Speaker 1: On Scylands Australia. This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the reader Panehy show. Coming up tonight.
Speaker 3: The Albanezy government under renewed pressure to increase defense spending.
Speaker 2: Dan Wilde would be here to discuss the day's.
Speaker 3: Top headlines, including the ABC squandering more than a million dollars in taxpayer money on unnecessary legal fees.
Speaker 2: The Great Douglas Murray.
Speaker 3: Joins me shortly with a message for self loathing lefties in the West. M Horowitz will have the latest from the US, and later in the hour Kinsey Schofield will tell us why George Clooney was rubbing shoulders with King Charles and left is losing it features this charmer stopped.
Speaker 4: Come on my page and say that people should be in this contrivilibly.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. This is ridiculous, it's inhuman.
Speaker 3: But first, the Australian government is under intense pressure to increase defense spending after NATO leaders back Donald Trump's increase spending demands. Despite many NATO leaders agree to spend five percent of their respective GDPs on defense, the Albinezer government is refusing requests to lift our defense spending to three point five percent of GDP. Let's bring in Deputy executive director at the Institute of Public Affairs, Dan Wild. Dan is Australian danger of becoming an outlier here, We're becoming some sort of a recalcitrant ally that is not doing our bit for defense.
Speaker 5: Well that's right, rider, Yes we are in danger of becoming an outlier.
Speaker 6: We probably already are one.
Speaker 5: And look, the point here is that, yes, we need to increase our defense spending as a percentage of our GDP, and yes we need to make sure that that is being spent on more effective things. But we shouldn't just be doing it because the United States or Donald Trump has requested it of us.
Speaker 6: We need to do it for its own sake.
Speaker 5: We have been underspending and under investing in our defense capabilities for a long time now, and so we need to make sure that we're catching up.
Speaker 6: We also need to make.
Speaker 5: Sure that we are a reliable ally to the United States and our other Western partners, which we have not been.
Speaker 6: And I think a part.
Speaker 5: Of this reason REATA is because there is a very anti American sentiment that exists in sections of the Labor Party, and there is certainly an anti Donald Trump sentiment that exists. And look, Trump, whether you like him or not, he's not going to be president in three and a half years time. So you've got to get along with the president that's there at the moment, and too many within the Labor Party are not interested in doing that.
Speaker 3: Well, the way things are going in the US, we're likely to see a president JD. Van So they think things are kind of changing in America, they'll be sadly mistaken. Now, this was very interesting, I thought during Donald Trump's press conference in the early hours of this morning at NATO, where he noted that Spain was one of the countries that refused to abide by his increased spending demands and Donald Trump had a remedy for that. And I think the Albaneza government should pay very careful attention to these comments.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know a Spain.
Speaker 7: Are you satisfied with today?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: I think Spain's are terrible what they've done, No, I do. They're the only country that won't pay the full up they want to stay at two percent. I think it's terrible. And you know, they're doing very well. The economy is very well, and that economy could be blown right out of the water with something bad happening. Know, Spain is the only country that are you from Spain, good congratulations. You're the only country that is not paying. I don't know what the problem is. It's I think it's too bad. So we'll make it up. You know what we're going to do. We're negotiating with Spain on a trade deal. We're going to make them pay twice as much. And I'm actually serious about there.
Speaker 3: You go, well make it up. Is that what Australia can look for or what do I wonder? And we haven't yet negotiated a trade deal, a a deal on tariffs with the US. And I do wonder whether our reluctance to do anything about our defense spending is part of the reason Donald Trump is refusing to meet for the Anthony Now been easy.
Speaker 5: I think that's likely. And you know Trump has used and even said this. He said this repeatedly, that one of the purposes of tariffs is to get revenue, and the other purpose of tariffs is to use it as leverage and as a bargaining chip for other matters. He's been very explicit about that. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that that's exactly what he's doing, or what he said he's going to do in the case of Spain.
Speaker 6: So yes, we need to be aware of that.
Speaker 5: But like I said before, whether Trump was president, whether Kamala Harris or Joe Biden or anyone, we needed to increase our defense spending no matter what. And like I say, we need to spend it on more effective things like drones, for example, And I don't understand why we don't have that capability in our country. So, you know, whatever the US president that says, he'll say, but we need to do the right thing for our country, which means increasing our defense spending.
Speaker 3: Now let's hear from the Senator for Sea Patrol, as some have called her, her thoughts on the US president.
Speaker 2: Here is the Greens Sarah Hanson Young.
Speaker 10: I think the world is a much more unstable and insecure place with Donald Trump as US president.
Speaker 2: He is dangerous.
Speaker 1: And on one.
Speaker 10: Hand, you just say, oh, he's just a medium megalomaniac, it's just all about the attention. I think that's true, But I also think he's very dangerous and I think.
Speaker 2: His far right views, his.
Speaker 10: Erraticness, together with his obsession with attention makes the world a really unsafe place.
Speaker 2: Dan, what's your response to that.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the problem here is there's just a series of assertions without any substance. I mean, what are the far right views that Donald Trump holds? Is removing nuclear facilities from Iran? A far right view? Is securing your borders. A far right view is having an alternative economic system that brings manufacturing back to your country a far right view. What exactly are the far right views that Donald Trump is claim to hold and this idea that he's erratic and so forth. I mean, maybe he is, maybe he isn't, But I just think that it's a strategy that he uses to try to get the outcomes that he wants.
Speaker 6: So I think it is unhelpful.
Speaker 5: To have a senator to be making these claims on like a very personal level. I mean, you're entitled to have your views and to express them, but to be sort of having a personal attack on the United States president, I think doesn't help our country. And like I say, those comments, which is more entitled to make, but they don't have any substance, and they're sort of based upon really the vibe of it rather than pointing to any think concrete, Yes.
Speaker 3: Just intellectually vacuous. And the Greens are the government's coalition partners. They've got their balance of power in the Upper House. They are going to be working together undoubtedly throughout this term. So it's also reckless in many ways to be making comments like that, and she went on to question the alliance Australia has with the US. Now I want to move on to the ABC. A Federal court judge has found that journalist Antoinette Latoufe was unfairly sacked by the ABC midway through her five day radio contract. Latoufas claimed she was unlawfully dismissed by the ABC in December of twenty twenty three after she reshared an Instagram post about the war in Gaza which accused Israel of using starvation as a weapon of war.
Speaker 2: Daniel, It's worth.
Speaker 3: Noting here that the ABC sacked her, but it has protected and stood by more high profile reporters. And I think just as importantly, they spent one point one million dollars of our money defending this case when they could have settled it for eighty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Where is the accountability here?
Speaker 6: Well, exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean to me, this is a case of can't they both lose? And I think it's you know, the ABC is you know, you live by the sword and you die by the sword. You know, the ABC has a history of trying to silence those that don't share its worldview. It's clearly a double standard, as you've rightly pointed out that they've stood by other high profile hosts or so called journalists and reporters, but haven't done so in this case. And as you also say, well, it's not their money, it's it's our money. It's the tax pays money that has gone into this case. So you know, the ABC likes to hold itself up as being this sort of beacon of impartiality, of being above the fray, of you know, being an important sort of beacon of truth in our society. But you know, when it comes down to it, they are hypocritical and there is clearly a double standard that applies here. But you know, like I say, it's lived by the sword, die by the sword.
Speaker 3: Now staying in Victoria, Melbourne street sweeper sacked by Daribin City Council after objecting to acknowledgment of country announcements well here's one his unfair dismissal case. Shawn Turner told the meeting that if you need to be thanking anyone, it's the people who have worn the uniform and fought for our country to keep us free.
Speaker 2: Daniel.
Speaker 3: It's just absolutely appalling that he had to take legal action to protect his rights. I think this is just shameful behavior from Darbin Council.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was that absolute disgrace. And you know, this street sweeper is an absolute hero. I mean he is. What he has said is what the vast majority of mainstream Australians believe.
Speaker 6: I mean, this guy should.
Speaker 5: Be the leader of the liberal factly, you know, he's got a finger on the pulse on these issues. So you know, the idea that someone should be sacked for saying this show is not only how out of touch that particular council is, but you know it's this broader thing of the activist left will shout you down, they'll kick you out of your job, they'll take your money, they'll ruin your reputation if you don't sign up to their divisive social activism. So look, I hope that this is yet another example of how mainstream Australians have just had an absolute gutful of the overuse of welcome the country and acknowledgment of country ceremonies. And to be honest, I just think it's time to put the practice to bed and do something that can unify us as a society rather than doing what's you know, ultimately dividing us.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I do recall Professor Marshall Langton saying that if the voice was defeated, we would have no more of these welcome to countries.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 3: And on Marshall Langton, she has proclaimed her new art exhibition in Melbourne as anti colonial. Dan, will you be rushing to see this exhibition? It's called sixty five thousand Years A Short History of Australian Art.
Speaker 5: No, I think my invite got lost in the mail or something like that to go there. Look, I think the problem the problem reader is like Aboriginal art. There's nothing wrong at all with Aboriginal art and it's got a lot to contribute and I think a lot of people have an interest in it.
Speaker 6: The issue here is when you turn.
Speaker 5: It explicitly into political activism, which is what Marshall Langton is doing. But most people just get immediately turned off by it. I mean, if you're a regular person and then you see this, this is an anti colonial exhibition, well you're not going to rock up to it. What would you rock up to? Be brat and basically called a racist? Now, I think it's a shame because art should unite us. It should be something that can speak to enduring values and a shared experience of the human condition. And certainly our aboriginal art can do that, just as all art can when it's done in in its most excellent form. So again it's another example of how really a pathetic you know, a pathetic social activist is just trying to drive another wedge into our society.
Speaker 3: Dan wil thank you for your time tonight, joining me now is the best selling author of groundbreaking books, including The War on the West, The Strange Death of Europe, and his latest on democracies and death cults.
Speaker 2: Douglas Murray, welcome back.
Speaker 3: One of your best sellers is called The Strange Death of Europe, and we about to see the Strange.
Speaker 2: Death of New York.
Speaker 3: With a radical Socialists or On Mandani winning the city's democratic mayoral primary, it.
Speaker 1: Is quite extraordinary. Mandani was thought of such a rank outlier and such a fringe figure such as sort of student politician, as well as being a very very radical figure that people didn't really seem to think you could possibly get this far. Yet here he is winning the primary. This is somebody who has repeatedly shown himself to be a sort of sub AOC style radical leftist. He has terrible track record, in fact, he doesn't have much of a track work record and actually performing at anything, but he's got a horrible track record of statements. That was recently asked his views about one of the slogans about eradicating the Jewish state and just seemed not really to have anything much to say in condemning that. And New Yorkers are understandably getting worried. New York has taken a heck of a battering in recent years as radical left policies, including from the Biden eras border policies led to migrant waves into New York, that the COVID policies led to an incredible exodus from the city of wealthy people and others. You know, it's a question can New York really cope with a term under such a radical figure, or will New York just stop being New York effectively. I mean, as we've said many times, retail. You know, there's no law in nature that means that a country or a city just remains at the peak forever if it keeps on being battered by politicians who hated.
Speaker 3: And we've seen the decline in many Western cities are great cities, and it's sad to see, particularly a place like New York. But ma'am, Darnie does have plenty of high profile supporters, from supermodels to popular streamers.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from just a couple of them.
Speaker 11: Text to your friends and family, because we need everybody to come out and make sure you're drinking water.
Speaker 1: If this's a very.
Speaker 7: Hunted this election is going to be decided by young voters. The average New Yorker is thirty eight years old.
Speaker 5: The last mayoral race was decided by seven thousand voters.
Speaker 7: That means that your vote really matters.
Speaker 11: I supported him because he's the only non Zionist candidate on that stage.
Speaker 12: I thought he needed to be bond and sold. But people are energetic, people aren't tired of Zionism, and I'm excited.
Speaker 2: To see what he's got.
Speaker 6: I'm not a socialist myself.
Speaker 12: I don't want everyone to be a communist getting free stuff, but I think he has some cool ideas.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like the fact that he's a communist who wants governments to run supermarkets, but he hates Zionism. So he got Sneako's vote.
Speaker 2: And he had certainly got Emily's vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, isn't it extraordinary He's running to be mayor of New York and the things he's really best known for is his anti Israel activism. But of course that attracts a certain type of person, as we just saw. Imagine though, I mean, this is an election to do with a mayor who can oversee quite a lot of stuff to do with the running of the city. But the mayor of New York doesn't have a foreign policy. So isn't it revealing when people like that that that guy there, sneak O. Isn't it? Yeah? That he he says, I like because he's he's not a Zionist. Well that that just means that that he gets the support of people who think, great, this guy doesn't like Jews. I don't like Jews. Let's vote for him, because what else does it mean, what, what's what's not being a Zionist got to do with being mayor of New York. Only that Mandani has repeatedly demonstrated his own prejudices. And by the way, I will predict reata with considerable certainty, and we can lay a bed on this that any criticism of Mandani in the coming days and weeks will be batted back by him and his support as being in some way bigoted, as if criticizing a bigot is in some way itself the problem. They will say, he's a Muslim, he's a recent immigrant. How dare you say anything against him? And that will, I guarantee be the playbook it will run on.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt. I'm not having that bet because you would win it.
Speaker 3: Now I want to take you to London, where pro Palestinian supporters continue to clash with the police.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look. Now.
Speaker 3: These were members or supporters of the Palestine Action Group at Trafalgar Square. Now this group is expected to be banned Douglas by the government, prescribed as a terrorist organization after its members allegedly vandalized two planes at an RAF base. How do you see the way Western governments have handled this uprising since October seven, particularly the British, because they've seem to have been particularly weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're all weak reta and it's because they don't know what to do. They've imported large populations of people who have brought their own sectarian politics to countries like Britain. Whether it's to do with Kashmir, Pakistani populations who've come to the UK or bang on about Kashmir, or the same people and others who will bang on about Middle Eastern politics, they've just brought their rife ethnic and religious hatreds with them, and the British state, like so many other countries, doesn't know what to do now other than do a bit of kumbaya. Why don't we all love the multi culty society bit. But actually, these people we're seeing there, I mean they call themselves Palestine Action and they attack RAF bases. They're just a combination of two groups of people radical mostly and absolutely hollowed out Western far leftists who believe that their life will have some kind of meaning if they pretend that the palestinees, if that's a thing, a name, a place, a state, should be foremost in all of their concerns, and you know, it's a very interesting test for a country like Britain. Can the police and others actually rein in radical groups who bring our cities to a halt because of imported bigotries and hatreds or will they just continue to allow them to run riot. So far they've just allowed them to run riot. We'll see, But if Arma were to ban them, that would seem to me to be a very good thing. You know, no other groups are allowed to shut down cities repeatedly, be hooligans, deface things, invade military bases and much more. I think there should be a price for that, and I'm very happy if Palestine action goes same way as the people they admire so much and get prescribed like Hamas and other terrorist groups.
Speaker 3: Now, Douglas, I've always made the argument that if you don't like the West and its values, then don't emigrate there. If you want to see Shariah law, then there are plenty of Muslim majority countries you could live in.
Speaker 2: But I want to play the.
Speaker 3: Response to that argument from a character called Shakil Afsa, who did very well. I've got to say the last general election in the UK, in the Hall Green constituency in Birmingham. He got the second largest vote running as an independent.
Speaker 2: Let's have a listen, City.
Speaker 13: Of Birmingham will not tolerate the disrespect of our profit. Peace be upon him and there will be outcomes from your actions. You will have repercussions for your actions. We have been trained from Bert that we must befriend the honor of our profit and we will let our life on the line.
Speaker 12: Okay, you know the other argument is okay, so if you don't like it here, I go to your own confu.
Speaker 11: But why would we do that when our fathers were instrumental in rebuilding this country after World War Two? It was our grandfathers who worked in the factory twenty twenty hours, it was our grandfathers who came here, and it was our grandfathers who brought you the.
Speaker 12: Lovely Coreer, which is a national dish.
Speaker 11: So how can you tell us to go. We're not going nowhere.
Speaker 1: We are here to stay.
Speaker 11: Like I said, we're not here to take part. We're here to take all that.
Speaker 2: Douglas, what's your response to that?
Speaker 3: The argument is their forefathers helped rebuild the UK and they're entitled to take over.
Speaker 1: Well, he can scram. As far as I'm concerned, my forefathers did a lot more, for a lot longer than his. And if he wants to talk about the importance of Pakistani labor in the post war period, very happy that other British people go head to head and point out what our forebears did for a lot longer and a lot better to actually build Britain. Britain isn't built on a couple of generations of immigration. It's built on centuries, in fact, millennia of men women who did extraordinary things. And to watch that being trampled on by this person, I just will play it around any other way. If a white British person were to go to Pakistan and say I'm very sorry, but actually my forbears built this country, not you, and I'll do whatever I want and we'll have a kind of white takeover of Pakistan or anything like that, it would be absolutely condemned by everyone. It wouldn't be tolerated at all. I just fed up of hearing demagogues like that. I'm sorry, the country doesn't belong to him and people like him, and I hope he doesn't push the British people as much as he's trying to because he might not like what he gets back.
Speaker 3: Well, what I say, Douglas, I'm as worried about the self loathing generations we are breeding in the West as much as those coming from far away lands who want to change the West. Watch what these young men say when asked whether they would fight for their country.
Speaker 14: Let me tell you this, I would fight against the UK, I would probably say, no, you.
Speaker 11: Don't think I would.
Speaker 1: Why would you fight against the UK?
Speaker 10: Because I would like the world to be liberated from Western imperialism.
Speaker 7: I would fight against this country in.
Speaker 1: The war.
Speaker 3: Liberated from Western imperialism.
Speaker 2: Douglas, how do we get here?
Speaker 1: First of all, that soyboy you just saw, I'm not sure he'd be much used in any arm I can't see him storming any beaches or climbing any ramparts. So it's purely hypothetical for him. It's just a statement of the Basically, he's saying that because he's been taught to say it, and he doesn't have a mind to his own. He's just repeating a sort of man trey he's been taught in some secondary university or college or something like that about colonialism and everything else in Western imperiod. It's all just such dated stuff by now. And of course, you know, those of us who watch people like that with the suitable amount of contempt that they invite always have to resist the temptation. Don't we to just wish that perhaps they would find themselves in a position where they meet the people who they think are their great allies and are shown a different type of custom and a different type of welcome. If that guy ever got his way, which he's not going to but actually sort of lived in some kind of post Western world, well good luck to him, because he'd find out awfully fast. The Chinese Communist Party don't particularly care for people like him. The sharier law lovers definitely don't like him. You know, you just sort of in a way you hope that they'll get a little taster of it someday, and it'll be the firm smack of reality, maybe the first smack they've got, but certainly not the first one they've deserved.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of those pro Palestinian supporters who thought they were going to march into Palestine through Egypt and the locals gave them the sort of.
Speaker 2: Reception they weren't expecting.
Speaker 3: They were I think expecting the red carpet treatment, and no, they got a very North African welcome and they were shocked. They couldn't believe the locals would behave like that. Before you go. It's been a big week for the Trump administration. The bombing of Iran's nuclear sites is fresh calls for Donald Trump's impeachment from the Democrats, from the likes of AOC and we've also just had Donald Trump overnight at the Hague securing increased defense spending from NATO partners. Do you expect to see the peace steal between Israel and Iran enduring for any sort of time.
Speaker 1: We'll see. The Iranian Revolutionary government is not in a very strong position at the moment. The Iatola Kameni is about the last person left at the head of it. The end of the military and the terrorists infrastructure that he and his predecessor built up for four and a half decades. Now, he's not in a strong position the era. The skies above Iran are completely dominated by the Israeli Air Force and indeed by the American Air Force. In the last ten days or so, they don't have control of their own skies. The Uranian Revolutionary government, the Israeli and American Air Force can do whatever they want, and the Mullers basically can't do anything much in response. If the Iranian Revolutionary government were to break this cease fire, Israel be completely within its rights to retaliate immediately. I think there is a slightly difficult corner for the Israelis, which is whether or not they actually feel that they finished the job, not just on the nuclear sites, but on the ballistic missiles and others that the Iranian Revolutionary government has been firing at the people of Israel for the last couple of weeks and has done so many times in the past. If the Israelis felt the job isn't done, they will need some kind of reassurance that it'll be that basically, that the rocket fire will stop and much more. It's a difficult corner that and I can understand, you know, the tensions on all sides. But you know, President Trump did an extraordinary and historic thing, as indeed did Prime Minister Netta Yahoo in the last couple of weeks since we spoke. The whole world has said for years that Iran cannot get a nuclear bomb, and most of the world sat by or negotiated away. As the Mollez got closer and closer to getting the world's most dangerous weaponry. The Israelis acted and then the Americans backed them up and finished most of that job, if not all of it. And as I've said for many years, evidably there's criticism, but they have done something which, if it's shown to have been complete, if it has actually just freud the nuclear terrorist infrastructure of the Maulers, is absolutely historic. That the idiots claiming that Trump should be impeached should just come out and say that they have no problem with the idea of a nuclear Iran and a nuclearized Middle East. And if they think that, they're even bigger fools than you and I took them for.
Speaker 2: Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 1: It's a great pleasure.
Speaker 2: As always, coming.
Speaker 3: Up Lefties Losing It plus a surprisingly tender moment between Donald Trump and a Ukrainian journalist at the NATO summit. Army Horowitz is up next. Welcome back. It's time for lefties losing it And here are a couple of American traitors who want the Islamist Iranian regime to wipe out these to blow up more than one hundred million Americans in red states like Texas and Florida.
Speaker 8: Dear Iron, this is my official application of states that you should.
Speaker 14: Wipe out because we did not vote.
Speaker 4: For that orange cheetoh man over here in Los Angeles, Alabama.
Speaker 8: Out here, Florida out of here, Arkansas boom, Oklahoma, get them gla, Ohio, Kansas gone, Kentucky No, Arkansas ran the Tennessee Fire.
Speaker 2: Texas double double.
Speaker 3: You know, those low life losers mentioned my home state of arkansat twice.
Speaker 2: That's a declaration of war where I come from.
Speaker 3: And let's see another unhinged lefty who somehow diluted herself into thinking she's morally superior because she doesn't believe in law and order, she doesn't believe in borders. She's happy to see the return of the human trafficking tried at the us is southern border because apparently it's what Jesus wanted.
Speaker 4: Don't come on my page and say that people should be in this country legally. Don't do it.
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous, it's inhumane.
Speaker 15: You are a human being, and don't.
Speaker 2: You dare use Jesus's name or God's.
Speaker 5: Name in this and say that this is what he would want and pretend to be a Christian because you're not.
Speaker 2: This is pure evil. You are scum of the earth. These are people, these.
Speaker 12: Are mothers, these are fathers, these are human beings, and all you care about is where they are geographically.
Speaker 2: Shame on you do better, be better now.
Speaker 3: This is one way to deal with a lefty losing it And.
Speaker 14: Tell me why I'm gonna get sixer?
Speaker 15: No I'm not, I no, no, Why.
Speaker 2: Did she get up?
Speaker 3: You knew she was gonna get zapped again as as soon as she got up.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get much sillier than this.
Speaker 3: This is Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon campaigning for a radical socialist? Is there a more dim witted profession than acting this?
Speaker 2: Just intellectually barren in this election.
Speaker 7: Day, I'm on my way to vote.
Speaker 4: I don't felt that I have ever been more excited to vote for anyone than I am to vote for Zoran Mondani.
Speaker 3: That was Cynthia before the vote, and afterwards she was celebrating, celebrating like a Turkey celebrates Christmas. She posted Zora and Mamdani, a Muslim democratic socialist has won the.
Speaker 2: NYC primary for mayor.
Speaker 3: Exclamation mark joining me now is a filmmaker and journalist's army, Horowitz army. What do you make of Cynthia Nixon's advocacy here? She wasn't alone, Zora and Mamdani has plenty of influential famous backers.
Speaker 2: What are you dancing to at the moment.
Speaker 12: Si, I was listening to the rockin' out to mister cartermom aka Zoran Mandavi. Yes, the great wrapper of yesteryear. So I couldn't help myself. Yes, Mandani is not only a weight loss drug, but it's also the incoming mayor, most probably of New York City. Yes, he has quite a few, like you're trying to get to before I disturb you. Quite a few celebrity backers, right, He's got Emily Radajowski, the woman made herself famous while she was naked in a video. Lord who made Who's your neck of the woods? She makes great news?
Speaker 2: Yes, New Zealand person.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, and the afore mentioned Cynthia Nixon a whole Cynthia Nixon just quick quick aside that when I had my daughter, she was oh no, no, four or five years old. We were at the park one day and she was holding a string cheese and looking at it about to have her lunch. That was her food. Cynthia Nixon's son ran up to her, grab the cheese stick, laughed and ran away and ate it. As Cynthia Nixon said, was laughing and said, Oh, don't worry, I'll get you next time. No, Cynthia, I got you this time. Look, Cynthia Nixon is a horrible person that that son who stole my daughter's cheese stick. This is something who she calls an observant jew that's kind of like I'm anna observant Zoastrian. This is somebody who spent time in a hunger strike against the genocide and Israel. Notably the hunger strike lasted five days, but heal it can make two days. Also a member of JVP Jewish Boys for Peace, which who I've interviewed, complete and total supporters of Hamas. So yeah, that's kind of Cynthia and Nixon. But this tracks with Mandavi. Mandavi is a he's a support. He has said his own words, he wants to globalize the empty FATA. Well, you know, I does take it. One second. He fought up with a series of uprising against Israel, which was a series of terrorist attacks which killed hundreds and hundreds of these reelius civilians. He wants to globalize this he founded, he's one of the founding member of one of the chapters of s JP Students for Justice of Palestine, who are open HAMA supporters against people that I have I have interviewed. Look, he has openly called for the genocide of Israel, right, he doesn't shy away from that at all. And you know, even more disgusting than that is he sent out a series of robo calls and I was sitting at a baseball game my cousin. He got one of these robo calls, and my cousin didn't know. I thought he was interacting with somebod who worked for the actually worked for the for the campaign. He said, look, I'm worried. I'm a Jew. I can't vote for mine, Donnie. And then, in a sick, twisted way, this person said this robo call said I'm an Orthodox Jew and I had a friend who died in October seventh. They actually weaponized and took this the cruel murder of civilians for a weird, horrible political win. I mean, this is Cynthia Nixon, this is Mindani.
Speaker 2: Well, Mamdani did particularly well.
Speaker 3: It has to be said with young voters, affluent voters, low income voters didn't really back him, but college educated, affluent voters did back him.
Speaker 2: That's got to be a concern.
Speaker 3: But I'm interested to get your take on what President Donald Trump has had to say about this. After his big win in New York's Democratic meryal primary, Trump wrote, Democrats have crossed the line by elevating a one hundred percent communist lunatic. He also added, We've had radical lefties before, but this is getting a little ridiculous. But army, this is the modern left in America. The Democrats loudest voices are Iosa and Bernie and Jasmine Crockers and now this guy who could be leading in yc.
Speaker 12: Oh God, who would imagine I'd be pining for the days of Bill de Blasio. Yeah, Look, I remember we Look, we would have a series of discussions you and I after the election. Right, in what direction are the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Going to go?
Speaker 12: Well, it seemed like they picked their lane, right, they really did.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 12: Zorman Jave is a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. Now the DSA, this is not some like watered down version of like social democrats in Europe. But this is not the Finnish politicians on bikes. These are hardcore Marxist. Let me read you a list of the affiliations of the DSA support if you read this, the DSA, this is from their website, is a multi tendency coalition. Don't know what that is of Marxist Leninists, trotsky Is, eco socialist, orthodox Marxism as opposed to reform Marxism, evolutionary socialism, socialist feminism, and eco socialisms, or simply crazy people. Now they can add that list global g hottis because that's exactly what they have. Look, he's calling for state run groceries, right, state run grocery. Look, this is why it at the people in breadlines from the Soviet Union time or now currently in Venezuela, what they think of state run groceries. Okay, by the way, state run groceries. He wants no profit margin. They want they run a one to two percent profit margin. That's the graphic margin he wants to get rid of and have absolutely no food whatsoever. He's called for having no fee for transportation, Getting the subway, getting the bus, no problem at all. I remember just recently on that same yagging game I was talking about I was a subway that stopped for about fifteen minutes, and this woman said to me, you know, that's why I don't pay for the subway. I skipped. I don't pay. I hoped the thing that stops you makes you pay, because this is what we get to go.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 12: No, the reason why we're stopping for fifteen minutes because you don't pay for the subway. He wants to make that across New York City. This guy is a legitimate crazy person, and now New York is poised to elect him the mayor of the city.
Speaker 3: To NATO now, ARMI and President Donald Trump shared a touching moment with a Ukrainian woman, a journalist who asked him a question during the NATO press conference.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look meet with the kids. I mean also actually, because he wanted to meet.
Speaker 9: Is your husband a soldier?
Speaker 1: Now he's he's there now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well that's rough stuff, right, that's tough, and you're living here and you're a reporter.
Speaker 1: I am good.
Speaker 9: So let me just tell you. They do want to have the anti missile missiles. Okay, as they call them the patriots, and we're going to see if we can make some available.
Speaker 2: Amy that's the side of the president. We don't always.
Speaker 12: Say no, that's true. Look, he really does feel for the people of Ukraine. I mean again, you know, it's so funny. It makes me think back to this whole Russia Gate thing, right that. Remember the Democrats planted their flag on that they were gonna die on the hill, that he was a Russian mole, he was a cat's paw for Putin. Yeah, I noticed that Russia invaded Ukraine twice, once under Obama and once under Biden, didn't evade it under Trump. Trump has no love for Trump has no love for Russia. He does want this to end, though, because there is a massive amount of killings. Both sides are dying right, clearly, one side in the wrong and one side of the right not trying to quit the two. There's no question that young people are dying in Russia, but in particularly in Ukraine, and right there you saw the affection he had for Ukrainians and the way he felt for the people who are fighting for their freedom and fighting against Russian tyranny.
Speaker 2: And before you go.
Speaker 3: He was also referred to as daddy during this NATO PRAHS conference.
Speaker 14: Markrat to the NATO chief, who is your friend? He called you daddy earlier. Do you regard your NATO allies as kind of children?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: Trump wasn't playing the role of daddy earlier in the wig, It's got to be said, and he wasn't very happy.
Speaker 2: He was an angry daddy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just wait till daddy gets home. Man, Oh god, I remember those words, and we're telling NATA those words. Also. Look, he really has transformed NATO. Do you remember remember the days and he said I'm gonna leave NATO and everywhere like, oh my god, he's crazy. He wants to leave NATO. Yeah. Look, six out of thirty one countries prior to Trumpere did not hit the two percent threshold they legally were supposed to hit. And since he became president the first time, not even now the first time, because of that threat, the vast majority of NATO countries are at that spending threshold. Finally, we're not paying for NATO's defense totally. So yeah, he kind of is there daddy. And by the way, he's not disliked by the heads of NATO. Mark Rutt, the current head of NATO, is the one who called him daddy, and Stoenberg before him praised him over and over again that he was able to get these intransigent European countries to finally pay up. So yeah, Daddy made it work.
Speaker 3: Amy Harwitz, thank you so much for your time. Tonight, Salty, come the latest on Jeff Bazils's lavish wedding and the billion dollar question about.
Speaker 2: That train up.
Speaker 3: Kinsey Skyfield is up next, Welcome back. Joining me now is to Die for podcast hosts Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, There's been a lot of talk in the media about Jeff Bezos's lavish wedding in Venice. It's this Saturday, tell me the latest, and let's be honest, we all want to know.
Speaker 2: Is there a prenup?
Speaker 3: The last divorce costume billions, tens of billions.
Speaker 4: I am all over this for you, but I hate to disappoint you. There's still no word officially on whether Jeff Bezos and Lauren Chenchez signed a pre nup. And that's raising eyebrows because, like you said, Bezos didn't have one with ex wife McKenzie Scott and they're twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: Divorce ended with Scott.
Speaker 4: Walking away with roughly thirty five billion dollars, instantly making her one of the richest women in the world, with Bezos now worth over two hundred billion. Legal experts say a prenup this time around would be a critical move. But by the way, can I find anybody willing to marry me for thirty five million dollars?
Speaker 7: I'm here already.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're settling for the thirty five million, not billion.
Speaker 2: Come on, can see we can get you the beat. We can get you with a beat. Thank you. I'm high now.
Speaker 3: Orlando Bloom is expected to be at this wedding, and he may be making his debut as a single man. What's happened with Katie Perry? Because only what a few weeks ago she was in space with the bride Lauren Sanchez?
Speaker 2: Is she not going to be at the wedding by Orlando site?
Speaker 4: I mean, I should ask you what's in the water in Australia, because apparently this all.
Speaker 7: Blew up in Australia.
Speaker 4: According to TMZ, Orlando Bloom is going to be making his debut as a newly single man at the wedding. Of Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez source to say he's expected to bring the energy and hit the dance floor hard. There's even Taki and Leonardo DiCaprio could slip away for a little bar hoping on insider jokes. Ninety percent of the guest list is kind of boring, but that other ten percent, including Orlando and Jeff Bezos himself, is where the real fun is.
Speaker 7: It's going to be a great party.
Speaker 4: Now the split rumors they just want start, they're intensifying, and notably, she will not be attending the wedding.
Speaker 3: Well, the last thing you want to hear is that your strange husband is hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio somewhere in Italy. That is just bad news all around. Now let's move on to the UK and there are reports that Prince Andrew will not be returning as a working member of the royal family under Prince William once he becomes king. The Prince and Princess of Wales reportedly see the disgraced Duke of York as a threat to the firm, and the future King does not want to explore any sort of scenario where he's going to be returning as a working royal.
Speaker 4: Honestly, no one in the loan of succession would welcome Prince Andrew into the fold. His sexual assault accuser recently committed suicide, and while he insists he's an innocent man, he was clearly close to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, and in the court of public opinion.
Speaker 7: It's guilt by association.
Speaker 4: So I'm hoping that Prince William isn't villainized over these reports because to me it feels like common sense.
Speaker 2: And sticking with the Royals.
Speaker 3: George Clooney and his wife Amal have rubbed shoulders with King Charles this way tell us what was behind that? While was George clan George Clooney at Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I think the cloonies probably prefer crowns over complaints. George and Amal showed up hand in hand to Buckingham Palace looking right at home.
Speaker 7: I guess after one Royal wedding and.
Speaker 4: A few Netflix specials, they've officially rsv p'd no to Juan Acido and yes to team working Royals.
Speaker 2: You can't blame them.
Speaker 4: The King's trust has way back press and fewer Spotify casualties. But they were therefore the King's Trust Awards, and they looked relaxed. They were in good spirits as they spoke to King Charles before he greeted the other guests. And they are apparently longtime supporters of the King's Trust formerly the Princess Trust. And in twenty nineteen, Amole actually partnered with the organization to launch Amal Cloney's Women's Empowerment Awards. So this actually surprises me so much. It's giving you a sense of how Hollywood has really turned their back on the Sussexes.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, if you've got the choice between the Sussexes and the real royal family, you're always going to pick the rules at you.
Speaker 2: We're not surprised.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about Sean Diddy Combs. His legal team failed to call a single witness to the stand in his defense.
Speaker 15: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Closing arguments are scheduled to begin Thursday, and I'm hearing more and more conjecture that the defense is very confident that he's going to get off on the most serious charges.
Speaker 4: Look, did he may not be the most sympathetic figure, and no jury wants to let somebody shady off the hook, but being unlikable isn't the same as being guilty of racketeering and sex trafficking. The government has thrown a lot at him, but when you look closely, it's fair to question whether all of it will actually stick. When it comes to the racketeering charge specifically, prosecutors appear to be on shaky ground. Some might argue that they overcharged him. I mean, I guess I could say now, I do feel like they overcharged him because they dropped several of the counts today because they wanted to simplify the jury's you know, the jury's instructions, and now they're trying it did look like for a while that they were trying to make the facts fit the narrative versus the other way around.
Speaker 7: So I don't know. I do wonder. I'm at a loss. I don't know what's going to happen when it.
Speaker 4: Finds comes down to the jury taking this case and trying to determine what happens behind closed doors. But I do think when it comes to closing arguments, we're going to hear the defense double down on their original approach.
Speaker 7: Admit Diddy's not a saint, but.
Speaker 4: Remind the jury that being morally questionable isn't the same as being criminally liable.
Speaker 2: And before you go.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift as surprised fans in Nashville as she took to the stage at Travis Kelcey's charity concert to seeing shake it Off.
Speaker 2: Let's have a quick look. I may have to reinstitute some sort of a.
Speaker 3: Taylor's Swift Travis Kelsey ban again on this program. Kinsey, I don't know if I can put up with too many more clips like that.
Speaker 7: Look, we talked about prenups.
Speaker 4: All I have to say to Taylor Swift is please, for the love of God, athletes are notorious for burning through their money the second they no longer have work in the NFL. Please get a prenum, Taylor, please listen to us.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm still hoping.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't say this, but I'm hoping for a fantastic album post breakup. I can still see a breakup happening and a number one album, and then she'll find love with someone more suitable. Kinsey Schofield, thank you so much for your time, and that's all the time we have tonight. I'll see you tomorrow. Night at nine pm. For Left, he's losing it. News Night is up next