Speaker 1: On Sky Wields Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Winder Paney Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Paney Show. Coming up tonight, we have a digital only special and we've got the best of the best, the fabulous Panel featuring gab Power and Caroline Markers, the always insightful Kosure Gata on the latest from the US, and we do have a token mail tonight. My second favorite Texan Alex Stein will be here too.
Speaker 4: Let's jump right into it. Johnny min Now is host.
Speaker 3: Of The Power Hour, Gabriella Power and Sky News Senior reporter Caroline Marcus Ladies.
Speaker 4: Let's start with the University of Sydney.
Speaker 3: They're looking to hire a teen academics to help indigenize and decolonize their courses. One of the new roles is for a senior Education Design Officer who would be executing transformative curriculum projects aimed at embedding average regional and Torres Strait Islander knowledge perspectives, texts and media within curricula projects.
Speaker 4: Caroline, I'll start with you.
Speaker 3: Our students are prospective employers calling out for Sydney. You need to do this to decolonize the curriculum.
Speaker 5: I very much doubt it. I certainly haven't seen any such calls reader, But it's gener typical of our academia, isn't it. I mean, what does this even mean? Does decolonizing the curriculum mean you have to change the language because English is the language of the colonizers. After all, we're going to be expecting the students to do their courses in one of the many Aboriginal languages that there are in this country. Look, it's part of this sort of ridiculous move to decolonize everything. Just the other day we saw reports of moves to decolonized breastfeeding whatever that means. What Universe City of Sydney, which is the country's oldest university, should really be doing is de anti semitizing its campus because it was It holds the terrible honor of having the longest running pro Palestinian encampment on its grounds, which featured members of his book career and extremist Islamist group that the university failed to expel from its grounds who were part of these encampments, and its vice chancellor has had to apologize for Jewish students and staff for failing them so instead of putting their resources and their energies into tackling that racism. They introduced this whole new kind of segregation. It would seem a move to segregate Indigenous students from other races Australians, White Australians, foreign students. It's you know, it's completely mystifying to me, but it also doesn't surprise given what we see in institutions around this country.
Speaker 4: Gabby.
Speaker 3: We've seen universities using our money, our tax pay money to push this sort of activism, and I would say they're also selling false hope. We have so many junk degrees that really don't help the graduate find a good job and saddle them with debt, waste years of their time, and I'd like a little bit of focus on that because they seem to be just money making machines that are also in the business of activism.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and I couldn't agree more with what Caroline said. Sydney University needs to do a better job of focusing on getting rid of its anti Semitism after those disgusting displays that we saw last year where anti Semitism was allowed to fester. We saw those anti Israel encampments taking place Jewish students targeted and this just comes as no surprise that this is what Sydney University is doing. And if somehow decolonizing the curriculum was going to somehow achieve better outcomes for Indigenous Australians, and of course I'd support it, I absolutely would.
Speaker 1: I think everyone would.
Speaker 4: But it is activism.
Speaker 6: It is going to make no difference to the lives of Indigenous Australians. And I completely agree with what Just Enterprise has had to say on this issue today. She said that the University of Sydney is trying to ingrain separatist notions. She said that this is just another example of a demonstration of an inner city elites just entrenching ideas of separatism on our education system. And her point that she makes is that the latest Closing the Gap data suggests that Indigenous Australians are still behind other Australians in year twelve completion rates, and also that targets for Indigenous children to be developmentally on track are worsening. And so these ideas, oh, these issues rather should be taking priority, not these ideological concerns such as decolonizing the curricula. And she's absolutely correct. The priorities are completely wrong. Warren Mundine, of course, like the no vote last year, also claims that this is just in doctrination. We're not seeing universities challenging ideas, challenging concepts that you know, this should be a place where we are really way more free and engage in freedom of academic study. This is absolutely outrageous, but again it doesn't surprise me. It comes after and it's not Sydney Union that's alone in this. We just saw recently Mcquarie University. It's now under a view for making sure that students were marked on their ability to deliver an acknowledgment of country. Its something that is just so tokenistic.
Speaker 3: Yep, we voted no in the race based referendum, but the universities, the academics are just ignoring the people's will and are pushing ahead. They're doubling down on this race based activism. Now let's turn our attention to Minique Ryan's seat of Qyong, where some of our supporters have been busy destroying signs promoting the liberal candidate. They're Melia Hamer. Yesterday, this vision of Monique Ryan's husband Peter Jordan, tearing down a poster made headlines around the country. Are you a Monique Ryan supporter of ripping down people's signs?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 8: Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 9: It belongs to me. Hey, you can take it off the property, but it belongs to me.
Speaker 10: If it goes back up, it'll be taken down again.
Speaker 11: There you go, Monique Ryan, There you go community values.
Speaker 3: You can see he's not very apologetic there. But after that vision made it to the media, he did apologize. But now a number of other instances of the til MP supporters vandalizing Amelia Hamer post have come to light, including this one interat This is not a very good look for the MP gab even though she's not the one who's participating in this, it is her campaign. Her own husband was caught doing this. Ah, how do you think the electorate is going to view this?
Speaker 6: How embarrassing for Minnie Ryan and her husband. Thank goodness, he was caught on camera for trying to take down that poster, walking away claiming that it was illegal. But I was speaking to people in Victoria in that electric yesterday and they were saying they were telling me that this is nothing new.
Speaker 4: But what is.
Speaker 6: Different about it is that this sign was getting taken down in broad daylight. The vision that you just played there is what has been occurring. If you've got a Liberal Party poster at the front of your home, it's likely not going to last twenty four hours. People from different campaigns are tearing them down and it's.
Speaker 4: Just such a poor reflection.
Speaker 1: But I think the.
Speaker 6: People in Kunon know what they're getting with Monique Ryan. We saw her side with the Greens in parliamentary votes, and this election is going to be such a different one than the previous election, where the Tears were just campaigning on climate change. Everyone is concerned about the cost of living crisis, and so I think Monique Ryan is really going to struggle. Obviously, this is not a good look for her. It's highly embarrassing and it says a bit about Monique's Menique Ryan's husband I should say.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a mask when he was out there taking posters, because we know how much Monique Ryan loves a mask.
Speaker 12: Caroline.
Speaker 3: It's quite amusing because at the twenty twenty two election, Monique Ryan actually released a statement pledging and I quote here not to alter or damage the election collateral or electoral properties of other candidates, but it seems a husband and a number of her supporters don't share those sentiments.
Speaker 5: Well, either they've decided to move away from that promise or should they're just acting on their own accord. What I found pretty shocking in that video was how brazen it was of her husband. Not only did it happen in broad daylight, but I mean he's walking across the street with this huge poster on his arm. The person who caught him on camera was the homeowner's son. He asks him repeatedly, who are you?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 5: And he refuses to say, as if that wouldn't come out at some point it was, and then he obviously issues this belated apology once he is called and the footage goes on air and it goes viral. A little bit late for that, But you know, the other thing that the Teals campaigned on was, of course, integrity. Not just Monique Ryan, but all the Teals promised to have more integrity as a party. Wanted to call it out, wanted to call out the bullying, the shouting, And yet we see time and time again how either the Teals themselves, or their supporters, or even their spouse in this case engage in that same kind of conduct which has the polar opposite of integrity. You know, we've seen Zalie Staggle shout abuse at the Opposition leader Peter Dutton, having to withdraw her comments for calling him a racist on the floor of Parliament. We've seen a legros spender, the Teal MP for Wentworth just yesterday have to apologize for failing to declare another three trusts that she had she hadn't disclosed or log that came after seven companies that she failed to disclose. She said these were oversights, but this is not what they themselves campaigned on and people do need to see, voters, do you need to see that they're getting a politician like any other politician in many respects and sometimes even worse.
Speaker 3: Now, let's get the latest on the disaster that is Disney's reimagining of a snow White, the film with the lead actress Rachel Zegler campaigned for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: That hasn't helped.
Speaker 13: Think oh for Kamala Harris, and it's actually non negotiable. Our rates are on the line, folks, are reproductive rates. Come on Gov Up Blue and if you disagree with the sentiment.
Speaker 4: Just set the on follow button. I don't need your business. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Well, the reviews are in, and it's a film that has been widely panned. Even the most progressive publications really had nothing nice to say about it. It seems nothing will save this disaster. Let's look at some of the reviews. Just some of the summaries here. Lazy and visually repellent, said The Independent, Exhaustingly all full and toe curlingly terrible, said The Guardian. The most controversial Disney adult nightmare ever said Rolling Shown. A strange hot mess, said the Huffington Posts. And good enough for TV, said Vanity Affairs. That's possibly the most positive review we've found there. The box office figures aren't great either. It earned eighty seven million on its global debut against the estimated two hundred and fifty million it costs. Now, we see it will make more money, but you compare that to what The Lion King released back in twenty nineteen May. Just in America, in its first weekend, it was one hundred and ninety one million, So their expectations, obviously when they spend that sort of money, were a lot higher. Caro, it is a hot mess. Can they salvage something out of this?
Speaker 5: Oh? I don't think so, I really don't. I mean, eclomy shocks. But when you have the lead actress playing, you know, the title role in the film, coming out and alienating half of its potential audience by saying that Trump supporters, Trump voters and Trump himself should never know peace f Donald Trump. That's another one of her lines in the lead up to this film. What do you honestly expect? I mean, they had to stop actually promoting this film because the promotions itself were so bad. I mean, it's not just the politics of the main actress. It's everything from casting someone who is of mixed race in a role that is literally supposed to be about a woman whose skin is as white as snow, from taking out the seven wolves from the title of the movie because that's now seen as too problematic somehow. You know, Rachel Zegler was supposed to believe is just so striking that even the supermodel like Gal Goodot is supposed to be homicidically jealous of her. I mean, we're supposed to completely suspend our disbelief in this movie, apparently, And I just feel like she has this intense hatred for the material that she's working with.
Speaker 3: She called it weird.
Speaker 5: She said, the Prince literally stalks snow wide in the movie, and they didn't want to do that. So it's just everything from the contempt for the original material, to the politics, to the casting has been a huge problem for this. And I have to say, I'm very much at the age where I'm reading fairy tales to my children and it is refreshing to go back to those old classics that existed before a time of political correctness and wokeness, you know, went mental with these stories and just engage in some good old fashioned storytelling for children. So I will not be showing them this remake. I think I will stick with the original.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because you'd have to watch it with them and that would be painful. Yab Caroen mentioned the fact that that the seven Dwarves aren't in this and again, this supposedly progressive, tolerant, compassionate point of view, or we can't have dowarves. That's depriving seven actors of jobs, actors who don't actually get that many offers. And this is a film, a motion picture where they would have earned good money. Would have had amazing publicity and they're deprived of that because I don't know, because woe Hollywood has decided even featuring dwarves in a title is somehow politically incorrect.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and it kind of goes to Caroline's point that that's clear that there was some contempt for the original material, the fact that the dwarves weren't featured. Some of the comments that Rachel Zegler made, and you know, there is so much to say about her, just infuriating to watch some of the clips that you just played earlier, rita of her on the camp in the election campaign last year, promoting Kamala Harris. And you know, I think it's really on her to go back and correct the record now because she was spreading a lot of fear and disinformation that it was a campaign saying that, you know, reproductive rights are on the line. Now that we've got Donald Trump as president. I think she owes the American people an apology that actually reproductive rights were not on the line. There's no national abortion ban. Trump is putting measures in place to actually support people going through IVF. But I doubt Rachel Zegler is ever going to give Trump credit or correct the record herself, but she has made so many comments which show that she does have contempt for the original material. As Caroline suggested, she seems to be quite impressed that it's this woke remake and people aren't buying it. You know, you went through the figures earlier, but only forty three million dollars in ticket sales for the opening weekend on a film that costs two hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 4: That's not a lot of money.
Speaker 6: You went through and highlighted some comparison, So The Lion King in twenty nineteen one hundred and ninety one million dollars, Beauty and the Beast in twenty seventeen one hundred and seventy four million dollars. People do not want to watch this new woke remake of this movie, and it's been in trouble for a while. You know, they scaled back the premiere that they were supposed to have. There's been a lot of controversy over the kind of political commentary that Rachel Zegler has made and speaking to lots of different people, even some of my friends that have no interest in politics, go why they're ruining this movie? It's a film that we all loved, it's a fairy tale, and then all of a sudden it's being rewritten. And you know, some of the comments that Rachel Zegler has made are just going viral online for all the wrong reason. She's so out of touch, and I think it really puts a bit of pressure on Disney about where it's heading. Are they going to get keep doing these remakes where they have to try and make them work or change the narrative and change the story completely doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Well, they could just write a new story.
Speaker 3: I means, you don't have to take a classic fairy tale that's been loved for generations and destroy it. You can just write a new story about an empowered girl who wants to be a great leader and not call it snow white. Now, talk about Gwen Stefani. She could be your sister, Carrie. You to look very much alike. But this poor woman is facing This is a massive pop star, has been for well decades now, but she's facing this tsunami of hate, probably unlike anything she's experienced in her career. Or because she praised a video featuring Tucker Carlson. This was on X and she called it an enlightening, intelligent, beautiful interview. Caro, it was an interview where they were discussing God, Christianity, and yet for the feral left, just the fact that Tucker Carlson was involved was enough to see her viciously trolled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she's been called now this full on MAGA supporter just because she.
Speaker 6: Tweeted that there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this is how the left and they cancel culture operates because it was acceptable to enjoy Gwen Stefani's music when she was a Democrat supporter, which she was and a donor. She hasn't even said that she is a Trump supporter, by the way, she hasn't even come out and had to say that. It's just these little clues that people are picking up on that Ooh, she may be an evil red hat wearing supporter. We can't support her. And people are saying, oh, she must follow her husband, Blake Shelton's politics because he's probably a Republican. He's a country singer. I mean, isn't that quite sexist in itself? Ultim believe that she can't have her own views as a woman, she must be taking her husband's views, but far from me. It to be it for me to suggest that, you know, democrats may be sexist. Look, no, it's ridiculous. Gwen Stefani is a cult icon, but she's constantly had these jabs being taken at her and from her music being problematic because it featured Japanese Harry Heiri girls and ridiculous, just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is ridiculous. So we've run out of time, Gab. But Blake Shelton's involvement is also hilarious. The fact that he's a country singer, so you must definitely be a Republican and if he's marrying her, then she must be a Republican. But yeah, this is the celebrity world. This is the feral Left. They think they own singers, actors, athletes, and any of them deviating from that group think of the left, they get attacked like this is a warning to others.
Speaker 4: Ladies.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure, thanks for your time tonight. Now it's time for left is losing it. This next clip is delicious. It's got my favorite ingredient, a big fat dose of instant karma. Watch here are some deranged Karen accosts a man on the New York subway for the crime of wearing a mega cap.
Speaker 4: She felt emboldened to be.
Speaker 3: A nasty blee, after all, she's in deep blue New York. But listen as others in the carriage tell her to back off, and they also tell her that people like her are the reason why Trump won. Enjoy and the best bit is about to come because this maga hating loser is about to land flat on her face.
Speaker 11: Literally, how good is that?
Speaker 4: Can you believe?
Speaker 3: That crazy woman chase that poor kid? As I said, instant karma. Now, the Democrats are in all sorts of trouble. Their approval rating is under thirty percent in the twenties, and the party is now being taken over by the lunious far left radical commis to ever be elected to public office in the United States. Among them is this charmer from the great state of Texas. Let's listen to how Jasmine Crockett used to sound.
Speaker 14: No one could have told me that when I went down to Austin. Now, what's it's like a little bit over a year ago that I would be running for Congress. So it's not what my plan.
Speaker 3: Was, what a nice girl, but marvel here at the accent switch or code switch as the kids call it.
Speaker 4: The trans kids. They want to play the sports lord, have mercy. That is the biggest issue that we had, says Win.
Speaker 14: Since Win find the little trans child that is ruining your life, like I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm just like talk about Kamala two point zero, God forbid. And now that she's adopted this ghetto persona. Despite her private school education, including at the very expensive, very exclusive ro It's College, Jasmine has been accused of in citing violence.
Speaker 14: On March twenty ninth, It's my birthday and all I want to see happen on my birthday is for Eli to be taken down.
Speaker 4: Yes, what a nice girl.
Speaker 3: And here she talks about wanting to punch opponents, including Ted Kruz.
Speaker 14: I think that you punch.
Speaker 4: I think you punch you.
Speaker 14: Okay, we're punching, but.
Speaker 4: Like it's dere Cruz.
Speaker 14: I mean like this dude has to be knots over the head like hard, right, Like there is no niceties with him, like at all, Like you you go clean.
Speaker 15: Off on him, right?
Speaker 3: Yes, the modern Democrats are the party of Neo Marxis, like IOC and Bernie Sanders. They're leading the party right now, leading them straight to the depths of hell.
Speaker 4: Isn't just about Republicans either.
Speaker 8: We need a Democratic party that fights harder for us too.
Speaker 9: We have a message for mister Trump, and.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: We will not allow you to move this country into an oligarty.
Speaker 3: No wonder Gavin Usam is trying to relaunch himself as a moderate, not the far left governor of California. He's got a fair bit of baggage. Even CNN can see that. What chere as he claims that no one in his office would use the woke term LATINX latinxes, I like to say, except well someone did.
Speaker 15: By the way, not one person ever in my office has ever used the word LATINX.
Speaker 4: So can we finally put that to bad Yeah?
Speaker 1: But where did that even know?
Speaker 15: More LATINX everybody? Well, I just didn't even know where it came from. And like, what are people talking about?
Speaker 4: But there was a person who used LATINX. It was actually a really important person.
Speaker 5: It was him, right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: And look, these aren't minor shifts.
Speaker 6: These are progressive issues that Gavin Newsom used to champion until fairly recently, and now he's not just walking away from them, he's sort of acting like they were never legitimate.
Speaker 15: I hope we can really putterly paint a picture in terms consciousness of how impactful this has been on the LATINX community. LATINX community, the LATINX and black communities got politicians that are banning not assault rifles, but the word LATINX.
Speaker 4: They're not even serious joining me now?
Speaker 3: Is Sky News contributor Kosha geta kosher We just saw Gavin News him there. He must see a golden opportunity here to appear like the moderate, the sane, sensible choice. But given how rady cool he has been a San Francisco mayor as California governor, can you really pull it off?
Speaker 4: Or is there's just too much baggage.
Speaker 16: There's a lot of baggage, and in this era we live in with unlimited videotape and clips immediately come out to counter them. It's really hard to just completely brush under the rug what you've done. But I do think the right should dismiss him at their own peril because he is a very savvy operator. He presents very well, he's good looking, has the hair, is now he's doing this thing of inviting right wing people onto his podcast. It's all part of the strategy because he does see, as you say, a void in there, there is an obvious leader. He's crafting his entry onto the national stage for obvious reasons, and we'll.
Speaker 4: See if it works.
Speaker 16: Well, see if it works. I find it difficult just because his record is so far left outside of the means from the party, and that will come out.
Speaker 3: Like he's had just significant failures in California. But like you said, he's going to have the media on his side. He's very good looking, he's charismatic. People who are not particularly engaged in politics would I think, be a little bit bamboozled by his presentation. He seems like someone who is competent. But then you look at what's happening in California and it's a mess.
Speaker 16: It is, and I think the wildfires as an example. You know, things feed because memories are short, but just the video and the imagery around that is going to live on for a very long time. And he presided over that along with others. So I do think he's got an uphillar battle, but do not discount him.
Speaker 3: Now mentioned Jasmine Crockett's ill considered comments. Earlier, Attorney General Pam Bondi has had this warning for the Democrat after she was accused of inciting violence.
Speaker 1: Now you have this congresswoman Crockett who is calling for attacks on Elon Musk on her birthday. Let's take him out on my birthday, she says. Yet she turns and says, oh, I'm not calling for violence. Well, she is an elected public official, and so she needs to tread very carefully.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk has death threats against incredible death threats, many of them. You would think any politician would not be pouring fuel on that fire. And those comments where you think they amount to incitement or not, they're unwarranted.
Speaker 16: Absolutely. So the bar for legal standard for incitement is very very high for good reason in the US. And as long as they're playing with words, you know, it's just words. But they do skirt awfully close to that line and be that as it made. It's not about legal adjudication, it's about just what a leader of a constituency should behave like. But the thing is that they do have a political shield where they know that it is difficult for Pamboni or somebody on the other side to really go after them and litigate them even if that's true. So they use that and that's why you see her. You see Maxine Waters comes to mind. She used to see pushback. You had Chuck Schumer reaping the whirlwind against the Supreme Court on the steps. You had Governor Phil Murphy of New Jersey seeing openly that he's eating in a betting and illegal on top of his garage, which is against the laws. So they're definitely coming very close to that line. And we'll see how much the other side pushes back.
Speaker 3: And this is after a Republican was shot during a baseball game, Steve Scilice, and it seems to have really not sent the message home that they do have lunatic supporters who could take something that he said, even if it's kind of ingest, kind of not and do some damage.
Speaker 4: Now we talked about.
Speaker 3: Who's going to be the next lead day is at AOC?
Speaker 4: Is it Bernie Sanders?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: Gavin Usen? Kamala Harris is the one who's leading the polls. This is how badly the Democrats going. The failed presidential candidate is the most popular option for twenty twenty eight, according to a recent pole. Surely she can't run again. Do you think she has the appetite to do it? And would they be stupid enough to run her again? Because she was a uniquely terrible candidate appetite.
Speaker 16: I think she very well made invisibility. We've seen that before because she has never won anything competitive. She's great at getting appointed.
Speaker 5: She's really good at.
Speaker 16: Climbing the internal machinery of the Democrat Party. Yes, her positions in California were elected, but in California, as long as you're the chosen one within the Democrats are pretty much guaranteed that position. And we've seen how she's done every other which way. I think those pools just have recency bias, that she's frashened people's minds. So she palls well, but it's.
Speaker 4: Not gonna last.
Speaker 3: And I think there's a little bit of sympathy because she did lose and lost badly, lost the popular vote, lost every swing state. So I would imagine if you're a Democrat, you'd feel a little bit sorry for her. And this was a poll of Democrats and left leaning independence. Now let's play this clip of Bill. He's among those who can read the data and read it well and see the blue states are losing population, They're losing people, and they're losing power.
Speaker 2: California is projected to lose three seats, New York two also going to lose a seat. Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Illinois or blue states. Who's getting these Texas, Florida, Idaho, and Utah. I mean, this looks like game over.
Speaker 4: It's very interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Because there has been a lot of fear that all these Californians and New Yorkers, all these left leaning people moving to places like Tennessee and Texas and Florida, we're going to turn those states purple or perhaps blue down the track that were going to take their voting records with them. But perhaps it's actually going to work the other way, that their population shift is going to see more power for the red states.
Speaker 16: So there's another counter dynamic at play. So the thing underputting this, as you see is it's mass exodus from states and cities and counties that they ruined with far left policies, and then they themselves don't want to live in them, whether it's taxes or cultural things or everything else. So they believe and crime yeap things that really affect your day to day real life, and there is that problem on the downstream trickle effect of that in local elections and the people that end up coming in they do drift the lifestyle of the red states more blue. But the counter dynamic over here that Bill Maher is touching on is just a straight up mathematics because the House seats are based on apportionment. If suddenly two percent of the population moves from California to wherever Florida, then they lose to house seats Florida gains. And also he didn't mention this, but it would impact the electoral votes potentially, which is based on the same thing census counting of the population in each state, and that magical path to victory of two seventy nine. It could look differently in a few years if enough of this recalibration happens.
Speaker 3: I do wonder if that trend is going to continue now that Trump is president, because.
Speaker 4: Is his impact going to be in our to keep people.
Speaker 3: In blue states or are they going to be even more likely to flee to the red states where they can see this alignment between that state and the White House and the policies that are being advocated.
Speaker 16: It's a good point because if the big picture improves the or role economy and wages and the job market and crime and all of that that's under his purview, maybe it'll make the left wing states more tolerable to them, because there is a lot to love about those states. California and New York have amazing things about them that people I'm sure the bar is hire to finally leave them. The problem is they think local politics and especially schools, where that's the stuff that really hits home. And as long as they keep letting boys play in girls sports and things like that, I do think you'll see families pick up and move.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a big stuff up for the Trump administration, and really, if this reporting is accurate, then heads need to roll. The leftist activist editor in chief of The Atlantic magazine, Jeffrey Goldberg was included on a message chain in which top Trump administration officials discussed strikes against the Hucci terror group in Yemen. Kosha this would be a stunning breach of national security. One of the men in that message, China Defense Secretary Peter Hegsitt, was asked about the breach.
Speaker 8: Can you share how your information about war plans against the Hoopis and Yemen was shared with a journalist in the Atlantic, and where those details classified details.
Speaker 9: So you're talking about a deceitful and highly discredited so called journalists who's made a profession of pedaling hopes his time and time again to include the I don't know the hopes is of Russia Russia, Russia, or the fine people on both sides hopes or suckers and losers hopes. So this is the guy that pedals in garbage is.
Speaker 1: What he does.
Speaker 3: Kosher whoever's responsible, I don't care who was an innocent mista, whether it was incompetence or malicious.
Speaker 4: They have to go.
Speaker 3: If this is accurate, it is such an enormous breach, and you would just think in the second Trump term, mistakes like this can't happen.
Speaker 16: It's not good and they have very little margin fair so on the merits of it already because it's about a military strike national security. Potentially we haven't seen all the messages that were in there, but potentially there was classified or highly sensitive at least materials being used in that channel. And then this journalist who is not a friend of the administration at all, accidentally or maybe it was sabotage.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 16: We'll find out. We may never find out. I think the issue is if it was Mike Walls in particular, that's one thing that's out there in the reporting. He also does bring a lot to the table national Security advisor, and so the role he's playing with negotiating all these deals globally, I'm sure President Trump will weigh that opposite, you know, this breach if it were at staff for a little bit different. And I'll also make the point that it would show I think leadership if they did something, especially if it's a staffer, because the same has not happened in other branches, like the Supreme Court never told us who lickd the Dobs decision, which was definitely malpractice or sabotage. And if he does that over here, I think it's a good message, but we'll find out.
Speaker 3: It's incredible because the journalist that's involved in this, Jeffrey Goldberg, is no ordinary journalist, no ordinary editor. He has been at the forefront complicit in multiple hoaxes and anti Trump propaganda, including the Fine People hoax. So for him to be the one involved, I think is astonishing. We will have to wait and see just what the real truth is behind this story.
Speaker 4: Now, let's talk about the peace.
Speaker 3: Still between Russia and Ukraine that's being negotiated, and the New York Post reports that despite the very tense meeting with the US president last month, Ukrainian President Zelenski believed Trump remains Ukraine's strongest weapon against Russian President Vladimir Putin. President Zolenski believes Trump is looking for a big win on the world stage by ending the war, and he said if he wants to, Trump can squeeze concessions from the Russians because he seems to be the only one that Putin fears. Zelenski said that to Time magazine. It was his first interview since that Oval Office dust up. It's been interesting to see how the fallout from that has progressed. We saw Europe beating its chest and making all sorts of pronouncements about boots on the ground, but it's gone back to the US negotiating this piece. Still, it's gone back to precisely what the White House wanted all.
Speaker 16: Along, return to the fundamentals. After all that doest settled. He's right, I think a lot of the points he made President Zelenski in that piece where he says that ultimately the US is his strongest weapon true because without the US, they don't stand a chance. Was famously put out into public and that meeting.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 16: I think he was honest when he said that Trump is the one person Putin fears, and we can litigate that word, but at least he wasn't saying Trump is Putin's puppet, which is something that the other side has been saying for far too long, and he is right. The third thing he said is that the US can squeeze Russia if they want. I think that's the key here. That the administration may not necessarily want that because they look through the lens of realism. They want to recalibrate US and Russia relationships. Doesn't mean it's perfect, doesn't mean everybody is perfect, but is that a better strategy for advancing US interests when you look at China and everything else? And that's kind of where he's going, So that's what they're looking at. Legacy does matter to Trump for sure, and the administration they want the win for political and legacy reasons. All of that is true. And if there's enough alignment across all the players on the chessboard, then hopefully a deal happens soon.
Speaker 3: And do you get the impression that what's best for the US is going to be at the heart of this steal. Of course, going to try to negotiate Advanche is still for Ukraine, but it also has to benefit America, because that's everything that.
Speaker 4: Trump cares about.
Speaker 3: And this point about putin fearing Trump that Zelenski made well, the fact that he didn't do anything during Trump's first term and now seems to be cooperating for now. It says something because we've seen him behave very differently with Biden and.
Speaker 16: Barackob undeniably, and that point was made about the campaign. People get it intuitively, and I think that's also why the Trump administration they're going to try and negotiate, hopefully as something with a lasting impact, because if the strategy is that he fears only the person in the White House now, that will end in three quarter years from now, and so putting in place something that is stickier would be beneficial for everybody.
Speaker 3: Well, there was that rumor that did the rounds and that the Trump camp did nothing to spell it that he threatened to bomb Moscow if Vladimir Putin's forces invaded Russia during his first term, and.
Speaker 4: Fuchsion obviously took that seriously.
Speaker 3: Whether whether he was ever going to follow through or not is a different story, but the doubt was enough to see him refrain from doing that.
Speaker 4: Koshagta, thank you so much for your.
Speaker 3: Time tonight, Joining me now is comedian and host of Primetime with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. Alex Elon Musk's transgender son has.
Speaker 4: Featured in teen Vogue.
Speaker 3: Vivian Jenna Wilson is also very active online.
Speaker 5: Would you give us some of your political beliefs?
Speaker 1: Kill everyone now, condone first degree murder, advocate cannibalism, felther my politics, felt is my life?
Speaker 3: Take whatever you like, and the twenty year old had plenty of nasty things to say about his father. He said, he's a pathetic man child. I'm not giving anyone that space in my mind. The only thing that gets to live free in my mind are drag queens. Alex Vivian's story is part of the reason why Elon Musk changed from a Democrat to a Republican, why he's so determined to do something about their woke mind virus, as he calls it, because his son started transitioning as a youngster.
Speaker 10: Well, you're exactly right. I mean, having your son to become a girl would be very traumatic, and I think that you would be able to easily see that it would be the indoctrination that these children are getting in the normal public schools or even the private schools. But what's happening here, Rita, and this is the problem that's happening in most schools when a young person decides to transition. We wouldn't let an eighteen year old, if you're under eighteen, get a tattoo. Why do we let young kids transition? The reason they do it, Rita, is because they want attention. And when your dad is one of the richest people in the world that is busy running ten different companies, how else can you get your father's attention other than trying to do something that's incredibly extreme, like changing your sex. So in a way, it is very sad. This story is very sad, But maybe it radicalized Elon Musk to speak out against this and actually change the narrative and you know, change the whole trajectory that we're currently on when it comes to this gender ideology and doctrination.
Speaker 3: Now we've spoken about the box office disaster that is Disney's Snow White, and the lead actress's delusions of grandeur are not helping here. She compares herself to a priceless piece of art, the winged victory.
Speaker 7: To everyone who hates when I win. The winged victory came to the Loop in pieces, and people still line up to see her.
Speaker 4: And I can only help.
Speaker 7: That despite my flaws, by my craps and my breaks, and there are many of them, at every premiere and everything I do, people will wait in line to see Alex.
Speaker 3: What has been the reaction to Disney is that life is expensive one goal.
Speaker 10: Well, the reaction has been absolutely horrible. It is the worst box office from a Disney live action remake that they've ever done. In Dumbo didn't do very well, but this is actually performing much lower than Dumbo. And this couldn't happen to a better person. In my opinion, Rachel is literally the star of a Disney movie, and she acts like she's some sort of victim, and that's the sort of mentality that is just poisoning people's minds, Like she acts like her life is so bad considering she's a multi millionaire actress living out every struggling actresses or actors dream, and she just kind of, you know, hand waves it like she's still some sort of victim, when in reality, she should be a movie star, she should be happy, she should be you know, a political or positive but she's not that way. She loves Kamala Harris. She was, you know, as woke as they are, and you know, you know, they're saying, you know, go woke, get broke, and Disney's going to lose money on this movie. And I believe it only made less than a million dollars in China, which is a huge indication that it will not do well globally.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, may she didn't have a post saying if you're going to vote for Trump, just unfollow me, and I think a lot of people have just taken that advice and not supportive of her projects. And in fact, if the film is as bad as they say, you're not going to go along and watch it anyway. Now, another project that isn't doing it too well is Michelle Obama's podcast. The figures haven't been great and she's out there promoting, and you've got to give her credit for that. She's out there doing interviews, and in this one, she's asked about her political ambitions.
Speaker 12: When people ask me what I ever run, the answer is no, you know, I mean you then if you ask me that, then you have absolutely no idea the sacrifice that your kids make when your parents are in that world. I think we've done enough, question asked and answered, never going to happen, Alex.
Speaker 3: The Obamas have done enough. I think we can agree with that.
Speaker 10: Oh, they've done more than enough. But you know, I think there's real trouble in paradise. I think that's why you know she's not going to run. It's because her and Barock or you know, they're on the rocks, and she wants to blame her children, and you know that's her prerogative. But if her and Barock were still in love, I don't know why she wouldn't consider running for president, considering that she's probably more talented than Kamala Harris, and that is you were just talking about earlier. You know, that is who they predict to be the next candidate for the next presidential election. So they have nobody to put up or president that is actually likable, that has really achieved anything that is noteworthy. So I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make her do this. But she's not going to run because her and Obama are obviously having relationship issues. So she has bigger fish to fry than trying to run for president.
Speaker 4: And that podcast.
Speaker 3: You are familiar with the medium, You would have participated in many successful podcasts. What would you advise her if you were her producer?
Speaker 4: How would you improve it?
Speaker 3: Because thus far it has been not exactly been compelling, and it hasn't been pulling in the figures.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you want my honest opinion, how does she make a successful podcast? It'd be easy just say she loves Donald Trump. If she became conservative, it would be the number one podcast. If she started talking like, oh I love Trump, everybody would have to go listen to it. So I'm just saying, if she wants numbers, she wants views, she should do the opposite of what we expected she should become. You know, she should be you know, a big Trump supporter Trump podcast. Think about the numbers that that would do.
Speaker 3: You know what you're onto something she doesn't even have to go that far.
Speaker 4: If she just.
Speaker 3: Deviates on one issue from the leftist group.
Speaker 4: Think, it can be anything.
Speaker 3: It could be men's in men in women's sport, it could be net zero craziness, It could be any number of policies. If she just took one of those and took a contrary position to the left, yes, it would have a huge reaction. Now, before you go, I'm going to ask you about the Venezuelan gang bangers being sent back to their home country, despite the fact that we've got activist judges, some of them appointed by Barack Obama, like Judge Patricia Millet, who are frustrating the efforts of the Trump administration to deport these gang bangers. This judge has even said, Alex that these prisoners are being treated worse than Nazis.
Speaker 4: What's your response to that.
Speaker 10: It's ironic that she compared flying Venezuelan gang bangers back to their home country of Venezuela as worse than the Nazis retreated, Considering after World War Two, it's a well known fact that a bunch of Nazis tried to run away to Venezuela, So that doesn't even make sense. She just doesn't even know her world's history. So trust me, those Nazis would love to be in Venezuela instead of the Nuremberg Trial. So she's insane. She's trying to handwave if I said that earlier, but she's trying to act like the Holocaust wasn't a big deal anytime she says that. And I hate that. I hate that they always use that term Nazi because it's just so misused and it's not what's happening to these Venezuelan immigrants. I got a free trip back home. I mean I would anybody would accept a free plane trip back home. We should have sent him back in the back of a bus my personal opinion, but you know I'm not Tom Holman.
Speaker 4: Alex Stean, thank you so much for your Tom tonight.
Speaker 10: Thank you read always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: And that's it for this special digital only edition. We'll be back to glob programming Wednesday evening, with Douglas Murray joining me at eleven pm.