Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Well, hello everyone, I hope you had a fabulous Christmas. We are back once again with one of our little bonus episodes, close Friends Ard, just to tie you through until we come back early next year. Hybrid. How are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you yeah?
Speaker 2: Good? Thank you? How are you good? Good?
Speaker 3: Thanks? How about you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you? How are you yeah? We asked in our broadcast channel quite a while ago, and we absolutely totally forgot to even do this, but we asked you for some questions Q and A vibes, and then we never actually got around to answering any of the questions. So we thought we'd dig out from the archives these questions that our scrollers have asked us in our broadcast channel on Instagram. If you haven't joined the channel, why not, And just thought we could do a chill Q and A because let's face it, we didn't plan anything else.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like this question, Matt. Let's start with this, Okay, I'm just going straight into it. How do you navigate? How you to navigate genuine friendships versus only their Sorry, I'm sorry this is written really badly.
Speaker 4: Sorry to whoever asked this question, but essentially, well this person is asking is how do we navigate online versus genuine friendships?
Speaker 3: Because you're well known in the public eye, That's what the question is. And I love this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes, you start. I yeah, I know exactly what you're asking. I know exactly what you mean. But it's really fucking obvious to me. Me too, It's really obvious when someone isn't genuine, genuine and when they only want something beneficial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find it extremely hard to make I know we've talked about this before, like earlier this year, like making new friends. I am really open to making new friends, especially in your thirties. I think it's hard, regardless in your thirties, to make new friends. Like everyone's stuck in their own ways, everyone's got kids, everyone's got their friendship groups. But I'm really open to the idea of making new friends. I think one thing, and I don't want this to ever come across the wrong way. But I think one thing that I struggle with the most, like being in my position and like my job that I do and having followers online is like I can just feel that people look at me differently to how they look at anyone else, and like, I hate that feeling.
Speaker 3: I hate that, like I hate the oh you work with Brittany, like what you like blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Like I get people are curious and whatever, but I find it hard to make new friends when I know that any girls that I meet out there like have this pre conceived idea of me just because of what I do for a job. Like and straight up I'm gonna say, like, I hate that because I can tell when I meet people that they're just looking at me differently. And by differently, I mean like I don't know, like I think people think that people online or she's on her a fate, Like I feel like I'm put into a different category to if you just work it jb hi fi when mentally I'm just the same as everyone else, and I find it really hard to make new friends.
Speaker 3: Sorry that's a bit depressed.
Speaker 2: See, I find it easy to make new friends because, as I said, it's really obvious to me.
Speaker 3: I agree on that as well.
Speaker 2: Like I just understand the vibe, Like I can just get a vibe off someone straight away and go, oh my god, we're so each other's person, like we're going to be friends.
Speaker 1: I think what I'm gonna what I I'm trying to say is it's really noticeable to me when I meet let's say, a girl out and about or wherever, and when she just treats me like a normal person, that stands out to me.
Speaker 3: But most of the time it's not that like, and then I find it hard to make friends with that.
Speaker 1: Person because it's like, oh my god, can we get a photo? You know, which I'm more than happy to, But then I find it really hard to make friends with that person. Yeah, That's what I'm trying to say. And then so when someone meets me, they go, how the fuck are ya, how's everything going, and they just like talk normally. Like I really appreciate that and could see myself being friends with that person. But you're right in saying, like you can tell when someone's genuine or not, like because they make it pretty fucking obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. But even still, it's also like a subconscious thing I feel for me, What do you mean or like? Even if even if they did come up and go, hey a gown, I reckon, I could.
Speaker 3: Still see through the lines if.
Speaker 2: They being genuine in that interaction or not. Yeah, I just feel like I'm really good at reading people and it only takes me thirty seconds to know what type of person you are and whether we're gonna gel or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm judging a book by it's cover, but I haven't been wrong yet, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question, Well, I'm just gonna go to the ones that have the most lights because most people want to hear about that. What's one opportunity that you turned down that could have changed your careers?
Speaker 2: Do you have one that comes to mind? I feel like you would have a lot when it comes to fate.
Speaker 3: No, I would say mine was I.
Speaker 1: I've spoke about this on the podcast before I was going to audition to go on High five.
Speaker 2: It's not coming to me, but maybe Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was when I was living in Melbourne, so I would have been twenty four ish or twenty three and I was going to audition to go on High five.
Speaker 2: Imagine where you'd be today. Yeah, Jesus.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh, nah, so imagine if I did. Has there been anything that you turned down.
Speaker 2: Earlier this year? I was about to start a brand and release a product, but then things happened and it didn't go ahead for the best you reckon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know the story. You can't tell the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, yes it didn't go ahead, and that's fine. Learned some things in the process, that's fine. But yeah, I guess like that could have changed the course of things this year, couldn't it. Oh it's all a bit secretive, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's all a bit Next year we'll tell everyone what happened for sure, or maybe not because you might get suited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. But anyway, I could have had a brand and a product and potentially, you know, who knows what could have come from that. I can, yeah, for sure, But it's also something that's not really at the top of my list to do list right now. So that could have changed my career. But I'm thinking and I'm thinking back and not really I kind of had. I've kind of have taken every opportunity I could think.
Speaker 3: You're a very yes person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I feel like if it's if it is gonna benefit I guess changed your careers. That could go either way. But I think what they mean is, is there an opportunity that could have changed your careers as in like made it even better? Is that when they do? Is that how you read that question, because that's how I read that question. But I'm like all the things that I see a benefit in, I take that opportunity, which I feel like at this stage in my life, if you're not taking opportunities that benefit you, if you're taking opportunities that don't benefit you, stupid dumb, why are you wasting your time doing that? Life short? Put yourself first? I love this one. What's your signature scent? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked this.
Speaker 1: One at the moment. My signature scent is Chanelle Gabrielle Nice. That is my signature perfume that I reach for most days. It's like a hotel lobby kind of smell, like you just walk into a nice, expensive hotel. It's got that kind of vibe like fresh, a bit floury, but like not girly, more like a hotel.
Speaker 3: What's yours?
Speaker 2: Well? I have different signature sense for different things. So for example, I have my Louis Vuitton perfume, which I can't pronounce the name of, but it starts with H and I'm not even going to try and know it's like housed absence or something like that. I don't know, I don't know something like that. It's my like very fancy, very you know. I wear those to my special occasions, let's say, and a lot of events and things like that. And then the like every day kind of sand is like a Paca Rauban invictus, and that's also meet and greet, you know, after my shows and things. One because it's so strong, but two because it's a male fragrance. And I just love the fact that I'm sitting there in a crown and a dress and heels and everything, and my legs are shaved and all the rest of that looking very warm. But when they come up and say hello and then smell like this like daddy, like this hot man, like it's I just love, you know, keeping people guessing. And then I've also got a Jimmy Chewu man, which is literally like I'm running to the to do the groceries. It's like a cheap o Jimmy Choo perfume, and that's like run into the groceries or just yeah, run on errands and stuff like that, you know what I mean. Nice? What was your high school signature sent by the way, because the other day an ad came up for Vera Wang Princess.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I had that back in the day, the.
Speaker 2: Little ring on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My high school signature scent.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I guess?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna say Fantasy by Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: I did have that too. I had all of them. I had Curious. I had Midnight Fantasy, which was the dark blue bread That was my favorite. Yeah, that was really fucking good. I had Circus Curious. I think that's what's the names of them. But mine in high school was Pink Sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was like the pink swirl on the lip. Yes, and it was like sickly sweet, very foss Yeah. And then also the Hello Kitty Hubber, like the bubble gum spray, the pink hellow Kitty. One would go get that from coals and just like douse myself in it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about yours?
Speaker 2: In high school? I had so ridiculous?
Speaker 3: Can I guess? Was it you won't, oh, I won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like every guy in high school was jupe.
Speaker 2: No disgusting, never went with jup. I will say I was one of the first people to wear one million, which we all now know is like when I was wearing it, it was like, you know, chic, and then it run got their hands on it, and now you walk into a nightclub and it smells like one million or silver scent.
Speaker 1: And I remember when I worked at Maya when I was seventeen. That's when one million was like new and popping off and I could sell the shit out of that, Like that was my number one selling men's cologne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but mine in high school was Dult Chain Gabana number ten. It was discontinued years ago and it still makes me so sad. I kept the bottle for like ten years afterwards, and then it went MOLDI and I was like, I've got to let this go. But it was like, if I could have any cent forever for the rest of my life, it would be the Dult changab And number ten. And because I love perfume, remember I used to work at a perfume store. In fact, I went not just recently with my friend too. He was like, I want to get a perfume. And I was like, what do you know a cologne? I was like, what do you want it to smell like? And he's like, oh, this and this and this, and I picked up the one that like he described and I was like, try that. And he's like, oh my god, you're a psycho. He was like, that is literally exactly what I want. That is so mean. I'm like, I literally worked in a perfume store, Like I know all the notes of all the things, and I know what's going to work best with people's different skin types and blah blahlah blah, Like, if you need a perfume, come to me, okay, because I got your sworded.
Speaker 3: I love a perfume.
Speaker 2: What else we got on here? I like this one. This one's a bit fun. If you were a cocktail, which one? And why?
Speaker 1: That's hard because I feel like I'm just going to pick a cocktail that I like.
Speaker 2: No, You've got to think of the cocktail because my mind goes straight to espresso martini for you. Yeah, why because full of energy? Yeah, most of the time, unless we're recording at fucking nine am on a Monday morning, full of energy, a crowd favorite. All the girls love it, you know, and all night up, all night, Yes, up, all night the caffeine.
Speaker 3: I'm up all What kind of cocktail would I be?
Speaker 2: But then you've also got the little espresso beans on top. You know, a bit of a hard exterior sort of situation there, but underneath is the foamy, delicious mood.
Speaker 3: I don't know what kind of cocktail.
Speaker 2: I'm getting porn Star martini for.
Speaker 1: You see, I was going to say porn Star martini, but that's because that's one of my favorite cocktails, so I thought it wouldn't suit me.
Speaker 2: I feel you're a long Island iced tea because you've got so much going on.
Speaker 3: And that's fitting because that's one of AJ's favorite drinks. There you go and loves a long island. We go out to a nice restaurant.
Speaker 1: He goes, just one long island, please, a fancy Restaurant's getting a fucking long island.
Speaker 2: You've got so much going on. There's a lot of things that make you ye, and you've got the sweetness of the coc as well in there, and.
Speaker 3: Then bitterness of the Yeah, but it all comes together. I think it surprises me.
Speaker 1: About a long Island is that it has so many different alcohols in it, but then when you sip it, it's like smooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well depends who makes it.
Speaker 1: I've had some, yeah, true in my life, fucked ones as well, But when you make it right, like, it almost just tastes like nothing, which is alarming.
Speaker 2: I know, because they're so strong. Yeah, what else have we got? Do you have any fun? Do you have the biggest fun? Do you have a fine?
Speaker 3: Can you please leave that?
Speaker 2: Please? What the fuck is wrong with me?
Speaker 3: It was just like a broken record. Why did you just say that?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, I need to go and get a pie. I'm hungry, I'm fading over, I'm malnurish. What is the question?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Biggest financial fail and how much did you lose?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say, oh, yeah, I guess it is kind of a financial foil.
Speaker 3: It's just dumb.
Speaker 1: When I was eighteen, I got a credit card. I think at the time it was just like a one thousand dollars limit one, and I did use it at the start to like pay for my car regio, and then I like paid that.
Speaker 3: Off slowly, but then.
Speaker 1: The bank did the whole like you're now eligible for two and a half thousand dollars because like I got a one thousand dollar limit one, but then if you like pay it off, okay, ish, then they'll increase the limit. And it ended up getting up to be a ten thousand dollars credit card, so I could spend up to ten thousand dollars and I'm fucking eighteen years old. And then I don't think I bought anything stupid, but I just kept.
Speaker 3: Putting things on it.
Speaker 1: I think I might have bought a couple of pieces of furniture because I was living out of home and so I did like car regio furniture, a TV, whatever.
Speaker 3: And I just had a period of my life there for like a.
Speaker 1: Few years where I was never not paying it off, like it just would never go down because then i'd like forget to pay and then I'd get slapped with the fucking fees and so just for ages, I had like eight grand dead and yeah, it probably ended up paying back way more than eight grand with all the interest and everything, and that was just dumb.
Speaker 3: But I had no fucking guidance, did I M? So how was I to know that would be stupid?
Speaker 2: And I've still never had a credit card and I still will never because I know I will not yet.
Speaker 1: Well, that was fucking how long ago was I eighteen? Yeah, well fifteen years ago or something, so I was so young. This was before like after pay or anything like that. So that was the option that we had just started with, like paying off the car regio, and then yeah, it turned into just always having like five six, seven, eight thousand dollars debt.
Speaker 2: And I've thought about getting one just for points, yeah, and paying and then paying it off straight away, but it's a slippery slope.
Speaker 3: See, that's what we do for our business.
Speaker 1: So we have a business Amex, and like we put all of our big expenses on that so that we can get points, but like we pay it off like every month, so like it's you're never like in debt kind of thing. Yeah, and we do it, but we do it with all our business purchases like Australia post bill and everything like that.
Speaker 3: So we're going to be paying it.
Speaker 2: Points will be through the fucking road, got millions where we're going. Can you please tell us how many fucking Amex points you have? Okay, oh my god, this will blow my mind. And you're happy to put this in the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, who cares? Hang on, hang on, loading, loading, loading.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hannah and I are sitting here looking at each other.
Speaker 3: Like fucking seven million.
Speaker 1: We've got six million, nine hundred and sixty four thousand, six hundred and forty.
Speaker 2: Six million seven transfer something to me right now, bitch.
Speaker 3: What We've never used any like.
Speaker 2: Seven million X points. Oh my god, I'm sweating.
Speaker 1: But that's because we put our business expenses on there, Like we put out Australia post bill that's like one hundred thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Seven million, Yeah, but like we seven million, Where are we going? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: So we've had it for like two, let's say two years now, and we just purely got it for the points thing, like we put all of our big bills on it, and like we pay it off before the end of the month, so you don't get charging interest or anything like that. Like we're never in you're in debt until you pay it, and we always pay it like AJ pays it. But we've never used it, like to go on any trips yet because we've just been working so hard for the last two years. So I guess like we're gonna go on some good holidays.
Speaker 2: First class by the sounds of it. Bloody hell yeah, seven million points. I can't get over that.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's not like me.
Speaker 1: It's like that's fate. All the fate expenses have got us that many points. Yeah, for sure, but I get to reap the benefits.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's insane. Actually, well, I don't know if I can continue now that I know that you've got seven million. That's crazy. It's alright. Anyway, Look that's enough. I need to process this information.
Speaker 3: And we're going to plan our holiday.
Speaker 2: We're going to plan our holiday. Okay, thank you for listening, scrollers. We love you, hope you're having a fabulous Christmas season, and.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on New Year's e. Our last episode of is falling on New Year's e. Gosh, we should do a drinking game.
Speaker 2: Okay, how am I getting on from nova?
Speaker 3: Like in our episode.
Speaker 1: We should do some sort of drinking game every time we say something okay.
Speaker 2: All right, nice, okay, fabulous, and.
Speaker 1: Then they can listen to it on New Year's Eve at their party if they're having one at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, no worries, see you next Tuesday,