Speaker 1: Live on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Good Evening. Tonight our exclusive interview with the Israeli at the center of the shocking video when nurses threatened to kill him. Max Viefer would join me live in his first interview. Plus New South Illes Health Minister Ryan Park will be on the show with his reaction to these vile anti Semites, and journalist Leah Mendes will be here to talk about how his phone was snatched and he was abused by the female nurse's family when he tried to get a comment. Full coverage here tonight on this scandal at Bangstown Hospital. Also tonight, Defact criticized for spending one hundred thousand dollars on welcome to country ceremonies. Shadow Foreign Affairs Minister David Coleman wants this to change and he'll be on a bit later. Plus, after their cozy cocktail party with the Prime Minister, the teals now need to come out and say who'd they support in the case of a hung parliament. Michael Kroger and Graham Richardson will discuss shortly, but first let's start with the video that shocked and appawed us all today. Two nurses in a major New South Wales public hospital boasting about killing Israeli patients. The two nurses were stood down from Bangstown Hospital today, with Health Minister Ryan Park who's coming up, vowing the disgusting pair will never work in the health system again. But let's first name and shame them. This is Ahmed Russhed Nadea. The Telegraph reports that he was born in Afghanistan and became an Australian citizen just four years ago after immigrating when he was twelve. He's been treating patients in Western Sydney since twenty eighteen. His brother is a paramedic with New South Wales Ambulance Service. And this nurse is Sarah Abu Lebde. She's twenty six. Now here's what the male nurse said he'd already done to Israeli patients.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have no idea how many Israeli had a dog came to this hospital and Jehanna.
Speaker 2: Jehanna. So to be very clear, he's saying they would kill and they've already killed Israeli patients. And they seemed pretty defiant and proud about it. They were boasting and insistent that they'd do it again. Here's what the nurse said, they do if in Israeli came into their hospital.
Speaker 4: Let's say an Israeli, God forbid them.
Speaker 2: I went treat them, aw kill them.
Speaker 4: You'll kill them. So if an Israeli is in Australia and that's will be something happened to him and he comes to your hospital.
Speaker 2: This is Jihadi language. It's utterly un Australian. And the female nurse, Sarah wished Max Weifer the Israeli they were speaking with a horrible death.
Speaker 3: I'm so upset that Israeli, Like, eventually you're gonna get killed and you're gonna go to Jhanda. You think it's pretty iest that should say in this in this world for longer.
Speaker 4: What do you think? Why do you think I'm going to get killed?
Speaker 2: It's Palistin's country, not.
Speaker 3: One day, one day.
Speaker 5: One day, time will come and you will.
Speaker 2: Die the most.
Speaker 6: We spread this intimate and when your time comes.
Speaker 3: How are you doctors?
Speaker 6: I want you to remember.
Speaker 2: I have okay, okay.
Speaker 4: You will. I have a question though.
Speaker 2: And by the way, just minutes before I came on air tonight, I spoke to Max on the phone making sure he was ready for our interview, and he told me Instagram has pulled down the video from his Instagram page. He's exposing anti Semitism, not promoting it. It's disgraceful. Now, the Health Minister, Ryan Park, couldn't have been stronger. He'll be here in a moment. He said, these two nurses won't ever work in New South El's health again.
Speaker 1: These two individuals in no way are healthcare professionals. They are disgusting individuals and we will do everything we can to make sure that not only is this issue investigated, which is one issue. I don't want to give these two a sciric of light, a sceric of light to be able to somehow weasel their way back into New South Wales Health.
Speaker 2: Now. Police visited Bangstown Hospital today and there are now investigations as well into how past patients were treated. And we absolutely categorically need to know if what those nurses said is true, if they've ever killed Jewish Israeli patients. I can't believe I'm even saying those words. It's insane. New South Wales Health need to do a thorough investigation here and the Minister needs to stay on top of it. We also need to know if this GHRDI attitude is limited to this pair in Bangstown Hospital or if it's spread throughout the hospital and the health system. Because if they felt comfortable speaking in that way in the middle of a busy public hospital, well it makes you wonder whether that view is normal and socially acceptable in that workplace. So this all needs to be part of the investigation, along with questioning of their supervisor. Did their supervisor know that the pair felt this way? Now, if this behavior wasn't caught on camera, then we would know nothing about it, and that's our fear. We suspect that this sentiment is out there, but we just don't usually have the evidence. And look at how one family member and the friends of the female nurse, Sarah reacted when my friend journalist at The Australian, Leah Mendes, went to visit her house today. He went just looking for comment to this big story. It's been the biggest news story of the day. He was very polite, he was on public property, and yet a woman screamed at him to leave, and then another man stole his phone and a third man intimidated him. Have a look, now, why are you.
Speaker 7: Say about the allegation tell me I still walking towards the faith. Nate mat mat this, Okay, I need my phone back.
Speaker 2: And Liam actually couldn't get his phone back for quite a while. It wasn't a very quick return there. I've seen the full video and Liam Mendes is going to be on the show a bit later now. I made Noda was a little bit more apologetic only after he was publicly shamed, and he told Liam that this was a joke and a misunderstanding, adding he didn't mean to offend. Well, I find this difficult to stomach. A joke, what's funny about killing Jewish israelis a misunderstanding. I think it's perfectly clear from the video. You've seen what Nadea and Lebde mean and what they stand for. There's been no misunderstanding here. So let's have a look at how all of this unfolded and where this video came from. Max Viifa is in his le content creator. He was on a video chat site an app, and he records the chats and he's caught plenty of anti Semitism because when people find out that they're speaking within Israeli they say some pretty horrific things. Now, Hollywood actor Nate Buzz saw this video overnight and he sent it to me at six point thirty this morning. He then connected me with Max and I was able to verify the video and understand the circumstances in which it was taken. I then texted it directly to the new South Iales Health Minister, Ryan Park at seven twenty am. He hadn't seen it. He told me he would deal with it personally and he immediately found it shocking and appalling and as I said, his reaction today couldn't have been stronger and we can't applaud him enough.
Speaker 1: At about seven twenty this morning, I was informed and made aware of one of the most fire shocking and appalling videos I have ever seen to individual healthcare workers behaving in a way that I never thought I would see representing one of our new South Wales hospitals. I as the new South Wales Health Minister and Susan as the Secretary. I am so very sorry that you're having to deal with this. I'm assure the Jewish community today that they have my utmost sorrow, but more importantly, my utmost energy, dedication and time along with the Secretary to reassure them that our hospitals will continue to provide them high quality, safe care every time and any time they present.
Speaker 2: The Minister acted swiftly. He called an investigation, his team spoke to the Police Commissioner and made it clear that the Joe's pair will never step foot in a public hospital again as you hurt. But in my view it needs to go further than that. Oprah, the regulator need to make sure that this pair lose the nursing registration. They should never ever be able to be in a position to give treatment to anyone in or out of the New South Wales Health System. And by the way, the Health Secretary was equally as strong and unequivocal in her condemnation as well, and she even was quite emotional at the start of the press conference.
Speaker 6: Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be standing here with two staff of the New South Wales Health System having said such horrendous things about our community, and particularly to our Jewish community. I offer my sincere apologies and confirmation as the Minister has said that we will fulsomely and thoroughly investigate this.
Speaker 2: Now. Something Ryan Parks said publicly today really struck me. He said he wished these people weren't in our society at all. We never hear that language from Alban Ezy or Penny Wong. It was so strong and so true. This kind of hatred and blatant racism just doesn't belong in Australia.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd say that they are vile, disgusting and deranged individuals who have a view that does not reflect their colleagues view, does not reflect the health or hospital system that they're part OF's view does not reflect their community's view, and their view is not welcome and will not be welcome ever again in New South Wales Health as an employee.
Speaker 2: The fact that we're so surprised to hear this language is a reflection on how weak our federal political leadership has been to feel gratitude when politicians do the right thing by simply saying they don't want racist grubs in our society. I mean, it should be a given. We shouldn't have to feel gratitude for this. But what we see in this video is the sort of racism and hatred and murderous language that we know exists, but like I said, so rare to get it on camera. We hear people on the street chanting all Zionists and terrorists, and then you wonder where they work and what they would do if they came face to face with a Jew. You might go into hospital for a procedure, and as you're about to go under the general anesthetic, you hope that the person treating you, or any of the nursing staff that you hope that they don't hate Jews, and you wonder whether they can tell that you're Jewish. Now, this is how many of us felt before this video today, and now those concerns will be even more real now. This was so the very first issue raised by the Coalition in Federal Parliament today. Julian Lisa, who was on the show last night, he opened Parliamentary question Time with this serious question, Prime Minister.
Speaker 8: For the last fifteen months, Jewish Australians have been subjected to harassment, doxing, fire bombing, death threats and terror plots. Today we've seen revelations of New South Wales health workers calling for Israeli patients to be refused treatment and claiming to have murdered Israelis under their care. Prime Minister, the Australian Jewish community is living in fear. How did the country get to this point.
Speaker 2: Now. The Prime Minister then condemned it with his usual language where he says, with no real feeling or passion, that this type of anti Semitism has no place in our country.
Speaker 9: These any Semitic comments have no place, certainly in our health system, but no place anywhere else in Australia either overwhelmed people in our health system, our nurses, our doctors, our orderlies. They go into the health system because they care about their fellow Australians, they fellow humans.
Speaker 2: And then he got into the weeds talking about what sort of video app this was. I mean, compare his weak response with the strong, passionate words of the Health Minister in New South Wales and you really get a sense of just how weak the Prime Minister is. He finds it much easier speaking out against neo Nazis than against Islamic extremism, when both pose the most serious threat to the Jewish community and the Australian way of life. Okay, for more on this, And as you know, I've got Max Weifer, the Israeli at the center of the video. He's coming up, plus Lea Mendis and the Health Minister. But now let's bring in form a big Torrian Liberal Party president Michael Kroger and former Labor Minister Gray and Richardson. Welcome to you both. Michael, can you believe what Australia has come to that there's now going to be a serious investigation into where the Jewish patients have actually been killed at Bankstown Hospital.
Speaker 10: I just saw an email from someone who was going to have an operation there. A Jewish man have an operation there a few years ago under the Liberal government, by the way, not under Men's. He canceled his operation at Bankstown Hospital because a friend of his who worked at the hospital said, if a Jewish don't come here, they spit on the food of the Jews before it's delivered. They don't do mandatory post ops. They leave their beds soiled for as long as they possibly can. They make life as difficult as possible for Jewish patients. So he said, I canceled my operation of the hospital because of that. That now has I said, that's before Men's. This has been going on at this hospital, this Jewish hatred for years, and now at a point in this country, nobody's listening to albou If I hear him say one more time. There's no place for any Semitism in this country, Albo. No one is listening to you. Nobody, zilch nobody. Malcolm Turnbull called a Royal commission Shari into the Dondale Youth Detention Center in twenty sixteen in the Northern Territory, a smaller issue than the nationwide outbreak of Jewish hatred will have. If Alberanizi had any any ounce of decency, any sense of decency, any sense of concern for Jewish Australians, he would immediately call a royal commission into antisemitism in this country, not a royal commission into all religious hatred. By the way, let's look out of that. Anti Semitisms levels we've never seen before in my life and I'm getting older. That's what's needed in this country. A royal commission into anti Semitism. He needs to do it urgently because things are getting worse than this country Shari, not better, not better. And as you say, another pathetic response from him today, Thank goodness of people like Ryan Park, the new South Wales Labor Health Minister. Big tick for you, mister Park, for having the guts and courage to say what you did good on you, mate.
Speaker 2: I mean you talk about all forms of racism. You know the statement that was put out today by the Nurses Union, the Nurses and Midwives Union, their very first sentence was that they condemn all forms of racism, bigotry and hatred, including acts of anti Semitism and Islamophobia. That's the Nurses Union today. I mean, it's just not a we're witnessing, Richo. You know a lot of people have thought because initially there was this global wave of protests, but now the fact is that Australia is worse than perhaps almost anywhere else in the world. But you know, maybe parts of Europe are worse, Paris and London, but Australia is right up there, and other countries have got to handle on antisemitism better, rich O. This has to come down to federal leadership, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 11: I certainly think federal leadership is an element here that has not been exercised properly. I'm frankly just appalled, flatberg acids, stunned, and I'm sad just said that in my country, I've got to share a land with grubs like we are seeing at the moment.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and sad is the right word for it for all of Australia. Now, just on this topic, antisemitism at Sydney's Macquarie University has got so bad. And this is the front page of the Daily Telegraph today by the way, also in the Herald Sign. But look at it front page. UNI's Panic Room. They've opened up a high security safe room for Jewish students. So I mean, Michael again, instead of banning the protests or expelling students who act in an anti Semitic way, you know that they're creating a punic room. Shouldn't the entire campus be safe, not just a single room, Michael Kroger, No.
Speaker 10: It's better just you just better have a little single room for the Jews to feel safe. What an absolute face, But Shari, these university vice chancellors like Mark Scott, the fellow at Melbourne University, Mascal whatever his name is. At the A and U, these people are still in their million dollar jobs. These people should have all been sacked by the university councils. You know, I've called on Julie bis Bishop before to take action at the A and U. This is not party political, this is all you know, A lot of this was to do with what's happening at universities and to have to open a safe for a meta university in Australia to protect yous, I mean, Albow. You've got to call a royal commission into Jewish hatred, which, which has which has got, which was started and has got worse under his watch, and from the Opera House onwards, this federal government has basically licensed a lot of these extremists by all of the acts that all of those small acts that they've done one by one to dog whistle to the extremists that it's all right to oppose israel I e subtext Jews right, Oh it's all again Zionist or Israel No, No, it's Jews right and Alban easy. In great contrast to Min's and this fellow park today, what a disgrace, Albo has been. The Only thing you can do to show if you've got any sense of decency is to call a royal commission tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Shari, Well, I think we should put that idea on the table at our anti Semitism summit, which I know you're coming to next week. Michael Krogan Rich, Oh, oh there you're of course we invited as well. Look Max VI for the Israeli in that video, he's just moments away. So I just want to get to another couple of topics before we bring him in. Richo. The Prime Minister clearly worried about his chances at the federal election because he's now running a charm offensive with the Teals. He had them over to the lodge for cocktails. Here's what they said outside.
Speaker 3: Doctor Ryan, what do you hope to discuss tonight with the Prime Minister?
Speaker 6: Future plans bring you a community independent is something new? So I think it's just you know, applauding that.
Speaker 2: But I think us being here tonight actually just shows that we have respect for the process. Now, you don't say no to the Prime Minister. It's a respectful invitation and may mob. We're low late, rich O, you know what is going on here? And don't you think that people who are living in electorates where there are TiAl and peace, they need to know which way the Teals are going to vote if there's a hung parliament.
Speaker 11: Well, and I don't think the Teals know how are they going to vote? You've got to remember that this is very loose organization. It's not exactly a party with a proper constitution and rules and everything else. He's a pretty ragtag mob.
Speaker 7: Who knows what they're going to do.
Speaker 11: If they don't know, how the hell are we going to know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they probably have a fair idea my core. I mean, they're running in liberal seats. All of their language is in opposition to the Liberals. We know they're voting record that's been in the news the past couple of weeks. You know, what do you think?
Speaker 10: I tend to think the Teals are in trouble ellectorally. The margins in Victoria, at least in Goldston and Kyon are narrow. Don't forget eighty percent of Teal voters were labor voters before they voted Teal. The labor votes collapsed, primary votes collapsed in Victoria, and it's collapsing in New South Wales. The Teals represent a lot of areas where they are Jewish voters. By the way, for example, Goldstein, where Zoey Daniel couldn't wait to sign the unrefunding letter restoration of unrefunding letter as did other Teals. I think modernk Ryan signed it as well, So I think they tend to be in they're intending to be in trouble, and of course Albos has to try and win them over because he may need them. Although I think the way things are going not even the tools will be able to save elbow.
Speaker 2: All right, rich oh, Michael Kroagai and cut this just a tiny bit shot today because we're going to get to Max Viva now in Israel. Thank you so much, always so wise. Great to have you one. All right, I'm joined now by the Israeli content creator, Max Viva, who's at the center of this video that has blown up and made the news today. Max, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Welcome, hey everyone, thank you for having me here.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for being here. You've had a million media requests and this is your exclusive interview, so really appreciate it. Max. Let's start by replaying a little bit of that video. Let's have a look. I won't freak them up, kill them.
Speaker 3: I have a question though, Okay, you have no idea how many Israeli dog came to this hospital, and I've been at the Jahanna.
Speaker 2: Max. I want to start by saying, I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Most Australians are not like this. Most Australians stand with you and stand with your people and stand with Israel, and have done so, especially since October seven. Thank you. You didn't deserve this, look Ken, Thank you.
Speaker 4: You know it's been a dream of mine actually to come visit Australia and hope one day actually I'll come to Australia.
Speaker 2: Come come, We'd love to have you. But can you start by telling us how this video happened last night overnight.
Speaker 4: I understand last night, so as you know, I create content on Amigo where I expose people, where I talk with other with different people from all over the world, and last night I was talking with these two doctors, two nurses. Turns out their nurses, not even doctors. As soon as they found out that I'm from Israel, the started cursing me and threatening me that they're gonna kill me, that they're never gonna treat Israeli patients at their hospitals. I was shocked. It's it's insane that so far away in Australia the hate has gone so far, Like is there a country far is then Australia like to Israel, it's so far and the the the raising anti Semitism is just growing and growing in Australia and it's crazy. I know, it's I was shocked, but I had a mission to accomplish, you know, I had to expose them, so I had to to stay calm and and and get as much info as I can so I can post it and show my people and we can find them, you know.
Speaker 2: And that was so impressive, just how came you were as they were threatening you. As the one nurse who has been identified today, her name is Sarah, you know, she's been named and shamed across all of the media. You know, she said to you that she wishes that you would have a horrible death, and Max, you thought to ask her what happens? And if an Israeli comes into your hospital and they said they wouldn't treat them, they'd kill the Israeli. I mean, what what was your reaction?
Speaker 4: They don't kill the Israelies and they killed the Israelies. So I think they should launch another investigation, you know, to look up if they've done anything, you know, in the past, because the way they were talking is just I don't know. I mean, I exposed to nurses, but how many else are there, you know, like you got to look into the stuff, you know, run check round like yes, check everyone, and always say it's just I don't know, it's just concerning. It's concerning me that it's like I'm talking with people from from Australia and.
Speaker 2: It's shocking, Jucky and you probably don't know this, but the Health Minister did come out today and he said they would have an investigation into how past patients at Bangstown Hospital were treated. Those two are actually nurses, not doctors, not that that makes a difference. You know, health professionals within the New Southwest public Health system. They have been sacked. Even the Prime Minister spoke about this in question time today. So Maxis has been taken very seriously what you've managed to expose. You know, a lot of us in Australia we know this anti Semitism exists. There's been a crime wave here, We've had a preschool fire bomb, we've had a synagogue burnt down, cars are being torched, but it's very rare that you actually get someone in a professional environment on camera. So it's made such a big impact today. Have you, as an Israeli been surprised at this level of anti Semitism in Australia and around the world look sad.
Speaker 4: Anti Semitism, unfortunately, is growing and growing ever since the war started two years ago. It's just it has grown tremendously. Like everyone hates me on that, but seeing doctors, seeing nurses, seeing medical stuff that's supposed to treat people, everyone that's supposed to take care of people, seeing them saying these things just made me. Yeah, made me sad and made me you know, I don't know who I can trust anymore. You know, if God forbid them in a hospital anywhere, Like, can I trust them? Can I like, if I go on there anesthesia? Can I trust these doctors? Should I ask them? Should I tell them I'm from Israel?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Is it going to make a difference?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And those are the questions not just Israelis, but Jewish Australians will be asking now as well. Now, Max, Instagram has now taken down your video expose using this What was that reason for removing it?
Speaker 4: I didn't go into details, actually, but you know it's their algorithm is probably AI generated and I actually issued an appeal and hopefully they'll restore the video. I think they said something harassment and threats, probably because they were threatening me and Instagram took it down. I hope they'll like restore the video shortly, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe I'll re upload it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you definitely.
Speaker 4: I hope the mission has accomplished.
Speaker 2: We got them exactly. I'm sure this has had a big impact on any of your exposes so far.
Speaker 4: Just finally, I want to thank everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally, Max, what's your message to the Prime Minister of Australia given this level of anti semitism you have now witnessed and brought to the surface.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope, I hope, I kind of. I hope I opened their eyes a little bit, uh to this tremendous anti Semitism that is going on in their country, in Australia, And I hope they're they'll finally start taking actions and to prevent uh, these these events from happening. And because you know, it's not the only case. I just recorded it, right and I dropped it on the internet. But how many other cases are happening in Australia. How many other events synagogues that that are I don't know, burned down and different things that that are happening. You should take this seriously and not you should just take this seriously. I have no other words. I mean, we do people were We want to live peacefully with everyone and we Israelitis. We don't want to like go to hospitals or to different countries and experience this hate for no reason. So a country should take care of it, you know, put some budget into into investigating these things. Put some budget into fighting anti semitism, you know, change these things. We're hoping for a better world, for a better Australia.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. That's all Jewish Australians want as well. We just want to live in peace as we always have done before. This truly unprecedented in Australia. It is unprecedented, unprecedented rise in anti Semitism that you have played such a big role in exposing Max. It was there, You've brought it to the surface and our country will be just a little bit safer tonight without those nurses working at backs Down Hospital. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I want to thank you everyone. I want to thank you everyone, the Jewish community, my Christian friends, everyone who has helped us to bring this story, to find them, to fire them, and it's just I mean it show us that we can unite sometimes against evil.
Speaker 2: Indeed, indeed it does Max. Thank you very much for joining us, and stay safe. Thank you all right. Well still to come after the break the eyewatering amount of money spent on welcome to country ceremonies. David Coleman will join me, plus the journalist who was abused by one of the nurses family members, he'll join me, Life, welcome back. Well, still to come, the new South Wales Health Minister and Liam Mendes. But first let's have a look at this story in the Daily Telegraph today. The defact spent one hundred thousand dollars on welcome to country ceremonies over the two years to July twenty twenty four, and two examples of this were six six hundred dollars on a smoking and welcome to country ceremony in October twenty twenty three, and then five and a half thousand dollars on a welcome to country in March twenty twenty three for a delegation from Malaysia. Shadow Foreign Afairs Minister David Coleman joins me. Now, David, thanks for your time. Will these ceremonies be a focus for the coalition if you win government.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, Shari, I mean we've got to spend every cent carefully. We are in a cost of living crisis the making of the Albanese government. And for ordinary Australians to see six figure amount spent just within one department, within Defat on these ceremonies, most people would say that's far too much. Now, there were occasions where these ceremonies can be appropriate, but to be dozens and dozens of them, and the government needs to have its hands on the lever controlling public spending. And Minister Wong is responsible for this. I mean she's the boss of the department. And the minister either stands behind this expenditure or she doesn't, and she should be held accountable for it.
Speaker 2: Where do you draw the line when it comes to welcome to country ceremony? You know we've heard this Enterprise say there's too many of them. But how do you determine if they should or shouldn't take place?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, look, I think you've got to use common sense. And there'll be some occasions, as I said, Shara, with major events and so on, where it may be appropriate, but it's certainly not appropriate. It basically every time a group of people get together, which is what seems to be happening now, and we've got to be sensible about this. It's not Penny Wong's money, it's not Anthony Alberanzi's money. It's the money of everyday Australians and of course we've got to be cautious in how we spend that. And that's what they haven't done here, and that's what we would do in government.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about the trade tariffs that Trump has signed an executive order on. He says he's giving consideration to exempting Australia from the latest round of tariffs. But his top trade advisor, Pete Navarro, who I know quite well, he's singled out Australia for criticism.
Speaker 7: Have a look, Australia is just killing our aluminum market and the President Trump says, no, no, we're not, We're not doing that anymore.
Speaker 2: So, David, this is a difficult situation because clearly Malcolm Turnbull in the past and Scott Morris in the past did manage to negotiate these exemptions with Trump. But now there's a Prime minister who's criticized the President in the past, and ambassador who's done the same, and a foreign minister who's done the same, and I just I'm not hopeful, I'm not overly hopeful that if Albanezy couldn't convince Trump in a forty minute call, well, I mean this comes in in about three weeks time. What's your perception. Well, well, we see Chario.
Speaker 5: Look and the right thing to do here is focus on our national interest, and our national interest is we don't want these tariffs on Australian goods because that's bad for Australia. And so we've all got to in a sense, hope the government gets this right, and they should because we did it.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 5: The circumstances are very similar. The Coalition was able to manage it. And it is very unfortunate that the prime ministers made those remarks in the past, that Minister Wong's made those remarks, Kevin Rudd's made those remarks, and we hope that that doesn't have a bearing on this because this is important in our national interest and we've got strong arguments. We've got a trade surplus, the US has a trade surplus with US. We're spending heavily in the US defense infrastructure. So very strong arguments here and the government just needs to get it done.
Speaker 2: All right, David Coleman, appreciate your time. Now still to come, New South Wales Health Minister Ryan Park will be on the show and I'll ask him about whether this is a cultural problem in the health system and at Bangstown Hospital. Plus Leah Mendy's will be live from Bangstown Police Station. How he felt being chased and abused by the nurses. That's coming up. Welcome back, okay, let's bring in New South Wales Health Minister Ryan Park. Now, Ryan, thank you for your time. Look, first I want to ask you what your immediate reaction was this morning when I sent you the video.
Speaker 1: Well, when you sent me the video and I had a look at it, I literally couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was shocked, horrified, appalled.
Speaker 10: I looked at it.
Speaker 1: Multiple times, I went back through it. I couldn't believe that in twenty twenty five two healthcare workers would behave in such a disgusting and appalling and shocking way. And from that moment on, I was determined that those people would never work in New South Wales health again, and they be never responsible for patients in the care of a system that I'm the Minister for.
Speaker 2: Clearly you've said they're never going to work in New South Wales health system. But does APRA also now need to remove their nursing license, their nursing registration? You know what other action needs to happen because no one would feel safe, whether it's in public system or in private system, being treated by either of these nurses.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. And can I say from the very outset chari that I'm very sorry to the Jewish community We've let them down today. Public health is a bedrock of an Australian society, and it's a bedrock of a New South Wales society, and today we let them down in no uncertain term. This morning, once I got that video from you, I immediately contacted the Health Secretary of Susan Pierce and from then we began contacting the Healthcare Complaints Commission, who in turn started engaging with OPRAH and others, and that process is now underway. I don't, in any way, shape or form want to see these people work in a private system, in a public system, in a hospital, in an age care setting anywhere in this country. And I will do my very best to make sure that that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: And I really appreciate your strong comments today, your strong and decisive action, and also the sentiments you express there for the Jewish community. We really appreciate that you've said now that you're going to commence an investigation or ask the health department to start an investigation examining the past patients who've been treated at Bangstown Hospital. Where is that up to so far? And have you uncovered any red flags at the point I realize it's only been so today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: That's fine, completely reasonable.
Speaker 1: Look, Shari, one of the things that I need to do is over the next few days, weeks and months is try and re establish that trust with the Jewish community and their local health and hospital services in their own community, no matter where they live. Now to do that, what I've got to try and do is make sure that these individuals have not been responsible for any adverse patient outcomes in the past. Now, when we've done an initial very very desktop scan, not diving into issues, but very desktop scan, the Bankstown Hospital doesn't stand out as an outlier in relation to patient complaints or adverse outcomes. Now, what we will start to do is through their supervisors, which will be a very thorough, detailed and extensive search examine if there have been any adverse outcomes that may be attributable to this type of view that was shared by these two individuals in that shocking video that you sent me this morning.
Speaker 2: Do you think there also needs to be examination of the wider workplace, particularly at Bangstown Hospital, to make sure that their supervisor that other colleagues don't share these sort of views because they felt so comfortable expressing them openly in a busy hospital, now.
Speaker 1: That's what concerned me. There was seemingly no concern that they were in the uniform, that they were in a public hospital, that they were meant to be caring for patients in their care. That seemed to be all forgotten. Now this morning I spoke with and I've had a number of conversations with the chief executive of Southwest Sydney Local Health District. I've also spoken with the general manager of that hospital. Tomorrow morning, I'll be going out to that hospital with Secretary Susan Pierce and meeting with staff. I'll be doing two things, Shari. To be honest, I'll be making it very clear that this type of behavior has no place in society, let alone in our public health facilities. But I'll also be making it clear Shari that I know that the vast majority of the one hundred and eighty or one thousand people who work for New South Wales Health go to work every day just wanting to look after patients and do the very best thing for the people they care for. I know that. I know that as their minister. But these two individuals have absolutely let down, not only just in terms of a work that in our community.
Speaker 2: Just very quickly in terms of a workplace review. I understand you'll be visiting there, but shouldn't there be some sort of independent workplace review to make sure these views aren't more widespread, particularly at Bangstown Hospital.
Speaker 1: Well, part of our investigation, Shari, will be have a look at the culture at that hospital and to whether there are issues in that hospital that have allowed this to take place. I'm not making that accusation in any way, shape or form. I can tell you that I will be getting to the bottom of how these two individuals felt so comfortable to be able to express such vile, disgusting and hate filled speech in a way that they did so whilst in uniform, whilst meant to be looking after patients in their care, whilst in a public hospital that people rely on to deliver healthcare in the most vulnerable of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Ryan Park, appreciate your time and, as I've said multiple times tonight, really appreciate your strong and quick action on this issue. Thank you so much. Now let's quickly bring in Liam mend Is. He's outside Bangstown Police station now, Liam, thanks for joining us. Can you tell us what is happening on the ground in Bangstown, particularly with the police tonight.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me share. It's obviously a horrific situation that's unfolded in the last twelve hours. I've been working through Bankstown today in the Southwest Sydney region and we've been trying to get in touch with these two individuals. I did speak to missus Ladier earlier this afternoon. He spoke through the gate of his the closed gate of his home. It appeared had been through a lot of tears. But you know, he did not want to face the cameras. He asked us to put our cameras away. He did not want to say sorry on camera. Yet that was the same that Sarah. Her family told me that she was still inside her home buying having a panic attack. They said that, you know, they were possibly considering calling an ambulance for her. You know, obviously they've had a huge amount of public backlash, but at the end of the day, this is real, horrific comments that they have said without any form of sympathy towards Israeli people at all. Now police here are taking a very they're investigating this. They've been to own hospital earlier today obtain CCTV footage. It's expected that they will also be appearing here at the station at some point to be spoken to by police.
Speaker 2: All right, Leah Mendy's amazing reporting today as always extraordinary journalists. Thank you for your time. After the break, Bridget McKenzie, we'll be back in a minute. Welcome back, and Johnny Minow is National Senate leader. Bridget mackenzie. Bridget, thank you for your time. What is your view on the Albanezy government considering buying out collapsed airline recks.
Speaker 12: Great to be with you, Sharhi Well, I think this is going to be a problem for the over forty regional airlines that are already servicing regional communities who want a chance to actually grow that they'll be eventually competing against a government owned airline with very very deep pockets. We want to see regional communities connected. We've been fighting for affordable, accessible aviation services into the regions. But what you've seen the government do with this announcement today is essentially back the TWUS hand picked what solution, which is actually no solution at all and just shows how incompetent this government is on aviation policy. You know, we've had REX up for sale for over seven months. There is no buyer, but we know that there's regional airlines out there operating right now who'd love a chance to grow their business, and yet this minister and this government hasn't chosen to meet with them for two and a half years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's appalling. There is an argument that's been put forward that regional Australians would welcome the government's takeover because they say REX is needed in these regional areas where the other airlines aren't yet traveling to those places. What's your response to this argument.
Speaker 12: Well, I think it shows that if the government actually had have been on the front foot when this first happened, a bearing in mind the failure of Rex came four months after another regional airline went bust under the Albanzi government, being Bonza. If the government had have acted swiftly then to go towards an industry led solution, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. The fact is, what we want to see is exactly what everyone out in the regions wants is for regional Australians not to be stranded and so making sure that we can actually have a viable operation going that's not going to see local businesses go under as a result of having to compete with the government is our concern.
Speaker 2: Cay Bridget, We've only got one minute left. I apologize. I just want to ask you about your support for Pauline Hanson's push for an inquiry into the medical treatment for transgender children.
Speaker 12: Here. Look, I believe the Parliament's a place we should be able to have the difficult conversations the challenging issues that our nation confronts, and that's why I voted in favor of the inquiry. I believe this is an issue that we need to have a serious and substantial conversation about. Get the experts in protect witnesses and debate it. I'm an old phys ed teacher. I want to at a personal level on the substantive issue the inquiry aside. I don't want to see girls competing against biological males in sport.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's fair. Absolutely all right, Bridget McKenzie, thank you so much. And I apologize, Shari. I apologize we had less time than usual. It's been a big show. I'll make it up to you next time. And I just want to say to everyone at home, thank you for the hundreds and hundreds of emails with your sugestions for antisemitism. Keep them coming. Summit at skynews dot com dot au, we're reading moll. I'll see you tomorrow at eight o'clock, but stay tuned because Paul Mari is up next.