Speaker 1: Boy band five are coming back to Melbourne. They're going to join us on the air in minutes here at Nova. First though, the winner of the twenty twenty five AFLP A Most Valuable Player is Nick Daikos.
Speaker 2: I'm calling back, and that there was Lethally Matthews presenting his trophy to our mate Nick Dakos, who joins us.
Speaker 3: Now, Nick, congratulations, Thank you guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Now, this is the award the players want to win, right, It's voted by your peers. So does it come with an enormous amount of pride?
Speaker 5: Nick? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, It's very humbling for me. I think, as you said, to be voted by the players as the most oval player, I mean a lot to me and as a number of players that could have won it. So I'm just very fortunate that I'm the one that, yeah, ends up with the trophy.
Speaker 4: Now you get to vote to did you vote for yourself? Are you allowed to vote for yourself? How did you vote for your brother?
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to vote for yourself. So you've got to vote for players from the opposition from other teams.
Speaker 2: Now you can't exactly go out and get on the beers because you've got a September campaign to tackle.
Speaker 5: So was it just a quiet night? Nick? What did you do post to celebrate little drive through on the way Na?
Speaker 3: Very quiet night. I had my partner I let with me the entire night. It was great that she was able to come and we had the All Australian at the end of the night, obviously, which is a huge honor. And we're just sort of driving home back to her house and just saying how lucky we are and how fortunate we are to be in this position so early on in our career. We feel like this was our this was our fourth night, fourth time going to the night, and we're super grateful every year that we get to go.
Speaker 4: You've always have been raised so well.
Speaker 5: We'll speaking of which, there was a great clip. I know you're in it. You've probably seen it.
Speaker 1: It was floating around on Socials during the week, Nick, and it was when you were a kid, and I think it was filmed down at like your dad's training session.
Speaker 5: You were like, yeah, you don't want to play footy like my dad.
Speaker 1: It was just a really cool moment to see that key to have that dream and you just look like you're living your best life at the moment.
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, I haven't actually seen that clip, so I'll have to try and dig it up. But no, I always hold on to that little kid in me and how grateful I am to now be living out that dream that I've always dreamed of doing. So Yeah, every time I play on the weekend or I come into the club today for training and I'm around players like Scott Penderbury or still By Bottom, it's quite surreal for me still and I and I pinched myself and I know how grateful I am to be in this position.
Speaker 2: Well, there is another clip that has gone viral, and that is you in the Adelaide Crows dressing Love presenting one of the player's.
Speaker 5: Sons with opposition players. Text it's getting it getting a photo.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, exactly, little Louis Walker Texas. So I met them last year in FIGI will both holiday and at the end of the season. Now seasons are both finishing and in the finals, which is fortunate. We're in there this year and he Louis and I go along really well, as did Hugo and I Text's other son. But haven't been able to convince you got to come for the Pie Louis at the moment, and we're hoping to get him a little Collingwood jersey for next Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 4: When you were that age, who was the player you looked up up to and wanted to be like? Who is your hero? Oh?
Speaker 3: There were so many? I mean I'm teammates now its Scott Pendlebury and growing up being a Collingwood fan, he was one that obviously a Brown loves still real. He was another Buddy Franklin. The list goes on. I was a real footy fanatic growing up and not just a Collingwood fan, just love footy in general.
Speaker 5: So that's well.
Speaker 3: I keep coming back to this sense of gratitude that I'm now an AFL player.
Speaker 1: Mate, We're so wrapped for you. Hey, I'm just quickly I'm a Pie's boy. Nice win against the D's, big game, needed that one, We didn't need that one. We're back on track next Thursday, big game against the Crows. How are the boys feeling heading into the finals?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're so excited. I think we're really embracing the challenge to go over there and play the latt of Leaders. It's been really big all year that you just have to qualify for finals. It doesn't matter where you finish, you just need to qualify for finals. And we've done that now and everyone's sort of using the term that it's the new season. We're three wins away from winning it all, but we're just focused on next Thursday at the moment. So I can't wait to get over to Adelaide. No doubt that Magplay Army will travel really well, whether they're driving or flying over. And yeah, we're just excited to play next Thursday, featuring in the final.
Speaker 5: In the zone. You've locked in.
Speaker 4: Good luck for the month. It's going to be a huge March month for the Pies and the Pie supporters.
Speaker 1: He congrats again on last night, mate, well done, No thanks having Nick da cost joining us on the air. There, that's what the cool kids say. What's that lock in?
Speaker 5: Lock in? In normal? It's when they're playing roadblocks and stuff very similar. En Wake how feeling good?
Speaker 4: Follow them on the socials se