Speaker 1: On Scolds Australia. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panny Show. Coming up tonight, bar left radicalism at Australia's elite universities with students backing armed Palestinian resistance. Australian farmers hosting wind turbines have been worn day risk losing their properties due to enormous decommissioning costs. We'll have the latest from the US presidential race with Kosher Gator and later in the hour royal and celebrity news with Kinsey's Schofield and your favorite segment and mine Left is Losing It. Tonight's starring the American media singing the DNC talking points, telling us things like Tim Walls is cuddly with a folksy vibe.
Speaker 1: What does Walls bring to this? He's cuddly and cuddly, cuddling, cuddly. I think you work for maybe a little more of a cuddly church. Definitely affable.
Speaker 3: He is an extremely affable individuals, very affable, clean speaking, way of foksy vibe.
Speaker 2: This fokesy idea, terrific vibe vibes election kind of a foksy joining me now all the way from Albania is senior columnist with the Australian newspaper Nick Kita. Nick, let's talk Olympics. The boxing scandal in Paris is deepening further. Today we had Taiwan's lin U Ting, who's one of the two boxes who have x y chromosomes according to test carried out by the IBA, which saw them banned from the women's boxing events last year. But the IOC is happy to allow these to beat up to beat up real women, and today lin Uting advanced to the gold medal round in the featherweight category after beating Turkey's ezra Yadiz Karaman. Now she made an ex symbol with her fingers after the fight. This has become a protest amongst some of the female fighters to say, we are women with xx chromosomes and we're being forced to fight against those with x y chromosomes, which we normally refer to as men. The Algerian fighter Khalif is also going to be competing for gold in the welterweight category tomorrow. His team call the outrage surrounding the fighter a zonus conspiracy. Nick, what do you make of this? If we're going to have these two winning gold in their categories. I think this issue is going to explode even further.
Speaker 4: This is terrible for the Olympics. Reader, I mean right throughout Europe, especially this part of Europe, Eastern former Eastern Europe, where people tend to be pretty conservative, they find this absolutely outrageous. And the whole reputation of the Olympics I think is struggling because of this. And I don't think really the Olympic Committee really quite understand how much trouble they're in over this.
Speaker 1: This is further disc editing.
Speaker 4: Of the Olympic brand, which they like to promote and make a lot of money out of. I'm sorry, people are over it. This is just not sport. It is it is unnatural. It is quite obvious what is going on, and the failure of the Olympic authority is actually to put their foot down. As for this idea, the Zionist conspiracy used to blame me is that the zend chromosome reader, if I missed something there, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, there's also Russian conspiracies being blamed. All sorts of diversions and nonsense being circulated. But the end of the day, you could do a simple sex test gender test. The ISIC used to do them. Now they think they're not I don't know politically correct, but that's what you need to do, and then you can establish very quickly who is qualified to compete against women and who shouldn't be eligible. And that's what the IBA does. But the IOIC just refuses to abide by that. Now I want to ask you about this. I know this is an issue you care deeply about and you've personally investigated in some of your writing. But there's a report in the Weekly Times this week on the steep cost of decommissioning wind farm turbines. Farmers hosting these wind turbines have been worn they risk losing their properties if they fail to lock in decommissioning costs in their lease agreements with developers. Law firm McCulloch and Robertson estimates the cost of decommissioning a single turbine is four hundred thousand dollars to six hundred thousand dollars. And Nick, this appears to be something else the green dream proponents have failed to consider.
Speaker 1: This is whydespread throughout the industry.
Speaker 4: Reader, and I've heard these complaints from people in Queensland and New South Wales. They've had a look at the contract and they said, no, we're not doing that. Look, I mean there's something deeply wrong here. If you wanted to dig a coal mine or anything of that nature, you would have to stump up a lot of money which would go in a trust account and would be there ready to rehabilitate the mind after you'd finished digging it up. Now with wind turbine solar panels, is none of that. The developers are not expected to put that money up at all. There's usually limited or no plan at all for rehabilitation. And yet we know that these turbines would last probably at best twenty years if you're really lucky, probably more like fifteen. And the hundreds of tons of concrete that go into the base of these things, all that cannot be used again. It has to be left and if they want to put another turbine up, they have to do it all over again. The amount of waste, the amount of disturbance to the ground is massive, and this just is not being taken into account. And the new thing that's happening now in the United States you've probably seen is that wind turbine blades are crumbling, they're falling apart because they're now so big. You know, a wind turbine now, a modern seven seven megawatt wind turbine is probably higher than the Eiffel Tower by the time you go to the top of the blade to the bottom of the ground, and that is putting his enormous tension on the blade.
Speaker 1: So they've become.
Speaker 4: Literally unsustainable I think as a means of aproducing electricity, and this is has to collapse at some point. People will wake up and say, nah, this is silly. It's not a senil word.
Speaker 2: We're talking about. We're talking about not just a couple of dozen of these things just in the west of Victoria. The Liberal MP Richard rid And told the Weekly Times they're around thirteen hundred of these turbines just in Victoria's west and the cost would be around six hundred and fifty million to decommission them in today's dollars, and it's obviously going to be a lot more into the future. Now, let's talk about solar panel manufacturing. Sun Drive Solar, which manufactures panels and is backed by the likes of former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and billionaire Mike cannon Brooks. The reports Nick they're getting ready to cut up to thirty five jobs. This is despite the company signing a deal with AGL and this deal was signed after the federal government announced one billion in subsidies and grants to promote Australia's solar manufacturing industry. And even with that market manipulation, Nick, it seems like these companies are not thriving well. Some of them certainly aren't.
Speaker 4: This Future Made in Australia plan read it's a kiss of death for any business. I would not take any money from the Albanezy government. I mean what's happened in the solar panels. They took a million a billion dollars from the government. This is people, a company backed by people as important and smart as Malcolm Turnbult apparently, but it's now not.
Speaker 1: Doing as well as it thought.
Speaker 4: It's not going to be able to manufacture solar panels, as Chris Bowen said. And then of course there was Tuggy forest and his Great Green Hydrogen doams in which the government sunk billions of dollars. Now Triggy Forester has admitted that that's not going to work either. So if you want a successful business, avoid taking money from the Albanesi government because that is the mark of a loser.
Speaker 2: Really, well, there are people who are benefiting from this taxpayer largessa. I'm not sure who they are, but all that money is lining someone's pockets along the way and talking about enormous amounts of money. Former court to Zeo Alan Joyce, he's going to have his twenty twenty three pay reduced by nine point three million due to the airline's commitment to implementing all the recommendations from its governance review. So he was set to receive this massive package at twenty three point six million dollars that's been cut to just a measly fourteen point nine million. Nick, I don't know who's going to cope with that. Other executives will have to take cuts as well. It's got to say, not a great surprise after the way he left the airline. He had one hundred and twenty million dollar settlement with the age will S. There's still federal court judgments to come on the illegal outsourcing of ground workers, ground handling workers, and just the reputation of the company with the political fights it's got itself involved in. Completely unnecessarily alienating segments of its customer base. Is this a fair enough decision or does Joice have grounds to be upset?
Speaker 4: He has no grounds to be upset whatsoever. Read But the people who do are the hard working cords passionate who save up to get some papers.
Speaker 1: I'm out rageous fear to go.
Speaker 4: And see their grandkids or their relatives in Melbourne from Sydney or the other way around, you know, I mean, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: This doesn't pass the pub test. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You know, to have your wages slashed from twenty three million to fourteen million for one year, I'm sorry. Most people would say no, what about the other fourteen million? You know what, this is just particulous when people are scraping together to try and afford, you know, to find that extra couple of hundred bucks to be able to pay off the mortgage and for that, you know, their mortgage repayment that month. You know, the school uniforms, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the whole lot. You know, it's so far.
Speaker 4: Removed from the world of ordinary people that it's just really damaging, I think for the Quantus brand and any suggestion.
Speaker 1: That they're there for all Australians. They're not.
Speaker 4: You know, they're providing a sinecure rich a lot of money for a few executives, and the customer services you know, in quantus is questionable at best. I'm flying back Japan Airlines by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I've only flown them once, but they were very good. Have a great flight. Albania. I'll have to ask you about Albania, one part of the world I've never been to. Now let's talk about the Greens. They're demanding the Albernezer government sanction what they call the extremist Netinahu government in Israel, planning to put a motion to the Senate as early as Monday. Green's leader Adam Band said, if Labor wants to change the debate, they should change their position, starting with sanctioning the extremist Netinahu government, recognizing Palestine and ending the two way military trade with Israel. Nika among the left, it's undeniable to say there is anger at Labor for not sanctioning Israel not recognizing Palestine. The Greens must see opportunity and votes, and in the course of action they're taking.
Speaker 4: Well that they do, and apparently they're out campaigning in heavily Muslim populated seats around Sydney and.
Speaker 1: Melbourne in the hope of winning those votes.
Speaker 4: I doubt they'd be very successful, though. I mean, it may be that there may be some people in those Muslim communities, not all of them, by the way, who support the Palestinian cause and wish them all the best in sanctioning Israel. That's not all Muslims Minu vote, but it is some of them. But when they look at the rest of the Greens policies on say, you know, taking guns away from police and tasers away from police and all this sort of extreme LGBTQ stuff amongst the community that really, by and large didn't even support gay marriage, I don't think there's going to be much sympathy for them at all. So I think they're really just fighting for a handful of inner city votes with labor, and good luck to them, that's what they want to fight over.
Speaker 2: It's going to be very interesting how that relationship develops, because yes, they may be on the same page with segments of the Muslim population when it comes to Israel's war with her mass, but like you said, the rest of their agenda is not going to be embraced, particularly their endless culture wars, their positions on things like trans policy, what should be taught in schools, All of that would be wow for the people they're trying to appeal to. Any sort of awareness of the Green's positions in those areas is going to see them put at the very bottom of the vote.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: They're not going to be backing people who want to teach their children pronouns and support young people being able to access puberty blockers and other treatments. Just on that issue alone, and there's a bunch of others who could be speaking about Nick Kita. Thank you so much for your time. Enjoy our bane. Now, nearly eight hundred Sydney University students have voted for their student body to support and recognize a Palestinian state. They also pledged their support for the right of Palestinians to armed resistance. At a student general meeting, only two speakers in opposition to the motion were given the stage. One was spat at by students in the front rows, and the other was called a Zionist and told to leave the stage, and an amendment to condemn her mass was voted down. Let me repeat that again. An amendment to condemn her Mass was voted down. Sydney University student and director of Youth Policy at the Menzies Research Center, freyer Leitch joins me. Now, Freyer, tell me about this student general meeting. This is disturbing. Even given what we know about Australian university campuses. How do we get to a situation where the majority of students vote against emotion to condemn her Mass.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I am in disbelief as much as you are. I think we all knew campuses were toxic. We all knew that the levels of anti Semitism we're seeing are unacceptable. But I think what last night showed is these people are not just anti Israel. They're actually pro Hamas. They're pro terrorism. They refuse to condemn October seven. They laughed when I talked about the rape of Israeli women on October seven. They laughed when I talked about the treatment of queer people at the hands of Hamas in Gaza. They laughed when I talked about the importance of human rights and how there's no future for peace with Hamas in power in Gaza. They actually do not care about Palestinians. They just care about destroying Israel and terrorizing innocent Israelis until they achieve their I don't know, global into Fata palace, senior liberation, whatever. It's terrible, it's just it's genuinely shocking.
Speaker 2: Well, tell me about the hostility in the room, and I cannot believe that they would laugh as you're speaking about the systematic rape and slaughter of innocent people, people their age. There were people, hundreds of people slaughtered at a music festival. So for them to have no empathy for these innocent souls is frankly, it sends a chill up my spine. But what's it like on campus if you are pro Israel, if you're a Jewish student who's proud of your heritage, if you're conservative, how do you cope having that hostility in your face day in and day out.
Speaker 6: Well, it's really hard. So in that meeting, that one lecture, Theena, there were probably eight hundred people. There were three other sites also hosting meetings that were linked up by ZIS, so there were a couple hundred extra students as well. Out of that room, there were about seven of us members of the Conservative Club who rocked up to support Israel. Seven out of eight hundred in the room when I got up, Yeah, you're talking to a wall of people who were just consumed by hatred, consumed by it. And I've never had that experience where I was talking to people and I felt like they didn't even see me as a human being because of my views, because I was standing with Israel against terrorism. They actually the way they were screaming at me. I had one girl screaming allaho akbar in my face. They don't see you as human anymore, And I think that is that's what we've lost. We've always you know, campuses will always be in hotbeds for political activism and debate, and that's how it should be. But now this is not activism. It is actually just hate, and it's all about spreading hate and shutting down anybody that disagrees with you and dehumanizing them. And I just I'm scared, to be honest about the future of our country. The reality is a lot of the left wing political leaders made their start on campus, like Albo, who is a pro Palestine activist back in the day, and he went on to become Prime minister. So where are these pro Hamas students going to end up. Unfortunately, some of them might end up running the country and then I think Australia will be in a world of trouble and freya.
Speaker 2: There's a precisely the type of people who preach love, tolerance, inclusion, and yet they're filled with hate and bile. But who are they? Are they the usual suspects who are in every protest, whether it's Climate Change Australia Day, or is there ones with Muslim backgrounds or are leading this movement.
Speaker 6: So there are two groups of students leading this movement. One group is that same professional activist student body who are in the tenth year of their arts degree and constantly out at Sydney UNI trying to enlist an indoctrinate poor first years into tearing down Western civilization and joining the INTEROFATA. So it's unsurprising that Chickens for KFC showed up last night. But the other group that was there were the Sydney University Muslim Students Association. That's the other group that was also behind the encampment and now leaving this charge against Israel at Sydney UNI. And so what is very interesting is it's a very unholy alliance between those two groups On the one hand, you have these radical socialists who are you know, lgbt qia plus socialists, huge lefties, extremely ultra progressive, and then you have girls in burkers who believe in Sharia law and subscribe to very very conservative Islamic views, and they're kind of coming together on this, which is totally bizarre. But I will say I think the alliance, at least at USIF is starting to fracture. So last night all of the socialists were in the main auditorium where I spoke, and all the Muslims in the Muslim Students part of the Muslim Students Association were in a chemistry building on the other side of campus, only linked up by zoom. So increasingly we're starting there might be split away.
Speaker 2: Perhaps there might be some divisions, and I'm sure we'll end all end in tiers. But for the time being they formed an alliance and they share a common enemy, which is pro Australia, pro Western civilization, pro Israel. Freileich. Thank you for the good work you do. You're very courageous. Thanks for your time tonight. Thank you reach still to come left is losing it and will fact check the Democrat's latest lie about jd Vance, welcome back. Now it's time for left is losing it. So the same media that for close to four years called a Kamala Harris ineffective, unpopular, and a major liability for the Biden White House is now telling you that she's enormously competent and a popular leader. And it's clear they also have their DNC talking points on her running mate. Tim Walls, the socialist Minnesota governor, is not some hard left radical, no, no, no, He's a cuddly warrior.
Speaker 7: What does Walls bring to this?
Speaker 2: He's cuddly and cuddly, cuddly, cuddly.
Speaker 1: I think she went for maybe a little bit more of a cudly choice.
Speaker 5: Tell us more about like the texture of the man. He seems to almost hapatomakel in his eyes.
Speaker 2: Tim Wolff is the opposite of weird. Tim Walpa's American.
Speaker 5: He sounds like, you know, a football coach.
Speaker 3: He's a hunter who you could visit with at the hardware store and a dictionary.
Speaker 1: If you had weird and anti weird, you'd have Tim Waltz's picture there.
Speaker 8: I bet knows how to make a good hot dishcost We're.
Speaker 2: All very down to earth.
Speaker 1: It's his authenticity.
Speaker 9: After the communicator, the word joy came up a lot.
Speaker 2: He's joyful, he seems happy.
Speaker 5: A happy, go lucky warrior.
Speaker 3: And he's happy and a happy warriors, A joyful warrior.
Speaker 10: He is one happy warrior, a happy warrior.
Speaker 2: He's cuddly, he's happy. He's a warrior. But I wonder is he affable with a folksy vibe?
Speaker 1: Reliable? Definitely affable.
Speaker 3: He is an extremely affable individual, very affable, plain speaking way of folksy vibe, is folksy idea.
Speaker 10: Terrific vibe, ViBe's election kind of.
Speaker 2: A folksy guy. Yes, I know what you're thinking, But surely they won't describe the most far left governor in the country, who put tampons in boys bathrooms, who backed BLM riots, who gave driver's licenses to legal immigrants, and vow to provide ladders to help them climb over any border wall that Trump builds. Surely no one will describe this radical as a safe moderate choice. The idea that Tim Walls is some lefty is just not true.
Speaker 11: I don't think either of them are.
Speaker 7: Bernie Sanders progressive a rather safe pick.
Speaker 11: I think a safe pick the safe choice, and this is a do no harm.
Speaker 1: They do no harm. He's just more of a vanilla pick.
Speaker 8: Those outside of Pittsburgh loves Tim Walls, so talk about loss the.
Speaker 2: Walls, Yes Wolls, Joe Woles. And while we're on Joe and Meeker and their god awful MSNBC show, let's have a look at this embarrassing bit of groveling and hero worship from Mike Barnacle. Get your buckets ready, is about to deliver some sickly sweet hyperbole.
Speaker 8: Watching the Coach and I'm going to call him the coach from now intol election. Watching the Coach yesterday and watching the Vice President yesterday, it was mesmerizing in the sense that it's been a while since I've seen a rally like that, either on TV or in person, and watching it, you could just sense the power in the hall, and it was the power of joy, the power of laughter, the power of hope for the future. It's been a long time since any aspect of American politics has put a smile on anyone's face, and these two people yesterday managed to put a smile on the nation's face.
Speaker 2: Mesmerizing, joyful, put a smile on the nation's face. Let's have a look at Harris and Wolves together.
Speaker 9: Evening, good evening.
Speaker 1: Evening, everyone, good evening.
Speaker 12: Evening.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, let's end Left is losing it with the hilarious Tim Dillon and his unique analysis on why Kamala Harris is the perfect candidate.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 11: This is the campaign.
Speaker 1: These are the policies.
Speaker 7: These are this is what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: These are the policies.
Speaker 7: This is what you're voting. You're voting for this. They have their perfect candidate, half Indian, half black, attractive woman, every billionaire on earth. This is if you were going to build a robot in a lab that would be secretly controlled by billionaires, it is Kamala Harris. If Kamala Harris did not exist, billionaires would have to invent her. Half Indian, half black, attractive woman child.
Speaker 12: She's a career.
Speaker 7: Or should I say bish bish Kamala Harris would have to be invented if she did not already exist. She is hollow in the best way, meaning certain people, when they are hollow, there is something deeply uneasy about them, because some of them would want to not to be hollow. There is some humanity in them that is trying to escape. Kamala is so at home with her hollowness. She has been eaten by ambition. It is stage four. It has gone to the brain. It is that laughter, It is that kind of She is perfectly comfortable with being used as a tool by other people and.
Speaker 2: Will have plenty more if he's losing of content with my next guess, and let's start with the Republican vice presidential candidate JD. Vance doing the media's job for them and approaching air force to to demand Kamala Harris answers some questions for a change. Meanwhile, his Democrat counterpart, Teiam Walls repeated a disgusting and verifyiabale lie that the left has been pushing about JD. Vans. They claim that he wrote in his book He'll Billy elg that he had sex with a couch. Of course that is untrue, but hasn't stopped Governor Walls foruma referencing that lie.
Speaker 10: And I got to tell you, I can't wait to debate the guy, that is, if he's willing to get off the couch and show up.
Speaker 1: So you see what I did there?
Speaker 2: See what I did there? He asks, proud of himself, my gosh joining me now as guy and his contributed coach of Gata. Why why would he push such an ugly and trashy and obvious lie. And if Republican did that, I would say the media would come down on them like a ton of breaks. But there's been really not much a response to.
Speaker 13: That none, just part of the media cover as we will see and continue to see in this election. I don't think he's going to repeat it because it didn't land. That would be my guest. I don't think we're going to hear that one again from him, But it goes to the bigger point of their strategy. So in any campaign, it's always about likability of the candidates and capability of the candidates, and you kind of have to hit them at both, and we're just seeing it's really really clear in this campaign both Kama Harris and now Tim Walls are just going for the likability thing, and they're trying to frame Trump advance as weird or whatever other words are going to come up with, and they're not going after the record or the policy prescriptions because that's where they're weak. And I think the challenge for the other side is going to be to counter that likability attack vector, but also go back to focusing on the record, because there's a lot of fodder there on the first one. I think that first clip you played from jay Ebounds was what the kids call a boss move where he went there and like forreced criticized the media and criticized Carmol ruled into one and that thirty second clip that has gone viral.
Speaker 2: It shocks me that she still hasn't done an interview. She's not going to cop hard questions. She can select the interviewer. She knows they're going to just be asking her about what an amazing candidate cheese and how she's going to unite the country and you know, talk about being the first black woman Indian woman to be running for president. So she knows that questions are going to be.
Speaker 5: Pretty soft and still won't do it.
Speaker 2: And she still won't do it. She will not leave the prepared statements the autoqueue.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it really is interesting, and I guess it goes to that that maybe it's on some level it is a lack of confidence and even with the very trustee media that as you see, will give herself paule questions She just doesn't want to take any risk of piercing the veil of that likability that she's riding high on now. For all those reasons, and since she came into this position with only one hundred days left now ninety days left to go, there is a strategy that says she'll run out the clock and avoid it altogether.
Speaker 2: Which he can have a honeymoon that lasts that long, and I think she's counting on that now. This is far more serious for the Democrats than lies about couches. The issue of stolen valor has been raised in relation to Tim Wolls. Questions are swirling around his military record. The Minnesota National Guard is disputing his military biography, saying he did not hold the rank of command sergeant major at the time of his retirement, which came very conveniently kosher just before it was due to be deployed to Iraq. This is an issue people care about. If you are willing to lie or over egg something like this and says something about your character.
Speaker 5: It's huge.
Speaker 13: This actually is potentially a massive landmine. In the US, probably the most revered institution is the military, and especially if you served in an active combat zone, which for the last twenty to thirty years, and it's just something that you don't sort of embellishing. Taking more credit that you were in harm's way in the line of fire literally is something.
Speaker 5: It violates every code.
Speaker 13: And there, and it's just again such a revered institution that people even who didn't serve in the military don't take kindly to it. He did serve in the National Guard for twenty four years, so that's good.
Speaker 5: That is an honorable record. He should stick with that.
Speaker 13: But there is video footage coming out of where he's used words a clean that he was actually in Afghanistan and the line of fire, and that will not age well. However, it is also important to remember for the other side that he is at the bottom of a ticket, so there is I think a limitation to how much that'll damage the whole thing. And they again need to just not get distracted with us too much and keep their eyes trained on top of the ticket and all of Kama's many vulnerabilities.
Speaker 2: Well, this is an issue that is going to come up in the debates, I think the vice presidential debates in particular, because we know JD. Vance did serve he was boots on the ground in the battlefield and yet FORMUS veker Nancy Plosi question whether he'd been in combat. Gedi Vance has criticized him as never having been in combat.
Speaker 11: Has he has?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 2: Well, has Jeddie Vance been in combat?
Speaker 5: Well, I think he.
Speaker 2: Was over in Iraq? I think, Oh goodness, may I can't believe some of the things she said during this interview. It's always about projection with the left. And Nancy also has revealed that Joe Biden is not speaking with her since she encouraged him to step down from the twenty twenty four race.
Speaker 5: Have you spoken a President Biden since he dropped out?
Speaker 2: Nola Hanah, do you hope to?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I hope too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, is everything okay with your relationship?
Speaker 2: You'd have to ask him, but I hope. I think we know why she made those absurd calls for him to be added to Matt Rushmore like Biden up there with Jefferson and Washington, she played a not insignificant part in this quiet coup that has installed Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Yes, she was quite see there.
Speaker 13: I think I call it the coup sandwich, where up until the point where it was obvious that something had to be done because he was cratering Briton, was cretering with the Democrat base. She always was playing nice and was being supportive of him outwardly whenever asked, and many clips about that. Then the moment came and you're right. She is reportedly one of the key figures in the mutiny that the party staged against him. And then she she's closing the sandwich with Mount Rushmore and re effusive things, and I think that's all part of the strategy. She knows exactly what she's doing on the first piece. I mean she stumped Andrea Mitchell there about the service with Jade Vans. What she's doing and others are doing, is they're trying to segregate between paratroopers, soldiers, artillery men who actually are carrying weapons and fighting opposition versus those who are in other roles like doctors, lawyers, communications specialists, which is what Jade Vance was. So she's trying to draw that distinction. But the point is he was in the battlefield and any bomb could be dropped on any base at any time for people regardless of what role you're in versus design.
Speaker 2: He was in in pairs along with his fellow soldiers, he was a marine, wasn't he He was a Yeah? And again you have to be pretty elite to be amongst the of the Marines. Now, the Democrats have been pushing this line, particularly about JD. Vance, but also Republicans in general, calling them weird. This weird line has really taken hold, and the Trump campaign has used that very word to attack Harris's vice presidential pick, Tim Walls. Let's have a look at the ad.
Speaker 12: Well, it could be weirder than signing a bill and the law that requires schools to stop tampons in boys' bathrooms, or weirder than signing legislation allowing miners to receive sex change operations. Try electing the man who signed those bills vice president of the United States. Enter Chief Weirdo.
Speaker 9: Tim Walls as governor of Minnesota while supported legislation dangerous miners, hurts women, and puts radical ideology ahead of common sense. Now Karmala wants Walls to enforce those laws on a national scale. Tim Walls, too weird, too radical.
Speaker 2: Too weird, too radical, Chief Weirdo. They've taken that word and run with it. And I think I know you said wolves is weep, So it's really Kamala's got to be that their focus of the Republicans campaign. But the fact that she has picked this radically left running mate given her record is very left leaning, the moster left leaning senator I think it was judged in twenty nineteen. That says something. And some of the things he has backed, like putting sanitary products in boys bathrooms in fourth graders, are giving access to really quite irreverse treatments for very young people who think they're in the wrong body, also giving drivers licenses to legal immigrants. I mean that has got to hurt the Democrats coming up into the introduction.
Speaker 13: The two places where the VP pick does matter is one is exactly what you said. It's a reflection of the thinking and judgment of the top of the ticket, So it is sort of a mirror back to Kamla, who made that decision for various reasons reportedly. And then the other cardinal rule they say with the VP is whoever you pick, you know, the upside historically doesn't show that they necessarily help carry a particular state or of geography, but the downside does, so it has to be someone who does no harm to your ticket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot there.
Speaker 13: To your point where his positions on record, because he's a sitting governor and he was sitting congressman before that are very much to the left of the central gravity of the country.
Speaker 5: It really is. And so that is going to come out.
Speaker 13: All that stuff that they're playing and the weird word, I guess they're just you know, doing a turn about it.
Speaker 2: The media again is trying to rebrandem of some sort of safe centrist no recent choice. I just played a clip of MSNBCC and nabs all of them parroshing this line that no, no, this is a safe pick. It's not a radical lefty at all. Now, we spoke yesterday about Walls's staunch support for the Black Lives of Matter movement that saw much of Minneapolis descend into chaos as protesters ran right, and he never really backed away from that. Here he is in twenty twenty one, suggesting no remorse for the rights that he encouraged and sticking up for the protesters, for the writers, saying they should be listened to.
Speaker 10: And those people on the streets, many of whom were arrested, were speaking a fundamental truth that we must change. We will be right back here again. Communities need to be heard. They're frustrated, not just out on the streets and say why are you doing that? Because they're not being heard. They're demanding that these be made. They told us last year, change cash bail, change how you do traffic stops. It didn't happen, and look what we got.
Speaker 2: Let's play some footage of what they did to his city to stay. Let's have a look at Minneapolis after the BLM mostly peaceful riots protests that he can't condemn that that he says they should be listened to and it's our fault for not listening last year. I think that sells you precisely where he stands.
Speaker 13: I think it's going to come back to hon him and by extension her in the ticket because the mood of the country is very different and it's changed.
Speaker 5: It is much more proline order right now. This isn't going to age.
Speaker 2: Well, No, not at all. Kosher Gata, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you still to come. Terrorists target little girls at a Tailor Swift concert and Kate's friends give a rare update on her cancer treatment. You're watching the Rider Paney Show. Joining me now is entertainment and royal reporter Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, let's start with some serious news. Three Taylor Swift concerts scheduled to take place in Austria this week have been canceled after police uncovered at terra plot to attack concert goers at Vienna's Ernst Happle Stadium. Arrests have been made after police raided a number of homes and found various chemicals and substances. Austria's Director General for Public Safety said actions were detected and concrete threat was averted, which is fantastic news because this reminds you of what happened at that Ariana Grande concert in twenty seventeen in the UK and the horrific carnage there. But what's this going to mean for the rest of her tour? Is she going to cancel her Austrian shows completely?
Speaker 11: I mean, you also have to remember that Taylor even said after the Ariana Grande incident that she was completely terrified to tour. So I can't imagine I am hearing that this is a very hard time for her. She is devastated at the thought of putting her fans in danger. Taylor sincerely loves them, especially the smallest fans, those itty bitty fans that love her so much. She is still reeling from the Southport knife attack. She has yet to process the loss of those three beautiful little girls be injured, and she's feeling overwhelmed by the evil in this world. We're all very grateful that it wasn't like the Ariana Grande concert. Twenty two people dead, including children in over one thousand injured. Obviously, the government made an incredible discovery here, and we're so grateful for them, and they saved lives. I do think it's going to take Taylor some time to process this and figure out how she wants to move forward, because honestly, I feel like she is frightened right now.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about Serena Williams. She's got fact checked online after she winged and whined claiming that she was denied serviced at a Paris restaurant. Her tweet calling out the Peninsula Hotel got a note that clarified she was not denied service to the hotel's rooftop like she claimed, Rather, the restaurant was fully booked, but the tweet is still up. She doesn't seem to be embarrassed by this. I just don't think it's a very good look to have someone as famous and privileged as her complaining about not getting special treatment at It's the Olympics, it's Paris. Those sort of venues are going to be full.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 11: I think anyone that is voluntarily friends with Megan Markle is shameless. So I agree the tweet should have come down by now. But also this is a it's like first world problems get a grip. Terrorists are attacking children, people are shooting at world leaders. Worry about the future for your child instead of being angry and Paris. It's really hard to relate to her right now.
Speaker 2: She is she yeah, And I remember at the I think was the SP's where she made some snight remarks about NFL player and I don't know, they's just a I think we need her to be playing more tennis. She seems to be in a much better mood when she's playing the game. Now, let's talk about the Royals. Sources close to Princess Catherine have told The Daily Beast her cancer treatment is going well and her family is optimistic about the future, but her brush with mortality has made her make some readjustments in her life. Is this the same information you're hearing, Kinsey.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have absolutely heard that the Princess of Wales is feeling peaceful, grateful for every day she gets to spend with her children, and there is really no room for drama in her life right now. They're saying that she's in such a good space that we will likely she's going to likely continue to maintain this much lower profile with less public engagements, even after her expected full recovery. A friend told The Daily Beast, when it comes to Kate's health, it's not over.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: She is still going through chemotherapy, but there is lots of optimism and a lot of positivity and she just wants to focus on the good and focus on her babies. But I just the kind of worst part of that article is they do say that the King is doing a magnificent job of fighting his cancer but is still very much unwell, And the fact that the King is unwell has made Kate focus on the fact that she might only have a few more years of freedom. So I mean, read between the lines there that's kind of concerning about the King's health.
Speaker 2: Yes, then her family, it's not only going to be the husband being King, but she'll be preparing her eldest son for that role and the pressure of that in itself would be quite significant. Meanwhile, we've got Harry and Meghan doing more tell All interviews. We talked about the one with CBS, which was to plug their latest campaign to help parents protect their children from online bullying. It's a very good cause, I've got to say, but is it a tat ironic to have Meghan fronting this campaign given the allegations of bullying levels at her personally during her time at the Palace and also on the set of Suits There was some disquite there, and then she's really quite good friends and it has never criticized the likes of say Chrissy Teagan, who is well renowned as a bit of an online troll. There's a record of her bullying teen ages online and even telling one to kill herself.
Speaker 11: I mean, don't forget Ellen Degenerous. Ellen lost her entire talk show over bully allegations. There were also the allegations in Tom Bower's book of Megan being nasty to some the production on a photography shoot she was doing for a retail store that she had a collaboration with and Serena Williams being a bully in Paris over not being able to get a seat at a restaurant. So I do think that that she's not the right person to front this. I'm with you, what an incredible organization. I really I'm glad that it exists. They could put the parents out there that have lost their children to front it and to be the voices that are much needed in a really lonely world that I imagine.
Speaker 2: Now Katie Perry is copying some criticism she's got to comeback underway. She's had a first child, celebrate her fortieth birthday, but this comeback is being panned as a midlife crisis. Is that fair? I mean to though, would a bloke be copying this sort of treatment?
Speaker 11: You know what, Normally I would very much defend her. I love Katy Perry, but she's gone all in on Kamala Harris. So I'm like, okay, girl, you need to set this one out. I mean, using her song first of it's a Woman's World. Trying to use her woman It's a Woman's World song to promote Kamala. You worked with doctor Luke on that song, who Kasha has accused of sexual assault, Like, is it really a woman's world, Katy Perry when you're working.
Speaker 2: With the accused?
Speaker 11: So I just I think that she has all sorts of backwards right now. She's really struggling to find her path. She set out for too long and was a judge on American Idol, and I just don't think she knows what's cool or relevant anymore. She needs to hang out with she needs to spend some more time on TikTok. I guess lose a few brain cells, but maybe she'd have a better understanding of what's today.
Speaker 2: Well, that's been her talent in the past, reinventing herself, coming up with some sort of a gimmick that speaks to the kids and that. But yeah, maybe that becomes progressively harder as you get older. The musician Jack Black is also an actor. Used to be universally loved until he got all political. Remember he did that fundraiser for Joe Biden just before they removed him from a running for president again. And his band Tenacious D is well, they're not touring anymore. They all fell apart after his bandmate Kyle Gas made some ugly comments about the assassination attempt against Donald Trump. He's saying Jack Black is saying the band will come back. Tenacious D will be back when it feels right. I've never bought this story. I just can't imagine Black blowing his band up over one ugly comment, which, frankly, let's be honest, is fairly common place amongst the left, particularly the celebrity celebrity left. What's really happening with Tenacious Day and Jack Black?
Speaker 11: I think that instant reaction. This was right after the assassination attempt, and his bandmate said next time, I hope they don't miss or something horrific like that. I'm telling you, Rita, everything in the state's changed. When Joe Biden dropped out. Everyone just decided to pretend like there wasn't an assassination attempt and we haven't been erasing women, you know, Like I just I feel like everything has changed since since Joe Biden dropped out, and it's now just gung ho about Kamala and there's no conversation anymore about this horrific moment that should be, you know, seared in our minds.
Speaker 2: Kinsey Schofield, thank you for your time tonight, and that's it for me. I'll see you tomorrow and I for lift it at nine point thirty and up next to his new slash