesticking in town. Tickets from ticket TECs. Well done, Layla, thank you, thank you, Hey Hazy. Sometimes your high school years can come back to haunt you. There's no question about that. The things you did as a teenager can resurface later in life. And that is exactly what happened to my husband Greg this week when we went to our daughter's year seven orientation for high school.
Speaker 3: Criminal knew it, absolutely knew it, but it got what Because he was a minor.
Speaker 4: So, as it turns out, he went to the same school that she's going to, which we did because it was a fantastic school.
Speaker 1: However, he was a horrible student.
Speaker 4: So in about all year ten he realized that he was going to go and play ice hockey in Canada. So he just completely and utterly checked out. Didn't do any homework, didn't complete any assignments, was completely disruptive in class. It is amazing that that man went on to do anything with his life given his behavior in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, given it was that long ago as well, they've still got long memories at the.
Speaker 1: School, don't they.
Speaker 4: So we walk into the orientation the other night. It's in an auditorium. There's probably, oh, I reckon, two hundred to two hundred and fifty new parents there whose.
Speaker 1: Kids are all starting at high school.
Speaker 4: So we walk past the teachers and some of them heckle him a little bit, and I was like, oh God, here we go. Anyway, So we settle in and they're doing their speeches and they're talking about different types of learning and all that sort of stuff. And then one of the teachers get up to the lectern and he gives it this one so good to see some old scholars here, some of which still owe me a year ten religion assignment. I won't mention any names, but I'm looking at you, Gregotti. Two hundred people start absolutely weaning themselves with laughter, and I'm sitting there going bright red, just thinking, oh my lord, you're an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment.
Speaker 1: And good luck Peyton in year seven. Your dad has set the above very.
Speaker 3: Very low, and greg that's why you're going to hell in your religion assignments.
Speaker 4: For goodness, so Jesus is going to say the pearly Gates, mate, where do you general.
Speaker 2: Entry?
Speaker 4: Quite?
Speaker 2: What the fork?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 4: This segment ever looked at anything and thought what the fork is that about? And it's born, of course, out of the fact that Abbey from the newsroom used to steal all the hawks from our kitchen, So every time you've got to eat something, you'd be like, what the fork were the forks?
Speaker 2: It starts with forks.
Speaker 3: The next minute's laptops, ye, and it's headphones, stadiums, quarries, cities.
Speaker 2: When does it stop?
Speaker 7: Abby cars, cars, radio stations.
Speaker 2: Countries, jobs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wake up with Hazy and Abbey next year.
Speaker 4: dearI mate, this what the fork is going to be? The restaurant audition?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 7: Having from the newsroom, so as I do, you know, really looking at the hard news stories. Yep, And because my life is a dumpster dating disaster, I'm looking at this story. And it was basically this woman who went on a date with a guy in the UK and they go to a pub for lunch. That's what they decide on.
Speaker 1: Great, cool go.
Speaker 7: So they sit down and she's sort of looking at the menu and she hands it to him and he goes, oh, I don't need to look at the menu because I'm just going to eat the food that's left on that table. She's sort of, you know what, like, is this kind of being serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, there was some sausage and some toast left on the table next to them, So he started eating that food.
Speaker 6: Off that plate.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I presume it up and left.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so the people it up and left and there were dirty plates on the table and he's just reached over and started eating that food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, checky's bio. I bet you is an entrepreneur, well opportunist.
Speaker 6: You don't get rich by spending money, do you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so she was obviously horrified.
Speaker 7: She offered to pay for his lunch and said, I will pay for this if you need, like, if you're struggling with money. Yeah, nope, he just decided that that's what he was going to do.
Speaker 4: I think that's what they call in the dating game. And I've been out of it for a very long time. But is that a red flag?
Speaker 6: Just slightly.
Speaker 2: Flag?
Speaker 6: I mean for me, it's green.
Speaker 7: I just you know, Oh, this is the guy of my dream.
Speaker 4: I say, it's disgusting, but I look at you, Andrew Hagges. Have you ever been tempted to eat someone else's food?
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't click this enough. I mean I've got two quick stories for you, regressively going to bat for this bike. So at Channel seven Enzo's next door, Yes, if you're familiar with Enzo's, maybe the best pizza in Adelaide. Yeah, certainly in the conversation. Quite expensive the pizza there, but worth it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: So we'll see that.
Speaker 3: One time after a couple of beers and the person next to was sitting at the bar had ordered a full pizza and taken heart like three bites of one slice and left the entire thing there which was just mesmerizing itself.
Speaker 4: I don't know why this is important to the story, but what sort of pizza can remember?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it would have been some sort of meat covered pizza, which is right up my alley. After much discussion with my colleagues and also the stuff at Endzos, we all agreed that it was safe and not that judgmental that I could eat the entire pizza by myself, even though it was the stranger's pizza.
Speaker 6: Is this pre COVID?
Speaker 2: Can I ask this was pre COVID?
Speaker 6: Anything used to go back pre COVID?
Speaker 3: And also I used to I used to deliver ice from my father in law's company way back in the day.
Speaker 2: My father was Walter White. Now it was a joke, breaking bad joke.
Speaker 3: Frozen water and we used to deliver I sometimes some of the wool worse and in one of the dumpsters there it was like a mountain of baked goods.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't, Yeah, and took a six pack of dome. That's how you can do that. You can't use you absolutely can. Definitely hadn't touched the bin, no one else had touched it. But it was I suppose considered.
Speaker 4: Trash I digress from the restaurant, so for just a moment.
Speaker 1: But I got home from Neckpool.
Speaker 4: Last night late and I was hungry, and I said to Greg, did you cook the kid's chicken tenders?
Speaker 6: Where are they?
Speaker 1: And he goes, oh, that's okay, and he walks.
Speaker 5: Over to the pin and he pulls out he'd wrap.
Speaker 1: Them in foil. He goes, they're fine.
Speaker 6: I'm like, they've touched the bin.
Speaker 1: That's out.
Speaker 3: No, turns out, Jode, he's married to an ibis a genuine bin chicken.
Speaker 6: I've thin dive before.
Speaker 7: What yah?
Speaker 6: Well, it was at home and I.
Speaker 7: Threw chocolate out and I was like, no more abby, And then I was like, oh, I just finished this last bit, so I've got it back out.
Speaker 1: So you can do THEA. But was it in the packet?
Speaker 6: It was folded in the package.
Speaker 1: It's just on top.
Speaker 6: It was fine.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter where you do it, particularly if you do it at restaurants. It's completely fine as long as you've got consent with those around you.
Speaker 1: We've got some texts here.
Speaker 4: I work at a pizza joint and there's one customer who carries his pizza box out.
Speaker 1: Upside down every time ruin everything.
Speaker 2: That's a topping straight off.
Speaker 4: That's from jess Alice has said I watched a grown man wipe his mouth on the tablecloth last week in a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, what a oh dear, well done?
Speaker 4: And Anonymous has said, what the fork, dine and dash? It happens all the time. Really, no one's doing that, are they?
Speaker 2: That's really really ballsy, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Because I like to pay before the meal so you don't have to have the stress of going up afterwards and them paying afterwards. I like to pay for my meal pre so I can just walk out casually.
Speaker 5: How do you know what you binary?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: You like to go You mean you don't like table service? You want to go up and order at the bar?
Speaker 3: You want to go up and order the bar? Righting, Just cruise on out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Abs, you worked in hospitality for a very long time.
Speaker 1: You would have seen some stuff.
Speaker 4: Well have you ever let me riddle you this, have you ever seen someone finish off someone's drink?
Speaker 1: Who hasn't?
Speaker 2: Yeh unk, I've been there. I've been there, sister.
Speaker 7: Have you There was a guy I'm not going to say where, but there was a guy who was probably shouldn't.
Speaker 6: Have been served, to be honest, and he was that happy.
Speaker 7: He was putting his drink down at the bar and turning and speaking to his mate, and then his other mate on the left was grabbing the drink and sculling it and putting the glass back.
Speaker 6: So then the guy would turn around and be like, oh my drink so old already. Oh it would buy.
Speaker 7: Another one, but it was his mate who was sculling it behind him. It was quite funny.
Speaker 3: I remember finding we me and my mates back in that I found half a bottle of vodka in the toilets at.
Speaker 2: The Grand Bar.
Speaker 6: The Grand Bar.
Speaker 2: He deleted that quick, smart responsibly, of course.
Speaker 4: The Grand Boss, Josh was saying the other day he was at Peel Street and someone ordered a cocktail and it was twenty two bucks, and the girl had one sip out of it and then left, and he was like, I'm so tempted just to finish this twenty two dollars worth of cocktail there.
Speaker 3: Man, if I was there, I'm gonna drunk up that cocktail quicker than.
Speaker 2: You can blink.
Speaker 1: As Martini Oli would have just been down the Bucky.
Speaker 7: Your tip followed the glasses for twenty two dollars. Yes, you would think would.
Speaker 1: Tempting, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: One more text and text Tunk's really busy in this space for double O.
Speaker 2: Nine one nine restaurant.
Speaker 3: I love going to the same bunch of old blokes meet every second day and they're constantly blowing their nosis. Oh yeah, that is an old bloke thing, isn't it into hankies too?
Speaker 2: How good tanky is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's not great.
Speaker 2: But you tell me that you've got a time machine.
Speaker 3: On this day Wednesday, it's two different wation go towards the end of this week.
Speaker 2: You can go down to that direction which are currently on.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't don't you bath don't go early Monday next week.
Speaker 3: Or you can go down the good path with us where we inject you with some knowledge and you feel good about them, with some fun facts heading towards weekend.
Speaker 1: Let's feel left.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, that's bad right, Oh.
Speaker 1: Well I never did make good decisions in your life.
Speaker 2: Why are you always going to left? Stop left jokes?
Speaker 3: Fifteenth of November nineteen seventy one, our classification in films was introduced.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, remember the challenge as a fifteen, sixteen year old to get.
Speaker 1: Into the R rated movies.
Speaker 3: I thought to our stand for rowdy, radical, raunchy or just nineteen ninety five, Sony PlayStation went on sale in Australia and that was revolutionary, Yeah, wasn't it. I didn't have a PlayStation, but I did. I wasn't jealous, but I did want one pretty bad.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a one.
Speaker 2: Our family was amish. I was going to say they weren't.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, were you a cool kid growing up? I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell.
Speaker 3: Went to school with sixteen kids in it. Yeah, and I was the only one of my year and there was no one in the year above school. Captain Baby, two years in Arrow. Welcome to the studio.
Speaker 6: News reader, Abby, good morning.
Speaker 3: Take us through a particular little conversation you had with your friend. Because every time you say, hey, guys, guess what happened to me? We sit down, we cross our legs and we say, Abby's going to tell us quite the tale.
Speaker 4: Every time Abby says have I got a wild story for you? We all just sit down, We straighten our backs, sit on the floor.
Speaker 1: Like at primary school.
Speaker 3: I cancel work, yep, yep, I call it my wife. I say, look away be home tonight because Abby's about to shock us.
Speaker 6: I do get into some weird conversations, don't I.
Speaker 7: So the latest is that I was, let's say, talking to a friend and we were talking about special cuddles.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know, adult time time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something something mummy and.
Speaker 7: Daddy do when they're very in love or not, or something mummy and daddy do out of obligation.
Speaker 3: The fire Bernie for double nine on nine, some of those things you tell you kids what you're actually doing.
Speaker 2: It looks like Dad's trying to jump over. You can't quite make it.
Speaker 4: Mummy and Daddy doing athletics, jump show Froger, My god, I used to love Frogger.
Speaker 7: Oh really, okay, we have to get back on track. So I'm having conversation and somehow I don't even know, but somehow we get onto a special adult cuddles time and the fact that the dog, her dog is in his bed in the room when it's happening.
Speaker 1: Oh, And I'm like what I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: And she's like WHOA, Like he knows.
Speaker 7: We just put the ramp away from the bed because it's a sausage dog. So we just put the ramp over and he knows and he's just you know, there on the floor and I'm losing my mind. It might not add in an office setting. So everyone's sort of looking going, what's Abby losing a crap about? Now? Yeah, but she was talking about that, and I thought, like, my dogs get put outside.
Speaker 6: Right, You're not to be even in the house.
Speaker 7: You're not to be anywhere because Tank goes a bit funny actually, but he makes weird noises. He is very protective, like why are you hurting my mum?
Speaker 6: But it got me.
Speaker 7: Thinking to people do this, like is this a thing where you leave your pets in the like, because that to me.
Speaker 6: Is gross, very off putting.
Speaker 4: You would say, like to have little Sid's big brown eyes just staring at you while that's going on, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very very strong.
Speaker 7: But the other thing is that Sid is in the bed half the time. Yeah you talk about he's up in the bed with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So and the other thing that Sid does if there say, some special cuddles on a movie that we're watching and people are making noises, Sid gets the roofs up. Yeah, so any sort of you know, those noises emitted.
Speaker 1: Sid's like, oh.
Speaker 7: Does this weird sort of whining like like weird thing?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, what is what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And he helps his sister.
Speaker 2: All sorts of things. I like it, or maybe I don't like.
Speaker 3: It's quite disserving me that we know a dog well enough that we can translate her barks as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, And sometimes after special cutters she'll give out the specific little bark and we're exactly what she's saying. She's saying, is that it is it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: Is it like how many barks? Like she'll give you four bucks, so you've got a four out of ten?
Speaker 2: I got above three or four. Enjoy the rest of the day. We'll catch you bright and early tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, goodbye, Adelaide.