Speaker 1: I've definitely dated my fair share of douchebags. My time.
Speaker 2: Let's get tingling.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm spiraling. Oh my God, tell us.
Speaker 2: Everything flame emojis cleft, right and center.
Speaker 1: Matt loves a bit of God.
Speaker 2: And I need to text you back. I really need.
Speaker 1: I know I'm jealous. I'm the most jealous person ever.
Speaker 2: Relationships like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shiit.
Speaker 1: Hisity dot com for you. I'll be a bloody single and alone with ten cats for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Lie.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Anna and Matt and welcome to our Love Island season three recaps.
Speaker 2: Where we'll be unpacking all the villa action and keeping you up to date on all the drama.
Speaker 1: Things are about to get very juicy in here. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Okay, that episode three, I know I'm starting to really get into it now, Anna, Yeah, so let's go over the recap then.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in this episode we have Ari who gets left single and alone when Lexi steals her man Ryan. We have Tina who gets the ike about Ronnie. Aaron and Jess start to vibe one another. Then we have the boys come in, the two Bombs. We have Mitch and Chris, two big bombs, big bombs, and they go on dates with Ari and Courtney. And the boys really make a splash in this episode. They turn pretty much all of the girl's hair. The girls arelike on heat in there. They obviously weren't happy with the starting lineup boys that they got, and these two new boys have come in, and we finished the episode with an already Love Island gay, a quintessential Love Island that really gets very juicy. So let's jump into.
Speaker 2: This episode, all right. So we'll start off with Ari was left single after Lexi couple with Ryan, and Ari did look pretty upset about that, didn't she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my heart broke for her. We know what it's like when you're in there and you are really liking someone. Things move very quickly in there. So she's obviously put all of her eggs into Ryan's basketeah, and he's kind of swerved her like when he got picked by Lexi. He didn't even come up to Ari to kind of.
Speaker 2: Well, are we surprised. Let's be honest, the bloke is clearly a fuck boy.
Speaker 1: He's basically tattooed fuck boy on his head. We can't be surprised.
Speaker 2: We can't be surprised about these actions. But look, him and Lexi looked pretty cute. They had a nice night in the bed, didn't they something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a feeling that they're going to be a strong couple moving forward. I'm not a fan of them. I haven't really vibe with them. I don't love either of their personalities at the moment. It's still early days.
Speaker 2: Lexi's all right, I don't her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of amazing girl personalities in there. I haven't connected with Lexi still open to it, but my heart goes out to Ari. And the thing that really upset me is that Ari basically said in the Beach Heart that she thought Ryan had been respectful in bed because he had only grabbed Lexi's boob or bum and didn't kiss Lexi. So Aris still very much clinging onto that. I think that ship has sailed. Ari.
Speaker 2: Iri needs to stop giving guys, well, everyone is stocking guys. A pat on the back for doing the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: We need to stop giving these guys the power. But moving on, we then had the boys come in. We had Mitch and Chris and Ari and Courtney were chosen for a day and we see Ari twerk it out. Fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was a bit excited about going on that day.
Speaker 1: Loved that moment. But yeah, we've spoken about this. Ari was laying it on the sick.
Speaker 2: She was thirsty on that day. I was like, wow, she is really she's gone balls to the wall with him.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's love Island. You have to put yourself out there exactly. I mean, she obviously is looking to find love from what it seems, and we're about it. We want Ari to find love. And then we had it Courtney and Chris they had a date.
Speaker 2: They were very cute. I thought they were very cute. He was quite charming as well. I liked his personality. I vibed with him.
Speaker 1: Good first impression, Chris, good first impression by Mitch. I think they both seemed super charismatic.
Speaker 2: It was very smart to put them in when they have I reckon they're they're the right people for the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely are had and they did their job. They turned everyone's heads. The girls were loving them. They even got them into the hot tubs.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about this hot tub. So I thought it was going to be like a real beautiful JACUZI bubbles everywhere, like a nice liding. You know, love is on what we've come to love over the years. And then they show the hot tub and it was fucking grim. I was like, it was like a puddle of water. Did someone say this is cold as well? I was like, oh my god, it didn't.
Speaker 1: Look like the most luxurious hot time I've ever seen. I think the idea was it, it's just not been executed that well.
Speaker 2: Well, they did only ask the two boys to come, and I thought that was quite funny as well. That gave me a giggle by the girls. Yeah, real power move.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the girls were definitely swerving the og boys and they were very focused on getting to know those new guys.
Speaker 2: We've spoken about the girl's reaction for the new guys coming in, but what about the guys reactions? So you can tell now that some of them are starting to sweat. Yeah, obviously, because there's a new threat in the villain now and we.
Speaker 1: Know what it's like. It goes from power play to power play. One minute. You think that you're in control, but you never can get too comfortable in their run.
Speaker 2: You never get comfortable in the Love Island villa. That's that's my piece of advice for anyone that can go in there. Don't get comfortable.
Speaker 1: Don't get comfortable.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy that's sorting out to me the most was Ryan. Yes, So he was trying to just put the alpha moves on him. I felt nothing really that he said, but you could tell about like his body language and all that, and I was like, mate, give it up.
Speaker 1: Well, Ryan's used to being the alpha male in there. He didn't have a lot of competition for that role, and now these two guys have come in. The girls were way more interested in Chris and Mitch than him, and I think he's feeling a little bit threatened, especially in that game at the end of the episode. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So spilled the tea game, which I think looked really cool the way they'd set up the cup had the tea bags, and he pulled out. I was like, fuck, where's the budget for us with that?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Like a little bit of thought went into this. I was like, that's cool. But that game they did heaps in that There was heaps of Literally I felt like.
Speaker 1: I was watching a frat party go on. There was three way kisses, there was dirty talking, got a bit naughty.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that three way kiss? Is that the most painful kiss you've ever seen on national television? Have you had a three way kiss before?
Speaker 1: No? Have you?
Speaker 2: I've had multiple three kisses, and look, I will not be I will not be doing another one in public because if that's what it looks like, I don't want anyone watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bit weird like this year, like I really want to see people fall in love, and like it just feels more like a bit of a frat party or a high school party.
Speaker 2: It feels like school has just come early to buyron at this trade.
Speaker 1: It really does. You're not wrong, it's feeling a bit young. I'm really hoping that the new Bombs are going to give a bit of maturity and age to that villa, because it fucking needs it at this point.
Speaker 2: It does. Mitch did say that he had every love I owned experience in one night, so yeah, good on him. Not much to do now I pack up and go home.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean the main thing that he has to do is go find love, girl friend. He's done all the single boy things. He's got them out of the way. Hopefully Michkin head towards meeting someone he connects with, because that's what we want to see as a viewer. We want to see people fall in love. It's all fun in games to see people laughing, joking, having fun. But at the end of the day, like, let's build some strong connections.
Speaker 2: In here, and I think we nearly are starting to see one with Rachel and Chris.
Speaker 1: Rachel and Chris, let's talk about this. They have the Harry Potter thing in common, which was so cute that I was loving that. And then also in the game he said that she was the hottest, which I thought was pretty cute. And also he made her feel comfortable when she was told to kiss herself and he put the invisibility cloak on.
Speaker 2: Remember that part, Yeah, I do remember that. Yes, so cute. That's that's cute.
Speaker 1: We are really backing them as one of the strong couples in the Villain. Now, let's quickly touch on the other couples we had Aaron and Jess, who kind of made a bit of a connection in this episod. So we see Jess plucking Aaron's eyebrows, which apparently is a very big deal for Aaron if he doesn't want to. He's very pedantic about the eyebrows, which is fine. So they seem to be getting along really well.
Speaker 2: They look cute together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've both got the dark brown hair. They makes some cute babies, make some cute babies, and I think that was it for the couple. So yeah, we have a couple of strong ones, a couple of possible connections. But I think it's time to jump into episode format.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see what happens in episode four.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, episode four, this is my favorite episode today. There was so much going on in this episode. There's heaps of unpacks that give us a quick recap.
Speaker 2: All right, So Chris and Rachel bond over a Lego collection and Harry Potter. Yes, there's also no spark between Aaron and Jef. There was a challenge, and Taku takes Jess on a nice surprise date. I know, I know, which leads to Aaron and Taku blowing up. So that was something in itself, wasn't it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's start with Aaron being a bit salty. So Jess as the episode saying there's no sparks there. You know, she's given it a crack.
Speaker 2: How painful was that conversation?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think if someone comes to you and says there's no spark, like, just just take it on the chin, like, it's not nice to hear we get it. No one wants to hear it. It's bruised his ego massively. And you know what, your ego does get extra bruce when you know that everyone's watching. But it looks worse when you suok about it. And he has sooked about this from the start of the episode to the end of the episode. He needs to get over.
Speaker 2: It, he does. He needs to move on it. Yeah, but that challenge though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where Jess and Taku had their first kiss, and that was hot and.
Speaker 2: Steamy, right, it was on it.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of chemistry. Jess even said in the beach Hut, there's a lot of chemistry for me there. So this is all good.
Speaker 2: Signs and she's that spark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we said we wanted Taku to find someone. We thought it might be Ari. I've totally changed my perspective on that. I want it to be Jess and Taku till the end. Like I'm team Jess and Taku. What a cute couple, right, they are very cute. Imagine the babies beautiful.
Speaker 2: We said that Aaron and Jess might have cute babies, but now Taku and Jess are going to have cuter babies.
Speaker 1: Peter babies. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're going cuter movie. Other notable things that happened in that challenge was that Courtney said Chris was a good kisser, So I guess he's kind of on the A plus for kissing and.
Speaker 2: We need to get some tips.
Speaker 1: That needs to get some tips for men.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a great kiss.
Speaker 1: But let's move on to the moment when Aaron having a bit of a moan on the bed with Ari about Jess. So he's still not letting this go.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you that was painful. That was Ari inviting Jess over for a chat with Aaron. I actually couldn't believe my eyes. I like my jaw hit the ground. I was like, man, he's a fully grown bloke. Let him do his own stuff, like you don't need to get involder.
Speaker 1: Ari, Well, I mean he's obviously venting. And then we have Jess walk into the room and Ari kind of probably feels a bit uncomfortable because they're talking about Jess. So that's why she's called Jess over. But that conversation, that three way conversation was just unnecessary. It was uncomfortable, Like she's told you she's not vibing you like start grafting with other girls. Let's you're not going to change her mind.
Speaker 2: It's Love Island. You don't have time to look your wounds. You got to get out there and to find someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, moving on the Rachel and Chris moment, Matt, this melted my heart.
Speaker 2: Was very cute.
Speaker 1: They were talking about Harry Potter, He's gonna watch Star Wars with her, and then they had a really really cute kiss, my favorite kiss of this season.
Speaker 2: So sassive, Paul even cuter than jessin Taku's I think so like.
Speaker 1: It was just a really nice moment. There was nothing cringey awkward about it. It felt really nice to watch. It made my heart like flutter a little bit. And then the kiss looked really nice as well.
Speaker 2: So well, I thought Rachel was a really intense kisser from her last couple of kisses doing challenges, but in this one she looked Yeah, it looked like a good, decent kiss.
Speaker 1: Well, we've heard that Chris is a good kisser. Obviously their chemistry just works together, and I mean it looked nice as I was like, we need more of this, and I think they are definitely a front runner. One of my favorite poets of this season is after they kissed and Chris theaid ten points to Griffindor. It's so nerdy and so cliche, but just so cute, Like I'm all about this. Then we had the Taku and Jest date.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Taku surprises Jess with a date. He makes me a fruit playter.
Speaker 1: He actually implores all the.
Speaker 2: Guys to help him out with it.
Speaker 1: To help him out, he cuts all the fruit and chocolate.
Speaker 2: He was quite innovative and cute for what he had to work with.
Speaker 1: Very cute.
Speaker 2: The chocolate in the measuring cuff, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just looked stunning. Charco was looking fresh and there seemed to be a lot of chemistry and it was everything we could have asked for it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: But that leads us to salty old slim shady Aaron.
Speaker 1: The real slim shady please stand down.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, well said look the comedy he said about passing the thing off, Like, grow up, mate, what.
Speaker 1: Did he say?
Speaker 2: We wanted to slap the That's right. I slapped the borderway and I was like grow off, like fuck me, man, move on.
Speaker 1: Time to let it go, let it go right?
Speaker 2: And then he yeah. So then the boys obviously tell Taku what was said.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Taku then approaches Aaron or as Or as he called him for a chat, and what happened next.
Speaker 1: It just all got very heated, very quickly. And I think when watching that fight, I feel like Aaron treated Taku with a lot of disrespect. He was getting very heated and triggered.
Speaker 2: He just was a normal twenty four year old. I feel guy, that's just really immature the way he handled that. I feel, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Wanted so much more from him. I feel like in episode three I saw this really mature side of him come out. Things were going well with Jess, and the moment things stopped going his way, we just saw him throw his toys out of the pram and it wasn't a good Yeah, it wasn't a good look for him. No, Taku's obviously a fan favorite. He got voted the most loved Islander, and you know what, we agree, he is our most loved here where's your head at? And we don't want to see Taku treated with disrespect? And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Exactly what happened from as a boy.
Speaker 1: Let's finally talk about the moment where Taku broke down in the beach Hut when he did get voted the most Loved Island, favorite islander, when.
Speaker 2: He was in the wardrope, when he was crying and started tearing up. Fuck, I just wanted to give it the bloke a hug.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just honestly was like, oh my god, it's a pretty powerful moment, such a powerful moment for Love Island, and I love seeing those moments. You know, he hasn't felt accepted and hasn't felt comfortable within himself. He's always felt like he wasn't enough and he's had to change himself to please other people. And he talked about how he finally felt like he was accepted and it was in Love Island of all places, and.
Speaker 2: I hope he just keeps seeing himself because fuck love him for him, American.
Speaker 1: Absolutely love him for him. He's an amazing guy and we are all behind him. Here episode three and thought, so much to unpack, so much drama. This season is shaping up to be a really great season. We can't wait for the next few episodes. We want to hear your thoughts, what you're thinking at home? Who's your favorite? So head to Where's your Head at pod on Instagram and we want to hear all your thoughts.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it for us, guys. We'll see you on the next episode where we unpack episode five and six. I see that the Monk is returning, so we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always bad news when the Monk rocks up.
Speaker 1: So okay, guys. Bye,