Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning Anna. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 1: I'm thirty one, having fun.
Speaker 2: Don't look at day over thirty big day.
Speaker 1: We celebrated my birthday on the weekend. Yes, well, we all went to Redhill.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was nice winery down there when we went to two wineries. Actually did?
Speaker 1: We went to Montalto and we went to Point Leo Estate, both incredible.
Speaker 2: Yes, so much fun. You stayed down there as well with Michael.
Speaker 1: I did. We stayed at the Lamps More in Red Hill and we had like the most amazing experience there. It was so nice, the grounds are amazing. It was just very romantic. I just was like, you know, when you romanticize your life, you know how they say, like on those TikTok videos, like romanticize your life and it was just like it was so nice. They had a cellar door at the hotel and they were playing like I don't know the type of music that I like, like jack Bots or like Ziggy Albert's type of slow I don't know vibe. We like walked over there and it was just like so chill, and I was like, this is heaven, Like this is gorgeous.
Speaker 2: You had some wines while you're down there and.
Speaker 1: Had some venos. We kind of were getting into a bit more like winter fashion as well. Had like a big jacket on. Sounds great by the fire.
Speaker 2: How good is the staycation with your partner doing that stuff? I love it when you're talking about it the other day, I was like, oh, that sounds so good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally got home back to Melbourne and my dad was like, where were you staying? I want to stay there? Literally booked the same place because he was like, was it actually good? And I was like it was incredible. Definitely go there. So my parents have already booked.
Speaker 2: The same swart id a romantic get away do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, but anyway, I'm thirty one, Yeah, so how does it feeling thirty one?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You know what I was actually like completely fine with it. And you know how I said, like my friend Ciro had a bit of a wobble with turning thirty one because like she was kind of like, well, turning thirty, like you know, there's all of the you know, bars and excitement and the parties and like you kind of get lost in like the excitement of it all, and then she was a bit like worried about turning thirty one. From me, I didn't feel it until the very night before, so the last night of being thirty, and then I was like, shit, this is the last time I'm going to be able to say I'm thirty. So I made Michael ask me like ten times that night. I made him ask me how old I am, so he'd be like how old are you? And I was like, I'm thirty. And I literally did it like ten times because I was like, I just want to get it in like one last time.
Speaker 2: So there was no real like anxiety like around. It was just like turning another year older, the normal anxiety you get like every year when you're like, fuck, what happened to the last year of my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did that go?
Speaker 1: But that's what I said to Michael. I'm like, what have I done when I'm thirty? Like, what what have I achieved? Like we have men, you like, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to keep like pushing forward and doing all this stuff. And he's like, Babe, you've done so much, Like the podcast is doing amazing. You've almost hit two million listens, which we're gonna celebrate soon. You know. He's like, you got engaged at thirty. I was like, oh, yeah, I did too.
Speaker 2: I actually saw a TikTok the other day and it was do you watch Friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've watched it here and there, but I wouldn't be able to like.
Speaker 2: Quote yeah, I loved it growing up and like watch it all the time. But it was saying how they the show started in they were like twenty five, yeah, and then so it finishes when they're thirty. So it's just real like perception of or like you, how your life isn't like growing up to your thirties and how where they starts where they finish and finish saying like you don't need to stress shit like their life starts to come at the end and it's still not this shit isn't sort of out and there like thirty five. Yeah, so you know what I mean? Yeah, So there's no real like saying don't stress about your age and where your life Isn't that? So that was a good TikTok. I was like, ah, maybe I should.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty seven something. A quote that I love about aging the most is that quote where it says You're never going to be as young as you are today. I love that because I'm like, yeah, maybe thirty one to some people does sound old, right, and that's fine. I can handle that, but to me, this is the youngest I'm ever going to be, and like, I love that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, actually, my sister said on the weekend, my dad was telling a story how I accidentally introduced my younger brother to someone as Matthew, and Lara's like, how'd you get an eight year old mixed up with Matthew who's nearly thirty, And I was like, fuck, I'm nearly thirty. So I had that like thing, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Like that realization that I'm nearly thirty, But I'm fine, it's two years off.
Speaker 1: When do you turn twenty eight? Again? That's right?
Speaker 2: So a couple of months off that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's exciting. There's nothing to be anxious about when it comes to birthday. It's like I just think, like embrace it, Like what's the point of being stressed out. Michael's mum told me a really good It's like a quote and she was like, why worry about something twice? And that's like the thing about anxiety, right, Why worry about it twice if it's actually gonna happen in the end and you're gonna have all the stress of.
Speaker 2: It, should I tell you my recommendation? Now, I was going to save it, go for it, Okay. So it's so funny you say that, and this is not planned, guys. My recommendation is. I saw this TikTok and the expression it was eat the frog in the like, yeah, so it means that every day you pretend you have to eat a frog and that's the task that you don't want to do. So you know you don't want to eat a frog. Who wants to eat frogs? You know, no one wants to. So it was like, like, do that task that you don't want to do first thing in the morning because or first thing when you wake off, because then you do it that's shit. But if you say, like you wait to do it, then like stressing yourself out and punishing yourself all day till you do it.
Speaker 1: I really like that.
Speaker 2: So you're worrying about it twice. So like the expression was like eat the frog first thing in the morning. So that's what I've been doing, like going on runs and shit that I don't want to do as soon as I wake up because I'm getting it out of the way.
Speaker 1: Matt and I on Thursday are going to be at Federation Square in Australia's tiniest bar serving drinks, and well, I'm just thinking personally we have to both do an RSA, And I was thinking about the RSA whilst you were saying that. I'm like, Oka, I should have done it before I got here, because I really don't want to do it today.
Speaker 2: So now if you've done it first thing in the morning, it would be out. So you've punished yourself once by doing that, and then you don't. Now you're punishing yourself all day stressing about it.
Speaker 1: I really am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck of the RSA.
Speaker 1: Were talking about it before Matt did it, said it was I that frog.
Speaker 2: I ha the frog and the Frog.
Speaker 1: Matt's leading by example over here, and we're loving it for a for bright and early to our morning.
Speaker 2: Great in by Matt here. So that's that's my recommendation is eat the frog first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, it's engagement party week. It's been a big build up. It's been a really big build up. I feel like I started with the build up on my socials too early because now I'm just like, I just wanted to be here.
Speaker 2: But yeah, everything organized.
Speaker 1: Everything's organized. I have DJ booked in. We have a sax player from like ten to twelve. We have the Yeah, we have the bongoes from the DJ. If you listened last.
Speaker 2: Week, you had a three sixty camera.
Speaker 1: We have a three sixty camera, which is very exciting.
Speaker 2: I've done that.
Speaker 1: Well, we anone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never done it. Is it like it spins pretty fast. I've watched people do it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it And then yeah, yeah, yeah, so you have to like to practice in the mirror just so it's like on point. I'm sure you'll have your Zoolander on the three sixty camera. But yeah, I'm just super excited. I think my parents are going to say a little something Michael's parents are going to say something, and then me and Michael will say something, which I'm a little bit stressed about because like eat the frog, do it first.
Speaker 2: You get there.
Speaker 1: So, like we're gonna say a few words each. Michael wants us to like prepare them separately and then say them together, but I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Happens if, like you repeat yourself, we.
Speaker 1: Both say the same thing, which we have a very similar personality, so we definitely could do that. I don't know, I'm just like a little bit nervous about it because obviously, like I said a bit of a speech at my birthday from my thirtieth and that was fine because it is what it is. But when you're like declaring your love in front of.
Speaker 2: All the people, you're declaring your you're we're not.
Speaker 1: Declaring our love, but we're going to say something like kind of nice about each other.
Speaker 2: I was expecting it more to be like around everyone else, beding there and all that sort stuff. But if you're doing it to each other, that's intense.
Speaker 1: No. No, no, like we will like thank you everyone for coming, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Vows.
Speaker 1: No, it's not going to be vows. I'm just going to be I'm just going to say, like, you know, Michael is the love of my life, you know, all of that kind.
Speaker 2: Of thing, to spend the rest of my life with you. Yeah, you're a year of getting married, don't you.
Speaker 1: I am thirteen months of.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sorry, I thought it was this time of year.
Speaker 1: Let's not go to that.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also, my dresses will be going on sale on Sunday with my collaboration that I've done with Helen O'Connor, which I'm all excited about. I've seen all of them now and they look insane.
Speaker 2: Sent me a video of one of them from the back. It looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's pretty epic, is that one.
Speaker 2: You're wearing on the day? Yeah, So how many you decide to wear?
Speaker 1: I think three, but like two at the party and one for the aftern party type of vibe don't last I go all for. I know they're all amazing, So I still haven't decided which one I won't wear. But yeah, very excited about those dresses. Keep an eye out on my socials if you don't follow me, and make sure you do so that you can see those.
Speaker 2: Yes, very keen for your engagement. Party this weekend. I was thinking about having a weekend sober, but.
Speaker 1: I'm paying her heads, so I'm going to have.
Speaker 2: To drink those after alls. Well it was that, and then I was like, then I've got like a Footy ten year reunion the next week. Then I've got another engagement party for my mates. Just it's never ending, is it this time of year.
Speaker 1: I'm very sorry that I'm interfering with your life to invite you to my engagement party.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, I like I said, I'm excited. I'm like what I was trying to say was I'm excited. Let's not pass out on a park bench this time.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you, WHOA Because obviously after my thirtieth where you passed out in a park bend, she would have had a lot of anxiety. And on the weekend, on the weekend that has just gone for my thirty first birthday, there was a lot of alcohol intake. Did you have any anxiety?
Speaker 2: I actually wasn't too bad. I told you when you guys were pouring me a wine at the start, I was like, I'm not going to drink wine. Wine makes me loopy drunk, Yeah, not like find like crazy white girl who drunk. So I was like, maybe not. So I had a couple of beers, but then we did the wine tasting. Yeah, and then we went on to the next winery where I had maybe two a couple of something. So I wasn't too bad with you.
Speaker 1: Anxiety, I was a little bit, but like not too much. But I was talking to Michael, I was like, why do we get anxiety? Like what is it? And I think the reason we get anxiety vibes after drinking is because we're in iram sleep, so our in the rapid eye movement sleep, so you don't actually get a proper good night sleep. So have you ever woken up from king and you're just like so exhausted and you're like, I've had eight hours, Like why am I? Why am I sleeping? And I think that's why. So anyway, I'll probably be an iram sleep next Sunday after my gage.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got one for you. Yeah, what hangover? Would you rather? Anxiety or vomiting all day?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say anxiety. I'll take some ash Gander stress relief tablets.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Anxiety or that headache that lingers all day in the back of your.
Speaker 1: Head, anxiety. Okay, no, actually I'd take I'd take the headache, but.
Speaker 2: Like you can't get rid of it, and you can't get rid of.
Speaker 1: It anxiety anxiety, but you can take as stress relief medication for the anxiety, like you don't have.
Speaker 2: Toure them hate that headache called.
Speaker 1: I hate that headache. I had a migraine actually, speaking of I haven't even touched on this. So on my birthday, my actual birthday, I got to migrain So literally my whole thirty first birthday I spent in bed. I went to my hair dresser's, got my hair blowwave for me to then lie in bed. And then the next day I woke up and I had a UTI, So I don't know what is going on with my body. I spoke to you guys about how I was on this like health journey. I literally didn't have a UTI for the whole year, and then all of a sudden, I go to Hamilton Island get one UTI, and since then it's been downhill, downhill, Like what is wrong with my body? It actually concerns me, Like I think about it and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like fuck, like do you reckon me to get that surgery?
Speaker 1: What the wee whole opening surgery maybe, I mean, fuck, I will take anything. At this point, that's like like seriously, like it actually is a concern of mine. I'm like, imagine if I was to one day get pregnant and I just have all these.
Speaker 2: Like would you get UTIs while being pregnant?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean if I did, are you allowed to take antibiotics? Like you know, there's lots of there's lots of questions question marks around that. It's just it's it does give me a lot of anxiety.
Speaker 2: I said that it might be the underwear you're wearing.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, Matt said that to me, and I was like, he's no, what did I say? It goes? Maybe you should change your underwear And I was like, excuse, that's right, Like you think I don't change my underwear.
Speaker 2: He then then I had to recorrect myself and I was like, no, change like the material or like the way maybe the G strings. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we were thinking, like and when I say we were thinking, Matt said it and I was like, maybe I should go from G string because I'm a G string. Were like, I don't wear anything else. If I move into like nanny underwear, not nanny underwear, but what would you call it, like a full brief underwear? Well, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Underwear and stirring orton need proper. Yeah, maybe it's the fabric software or something using as well.
Speaker 1: I just feel like more like and this is like a random chat, like I feel more comfortable in a G string.
Speaker 2: Like it's just like I don't know any girl that really isn't well that I've known that just always wear g strings.
Speaker 1: And then it's like so annoying, like wearing nanny underwear not nanny. I'm gonna start stop calling them nanny is I call them back like what I call them pid like nanny underwear for like when I'm on my period, I'll wear them because like obviously you know, yeah, if I decide to wear a pat at night or something, I'll just.
Speaker 2: Call it normal underwear brief.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like just no, not trunks.
Speaker 2: Not tidy whities anyway, anyway, I maybe that there is something in that, and like at this point, like I'll do anything like I said, could be the fabric, softignre or something you're using as well, that's not it's sucking up your pH Is that what causes them?
Speaker 1: No, it's about it's about like bacteria getting into your week hole than we like that. I don't know which can happen during sex, but I wee straight after sex. I even shower after sex because the doctor said that that's like the best way to make sure that you don't get a UTI, even if it's.
Speaker 2: Like the middle of the night, sort of like tough on the shoulder, hoke in the back, you get up and you get up and shower after.
Speaker 1: Them, hoak in the back, You sicker? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: You initiate it when you're both asleep.
Speaker 1: I mean having like doing like having sex during like your sleep is actually like kind of fun.
Speaker 2: It's the best. It's one of the best.
Speaker 1: It's not one of the best, but it's like it's good. And then you're like, did that happen?
Speaker 2: Well, Hotel sex is probably up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hotel sex is the vibe.
Speaker 2: And it's the best. You know that you're just those four walls don't have to have to see you again. You can let them see things, and they're probably seeing worse to be fair, what you're about to you just like go for goal.
Speaker 1: You're just loud as they come in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hotel. Sex is different, gravy.
Speaker 1: I think you've heard me having sex before?
Speaker 2: When Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right. Did I say something? Yeah? Yeah, place. Look, this is a weird chat speaking of anxiety. I actually on the weekend. I actually got up early because I had my brother's first game of football.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 2: Look? Look, I love good quality football, hundred ninees play. It's not the best. There was some good passages of play, Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: How did your brother do?
Speaker 2: It was great? It was his first game, so he was a bit like.
Speaker 1: Say, he was good, right now?
Speaker 2: He was good for his first game. He was good. I mean he could have gone in harder to get the ball. He had a good kick on him.
Speaker 1: Did you give him this feedback after the game?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I'll save it for when he's not and I'll let him just run around here. But I would like to jump on this platform and use this to have a formal apology. I got a bit carried away in the heat of the moment of the game with who the opposition the umpires. But I would like to start by apologizing to number thirty three from the Ashy red Backs. You are not a magoo.
Speaker 1: Did you call a child a magoo? Are you okay?
Speaker 2: I said, and that was a clear push in the back and it should have been paid. But I'm sorry for calling you that. Also like to apologize to the umpire Oh my god, that you're actually not You do not need to go get your eyes checked. I'm sorry if this is just your volunteering, but maybe get someone that knows the rules of AFL.
Speaker 1: Nah. I'm actually a.
Speaker 2: Passionate fan for the game and for my brother, and if someone's going to push him in the back, I'm going to get Rev Duff.
Speaker 1: It's under ni. You need to take a deep, deep breath. You need to take a long, hard look at yourself.
Speaker 2: Your brother get pushed in the back, wouldn't you get RAS's for fun? They're nine, They don't even keep score.
Speaker 1: Exactly, if they're not even keeping school, what are you getting all up and about about? You know what? To be fair, Well, okay, you can keep score on your own. But the thing is is I have noticed that you do somewhat get mildly aggressive whilst driving. So hearing you talk about.
Speaker 2: Aggressive driving, you know what, I was so good at road rage for so long. It is no because I'm getting older, I'm getting grumpier.
Speaker 1: No, you're twenty seven. I can absolutely not accept that. I'm not going to accept that you can't be so good at road rage. You just have to shut up and accept that people on the road are at different skill sets, are driving, and never to let anyone disturb your peace. That's my recommendation to you.
Speaker 2: Don't let anyone. Okay, So the next.
Speaker 1: Time, especially in child's football.
Speaker 2: So next time I see my brother get clearly pushed in the.
Speaker 1: Back, breath in through the nose, out through the mouth, do not say anything disrespectful to anyone, especially not the fucking umpire. What do you think this is? Yeah, okay, I mean it's just I just I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I get you into my footy. I love my brother, I love watching footy. I love, you know, just watching a fair game of football.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Louise, guys, hit us up on our Facebook page. I think we need to give a mat a taste of some medicine because I just think it's not right. You can't. You can't go to a children's game of football and get up and about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I love to see it. The coach like people are laughing, like it's a good game of football.
Speaker 1: But it's not about you.
Speaker 2: Is it about getting a laugh, about getting a pop from everyone watching? It's about, you know, focusing on the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, really quickly, I have a recommendation. It was yesterday that me and Michael Binge watched a show highly recommend It was actually recommended by my brother to my parents. My parents watched it and then they recommended it to Michael and I and we watched six episodes yesterday during our little hangover.
Speaker 2: Is that a full season series?
Speaker 1: No, there's actually like ten episodes. But it's it's healthy, it's amazing. It's called The Night Agent. Incredible, it's action packed. I'm actually not a big action person, but I could definitely get around it.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix. Yeah, Netflix, I've seen it come up. He must suggested.
Speaker 1: It's like number three in TV shows at the moment.
Speaker 2: Have you seen The Bodyguard on Netflix? It's sort of like that.
Speaker 1: It's something like that, Yes.
Speaker 2: And I liked that, so maybe I have to give it a whirl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just watching movies at the moment. I'm not investing in TV shows.
Speaker 1: Just trust me. I wasn't either, And here I am giving the biggest recommendation to you. Also, I finished watching the show that I recommended last week, which was My Strowne Blue. Oh my god, Like I just wanted to discuss it so badly on the podcast. Did you ever get around to watching that?
Speaker 2: No? I haven't, I haven't. You were speaking about it at your birthday and you sort of got me convinced to watch it.
Speaker 1: It's also just so good because like, obviously you're coming to my wedding in corfuod Grease, and some of it is film there, so it's like nice to see kind of the area. It's also filmed in Paksos, and Michael and I were talking about the fact that we're going to Greece and August and we were like, fuck it, should we go to Paksos just because we've seen how beautiful it is there and like they take boats out together and like you know, makes sweet love on the boats.
Speaker 2: Anyway, is it soft porn?
Speaker 1: Is it good? Yeah? Yeah, there's some you see some stuff.
Speaker 2: What stuff, you know, a bit of boom.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty hot. It's actually very like you know how when you like watch a seamy sex scene and then your sex life like really.
Speaker 2: Like gets you in the mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happens in my Stone Blue.
Speaker 2: Definitely give it a whirl then definitely definitely, you know if I do it in the next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, on that note, let's jump into our hot line. Hello, you've reached Anna and Matt.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a message on our hotline after the beep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this first hot line is anonymous.
Speaker 4: Hello Matt, Anna, I've been on your show before in the Worst Date Ever hot line. I just wanted to share another that I had. So before I met my current partner, I was using dating sites, specifically Tinder, and I was talking to a lot of people, like a lot, And unfortunately I didn't listen to what you learn in school, and I didn't listen to what your parents tell you, and I was like a bit of late to the game. So I first had sex when I was twenty so almost twenty one, so I felt a bit behind on it at all. So when it came to talking to guys, I had never had a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: And it was all new to me, so I kind of went overboard. I loved the attention.
Speaker 4: I loved talking to hyps of people, and then after a while, like after meeting people, you know, having one night stand, I would always feel pretty shitty about myself. Ultimate goal was to find a boyfriend. But I just went about it the wrong way. And I think that a lot of young women like don't understand like that you can lose respect for yourself pretty quickly because that attention feels great. But I wasn't happy in myself. But anyway, I didn't respect myself enough. I was meeting heaps of people for the wrong reasons, and I justified it that I was going to find someone.
Speaker 3: And luckily when I met my partner, we've been together a year.
Speaker 4: Look, I spoke a lot about this because his friend had called him and said that him and a few guys from their cricket group were talking and like I'd sent nudes to them or something, and so A spoken to him about this earlier on, because I did talk to a lot of people. Anyway, that was sort of over with My partner and I have a discussion and we talked it through and he's been really supportive of me. And then a couple of weeks ago, there was a fake account on a Facebook that added him with my name and it added me as well, but I didn't add a bag and it sent him a message saying, hey, do you want my pictures? And I'm not sure the conversation he had with them. He told me that someone had message and then he would deal with it. I know they said that they were going to put my pictures on porn hum if he tried to do anything about it. And I don't know the rest of the conversation, but basically my partner dealt with it, and then this person deleted all the accounts.
Speaker 3: Something changed, and I just want to put out a warding.
Speaker 4: For people because because I don't know who did it, I talked to way too many people when I had Tinder because it was so accessible and so easy, and I just want some awareness around it that no one should be respecting themselves. You are amazing, You do deserve someone great, And if you've ever felt like you're not getting anywhere with dating sites, just delete them.
Speaker 3: Work on yourself first. Know you're worth and.
Speaker 4: Know that no matter what, you shouldn't be putting yourself in dangerous situations. You deserve to go on dates and try and find the one. There are amazing people out there. I have found someone so amazing, and I am so incredibly lucky. And despite all of this that he's heard about my past, he's still here. So don't settle for anything less and don't put yourself out there just because you think that you will never find anyone and all that guys want is sex, because a lot of people on Tinder do just want that.
Speaker 3: There are people out there who are better.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a powerful This is probably the most powerful word smell we've had. Thank you so much for sending that in.
Speaker 2: First of all, I agree completely with what she's saying about the one night stand, So like I was under the mentality as well, like one night stance, like you know, quantity over quality for a lot of my life, and I'm now under the opinion of nah, like you don't need to do that, You don't need that validation or like is it reassurance or valid I think it's more validation from just random people, like random girls, random guys, whoever you're sleeping with, because like you would wake up the next day and nine times out of ten, they're leaving pretty quickly if they haven't already left, and you're just left there being like, well, fuck, like yeah, now what sort of thing you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And you question yourself and you ask yourself, am I good enough? Like what did I do wrong? Et cetera, et cetera, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: It, don't get me wrong. Like a one night stand can be fun here and there, but like after a while, if you're doing them over and over again and you're and you're actually actively trying to find a partner, yeah, and you're looking in the wrong places. You're looking in low value places.
Speaker 1: You're also sending the universe the wrong signals of what you want because you're kind of basically saying that you want something quick and fun and easy and like I'm like single and young, world and free. But then you're wanting something with substance and something that would take some time to like invest in and curate.
Speaker 2: So like sleeping with just sur random persons, like it works, and sometimes it works, but the chances are that that person is looking for one night stand as well, taking from a guy's opinion, they're not wanting anything more. So you're looking in low value places for low value experiences, but they could Like when I say low value, I mean like it's not going to get used. It doesn't serve you, serve you in the long run. It's a quick fix of our serotonin or dopamine. And it's good, like I said, if people want to do that, they hand. But if you're looking for, like the girl said, a real relationship and further with someone, it's just not going to happen doing that.
Speaker 1: I don't feel it's so hard though as well, right because like you know, when you are single, you are kind of chasing that serotonin or dopamine here, Like you do need it. It's part of like being human. We all search for it and want it some more than others. And I think, like her message is so great to remind people to always value yourself and you know, put yourself first because like she said, if you, you know, sleep with one too many people, deep down inside, it can feel a little empty, and it can you do, become a bit of a shell of yourself. And if you don't feel respected by other people, not that other people's opinions of you should have any you know, and it should affect yourself steam or self respect. But like it does kind of.
Speaker 2: Affect it in a way, she did say, and that your partner now is probably a stronger man than I am. She said that he's teammates of have nudes of her.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one.
Speaker 2: He's a bigger man than I am to accept that.
Speaker 1: You don't think you could accept that you've got like your teammates the thing if you meet that. I think if you meet the like the one, the person who you're going to send forever with and maybe you maybe you would accept it. Who's to say that you wouldn't. I mean, yeah, it's not an ideal situation. And like, also, just like a PSA to anyone listening, like, be very careful if you if you are like wanting to send nudes, be very careful because once someone has these images of you, you can't take them back, and you don't know who they've sent it to. If everyone sends that image to just one person, just one, well that would be everyone, then it news travels fast, basically. I mean, I've never sent a nude with my face in it, so like even a boyfriend, like I remember my first ex boyfriend used to hound me for news. Hound me, please send me a nude. I really like want to have a picture of you on my phone, And I would be like, no, you get to fucking experience a real life thing. You're welcome, and like, no, you're not going to have an image of me, And like, I'm so glad that my younger self did that because like just even thinking about like where could that image have gone? Wow, it's scary stuff.
Speaker 2: Someone to have. Yeah, and I agree that, like somebody the page, the Facebook page like saying that I put it on porn hub.
Speaker 1: It's very scary stuff. It's illegal, legal totally, it's.
Speaker 2: A legal seek legal advice if somebody does that to you, because.
Speaker 1: That's revenge porn.
Speaker 2: Is revenge porn it is. Yeah. My My opinion though, is like who would want to if they had a Fu's just respect. I would never send something on if someone sent me on like that's just fucked. I think it's just respect, just genuine.
Speaker 1: How many people have dick pics from you with your faces off, face with your face in it? Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know if I've done face to my exes.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's your maybe.
Speaker 2: It's my axes, yeah, but not random. No, I don't really go out of my way to send one.
Speaker 1: Like what, Yeah, there's really no need to send them like I mean personally, like to our whar's your head out? Fam? I would probably just say don't send them like there's really no need if you really feel like it's necessary, at least at a bare minimum, do not have your face in them, because it's very dangerous.
Speaker 2: A circumstantial circumstances. Circumstantial, Yeah, circumstances, you know what I'm trying to say. That's way from a serious moments.
Speaker 1: Circumstance like circumstantial.
Speaker 2: That they should. You should judge it like who the person is, not to anyone, Just off like Tinder, and don't feel pressured into sending them either. Okay, So our next caller on the hot line is Annie.
Speaker 5: Hi, Matt and I have a weird first date story. So I was on Camper's job and this old woman who I were twe wanted to set me up with her son. So I said yes because she was a nice person, and so he abided me over to his place of for dinner. And not only I wouldn't do that for a first date to a stranger, but his mum, so.
Speaker 1: I forget it was fine.
Speaker 5: Anyway, cut to the first date, I rock up at his house and turns out he still lives at home, and so I had dinner with him and my colleague on our first dake.
Speaker 1: We didn't go out again. That's the idea.
Speaker 2: This goes back to the other hotline as well. And I have a very strong opinion on this. Don't ship where you eat. Yeah, keep it awkward, Yeah, like don't just yeah, Like I've always said, it's like, don't are you have a friends with like single friends, you know what I mean? Just don't know what expand out from people you sort of know, because it can make for fuck. Like imagine going to work after having dinner with your colleague and her son that was meant to be a date.
Speaker 1: There's billions of people in the world. Steer far away from people in your close circles like your work friends, your friendship.
Speaker 2: Groups, yeah, your friend's.
Speaker 1: Friends, your friends, your friends as boyfriends's group that doesn't need to be touched either.
Speaker 2: Like your siblings, boyfriends. Like you know, just just let it, like let it expand your horizon.
Speaker 1: And how fun is it when you meet someone and like they don't know anyone that you know, and you just get to totally form your own perception of them and just like really get to know them without like other people's like input. Like I remember once I met this guy and he had a very bad reputation, terrible reputation in fact, and when I first went on a date with him, I probably had about three or four girls being like watch out for him. He's the biggest fuck boy. He's gonna fuck you over. He does this on dates, he does that on dates, and like there was so much like cloudiness around him, and I think I actually remember bringing it to his attention, and I was just like, look, don't have the best reputation, Like a lot of people are telling me to avoid you, and he was like, you know, I think it was part of his like little you know, charm, being like so shocked that people would say that, Oh my god, what they would say that about me. I can't believe it. Now, in hindsight, I realized that they were all very very correct. But in the same breath, it's nice to meet someone where you don't have to listen.
Speaker 2: To the opinions form your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you formulate your own opinion of someone. And I think as well, like we've brought We've spoken about it on the podcast before. If you say to someone like, oh are you a fuck boy. Well, then in their mind they're going to be like, well, she thinks I'm a fuck boy, so I might as well act like one. Whereas like if you kind of have high expectations of someone like oh, you're an amazing guy, then in their mind they go, oh, she thinks I'm an amazing guy, so I'm going to show her how much of an amazing guy I can really be.
Speaker 2: Also, you can get a whole new group of friends, a whole new like people you've ever met before, and you're just learning new things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be careful that they're not a serial killer.
Speaker 2: You know, I always send it into the podcast if you want to hear the story.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if they're a serial killer, they'll probably be dead, then it's probably not. But no, like obviously, like with dating, obviously you have to be safe and like always you know, have people know where you are. It just goes without saying. But I think sometimes it's good to be reminded.
Speaker 2: The world is a massive place. There's heap, Like you said, billions of people out there.
Speaker 1: Some of them are a bit so.
Speaker 2: Let's like factor it down to maybe half a billion. But yeah, I just think that like maybe like maybe it could have been differently, what.
Speaker 1: Do you say, don't shoot where you eat? Don't that's they're basically our advice to you, and like you know, it's obviously their worst dating story.
Speaker 2: So coming in to work and you have to see that lady like that would be so.
Speaker 1: And also when it doesn't work out or not when but if it doesn't work out, that's just uncomfortable. And then when you have a new partner and you like start talking about it at work and she ever hears it and then she relates it back to the guy, or.
Speaker 2: If you have to put your partner in a situation in your new partner and then they're around people that you've dated before, like that makes for an awkward situation.
Speaker 1: Too close to home? Yeah, shot out? Yeah, Okay, guys, that's all we have time for on today's hot Line. We want to hear from you guys, so send to any Story Times that questions, advice or tea on any topic at all, to our Instagram or to Where's your Head aut pod at gmail dot com to be featured on an episode, and our producer Alex.
Speaker 2: Will be in to thank you. So you next time.
Speaker 1: Bye,