Speaker 1: Do you know every now and then, Andrew Hayes, you have to ask in life what the fork? What the fork is that about? Why the fork?
Speaker 2: Are there no forks in any business across South Australia. Ever, this can be expanded out. Sometimes you're at the gym and you look at someone doing something strange. You go, what the fork are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That happened to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're exposing them, Thank goodness. You know, I go to my gene. I'mmitted as well that sometimes I'm the only person in the gym. I'm done a little chest session. Then why my shirt's gone missing? I'll give myself a little bit of mirror feedback.
Speaker 2: Why would I get changed in the toilet change room? Is when I can get changed in the car park near the boot of my car.
Speaker 1: And you know I did that because everyone knows you do that.
Speaker 4: Serious. That was genuinely open information.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the podcast everyone. There is nothing I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hang on, we need to chat about that. What the fork for? It's back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So just briefly to explain this segment, what the fork are? Those every day little things that you look at in life could be other humans, could be dogs, could be.
Speaker 1: Horses whatever, But you go, what the fork? What the fork is happening?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Had horses?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Here we are what the fork of horse has got to do with this segment.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is it could be absolutely anything. And so this is on the back of the fact that there are no forks in any workplace ever.
Speaker 1: So we were like, what the fork? But it can apply to anything.
Speaker 2: So please get involved four double nine nine nine one nine if you'd like to and give us a call in a moment thirteen twenty four ten, because this is the gym edition of What the Fork. And on the line, we've got a school holiday package. So that's a one hundred dollars reading cinema voucher and a two hundred dollars beach house voucher.
Speaker 1: Worth getting involved, certainly is worth getting in. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I was at the gym this week mid morning, minding my own business as I do, just trying to get through a token workout to maintain some sort of semblance of fitness.
Speaker 4: Are you dedicating an entire spot this morning to try and tell everyone that you went to the gym?
Speaker 1: No, but it was what I saw next at my gym.
Speaker 2: That I have never ever experienced in my whole entire existence of going.
Speaker 5: To the gym.
Speaker 2: So a guy struts in, he's probably I don't know, eighteen nineteen, got like a fairly aggressive street kit on. Yeah, and next minute, in the major thoroughfare where people are like bang smack in the middle of the gym, he starts breakdancing.
Speaker 3: When you say break dancing, what are we talking about? That thinking where they're like spin on their head and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like where they spin around on their back like a turtle. He's doing handstand and doing the whole thing in the air. Where you going, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was so aggressive.
Speaker 3: Andrew, those guys are unbelievable athletes.
Speaker 2: Well, so I was like explaining it to you and you were like, yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Good on him. But I sort of feel like, this guy's gone, I've.
Speaker 2: Got this real niche skill and it's too good to be doing just in my own laud troop.
Speaker 1: So you know where I'm going to take it. I'm going to take it to the gym.
Speaker 4: We've got to take it to a public domain because there's no spots free and rundle more the minute.
Speaker 1: No exactly right.
Speaker 2: The only thing that could have made this story better is if he had have brought his own.
Speaker 4: Cardboard contractor yeah, that's true with the big cardboard square.
Speaker 1: Did you dabble in breakdancing with Erikid?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I think even as a kid, you look at it and you're like, wow, that just looks dangerous, particular when they genuinely spin on their head.
Speaker 1: That's what he was. He wasn't spinning on his head, but.
Speaker 4: I know that what you're talking about, where I sort of get their shoulders involved and they're spinning around like they're genuine athletes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he was.
Speaker 2: I have to say, and I feel weird saying this about a nineteen year old boy, but he was.
Speaker 1: Ripped like he was jacked.
Speaker 4: Finally he's getting the feedback that he deserves. This is why he goes to the gym to do it.
Speaker 3: God going off the tools.
Speaker 2: Third forty year old bond woman, I was whow thirteen twenty four to ten?
Speaker 1: Please get him involved in this? What the fork? What the fork?
Speaker 2: Have you seen at your Jim that you've just gone what is going on here?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of kick boxing and like shadow boxing. People do a lot of that as well, so.
Speaker 4: That's interesting behavior when you're imitating other sports, because either you go there on the cardio, you get on the weights, but when you're doing other things, like if you're a goal umpire and you're just aggressively practicing your behind signal, it's a real solid shoulder workout.
Speaker 3: You've got a mixed up to your left and you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Imagine David Rohaden.
Speaker 2: Doing that and that run where they do with the behind their backs and they just go, yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: A black of eye gym who at least twice I reckon during your chest workout, that's taken your shirt off and how to look at the mirror.
Speaker 5: Oh no, thoughts on that, really, Yeah, thoughts on that. That's definitely Me's only when I want one hundred percent know.
Speaker 1: That there's no one there, you will take your share off.
Speaker 3: And I did at one door.
Speaker 4: I did it one time, and the boke who owned the gym was like, hey, have a look at this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got some vision of.
Speaker 1: Your Oh no, he got sprung. Give us a golt thirteen twenty four to ten. What have you seen at the gym?
Speaker 2: A one hundred dollars reading Cinema's voucher and a two hundred dollars beach house. About your on the line, So these school holidays is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Let's take it out with this. Yeah, what a banger bag in the day.
Speaker 1: Katie from Highbury? What have you seen it your gym?
Speaker 6: Good morning. I'm going to throw myself under.
Speaker 7: The bus here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I had just had a baby and decided I was going to start some gym classes. So I was rushing to get out the door one day to go to class. Got myself there, started the class and I felt something like sweeping along my bottom, and I thought, oh, oh no, I've looked down and I've put my legings on inside out. Now this brand of legans, the tag was not a tag. This tag like a novel. It was like long that was page to it. And it is sweeping me on my bottom. And I'm thinking, I've got two choices here, right, stay in the class or run out in tears. Okay, yeah, I've decided to stay in the clark. There were these two girls behind me in the class. Now, these girls had not just pushed a baby out of their body in the last four months, okay, they were they had gone to the gym a fair bit. Ye, and one of them taps me on the shoulder and goes, xxyu's me your leggings on inside out?
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: In my mind in that split second, I've gone, you own this or you run out in tears, and I've gone I've got to own it. And I just turned around and went yeah, I know, and kept going on.
Speaker 2: With the cars.
Speaker 3: Great minds, exactly the look I'm going.
Speaker 7: For, Katie.
Speaker 1: I love that you.
Speaker 2: And also Katie's tired, man, she's just had a baby. She's got no sleeper.
Speaker 3: Speak going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to where we're going.
Speaker 2: John from Craigmore, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 6: Going good.
Speaker 1: What the forg happened in the gym?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 8: I was a on a cruise ship and I had a lady in a full ball gown with a martini and high heels on the treadmill.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's really mixing it all up, isn't. It's a bit of fitness with a bit of downtime.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then she decided he called a throt in the the toilet.
Speaker 2: Good, very good.
Speaker 4: No, I can't remember that. Were you giving a pete session? One of the girls from Absolutely Fabulous.
Speaker 2: I think so good on John, That's amazing. Lauren from Parkside, what the forg happened in the gym?
Speaker 9: Dell, So mine's note as wholesome as the other two. I do cross it, and I have done cross it for a few years, so I have seen stuff. Ye, but I'm going to mention the time that my best friend brought a new guy that she started seeing to the gym who hadn't done crossed it before. And basically she brought him on like a heavy deadlift day we were testing our three rms. Anyway, sure the details are necessary in this point. So he had gone to like where the weight belt sections are to find like the weight belt popped it on went the lift. On his second rep, as he fully extended at the top, there was this beautiful assortment of diarrhea that had left his body. Yeah, on the back of the leg and it dropped on the platform. I just felt the worst buckethead embarrassment. I mean, yeah, it's common that girls from sometimes a little bit of wheat, you know, like if you're a girl, you can totally relate to that. But yeah, this poor guy anyways, did are not coming back to the gym for the second time. And as I mentioned, I definitely think it's all about the community in this case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go on being welcoming, you know.
Speaker 2: And so after that happened, everyone stood back and went, oh my god, Andrew Hayses' ibs struck again the.
Speaker 3: Worst possible time. Lauren Crosby, is you guys push too hard? Calm down? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well we definitely braced too hard, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to give fee school holiday package to Katie, who owned her post birth moment when she wore pants back to front.
Speaker 3: There you go, Katie, Congratulations Katie.
Speaker 6: The kids can take their embarrassing mom out and I'll put my pants on backwards.
Speaker 1: Please distress yourself appropriately. Thanks Katie.
Speaker 4: The beach House is a perfect destination for a fun field day out. It's more at their house the beach House.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just I love it. How how many times you can relate with Katie? Because how many times have you been coming here with stop your shirt on the wrong way, your pants on your head?
Speaker 4: Time he came in and you had a shoe on your ear, You're like, I've just got change in the dark.
Speaker 1: What if dot com helps ossies make the most out of every.
Speaker 4: Trip book, a hotel, fight, lay, check out and spa all before you can say bricky, my fat, jump on.
Speaker 7: The waterfout and get started.
Speaker 3: What if it's Ossie for travel.
Speaker 4: She's a love a wedding, did you Ah? Wedding is just as good as it gets. Good music, good food, good people, everyone looking schmick.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, I just I thought you were sort of in bed by eight pm type.
Speaker 4: That's like, oh not on the weekends. Baby, Let's tell you what I've had my time again. Man, car might have just set things up a little bit differently. According to an Instagram post from McDonald's Indonesia, the restaurant is now offering a wedding catering package that includes a crowd pleasing one hundred chicken burgers and one hundred four pack of McNuggets. The cost of the entire package costs three point five million Indonesian repairs, which is equal to about two hundred and thirty three bucks on age. Oh that's so, I mean, if you could go back in time, I know.
Speaker 2: Given the most weddings these days, you pay about two hundred bucks ahead anyway, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: Upwards at forty or fifty thousand dollars, particularly if you have any Italian wedding could cost you four or five million. How many at your wedding, mister Italian man, Oh, five hundred? People didn't know two hundred of them.
Speaker 2: I spoke to a guy who was going to an Italian wedding last week and it was like four hundred guests, and that was just cousins.
Speaker 1: It was literally just cousins and their families.
Speaker 4: Eighth generation cousin. Great stuff, get involved. Thirteen and twenty four ten. We want to hear about the random and quirky little add ons, I'm going to say, at your.
Speaker 3: Weddings, right, because people try and be different, don't they. They want to make it unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want to stand out.
Speaker 3: I took a little trip around the world over the weekend.
Speaker 4: It's nice just to summerse myself in some different cultures, went to a few different weddings.
Speaker 3: What about in China? And I'm not lying here.
Speaker 4: In certain parts of China, crying is a required part of preparation for marriage. A month before the forthcoming nuptials, brides will cry for one hour each day. Ten days into the ritual, the bride is joined by her mother and ten days after that, the bride's grandmother joins the weeping duo, and eventually other female family members will join in the cacophony of crying. They prepare themselves to cry. It's not a good sign for Chinese men, is it. No, it's not that they're crying before they even start, and that's on you. Chinese men read this as well. South Korea, it's customary to beat the groom's feet. South Korean grooms are subjected to a certain ritual before they can leave with their new wives, beating of their feet. A groomsman or family members remove the groom's shoes and buying his ankles with wrote before taking terms of beat his feet with a stick, in some cases a dried piece of fish. It's obviously painful. The ritual is over very quickly. It's supposed to be funny. This is my favorite too from Kenya.
Speaker 2: Stop there explaining why why, I don't know, why are they beating the groom's feet with a fish?
Speaker 4: Well, that's supposed to be a little bit funny, but I don't know. You're going to have to get in touch with the South Koreans on that one, and they're hard to get hold of you better believe that.
Speaker 1: There's no internet and everything is good, evenly sensored.
Speaker 3: Everything is absolutely sensored.
Speaker 4: This is my favorite, and this is why I want to move to Kenya. Massi marriage spitting. It's often customary for the father of the bride to spit on his daughter's head and breasts before she leaves with a new husband. This is absolutely outrageous. Who saw this coming? In fact, I don't want to move here at all. No, so before I want to move here, quite the opposite. What might seem like a strange, disrespectful customs certain cultures actually make sense within Massi culture, which spitting is seen as a symbol of good luck and fortune. Spitting can be seen in other areas of Massi culture too. Massi tribesmen will spit on their hands before shaking hands with elders as a sign of respect. It's also tradition to spit on new boy Massi AMI's war off that luck.
Speaker 1: My god, can you imagine he.
Speaker 3: Comes a bride? She looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: But also also, dad, why are you spitting on my boom?
Speaker 4: Because you look so beautiful? You look so beautiful. I can't stop spinning. Oh my gosh, stop spitting on my breast.
Speaker 1: Disgusting.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a man who loves his daughter. Look, he can't stop spitting on his daughter's breaths.
Speaker 2: Oh, thirteen twenty four ten. Get involved here, Please tell us your weird, quirky wedding rituals. What did you see at the wedding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in particular, we've got a special prize for those who are from the Massai culture and take us through it. That's a bit niche, isn't it. Quirky weddings that you call's.
Speaker 1: Next thirteen twenty four ten. If you've spat on your daughter on her wedding.
Speaker 4: Day, quirky wedding Just little things that are happening in weddings across Australia that make you go, oh, that was a bit different, that was a bit memorable.
Speaker 1: So essentially, this is the most boguan thing you'll ever hear.
Speaker 2: If you go to Balley, you can pay two hundred bucks and get your guess, like, how many a hundred chicken Burger's whole heap of food? Yeah, you have a wedding package.
Speaker 4: You got a hundred chicken Burgers, one hundred and four pack of McNuggets. Whole thing costs two hundred and thirty three bucks, and that's I mean, maybe it's not what you would classify as really cool and classy, but it's hitting the spot.
Speaker 3: Who cares, mate, man, I love weddings.
Speaker 2: You're in your heavies, you're on the beach, you've got your bin Tang T shirt on and you're huling into a chicken burger.
Speaker 1: What morning one from? It gets much better? That is absolutely happened. I mean I got married in BALI didn't quite look like that.
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: That's really nice.
Speaker 4: It just gets to stop playing that little thing, little sound coming out of your com beauty.
Speaker 1: There, I didn't mean to there, he goes.
Speaker 4: We'll just worked through a little bit of background noise from Jody his computer.
Speaker 1: You're lucky, that's all. It was.
Speaker 4: Discrocious to let your search history please got to Shane and you're Wronger down down, Shane, little quirky price that happened?
Speaker 3: It was it your wedding or someone else's wedding.
Speaker 8: I saw the family wedding and too much like an odd contraditional days. Yeah, after all the formalities we get on the dance floor tive come off, go around the head, and then we end up in a big huddle singing your boys by.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it, Shane.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing it right now and everyone is just going right off.
Speaker 1: You have to do it, yeah, I have to do it.
Speaker 2: This question with that bit where it goes whoa like, everyone thinks they're so in tune, but were you in hindsight?
Speaker 8: Who can't?
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, So at that stage as well, Shane, it's it's just the tires. There's no other bits of clothing coming off, because obviously if you're merging from that into what's eagle Rock, where potentially you have to have your pants off, but this is above board certainly.
Speaker 8: Relief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's a good job.
Speaker 3: All right, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Shane goes in the draw for our winter weekend escapes which we're going to we're going to announce on Friday.
Speaker 3: A lot of texts coming through as well. I know for double No nine No on nine.
Speaker 4: I just wanted my cousin's wedding the bridelined up and kissed all of her immediate family members on the lips.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit unsettling.
Speaker 2: That's from Kim, I've got a friend who kisses on the lips all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, Yeah, that's unsettling. You're not supposed to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In this text went to a French themed wedding where they served snails as entree.
Speaker 3: They weren't even French. That's the point of difference.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then we've got anonymous and I understand why who says when Eagle Rock comes.
Speaker 1: On, you always drop your decks.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good stuff. I'll stick with the Dudisians. Thanks, and take it out on this. Get your tires around your head.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were just touching on weird things that you've seen at weddings. Abby, you were telling us doing that song about your sister's wedding.
Speaker 1: Tell everyone what happened with the DJH. Yeah, we had a slight issue.
Speaker 10: So the beautiful ceremony had taken place, they were married, blah blah blah, and we've all come in, We've been announced as brides maids and all of that. Anyway, we go to sit down, we go to sit down, and all of a sudden, there's this like loud bang.
Speaker 1: And we're all like, what is that? And we turn around.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, the DJ had had a few too many let's call them hard lemonades, some looseners, and had fallen on like fallen forward or back or whatever onto his own DJ equipment, right wow. And so basically they had to go, you need to.
Speaker 1: Go to leave.
Speaker 10: And I don't even know who it was. It was one of their friends who went old DJ. So we had his stuff there in you know, ten minutes, and he DJed the night for them, and off they went and had a massive, big party.
Speaker 1: I think I know the DJ you're speaking of. And he was one of my.
Speaker 2: Best friend's winnings and he was politely asked to leave because he got a little handsy for a couple of the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, the real prominent DJ from back in the day. I remember seeing right straight hotel. He will remain nameless, but I think he thought he was a Vechi.
Speaker 10: That day to the three people sitting at the bar.
Speaker 2: Pointing to the heaven, that's God, it's Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Made he was press and play for Jesus Christ. I thought he was.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Abs, can we just take a bit of a change in direction and talk about the Commonwealth Games?
Speaker 3: This is a really sad state of Affairs.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it.
Speaker 10: The Victorian government came out yesterday and basically said it's too expensive, we can't, we can't host it. So they I think it was around two point six billion or something they budgeted for it, but it's actually going to be a blowout of six billion because they're trying to hold it in regional Victoria. So they've not looked at things like they need to upgrade stadiums, but you need things like you need buses out to these places, you need you need to have the athletes stay somewhere. You've got to have enough paramedics and cops and things like that also in the regions to be able to help with it.
Speaker 1: All on this one.
Speaker 2: But you have got what is arguably the greatest sporting capital in the world in the city in Melbourne, Victoria.
Speaker 1: You've got every.
Speaker 2: Facility that you could possibly want within a kilometer of each other.
Speaker 1: Why aren't we just using that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so naive.
Speaker 1: Why am I.
Speaker 2: You've got the existing infrastructure, why don't Exactly so that they promise that Regil Victoria were promised will promise these things.
Speaker 10: And now that Andrews government has come out and said we'll still build all the stadiums and do all of this and blah blah blah for you, but we can't host the games.
Speaker 2: So I will say this, bad luck Ballarat. We're holding it in the city.
Speaker 3: That's got a little ring to it, doesn't it? Bad luck Ballarat.
Speaker 1: You've whatt your thoughts on the Cover Wealth Game.
Speaker 4: Well, just from a personal point of view, I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated when you budget for two billion and it brows blows out by four billion, and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, budget of that at all, and then welcome to your Saturday night every single time.
Speaker 3: Two billion, four billion last night.
Speaker 1: Jam is a few months ago.
Speaker 4: I regret nothing, I fear and I don't want to be a genuine debbie down here. I feel this. This is the end of the Conwarf Games, and unfortunately they're going to the Games Heavens and they're going to catch up with the Goodwill Games.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little aggressive.
Speaker 10: I'm sure we can come up with some sort of plan here. But in saying that, sa Wa Queensland have all turned around and said no, we're not going to have them because it's too much I thought.
Speaker 2: Yesterday for sure Malle would come out and go, oh, we'll take it. We're doing everything now, so we'll just take it over. And Jess Trengove even said I'd love to have it here because we're capable of it.
Speaker 4: And I think that is a sure sign of death, because that man can turn anything, any outrageous situation into a positive thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if Malie doesn't want to touch it, yeah, it's untouchable. And do all the mascots now like they're unemployed.
Speaker 1: Like Perry Clyde Shearer? Arobi? Can someone thing of Aerobi?
Speaker 7: The love of God, you told me you've.
Speaker 4: Got a time machine on this daisy.
Speaker 3: Yep, those hump day vibes.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Wednesday, and welcome to a free lesson on history.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 4: To the nineteenth of July. Let's start way back in nineteen fifty four, and Jodie already was brought.
Speaker 2: You knew that was coming, absolutely saw it coming from a mile away.
Speaker 1: I've been working with you for too long.
Speaker 3: Too long, it's only a few months ago. Oh jeez.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's a conversation I'll have. We management.
Speaker 3: That's fun. Elvis Presley's first single That's all Right. It was released. This spoke's got something I reckon, you'll do all right? He's going to go okay, And then he died on the toilet. That's a true story. I found the office on the toilet. Yeah, what a way to go. That's how I want to go. Two thousand and five Death Valley.
Speaker 1: Now you'll probably go with your ibs.
Speaker 7: It'll get you one day.
Speaker 3: What happened? Just kept on going to all it consumed him.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and five Death Valley in California registered a temperature of fifty three point nine degrees celsius. A total of twelve days of fifty degrees celsius or high was reported.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, reout every day.
Speaker 4: If I was there, can you imagine just laying a real solid base tent responsibly of course?
Speaker 1: Oh of course, yeah, yeah, you would be loving that.
Speaker 3: Sick ray day, Ray day? Oh what's today? Fifty plus ray Day.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and nine, Julie Goodwin defeated Poe to win the first Master Chef Australia on Network ten.
Speaker 7: To beat Poe and to.
Speaker 10: Become Australia's first ever Master Chef, you require three points from.
Speaker 6: Gary, couldn't score you any other way.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that a real battle of the birds those two Hovey Goodwin ho.
Speaker 3: V Goodwin was like, oh Hoovey got I've got good Oh, I've got I've got punk. Oh controversy, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's really battled out in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: It's a real device. He wasn't it. It was in Australia.
Speaker 2: It was reminiscent of the days like Angelina versus you know, Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 3: Oh, who's Brad getting picked?
Speaker 4: Which everyone he wants to be honest?
Speaker 3: Back of the day? Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Twenty fifteen, mc fanning, Australian pro surf was attacked by shark in South African.
Speaker 3: We've always said that the.
Speaker 4: South African art the South African shark sayd by it just a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do, don't. That's still to this day. You punched a shark in the face.
Speaker 3: How good is that?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen anything more Australian than Mick Fanning punching a shark.
Speaker 1: In the face.
Speaker 4: If he didn't love mc fanning enough and then he gets attacked by a shark, he didn't get bitten. That's because he got it before it had got him. So it attacked his leash and he said no, no, no, no, bang and the shark was like, I'm sorry, I'm so Mick swam off and then Mick caught it by the tail, started.
Speaker 3: Laying into it from behind.
Speaker 4: He dragged the shore, started swinging around like it was like it was a hammer throat, and then he threw it like three hundred meters.
Speaker 3: Away the ocean and the shark was like, oh, shark was just.
Speaker 1: In tears, beast versus man. I'm supposed to win this battle. So through you mix and me was like.
Speaker 3: Go tell your friends someone.
Speaker 4: Song with July nineteen, two thousand and six was Promiscuous by Nelly Ftata.
Speaker 3: It's just tune back in the day, enjoy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is a flattering song about her. Though about Nelly, like pulling a promiscuous girl.
Speaker 3: She's open and honest. Okay, good on her, good to go for it. Such were away He's back in two thousand and six.
Speaker 10: Now you don't.
Speaker 1: Can I peel back the curtain for one moment?
Speaker 2: So in your other life at Channel seven where you're a sports reporter, you are assigned the task of sitting outside either sports Mid or Calvary at any given time, waiting for players to come in.
Speaker 1: Too scared, you're scarce, just talk us through the plava. That was.
Speaker 4: It's like, from the moment that he was on the bench late in the Blues loss, we were basically waiting at Sportsman, even when we knew he was, even when we knew he was in Melbourne, even like minutes ago in that game against Carlson, we started lining up waiting for him as sports What a chase.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous. You've had varied success waiting for players over the journey, haven't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a time Ryan Burton went past us twice, me and Tom Wren because we're in deep conversation, and then he sent a text on mate saying that those blokes waiting for me because I walked past him twice.
Speaker 1: You and already hugging each other, going I like.
Speaker 4: The time we were at Sportsmen and we're waiting for someone else and Travis Spoke came out. We're like, what's bokey doing here? Yeah, and as a cafe attached to we get a scan place. Yeah, Buddy walked out and clearly just got a scamp for something.
Speaker 3: Oh, Trav, what's happening? What's happing?
Speaker 4: He said, no, no, no, I'm just here for the coffee.
Speaker 3: May thirteen, twenty fourteen, give us courts.
Speaker 1: Gon be a good gun, going to be a huge game.
Speaker 4: So Jode's of course, Nova's handball blitz fast approaching. And what we've all sort of realized right from the start is that you're a person who gets pretty competitive with things.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm aware that my behavior is ugly. When I get competitive, I'm conscious of it. I just can't stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grotesque. Some people have said as well, who said that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I did, like a couple weeks ago is when our boy Tom Wren said this, said us a bit of a challenge.
Speaker 3: I think this is just me, but I think this should be a showdown between the two of you. Even as part as Nova's handble blitz, I think the handball bleits. I think it needs to be a bit of Phrazy up against a bit of Jodi.
Speaker 4: Yes, just Uno on Uno for supremacy in terms of the handball gods.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you've.
Speaker 1: Made Yeah, all right, well I'm up for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, how's preparation going.
Speaker 2: I mean, I haven't put in a whole lot of time because I've got four kids and.
Speaker 1: A couple of jobs, but I'll make it a priority moving forward.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I have put in the hours behind closed doors and I have been preparing. Got a little video to show you, right if you will, Josh, here we go.
Speaker 7: Oh no, oh dear.
Speaker 1: Have you knocked out?
Speaker 7: Kwami?
Speaker 3: Got him real good, Kwami Dixon Manjarelli. All the handball, great, all.
Speaker 1: The athlea, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: We're going to have a showdown and you are in big, big, big troubles.
Speaker 1: Five weeks of hardcore preparation.
Speaker 3: Mate, All right, yeah, good luck, Schmark.
Speaker 4: Jump on the Instagram see the video for yourself at Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, greatness isn't born instantly.
Speaker 4: It's prepared through hard laborer's conditions where you just put your body right on the edge each and every time.
Speaker 3: Do you know that's what I did?
Speaker 7: You know what you've been doing.
Speaker 2: You've been doing like a bradman where you've just been standing in front of a wall.
Speaker 1: What did he use a.
Speaker 3: Stick or something stump against a tank? That's right, golf ball.
Speaker 1: That's what you've been doing.
Speaker 4: That was me, except the golf ball was quam and the stump was my hand.
Speaker 3: The weeping story.
Speaker 2: This is how seen this huge he's heard from lise O there.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: She ran into some technical difficulties during the second show of her Aussie tour on Monday, performing in near darkness for at least one song, so basically, towards the end of the show, most of the venue, stage and spotlights appeared to go out, so she performed one.
Speaker 1: Of her biggest hits, which is truth hurts in the dark. Have a listen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be naysay here, but she's just singing right yeah, power still on, Mike still works, Mike. She's playing instruments.
Speaker 2: I know she's actually incorrect, mister Nasa. She played a bit of the flute the lights out.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's different.
Speaker 1: I like to see you play the flute with the lights out.
Speaker 4: I'm just what I'm saying is, I'm still confident I'll be able to sing into a microphone with no lights on. The turn the lights back on the microphones upside down.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that you've run down, let's move on. Juice had did who has a baby? With Zaane Mallick from one direction.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, members was an absolutely banger, probably like you sing really high.
Speaker 2: To choose one of jain knowlick songs that wouldn't have been in But anyway.
Speaker 3: What would you go with? You telling me what you go with?
Speaker 1: A bit of a Debbie Downer? That song?
Speaker 4: Isn't it pillow Talk? I think it's quite exciting if I'm reading it right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, anyway, has been arrested from marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession. Went flying to the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean, so she was apprehended landing in a private plane in Georgetown. She was searched by customs upon her arrival. And wouldn't that be nerve wrecking when you know exactly what's in your suitcase?
Speaker 1: Chappelle, but you.
Speaker 4: No, but she said she didn't know what was on fell to heavy that day though the bookie board.
Speaker 1: Bag and dad packed it. She's like, Dad, what have you put in here?
Speaker 4: I'm just going on here and then book fifteen years and jo it happens, Mate, it happens. You've got to be careful when you're trying to import kilos and kilos of marijuana, which said that from day dot anyway, I'm just a.
Speaker 3: Time flies when you're in a barley prison.
Speaker 2: So she's out now, so she'll be fine. I'm sure she's got enough money to deal with that situation.
Speaker 7: It's good juicy juice.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Brittany has released a new song, This is Exciting, with producer and former Black Eyed Peace front man Will i Am. He teased his song on Instagram. It's called Maja Business. He said on his instag Oh, this summer is about to be hot.
Speaker 3: Here we go. You are now now fucking we were air.
Speaker 1: I like it already. Spiritual business, bitch.
Speaker 4: The feeling that will i Am is just provoking Brittany, who's clearly probably gone through a bit of a baze.
Speaker 2: Well I Am is going to Brittany, don't bother coming into the studio.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I'll take care of everything exactly.
Speaker 4: Or will i Am has said, Hey, you know how you doing all this crazy stuff on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well I'm into it. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's talk baby names, shall we?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go on, So the top trending baby name so far in Adelaide for twenty twenty three have been revealed. You, of course, your wife, Kara is seven months pregnant.
Speaker 1: She's about to pop.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to reveal these names and then I'm going to see if any of them tickle your fancy. Okay, bearing in mind, you're having a little boy. Yes, why did I point that out to you?
Speaker 1: You know what you're having? He did you just do this?
Speaker 3: General revealed to me. Surprise, Carl told you before she told me. If that's fine?
Speaker 1: Heard you? Okay?
Speaker 2: So the top ten baby names for boys, working from ten backwards.
Speaker 3: Hugo, Hugo. I know Hugo. He was mates with you.
Speaker 1: Guys love the name Hugo.
Speaker 2: A lot of Hugoes at childcap Air is in aire eir.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, next arlow Arlow I know an Arlo as well.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I'm not a test of how many you know? These people?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: In the Liz four ten? Do you know what all?
Speaker 1: Next up is Oliver, No surprise there, Felix. This one caught my eye.
Speaker 3: Asticus atticusus IM not.
Speaker 4: Sure this is a Natalaie too, treating those as hayes.
Speaker 3: Atticus Addie does he get addie?
Speaker 1: Addie is nice? That's cute. Silas comes in next Silas. This is one I never thought i'd see Theodore Theodore.
Speaker 3: What's THEO?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: THEO and then Theodore as well. You get Teddy from Theodore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, all right, well that makes more sense to me, thank you. Coming in at number two is Sourn.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorn. Did you say Sorren?
Speaker 1: We live in Sweden.
Speaker 3: I'm sorn. What was that name?
Speaker 2: I'm surprised I haven't got those little omelets over the e, you know, those little Swedish or Yeah, not to be confused with a normally.
Speaker 1: You don't know what a normally is.
Speaker 3: You I know what an omalt is?
Speaker 4: Give three eggs, cheese, hand, tomato and beautiful.
Speaker 2: And the number one top trending baby names for boys in Adelaide so far this year is Royal Royal.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Royal is in ro Ya, l.
Speaker 1: Is in the Royal Hotel that you used to frequent back in the day.
Speaker 3: Is that a name?
Speaker 1: Is that a name?
Speaker 3: Even a name?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently it's the top one for boys.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, baby Royal is getting around a bit.
Speaker 1: I will let you ponder on those for just a moment.
Speaker 2: These are the top ten girls' names working backwards. Number ten Evangeline cute. Number nine is Ophelia. Sorry, not Opheelia.
Speaker 4: That's an inappropriate person would say to someone's year at a nightclub.
Speaker 3: I'll feel you.
Speaker 1: Coming in at number eight, This one's close to your heart is Aurora, Aurora.
Speaker 3: I like Aurora. If you like the Simpsons, you know what I'm talking about. God Lord, what is happening in there?
Speaker 7: Aurora borealis, Aurora borealis, at this time of year, at this time of day, and this part.
Speaker 4: Of the country localized entirely within your kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yes, Skinner coming in number seven Lunar, Then Alice.
Speaker 1: Which has always been a popular as well.
Speaker 3: It's quite traditional tool.
Speaker 2: Evergreen, isn't it? Eloise Isler? And then a play on Aurora is Aurelia?
Speaker 3: Are really boris?
Speaker 2: Number two is mate, and again the number one is an absolute shock to the system. The number one girl's name in Adelaide is Luxury, Luxury.
Speaker 3: Jesus text through for nine, No nine, Do you have a baby Luxury?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or thirteen twenty four? Ten will take your calls if.
Speaker 2: You've if you've got a baby Royal or a baby Luxury.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 3: You don't know any babies with those names.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're the good traditional names gone, Lebron, Razo, Shakira, go on, bring it back. Three names as well. I got fare jades from the lady's perspective. Barbara, Patricia and Karen. Will we ever see those names again?
Speaker 1: Think we ever again?
Speaker 2: Welcome you call thirteen twenty four death if you've given birth in the last year to a Barbara, Patricia Karen.
Speaker 4: Isn't that amazing? And also on the bloke side, Nigel Barry and Ian.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Nigel's done now. They had a party in the UK because it's officially.
Speaker 2: There are no nigetink Really well, I guess if your name was Nigel, no friends, you'd want it.
Speaker 3: Done exactly right.
Speaker 4: And in particular baby Ian, any baby Ian's out there, Baby Ian comes out and he's already receding. If you jump on the Jode and Hazy Instagram page, you will see just an athlete on about his business.
Speaker 2: You surprised me with a little piece that you've been working on a bit of training behind the scenes for handball Blitz. You got together with a few celebs Rosanna Man really, Charlie Dixon.
Speaker 3: I mean, who knew that Rosanna was such an expert handball behind saying.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, surprise me. But here we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna have a big old showdown. But I've been training, you haven't, so you know how this probably ends up, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll see. But I do I do commend this video.
Speaker 2: It's actually very funny if you take out a big bloke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 4: Jodi and Hazy and also a big thanks to again real Estate, massive supporters of local making difference all over essays selling your home at trust McGain.
Speaker 3: That's just about it for us today, but back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Micky Lee is going to join us on the show, have a chat to that beautiful woman and our Battle of the Bangers reveal. I've just landed online and I'm real happy about it. Yeah, you're always confident with these I don't want to be smart, I don't want to be smug, but oh, here it is.
Speaker 1: It's in my nature.
Speaker 3: You've already locked it in.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Okay, is going to be even sweeter when I taste victory in a couple of days time. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I don't for you guys want to know as cash or the car that continues in a matter of minutes. Just hang out with Maddie and DC today for your next chance. Will make a really, really fun decision.
Speaker 3: This is Jodi and Hasey on over