Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production Welcome.
Speaker 2: Basically another episode about I a Bad Mom podcast.
Speaker 1: I think about when we are recording He's Katie, and I think about like the videos that might because they don't always come out of these episodes. These are just like when our producer deos Oh Rachel looks like, you're crazy, let's put that one up kind of thing. I think about the fact that I've always got a coffee cup in front of me. You never have anything, nothing's ever in front of you, So people are going to start to think, is this coffee or is it?
Speaker 2: Well no, because you know the reason that people know that that isn't rocker is because I would also have one.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mum for dragging the kids across the world. Oh?
Speaker 2: This is an interesting one because there are two completely different spins on this. This could be a really positive thing or this could be an absolute fucking disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And we're just simply joking parenting because if this was just a personal challenge of just me, I'm in I'm all over it. Yeah, but then you've got two little people, You're like, oh, there's gonna be like you already know there might be a little obstacle or two a long way.
Speaker 2: So anyone that doesn't know Rachel's husband Sam is currently on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here, which is like super exciting. I think I'm more excited than you are about this whole thing. And so I've always watched like it's like the one reality TV show that I do love watching.
Speaker 1: You're like more of a maths kind of you know that drama. You know, I'm way behind on that just for the record, so got a lot to catch up on. But you have kept me Katie on the role of excitement and direction with armaslab Get Me out of Here because you've always watched it.
Speaker 2: I've always watched it, and so because you've never seen it before until your husband was on it, and I remember saying to you, you'll go to Africa. They'll fly you out to Africa. On previous years, the top three their families come into the jungle and it's like this big reveal that the kids right.
Speaker 1: So then they're finally crying. I'm emotional, Like I cry.
Speaker 2: I don't even know these people, So imagine when you turn up, likely I'll film it. But I was letting you know that might be what's happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was just laughing, going absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: And so what has ended up happening is Sammy is one of the final ones and you are going to Africa tonight, but you're only told today that you will be flying tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I remember saying to you, this is so exciting. You know what a bucket list thing. African safari, Like, that's a dream, right. I think a lot of people would love to do that. However, I do understand your anxiety around It's.
Speaker 1: Like it's a grip today trip. It's kind of like being this is way in my head because obviously we've spoken about it before. I was in a previous life a flight attendant for three years and I flew internationally. So that's why I say this challenge for me, I could back in thirty minutes and still be well and truly on my way and be all over it. The idea of doing a layover round trip to South Africa with two children in tow. I don't want to sound like an obnoxious twat because it's a free trip to South Africa, right, but you're technically going for a layover in South Africa, but just doing it with two kids, you're like, they don't get the same concept of us of going, Okay, I need to sleep for like five hours and then my body will feel a little bit better and then like I'll hang out until bedtime. And then you don't even have that on a layover, you've sort of just got to juggle.
Speaker 2: I think anyone that's done a long haul flight with kids in economy completely understands, Like, let's not take away from the fact.
Speaker 1: That you're grateful, right, grateful to go and.
Speaker 2: You're grateful for the whole you know, experience and all the rest of it. But I totally get and especially with it being last minute, like I don't cope less than twenty four hour planning. So you've got to sort out someone to be in your house. You've got to sort out someone to feed your animals, you got to make sure you pack, the kids are at school, you got to pick them up early, Like I get the anxiety. And then just to let people know as well, the flight is a six hour flight to Perth this evening. Then you've got an eight hour flight to South Africa. Then you've got another hour flight. So when you think about kids in sleep, they're going all the way through the night.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get it. Ah, and you know that I think again going back to like my previous life that I had my anxiousness. I'm not going to say anxiety, because I definitely am parking that, but like my anxiousness part comes out when I go when they go, this is who you're flying with, then I go, oh, I don't want to fly with them. And so there's those parts of you that go, I understand the industry. I know all the little ins and outs that you probably shouldn't want to know. And then you just go, I don't want to do it. And under twenty four hours and again, like I said, challenge accepted if it's me, But I think my kids are like they're like, WHOA, we're going and then give me three hours on the aircraft and I will have Elsie, I'm not eating that. How much long are we going to be on this plane? I'm so hungry, I'm so perty I need this, I need that. And you just go yeah, because you'll be tired too. Yeah, it's a big trip. You're fly in on the night flight kind of thing, and then you've just got two days on ground. And then then I got told her you should be excited. You'll be flying home with Sam on his flight home. Is that exciting?
Speaker 2: Well a Toyhalt's not exciting about it is that you're flying back economy and he's in business.
Speaker 1: And this lovely, lovely lady that I would not want her job. She's organizing all of this and she works obviously for the TV show and she's like, oh, be so nice. And I was like, will it like that sarcasm? Just like it's seeping through the boat, will it? I mean? Okay, let's let's she's also lights head, probably twenty five no kids, Yeah, it doesn't have a clue. Loves travel so exciting they or you should love sitting in economy while your husband's in business with the kids all night long. It's gonna be Wow, that's wild. Yeah. Well let's look at the positive. Okay. Imagine if he wins a positive, that's awesome because that goes straight to the charity, and this charity is phenomenal. Find your feet yep.
Speaker 2: Imagine if I'm saying this like I don't even believe my own sentence, but imagine if you get to purse all is great, Like that's the evening flight you settle in for the next flight and the kids sleep.
Speaker 1: For eight hours. Yeap, that could happen. That could happen anything. I like the positive. No, I'm going with your positive, so I'm not even letting anything else may head.
Speaker 2: Then you arrive in South Africa. You got one hour flight, which is easy. You know, you get on by the time you're dissenting. What's it called descending? You're like on the flight for like half an hour twenty minutes. Ye that one's easy. You get into Africa and then have a beautiful sleep in the hotel next day filming.
Speaker 1: I guess only if there's still a possibility.
Speaker 2: And then maybe the next day you can do a little safari with the animals and then come back.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: It could be amazing.
Speaker 1: It's going to be amazing. It's going to be amazing. I mean I could spin it and tell you what will happen to my children when we land in South Africa if it doesn't go as positively like that. I mean, there's a lot of animals, the big fiver are in that jungle. Yeah, I could leave them behind. Let's not do that. Let's keep it positive. No, you're going to be positive. I'm taking a positive. They are beyond excited.
Speaker 2: That particular airline that you're worried about. You know it might exceed expectations. You never know, and if you don't get there, you won't know any never never know, if you never ever go, well, what if you don't make it?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's an awkward switch to me and