Speaker 1: Appogiae production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today. Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together.
Speaker 1: Let's go deep, let the emotions flow, and find the lessons to Grow and Glow. Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow, and we're here to be your expander.
Speaker 2: Hello, guys, Hello, welcome back to Growing Glow far Out.
Speaker 1: We've got a funny episode today.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit nervous you'll be in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I haven't read them all, but it's going to be funny.
Speaker 2: It's going to be fine assumptions about us and you guys wrote these in yeah, and they won't try No.
Speaker 1: But before we get into it, we'll do a share of the week. I've put a new audiobook that I'm listening to and it's called Love and Respect and it's about like intimate relationship. Now it is if you're not religious. He does refer to God quite a lot and the Bible and Jesus. But I just think even if you're not religious, you just lean into that being the universe or you know, outside of yourself, just love in general. But it's just a messaging. It's basically around how men deeply desire and need respect, but how women deeply desire to be loved, and a lot of the time in relationships, women will be like, oh no, he has to earn my respect before I give love, and vice versa, and how so many couples get into this trap where they're not loving on each other and they're not respecting each other, but both need to be unconditional. But yeah, it's just so interesting the way that he breaks it all down. He talks a lot about his own relationship. I just love when people are vulnerable to share their experience the shit they're mess you know, because we're all messy humans. So I just really like and the author reads the book, which I really admire.
Speaker 2: There's nothing worse when there's like some rowbody you feel so disconnected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hundred percent. So I really recommend this to any couple. Steve's gonna read it soon as well, would like listen to it. But love and respect It's awesome?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: By Dr Emerson?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, cool?
Speaker 1: Respect he desperately needs the love she most desires love and respect, and also just helps me to be more aware of the language I use the Steve like, respect isn't a word that I say. I do respect him so much, but it's not something I communicate with and will communicate in words that I would like to hear. Yeah, unconsciously, Yeah, I love you so much blah blah blah. But to say to a man like I really respect you, I really respect your hustle, and really respect how you take care of us like that for them was just like melt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's saying, you'll feel the shift in your men, how much more like softer they are with you, and how much well love they give to you when they feel respected. Yeah, just feels them right up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like whenever I say like proud to Kurt, he really loves that too, yes, And I say like, wow, I'm so proud of all you should be so proud of yourself with like doing that the words yeah he is. Yeah, but I don't feel like I say respect.
Speaker 1: I don't. And women need it as well. He's saying, it's not like men don't lean love and women don't need respect, but primarily like you'll find that men really desire to be told and like felt that they're respected and we want to be loved.
Speaker 2: Makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: But if you're not really just like he does refer to that.
Speaker 2: A lot, A lot of those feminine energy ones refer to God as well, I find but I do the same thing. I just yeah, you know, make it out.
Speaker 1: What I would make it good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I am going to share this new lipstick that I have in loving They're like a lip gloss, but they're not super glossy. They look glossy, but they don't feel like really sticky or anything. It's the Mabeling Lifter glosses. I went in and I got one shade. I start off with silk, and then I went back and I got like two other ones. I got Topaz, which is a due apparently for like the fenty beauty losses. Yeah, and then I also got stone and I just really love them. I've been wearing the like every day. They're so nourishing on my lips. They feel really nice. So yeah, that's my little share of the week.
Speaker 1: We've figured out though, because normally when we come to the podcast studio or we go out for dinner, I'm always like, how do you still have lipliner and lipstick on? Can you recommend that? Yes? Lipstick again? Because if you want something to last all day, don't go gloss. We've learnt this. You have to reapply all the time. Whereas this Matt lipstick that Kiara has I don't like the feeling of on my lips. However it lasts all day.
Speaker 2: There's this lipliner and lipstick combo that I use, and I get asked all the time, so write it down if you want to know. I keep it in my notes. It literally does not budge. But sometimes I just go through phases where I like a bit more gloss. Yeah, back and forth. But the Revlon Color Stay lipliner in nude and the Maybelene liquid lip in the shade Loyalist and with a liquid lip, I just want to say, a little bit goes a long way, Like I have had that last me so long. You like touch on your lips and rub it in with your finger, Otherwise it looks like cakey and just doesn't look just trust me.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, I'll use it, and then I put my heart away lip bym on top. Don't do that any balm any if it makes it come off, it does not last, so they're drier, but.
Speaker 2: It always looks so nice, stays on instat.
Speaker 1: To dinner and I'm like, how are your lipstill on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It lasts so well. Yeah, yeah, it's so good and so good. All right, let's get into these assumptions.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, there's gonna be some that are true and some that are not. And we thought we'd just dive into them and chat about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the first assumption someone said, without getting to know Ashi, I just thought that she worked out all the time, like all day, every day, all day, every time. It could just been like hours in the gym. Just definitely not true. Before I had TAJ, I was training six days a week.
Speaker 2: Gee, that's a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, in my young twenties, your body and handle it like I didn't have other responsibilities and body stresses.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: After I had TAG it went down to about three to four days a week. Yeah, and then after Tarla it was like a couple of homeworkouts, it really decreased. I've always been active, like I'll always walk, always do the app workouts at home, which you can go as hard as you like or as lard as you like. So it was good after Tyler to kind of ease myself back into it. And I really took it slow because I didn't want to do any internal damage. I just wanted to get my own pace. But it's only recently that I've really started to like push myself hard again yeap, which is feeling really nice, but definitely not all day every day.
Speaker 2: How long do you spend at the gym when you go? Usually on our max?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's including warm art, my workout and like a little cool down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This one random assumption, but I always thought you were way taller than what you are. I am one hundred and sixty centimeters for anyone who wants to know.
Speaker 1: And I'm one seventy three, so you can see our high difference is quite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I always getther people meet me out and about they will always go, wow, you're so much shorter than I thought.
Speaker 1: And a lot of my friends have said, wow, she's so much more batiitue than what I thought, Oh really, Yeah, like you're just a small make there you go little and cambery.
Speaker 2: You can't really tell. I guess, hey, like how tall someone he is?
Speaker 1: How And we strategically when we film together, I'll always stand behind you so it levels out hide out a bit. Yes, is if I stand in front of Kiara, it makes me look way taller and bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I'm naturally way bigger bones than you two, so we have.
Speaker 2: To kind of like yeah for trying to make it. Yeah, And I feel like people get really shocked when we do like the high different videos because people just don't know because we do hide it quite well. And even in photo shoos, all wear heels and you won't. So we do stuff like that. So funny, so funny.
Speaker 1: Next assumption I got is that you're not a religious person, but you're very spiritual. And yes, I'm definitely not religious. I wasn't brought up, you know, going to church or believing in one religion. I think it's beautiful if you've got something that you follow and that feels good for you. But I just wasn't brought up like that. But I definitely believe in the universe and angels and spirit, higher power, high power, yeah, but not God as such.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah, I'm saying I didn't really grow up in a very religious house or anything either. Gone through phases in my life where I have gone to church growing up, I think just to you know, navigate different things where I kind of land online a youth group and stuff like that. But yeah, when I was younger. Yeah, but you know, growing up, I've just kind ofly not what felt right for me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just so different, that's it. Like there's not a wrong or right way to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite a controversial topic to talk about. People get really I know this will get pushed back, I know, but everyone you just do you. We are so happy for.
Speaker 1: You, depending on your upbringing, where you've come from, your family's beliefs, your culture. Like it's just so different everywhere. I think every religion has like beautiful aspects about it. Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, but it's controversial, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Definitely, you have the most relaxed lifestyle, slow walks on the beach, happy kids, twenty four to seven, et cetera. I'm jealous. I want to tell you what I feel like my lifestyle is a lot more relaxed than it used to be. But oh my gosh. I was just talking to Ashually before about the noise stimulation in the house and I was like, once or twice the out the week, and even my headphones on when I'm cooking dinner, and I'm like, Kurt, I'm tapping out because I get so disregulated from all of the noise. Definitely not, I think, because when I pick up my camera and jump on my story or whatever, I do it tactically when the kids are happy. You're not going to jump on there when everything's chaotic.
Speaker 1: And if they're having a tantrum, you're supporting them. You're not going, oh, let me just kill you having a meltdown.
Speaker 2: No, And also, like you know, jump on stories and that when you go for a walk, because you've got a second to yourself exactly. But there's definitely still stresses. Running a business is definitely, as you know, yeah, as she knows as well, it's definitely got things that you need to be very on for, and you know, go through seasons of being more busy and less busy, for sure. And I feel like now too, we do really lean on when it's less busy, trying to lap up a bit of a slower life style, which is nice. But yeah, I would think for having three kids and still juggling work, I try to do something for myself every day, like a walk or gym, But other than that, I don't get too much more time for myself throughout the day. But I am trying to lean more into that as well. So even just having three kids and managing a household like cleaning up, tidying up, like organizing school stuff, like even to school stuff, homework and this and that, it's just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cleaning, cooking and washing alone is yes, yes, machine broke. So I've been going down to launch. Man. Oh it is such a mission, a new one. But like anyways, washing right, just never washing.
Speaker 2: This is where I'll make everyone probably feel a lot better. My clothes just don't go away. I think it probably doesn't help that we have love ls roses. Like there's a new item that has been put into my cupboard every single day pretty much, so I have got folding on the floor.
Speaker 1: Get in your wardrobe like how because I do cleanouts regularly and you sent me a couple of pieces, you know, maybe once a month, but you get a new item.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we donate stuff. We give heaps of stuff to like sisters or friends. And then also I have my preloved where I put stuff on there to move it out. But especially in winter, I feel like it gets so much because jumpers take up so much. Baby, I've always just got clothes on my floor At the moment, I'm just something like, this is just the way it is right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, no matter who you follow on social media and how perfect their kids look, kids are not robots, human beings having a human experience, and the way that they learn is to test the boundaries, to have these big emotions, to see what's safe, like how safe am I to fully express. That's a part of their journey. Yes, So don't ever compare or assume that someone else's kids are just perfect. I think twenty four seven, it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely not a few months ago, like when I was daily vlogging, like I got to spend four hours every day editing the content and then filming every day. Yeah, so there's phases in my life when I'm doing stuff like that, like yeah, but yeah, in ebs and flows, it depends how much capacity I've got When I've got more capacity, I take more on. When I don't, I cut back.
Speaker 1: And we're more so leaning into slower yes than not, Like we're more going to be slower than busy. And just I feel like both of us, if there was time, spare time, we would feel it with something else whereas now it's like, oh, that's time for me to rest, that's on the sun, that's time for me to catch up with girlfriend.
Speaker 2: We yeah, yeah, have a coffee in peace or just sit down decaf, of course, but.
Speaker 1: I love it. Okay, there was so many this is the main one that came through. Just like you're rich, like seven figures rich, you're wealthy, You've never with money, you don't struggle to pay your bills. So much about money. It's interesting because I don't feel like I'm a show offye person with my I feel like my friend ounces we own some property, like we're not uncomfortable. And there's been times and periods in my life where we have been very, very wealthy, cash in the bank, and then there's times like you know, we bought our share of Baseline last year, which was hundreds of thousands of dollars. We then put hundreds of thousands of dollars into paying the next six months worth of stock. We bought two properties, so like, we've done well, We've worked really hard. But ebbs and flows. I never know how much is in my bank because it's always so different. Like I said, there's periods where there's been cashing there, there's periods where.
Speaker 2: Were we going to take big risks. That's it investing, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, investment goes out. So I was like, I wonder where that comes from, because I'm not someone that's like showing a lou Vuitton bag every second day on there or.
Speaker 2: Like but and even your car, Like you've got a beautiful car, but you've had the same one for a long time.
Speaker 1: For over ten years, you know. Yeah. I Steve actually said to me a few weeks ago, he was like, you're due for a new car, bab, it's been a long time. He's like shit, And we worked it out. It's like it's over ten years now that car, and I still love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a great car.
Speaker 1: What's your dream car if you can have any, probably.
Speaker 2: Honestly a range drover.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like big cars, like having to face I love, but I'm not like a real car car person, Like, I don't spend that much time in the car. I think if I was driving heaps every day, I would appreciate it more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But like, yeah, I like a big car. I feel safe in a I like being higher up. Yeah, and I just feel safe with my kids. I love the look of a boxing masculine car. I know I want to be more feminine, but as for a car, I feel safe and like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like the look of it. I reckon they look really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to get a g Wagon. That's probably my dream car, but I've heard they're not very nice drive, so I'd probably go back to a Range Rover. I've had a Sport and I've got a Vogue now, and they're just the most luxurious, comfortable, smooth, beautiful cars.
Speaker 2: Even for the ten years, I haven't had that many problems, have you, which has been amazing.
Speaker 1: I really haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's got a Tesla and it's beautiful to drive. Yeah, Yeah, I do love the Range Drover.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Love.
Speaker 1: That was interesting. Most of mine came through about money.
Speaker 2: You portray yourself as being really confident and but you're really quiet and a bit shy.
Speaker 1: Oh, interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like if I'm meeting someone for the first time, obviously I'm a bit more reserved because like I'm opening up and meeting someone. But I feel like how I am on here is very much how I am with Ashy. Yeah, like this is literally both of us exactly how we are driving in the car together. So I don't know, maybe if I'm meeting someone for the first time or like if I've got three kids with me and you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, I wouldn't shy, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Call me shy, I wouldn't call me very extrovert though, either. I feel like I'm kind of somewhere in the middle, right too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think you're confident and comfortable enough to like talk to people, but I also don't think you'd be like crazy person at the party. No, just in between.
Speaker 2: I guess you're kind of right because I'm neither like, yeah, I'm right in the middle of the.
Speaker 1: Time, not extrovert or introvert. You're ambivert I'm yeah too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one's so interesting, and I really don't know why this has come up. But no ethnic friends or mixed with people of color. It's so crazy. That's so crazy. Do they know that my partner's average. I was just gonna say, like, literally, here's average. Yeah, and I've had so many friends of color. Yeah, but I've shown on social media too, so I feel like people that make these comments maybe they're new to my page.
Speaker 2: Maybe the thing with social.
Speaker 1: Media too is I show some of my friends, but some of your friends aren't even on social media.
Speaker 2: They don't want to. You've got one of these questions to assumptions too, like this, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like what you see is what we are choosing consciously to put on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Half the time in my when I'm with my friends, I don't post because my phone's down and I'm present. Back in my early twenties, yes we posted everything. But as I've gotten older and more conscious, it's like, no, people think, like, you know, if you haven't hung out with someone for a certain period of time that you just had this massive blow up. It was like I caught up with them last week. I d you post about it. Yeah, it's like that's saying it's like, oh, did you even go to the gym if you didn't like take a selfie the gym? I know what you guys see is a very small snippet of our day. Even if there's quite a few of the little frames at the top, it's still probably five ten minutes max. Out of a whole twenty four hours, one hundred percent. If you had like tons of frames, I'd be like fifteen minutes. Yes, my partner is average, and yeah I have many friends of color. Yeah that's crazy, such a silly assumption.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, though, you don't share too much of your friendship circles in fear of viewers being judgmental.
Speaker 1: As in, people will judge your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, no way, it's just the exact same as you. Like, when my friends are over, I'm with them, and sometimes like I'll do a little story of all the kids playing and do a little tag. But eighty percent of the time when I'm hanging out with my friends.
Speaker 1: I'm not on my phone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like even over the weekend, we put up with a bunch of all of our friends, Like we all got together, all families, didn't share it, like we all just hung out. You know, I just had so much fun kids playing, especially if.
Speaker 1: You're with friends that aren't big on social media and a bit private.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. Yeah, yeah, that's nothing against them, Like, I absolutely love them.
Speaker 1: Speaking your friendship, this one came through you jump through friendships more than the average Joe. Not coming from a place of hate. It's so interesting that people say this because once again they just don't know. Like my closest friends I've known since I was a teenager. Yeah, there's definitely been a couple of friends that were there in mind. I suppose my high of my career when we were filming raw and when we were traveling and they worked for me, and you know, we were joined at the hip in that season and phase of our life. But the friends that I'm deeply connected with now, like I've literally known since I was a teenager and I'm thirty six this year. Yeah, so I don't feel like I swapped and changed friends. But I'm also very open to new friendships like I was seven years ago with you, But I've got my solid girls that I've been friends with since I was like twelve.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's also a bad thing. Am I bad for saying that? I think that even if you had friendships from when you were younger or older, wherever you pick up friends, if they don't align or things you're growing, you're changing, you're not doing things at the same pace anymore. Like why I surround yourself with people just because the bravery and the boundaries and the standards that Like, if they're not aligned and not feeling good anymore, that's okay too. I'll put it in her words, jump through friendships. Yeah, yeah, you shouldn't have it on that's beautiful. Yeah, if you can do that, you're not wasting their time, not wasting your time.
Speaker 1: Like that's the same as inter relationships. You wouldn't stay with someone just because I really don't like it on social media when I see people put down women for like dating or you know, having different engagements, I'm like, that's okay, Like it doesn't harm you if that person's been engaged once or twice or they're getting married again or having a second chance at love. Is that not a beautiful thing that she decided that relationship didn't serve her or her family or her life and shed No, I want more, I want different, God on you. Definitely the same with friendships. Yeah, but I honestly I do have the same core friends that I've had for a very long time. There's just been other ones that have come in and out twenty and more season. I'm in Yeah, that's it, which is cool. Yeah, you don't put petrol in your own car?
Speaker 2: I mean there are plenty of times when she has I can do it.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Who's doing it?
Speaker 1: Someone have that as a service. I mean maybe one day.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if there's someone at the pump that's willing to do it for me, like, I'll take you up on the off one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: But no, I definitely perpetual on my own car.
Speaker 2: Who sawd the stories when we were trying to get the oil for action car?
Speaker 1: Fut?
Speaker 2: Yeah you were always pop at school? Isn't it so funny of a thing as well? No? I feel like I was super super shy, very not confident, would not put myself out there all throughout school, very reserved. I hung out the boys more than the girls. But I definitely would not have called myself popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not at all. Yeah. Yeah, you have a daily cleaner. No, her name's actually literally I'm the cleaner. I'm the chef. No. I have a cleaner though, and she's incredible. She's been with us for like five years, but like even if you have a cleaner once a week, say it's clean for that day. When you have children, it is dirty the next day it is. There's always new dishes, there's always new to washing. Like we have animals, it's fur everywhere. There's mess everywhere. Cleaner once a week is more for those like deep cleans. Yes, it's like the day to day never stops.
Speaker 2: Our house for sand is did your old house used to have that? Oh?
Speaker 1: The sand.
Speaker 2: It's like a daily thing that we have to vacuum. Yeah, sand everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh funny, Okay.
Speaker 2: This one it's giggling at. I assume you both smell so nice all the time, not in a creepy way, I swear, I said to Ashy. The worst we ever smell, both of us is right here right now, Like whenever we come to the podcast, it's so hot. We've got like our big jackets on the lights on us. I've like done a fresh tan a couple of days ago. I'm a stinky girl. When we're at the poddy.
Speaker 1: It's not super bad, but it just smells like sweat. Yes, like it's not boh, it's sweat. If I lift my armor, it just smells like I've been sweating.
Speaker 2: But then like day to day at home, this doesn't obviously I.
Speaker 1: Got confidence on how nice I smell.
Speaker 2: All I do do know well, then I use hardaway as well, but you know, I use like my heart away perfumes, the custard custard. I also wash my hair every day, so I feel like Kurt always says me's like, your hair always smells so good because I freshly wash my hair. It's not the best thing to do, but yeah, I feel like when I'm up here, though I'm a stinky girl, I never smelling. I never noticed she's smelling, but but I notice myself.
Speaker 1: If I lift my arm up, I'm like, yeah, she's sweaty. The next one is you. And still even never ever fight, I really feel like there's a difference between fight, argument and disagreement and even heat. Sometimes I'm like, oh, things are a bit heated at the moment, or we're a pretty ikey discussion, but as in fighting and screaming and yelling at each other. No, back in the day, yeah I had fire off for sure, but no, we don't fight. But there can be ikey disagreements or they can just feel like heat and just feel that energy of like you struggling to like come in the middle.
Speaker 2: And you can't understand each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you're feeling upset or resentful of something. But it's just more conversations. I feel like I just need time to like process it and chill out and like just regather my thoughts and then I can have a proper conversation. But I wouldn't use the word fight.
Speaker 2: You never get angry at your kids.
Speaker 1: I just had that one too, did you that you don't get angry your kids or husband?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I had this conversation actually the other day because I was chatting to Miline. I said, do you feel like like I yell at you? And she says, you speak in a different way.
Speaker 1: So it's of different tones.
Speaker 2: Yes. So I definitely do that when I'm disciplaining, when I'm geting aunt happy, like hey babe, you're not allowed to do that. We can't do this because blah blah blah. But I really don't feel like a yell anymore. But that's just being well regulated. Like that's literally all that comes back to for me.
Speaker 1: I think if any parent is yelling, smacking anything, it's because.
Speaker 2: They're stretched one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: They are not regulated. They are at full capacity. They're not handling themselves alone a little human. That's where the compassion comes in. I've got a girlfriend who she smacks her a little one quite often, and no judgment. I don't smack my kids. But all me and Steve see is she's stretched. She has no help, she's so tired all the time, and I feel so sad for her. So no, it's not the way that she wants to parent. Yeah, and she feels guilt and shame around it. But I'm just like, you're just so stretched, Like it's the only way that you feel you can get control and get your child to do what you want to do is by doing that. Any responds to it now, Yeah, So it's no judgment, it's just yeah.
Speaker 2: That's all you've got. The capacity for.
Speaker 1: More parenting is your own nervous and regulation. My more regulation should be the better parent you can be.
Speaker 2: I could not agree with that. More.
Speaker 1: You regret the diet culture that you used to endorse? How interesting? You know what? No, I don't, because at that point in my life, just like I am now, I was one hundred percent authentic. My whole career started from me sharing what I was doing eating, training, how I was living stories and like being on camera was not a thing back then. Like I wouldn't say one I was one of the first, but I kind of feel like I was. I've been sharing my life for a long time and I literally just openly shared because I was getting asked all the time. That's how it all started. And in that season of my life, I wanted to look good in a bikini. I was doing bikini competitions. I wanted to be the leanest, the strongest. I wanted to push my bodies to the limit because I was so passionate about that and that I had a competitive nature. I grew up doing a lot of sports. I loved that season of my life. It's not how I live now, But I can't say I live and regret for sharing my life and being authentic and honest. I wouldn't want to jump on there and say I'm eating something or doing something, but doing the complete opposite behind closed doors. That's how I was living. And for sure, having a platform, you have a sense of responsibility, but I also think the consumer and the watcher has a responsibility to make sure they are following people that is aligned with them. At their stage in their life and what feels good for them. You need to take responsibility for who you're watching, what you're consuming, and go on a journey with your body and see what feels good for you. How I train might not feel good for you, or your body might not respond like some girls that train hit seven days a week. I'm like, amazing, go you. My body can't handle that anymore. So I don't follow girls at train hit. I follow girls to do pilates and yoga and waits. So I don't regret it because I just I've always promised myself I'll be authentic and honest, and I always have been.
Speaker 2: Yep, you live in a big house and come from a wealthy background. I love these ones my parents, honestly, they've done such an incredible job. But when we were really little, there was all of us living in a one bedroom apartment. Then we also lived in the back of my nun's house in a caravan. Through stages of my life, I think I was about eight when we were living with me and I she spoke about this before living in caravans and now my mum and dad. They have done very well for themselves, but everything that I have got is from what I have done. Yeah, I've got a couple like that, like saying like your parents bought your house, your parents helped you with the renovation, or Kurt's parents help with you know, the renovation in this Yeah, I mean Kurt worked his butt off as well, and he was in a very great.
Speaker 1: And you guys position and then money since you were like twenty, you didn't spend all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we invested in the house, yeah, block of land.
Speaker 1: And travel, didn't do things. It was all to your home.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. So yeah, no, so it definitely did not come from when I was younger a wealthy household. But my mom and dad have done some smart decisions, and so have Kurt's mom and dad. Like they've both done like, you know, businesses and been really business savvy, which has been amazing. So I think feel like that's probably inspired me for sure, seeing them do those things. But you know, everything we have done, we have done ourselves.
Speaker 1: So good to be so proud of that. You're very sexually out there and into kinky stuff with Steve. Steve is such a private person. He would just I don't think he listens to all these episodes. He would die at how open I am going to tell himself? And he's like, you actually share that because he's just so private, Like if he could not be on camera for the rest of his life, he would choose that. He's a very private person. I mean, what do you compare it to, like this girl that's commented that, like, what is her version in her head of someone very sexual and very kinky. I actually asked Steve this though, because when I read this out, I said, would you describe me as very sexual and kinky? He's like, You're very sexual, but I wouldn't say kinky. Yeah, And I was like, what is kinky to you? And he's like, oh, I don't know. I suppose just doing things really out there and using like whips and masks and like collars and choke holds and just like kinkier stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a chain Kinky's just doing things that are out of the normal for you. I feel like I would be the same. Yeah, I feel like I'm not super like kinky. I feel like going through phases where I've been a bit more experimental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, but I wouldn't say that. You probably wouldn't see me like tied up with the chains with a mask on getting whipped. That's not going to do it for me.
Speaker 2: No, But what about like tied up and stuff? I don't mind himah they like I see some people probably think that's kinky.
Speaker 1: When was the last news handcuffs?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Never, long time before kids?
Speaker 2: Probably Okay, maybe we're a little bit more kinky than I know.
Speaker 1: It is so different.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're somewhere in the middle, you know what I mean. I think so you are always so happy, positive and giggly. I'm definitely not always so happy, positive and giggly. But I feel like when I'm having those days, I really go internal now, so you won't see me online as much. I won't even talk to like my friends as much because I know that I've got this energy. So I'm like just trying to go internal. I know that I'm more reactive. I listen to that, but I feel like I am happy, positive and giggly most of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about you just mixed?
Speaker 1: Depends on the day, depends on the season, depends what I'm going through. Overall, I try to be a high vibration though, like I consciously choose that each day, but I also allow that if I'm having a bad day or I'm going through something stressful, I fully allow myself to sit in that and feel that. I definitely lean on people around me more though. Yeah, like I definitely lean on my friends, lean on Steve, lean on myself as well. But I really love my support systems.
Speaker 2: I'm a journaling Like, when I am feeling those feelings, I kind of go more. You probably notice, Yeah, I kind of retract and I like go internal.
Speaker 1: Do My journey is sometimes you come to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sometimes I go to you. But if I'm feeling like I'm in a really triggered state, sometimes I try to wait till I'm like cool down and then I'll go to you.
Speaker 1: It's an important skill to have to be able to go internal, like we all should be able to self sue like do it ourselves for sure, and I can. But I also love the loving support that I feel for my friends. And depending on what it is, depends on which friend I go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always go to Steve for everything. He knows anything and everything. But I feel like different friends have different advice or different things. So true, So it's nice to have that that you nail Taj's lunch box, and you don't have to think about what you put in each day. You're talking to a healthy mum. I did a video on TikTok the other day, and it's not that trend where you leave them in the room and they have to say to the camera what it's like having you as a mum. And at the end he's like, she's healthy.
Speaker 2: So he said about you and that, so he likes what he likes.
Speaker 1: He's not a very experimental eater, so it kind of makes it easy for me.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he has this couple of snacks, two serves of fruit, he has a sandwich. It is very same, same each day. I've tried to like put different things in there, but it always comes home not eating. So I'd rather him eat and have what he likes. And I always say to him, like, do you like what mommy's putting your lunch box? I do it, so he doesn't do it the time, un less Steves do it. Oh my gosh, just chucks it in. It's like not cut up, the apple's not peeled. I'm like, no, it's done like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's a bit like that too, Like she will keep her lunch box pretty well the same. Yeah, creatures have habit, even like carrote she's a full carrot every day. Yeah, Like it's just always her, like things make an apple and like sometimes she might experiment and have like a little bit of apple for a while, but.
Speaker 1: Then back to the carriage.
Speaker 2: So funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, creatures of habit. It's easier for you as a mom too, Like I just lay out all the night before, so in the morning sort of chop it up and do it. I don't have to think so much. Easy like having a uniform, you have to think just pop it on. Yeah, that's brain.
Speaker 2: Our three kids are all like different things. Reagan a challenge when she goes to school. She's our fussy eater. One thing though she loves is like you know those rice crackers, like the round rice crackers. Yes, oh, so we put them in. She just changes all the time. Like one week she'll just eat a whole punt of strawberries and like, oh my gosh, amazing, chuck all the strawberries in this, that the other thing, And then the next week not one eating and I'm like, oh my gosh, Like I can't keep up with her eating. Yes, the struggle, the lunch struggle. You and Kurt never fight. You're very easy going, kind of sim toils and Steve, I feel like we definitely have disagreements, have disagreements things are we butt heads on things we need to chat about.
Speaker 1: As you're changing evolving too, like yeah, new conversations arise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like we can really communicate with each other calmly. Yeah, which is nice.
Speaker 1: You don't return your shopping trolley, you know what. I'm fifty to fifty here and I will by hand up and say guilty if I'm by myself always, I'm with Steve always, if I've just got me and the kids. So times not because if she's being chaotic and I'm like put all the groceries and shoes on my hip and there's heaps are traffic and I can't steer the trolley, probably I've either got to leave from the car by myself, which I'm not doing.
Speaker 2: I put it in the trolley. See, I put our kids in the trolley, like I put them all in the trolley.
Speaker 1: There's way carry me. So if I'm carrying her across the road whilst trying to like navigate a trolley to get to the trolley spot. I won't risk it because it's just too dangerous and if not ever drop of water if she was squirming and then ran on the road, like, I'm sorry, I'm not risking that just to put a trolley away. If I'm with Steven by myself always. If I'm with Tyler and she's been difficult.
Speaker 2: Kurt's fifty to fifty as well, kurts like, sometimes it will, sometimes won't. I'm a goodie two issues. That's me. He doesn't sit in there and make it sits ya so like it's actually more annoying if I have to pull her out, so I may just empty it.
Speaker 1: Why she won't sit in there? Yeah, just sit there girlfriend. Yeah, she's like Tyler Walk Tyler Walk.
Speaker 2: Oh. I remember that phase though, where they just always want to be out about amongst it.
Speaker 1: Someone said totally not that it's not true. However, from outside you're always so put together in mum life and business, etc. That's so interesting because I definitely don't portray that online, Like I'm one of the people that doesn't use filters. I'll show it without makeup. I'm never jumping on to be perfect. I'm quite routined and structured though, Like I feel like I have my things in place and have my things booked in because I know what I enjoy, I know what I value, and I make sure that that happens. But yeah, put together all the time, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I actually had one here too. Can't leave your house without makeup? Comfy down bottom, professional up top. Well, I can leave my house that makeup, and I've done it plenty of times, like running down to calls at night when you need milk and bread or you know, morning walks. I'll go down and do no makeup for a morning walk. But I do love having my makeup done. I just find it so relaxing. I listen to an audio book or a podcast makes me feel amazing for the rest of the day. It's like if I take ten minutes to just do my makeup in the morning, I feel so much more ready for my day. I'm more productive, I get more done, And yeah, I do like being comfy down bottom, Like when it comes to the end of the day, my TRACKI docs and my ugs are me.
Speaker 1: And you were the same, like early shower dressing gown, Oh things was better? Someone said you were the mean girl at school and Jadan was actually reading this yesterday. I popped in to see her. She was like, oh my god, these people do not know you at all. I was the opposite. I was the girl that was friends with everyone. I was the ugly duckling. I was not like the popular, attractive, cool girl, but I was friends with everyone. I was far from the mean girl. I like. I honestly had like my sporty crew, my popular crew, my nerdy crew, the boys like I would like pop around and see everyone. I was super social, but I was definitely not a mean girl. I was everyone's friend.
Speaker 2: You are a go getter. Nothing can stand in your way once you set your mind to whatever you want to achieve. I feel like fifty to fifty definitely, if I really want to do something, I will make it happen and I will do it. But then also, I feel like with this more slow living, I'm pulling back a bit more because we're trying to live a bit more intentional and a bit more slow. So I'm not going for as many things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's only when it's really well aligned. I feel like if something's really well aligned, then yeah, I feel like I will figure it out. Yeah, nice.
Speaker 1: Someone said, you miss your long, bitchy blonde hair. I don't miss the blonde, not one bit. I love my darker hair. I love it too, I go in and out. I think I like my hair shorter when it's out. But styling short hair is really hard. Even I put it in a clip, it's got this spout thing at the top. It just is not cute. So it's easier to style longer hair, like just put in a pony and it looks nice. So I don't know. I'm really in between if I want to grow shorter or grow it.
Speaker 2: I actually really like the length it is right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's awkward at the moment. Yeah, that in between ish, but it's so healthy and so healthy. I think I will grow it while it's so healthy. If it ever gets thin and ratty, I'll just cut it again.
Speaker 2: When you have long hair, it's so much easier to do, Like you put it in a pony and it looks so cute, looks so done.
Speaker 1: Someone said you don't like making new friends and want to keep your friend's circle as is a couple of months ago, I thought about this, and I'm very content with my friendship groups and I don't see them as much as what I would like to. I would love to see my friends more. But then Tiana came along and I was like, oh cool, but I felt like a big pool towards her. I just really feel into energy, Like I don't think I just hang out with people for the sake of hanging out with them, because anytime I'm not with my family, it has to be really worth it because I want most of my time to be with my family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's why I just really like my core girlyfriends that I have really strong bonds with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, someone said you seem so balanced with a lot on your plate, but you always bring good vibes even in the heat, I think, so. Yeah, really try definitely be moments I'm sure where I haven't been a good vibe, but overall I really try to.
Speaker 2: You definitely do.
Speaker 1: I think I get better and better as I get older. A few years ago, not so much, but I think I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Better as I get older.
Speaker 1: I'll always intentionally try and bring a good vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You and Kiara feel guilty about not showing up online daily.
Speaker 2: I definitely feel like for a whole day I would rather show up, especially being in our business. I think, you know, like selling products and stuff like that, you want to also give value value, so you want to be on there and also you know, like have a few days where you just like catching up, hanging out and you know, keeping that connection.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, I feel like since Eden, you and I haven't been on as much. Yeah, and now I don't have baseline. I've just been trying to just be more present in my everyday life. But it is a fine balance of like, I love the community, I love staying connected, I love sharing, But I think, yeah, lesson is feeling nicer for me. Yeah, that's yeah nice because I definitely used to feel guilty for not being online, and sometimes if I haven't been on in two days, I'm like, oh, it feels weird. But I don't feel that guilt anymore like I used to.
Speaker 2: It's not as much pressure. Maybe I'd just.
Speaker 1: Rather show up more intentionally when I've got value to give. Yeah, or I feel like having a chat even it could just be like something to give someone a lot. I feel like a funny experience, you know, relatable. Yeah, Yeah, you don't eat bad foods and I don't know how you don't, but go you I'm very eighty twenty. Like, I definitely treat myself. But what do you considered bad? Like I don't do recreational drugs. I don't eat a lot of take away. I don't drink our whole. I don't eat a lot of processed foods. But like I love having an ice cream. I love going out for dinners which is probably cooked and seed oils and has MSG in it when I eat you know, modernas or whatever. Overall, my diet is like pretty consistently, very well balanced, yeah, because I feel better. Yeah, but if anything, I'll get into like a habit of having lollies. Yeah, like too many lollies. Yeah, it's totally my downfall. Yeah, oh my god. These chips though the gusmind gyg gyg. So I have only recently had these chippies. I went up and visitors ches just for like twenty four hours. She lives at the Sunny Coast. We had a little boy and we're like, oh, what do we do for dinner? And we just throw past it. She's like, oh, do you want to get that? And I was like, oh, it's not the same as dembreros, but yeah, I'd give it a go. Got the chippies. Oh my god, they are the yummiest hot chips I have ever had in my whole entire life.
Speaker 2: They are incredible.
Speaker 1: So I've been having them quite regularly lately. Yeah, I could have them every day. They're so good.
Speaker 2: They're so delicious, so so good. They's like Kurt's are chip fiend, like he's like being anything his favorite.
Speaker 1: So like a little bit of a kick. But they're sweet and they're salty.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. Whatever the combination is, they've nailed it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely nailed. I have tried them. I recommend you don't because you become a dick.
Speaker 2: It's so true.
Speaker 1: You have a live in nanny? No, oh my god, so funny, so funny. Never have had a live in nanny? No, you haven't nanny, but not a live in She has her hours and then she goes home and lives her life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how i'd feel about a living nanny just being in your space all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just love my family time. Yeah, but yeah we have help because Tyler doesn't go to daycare. But no, no living nanny. I don't know anyone that has a live in nanny.
Speaker 2: Neither do I no no.
Speaker 1: PS. Fine people with green flags. Green flag people celebrate your wins. They remember the small things about you. They respect your boundaries. You feel energized after seeing them. They listen with out being defensive. They allow you to be your full self. They make you feel safe, you don't have to watch what you say, and they support and encourage all of your goals.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so nice. Ps. Things you do have your words, the power to grow, the capacity to care, the ability to change, the insight to self reflect, the integrity to stay true to yourself, the ability to go at your own pace, the clarity to do what's best for you, the kindness to uplift yourself, the ability to connect with others, the space to create the life you want.
Speaker 1: Oh it's beautiful, so nice. Well thanks for joining us, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see you on Wednesday. Hi,