Speaker 1: It's been long speculated, even mooted and floated, but then despilled. Last year, a Ken hint they succession plan for Josh Carr to take over. Let's go back to April on the ABC. Here's David Costume.
Speaker 2: I think Ken's really supportive of Josh developing into a senior coach, and ken Is has publicly said he would love to see him as a senior coach in Port Adelaide. We have extraordinarily high regard for him. You know what sort of bloke he is. He's got away, He's worked at other organizations, he knows the Port Adelaide way, and we put a lot of effort into coaching development. We would rather sort of train uf from internal than outside.
Speaker 3: Does he have an understanding from the board that he will be the next man at some point in the future.
Speaker 2: Not from the board?
Speaker 1: Now, Timmy number one, you a fan of of a succession planner.
Speaker 3: Look, I thought at the end of last season I did say on this show that I thought an announcement of some sort would happen or should happen, because you have to deflect some of that pressure. It's going to come upon the club every time you have a loss and we felt it this year in a season where Port Adelais finished second after the mine round on the ladder I think was seventeen and six. That was the table, which.
Speaker 1: Is take that season all day.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal every day. But there was enormous pressure on. It was to the point where we know that was booing at Adelaide I on the.
Speaker 1: Like so Port Adelaide Road.
Speaker 3: I think to let some of that air out, something had to happen. But it hasn't happened. So it's been mooted again, and it's been mooted before.
Speaker 1: It's whether it does happen. You want it to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they need to do something. They need to say something otherwise you are going to go through a year like last year.
Speaker 1: How will it work?
Speaker 3: How will worked? Well?
Speaker 1: Interestingly, we've had some siders for this. I reckon it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: I think it might be worse than that. I think the only one that's got to right is Paul and Paul Ruse has done it twice. He did for Longmi and he did it into Simon Goodwin at Melbourne, so he's the only guy I think that's done it well. I don't The mold House Buckley One's probably one of the worst examples, and that was very bad. I don't think the sam Mitchell Clark's on one work either. That was that was very untidy in the end. So look, I think he's the best example of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think there needs to be a clause if they do go there in that path, if Port were to win the flag, can get to defend it because I reckon. That's why it ended in tears, because Malta house on with it, but I'm not on with it, and I'm not and then when they win the flag, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not with it. Yeah, he didn't want to let go no, but he didn't admit that, and I think he signed the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Probably too regretfully.
Speaker 3: Regretfully so you could say that body language on that day they lost to Gelong in twenty eleven, wasn't that the best.
Speaker 1: Size sellers removes?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, sell us and.
Speaker 1: Biased eight two three double double O. Ken's succession plan is Josh yay or nay, simple as that you're a yay Timmy. Yeah, yeah, I'm a yay Yep.
Speaker 3: I think yep Tomon could be I personally probably would have done back in the twenty three season before that final series, but I think now they've got to take the air out of it.
Speaker 1: So Ken's to coach the senior coach. Josh steps up a little bit more to take a bit more of the pressure and maybe does more press conferences and all of that milks him onto it, and Ken can sit back a little bit and just said, you've got.
Speaker 3: A great role model in Paul Ruse. Bring Paul Ruse in for it, give some advice on it. I mean, he's the guy that's done it, I think successfully twice