Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne. This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren Clint here as well. We're doing it. Thanks so mates to Shelready Express. I am back in the nov studios in Melbourne. You guys are still in California.
Speaker 2: For we are.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles, Los Angeles and from Hollywood to wellness and the biggest sporting events on the planet. California really is the ultimate playground and you guys got to experience that firsthand. Yesterday we did.
Speaker 3: We have the full Hollywood treatment, Jace. We went to downtown la to the world premiere of Crime one O one, starring our very own Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 4: We walked the red carpet or white carpet, didn't we.
Speaker 2: Yes, you waddled up it with your little broken.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear the professionalism of this chat. This is Lauren and Clint one on one with Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 4: Our next guest is an Ouzzy icon, a sex symbol and Lauren's personal good mads.
Speaker 5: Very very good friends, i'd say, one of my best mates.
Speaker 4: His new role is a bit different from Thor as he leads this danked cast of criminal thriller Crime one oh one.
Speaker 5: Those high value item as your company insurance. My key's gonna make them disappear and no one gets heard.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the show. Chris hems Well.
Speaker 2: Chris Hemsworth, Hello, my friend, Hello, my friend.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're very well.
Speaker 3: We're thrilled to be here in LA for the world premiere of Crime one oh one. Thank you very much, next movie I've ever seen you in.
Speaker 5: I heard you you've seen it and loved it. Thank you for all the wonderful compliments you gave us. If you can tell the audience why you loved it and your favorite parts, specifically, the.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see, that's why I heard you entered the super Bowl and didn't watch the film.
Speaker 3: We haven't watched the film, but we're here for the premiere tonight, so we're gonna watch it tonight.
Speaker 5: And that's the best way to see you. Often I do these interviews and people have watched it on their laptop and so on, and it's like you don't get the full experience. So this is this is deserves the big screen, and that's where you're going to see it tonight.
Speaker 2: That's what we thought. That's why we waited till ton.
Speaker 5: The only reason you went to the Super Bowl was too so you could come to the premiere tonight.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly right, nailed it.
Speaker 3: What I do know about the film is that it is a it's different to what we're used to seeing you in.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, different film, a different characters that I've played before. It's a pays sort of tribute. I guess it a sort of an homage to the eighties, nineties, early two thousands heist movies, the classic films that I loved watching I've always wanted to be a part of, but we don't tend to make too many of them anymore. But there's a sort of a grit and authenticity to it as Crazy Car Chase is an action but complex characters emotional depth, but it is it's a character driven thriller. And there were you know, the films like Hot a Heat and Collateral with films that I grew up loving, and to be in one now was a dream. It's one of the best experiences I've had.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I was going to ask, These are the kinds of movies you loved watching when you were younger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was and I've done so much in this sort of action space and the fantasy space. I was looking to do something that was grounded and at a character that was more relatable than a guy with a hammer and a red cape, which I love doing. But this was a nice little departure from that, and this script, when it came my way, provided that opportunity. And also I think for an audience, we don't tend to see these films anymore, you know, films like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a bit of nostalgia.
Speaker 5: There is nostalgia, absolutely, there's I mean the classics that are highest film highest films offer such a beautiful structure as far as storytelling goes. Anyway, there's a you know, you're constantly building to a big crescendo, you're building to a big heist, and so what it promises a certainly delivers. But it provides, as far as storytelling goes, a edgy seat type momentum. And for me, you know, looking at the how they got to certain places is always the most exciting. Like you look at Ocean's eleven and those films, it's all in the build up and there's a lot of that, and there's.
Speaker 4: Cool cast as well. We would. Laura and I were just talking about in the car on the way here, how fun will to work with those guys.
Speaker 5: Amazing cast, Tale Berry, Mark Ruffalo, Barrick Yogan, Monica Babaro, Nick Nolty. It was like I signed onto the film first, and then each person that came on was like Christmas morning unwrapping, you know, your favorite presidence. It was like she said yes, and he said yes, and off we went, and everyone just kind of you know, it lifts your game when you work with people of that that level and that color.
Speaker 3: So you don't know the cast when you sign up to a film, it's you first, and then they walk around you.
Speaker 5: It depends sometimes, you know, it depends where in the you know, in the process you are. And I've signed on to plenty of things like Last you know, and you come in and go, oh cool, this Susan involved. Whereas this was like when you sign on first as sort of a leap of faith in you know, in one hand, as far as you know, I hope everyone else thinks it's as good as I think it is. And you know, I spoke to Mark Ruffalo first, and he called me and said, oh man, this is one of the best things I've read in years, and we got to do this. Let's go and then and then it carried on from there.
Speaker 1: We are on the air with movie star and good bye Yours Lossy Chris Hemsworth. We're gonna hear more of that coming up next. And I believe things get personal, Well they do.
Speaker 2: Yes, he plays a thief.
Speaker 4: In the movie Good Thief, Right, Handsome Thief.
Speaker 2: Clint put me on the spot in front of my friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a question that I asked Chris Hemsworth that made Laurence squirm.
Speaker 1: And we'll hear it next.
Speaker 3: We are here in la We caught up with Chris Hemsworth yesterday and last night we went here the premiere of his brand new movie Crime When I Want.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Clint brilliant in it. It's very different for him.
Speaker 1: You and laws and Chris have years of friendship. Clint, was it the first time you're meeting him in the flesh?
Speaker 4: No, I met him once before, but more time I did. Actually, yeah, I was actually, yeah, I was hugging a lot of people at the at the after show drinks last night.
Speaker 2: You went straight up to Matt Damon and gave him a hut.
Speaker 4: Did get my hug?
Speaker 1: You gave him a hug?
Speaker 2: You ever meet him? Actually, Matt was like, oh my god, it's Clint.
Speaker 3: He straight away was like Clanser, Cliner, Hey loss Clincer do yea Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was like, and I asked for a photo? Did you get embarrassed.
Speaker 2: A little?
Speaker 1: Did you do you ask for the photo straight away?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, it was later and the night was after he'd gone to the photo booth at the premiere and got a portrait of himself.
Speaker 1: We will post those photos on our social now. Right now, this is part two of The Guys Catching Up with Chris.
Speaker 5: It comes to a moment when you realize, yeah, I don't know it as much time as you thought you had.
Speaker 3: Today's the World premiere. I know you've been on the road for a couple of weeks. What do these weeks look like for you? Kind of behind the scenes for those who just see you roll out in all these interviews, And what is to a day like today look like for you?
Speaker 5: Well, you sort of every two to three days in a different country or a different city, so you're kind of battling a bit of jet lag, and each each ijel I try and make the make sure there's a sauna in it, because it's one of the best gun. It just gets me out of that jet lag travel fog. But I'll get up, have a train a sauna if I can. And then it starts it and at eight am you get your stilist and your hair and makeup and all make your looks at it pretty and then off you go and interview after interview after interview, and then a screening at nighttime and whether it's live TV or you know, big talk shows in the States, you know, Jimmy Fallon and so on, and then the big premieres like tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he does it because we've been away for a week. Our diet is consisted of what hot dogs, chili fries.
Speaker 2: I've run out of I've run out of unders.
Speaker 4: I'm pre born today, Like, how want.
Speaker 5: To do it?
Speaker 3: Mane?
Speaker 4: How on earth do you do it?
Speaker 5: How do you keep you get to a point where you're about to collapse? If it went like one week further, you've been in trouble. But I mean when there's enthusiasm like I do genuinely love this film, and the response has been, you know, hugely positive and so I'm so thankful for that that keeps you going. I've been impressed to us where it's not that case, and that's like, that's a grind to talk about trying to get up in the morning, and it's like, you know, can I call in sick today?
Speaker 4: It's like, can we talk quickly about you as a thief? What sort of thief are you in life? Generally? Yeah, And I want to ask Lauren the same question. Have you ever stolen anything of Chris's?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow, just my heart?
Speaker 2: Of course, I mean he's only human.
Speaker 3: No, I probably, Yeah, I've got a couple of your hoodies at home, I think from probably left over from parties.
Speaker 2: A couple of your base whole night.
Speaker 5: So I was off you such a.
Speaker 3: You've never asked for those back. I've still got those, but you one of you won't.
Speaker 5: Actually weren't mine. I stolen from Paul. What goes around comes with you?
Speaker 3: One of three brothers? Did you guys steal off each other a lot?
Speaker 5: We didn't have a heap to steal. No, there was nothing of worth. It was like we grew up from household where it was kind of pretty minimal. A lot of love, but there wasn't any kind of you know, I look at my kids and they're you know, stealing each other's you know, Nike shoes and you know, rip Curl hoodies or whatever, and we couldn't afford any of that, so it was like, you know, stealing my Target T shirt.
Speaker 3: Have it?
Speaker 5: Lookliam, I don't care.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of love in your family though. I mean, I are with your parents last night. I saw Liam last night. It's pretty amazing that you live this outrageous life, but you all spend so much time together.
Speaker 2: You all support each other.
Speaker 3: I know, Liam's just flown in for a few days to be here for you tonight. It's a pretty extraordinary family unit that you've got. And as a friend, it's it's pretty amazing to watch you as a family.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and I feel very grateful for that and very aware that it's not always the case, you know, and for us, it's just been part of the course we've you know, we certainly have our me and my brothers, our conflicts and our confrontation, especially in the early years, but we I don't know, it was that sort of when you cared deeply about someone or something. There's there's there's there's passion, and we had great role models as from our parents to model what, you know, the support system look like. But I don't know we we just you can make a conscious effort to do it. But it's like anything family or friends, it's it's like who you choose. And and I was lucky enough to you know, be birthed in amongst a couple of guys that were like minded and have the same sort of enthusiasm to grab a hold of life and have fun and have a good time and support one another. And so every time I'm in a premiere and they've made the track from overseas, I don't take it for granted.
Speaker 4: I've also seen how you guys interact in the way that Lauren and Paul speak about you and the family as well. It's really really special, really lovely. You've got a great friendship. But you guys have a lot of fun as.
Speaker 5: Well, right, too much fun sometimes you know the beans it's yeah, you know, make some good decisions and some bad decisions, don't.
Speaker 2: We And we're all there for each other, for each other.
Speaker 5: And how you're a good person people like you, don't worry, pick yourself up. I give those speeches to be. No one's ever told me that because never perfect. I've never put it is perfect, mistake.
Speaker 3: Hey, congrats on the movie. I'm sure it'll be terrific when we see it tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. Valentine's Day weekend. This is it. This is the movie to take your partner two you love one.
Speaker 2: There is any romance, isn't there is?
Speaker 5: There is? There's romance, there's thvery, there's cat and mouse, psychological warfare between detective and the thief myself.
Speaker 3: Psychological warfare. Sounds like every relationship any of my life. For Valentine's Day, good luck.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to see it. Thanks to Oday.
Speaker 5: We love you, love you too.
Speaker 3: We hope this interview works because we don't have a technique in here.
Speaker 4: Hang on, what do I do now? Lauren?
Speaker 3: Lauren wake, I'm feeling good following them on the socials.