Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Hey, hey, what were we going to talk about? Oh? My god, You're going to China?
Speaker 1: Yep, tonight.
Speaker 2: What the bloody heck is going on there?
Speaker 1: Work trip?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Nice, I've wanted to go since before COVID.
Speaker 2: Nice, But obviously COVID.
Speaker 1: Happened and then China was really locked down and the whole rest of the world.
Speaker 2: But speak for me today, I keeps sniffing right into the mic. Yuck. Sorry, give me the not to do it again.
Speaker 1: So I'm finally going. I'm very excited. I'm going to source fabric at the fabric markets. And I'm also I think I'm going to go and look at some shoe factories.
Speaker 2: What to do fake shoes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: From my understanding, shoes are technical, like a lot more technical than a piece of clothing. Yeah, but why not while I'm over there, see what's out there?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because I'm fucking sick of buying my three hundred dollars sandals that I wear every day and they give me blisters. Okay, Why are so many shoes so bad? Why do we buy shoes that cost two or three hundred dollars and they give you six blisters in six different spots and you've got to wear them in for a month.
Speaker 2: My feet are raw?
Speaker 1: Like have you like how many times if you bought shoes and they fucking hurt you? Who is approving the shoes?
Speaker 2: They've got a whole.
Speaker 1: Team trying on these samples. Why doesn't anyone pick up on the fact that they fucking give you blisters? Doc Martins, A Lias may love you, a Lias may, but fuck me. Your two hundred and fifty dollars sandals have got my feet red raw.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I splashed out on added ass and it felt like there was a golf ball in my foot. They have this like hump in the middle.
Speaker 1: Who is approving this? Like this is going through so much sampling. Why is one person along the chain of command not saying, hang on, we can't sell these These give people six blisters. Who is fucking responsible? And also someone needs to come out with a brand where the shoes are just comfory from the day that you get them.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have to wear shoes in.
Speaker 1: No, especially when they're like two to three hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess you'll be the one to change the industry again. My fuster, where is it? The big toe of the little toe on my foot? Where am I looking? Bringing over here? Put your foot in my face? Blows the dogs? Are you don't have to put your foot on me? Get your foot off me? Okay? Your lister looks like a fucking cigarette burns. Oh and that's.
Speaker 1: From one pair of shoes, and then this side too. But it's not really that bad.
Speaker 2: So can you not just loosen them in a little bit?
Speaker 1: It's not these, it's another thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, Well you're off to China to make some shoes. That's good. I write my turn to gloat. You had your book on Tuesday. I've got my trip to either South Korea or Japan, right, okay, let me tell Let me tell you about this. Let me tell you about this. I probably have already made a video about this.
Speaker 1: Everyone laid down. This is going to be a long story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be I may have already made a video about this, and the video probably would be a bit more concise. I might just ramble on here, but basically, I got this email in my inbox not long ago, and as a content creator you.
Speaker 1: Sent, I was drunk when I wrote back to that, I need to actually do that for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, do it right now? Yeah, go ahead. So I get emails in my inbox, not even kidding you, every single day, every single mostly mornings. I will wake up and overnight they must be coming from, you know, other countries and things. So I wake up in the morning and the first thing in my inbox will usually be a scam. For a lot of them. What they're looking to do is access my social media accounts so they can obviously hack them and then take them over, and I guess scam my followers, or promote their own thing, or just like have an account with hundreds of thousands of followers that they can then use for whatever they want. I don't know, but for the majority of the time they're trying to take access to my account. So every single day I'll have either we can get you verified. I'm already verified on every account, but they can get me verified. I get a lot like come on the Chelsea Handler podcast, which I've actually fallen for in the past, and like I've set it up with my manager and then we figured out later down the track it's a scam. There are some really smart ways that they do it. There are things that they'll say, we'll send you on this trip here, and you owe us this many posts, and then like when you do it, they're like when we start the conversation, then all of a sudden, it's like, we just need your bank details just to make sure you're legit, and I'm going, hang on, we need to make sure you're legit. So anyway, I get this email not long ago and it's like, we want to send you to South Korea or Japan, and I was like, now, why would I have an option going to either of those countries? Like that just seems really random to me. So they said, like, are you interested? And sometimes when I get these scams as well, sometimes I will reply to the ones that I think can go somewhere funny and do it for a bit because I think it'll either lead to a fabulous podcast segment, a funny video online, or even for my live shows. My next live show that I'm doing, I hope to incorporate a digital kind of aspect, you know how they like stand there and like kind of do a side show of sorts Like I feel like there might be one of those. So I'm like, these sorts of things could lead to really funny bits on the Internet. So sometimes I will reply to the scams, knowing they're a scam, and obviously not give them any information, but see how much I can get out of them, and it might lead somewhere. It literally never has. So anyway, I get this email, We're gonna send you to Japan or South Korea. I was like, yeah, right, So I reply and I'm like, yeah, I'm interested seeing where we can go with this. I get another email back and it's like fill out this form and I go, here we go. So this will last for my bank details or my passport number or something. They want to steal my identity. Right, And the thing is with these scams, they all come from really legit looking emails and really legit looking you know people and all the rest of that. Like they've done really really well. We are past the point of you know, remember in two thousand and sixty a year six email at school, you'd get, I am the Prince of Nigeria and I have thirty billion dollars to give you. Like now it's a little bit more. They're very smart, they're very switched on. And so I filled out this form. Well, I looked at the form and I was like, they're really not asking for many details here, So I feel like it's safe to fill out this form. And I was like, oh, we'll give this a guy. It could lead somewhere, it might not, and I was like, I might also be legit, but I've got no idea, but I'll fill it out anyway. Anyway, Like a week later, someone I'm on live on TikTok and someone comments, how does it feel to be nominated for the for the Cluck Trip? And I went, sorry, probably nominated for the Cluck Trip. So Kluk is sending eight people to either South Korea or Japan, and I've been nominated as a finalist and people have to vote for me to go. And the funniest part is like there was just no confirmation. You just thought it was scared and if there was, if it was confirmed at the time of the live, I hadn't because since now I've since spoken to them and been like, wait, this is legit, like and I asked a couple questions. I was like, how does this work? And I'm not really sure, and like they didn't tell me the dates that we were going to be going or anything like that, like I could have been in America when we were going. I literally had no idea, and I was like when this person commented, I was like, what do you mean? And then they were like sent the link in the tiktop and then I couldn't click it because I was on the TikTok live anyway. Then I had to get my laptop and I was like, oh my god, I'm literally nominated for this trip, like officially on the on the Kluk website and all. And I'm going to be honest with you, like I'm still really confused about the whole thing. But you can vote for me. So we'll put a link in the show notes to go and vote for me. Please.
Speaker 1: Usually just voted for you.
Speaker 2: It takes fifteen seconds. The good thing is because I was like, maybe this is still a scam, right, maybe this isn't the real clue. I mean, it looks really legit. But I was like, okay, so how does the voting process work, because you know, sometimes you have to vote for things and you have to type in a phone number and an email and blah blah blah blah blah. And I was like, right, maybe that's there. It's someone trying to get like people's you know, in the hopes that I would be like, vote for me, and then you'd go over and then you have to put your email in, So now you're the one being scammed. Like I was looking into all of that. This is before I spoke to it.
Speaker 1: So easy for me to vote just in I just touched your name and press submit.
Speaker 2: And that's it. You don't have to put any information.
Speaker 1: In collecting emails.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I ended up speaking to them over the weekend, and I had an email anyway that was like you're a finalist. But this email came after it had already been live, so someone had already found it and someone else must have known and posted about it. I don't know. Anyway, it doesn't seem like it's a scam. You won't get scammed if you vote, because there's no way for them to get any information or anything. You voted as well, Hannah, thank you. So if you could click the link in the show notes and vote for me. Now, I'm pretty sure you can only vote once per device, so if you do have multiple devices, you can do that or incognito Windows. I don't know, but I've tried to vote for myself again, like on my phone, and it still says submitted even a couple days later. But this is just a journey that we're all going to go on together, and like, if I win, we'll just see where it takes us. Because at this point, I'm like, right, it's obviously real. I've spoken to them. You don't have to put any details in when you vote for me, and I just wasn't convinced that it was real, but it really seems like it's real. So now I need you all on board to vote for me so that I can go to one of these countries, which South Korea would be fun. I've really got no interest in going there and never have, but if I get to go, of course I'm going to take the opportunity. I would like to go back to Japan because I only went that one time when I was fifteen, and obviously now I'm an adult, and I'd like to do that again and maybe not get held hostage this time.
Speaker 1: But talking like someone that fucking does the races coming forward.
Speaker 2: And because I had a double shot coffee this morning and then had a V and I got halfway through my pink V and I went fuck. I already had a coffee this morning because I had to be up early because someone had to come and fix out air content. You're sorry. Sorry anyway, the point of the fact of the matter is vote for me down below, and if I get to go, you'll all be coming on the journey with me. I'm ninety nine percent sure it's not a scam, and it really is Cluk. It's on the website. It's on the website. But it's just funny that I literally filled out this form thinking this could go somewhere good. Who offers a free trip? Because the other thing as well, Sorry, I do want to say the other thing that led me to think it was a scam is I've never worked with Kluk before. This was just a cold call email from them, So it's not like Kluk is someone who i've you know, a brand that I've worked with and I have, so I have no idea who works at Kluk. I have no idea about any of that, so it wasn't like it was a relationship I already have. They also aren't paying me at all. Obviously I'll get the free trip if I win, But right now they don't know that I'm talking about this on the podcast. They don't know that I've made a video about it, Like unless they happen to stumble across this podcast or they're a scroller. I'm not sure that whether they know or not. So click the link, you say vote now, and then you just vote for me in the glam Fam section and hopefully I get to go on that trip because I'm in my jet setting era this year. Apparently.
Speaker 1: Well, I've voted for you, and I'll make AJ and all the fake girls vote for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and I just want to steal.
Speaker 1: The spotlight off you again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look.
Speaker 1: Number one on Book Too Nice, followed by the Let Them Theory by Mel Robins, followed by Sunrise on the repeating.
Speaker 2: That's that new Hunger Games book, so for you to be at the top is actually pretty special.
Speaker 1: On nick Storm is number six. Aren't you reading that?
Speaker 2: Or I did? But that's fine that it's at six, but that sunrise on the reaping and the let them theory to be above them, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Slayok, and vote for Matt. This has just been a begging episode.
Speaker 2: I know, sorry, but I just think there's a funny little story behind the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And yeah what Someone commented on my YouTube video last night saying I did get ready with me talking doing my makeup, and then I was talking about the book. Someone commented, so, is this channel just one big infomercial now? And I said, yes, absolutely, everything we do is one big infomercial if you really think about it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All the content that we post, for sure, it's all promoting ourselves. Yeah, so don't try and shame me for promoting myself, because that's what social media fucking is.
Speaker 2: Savry.
Speaker 1: Vote for Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm kind of certain it's not a scam.
Speaker 1: It's not still You're never bloody. No, it's the beast opportunity they could have been collecting emails with the voting, like the fact that I could just tap your name and click submit and don't have to put anything about myself. They have missed out on adding more people to their mailing list.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, but I'm kind of glad about that because you know, it makes it really easy for people to vote. But anyway, look, I just love that I started this as like, oh, this could be a good bit for the socials of the podcast. Imagine this string these guys along and now here I am actually with a potential to go. And there's some other core creators that are nominated to in other categories, so you can vote for them as well. I'd love to go with Jack Coop.
Speaker 1: That would be fun.
Speaker 2: And bam, it's Joanne and I don't actually because they're good friends of mine. But I don't actually know Anthony what's his name? Undiagnosed Anthony, but his videos are hilarious and oh yes sweet he does a sweet trees. He made this video not long pissed at because he just says stuff.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care what he says.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care what he says. The other day literally made this video that was like I just think, like, if you're good looking, you're boring, Like you have to be boring because you haven't been you haven't been how did he put it? He was like you haven't been through enough, Like trials in your life from being unattractive, that you haven't been bullied enough to be a funny person or interesting person. So if you're just hot and you've had everything handed to you, like, you're just a boring person, right. It's I don't want to mention any names, but like Leah Houlton and I was like, whoa like like just dropping names like that? What about MICHAELA tester's doing the Anna Paul stuff.
Speaker 1: I know I haven't watched any of them. I don't have enough time, but I'm liking the recaps and everyone's posting on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I'm not across part two yet because at the time of recording, it has only just dropped over the weekend. But for her to just be like, oh yeah, it broke my heart actually to see her say that apparently evidently evidently, no, not evidently allegedly allegedly sorry, Allegedly Anna was saying not nice things about Jack Cooper, and Jack Cooper was a big an Apple fan, So that makes me sad. So I have to dive into part two a bit deeper.
Speaker 1: I I was just going to say something good Now I can't remember. I think in this whole Anapple Mikayla Tester thing, the silence from the polls says everything that we need to know. I know, we spoke about this ages ago when like the first lot of stuff came out, But if you are innocent, you would come out and talk about it. The silence is deafening, That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like if someone was accusing me of this sort of stuff, I'd jump on straight away and be like, I don't know what the bloody heck, this bitch just fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's the but here's the truth.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it is interesting, Like why is it taking so long? I don't know. Anyway, it's just too big because a lot of people have been asking us to kind of speak about it, and when I do, my lives people will be like, are you going to speak about the Anapaul stuff on the podcast and also in the scrollers broadcast channel as well. People have been asking one, I'm not entirely across it and know enough to say too much on it, But second of all, I don't know how to say what I want to say. But I'm just kind of like, what have we got to add to the conversation at the end of the day. You know what I mean, who cares what way you think?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Who are we?
Speaker 1: We are those pitches, bitches.
Speaker 2: We are those bitches. And you know what, those bitches will see you next Tuesday,