Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to the Daily Telegraph. In our podcast, yes it's Tuesday, it's not a Monday. We're pushed back by the King's King's birthday. Was King's birthday week? Holiday? Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: Everything's delayed by the king's birthdays.
Speaker 1: We never know because we see anyway. Matt and Carnation. Pam Whaley, Mate, you're on. You're making a no fatima today to look excited up off the bench.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, it's good to be. It's good cracking weekend.
Speaker 1: You'd be up and about your panthers had a win on Sunday. You're excited to be fair.
Speaker 2: I got I got bash bladed security guard downstairs because the Panthers reserved grade team lost. Oh wow, generally up on my taste. But whenever a Panther's affiliated tickets, it's loss. I get accosted.
Speaker 1: Are you good weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, at a good weekend? Just did some life admin lifem lots of cooking, cleaning. Well, you know you're getting your life in order.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know you do you washing and make.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who's got their life in order. This is a good segue the bulldogs because they are flying at the moment. I was actually out there on Sunday. I left before kickoff Monday Monday, Sorry, I had to go and do three sixty. But when I left it was about five minutes full kickoff, and the queues outside the ground were ridiculous, Like we're talking foremosts from the gates to the car park. When the do the dogs are back, the crowds are out, it's it's so good for the game, to be honest, the dogs going well.
Speaker 2: I was out there too. I was down there where the Bulldogs end was I think, but it felt like that both ends of the ground. It was either when parascore there was heaps of Para fans. With the bulldogscre there heaps of Bulldogs fans. I was in the middle of two massive drums, so whenever the Bulldogs scored, it was absolutely chaos scenes out there.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you on the game drums at the football because I'm an old man and we hate noise.
Speaker 4: Why do you go to the foot because famously lots of noises just digress temporary.
Speaker 1: My two pets, the footy drums and loud ground announswers cannot cop them too loud, too noisy.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about flares?
Speaker 1: I'm okay with as long as the going to go on the ground where the flares are on Sunday.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, I'm just trying to figure out where the line is.
Speaker 1: What do you think? It was pretty? It was a great It was a great day for rugby league. Sorry it keeps on Sunday Monday.
Speaker 4: It certainly was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We've talked a lot on this podcast about the Bulldogs, whether we think for their going to make it make the finals, whether they've turned a corner.
Speaker 4: It seems like they definitely have.
Speaker 1: I reckon that was a pivotal game for them. Yeah, just because Para is obviously one of those teams that may make a run and they've sort of sunk the boot into a bit and I opened up a bit of a gap on them, and I've had a look at the drawer. I think their draw is pretty good and they run home the dogs. There are a few injuries now though, but you know, I think the top eight's realistic now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there'll be plenty more drums in your good But we're just throw about all these injuries, like every time someone went down locked yesterday. You just thought that they were going to fall over. I mean, the their forward line, it seemed like the power just going to crash through them. But they just kept coming back, coming back. It's one of the best wins I've seen them having a long long time. So yeah, yeah, there's plenty of bit excited.
Speaker 4: About in the last couple of weeks as well, because they had was it.
Speaker 3: They beat Newcastle the week before without Matt Burton, and I think that was really that was really important for them too. And then just to be able to put these games back to back and just kind of keep soldering on, it's very very impressive.
Speaker 1: I mean you look at those injuries at the moment. Obviously I lost a few of the week and I'm just checking with I. They've got the buy this week, right, So so all those guys who had Hias, the Currans, the Haywoods, they'll be back for the next game because the buye this week. But obviously Jake Preston has been really good from great Discovery the last couple of years. Broke an ankle, kick out, still out at a car, still out. They're doing it without some big an. The guy is really impressed. Man, Mattie. He's a guy you know. Well Steve Crichton, I mean how good he is unbelievable. He's got better yeah this year and he was great at Penrith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's his leadership. Dave Ricky I wrote a really good Colin story a couple of weeks ago, just before Origin, where he's got handshakes for every single Bulldogs player and he's trying to do it for every single Blues player too. I think it's it's very on brand for Crichton. But he's just he's doing leadership in his own way and it's just it's.
Speaker 3: Cool to see a player step out of that Penrith system though and do even better and kind of the spotlight is all on him. There's so much pressure walking into that job at the Bulldog So right, he's the marquee signing, he's the captain. You know, he's the best center in Australia. Is he going to be able to pull this team up? And he's been able to do it, and yeah, he's just playing amazing footy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about the leadership thing. I think he's caught a lot of us off guard. I don't think anyone realized how great the leader he was because you know Pentuther's yeo and there's Cleary and those sort of guys. So I don't think we really appreciated how good a leader he was. But you know, you talk to people at Canterbury and cam Serrealdo and those guys, they said from day Dodd he was the bloke. He led the way of training and he's just a pro. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think coming tenk coach, I think there were people that were doubting is So he's definitely the kind of coach that knows what kind of personalities he's got in his players. So yeah, lots of drums beaning out of Belmore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sadly. Michie Boy Mitchie moses. What do we make of his performance for the Eels? Was it enough for you?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Enough? I mean, obviously i'm talking with origin of mind.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't know. I feel like I'm sitting on the fence a little bit about it.
Speaker 1: There's no space for sitting on.
Speaker 3: Yes, he should be there. I don't think that that was a super performance though. I think maybe the game was there for the taking and those are the games that should be iced and he needs to be icing those games.
Speaker 4: What do you think.
Speaker 1: Mitch was pretty critical of himself, and we had him on three sixteen and interviewed him, and he basically took a large part of the blame and said, I should got them over the line. He's probably right, right, I mean, the half back dictates. We always say the half back dictates the result, and the good half back stand up when the game's in the line. I think, yeah, I think Mitch knew that he hadn't got the job done yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember what the score was when who was it that went to kirk Man? When kirk Man went to the bin and they had the Dog's pin on their line for about three or four sets, and you could just see from from behind the place how much the Dog's pack was struggling. I just thought, para, Mitch was just going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and set up his falls and crashed through. That's where they looked really weak. But it just didn't happen. And kind of these times of the year where you want your best Blues players to be kind of stepping up, like a few did over the weekend. Mitch wasn't quite there, but I mean there's no dubt. It will be picked right. There's I know Nico didn't play over the week and they're both playing this weekend. Niko's got the Thursday game, but I think it might just kind of assumes that Mitch is going to get that spot.
Speaker 1: He started the game really well though, Mitch. He was really involved and I'm running the football, and then he just sort of drifted out of it a bit.
Speaker 4: But even the week before, like the week before, he was great. Yeah, right, he was back.
Speaker 3: He was just you know, putting kicks just on a dime. Everywhere he was directing, he was at his best. And then yeah, that that game was there for the taking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, I think that just quickly back to the dogs before we move on. I think they'll make the eight. Now, what do you guys, what do you think you got him in there?
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, they are we there now?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, they got to buy this week.
Speaker 2: So yeah, a kick out in a fox in I think there's I think they might want some backup kind of in the in the falls in the front rail and if they dag someone or here they've got injured at the moment. But yeah, definitely. If they that momentum, that trajectory, just can't deny them.
Speaker 1: So we talked about mischie Moe's for Origin. What about the great man Latrelle, I've got him in I reckon he's in Latrell. I think he's done enough outstanding on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm really intrigued here because clearly Madge wanted to see something out of him, or a lot of people wanted to see something out of him, and now that he has shown that over the last couple of weeks. I looked up his stat I looked that up while he was playing. Actually, these are the most amount in the five week period. He's got ten triasis. It's the most amount in his career. So people talking about whether his informat of form or he's been a little bit scratch, and he has been. But in terms of trying to step up and lead a team, he's done that. So I don't image has his reason so for not picking in game one. So it'll be really interesting to see what happens from him.
Speaker 4: Are expecting mass changes in the blue stand?
Speaker 1: Do you think, well, there's some force funes right, I mean swally, he's not there, assumed Le Martin will be all right. I mean there's question Mark him his question Mark over Mali and then Niggahans not playing, Mitch Moses coming in. You can you can argue that was not a force change. But Mitch would have been there before the series started. It was only through injury, wasn't there. So you know, I think you can explained away a lot of I think Madge can explain away a lot of the changes that he will expecting to make. Maybe five maybe you can explain a lot of that. Like Jilan Edwards comes back, he'll get named today and probably play this weekend, right, so he would have been there. Mitch would have been there. There's two changes straight away that aren't really thought that they're not. They're not so much force changes the changes you make, but the change you would have made if those guys are so, you can explain them away, right, I mean, really the only ones are I reckon. I mean, you know, obviously a force change because the trail comes in. Imagine the trail or Raymian stags Tongo, who else Burton's in the mix there? I think are we all in agreement? The troll just comes in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are we?
Speaker 4: Are we crazy.
Speaker 2: I think fans are really I think fans are crazy, They're really fickle.
Speaker 1: But I think on Trell's divisive, right, He's just that's just the way people viewing. He's polarizing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But when he puts two or three weeks of performances like he has and he's not in that Game one team and we've lost, and they're just going to expect him to be in there. But Madge obviously has his reasons. He wants to see something like I understand Latrell hasn't been as warm to the preparation some of the meetings in the lead up to So it'll be interesting to see how whether Mage sticks to his guns, because he's he's a very he's a guy that he can be a stubborn coach at times, like he sticks to his own philosophies. He's got his own values.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, this is the issue a super Madge, right if he if he doesn't pick Latrell and they lose, he's left himself wide open, absolutely, completely wide open to being yeah smashed, basically because I think now even Latrell's most art and critics think he should be there. Yeah, and you've got people like Andrew John's coming out and saying he needs to be there, and some of the legends of the game have said, you've just got to pick him. So I don't really think he's got a choice.
Speaker 3: We're not really saying anything different than people don't already know that Latrell is just kind of an enigmatic player who.
Speaker 4: On his day he's just the best player in the game.
Speaker 3: You know, he could He's the guy that Queensland would be afraid of because they don't really know what to expect from him. He can just run straight through them. He can create anything, as you said, the triassysts that are coming from his hands. He can just create anything. So he should be there just based on kind of that alone, Right, what do you do if.
Speaker 2: You're in Magistrates? But because I was talking to a maid of mind about this on the weekend, and with Latrell, it's always he's I think two or three times in the past. Was his last game twenty one or was it nineteen, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: No, it's place, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's I think two or three times he said no he's made himself unavailable or like it's always got to do with Latrell's timing and whether he wants to play Origin or not not, Like you know, I'll throw all my eggs in there. I'll do whatever you want. There's been, you know, like I brought up before the preparation, a couple of meetings that he preferred not to go to. If your madge, do you stick to your values or do you just about a public opinion in Latrell's form and that.
Speaker 1: Kind, Well, you want to win, right, you just pick your best team. If he's in your best team, I think you just got to pick him twenty one. It's amazing to think it's been three years since you played Original Patrel that you know. I just think you're you're right as a Qualma Queenslander, proud Queenslander. Latrell scares me more than anyone. Yeah, there's no one else that in that team that really.
Speaker 4: Life in general, specifically football football terms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's he's the guy I can just win it on his Yeah. So you know, if i'm McQueen's and I from Billy Slater, He's the last girl I want to see in you said Wales team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for Origin teams though, right, this is a this is a team that kind of belongs to this state. I think that there are you know, coaches can have their philosophies and their values and things like that, but if you've got a player who is ready and willing, and he's one of the best players in the state, you just pick him and you figure out a way to make her work, because that's just kind of what you've got to do, because.
Speaker 4: You've got to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Latroll's made it.
Speaker 3: Let me.
Speaker 1: People say he's got to come out and declare he wants to play. Well, I know we we hate social a lot of us hate social media, but he did that on social media. He came out publicly a week or so ago and said I believe Blue, you know. So then he put up that insta post of him.
Speaker 4: Very very.
Speaker 1: So let's agree. We'll agree on that one. Right, He's got to come in. Edwards comes in. Humm, yep, Moses in, yep. What do you do Cam Murray's a chance of playing this weekend? If not, yeah, I think they might have been picked Cam even if he doesn't come back. But do you bring Cam Murray straight back in? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Based on previous Yeah, his history, he doesn't need much. He'll play me in the middle. Yeah, he'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, and Matt Burton and to the side somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's the only outside you've got Latrell, the Swally selection. I think the only other one that fan they helped the unforced change is Burden. I think fans everyone knows that you need to game one show that you need a utility. I'm still burning from when we didn't pick.
Speaker 4: It too mad about that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that we still have to make these mistakes too to learn the lesson do you need it game?
Speaker 1: What's that four?
Speaker 2: We got four changes, but it's magic philosophy. What's that not going with four forwards and not having utility on the bench. He really wants the back.
Speaker 1: You've got a plan, got to You've got to. You've got to be malleable, right as this coach. You've got it, because you've got It's not looking in the all season. We've got twenty seven twenty four, seven weeks yet, right, twenty four games. You've got three weeks. It's three games. You've got to nail it from the start. Yeah, and he didn't nail game obviously, get didn't help, but That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: So we obviously had an idea game on how he wanted to play, but it obviously all went out the window.
Speaker 1: Got to adjust on the run. So he's got to adjust and change, you'd hope.
Speaker 2: So we'll see on Sunday.
Speaker 1: If Martin and Olakau or one of both of them are out. What are we looking out there in the back row? We mentioned Murray, Yeah, potentially Mitch Barnette.
Speaker 4: Mitch Barnett. Potentially he was in the squad in the first place, so he thinks that right, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we've just made mass changes. Yep, yeah, I love it. I love it. Changes nothing better.
Speaker 4: You just you they were forced some of them. Yeah, well we.
Speaker 1: Playing them away. We said, we've given manager a tip on how it can explain these these changes are way speaking of saving injury face Brandon Smith, this is a I mean, there's been lots of whispers and scuttle but about Brandon for a long time now, but obviously things are getting serious because the Roosts have given him a breach notice. He missed a team review last Monday. I think it was after they had lost to the Cowboys and sort of put him on notice. I guess Brandon, it's funny. It's time. There's been he's played some good foot, he's played some bad foot, he's had some injuries, but constantly it's had this. There's these whispers and scuttle but around miss time there. Do you read this as the roosters maybe trying to push him out the door, just put him on notice and made you need to pick up your act.
Speaker 4: I think it's a yeah. I think it's definitely a warning.
Speaker 3: Though, right, it's pick up your act or you are out the door. I don't know whether it's in particular push trying to push him out the door, but more so.
Speaker 4: It's unacceptable. And if how many chances does he get?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: How many susan so? Has he had two breaches?
Speaker 1: Well he was on that podcast with Jimmy Graham and he indicated and he had one. This is the first one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that was very telling that that's just a ruthless thing. Right, it's not a club. It's not a league wide kind of standard where you get you get a couple of breach notices. Is this an internal kind of standard that they've set in terms of no, no, no, that's like employment law it's like us here. If we get three breach notices, they can get rid of us. So we've got to be careful.
Speaker 4: You're on about.
Speaker 1: Last chance. What do you reckon Brandon? I mean it's sort of time. There's been a bit. I don't know. I mean he's on a huge money brandings. I've eight hundred thousand. I think he hasn't really I don't think he's been the player we saw in Melbourne. He's shue glimpses of it, He's had flashes of it. It just hasn't been the same player consistently. But I think this year was This year has been better than last year. He's strong, a few more games.
Speaker 2: I think he had he battled injury a little bit last year too, So I think he's been He's mirrored what the Ruses have been like this year. As the Russes have gone well, he's generally been a part of it. So but it is interesting, I think I think fans I saw this news break yesterday, I thought, oh, yeah, like it's not much. It's just a meeting, But as far as the end result goes, yeah, I don't know. If it's just the start of a push to get him out.
Speaker 1: It was interesting to see his teammates comments too. They were pretty scathing is probably not the right word, but they were pretty blunt with their assessment of Brandon and what's happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think probably fair enough to But you don't often see that do, Like in teammates, you know, publicly say you know, not really good enough.
Speaker 4: Mate. So no, very very interesting.
Speaker 3: But there has just been a little bit of you know, bits and pieces just around him though, right, for quite a while, even the you know, even in the last couple of weeks, there's just been little bits and pieces around Brandon. So but he was like that Melbourne was, Yeah, like he's always just kind.
Speaker 1: Of sheltered Melbourne, right, Yeah, not the public guy. Like, he's such a good fellow, I know, such cracking bloke. Yeah, a bit of an old school sort of Alaric and Go, one of those guys you want to see succeed. Yeah, because he's such a good fella. He's a great interview, he's just a great guy to be around.
Speaker 2: He's find of what makes totally entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing is that we always talk about how there's characters missing in the game. He's genuinely one of them, and you would never want to squash that out of someone to make them put on a front or be dishonest or whatever. You know, he's just authentically himself and we love that. But yeah, I mean, if you want to fit into a club like the Roosters, you've got to find a way to make that work.
Speaker 1: Though, I hopefully you can sort it out because as I said, great Brandon, how.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon the review was of it or by the Rooster's review?
Speaker 1: Well, the Cowboys game wouldn't have been good. They were in a foul mood. That was a shocking performance. Speak your shot is another great segue segways ago, Well, today I reckon killing it speaking of another shocking performance. What about the Tigers on the weekend? Oh? Sorry, it was Thursday Friday, Thursday Thursday. Diabolical, diabolical. And then we see all the rumors come out about Lockey Galvin, the young teenage five eight wants to leave the club. Obviously, the rumors persisting about Stefano Utuo Kaman who wanted to leave at the end of the season. Where's the blue sky for this football team? Where so hard?
Speaker 4: Isn't it like this? To be a Tigers fan.
Speaker 3: I just feel to anyone who's listening as a Tiger's fan, you know, I wish we could give you all hug.
Speaker 4: This is this is just not good.
Speaker 3: I don't know where the blue sky is coming from because this is just about as bad as it has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean Galvin is such an integral part of that. He's got two years left on his deal. Lockey Galvin. After this year it's been playing with a broken hand or broken bone in his hand. He's been a ray of hope for that Footag club this year. A young kid, local kid played five to eight. Been outstanding for him and the team that's really battled. And if you're a Tigers fan you see that he potentially wants to leave, you'd be shadowed.
Speaker 2: And Stefano too. The final thing has been around for a while, but the fallout of this has just been I remember watching that game and thinking, how do they get another sinding? How were they that ill discipline? When Benji went went nuts at them the day before he was at the press conference. Shout out to Tyson Jackson, who Benji loved the question about how bad that ill discipline has been this year and Benji just went at his team so badly and then it took him what, I don't know, it was a second half Sinpin, but it went from that to the fallout of Lockey Galvin and I just, yeah, I can't see any blue sky, especially if they're still going through a roster overhaul, which is all of their own doing. It's that's that's not old management. A lot of that's new management. Some of those decisions. I don't know what Richo has done, what kind of deals he's gotten overseas. I believe he's back, right, So I don't know if there's been any progress there. But while that's going on in the background.
Speaker 1: To the Sullivan deal, happened before he got there, the Stefano clauses, that was before Richo got there. Shane Richardson so one of them. He has inherited a lot of this and.
Speaker 2: That's but when some of those deals kicked off by bench, Benji's been there. Yeah. So the Sullivan deal.
Speaker 1: Which was four years and Benji was involved in that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And finally that was another Benji too, right, and then they picked up another they went Caesar and Luai. Yeah, So all those decisions I know it's not all on bench.
Speaker 1: But now Benji was there during that period. There's no doubt about that. So but I'm saying, but Richo's the guy is now who trying to resolve it all and sort it out. And I mean that was Galvin's a big issue for them because Stefano. They're actually powerless to do anything about Stefano because he's got this clause in his contract. Galvin's got a contract two years ago. Rich I was saying, where the digger and our heels is going nowhere? Do you have a view on that? Is that the right stance if he wants to go?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is what we this is what we talk about though, right if you you've got to make it so that that player actually wants to be there. If he doesn't want to be there, then what is the like there is no point he's just not going to get any better or he's not going to develop. If you have someone who doesn't want to play and you've exhausted every avenue to get the best out of them and to make it a working environment, then it's just never going to be a happy relationship.
Speaker 4: Even because how long.
Speaker 1: Has he got left on his two years left so and they've offered if he drops the request for release, they've offered the table and extension upgrade to him. He's on decent money, he's not. He's eighteen year old kid, he's in Yeah, these I heard some suggesting he was on one fifty this year, two fifty three fifty the next two years. He'd be twenty years older than three hund and fifty grand. And they've offered to upgrade and extending, So you would have thought they might push up the five hundred grand for the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: That's But if if you're an eighteen year old kid and staring at three straight years of losses, they're looking at their fourth spoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, but if you're an eight year old kid playing six and you've got a chance to play with jer own law next year, I mean that's I find that reason that i'd find that reasonably attractive proposition. Weren't you or not? Well?
Speaker 4: But I mean, yes, for sure.
Speaker 3: But I think that you can understand where, especially where Richo is coming from, where he said, you know, we made these in stakes seven years ago, or the club made these in stakes seven years ago, and let all these players go. They obviously let Mitch Moses go, they let James Tedesco go. They've left so many different players, popen Houses.
Speaker 2: Woods, Quicker, the Big four. So pick four.
Speaker 4: Do you remember what a flashback get on the bus it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you can understand why you don't want to keep going making the same mistakes again and losing your good players or you know you're good kids, because that ruins your future. But what is the immediate fix to make it an attractive place to be because.
Speaker 4: Even you look at the spine itself, it's not that bad. Like, well, I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Can you explain to the audience what exactly are the rules in terms of when clubs approach players who are still under contract, because there is the hard rule about you can't talk. You can't offer them a deal before the last they entered their one.
Speaker 1: They're very they're very murky the rules around them. But you can't from memory that change the rules. Now, you used to be able to speak to someone, So if you're two years aft a new deal, I could say to you, a Matt, a couple of years when you come off contract, let's have a chat. Right, You couldn't table an offer, but now you're actually, I'm pretty sure not even allowed to speak to someone to lend end of the last year of their deal. So no clubs should be talking to Galvan or his agent about the future at all.
Speaker 2: They can't have a cup of coffee. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean obviously that you can't. Please, how do you police that? It's impossible to police. But you're supposed to the agents and the clubs are supposed to keep all records negotiation now so when deals are signed off on at the NRL, the club is and the agent's got to hand over all the records. They've got to keep records of all conversations. They've got to handle that information of the NRL nowadays, so it's a lot stricter. And still, you know, a club, like a random club just going up to his agent, going, mate, if you can get him out of that deal, give us a call. We're lining to approved that you can't, don't you know, if you're a smart club, don't send a text message. Just just have a general conversation and no one keeps a record of that.
Speaker 2: Are you happy? How's your family?
Speaker 1: By the way, when's Calvin coming off contract? We want a piece of It's really hard to police, but it is more. It's stricter than it used to be. And obviously rich I said, if we find out anyone spoken the galve and we're going to put you straight to the NRL. You know, it's a pretty hard line stance. I just think, I think the thing that happened seven years ago with Teddy and Woodsy and Books and Mitch at the time, you look at those guys, what they went on to do. It devastated that club and they've never I mean, they've been in a decade long hold, but if they had those three blokes, they probably would have got out of it bore now, so I can understand why rich I is digging his heels in. As I said. Stefano is a completely different issue because they're actually powerless to keep Stefano if he doesn't play. So if he misses the next Origin game and they missed the finals, the fins free to do what he wants and that's going to be real. And they've offered him a good deal. It's five years, four million dollars, but he'll get more than that in the open market. I know the club that's going to give him offer him a million bucks. A year. So you know, I think the issue there is I think they have to come in harder at Stefano when they made him the offer, they should have made it almost impossible for him to say no. They've given him five years, five million bucks, and they've got the cap room, They've got loads of cap space. How can you say, I know, how you say no to that? Your front rower? So yeah, it's it's a pretty crucial a couple of weeks and months for the Tigers.
Speaker 2: If you're Lucky Galvin or his manager, what do you need to hear?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I mean, Richard with his parents, I think that maybe even today, I don't know. I think you just want to see some hope, but the just sends to be none at the moment. He's got to sell the dream better to him. I don't I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a lot of really special sales pitchers going on, right because I mean, I wonder if you're a player like Lucky Galvin, and you look at James Tedesco when he made that crucial decision to leave and it turned out to be the best decision that he made.
Speaker 1: You look at Mitch he just played in the Grand finals since he left there, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Conversely you look at Luke Brooks who stayed.
Speaker 1: He started and now desperately got out and made play finals footy this year. So we should touch on that game. You're Panthers pretty good again my weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know that set a high bar there at Penrith and they were down was at twelve four and three.
Speaker 3: Troes humble about another win, come on.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was very interesting that Ivan picked Jerome and Jack Cole and the halves as opposed to Jerome and Brad Schneider I think previously before I think it was before Origin a couple of weeks ago, he had Brad playing half back. But for him there put the faith in Jerome and he got them. You got them over the line of there being four tries to one down and three tries to one down. So a nice lot about face from from only Good. There's some hope for the Tiger's tea because Dromes, Yeah he's done it. He's played really well a couple of weeks now, so yeah, yeah, maybe he needs to do the sales pitch to look.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe well maybe you should get in the phone.
Speaker 4: Could ever be a pro do you reckon that's appropriate? Do you think so?
Speaker 1: I don't think you should do it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not, But do you think it? I know it's a bit weird, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Like if you're playing for Penrith and then to get on the phone and convince the Tigers to keep a player.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad shout if I'm I'm getting on the phone.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good idea, But I don't.
Speaker 1: Get on the phone. It's the final you talk on SA boys, just give you one more year. Yeah, let me show you what it can do. It's not about idea. Maybe you should picture to him next time you see your own. He's a big fan of just a little.
Speaker 2: Life tips for rit.
Speaker 1: What about the Sea was a bit of a frustrating old team merely my life call seem they just they just they have great like the competitive and they have good weeks and they just have these weeks where they just they're just not quite there. Yeah, and now they're in a bit of a dog fight for the top eight because they're locked in that well they dropped out now, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the Dragons Warriors and then mainly.
Speaker 1: It's a dangerous little period for them actually, because they could lose touch on what they haven't looked at their drawer closely enough.
Speaker 2: They had peters on the ropes. Do we know what the what's the latest with how moly? No?
Speaker 1: I haven't checked. Have to check that today'ming to write that down right here, a molely check.
Speaker 4: They play the Dragons on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a big game, that's right. That's a bookie. Yeah, that's a big game, right because the Dragons are ninth, they're.
Speaker 4: Eleventh when they've got the Rabbits.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not a bad few weeks for them.
Speaker 4: And then they have a bye.
Speaker 1: That's the next three. They can win into of those two games and get the and then at some point Tommy comes back. I can't remember when Tommy's due back. He's far away, is he? You know? I think stay in the mix and spit like the nights right. If not, its can stand in the mixed a kaal and gets back me and you can stand in the mixed or Tommy gets back then both they said. I just sort of set for a late reason, late season charge of the finals.
Speaker 4: Tommy is round eighteen two more weeks through my weeks.
Speaker 1: We's get their should check it out when we right down to check to Tommy check. Okay, let's go with what you're watching. That's part of the show. What are you watching, Pam?
Speaker 2: What are you up for us?
Speaker 1: See your show in this my wife watch just show. It drives me insane. I never think I leave the house and.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. You think it's.
Speaker 2: Awful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I really, I really, what is it?
Speaker 2: So this is I was looking for a show, and I've gone to the Panthers game with my sister watching this. Surely I've gone to the Panthers game with my sisters season memberships and they couldn't stop talking about this show. So I've gotten home the other night. I didn't Bridgidson, no doubt. And the way it was described to me was it is a gossip girl in the eighteen hundred or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I watched a couple of that. So yeah, well I watched one and then I went straight to the second one.
Speaker 1: So you've watched Bridges I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't watched the last I watched the first season.
Speaker 1: I haven't obsession.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I really didn't want to admit it, but yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Strange breaking down barriers here on this show we are all about.
Speaker 1: That you got yours is intriguing. What's this.
Speaker 3: It's called Dancing Dancing for the Devil. It's about a TikTok cult, TikTok dance could So it's on Netflix.
Speaker 4: It's a documentary.
Speaker 3: So they're just dances all around the world like they do little TikTok dancers, but they're actually you know, good dancers.
Speaker 4: They dance in you know, Broadway shows and this and that.
Speaker 3: This guy created an agency where he signed a bunch of these dancers and then it's just kind of like a cult where they have to give up, you know, seventy percent of their or whatever percentage of the money that they earn to this guy. They're making some yeah, yeah, they got brand deals and things like that, and it is it kind of they focus on one family in particular, and this one dancer shut out all of her family, just stopped talking to them all together because they kind of that's how they kind of infiltrate you. They just yeah, make you shut out every all the rest of the world. It's so so interesting, very a bit freaky.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that to stop rewatching the show, because you know, I want to give Fox a bit love because we're obviously the news court family. So I actually started watching Game of Thrones again. I love it, went back to the start and started watching it. It was on the other day. It was on whatever that station is. I can't remember the station is, just it's not but it was. Yeah, they all I thought, I want to watch this again box sets because you can you misstuck the first time around some up to series three. Such a good show, Game of Thrones. If you haven't watched Game of Thrones, you're lost. You to find yourself.
Speaker 3: Because well we were talking about this before though, right, so this is it's good timing because the the banners, the house banners have just started to be hung up all around. I think I saw them hung up on the Brooklyn Bridge recently. Because House of the Dragon is coming back, only I think it's the end of it, might be at the end of this month, could be.
Speaker 1: Next week that I need to rewatch because I only watched one episode of that and I never got around to watching the second the second episode of that. It's only one season yet.
Speaker 4: One season. Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I think it might might be arguably the best. Well Seinfeld is the best show mate, but it might be second.
Speaker 2: Is that what you'll be watching on Saturday night? When the Tigers Titans game is on?
Speaker 1: It? Like, well, I want to tell you where it won't be? Like why not? Actually funnily enough Sunday. Just as a sideline, and I just segue very quickly. I mentioned then I'm going to see Jerry Seinfeld in town. Yeah, ago, that's nice. I'm not I'm not excited.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a legend.
Speaker 1: She goes, Okay, you know Erry, I think Jerry, but I just want I just don't know. Always stand up comedy. I find commit When I go to comedy shows, I find them funny for a half hour. Then I start to lose interest. You know, is going to have to work hard to keep me?
Speaker 4: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Is itsdos Bank?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Massive?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So Curtis instead? I like her?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I watched the Tigers. Oh go on, they might go right this week, they might win. This week might be the last ever game A light cut Well within you won't go within your luck anyway, if we should finish on that. Thanks for joining us, and we'll see you next week on The Daddy Telegraph and our old podcast