Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Way Way, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 3: Be great day.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 4: I know we got a little treat on the weekend and then we're paying for it this week.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not cold, but it's just very foggy.
Speaker 2: And don't judge me on a Tuesday morning when we're meant to be full of sparkle and energy. And yeah, are you grumpy?
Speaker 4: He's a little bit. We'll turn him around. He's a roller coaster. Remember yesterday was acting like a bit of a child.
Speaker 1: Funny, you are funny yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, worse.
Speaker 5: Our boss Sarah was supposed to be coming down. I got to the airport five thirty. They said come back at two o'clock.
Speaker 4: Two pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just.
Speaker 5: Watch flights today round lots of flights are canceled and delayed.
Speaker 4: Not a food court issue, what well, just I don't know. Dramas at the airport. Muffin Brake's not opening, no flying.
Speaker 2: Weather into the airport and getting told that he's even until two thirty.
Speaker 1: He'd love it, he'd sit.
Speaker 6: There's noodle box, there's all this.
Speaker 5: So if you are flying early this morning, check flights make sure everything's on time.
Speaker 2: It's just really weird and eerie.
Speaker 1: This is a bit area.
Speaker 2: It was lingering last night as well.
Speaker 6: Question. So the fox here are in Sydney.
Speaker 5: Well, it's very foggy out there this morning here, but flights from Sydney have also been canceled and delayed.
Speaker 6: So that's it.
Speaker 2: That's a I don't know. Check the Jetstar website.
Speaker 6: That's a long delay O two pm.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I don't know if it was canceled or delayed, but that was her option. So we ain't seen our boss today.
Speaker 2: So the kids are running. Why clean, You're in charge.
Speaker 1: Let's go home.
Speaker 2: So we go home.
Speaker 6: Don't you want another chop?
Speaker 5: It is the kind of morning off guys, but you don't want to get out of bed though. I looked outside the window and I was really I'd love to stay in bed today.
Speaker 4: I know what I'll get you excited coming up this Friday. Get out of bed, clear the fog and jump on a plane to go and see and Canada.
Speaker 5: Vancouver, Canada one of the coolest cities in the world, not dissimilar to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Vancouver about it.
Speaker 4: Prime Minister's got himself in the water over there. Because he was caught dancing at the Ears tour. Let him go, justin Trudeau.
Speaker 5: He run's allowed to dance at the Year's tour, aren't they? Surely why was he in trouble because there was a crisis.
Speaker 6: The yes, a bit of a crisis.
Speaker 1: And where was he supposed to be?
Speaker 6: Well, I think there's riots going on and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think incumbents in Canada governments can't do anything right at the moment, given how much people are hurting in the hip pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's in Canada.
Speaker 4: There was no Schoma and the bushfires, you know what I mean. It's very different Hawaii.
Speaker 6: Remember that.
Speaker 1: What are the rights in Canada?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I just read the headline on Instagram. To be honest, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's the news.
Speaker 5: Guy I've got now, you've got no problem with him being at Tator Swift either, do you night let the man.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, guys, I think we've uncovered a new Australian entertainment reporter in the form of our twenty three year old.
Speaker 6: Producer gen z Well.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Do you think she made her debut in her retirement all at once, because I reckon she wants to quit while she's on.
Speaker 4: I think she did very well. She caught up with international singer James Blunt, went very well.
Speaker 1: So you're obviously huge back like forty years ago. Well, James Bond if.
Speaker 4: You missed it, gen Z, a young producer goes one on one with JB. James Blunt coming up in the next few minutes. Possibly one of the best interviews I've.
Speaker 2: Heard all year. It's a good one. What are the top end talent have we got coming to our shores? Good? We can throw Ali at Oh, she's coming. There must be a big awards night to finish off the year.
Speaker 1: No, they've all sort of happened. Was it the AFLW Awards last time?
Speaker 2: Yes? They were. Who won that Ebony maronoff from the Adelaide Cross that Grand Final? This week? It is? Where is it at Prince's Park?
Speaker 1: Oh, dear Melbourne, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Footy club aiming for Grand Final redemption against the lines.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to help you out. Stop asking him questions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got there.
Speaker 1: I thought it. I knew it was Brisbane. I just didn't know if it was here in Brisbane.
Speaker 4: Were in a huge show coming up today and a new service we have launched to help out our listeners here in Melbourne. We'll dive into that a little bit later on this morning. Sabrina Carpenter. Now this is Taste, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Melbourne, Jason Lawrence, Boys.
Speaker 4: Rush, God Love your Cogan and God Love a thousand dollars cash. If you want to play, you can register by the overplayer app or give us ring thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 6: Let's go to chelt them this morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jade, Hi Lauren Hiday, Hello Jade.
Speaker 4: Running through your living environment unit, house, caravan?
Speaker 6: What's it go?
Speaker 1: Mansion?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I wis no?
Speaker 8: We are in like the old post war timber Where the board how okay?
Speaker 7: So yeah, how many bits?
Speaker 1: It's true?
Speaker 5: Okay, so not too big because here's how this game works. We're going to name an appliance and you have to run around and get it switched on within thirty seconds and if you can, thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So if you lived in like a Richie Rich style mansion and you were on the fourth floor in the thirty sixth bedroom, it'll be to the kitchen.
Speaker 6: But day we were to either the day otherwise it might be the alarm.
Speaker 4: Clock in the bedroom totally. You know, it could be anything. It could be the toaster in.
Speaker 1: The yesterday's was the hand driver.
Speaker 4: Okay, you will get thirty seconds to rush to this part of the house and let us hear the sound if you do it inside the thirty seconds. One thousand dollars thanks to Cogan, is yours?
Speaker 6: Are you ready to go?
Speaker 7: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Good lack.
Speaker 6: What area of the house are you standing in at the moment?
Speaker 9: The whole way?
Speaker 1: Oh, she's right in the middle.
Speaker 2: She's prepared.
Speaker 4: You describe where you're running when I tell you what the item is.
Speaker 6: Thirty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 6: We need to hear the sound of a blender. Start the clock. Blender all right, ninja bullet.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I'm tucking it in.
Speaker 4: Ten seconds, fifteen seconds we're at It was dirty in the dishwasher, trying to get that bloody ten seconds.
Speaker 8: Okay, take.
Speaker 6: Seconds to go and change.
Speaker 4: You got yourself one thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, you got.
Speaker 1: Well. Dane sees chuck of margarita blending there and we froze. Margie. You gotta plugged in to celebrate.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, you guys are the best.
Speaker 7: That is so good.
Speaker 6: Ja one thousand dollars congratulations.
Speaker 8: Oh that's unreal. My vacuum paint blew up yesterday. So if you'd told me that I was thinking do not go vacuum, you.
Speaker 4: Can get awesome Black Friday deal at coguan dot com with up to seventy percent off a range of TVs, tech appliances, vacuums and more. Coguan dot com Black Friday Sale on now. That is clicking awesome, Jade, enjoy.
Speaker 8: The grand Oh my god, thanks gush.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's park the last few days of what's happened in Perth and let's let's more look ahead to a big summer cricket.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is responsible for all of these heads.
Speaker 4: Believable, colacable thing you'll probably.
Speaker 2: Ever seen cricket, and that was just from one game of crickets. Please welcome to the show, Clem Maxwell, When Maxwell, Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: How are you going? God, he's looking fresh, He's looking fresh on FaceTime.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're busy.
Speaker 5: I feel like cricket players are so busy because it never stops. It's obviously summer here but it's kind of I feel like it's on all year round. How on earth do you have time to write a book on top of that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was quite busy.
Speaker 12: I think we started in February and obviously under pressure from the publisher as well, so to get it all done in time and have a product that we were really proud of.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of hardware, Glenn.
Speaker 4: We had to sign a few copies and do you have a do you have a quirky little thing that you go to when you're signing copies of the books?
Speaker 6: Is there a little line.
Speaker 12: Depending on the person or where they're from, it's like a go Stars or go Aussies, And it's like and like, potentially before I was let Go, probably would have been go RCB or something like that.
Speaker 6: What do you write that and just put across through it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a good maybe like go Washington Freedom or something like that one of the teams I played for.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Maxie, I want to ask you about the title The Showman? Now? Am I right? Can you dispell a theory? You're well, it's not really your nickname, but the nickname the media give you the Big Show. Do you hate it? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I absolutely despise it.
Speaker 12: To be fair, if people come up to me and say and like yell at me Big Show, I sort of ignore them. I don't really give it enough time.
Speaker 1: And was that why do you hate it?
Speaker 12: It's just been a nickname that I've just tried to get rid of since day one.
Speaker 2: I sort of inherited it, though, didn't you. It's sort of like, I don't know, why did it stick? Did that?
Speaker 12: It stuck?
Speaker 11: Well, it's stuck.
Speaker 12: In my first series in the UAE against Pakistan in twenty twelve, and Michael Clark came out and said it in a press conference like straight after he goes, oh, yeah, the Big Show played beautifully at the back end, and then the media just ran with her.
Speaker 5: Oh god, Michael Clark and the media honestly is always bloody making mincemeter things, isn't he?
Speaker 12: Well it was it was Matt Wade who came up with a nickname and then and obviously that sort of got a bit of traction, and yeah, it just went went from there and unfortunately everyone forgot I was Glenn Maxwell after that.
Speaker 2: It was just a big So it is the Showman. A bit of a sort of subtle dig at that nickname.
Speaker 11: Well, it's sort of I suppose the evolution.
Speaker 12: I suppose moving sort of out of that nickname, and I suppose being called the big show for so long and it comes with certain I suppose expectator pressures, and it's probably been used against me in a lot of a lot of press and a lot.
Speaker 11: Of public perceptions.
Speaker 12: So to sort of come out the other side and almost had that defining moment of my career.
Speaker 1: How's life is a dad?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's quite busy. It's quite funny.
Speaker 12: My my phone's currently resting on our our baby caddy thing at the moment, swet.
Speaker 11: Nappies and all sorts of stuff in there as well. Now, little ones fourteen months.
Speaker 4: I just started walkmate, you won't even see your phone anymore.
Speaker 6: I'll just flog it.
Speaker 12: He started walking while I was while I was during the series. We're just played against Pakistan. So I've come home and it's been chaos.
Speaker 4: Glad We're heading into a very important time of the year and that is Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Backyard cricket, Oh yeah, good call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things get quite competitive at your place. What do you guys spend Christy?
Speaker 12: I think, Chrissy, is that my parents place this year, which is which is really good because we've got quite a big backyard there, so I'm sure we'll get the bat and ball out and they'll be pretty competitive.
Speaker 2: Play.
Speaker 4: You have to be the umpire, Yeah, well the other team's got to have more players.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's got to be.
Speaker 12: Well, there's there's enough disadvantages with the conditions, with the slope of the backyard, so basically any any ball can have your name on it, so it's it's it's pretty competitive and the family is pretty athletic, so that there'll be they'll be good fun for everyone.
Speaker 2: MAXI cricket, you're going from one day is to t twenties to one hundred in the UK. Is cricket just getting shorter and shorter and shorter And is that playing into your hands?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 11: Well, I tell you what.
Speaker 12: The seven over game that we played and played in the Brisbane the other day was great.
Speaker 11: Seven overs seven overs could be could be the future. It was good fun. They're playing t tms at the moment.
Speaker 4: Neither do I for someone who's got ADHD it's great. It's just we're in and out, guys. We're not sitting there at the mcg all day.
Speaker 5: Well, my family are all big cricket people, and they love that one that goes for five days.
Speaker 2: No sch this boxing them people.
Speaker 6: With the silly little lunch boxes. I'm like, gee, the cheese plays.
Speaker 1: My family love it. I like the T twenty.
Speaker 11: The T twenty is great fun. I guess the families.
Speaker 12: I just wish they probably played it at a better time so the kids could I suppose be.
Speaker 11: At five o'clock. I think that's probably fits in everyone.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised they haven't moved it, to be honest, just to get the.
Speaker 5: But it looks the audiing night with the fireworks and the lighting.
Speaker 1: And don't worry about the kids. I love it. Perfect time, have a little wine, bit of tea, Twitter.
Speaker 6: Let back Twell the book Are The Showman.
Speaker 4: It is available in bookstores and online retailers.
Speaker 6: Helen, have a great Christmas mate, Thanks very much.
Speaker 11: Would be good fun.
Speaker 4: Hey, coming up next, I want to talk about a steak that you will never forget. Actually, in fact, thirty Night thirteen twenty four to ten best steak in Melbourne?
Speaker 6: Where must we go?
Speaker 1: It didn't sound Helmo just win the award for the best steak in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I believe it did.
Speaker 1: In the c and grill you can get all types of steaks.
Speaker 2: The Argentinians do it better.
Speaker 4: I'm talking in the burbs.
Speaker 6: What's a crack at steak Night?
Speaker 5: There was one in Richmond called the Union Dining. Oh no, that's the house the Kingston used to do a good steak.
Speaker 6: We're coming up next. I got a steak.
Speaker 4: You will never forget third twenty four to ten if you know about a crack at cracking steak.
Speaker 6: Also a fun fact, I just.
Speaker 4: Learned about steak. Oh yeah, and wait till you hear the response. Our producer gen Z had a very important day here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: It's steak night day.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, a lot of Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: Wednesdaydays too, steak Maybe our production Ey was just blowing up because his favorite joint on Steak Night has just made a massive change. Where did you used to go where it was bottomless bottomless fries?
Speaker 2: Was Bonnie bar right, and it's bonny Bonny and.
Speaker 6: It used to be bottomless fries with your steak, Is that right?
Speaker 2: It was bottomless fries.
Speaker 6: It was fantastic.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a very French thing, isn't it. Where they do comforts and they get heaps of fries over and over. Sorry did you say what I just did? It was quite a squirt.
Speaker 2: You got a squirter there. Sorry?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I just tried to put some hands on squirted halfway across the.
Speaker 6: Right well that I find.
Speaker 2: It's all about the sides. Obviously. I hope he's got an issue. But some places that do. The scolet potatoes are just exquisite.
Speaker 4: Boundary Hotel on Sunday I went there and I got a nice Scotch philet, little scolet potatoes and sauce.
Speaker 2: And don't throw any rocket at me. I ro rocket man.
Speaker 1: You're not a rocket man.
Speaker 4: I love rocket.
Speaker 2: It's just a bit.
Speaker 5: Peppery and deltos, you know what, rather that than that povo lettuce in like sometimes they cut the tomato too big.
Speaker 2: Give me a cole slaw, What are you? Big? Rooster?
Speaker 4: In nineteen and McKinnon Hotel needs to piss off that horse radish.
Speaker 2: You don't like mustard? No, I like.
Speaker 4: I like a seeded mustard on the side, but it comes up with like this horse radish on top of it. Sauce pepper, yeah, pep, is this right? Only just like the other day that a tea bone. Yes, he's half Porterhouse half I Philip.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and the teas down the middle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so a little a little bit. I feel it best of both worlds.
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Do you know what our producer gen Z, the twenty three year old on the show said, what did you ask me about teapot?
Speaker 1: How do they combine the two?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she meant.
Speaker 6: It to someone.
Speaker 2: Get a butcher on the phone.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 4: I want to head to Penrith in Sydney for State Night.
Speaker 2: What's happened in Penrith, Sydney's West?
Speaker 4: Yeahyoun an hour out of Sydney. We are heading to Loan Star, Rip House and Bruise.
Speaker 2: It sounds plush.
Speaker 5: Lone Star. Is that where they put the peanuts on the floor. Yes, I think they used to do because someone slipped on the peanut shells and they sued them. So then you just had the bootscooters that would come out and dance.
Speaker 2: But there's no Chadstone. Wasn't there There was one? Right?
Speaker 1: It was a homes clad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's up there with Johnny Rockets. When they'd stop serving shakes and come out to do a full danger. Yes, she would go to hog's breath back in the day where they slow fries turf. Hogs breath is amazing steaks slow cooked for nine weeks. So this lady had to send her steak back unfortunately, because just as she started to eat it, what she noticed crawling maggots.
Speaker 6: No, I see the little white bits.
Speaker 2: Around the edge. It's not grizzle, That's what I said.
Speaker 6: When I first looked at it, I was like, I would have eaten it. It's moving, but they were moving.
Speaker 1: How do you get maggots in his steak?
Speaker 2: I think it's steaks.
Speaker 4: The health department well, not raided the joint, but when inspected and they found all the steaks sealed in bags and stuff, So that was fine. However, the lady said, no, I had live maggots in my steak, she complained. They offered to send her replacement steak. No, I'd probably go the chicken after that.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting.
Speaker 4: I know what Clint sinking. You could eat around, You could eat around that, just drizzle it in gravy.
Speaker 5: Maggots They flies, yes, So how did she get.
Speaker 1: Dead flies in a steak that turned into maggots?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess the flies have died on the steak they've turned into maggots.
Speaker 2: I mean, that wouldn't happen in Melbourne. Melbourne is home to the.
Speaker 4: Radio executive producer The Maggot Experts get maggots.
Speaker 13: I've actually got a bit of a thing for maggots. They are fly larvae. Larvae like the offspring of flies. So they often lay their larvae in steaks and other types of food, and then they hatch, and then they often and then they grow into flies.
Speaker 2: And that's what that.
Speaker 6: Is, you think for megots.
Speaker 2: If you've got a thing for maggots, why do they have a posh on for steaks? Yeah, rich in vitamins.
Speaker 1: So is that what happens in the bins when the flies and the flies go into the bin and they lay their larvae. Sure, it's called larvae.
Speaker 2: It is called larvae. So if you squish it.
Speaker 13: You know when blow flies, particularly around this time of a few months earlier, where they get nice and fat, if you ever squish them, the larvae like kind of spoonge outla squating before exactly like that, and they spooge out. So that sometimes if you kill a big fly, you actually have to get rid of it because if you just kill it and leave it. The larvae will climb out of the corpse of its parent, and then well.
Speaker 5: You really do have a thing for maggot. Who knew you were a maggot?
Speaker 2: Expert screams, maggot, that's foul.
Speaker 1: Flies are disgusting everywhere.
Speaker 6: What do you sit on? An onion ring?
Speaker 4: Or love an onion ring?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 6: Angus and Bond they did good ones. They do gray onion ring ring?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Just sliced onion? Right?
Speaker 4: Well, well, don't ruin the secret, Jesus man.
Speaker 6: Bruce Wayne, what other things you're gonna spoil?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't get the onion.
Speaker 1: Better?
Speaker 4: God Ona knowburn, Welcome you Chuesday, everybody you Tuesday Jays?
Speaker 6: What an over crappy They call that a peace soup they.
Speaker 1: Do in and it's a bit wet, but it's warm.
Speaker 2: But it's for the airport. There's chaos airport.
Speaker 1: The airport would be a real situation.
Speaker 2: Heading to Talmen. A little bit of a warning. Just check your schedule, because we're told twenty nine departing flights have been canceled already. You couldn't say incoming flights are being diverted. Imagine getting up there in the sky and then you're ladies and gentlemen, we have been diverted to avalon airport.
Speaker 5: Novel would be the same. It'd be more like Adelaide or camera.
Speaker 6: If it was camera go. You know what, guys, let's run the risk and try and.
Speaker 2: Land this bird.
Speaker 4: Imagine out look look at Tom Hanks.
Speaker 6: He landed on the Hudson. I'm sure we can do it on the Erra.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone wants to be that all the way.
Speaker 2: From rather that than Canberra. Lax, and you're like, oh, we're going to Canberra.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, international flights. I didn't even think of.
Speaker 2: That fifteen sixteen, seventeen hours into your trip. And then they're like, also island.
Speaker 4: Is that what we want tourist seeing for the first time. Australia loves their porn and fireworks. It's only in this city, only in the city.
Speaker 5: Airport is hectic on mornings like this, so make sure you check your flights because there are a lot of delays and cancelations this morning.
Speaker 4: Coming up after seven thirty this morning, Clint, very awkward situation happened on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought I was being a good friend.
Speaker 2: I think I was being a good You're being a great friend.
Speaker 1: But now I've been made to feel very uncomfortable about it.
Speaker 6: Clint, A photo has got me in hot water. We're going to die to you doing You're going to hint, yeah, I had something in my mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're going to dive into that after seven thirty this morning. Coming up next though, something you're gonna want for Christmas. You're on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint's here as well. You're listening to nover.
Speaker 8: Go Jacent Lawrence reaching next to Christmas.
Speaker 1: We are officially in love actually seasoned, guys. We are one month till Christmas. Roll it out, Roll out the greatest Christmas movie of all time.
Speaker 4: So, Lauren, you came up with a cracking idea, and that is this Christmas, why don't we reconnect with someone that we haven't spoken to in our life in ages. And it's not because of a falling out or anything like that. It's because life has just gotten in the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you missed them, or maybe it was a colleague who you think back and go, oh my god.
Speaker 5: We had some of the best times of our lives together, but when we stopped working together, we just lost time.
Speaker 4: I reached out to mate of mine Max, who used to be part of my coffee gang yesterday on the show and we caught up. When I left here yesterday, I gave McCall on the way home, Yeah, whole way home him and I would just say, oh, I remember that guy used to come down to the coffee shop. I remember that guy would go to the public after laugh. It was the biggest trip down memory lane. And by the time I got home decided that we're going to blast out a message to the whole group next time I'm in Brisbane.
Speaker 6: Let's all meet at the coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very nice and so many people have spoken to me about this because I think it's something we can all relate to. You know, there's people that come in and out of our lives. There's like five minute friends, and then there's you know, friends from your twenties and things just kind of change. But often they don't really we just lose touch. So this Christmas we want to have Melbourne reconnected with an old mate that they miss and tomorrow is the day.
Speaker 4: That's right, we want everyone to do it tomorrow and let us know how it goes also use us as the excuse because there's something it has sort of come up, and I don't think it needs to be there, But sometimes there's an element of guilt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what your friends said yesterday. I feel really bad about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like, I know, I've got another girl who we used to be really good friends and her partner's going through a really hard time at the moment, and I haven't reached out to her in years.
Speaker 5: But sometimes you feel like it's been too long and now you're like, oh, I can't reach out now because I've sort of been mia for a bit.
Speaker 6: But when I think, and I'm like, she's not If I ring, she's not going to go, how dare you call? She should be happy to hear from me.
Speaker 2: We broach the same issue in a phone call with my friend Nicole and how I felt immense guilt but not having caught up with her given her sort of trials and tribulations over the last out of twelve eighteen months she'd been battling cancer. And I'm pleased to say we're actually catching up for lunch. Oh my god, that's so nice. In a week and a half time nice, It's really nice. It's just from picking up the phone and having a conversation, you know, reconnecting.
Speaker 6: Use us as the excuse.
Speaker 4: It can be as easy as you know what. I was in the car. I was listening to nover this morning. They're talking about reconnecting with old friends, and you popped into my mind straight away. That is literally your opening sentence, and I guarantee you'll be away.
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Is there someone you're thinking of? Don't do it yet, but we just love to hear. Who are the people that Melbourne are missing in their lives. Maybe it is maybe it's a friend that you lost through a breakup, like oh yeah, ex's friends that it was just like people took sides and like times too, they don't need to know we've moved on.
Speaker 4: Some times people feel like, oh I couldn't reach out to Lauren, you know I met her through correct like Lauren's.
Speaker 6: Like that was just an example.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's UNI mate.
Speaker 6: Maybe the excellence wondering if you love from them he reconnected.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is an excellent Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like you usa to me, it's weird that I'm friends with exits. But sometimes I'm like, you know, if it wasn't a bad breakup and you spent that time with them, there's nothing wrong with going Hey, I just want to check in. You know, we our families knew each other. You know, hope last Streek and you will. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. If you're listening to this in the car right now and you've got that friend that's popped into your mind, give us a call, let us know the history. How long has it been since you spoke? Why has it been so long?
Speaker 1: And you're nervous or excited about tomorrow to reach out to them.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow is a reconnect for Christmas Day. I know I've got a bunch of people I'm going to reach out to, but thirteen twenty four ten, if you want to be a part of it, we are very proudly kicking off and you'll reconnect for Christmas.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is the day to reach out to someone you miss and just say hello, good knows what.
Speaker 14: I I met this amazing girl called Chelsea through my ex boyfriend, and hearing you guys talk about it on air has just made me really want to reach out to her again. We haven't really spoken since my X and I broke up, and yeah, I really miss her.
Speaker 15: Hey, I'm Nick and I'd love to catch up with an old family friend Tom. Our parents were family friends back in the day. We went to school together and then some stuff went down and we haven't really caught up since. So hopefully I'll be able to catch.
Speaker 6: Up with you, Tom.
Speaker 2: Hey, my name's Allison.
Speaker 10: I really want to reconnect with my old friend Kate. We used to get a UNI together. We were inseparable, but life got in the way. We've got different jobs, haven't seen her in years, but I really miss her and I've been thinking about it a lot now, especially in the lead up to Christmas, and I think it'd be great to reconnect with her.
Speaker 4: Many different reasons. It comes under.
Speaker 5: And it doesn't mean that you then have to commit to having lunch with them, but it is nice just to think back on those old times as well and just have a.
Speaker 1: Laugh about That's that's really lovely an impression on someone.
Speaker 4: Veronica in Hastings, Good.
Speaker 16: Morning, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: Hello Ronnie, missed your absolute legends on the radio.
Speaker 1: By the way, is there someone you're thinking of?
Speaker 16: Yes, Angel Faith, My dearest friend Dori Ant who lived in New Zealand. I went to high school with her and she's like a sister to me.
Speaker 7: I looked up to.
Speaker 16: Her creditably that she became a policewoman and I haven't seen her for all about seven years.
Speaker 6: When when was the last time you guys actually spoke on the phone.
Speaker 16: Oh last year, sir?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Any legends, any trace whatsoever? Like any he connected socially, like on social media?
Speaker 16: No, Angel Face, because she's just she's been involved with moving to New Zealand and having to you know, reside there and get herself comfortable and there's no conflict like I missed it, like the air I breathe.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so nice. You're going to reach out to her tomorrow and say hello and try and catch up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Veronica, make sure you let us know how it goes tomorrow, will you.
Speaker 16: Oh that would be grat thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to ask that question just to see if you call me angel face as well, but just answer the question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bring honor to speak to you all.
Speaker 2: Thank you, angel Face.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked it.
Speaker 2: You can hear the like yeah Simon in her voice as well.
Speaker 4: Honestly, when we spoke to Max yesterday, my mate from the Coffee Gang.
Speaker 6: I ring him. I said, I'll reach out after the show and I left here.
Speaker 4: I was driving out of the Nervus Studios and I was like, I've got a call Max, and I rang him and he picked up the phone and it was like I was ringing him to say, Hey, make megun for coffee.
Speaker 6: It was so funny in the Coffee Gang.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a good eighte of us and.
Speaker 2: It's a it's not a gang, it's a grip.
Speaker 1: If we go to this like they started a coffee and ended up in top down.
Speaker 2: Robberies or anything, do a hard time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when three of the Coffee Gang get released, we're all going to catch up a gang. We all catch up during visiting hours.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: We'd start at Jamie's coffee shop and then on a Friday, two of the boys would set up a giant spit in the.
Speaker 2: Car par the car park the coffee.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, you own on Jie, Jamie and the coffee.
Speaker 6: We'd go into the night and then all head across to the q A.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're like it's always sunny in Philadelphia where they buy the pub and they've got no other customers other than their friends.
Speaker 6: People try and walk in Jamie's like coffee.
Speaker 5: Club, coffee what we call the coffee Boys, Coffee gang, coffee gang.
Speaker 2: Only you need to sirs.
Speaker 1: If you're not in the game, you're out customers.
Speaker 4: Be like I can smell a pig cooking. You know, we're closed, close for business.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Look tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I really hope we make this an annual thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: It's actually heading into Christmas. It doesn't cost you anything, and my god, it's going to make you feel better than any bloody thing you buy on that.
Speaker 5: It's so nice when someone reaches out and so to speak, thinking of you and wanted to say hi.
Speaker 2: Perfect Chrissy gift.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, we are very proudly hosting our first reconnect for Christmas Day. We want you to be a part of it, Melbourne, so make sure you join us. I'm in trouble. Socials just pointed out I mister mate's birthday.
Speaker 5: Oh I hate that instantly.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 6: Good mate as well. Oh no, happy birthday brother for yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. Well we're here.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to say happy birthday to all the people whose birthdays I've missed this year? Do you know what I And then you know what? You get past the day and you're like, I just think we.
Speaker 2: Just brush over it. But I'm on Facebook anymore.
Speaker 1: No, neither of you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So normally it comes up on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Now I'm just getting the photos of other friends posting photos.
Speaker 1: I think, as an adult, do you get someone.
Speaker 4: Never forgets mine and even sends mesters on the kid's birthdays?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's a good friend.
Speaker 5: Should he's probably your only friend I've ever met at She's probably one of the best wads.
Speaker 2: I'd be putting that one in the then acknowledging that you've stuffed up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tend to go with the other option, which is, I hope you had a great day, mate, Oh today on I could nod to yesterday. I hope yesterday it was a crack, but you knew it was a good day.
Speaker 5: And I don't think people really care. I'd be like, oh, thanks. Now. One of my girlfriends invited another girlfriend over for lunch, not realizing it was her birthday. And our girlfriend came over and they sat there and it was my friend like winging about her life about a day, about a kid's whole thing.
Speaker 1: Then was like, anyway, great to see you.
Speaker 5: She left and she didn't realize the girl she'd had over it was her birthday and she totally brushed the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not ideal, is it.
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: You sometimes you just don't know what about that?
Speaker 1: And who's going to walk in and be like, it's my birthday?
Speaker 6: What about this?
Speaker 4: What about if I sent a message going, hey, mate, I hope yesterday was a cracker.
Speaker 6: Didn't hear from you? How was the cake?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: What do you mean didn't hear from me?
Speaker 4: And then if he goes what cake, I'd be like, bloody ordered the cake? It didn't rock up? Let me chase it.
Speaker 2: No, listen to the radio.
Speaker 1: That's called gaslighting. Don't do that, right, that's very bad friendship?
Speaker 6: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay to make them feel like it was there for right?
Speaker 6: Okay, No, I'd blame it on the cake shop.
Speaker 1: No, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Just how does he does he listen to the radio every now and then?
Speaker 6: Hey guys coming up next?
Speaker 2: Loss?
Speaker 6: Now you are a good friend. She did something on the.
Speaker 2: Weekend, depends that you ask.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 4: What she did I would say is a good friend. However, it will divide people.
Speaker 1: I think I'm paranoid.
Speaker 2: So am I the moral compass here? Yes? Okay, and that's a problem.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you what she did and it involves an incriminating photo. We'll go there next.
Speaker 6: On Novar, my wife and till my sons just came back from sid Ony.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: So on the weekend, Jace had the house just a bachelor pad with him and Archie, his youngest son, who's too. He's been two for about he's nearly.
Speaker 2: Three in January. Does he take much work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's non stop, but right when he got but when it's just one like I was happy spending my day building trains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ok.
Speaker 6: And we were sitting in the pool.
Speaker 5: So on Friday, hot day, Jase probably live in the dream, I'm thinking. So I sent him a text saying, hey, brother, how was life without the fam?
Speaker 1: Just checking in making sure you're okay?
Speaker 6: And I replied with this photo.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, explain the photos a woman.
Speaker 2: There's a woman in your house.
Speaker 1: It's a photo.
Speaker 2: Explain the fat, well you're okay? Visual is Jace's selfie mode? I think it's a bottle of moet.
Speaker 1: I think it's piper, well, friend, no, it's pipe.
Speaker 2: Necking it. In the background is a woman with a flute of champagne sitting at the counter. The bird.
Speaker 5: So I get this back right, and I'm like, are you stupping her way? So your first instinct was not Jase's having good time sculling from the champagne. Who's the bird in the background. So I look at it and I go oh. So I show Paul my moral compass, Paul O'Brien, and he goes, who's the larry in the background.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yeah, exactly, We're kind't think anything of it.
Speaker 1: She looks she looks like she's in her early twenty's away, your wife's away.
Speaker 2: And there's a woman in your house drinking champagne with you. I'm sorry, there's only one conclusion I'm drawing there. That is why you so stupid that you're sending selfies of the woman you're having an affair with.
Speaker 1: Well, he's sculling from the bottle.
Speaker 5: So I just reply, Oh, drinking straight from the bottle, that's my boy.
Speaker 1: It was just Friday. I just ignored it.
Speaker 6: It was the most random reply I've ever received. And I'm like, that's not like Lauren.
Speaker 4: And she didn't even comment on the girl who she knows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't recognize it. I didn't realize I knew her. So I well, first of all, I was like, well, I'm not replying who's the Larry in the background or who's the girl in the background.
Speaker 1: I was like, lose away with the kids.
Speaker 5: What if I write back back and the message goes to an iPad that the kids have and there's no context, and then I've put him in it.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I just am going to ignore it. She also looks very young.
Speaker 5: She looks twenty and you're forty three, So I was like, then I thought, Then I thought, maybe he's got a babysitter over and so he's gonna leave art to you with a babysitter and go with the boys. So I'm not going to reply that either in case that gets him into trouble if his wife also, I think.
Speaker 6: I should be drinking sham a babysitter.
Speaker 5: The twenty year old babysit is also drinking champagne. So I was like, I got I just ignored it.
Speaker 2: I've got one more observation, are you eating chads?
Speaker 6: They're amazing.
Speaker 1: He's eating a bo it's very it's screaming bachelor pad, half eaten box of chads, the champagne from the bottle. All right, Clint, what would you have done if you got that text?
Speaker 2: He probably would have come around, would you have you know I would have let it festa?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. So I did just ignored it. I was like, I don't want to know about this.
Speaker 2: I don't want Can I explain no?
Speaker 4: The reason I sent the photo is because a Lauren knows the girl. She just didn't recognize her in the photo. That's actually a mum of two who goes to the school.
Speaker 6: Kerrie. All right, we're all really good friends.
Speaker 4: And I got a text some mirror on Friday saying, what are you doing to Totter's Hell this afternoon? I've booked the worst afternoon in the world to get the house exterminated?
Speaker 2: A loss?
Speaker 6: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: You can see the ring on her finger, and I.
Speaker 1: Said, zooming that much. I was like, I don't want to know. I don't want to know. I didn't se it, I didn't see it. Did happened? Didn't it?
Speaker 4: Bring the kids around? Chuck them in the pool? So her kids there, my kids there. I've told Lou my wife on the phone, Kirie's bringing the kids around for a swim, so my wife is aware of it. So I've just sent this photo to Lauren, thinking it's all a bit of fun. Me and while Lauren is pacing up and down the hallway at her place, thinking I'm having a full blown affair.
Speaker 5: Panic stations and now you've now you put me in it. So I just thought I'm just going to pretend I never saw it.
Speaker 4: It's the worse being the person put in it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be I don't want to know. So anyway, it's Kirie.
Speaker 2: Are you having an affair? An affair? Why not.
Speaker 1: Clint stunnaway? Mind you manage? You're going to die alone because of relations enough.
Speaker 6: I don't need it.
Speaker 2: I don't need it. I need to.
Speaker 1: No, you can't. You couldn't keep up with two.
Speaker 6: I barely keeping up with one.
Speaker 4: Thirteen.
Speaker 1: It really made me very uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Your message was so weird. I was like, thirteen twenty four to ten is our number? Did you think someone was having an affair but got it wrong? Like you saw them out somewhere with I don't know a girl and then you found out, oh that's their step daughder or whatever you know what I mean, or a work mate.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the only time that's ever happened to me. Most of the times I've thought someone was having an affair, they were.
Speaker 2: Having an affair.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number to join us on the air.
Speaker 4: In return, Hey, I've got two hundred dollars out just to Strand Bag shop the Strand Black Friday sale up to fifty percent of travel, leather, handbags and more. You could shop in store and online at strandbags dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Come for a new suitcase?
Speaker 4: So thirteen twenty fourteen er chicked out at home? Have you thought you caught someone having an affair? And man, you got it wrong unless you keys jay Zy Empire state of Mind sticking with the New York theme, are still to come today? Your chance to see Taite I love this song me.
Speaker 6: Too, Tyler Swift.
Speaker 4: The closing night of the Eras tour in Vancouver, Canada, the Prime Minister was there going off last night. Dances better than Trump jt Your chance to get on the stand by.
Speaker 1: Our Prime Minister.
Speaker 4: No, not Canadian dance. He loves a rock concert that he does all the time. Sydney loves loves a band, likes merch. Know that was just center Ard and wasn't.
Speaker 2: No, no Albert. He's got lots of band T shirts. Loves a band T shirt. Hey, all right, Taylor Swift coming up before nine. At the moment we are talking, have you thought you caught someone having an affair?
Speaker 1: But let's go to Jay, good morning, Good morning? Who was it? It was my husband, Actually, he thought he was having a sling.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I was doing it. I was doing our washing and I came across a woman's T shirt that did not belong to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so I know that feeling.
Speaker 5: Well, no, not that exact feeling, but when your gut tells you something and you're like, your blood turns cold and you go, what do I do?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 17: In that moment, I just took it to him and said, brook straight into there.
Speaker 7: I said, Who's is this?
Speaker 17: And he looked at me and he went, I don't know, I don't know, and he had no idea. He couldn't explain it, and I'm thinking he's lying.
Speaker 7: Whose is this?
Speaker 17: Turns out it was his sister's T shirt. She looked after our kids the week before and they got mixed up in our washing.
Speaker 1: And how how profusely did you have to apologize?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 17: I just kind of didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: You've just yelled at him.
Speaker 2: What do you need to know?
Speaker 5: If it was the other way around.
Speaker 17: I didn't yell. I just went quiet.
Speaker 6: Should just walk out wearing it?
Speaker 1: I would be so weird. I fold that T shirt up and probably sit on it for a week and be like, how am I? How do I deal with this? And then I just poked the bear and asked we.
Speaker 2: Wrong'd be like an interrogator, full inspector.
Speaker 4: And then you know what, investigator Paul had come home and should have the house lit up like the Loom project. You know photos everywhere.
Speaker 12: If you.
Speaker 4: Shops here, who is this Larry? And all the doors would be locked so we can't leave.
Speaker 2: You'd be you'd.
Speaker 5: Go full No, I don't think I would. I think well, I would sit on it for a.
Speaker 6: Long time though, I know, but you would destroy.
Speaker 1: I'd really find the right way to broach it, and I'd be absolutely certain by the time I bought it up.
Speaker 6: But then you destroy.
Speaker 2: Hey, how's about Heather's story? Heather good morning.
Speaker 9: OHI there, how are you going?
Speaker 6: We are good?
Speaker 2: What happened to you?
Speaker 9: Oh it's a long long time ago. I was about twenty, my father was about forty five.
Speaker 5: Forty six.
Speaker 9: Mom went away to Perth to visit some family, and Dad and I decided we'd dress up and go out for dinner. I love that, so do a lovely restaurant. Candle had a pottle of wine. A group another couple of cup came in, about just a bit younger than Dad. Sat down. Dad caught their eye. They looked away on a wave.
Speaker 8: They looked away.
Speaker 9: They started mustering a bit themselves. Anyway, they ignored us, and Dad got a bit perturbed about this.
Speaker 7: Anyhow.
Speaker 9: I then said to him, what's the story? Daddy said, all their parents from some kids by teats at school.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 9: Oh And I said you know what, Dad, but they think that you're having an affair with me.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 9: Sat there and had a bit of a laugh. And then on the way out we stopped at the table and Dad said, oh, great to see you. I'd love to introduce you to my daughter.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I would red faces there.
Speaker 6: I would even be like during the meal, hey, daughter, how is your state.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't I tease him for a bit longer.
Speaker 4: Should we bring your mother and tell her that we're out for dinner?
Speaker 6: Just compensating?
Speaker 1: Adal, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, here you go and say I love you on over visits at other stations.
Speaker 1: Thank you than we love it?
Speaker 6: We love it hit too. What's the story?
Speaker 8: So a little while back, I went out when identical twin and yeah, so my sister's best friend was out at a club one time and she's dancing away and all of a sudden she glances across the dance floor and she sees this guy, well her blood ball. She's like a bit an older sister to me as.
Speaker 1: Well, what was he macking on with someone?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, So she's run across the dance floor, grabbed him, fame around, gave his biggest friend in the dance floor and he's you know, he didn't know what to do, but he recognized her from different things at our.
Speaker 1: Baby and is.
Speaker 8: He goes, oh, look, I think you've got the wrong page.
Speaker 7: She says, no, no, no, what do you mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you do this to Adele? He says, I think you've got me confused. My twin brother, Grant I'm Greg Grant.
Speaker 5: Identical twams must get into travel all the time. But also that's something I would do. I'd be so protective of my friend. And then what do you do? Just like okay, as you will have a great night back.
Speaker 4: Dog white people cheat on a partner with their identical twins, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't think a lot of people are doing that.
Speaker 6: Who they would be?
Speaker 2: Hey, Adele?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get them mixed up?
Speaker 8: Almost early days?
Speaker 6: And what was what was the setting? Adele?
Speaker 8: Sort of in their family kitchen went up and sort of went for a color my.
Speaker 1: Hand it's Gregg, not brown, Adele, Yeah, it.
Speaker 9: Was okay, It's okay.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: At least you just grabbed his thumb.
Speaker 6: It is just a minute past eight.
Speaker 4: She'll check you around the work latest in years and then let's offloads some money here at number one hundred.
Speaker 6: Well, good morning Melbourne on a crappy looking Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit ordinary out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's nothing good on the horizon. Next few day is going to be wet and overcast. Not great news.
Speaker 5: This is like classic Melbourne, though, isn't it. It's not cold I'm happy with that.
Speaker 4: The kids love this at school, do they you know why there's no heads down thumbs up games?
Speaker 6: They roll out the tablets.
Speaker 1: Oh, the iPad, the iPads. I remember those days where they'd roll in the TC player and roll it in the player in the whole school.
Speaker 6: We're on here.
Speaker 2: You're right about Melbourne because this happens a lot. Melbourne's like, you can have your little taste of sour, but then we're going to take it straight back and give you a bit more crap.
Speaker 5: Weather and chaos at the airport, I believe this morning. So if you're making your way out to Toulamaroon, take it easy.
Speaker 1: Check on the flight status.
Speaker 6: Let's get out of Mitcham and try it off. Light some money this.
Speaker 2: Morning, Diana, Good morning, all they die.
Speaker 1: We got Diana. There should be there, Diana. You're you're a mum of twin babies and you've also got a four year old. You are bus z. Absolutely what have we got boys or girls?
Speaker 9: I've got two boys and a girl.
Speaker 2: All right, die.
Speaker 4: You want to roll the dice and go for five hundred this morning? I've been told yes, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars all right, you're going to hear a question.
Speaker 5: You'll hear a three two one countdown. You have to answer it in that time and.
Speaker 1: The cash is yours if you are correct, Diana, good luck?
Speaker 4: You ready to go go easy on me?
Speaker 6: All right? Die for five one hundred dollars clink, got this straight away?
Speaker 1: Can you need this one?
Speaker 2: Here we go? In which city was Anne Frank's hiding place?
Speaker 6: Three two one guess?
Speaker 1: No? It was Amsterdam?
Speaker 2: And yes, in the Netherlands and Frank House.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been there. Yeah, it's it's a pretty powerful place to visit.
Speaker 6: Can you said you fell on the stools? Well checking it out?
Speaker 2: Yes, the stairs are very hard to climb. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you go to one of those little cafes before you took on the stairs?
Speaker 2: I went for a coffee before, a little brownie, half a brownie right stairs.
Speaker 6: We'll get you, hey, Unfortunately, no money twisted. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: You know what, You're not going to go away empty handed. How about I hook you up with tickets to Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland so you can take the family.
Speaker 8: Oh, that'd be fantastic, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: It's a ripping day out.
Speaker 4: Christmas comes alive at Corefield Racecourse from November twenty nine.
Speaker 6: You can book now a ticket.
Speaker 5: Master now coming up next week. Thought we had a great idea yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've got second thoughts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's a service we launched on Nova yesterday. However, something similar was launched on Nova many years ago in Sydney and it shut down the city and everyone turned on them.
Speaker 6: We'll explain what we're talking about on the other side of this.
Speaker 4: In fact, we'll be joined by one of the original Nova hosts who had the idea and the culprits. Yes plus still to come this hour your chance to win you wait to Taylor Swift's closing night of the Eras Tour. We'll give you a chance to get on the standby list before eight thirty this morning. Good morning everyone, I'm just gone seventeen past eight. You're on the air here on Nova. We're doing a thanks to wad Iffitzozi for travel. You've got Jason Lauren Clints here too. I'll tell you what it is a movie weather and there is something that is hitting the cinemas which I think is a must watch doco. Elena Dokitch is going to join us after eight thirty this morning, pretty heavy with some shocks to her story.
Speaker 5: She's a great girl, though, and she has come a very long way, so I'm looking forward to catching up with her christ and I've worked with her for a long time.
Speaker 6: Just after eight thirty.
Speaker 4: But guys, I want to talk about a service we launched yesterday here at Nova helping the community, our way of giving back after both Clint and I have run out of fuel.
Speaker 1: You both run out of fuel in the same week.
Speaker 4: At least I ran out of fuel at the servo. You ran out in the middle of Glossberry Road.
Speaker 2: I was on the crawl to the servoy.
Speaker 1: You were sort of passing away close to the servo. Did you You made it inside?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I made it to the servo, pulled up with the pump just as it gave way, and then I was like, oh my god, hopefully the pumps diesel.
Speaker 2: I need a Jerry Can.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, now you would have someone to ring.
Speaker 11: If you've been an ass and you've run.
Speaker 2: Out of gas.
Speaker 12: Jason Lawrence Roadside Assistance.
Speaker 2: If it's between six and nine, we'll get to you on time.
Speaker 12: Jason Lawrence Roadside Assistance.
Speaker 5: So we thought this could be our community service. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. If you have run out of.
Speaker 1: Petrol, we will deliver you a Jerry can exactly six and nine.
Speaker 6: You don't run out on purpose or anything.
Speaker 4: Bad luck dueling an emergency response situation.
Speaker 2: Don't your luck.
Speaker 1: Could get worse when we turn up and try and help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 6: Don't ring for keys locked in the car or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, we don't know how to fix that.
Speaker 6: Exactly. If you run out of a feld, We've got your back. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we thought that was a good idea until it was brought to our attention. Nova has formed with this and it's caused macho problemo in the past.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Nova Sydney where they launched over. Actually two thousand and nine, Meerican Rosso took over the airwaves here on Nova, and in fact they had sain an idea relating to fuel as well, didn't they, Clint.
Speaker 2: Let's get the latest from the Nova newsroom right now. Okay, American Rosso worn by cops as the headline breakfast show buffoons. Merrick Watts and Tim Ross have been worn by police and the Roads and Traffic Authority for giving prizes to murderers who deliberately disrupt peak hour traffic by running out of fuel. The stunt by the struggling FM comedians, who have recently been joined by former soapstar k Richie, was inspired by model Lara Bingle's recent mishap in running out of fuel by mistake.
Speaker 4: One of those struggling comedians joined us now, Merrick Watts, good morning.
Speaker 7: Look, it was a good idea at the time.
Speaker 1: Merrick, you are a breakfast buffo.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love that too, what a great term. I haven't had that one for a while. And struggling I like that as well. I mean, there's nothing like being paid in million dollars a year and being called a struggle during US. There's no doubts writing for Forbes magazine as we speak, so good on them.
Speaker 5: For those who didn't know what happened, you decided to ask your audience to run out of fuel and then they would win fuel for a year.
Speaker 7: But what happened, Yeah, Look, it's a bit vague, to be honest, I can't really remember.
Speaker 12: All.
Speaker 7: We had a station big which was the Dad's in one ad B as well, and that was constantly breaking down and running out of fuel as well. But yeah, we did encourage people to run out of fuel and then we would come to save them or something like that'll give them cash, something something, something. I don't know, to be honest, it was Adam Willscroft was a program direct this idea and we.
Speaker 2: Went along with it.
Speaker 7: We went but that if people run out because I named him, if people run out of fuel, wonn't that annoy other people? And he's like no, no, no, they'll see the humor. And we're going do you reckon and he's like, yeah, no, I've fish humor. You know what they didn't see in it? Humor because a breakdown on the Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the problem at seven am on a Tuesday.
Speaker 6: That's kind of on the middle of the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 4: And I believe you had a listener breakdown on the Lane Cove Tunnel as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Oh man, I had a nervous breakdown in the on air check after the meeting after the show because because it's got involved and causing a disruption stuff, We're going it's just a radio competition. It's not even a good one. And they were like no, no, no, no, all the a radio competitions are brilliant. We went, okay, right, fair play, we'll take that, but it's not something we should be doing all the time. And like, no, we don't think you should ever be doing that again. So my advice is be very very careful. Obviously number one number one jas Lawrence, send Clint. He's your human shield.
Speaker 5: So we thought it was a good idea to help people need What if we don't encourage them to break down, but if they need us, we'll be there.
Speaker 7: They go in to the Lauren, what's going to happen? It's people a going to break downcause they're ont fuel because feels so expecsive. That's like saying, give us a calls you run out of crypto.
Speaker 1: But we're only giving them a jerry Can to get to this service station. Just a splash.
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Do you want to know? My low point radio when it comes to promotions. Once I was doing breakfast in Brisbane and we'll give you away tickets to Gwen Stefani. So we did Kiss a Karnie for Gwen Stefani and people had to come in and people had to come in and pass a ride operator from the Echo and if they did that their kids want tickets to the Echoi.
Speaker 7: That is literally the best idio I've heard for a promotion. If buy TI career, do that now, give up on the petrol, get a cannie really has two cigarettes going at the same time, and make an attractive influencer kiss them for money. I think that is the best in the world.
Speaker 1: Radio in the old days was you could get away with a lot more cool.
Speaker 2: We'll take to help.
Speaker 1: We're just here to help. We're not encouraging anyone to do the service.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Look I think as I said, you know, put it all on make sure that he's the human shield with this one. If it gets if it blows up in your face, make it all on him.
Speaker 1: Okay, smart, good advice. Thanks Mark, Who was your who was your human shield?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: And Rousso.
Speaker 4: It's always always one goodness speak memorybody, take care.
Speaker 6: They were bloody great and over.
Speaker 1: I love those.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and one to two thousand and nine, they killed it and launched the station.
Speaker 2: So that was splashed all over the media. When I say all and it was it was? Was it the leads chopper up?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't pay for that. Publicy loved it. I'm not saying we're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's a service.
Speaker 1: There's no social media. That was the way and.
Speaker 6: Now next time Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 1: Tours no no no.
Speaker 4: Seeing her perform that at the MCG was incredible, insane.
Speaker 1: That is a great song. Taylor Swift the man.
Speaker 6: This is over one hundred.
Speaker 4: We are sending people here in Melbourne to Canada for the closing night of the eras to hour.
Speaker 5: Let's do it. Let's put some people on the list. Let's go to Bendy Go Grace. Good morning, Grace, you're on the stand list. Oh my god, do you think you can take if you won the trip?
Speaker 8: Honestly, I said, I'm just that I would take as.
Speaker 9: Swift has been trying to call us thousand times a day, like.
Speaker 1: Oh you just go the strain, Oh I got a friend date love that? How good? Grace, So you've been trying to call thousands of times a day, Oh my god, you've made it through.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we see you're on the Friday.
Speaker 6: Grace would be a lot, She would be a lot fun. Great to be a what wow, thirteen twenty four ten is our number?
Speaker 4: Another valiant, Please we want to send you to Canada.
Speaker 6: Who are we going to next?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Jasline? No Jazz, hi jazz. How old are you?
Speaker 17: I'm keen years old.
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: And how much do you love Taylor Swift? I love her lot?
Speaker 1: He so great, she does sing so much great songs. What's your favorite great song that she sings?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love that? Wow?
Speaker 6: Good song?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Good luck Jasline. We could be seeing you on Friday. Would you go all the way to Canada to see her?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes I would.
Speaker 6: If it was a no.
Speaker 4: Let's go to a forty eight year old swifty from me Spentley, Jim, you're on the list.
Speaker 1: You're swifty, Jim.
Speaker 7: I'm a die hard forty eight year old male fifty fans.
Speaker 1: If my daughter and I win, we will wear a handmade rainbow outfit on the plane. Oh outfit? There you go, Jim. Did you get to see her when she was in Melbourne?
Speaker 11: We did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 5: Your daughter, Laura, did she just love it? Who loved it more?
Speaker 6: She?
Speaker 7: Well, she went to two nights, one with a friend and one with matey.
Speaker 2: But I think we loved her just as much I loved Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good on your gym.
Speaker 5: Well, I look forward to seeing you in your rainbow costume on the plane if you went on Friday.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Friendship bracelets going down in Canada as well. Actually I think they it's in Canada. They've hung a giant one over the stadium.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: When I was in Vancouver a few months ago, I was over there for work and everywhere we went, people in Canada were like, this is whatever the stadium is called.
Speaker 1: They like, this is where Taylor Swift's coming to play.
Speaker 5: Like they've been counting down for months over there for these final shows.
Speaker 6: Like I was mentioned yesterday, the videos of her arriving the Queen is here.
Speaker 2: Yes, people were shut down in Tyroad, run.
Speaker 6: Full police escort. They did the same in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: She's the most famous person in the world.
Speaker 6: Same in Melbourne, got a police escort to the stadium.
Speaker 2: She'd have to Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 1: Good on your tape.
Speaker 4: What I love is Taylor gets one, but Elbow doesn't.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swifts.
Speaker 2: She's on the tram.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you train for Bendy go yeah, yep, all right, Well, good luck.
Speaker 1: To everyone who is on that stand by. This Friday is the day.
Speaker 5: We've got two more days, more days for you to get on that list good luck, keep calling.
Speaker 4: The only way to get to Canada has been listening to nover Wow. Good morning everybody, and welcome you Tuesday. Just go on eighteen to nine and take it easy if you're heading to the airport.
Speaker 1: Going to the airport at the best of times.
Speaker 5: So there are many delays and cancelations today just with this very foggy, gloomy weather that we have outside. Also, please be careful if you're on the roads this morning. It's a bit wet and wild out there.
Speaker 4: Go and hang in T one. They've done the third court.
Speaker 2: T one is the Quantus Terminal. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I believe they've done a really nice job of it as well. Beautiful cafes.
Speaker 1: Melbourne Airport is actually excellent airport.
Speaker 2: Boogie HJS now boozy h Bogie bogie.
Speaker 1: H hungry jack h H. What's that?
Speaker 6: It's the boogie version of hungry?
Speaker 5: Is it actually called h JS HJ? Is it an elevated dining experience? What's different about it?
Speaker 6: Cut some letters out, Bogie.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're joking on photo for HJ.
Speaker 6: Were to joke about something like this, I'm going I'm not buying. We must go.
Speaker 2: We must go.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, a bit of a little ears warning for something we're in to chat about. Coming up next. Elena Dokicch has a brand new documentary which is in cinemas now, and if you are aware of her story.
Speaker 1: It's pretty harrowing and it is.
Speaker 5: It is a story about resilience, about a very brave young girl who has been through a lot.
Speaker 1: But it is it's very confronting.
Speaker 2: She wasn't always comfortable in her skin, but I'm pleased to say she is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's just an amazing, really.
Speaker 4: Beautiful and she is going to join us on the other side of this.
Speaker 5: It will be a very honest conversation, so just be warned that it could get a little heavy.
Speaker 4: It's happening next on Nover the docco Unbreakable is out. It's the Jolena Docketge story. Here's a snake Peke.
Speaker 6: She monitored by her father. Jolena works hard.
Speaker 4: You protect her, of course, please cut from fairly early times there were rumors about what was happening.
Speaker 11: Everything they do is good for Yolanda. Some other players had noticed bruising.
Speaker 6: The questions were asked that they hit a prick Laud.
Speaker 1: Do you support you can hurt.
Speaker 3: One day, she was extremely angry.
Speaker 2: I knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 6: It was just terrible.
Speaker 3: It was not an inch of skin that wasn't brus.
Speaker 6: It is in cinemas now, Elena joins us this monic good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Is it hard hearing his voice and watching the footage back when putting this together.
Speaker 3: I've dealt with a lot of that kind of over the last ten years. But I think actually this documentary surprised me a little bit because I only watched it actually a couple of times. I didn't want to watch it in kind of sections and grabs and different interviews. There is some tough parts in it, There's no doubt about that. And yeah, I actually obviously remember a lot of it, remember a lot of the footage, but there is stuff that I even hadn't seen and that really shocked me and surprised me. And that's what probably makes these documentary so powerful, is that even if you were around at the time, the footage and the archive footage will probably shock.
Speaker 2: You the most. Lana, congratulations, two books and a now documentary later. Tell me if I'm digging too deep here, But do you when was the last time you spoke to your family, including your dad.
Speaker 3: Ten years ago to my father, No, you're not digging too deep. I think that that's the whole point of it. I'm very open and honest.
Speaker 6: What was that conversation?
Speaker 2: Like, h nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't think we even really fought that very last time. It was the fact that you realized that and this might sound extreme, but it is for people that either grow up with out parents or parents that are not supportive. Is the fact that you realize someone just doesn't have your back and that your parents actually.
Speaker 2: Say that was a line in the sand. Top It was I had to draw.
Speaker 3: A line in the sand for myself, going look, first of all, this person's very toxic. If I continue to have this person in my life over the next ten or twenty years, it's not going to do me any favors.
Speaker 2: And other family. I mean, are you strange from your family?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I have a great relationship with my brother.
Speaker 2: That's really yeah. Does that sort of has he helped?
Speaker 3: Yes, because he's eight years younger and kind of we always kind of say things would have been different if I was eight.
Speaker 1: Years younger and he had a big brother watching.
Speaker 5: That must be hard for him though, right, because there would have been so much going on that he might have known some bits about.
Speaker 1: But he was a child. You were a child, Yeah, well a lot of the things.
Speaker 3: I was already going through a lot of abuse when he wasn't even born yet, yeacause there's an eight year difference. But he actually found it even very difficult to read the book and what I went through. You see this documentary and you go was there no concern and calling out bad behavior? And that was not even one percent of what was going on at home. But I come from a place of going, Okay, here we are twenty years later, are we better?
Speaker 6: Would we do better?
Speaker 3: And my answers, I definitely think we would, even though I think we have a lot of work to do. So the key messaging from me that I wanted with my books and this documentary is not to go hard at anyone is actually the opposite. I wanted to come from a place of kindness and understanding, because.
Speaker 6: Then you win.
Speaker 2: Jlana is one of the kindest people I know, and she you are loved.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Do you feel comfortable in your skill? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do, very happy, And I also, yeah, I wanted people to get to know me. For me, I don't think they ever did. Really, when you think about it, I think people had a wrong perception of me.
Speaker 1: Of course, because and people looked and was like, she's a bit braddy. Yeah, she's a brady little sixteen year old tennis player who was Australia wants her to represent US yep. But God, no one knew what was happening.
Speaker 3: Look, I was called everything, arrogant and all of this. And I think that now I get a lot of people, and I work at Channel nine and with all different companies and everywhere, it does come around that I'm really nice to work with and that I'm a nice person.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I thought I kind of always was, but clearly if people thought differently, which I knew. And this is one of the big things with my documentary, this is what I actually really wanted in there. You never know what anyone's going through. I think the moment in two thousand and one, which we show clearly when I had to switch from playing from Australia to Yugoslavia within twenty four hours of walking on rod Labor Arena to play Linda Davenport, I was literally between two fires. My father here, if I didn't go and say it in a media conference that was called on suddenly when I came back to the hotel room, who knows, probably wouldn't have survived that beating or here I had the media, sponsors, public who were going to hammer me like they did, So what do you do?
Speaker 6: So of course I did that.
Speaker 3: Twenty four hours later you walk out and you were Rod Labrina. Fifteen thousand people bowing you, everyone writing that you're a trader and you're a seventeen year old who loves Australia so much. I loved representing this country. I come from a different culture. I was born in a different country, but I came here when I was eleven. I absolutely loved Australia. Sword makes me emotional. Nothing else does. And I've said even recently, people find it shocking. I would take one hundred years of abuse for him not to have taken that moment from me, with my people, with Australia. I came back a few years later. Yes I was accepted, but it was never the same until my book came out and until.
Speaker 2: Now, and people understand.
Speaker 3: Now people understand and see. So it's also a really good lesson on kindness. You never know what's going on, especially with children behind the closed doors with their with their parents.
Speaker 1: So when you say you didn't think that you would.
Speaker 4: Survive itiant the way you said that.
Speaker 5: I just and I think you've told your story so many times that you can say that in a sentence, right, But that just made my blood turn cold listen to listening to you say that there were times when you really thought you weren't going to survive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to leave at nineteen because I didn't know if the next beating I was going to survive. There was one at seventeen where I was knocked out cold. I was skicked and punched in the head so hard that it left me unconscious, which we cover in the documentary. So I knew he was getting more violent. And that's what we go through as kind of people in the midst of partner violence, the child abuse, And that's what people need to know, just how hard it is.
Speaker 2: Imagine that reaction.
Speaker 1: Prison. No, he's not.
Speaker 6: No, should he be.
Speaker 12: O.
Speaker 3: It's a tough one to ard.
Speaker 2: So maybe at the time he should have been.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think also we covered this again in the documentary. He should have been banned off the tour he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He should have been more than banned, but.
Speaker 6: He wasn't for four years. Yeah, that's that's that's why I've got angry watching him.
Speaker 3: He started. These incidents started when I was fourteen fifteen. Publicly, he wasn't banned until I was, you know, eighteen nineteen. And for me, I'm very kind of My mind is very black and white. You do something like this, you're bad. He would have actually helped me, Yeah, because I would have continued to play on a tour.
Speaker 2: He would not have been there.
Speaker 4: This doco will save lives. It is unbreakable. It is in cinemas.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: How long has it been since you picked up the old tennis recket? Oh it's been a little bit, you reckon. I could take her.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you couldn't. You couldn't return it. You couldn't return.
Speaker 6: It is not even a split segnd from Lauren.
Speaker 1: Just like no, ridiculous question, Sarah, I can as well, what's.
Speaker 6: What speed are we talking? Would you be hitting the ball first serve?
Speaker 3: Still one seventy same?
Speaker 7: We can give it.
Speaker 3: I can't that day and put it on social media.
Speaker 1: So you just hit it at him, But he's not going to turn it.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, if you're on rod Labor Arena right now, you get a standing ovation.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent you would and rightfully so who would went out of us too?
Speaker 6: Will never know. But the documentary is unbreakable. It's incini is now. Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: We are on the air thanks to what he fit is Assie trouble.
Speaker 1: Have a balloomy day out there.
Speaker 2: You travel today, you're going to travel.
Speaker 6: I'll be getting out of here today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but also have a look at the flights if you are on the way to the airport. Apparently a lot of being counseled in a lot of delays thanks to this fog.
Speaker 6: What do you reckon? The chances are getting a I'm in law and over Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you might still find something angle.
Speaker 6: See leaving it.
Speaker 2: Hit the website, brother, hit the website.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, that is it. We are about to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Big day tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I think we're gonna We're gonna feel the fields tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're gonna.
Speaker 5: Yes, tomorrow's reconnect for Christmas Day, Melbourne. If there's someone you've been missing, Tomorrow is the day to reach out and say Hello, I'm going to do that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It everyone's talking about Black Friday sales right, and ta'ting me wrong. It's great discounts, online shopping, all that sort of thing. A lot of people do that thinking, you know, hey, buy items, it's going to make you happy. Tomorrow is about doing something that's not going to cost you a cent, and my god, it's going to have some meaning behind it.
Speaker 1: For Chris totally, I'm going to reach out to a friend who I haven't spoken to in a very long time, and I actually feel I feel really nervous about it.
Speaker 2: That means but I'm able.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know if she texts me and said, hey, Laus, just wanted to let you know, I just want to say high and let you know. I've been thinking, it would mean so much to me to know that we haven't lost that that friendship. Just we haven't seen each other doesn't mean that all that fun we have together never happened.
Speaker 4: And God knows these people from our past know so much we should definitely keep them on our good side. So tomorrow, join us for reconnect for Christmas Day. Thank you for being.
Speaker 2: It is Christmas getting closer, It's Christmas Tree, It's Christmas Tree Week, Christmas Tree Week, it's Christmas Tree Week.
Speaker 7: It's love.
Speaker 2: Actually we make that big decision. Do you go real? Do you go fake?
Speaker 6: We're getting a new tree this year and very excited. No, I'm going to go fake, but I'm going to go with the inbuilt lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 5: Lights are really annoying to put on evenly, and then you turn them on and you're like, oh no, look.
Speaker 2: Riddle me this even put the lights on.
Speaker 5: First, lights first, because because you tuck them right in, Okay.
Speaker 4: Tuk them and you've got to go around and and don't have it like our hairline, Clint. You don't want to bore a patch of lights at the back.
Speaker 1: All the way around.
Speaker 6: You want I'm going to don want to do across exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't have enough lights.
Speaker 2: Apparently tinsels back in the channel just up at doctor Heads is head to toe in tinsel.
Speaker 5: Looks a bit po of the photo you sent me. Do you think office decorations are often quite pov? Although Vivi, who works it out.
Speaker 6: I told you what she did, didn't I.
Speaker 4: So we've got a Christmas tree in Then over reception as I was walking out, she goes, you're gonna put on a bable, and then she's getting each staff member to put on a ball, so we've all done the tree together.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't do a bable.
Speaker 5: I actually Vivi added me on Instagram yesterday and I had a little look at her Instagram page, and there you are putting.
Speaker 1: Your bable on.
Speaker 6: Jason, do I make the grand.
Speaker 5: I didn't get asked. Let's go and pull that tree down. We'll shake it until they will fall off and start again.
Speaker 6: Was she under Vivian?
Speaker 1: Her name is Vicky, not Vivian.
Speaker 6: You don't know that I do?
Speaker 2: That? Is it?
Speaker 4: We have a great day of run melchor seeing as a neck Well Cin tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye, thank you. It's gonna be a good.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on Nomber one hundred. Jason Lauren bollygood on Socials