Speaker 1: Hey, it has just gone eleven to eight. Here you are on over one hundred. We're doing it. Thanks Jo, mates, it's already express. You're on the air with Jas and Lauren Clint here as well.
Speaker 2: Now, this story was in the news all across the weekend. We're about to introduce you to two special guests, doctor John Levin and doctor Yan Ying. Now an ordinary couple from here in Melbourne with a nineteen month old baby boy. Except the plot twist is that John is ninety three years old and hasn't you baby?
Speaker 3: Good morning John, Good morning yan Ying. Right now, this is a story.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 3: How much does say as a.
Speaker 5: New mums busy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, busy, I bet.
Speaker 2: Now this is a story about falling in love later in life, I suppose. But also John, about your quest because it is unusual to have a brand new baby, I suppose in your nineties.
Speaker 3: But you're also on a mission to be around for as long as possible.
Speaker 2: You're all about longevity and living a long, healthy life, and you want to be around for when your son turns twenty one, hopefully.
Speaker 1: So what is it?
Speaker 3: First of all, tell us about how you two met.
Speaker 6: Well, we met because my wife died. I was married for fifty seven years and I got very lonely. I didn't know what I should do. I thought, maybe I'll learn a language. So I looked up all the For some reason, I don't know why now, I picked Chinese.
Speaker 3: Well, that's one of the hardest languages in the world.
Speaker 5: Time I looked up.
Speaker 6: All the schools that I could go to, and there were three in Melbourne. So I picked one, and I picked a Monday afternoon and I went to that school and I went up there and then this young lady came out and said, I'm Yan Yi, I'm your teacher, and so we went and started to teach me. And I said to her, well, look, isn't it another place we can go where you don't have to pay these people? And she said, yes, you can come to my office at Munish University. So I went to the office there and I had a couple lessons, and then she told me that I was the worst pupil she ever had.
Speaker 7: Well, can I have a bit of a disclaim.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 7: I was doing my PhD full time then and only a children Chinese, and I have to say ten years ago I wasn't probably the best Chinese teacher, and I hope I can do a little bit of a better job now and teaching my song anyway. Yeah, the Chinese wasn't really for him.
Speaker 8: So I was a teacher student situation, and now it's grown into a love story.
Speaker 1: Yes. How long have you gonna have been together?
Speaker 7: Eleven years?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, and you've got a little baby now, John, you speak quite openly about wanting to be around for as long as possible, like any new parents.
Speaker 3: And you specializing longevity is that right?
Speaker 5: Well? Anti aging medicine.
Speaker 3: What is the key to a long healthy life?
Speaker 5: What is the key?
Speaker 6: Well, for many, many keys, I mean you know you can't exist that. The one is to try to keep your heart healthy. Yes, because six out of every ten people get heart disease, if you know that, and three or four out of ten die from it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: When patients come to me, that's the first thing I concentrate to try to keep their heart.
Speaker 1: See, I reckon John's We're going to be very different to yours, quint.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I dare say I'm doing the wrong things. Yeah, doctor John, What is it or what was it like holding that baby boy in your arms?
Speaker 5: It was unbelievable. I mean, you know, but by the way, I have ten grandchildren.
Speaker 1: Wow, and.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't tell one of my grandchildrens quite famous.
Speaker 3: Oh who's the celebrity in the family.
Speaker 6: She's a star and Channel ten. She is that eleven, she's a judge. You proud grandfather, she's my oldest child.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what was the family reaction like when you said you were going to have a baby.
Speaker 5: I think the reaction was what I said, Yeah right.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an amazing story.
Speaker 2: But it's also so wonderful to know people can find love and happiness again, because I think there would be many people who sadly.
Speaker 3: Have walked in similar shoes to you, doctor John and thought that that was it. But you really can fall in love and be happy at any age, can't you.
Speaker 5: So I didn't quite hear what you said.
Speaker 1: She was just saying you can fall in love at any age.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, And so what are the things that you're going to do to be around until because if you want to live in a long, healthy life, you want to how long?
Speaker 3: How long do you think you can extend your life? And what are the things you're doing for long?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure you one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: What you look? You look right?
Speaker 4: What what's he like as a dad?
Speaker 7: Well, he's a very old fashioned dad. It doesn't change the which I expect it not that I will trust our baby with him.
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 4: Does it warm your heart to see him with your little boy? What's the emotion like for you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely. I still remember when we were in the hospital and he was sitting by the window holding the little baby and with the sun behind him. That's the most beautiful scene.
Speaker 4: That's so nice.
Speaker 3: I love it. Well, guys, we wish you all the best.
Speaker 4: I'm so intrigued. I'm fascinated. Does having a child this lad in life keep you young?
Speaker 1: You think?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Would you do it again?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 4: Would you do it again?
Speaker 5: Would you have what we're thinking of another one?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: I would like to have a little girl. John.
Speaker 1: I'm tired.
Speaker 3: You're saying it's keeping you young. Jason reckons his children of age.
Speaker 1: I think John looks better than me, to be honest, I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't agree more.
Speaker 4: Actually, is this an exclusive? Because I wasn't reading about that. We're actually thinking about extending the family. We're going again.
Speaker 5: Probably, I was so good.
Speaker 8: I was reading a lot of the comments online and you know, and no doubt you would have experienced some negativity from the public regarding your story. Good And we were just having a chat this morning in the meeting. We're just saying for us, it's such a nice, warm love story, that's what it's celebrating.
Speaker 4: What would you say to someone who is sitting in their car right now who might sort of is their eyebrows.
Speaker 7: Well, if our story can put a smile on people's face, especially actually read the article and it's the other little boy and the.
Speaker 3: Purpose and the road rules.
Speaker 7: Coming in to show story, Yeah, I'll need to make people.
Speaker 1: Up here and I'll tell you what you know what it is.
Speaker 8: It is controversial having having a child in that age can be controversial, but I can tell you now, I've also witnessed a lot of people who are having kids a lot younger and then not bring him into a loving household or a good environment like you guys are.
Speaker 1: So you know, even though I'm in the past one of.
Speaker 8: Those people quick to judge, I'm going to see a story like this when you really look at the situation.
Speaker 2: In people in last exactly how wonderful now Chinese, that's November.
Speaker 3: One experience can make a baby.
Speaker 8: That thank you very much for coming in guys, and congratulations again, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 8: They are new parents ninety three year old John Foster and potentially another.
Speaker 1: One on the way again. It is just gone three to eight.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren wake How feeling good following them on the Socials Exclusive Floorstock