Speaker 1: Chagni Valt. Well, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the podcasts. Here in a really really nice spot for some information mixed with a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Humor, hopefully.
Speaker 3: We spoke about work perks, the little things that you get for.
Speaker 2: Free from your workplace.
Speaker 1: Maybe you thought they're good, maybe they're not.
Speaker 3: And I tell you what, we didn't see this one coming.
Speaker 1: He bumped into an old friend of mine.
Speaker 2: I hear, this was so bizarre.
Speaker 3: So I was in down on the Flori Openinsula for a couple of days and I went and had lunch at the Port Elliott Bakery there.
Speaker 1: Of course, did you have to line up for like seven hours?
Speaker 3: Seven hours?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I stood in the line, I went around the corner and up down to the beach.
Speaker 1: You better have put it on social media too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so I ducked into a little shop next door just to have a bit of a browse because I had some time. And the guy behind the counter I just got chatting to and he goes, you work with Andrew Hayes, And I said, yes, unfortunately I do. And he said I gave him his first job here in Adelaide, And I was like, oh, really, and he goes, yes, I ran the Globalized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to work with Globalize. Who remembers globalized?
Speaker 3: Globalized? Oh it was like classic Andrew.
Speaker 1: It was very cool Globalise back in the day, was it. Yeah, maybe it wasn't. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Any who, his name was Ben. We had a lovely chash and he said, yes, Andrew used to really take advantage of the travesty t shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that that was the thing. Thirteen twenty four ten, let's talk about work perks and some little what you probably thought at the time. We're good, solid work perts that really worked for you advantage. But now when you look back, you're like, wasn't actually a big deal at all?
Speaker 3: So your travesty t shirts talked me through them. Were they like fifty percent off.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, you helped yourself well more so I think I get thirty percent off. These are travesty T's. But the big perk for me was I would get exclusive access right to these particular travesty t shirts. I'm pretty sure as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. But Travesy doesn't exist anymore because it went under which I mean just shocks me. Who saw that coming?
Speaker 3: So to me, if something goes under, it's because it's not very cool or not very popular, and yet you thought you were cool as cat in town.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Ben convinced me as well at the time that it was super super cool. Right, So I'd rock these travesty t shirts and I'd wear them ount to the Ponderosa as well, Elizabeth before centralist training. And you can imagine as well. You've got the twins there, Chris and James gowns feedback who were probably dressed in slippers.
Speaker 3: A little bit of feedback for you.
Speaker 1: Not really understanding what are the cool kids are wearing these days? Yeah, but yeah, that was a solid work work for me. Also to work at the Greenwood Hotel in North Sydney and you would get half priced liquor. That's always a good one. Oh that's bad, buy some cases a beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Can we just go back to the travesty t shirts for one?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm actually wearing one right now.
Speaker 3: So you'd be a large any day of the week. But I reckon, when you selected your travesties, you went a small, yeah, just so it was really tight around the bicicyle.
Speaker 1: Hasn't fashion changed as well?
Speaker 2: So back then, no, no, what size did you go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd go medium, a good solid medium because it had to be really tight fitting as well. So now everything's really quite loose. I'm not sure if that's just to you know, accentuate or really really some spare sort of storage space from our big guts that's hanging out at the minute. But back then everything was so everyone's loose.
Speaker 3: Look look at Abbey in the newsroom. I look at producers. Are everyone's rolling their eyes because you don't have loose scouts?
Speaker 1: Mate, you don't, Okay.
Speaker 3: You're ripped.
Speaker 2: It's got loose lips.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: You call unique work perks, and I'm through thirteen twenty four ten. We do have some of these school holiday packages to give away as well, so our best call one hundred dollars reading cinema voucher and two hundred dollars beach house voucher. But each different workplace has unique work perks.
Speaker 3: Back in the day at Channel ten, when we had like a really extensive hair and makeup set up, we used to get thirty percent off at Mac. Oh. Wow, any woman who's ever worn makeup who loves Mac, Yeah, that's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: That is a really big deal.
Speaker 3: Mac never goes on sale.
Speaker 1: Yeatrey thirteen, twenty four ten. What about you, Abby, because you've been around the place and then you've been to excuse me strictly talking about workplaces.
Speaker 3: Saying about Abby.
Speaker 5: I'm lucky, I yeh have worked for I've been in radio for the last sort of six years. But you get to go to a lot of stuff, I guess, and things like I went to Mary Poppins on Wednesday night, and there's a lot of people out there at the moment with cost of living who can't afford to be doing that sort of stuff. So you never take it for granted. And I'm very grateful, but just remember that I didn't get into bed to eleven o'clock and had to be.
Speaker 2: Back up at three.
Speaker 5: There's work perks, but it also puts me at a loss.
Speaker 3: You've managed to go to the opening night of Mary Poppins and still had a winge about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I napped on the couch.
Speaker 1: Hear and over. If you're working over. One of the perks is you get a birthday shout out from Smallsey. That's pretty cool. Made that up. Got to Amanda, an old gay good morying to you, Amanda.
Speaker 6: How are you going guys?
Speaker 1: What was your work pack?
Speaker 3: Well, I used to.
Speaker 6: Work in a frozen chips factory and I could get as much frozen chips as I wanted, and boxes and boxes of fifteen kilos of chips. Freezer was always always full.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 3: Are we're talking your crinkle cut, your standard, your French fries?
Speaker 2: What were they, Amanda?
Speaker 6: It was a bit of a variety. They did a bit of prinkle cut. Shoe string, Yeah, whatever I wanted.
Speaker 2: The box was good living the dream.
Speaker 1: Shoe string so hard to hard to go past. That isn't that string? Very nice?
Speaker 3: Probably the worst chip Actually, yeah, there's nothing. There's no potato in it.
Speaker 1: Fat, This isn't chip chat. Okay, it's work Perks. Hating from gugle Bach. Good ony to you, Hayden.
Speaker 7: Hey, how you doing good?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Mabe. What was your work Perck?
Speaker 7: I actually used to work as a promotional model and I was actually working for Pringles as the ringleman.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got one of those great big mustaches.
Speaker 2: I actually do as well.
Speaker 1: As mister good stuff because Springles aren't cheap. That's a good person.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, well I was working as the like as the Pringleman and the guy at the end of the the gig. He was just like, we're in Sydney. I don't know what we do. All these extra Pringle cans and he was just like, oh, do you want to take some home? I was like yes, I pulled up my station wagon and just loaded the whole car and then my parents' garage was just filled to the brim with.
Speaker 1: Just s Pringle cans for months before we let you go there all sorts of flavors or what are we talking?
Speaker 3: We weren't doing chip chat and now you're doing it.
Speaker 7: Oh like we had the just like the original soukread chibes.
Speaker 1: And very good.
Speaker 3: Pushing about fourteen dollars on the Virgin flight on the way back for can that be?
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, I'm not paying for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Michelle from Mount Barker. Good morning, Michelle, what was.
Speaker 2: Your work perk?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been an as for years, so I think my biggest.
Speaker 1: Look after so then so then how regularly, Michelle? Are you going to a colonosky when it's on the do you have one?
Speaker 3: I don't know if we should delve too far into this, But what's the feeling like? What's the sensation of having a colonoscopy.
Speaker 1: When it was free? Yeah, that's an outstanding worker. Of a sudden, I wouldn't be so scared of the doctor.
Speaker 2: Do you feel.
Speaker 3: Cleaner though, Michelle? After?
Speaker 7: She's still very clean?
Speaker 1: That is a very good word, perks. We appreciate that.
Speaker 4: What if dot com helps ossies make the most out of every.
Speaker 1: Trip, book a hotel, fight, lay, check out and spa all before you can say breaking my face, jump.
Speaker 4: On the waterfap and get started.
Speaker 1: What if it's Ossie for travel?
Speaker 2: Take a sip of your coffee, settle into your seats.
Speaker 4: All good?
Speaker 2: This is Adelaide's Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 3: And have you just said in the newsroom that the Thunderbirds won?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, didn't I wow? Is that the first time you're hearing about this?
Speaker 2: You didn't even know? I didn't even follow it.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: How good is someone?
Speaker 8: How good?
Speaker 1: Someone who jumps on board right at the point the end of the season, la German Jodyoti, who just went are the Thunderbirds playing in the Grand Final? Maybe I'll get around them.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll be your super fair and right at the last minute. Oh my goodness, well done girls.
Speaker 1: You've been talking about this since twenty thirteen. Now finally the gurl's got it done. Can you just give the Thunderbirds a rest, Just give me a spell.
Speaker 3: It's been ten years in the making and I feel like, do you know what I feel like? I've won two premierships for the Thunderbirds ten years apart. Oh wow, that's quite the achievement for me.
Speaker 1: The drought is over. Look, what an unbelievable occasion for Adelaide Sport on the weekend. It was really really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was good. I mean not so good for the Crows.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay. We've got the job done as they expect to do against the Gold Coast. A quick little mention as well. You a member of the team.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Good morning to you, am? And Bran Jos is looking around going what.
Speaker 2: If I've been replying?
Speaker 1: So there's quick there's your official welcome from Jodiodi am. That was heartfelt welcome em.
Speaker 2: We're so happy to have you on board.
Speaker 1: Very good stuff. Started the school holidays as well. It's very exciting, or maybe it isn't for her parents who've got little toddlers who are litt grummins like my wife. Yeah, I think my kids as well.
Speaker 2: Oh you made them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to sort you out with a couple of little school holidays packages to give away throughout the next a couple of weeks. So we're talking one hundred dollar at reading cinema ouchers and two hundred dollar a beach house. About you, we'll give that away a little bit later on. Stick around for that.
Speaker 2: I need during the school holidays. You're a mum or dad.
Speaker 1: It is big times.
Speaker 2: Had enough of them? Go and do something kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are feeling generous though, aren't we here? We are right back in. Let's do this. Is not good at decisions? How about you?
Speaker 2: Horrible?
Speaker 1: Okay? What about this? Two incredible prices a share of ten thousand dollars instant cash or the chance to win a brand new MG car valued at twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: What do you even do?
Speaker 1: What do you do? Is you're just listening out for a particular song. What is it? Well, it's this little banger from Dua Lipa. What we'll do is we'll play this little doozy before nine o'clock, first through third and twenty fourteen, and then you've got a hell of a decision to make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's becore.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it an instant cash? Sure? The chance for an MG? Do you know I saw a cruising around an MG the other day, Ken Hickley, I'm not even joking.
Speaker 3: Kenny drives an MG. Yeah.
Speaker 1: MG got a big partnership with port Adelot.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do what color?
Speaker 1: I think it was black? You've been lowered and it had the lights coming out the bottom as well. Yeah, and not His number plate was u N one zero A b L.
Speaker 2: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Work that out?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: One zero A b L.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's quite grippic, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, I'm normally quite quick with this stuff, but right now I'm stumped.
Speaker 4: A job that was a joke. That's a joke, a terrible job.
Speaker 1: This is how you start the wak rites, spit of humor, just to ease you into your working week. So I'll have a crack of it, Joe's I'll love a crack at it, and we recruit the big dogs in in terms of humor, and that is news. Good morning is in the.
Speaker 3: Room, and she looks like she wants to be anywhere.
Speaker 2: Else but here?
Speaker 1: Why are you shaking nervous?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 5: I am going. I'm just grat at everything, but it turns out there's one thing I suck at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell Joe, that's okay. We'll make you go last, just to really build it up.
Speaker 1: We'll build it up. Okay, who would like to go first?
Speaker 3: I will mine's it's short, but it's good. All right, you're ready. Two pickles fell out of a jar onto the floor. What did one side of the other deal with it?
Speaker 1: That's what we're dealing with here. Do you know what?
Speaker 3: You? And I?
Speaker 2: Because now I don't feel so crappy?
Speaker 3: Okay, deal pickle?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Do I have to explain my own joke?
Speaker 1: Deal pickle? What is the pickles type? Deals? People?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh he didn't, thank you, Thank you, I've got you back.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about horrible No my nine, no one, anyone.
Speaker 1: I say that.
Speaker 3: I will all right? Going?
Speaker 1: Then I know exactly what Jade's doing. She's setting the bar so low. Did you can't fail from your apps? That's good? All right? So let's try and go in a more of a positive upwards trajectory with this one from okay. A man walks into a library and says to the librarian, do you have a book for men with small you know what? You know what I'm talking about. The librarian looks on a computer and says, let me just check. I'm not sure if that one's in yet. The man replies, yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 3: You get it.
Speaker 1: Little joke about small doodles is a brute. I didn't get any approvable. Horrified, I didn't get any.
Speaker 2: Of that's worse than my seal.
Speaker 1: We're still on. Hello, you're still on. I haven't been dumped.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, here we go the stage set.
Speaker 1: It's a big moment here.
Speaker 3: I told a.
Speaker 5: Joke on a Zoom meeting the other day and nobody laughed. Turns out I'm not even remotely funny.
Speaker 4: Get it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hamm, let me just press this. Here we go. It's coming to know what's coming anymore.
Speaker 3: Because he doesn't understand. You get a look on your face.
Speaker 1: Is it on me or is it on Abby? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: I'm still fixated on your jokey. You should have ended that.
Speaker 1: Also, this is the part where you say, I'm never doing this.
Speaker 3: If you don't love my jokes, I'm not doing it again, and then you storm out.
Speaker 2: Do you know how nice the last two weeks?
Speaker 4: If dot com helps Ossies make the most out of every trip.
Speaker 1: Book, a hotel, fight, lay, check out and spa all before you can say Ricky my.
Speaker 4: Face, jump on the waterfap and get started.
Speaker 1: What if it's Ossie for travel.
Speaker 2: On the weekend sports rap?
Speaker 3: Just for those playing along at home. He's wearing a white shirt, a suit jacket and added our shorts.
Speaker 1: What's going on here? He's very famous as well, as we've mentioned before for mixing up his sports brands. Yeah, he's got one new balanced sock on the other one's Puma. He's got a Brooks right shoe and a sore Coney left shoe brand.
Speaker 3: You just pick a brand and be loyal, can you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Normally we would start with football, not today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who would have thought? Let's go with this running it You won't believe it. Joe's been going for the Thunderbird since Friday last. For me, no, what a win?
Speaker 8: I mean, third game in four weeks against the Swifts and extra time again and the way they did it, it was just nail biting stuff. I was at the port game calling that one, and at halftime we're doing the halftime wrap, we stopped doing it and we called the netball.
Speaker 2: It was so much more exciting. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: So good loyalty from you, because I text my good friend Andrew on Saturday afternoon and I said, you'd better be watching, and he's like, oh, it's a bit of a toss up.
Speaker 2: Got the port game, got the cricket.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: See how we goes well?
Speaker 1: Quite literally. So I stayed to work and we had three TVs going, but we had the sound up for Thunderbirds while they were getting the job done, and look, I'm going to say it, but boy almost coughed it up.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Was it nine goal lead?
Speaker 3: At one stage it was a nine goal lead. And then they sort of really choked and went into their shell and started passing backwards and across the circle, which one ruling netbull never ever throw across the circle. And right sure enough, there was an intercept and it went into overtime. But being there was the most emotional rollercoaster I've ever been on. And I've been through some stuff, divorces, all sorts of things, but.
Speaker 2: This was like, this was the next level for me? How good was it?
Speaker 8: And the atmosphere just sounded phenomenal to be there must have been so next level and first in ten years. Great result for the US and it's just nice to have some silverware back in this state again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go on, Joe, give us a bit of a flex who started following before just on Instagram.
Speaker 3: No, I told you not to make a big I said, don't make a big deal of this. Tipped one was just that it's fine, ready, just what happens on a Monday morning, as from Monday settled.
Speaker 2: Down, mate, it's so fine, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's seamlessly merge into some footy.
Speaker 4: Sixteen ten one of the six.
Speaker 2: Seven seventy to three.
Speaker 1: Small Oh yes you report Adelaide support. You be up in about thirteen a row, although all be it. Rather that comes with a couple of changes force changes for next week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Trent McKenzie's the big one. Isn't he Hazy going to be out for at least a few weeks you'd think with that ankle injury, which probably means Tom Jonas, the captain who can't get a game, comes back in So it's a chance for him to get a reprieve and have a run at the finals. Now, not a good injury though, I mean McKenzie's been really solid, I'd think one of the best defenders, so that's that's a bad blow. But they have got options in the sandfall that are pushing through. Xavier Dursmer, a Ratza, Fantasia, others are playing well. Jas Bergoine's playing pretty solid stuff as well. But they're going to be without juniory Oly as well because unfortunately a personal bereavement I think the anniversary of his father passing away. So a couple of force changes. But that third quarter on the week can from the Power was the breathtaking nine goals to one when they turn it on port as exciting to watch as any side in the competition.
Speaker 3: This is going to sound silly, but do they need to have a loss now?
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 8: You feel like they keep just getting over the line, not so much on the weekend, but maybe although I think Geelong one's sixteen in a row or thereabouts last year, so maybe just keep on winning.
Speaker 2: Sid to what you know, if it coomes to habits, keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Just keep doing it for South Park fans as well. I'm just going to tell you this I reenacted. I think I almost reenact that stands dad and mean, that's quite famous on Instagram after Connor Rosie's goal. Okay, that's probably one of the best goals that I've ever seen.
Speaker 8: I mean, you're talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Hopefully on you and I know about that, but not too many.
Speaker 3: Others you're talking about even talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's leave it at that. Do it that way. It was could be goal of the year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: If you start it where he's up against the boundary, keeps it in, dribbles it along the ground in wet conditions. To do that, you don't get the sort of bounce back that you do on a dry night or dry day.
Speaker 2: He's just he's a special player. Sorry to Bray Bruce's.
Speaker 3: Words, I will say this, there is nothing that you wouldn't do for commora.
Speaker 1: And when I show you this meme, it's all going to make sense in a really disturbing way. Home Over, take a big step towards finals football and kick the We're never gonna be honest with your I tip the Crows. So I thought, here we go let's just completely get rid of that traveling curse.
Speaker 8: Who do That's as poor a performance I think this year and probably a flattering eighteen point margin. It felt like it should have been seven or eight goals were they were belted and they were uncompetitive at times. That was so disappointing for a match where it meant so much. If they won, they would have been fifth and now they're ninth instead against the side that's also fighting with them. Not good enough and you know they've been so good in so many games, but that was a poor one. So they need to respond now this week against g WS at home. But Matthew Nicks I'm sure will be pretty tough at selection because you know he can't be accepted.
Speaker 3: Is it just like a mental thing on the road.
Speaker 8: I think it's starting to become that way, isn't it, because you know Matthew Nicks has addressed it, said we need to work on this, and it seems to not be happening that they're winning. They were very good admittedly against Collingwood and probably should have won that game, but yesterday was poor Joe's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real, really bad and a really good call for me to get on a flight and come home because I was tempted to stay and go to Marvel Stadium and watch that game.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, nah, yeah, are you a call for me?
Speaker 1: It's a really good call for you.
Speaker 8: What it does mean, Hazy, is that the showdown could become critical for the Power to stay in the top two, but also the Crows to make the finals. So we're looking forward to a showdown there. And speaking of showdowns, there's a lot of handball showdowns that are going to be happening and I'm looking forward to those. I think this is just me, but I think there should be a showdown between the two.
Speaker 1: Of you as part of no handball blitch.
Speaker 8: I think the handball blitz, I think it needs to be a bit of Hazy up against a.
Speaker 1: Bit of Jody, like direct competition. I think so because Joe is not competitive at all, though she might even throw the game.
Speaker 2: I'm good like that.
Speaker 1: The most competitive person that I've ever met, in so much so that during Battle of the Bangers it was discovered that an absolute stone cold cheat in terms of recruiting people didn't vote for a song.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 8: Johnny Bearsto, Alex Carey and.
Speaker 1: Guess who's playing the role of.
Speaker 2: Alex Cary Cary carry I care.
Speaker 1: All right, let's make this. Let's make this happen, the handball that showdown between you and me. You up for it? When when great great questions watching the space rend you appreciate your time, pleasure for good stuff. You a time machine on this hell howdy who roo to you?
Speaker 3: Welcome Monday a much under usualized expression.
Speaker 1: Hoorou, hooroo Hey, it's a great and say goodbye. It's so good, very good stuff. Let's take a little trip down memory lane. It is your Monday. So we're recovering from the weekend and we're taking a little journey to Knowledgeville. Two thousand, on the tenth of July was when Coldplay released their debut album Parachutes. We got this, Yeah, yes, kin similar these scarrony bugs from England.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, that pretty pasty, aren't they smart?
Speaker 1: And just along the beach like mate, you've never been on beach in a life.
Speaker 2: In the video clip, you need to get some more sun, mate, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder if they do all right? Yeah they did, okay, as did Taylor Swift, who in twenty nineteen, on this day became the world's highest paid entertained by Forbes, earning one hundred and eighty five million dollars in that year.
Speaker 3: And preach producer Zoe it's a female who earns the most money on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yell yeah, go girls. It's got some competition, dares say Beyonce. It's probably topped for a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Okay, but on this occasion.
Speaker 1: And probably Cardi B as well. No, not quite Cardi B. But she's doing her best. That's all she can do. Twenty eighteen as well, All Drake surpasses the Beatles record of most singles in Billboard Hot one hundred and seven against their five from his album Scorpion. Scorpion, good album. That one sounds intense, Yeah, really intense stuff. Twenty twenty two Wimled and Men's tennis. Novak Djokovic wins his fourth straight and record equaling seventh Wimbledon singles title. It's one hundred won. Don't have any curious our boy from.
Speaker 3: The strap Ah shame never mind.
Speaker 1: Novak Djokovic so successful but so unsupported.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What's Novak doesn't have as many fans as say Roger feder or rapping it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they go about it a very different way.
Speaker 1: It's quite polarized.
Speaker 3: I told you my husband met him a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many times are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell me that?
Speaker 1: A number one song on July tenth and twenty sixteen was Can't Stop This Feeling by justin Timberlake at that particular time and probably for a long time, the course bloke on the planet.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and what about those little trolls just dancing around troll Town to this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was the troll movie, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Andrew?
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome to the Progres. Hey, thanks for having me. You can't stop talking about the Thunderbirds because you've been going for them for the best part of forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: You stop saying that I've jumped on board?
Speaker 1: Can you stop it triggering you?
Speaker 3: It is so triggering because this team is my life.
Speaker 1: You know that this is my life. Now I am an ambassador for the Thunderbirds. Everything I wear now will be pink.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So I'm just like I was an ambassador as a Friday? Is that right?
Speaker 2: She is that what you say?
Speaker 1: That's how I read it.
Speaker 2: Come on, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: Fiers together okay, so can I can I tell you about my Grand Final journey please, because it.
Speaker 2: Was a long one.
Speaker 1: Don't be that super support that starts to think that they're one of the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have played in two Premierships, or at least I partied like I've played in two ships.
Speaker 1: That's okay from the photos that I saw. Yeah, absolutely, you were going toe to toe with the girls. Good stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this was the decision we had to make. We had a family holiday book to the Gold Coast to go up and see my mum, right, and so we took all the girls up there. Got the flight canceled on the Tuesday morning, which was great. So got the red Eye, got the kids up, got a three year old up at four thirty am, got to the airport. Oh no, that flight's not going anywhere. Oh good thanks anyway, so we're on the Gold Coast. We booked that trip before we knew that the Adelaide Thunderbirds had made the Grand Final. And so I made the decision that every sensible, responsible mother would make in that situation, and I said, we're.
Speaker 2: Leaving the kids with Grandma and we're going to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Of course, as you would yeah, you saw that coming.
Speaker 3: So Greg and I jumped on the kite flew to Melbourne for the Grand Final, and I as we were driving away from the beautiful twenty three degrees sunshine on the Gold Coast and my husband's saying to me, Oh, could really handle staying a day also here, And I was like, Oh, no, what if we go and they lose? What if we fly all the way to Melbourne, leave the kids and they lose? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, And I think the Swifts probably would have been favorites when they like, given the history, but still the Swifts were there.
Speaker 3: They're an absolute powerhouse as we've won a couple of premierships in the last five years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, They've just been a dominant force in Supernairport. I mean that much. We can agree on.
Speaker 3: Having said that, we kind of owned them in the last two times we've played them. So anyway, So we get to John Caine Arena and I'm like, oh, full of nervous energy and we sit down and I just I don't know how to gently say this, and I can't gently say it.
Speaker 2: But when I sat in my.
Speaker 3: Seat, I was sitting behind a man who had the largest melon in Australia.
Speaker 1: So what are we talking?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Height?
Speaker 8: Hang on?
Speaker 1: So you were sitting with a genuine fat head like he's on DK mode.
Speaker 3: Literally had the biggest head of any man I've ever seen, and so it literally blocked out the whole mid court. So I spent the whole game. I didn't see one center pass said, the whole game just going like that. So I decided trying to get around this man's head.
Speaker 1: Right, So did you have words with this man?
Speaker 9: Say?
Speaker 1: Listen, melon head?
Speaker 4: What could I say?
Speaker 1: Who wasn't you tap him on the show? Turned around? It's Macon Cox with his big American accent. I'm just here a soakops netball man.
Speaker 4: What do I actually say?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 4: Shrink your head? I can't see the jeez.
Speaker 1: That's very disappointing.
Speaker 2: It was very disappointing.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: I couldn't help but think if I were sitting in you know, my apartment on the Gold Coast, I would have a clearly unobstructed view.
Speaker 1: Of the entire game, of course, also of the beach. You tap the bloke on the Charlity turnaround, it's the giant rocking horse from the gum Gammeraka, mate.
Speaker 4: We'll do this weeping story.
Speaker 2: This town has several sings is huge?
Speaker 3: What about this? Andrew Hayes. Taylor Swift left fans stunned after she brought her ex boyfriend Tyler Lautner out.
Speaker 2: Is it Loutner?
Speaker 4: Lotna?
Speaker 1: I thought it was Lauer or whatever. Yeah, I think it's Lautner.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, Taylor came out.
Speaker 1: But hey, who am I to derail your segment here? Oh you're the boss.
Speaker 3: Lautner then enters the stage, doing a cartwheel before doing a backflip and giving the singer a hug on her aerostour in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Have a listen.
Speaker 9: There's there's someone else that's here music videos, but everyone, he was a very positive force in my life when I was making speak Now, so that's.
Speaker 2: Asked the question. Go on, Yeah that's her ex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come up on stage. We're such close friends. Hell, bring your current partner. Let's just have some fun. What about the Carr partner? How was she feeling about this situation? Because it is Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: I genuinely don't know how I would feel if I was married to someone who dated Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: That'd be a hard sell.
Speaker 1: It's a hard actor follow isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what's even more intriguing is her name is Taylor Taylor Swift. His name is Taylor Taylor Lautner. Yeah, and he married Taylor.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 3: That outrageous since I married two Greeks.
Speaker 1: Hang saw her name is Taylor Lautner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it must be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, isn't it?
Speaker 3: If he took his name, if she took his name? Yeah, Taylor Lautner is married to Tayler Lotner.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so odd.
Speaker 1: Literally, mister and missus Taylor lautnergeous?
Speaker 3: Oh what about this story? Jonah Hill's ex girlfriend, Sarah Brady claimed the movie star was emotionally abusive to her when they were together. So she's a surfer, and she did like a series of Instagram stories, and I just I would avoid that if I were you, If you break up with someone, just don't jump on Instagram and talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, lucky for me, I don't really know how to post stories.
Speaker 2: So that's so tal bad.
Speaker 1: So that helps.
Speaker 3: So she said he would gaslight and manipulate her into removing photos of herself surfing in a swimsuit. She said he once sent her a series of messages that said, you need to take those down. Wow, I don't know that anyone should have control over what anyone posts.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree more. It feels eerily similar to the time I kept on trying to turn up in here in my little swimming suit and you told me to clothe myself. Day is doing?
Speaker 3: It's inappropriate? Like you know you can't wear speedos to work.
Speaker 1: How don't you've let me be made.
Speaker 2: Where speed if you want to do that? There are cameras everywhere, so knock yourself out.
Speaker 1: There's only nine of them.
Speaker 3: What about Netflix teen comedy series six Education is coming to an end after four successful seasons. The streaming Giants shared the sad update with fans this week, while simultaneously dropping the upcoming teaser trailer for season four of the show.
Speaker 1: Please please, I'm not in a sexual issue with my motherist. Yes i am. He's been going on with this, isn't I've never watched that, have you? I haven't heard that. I'm not sure if you're the right ones to be talking about this. But Abby from the news room, you never.
Speaker 5: Watched sex Education?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, it is brilliant, It is amazing. What's it even about about kids at school going through the tribes and tribulations of coming of age, of what the birds and the bees?
Speaker 2: What do the birds and the bees do? Babby explain it to us. I'll tell you when you're older.
Speaker 3: It got me to thinking, what series have you watched where you're like, I don't want this to end because I'm in a current situation where I've got two episodes left of Succession and I'm just I'm not watching them because I don't want it to be over.
Speaker 1: I can't believe both the son's dying Succession. It's crazy. Would you say you finished it? You just finished it? No, that's crazy when both the sons die.
Speaker 3: Stop, don't you've already done like a massive spoiler on Succession? Have you got a series there?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to end.
Speaker 1: It was for me, it was an obvious one. Same my name, goddamn rate. I was dreaming about breaking Bad at one stage, really like I was, genuinely I was dreaming and in my dreams I was Heisenber. It was crazy, yeah, right, Like I'm not saying I had dreams to start a meth empire. No, but it crossed my mind.
Speaker 3: No, I had a dream the other night that John Longmeyer, who's the Sydney Swans coach, was being auditioned as your replacement.
Speaker 1: See the best thing about this is John Longmar quite seriously, his nickname.
Speaker 3: Is Hawks and yours isn't.
Speaker 1: So finally it could be Jody and the horse John Longbiron. No, who saw that coming? What not?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: You've just been hanging out for this good driving.
Speaker 3: I am disgustingly on cloud nine over this win. Andrew Hayes, I can't begin to tell you. And I'm so excited to speak to our next guest, who was very much instrumental in the Grand Final win for the Adelaide Thunderbirds. Good morning, Lucy Austin.
Speaker 10: Good morning. Hello, they going good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: How are the celebrations? Oh?
Speaker 10: Very good in a big couple of nights.
Speaker 3: So last night you had your well essentially your bn F right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was pretty actually like Loe key to start with, and then we bought the thunder an.
Speaker 1: What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Had all?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So you know what questions coming in, Lucy? Who was best on and who really knows how to party as well as they play?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: All the girls are pretty good last night, tip it was on one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, okay, all the girls.
Speaker 10: Yeah, obviously from a big wind, so Vard's already high.
Speaker 3: So Lucy talk us through Saturday Night, which was one of the most epic sporting experiences I've ever had in my life. So you're in front most of the game and then they bring it back and they tie it. What's going through your head because that pressure falls on your shoulders because you're a super shot specialist.
Speaker 10: Yeah, gotcha. I think the nerves got me a little bit for a couple of more shots there. But oh, was crazy how the momentum just kept switching, like they get a run and then we get a run, and they get up and we get up. So yeah, I don't really know what was going through my mind, just that, I mean, how much we wanted to win them. Yeah, it was obvious through all the girls that we just wanted to win and yeah, gave our heart.
Speaker 3: What I love about this group is the passion and they sort of they did the audio in the huddle when it went into overtime and Eleanor Cardwell said, show some bleeping heart and some bleeping gut, and it was just it kind of summed up your season. It was just so emotion charged, wasn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely known of our values, our heart. We always talk about our family value and yeah it was. It was really passionate and we all on. She really droves that energy in that last bit then, yeah, really lifted up. It was great.
Speaker 1: He letsie, time to peel back the curtain now and you can reveal some trade secrets. We've seen the vision you guys went after Helen Housbye.
Speaker 10: No, I think lady loves playing against oh and Tilly loved playing against her, and she obviously loves the sleeper shop. So got to get in you find a way to get in their head a bit. So yeah, I don't know what the defenders are doing now there, but it worked.
Speaker 2: There was a fair bit of niggle, wasn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Yeah, it's always gonna be physical. When it was gonna be physical games, yeah, we were prepared for that.
Speaker 3: And Lois, what does it mean this win? After ten years, like ten lean years for Thunderbirds fans, We've stuck in there and then you've finally delivered the goods.
Speaker 10: Oh god, Yeah, it's just so exciting. And we've had light heaps of pass players that were in that ten year ago premiership team. They were reached out to last and said how special he is and yeah, we're obviously feel so honored, and yeah, she's just so good for all the fans that have stuck around and kept leaving, and yeah, this was really good to the harbors paid off and Time is done a really good job of doing that over the last five years.
Speaker 9: Lis.
Speaker 1: We need to ask you as well, do you remember even organizing this interview, because in the heat of celebrations on Saturday night, do you remember having a conversation with Jodie already saying, yeah, I'll have a chat with your Nova on Monday morning.
Speaker 10: Briefly, but I definitely didn't say I'm coming in.
Speaker 3: You did say you were coming in. That was the message that I woke up to on Sunday morning. Said it was from Lucy Austin say, Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Nova, you're rolling after the best and fair sure.
Speaker 10: I was like, yes, Like, oh god, I hope I'm not going. I don't really hope.
Speaker 3: Lewis congratulations. No one deserves it more than you. You've worked so hard, as have your teammates. You've brought so much joy to Thunderbirds fans, So thank you. Actually for picking