Speaker 1: Get your every day adelaides, I don't know, a lazy and gentleman. Good to catch up of the ear. This sort of fine. That is the podcast. You've made the right decision, particularly if you're into chick chat. I am guilty.
Speaker 2: We love a good chick chat.
Speaker 3: And the topic of conversation this week is what's a friendship deal breaker?
Speaker 2: What's that thing that your friend's done to you? You've got you know what?
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if someone murders, someone steals their house, steals their car, or I don't know, like steals like a quarry or a stadium, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out, so done.
Speaker 1: We're not friends anymore for at least three months.
Speaker 2: No, exactly, right, enjoy.
Speaker 4: My Really.
Speaker 2: It is so time for a let's go girls, Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 3: So we have producer Zoe in your twenties in a lovely relationship with Hazy's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got a newsreader Abby who is in her.
Speaker 4: Thirties, happily single, aggressively single, aggressively single and loving it after my dating disaster this week, Yes, we might talk about that at some point.
Speaker 3: We probably have to talk about that, because that is definitely noteworthy what you've been through in the last week. However, today we're talking about friendships. Female friendships. They're interesting, aren't they? And I would very much argue that female friendships can be more intense and more complicated than actual relationships in your life sometimes. But we're talking deal breakers this morning. What is it about a female friend in particular that would make you go, that's enough, I'm done here.
Speaker 2: I no longer want to be friends.
Speaker 1: With you first.
Speaker 2: FLA a deal breaker, though sometimes you still go back for a second day.
Speaker 5: Am I right?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For me, a friendship deal breaker is when you and I felt this, when you walk out of a room and you're not quite sure what that person's going to say about you behind your back. If that, like, I'm right or die. I am an aggressively loyal person. If I've got you back, I've got it hard for life. But if I get the feeling with a female friend that I don't quite know what they're going to talk about when I'm not there.
Speaker 6: Out, do you wait that is it straight up? As soon as you've got the feeling, that's it done? Or do you wait to confirm this?
Speaker 2: I said, not so much the feeling.
Speaker 3: I think it's more when it actually happens, the confirmation.
Speaker 2: What about for you.
Speaker 6: I've had this conversation with my girlfriends a lot. Actually I've got there's three of us. We're best friends to location I and we.
Speaker 5: That's not what.
Speaker 2: You should hear.
Speaker 6: The conversations I've had behind your back, and we've talked about it because we've been so close to so long. What is the only thing that could get in the way of our ship? We've decided is hooking up with audating one of each other's exes. Yeah, I think that's the only thing, because it just feels like the ultimate betrayal, right when your feelings are that involved?
Speaker 2: Can I play Devil's advocate here?
Speaker 1: They're an extra reason?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can I say, like, just a little bit down the track, there are some things that arise arise in friendships that you don't foresee and can also be deal breakers. So you might think, I think at your age, in your twenty sel, oh my god, we're going to be friends for long.
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm not ignorant to the fact that things will change. But right now, like we've arguments, whatever, the only thing right now that could tear us apart is if one of the girls dated my ex or vice versa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, okay, there's a few things to that. I could play devil advocates there too. Anyway for me, lying and big lies. I cannot stand people who are feeding you one story but not taking you know, in any situation. And I talk about this a lot, like with ex boyfriends and stuff. Now as I get older, I'm I take four responsibility for my part in that story. Yeah, But for people who lie and constantly lie and then you find out that what they're telling you was not actually actually the truth, I can't stand that there.
Speaker 3: Is something like that, someone who can't put their hand up and go, oh, you know, I messed up?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, wow, Okay, so much different for bikes.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, well, in terms of just how complicated female relationships and friendships can be, like for blokes. For example, a couple of days ago, I'll got a text from one bloke in particular, I haven't spoken to our recond for about five or six years. Three way text, and he said, boys, I hope this is the right numbers, but should we catch up for a beer? And we're like, absolutely, let's lock up the time, So you were actually just not speak for five or six years and then go bang and pick it up.
Speaker 3: You weren't annoyed that you hadn't heard from him in all that time, not to say congratulations, hazy.
Speaker 2: You've had seventeen kids like he had.
Speaker 1: Kids as well. Yeah, right, so just life going in different directions, but we'll be able to immediately pick it up. Legend.
Speaker 4: I've got friends like that though, that you don't speak for a few months or whatever, and then there's a text or what what ever.
Speaker 2: I think that's okay.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they're the best sort of friendships, the ones that are unconditional. It's like, okay, I get life's gotten in the way. I haven't heard from you, but that's okay. It's fine. When I see you, I'm going to pick up where I left off. Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten. We'd love to hear from you this morning. The friendship deal Breakers, Has there been something with a friendship that you've had that you've gotten up?
Speaker 2: That is category?
Speaker 6: What ended the friendship?
Speaker 8: Geez?
Speaker 1: Was it? Murdy?
Speaker 2: Wasn't murder?
Speaker 1: So complicated? We do have some Balow Adelaide five hundred after Rais concert tickets to give away as well for the best course so gives call thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: If you've been.
Speaker 3: Waiting to skip to school holiday crowns for your next trip, now is your chance you take.
Speaker 1: A sneaky weekend with what if dot com.
Speaker 2: Just imagine all those empty.
Speaker 1: Beaches, fullcodidation and more on the what if happen?
Speaker 3: What if it's ouzzy for travel Chelsea, Good morning? What's the friendship deal breaker?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 7: So I have this friend and when we were younger, we used to meet up in the most honest places and so the one place that she's nice to meet up with the top of like a five story car park and a few nights she a few nights before, she'd asked me whether we could meet up there at like the middle of night, it was like eight o'clock, and I said sure that I was on the way home from work, And when I left, I rang her to see if she was on her way, because I wasn't not far away. She said, I'm five minutes away. So I rocked up and I rang her again and she said that she was.
Speaker 9: On her way again, and then she didn't turn up for an hour.
Speaker 7: And left me in the dark at the top of a random car park. So I went home and then when I literally the minute I had gotten home, she rang me and she was like, where are you and started for abusing me because I had left and left her at the top of the car park. And I said, if you're not going to turn up at the right time, then don't meet me.
Speaker 5: It's that simple.
Speaker 7: And she's done that a few times.
Speaker 10: Didn't she be there?
Speaker 5: And then wasn't okay?
Speaker 7: And then harry on topless Later that night, I was obviously asleep because.
Speaker 9: She messaged me at four am in the morning. She'd had a bit of an accident with her boyfriend and she went on about me going out to get her.
Speaker 7: Plan BA and I said, no way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay. So first Red Flag was meeting in top up?
Speaker 1: Was your friend Drake?
Speaker 2: We shared video right anyway? Was there a helipad? Good morning, Luke?
Speaker 11: Are you going?
Speaker 2: What's the friendship deal breaker?
Speaker 11: So me and the partner were having a bit of a tough time, so I reached out to a childhood friend who's been there for many years.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 11: He then decided to say, oh, you have no problems, We've got I've got no plans. This week and I'm just going to be at home if you need anything. I went, yeah, no problems. Literally. You know, I was still talking to my partner at that time and found out he invited her around here for a bit of a get together, a bit of an adult party birthday. Then to find out, I think it was about two days later from one of his friends that we both socialized, is saying that he had a female friend coming around that was going through a breakup and it was going to be an easy time.
Speaker 1: What a sleazy, dirty bags, dirty birdy servision.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, See that's kind of same vibes as hooking up.
Speaker 2: With next Yeah, eggs. They were just going through a rough bat awful.
Speaker 3: That's horrible, And that's there's a lesson in that too, to never bag someone who's going through a breakup. Never bag the partner because if they did get yeah, yeah, awkward.
Speaker 2: Shannon for the friendship deal broker for you.
Speaker 10: Hey, So I had a birthday drinks and celebration, and it was like an engagement celebration as well, because I recently got engaged and it was so like my fiancee to me, all all of my friends and family in like a group social setting yep, and one of my really good friends was like, I'm really sorry I can't come. I can't get a babysitter. And I was like, oh, that's okay, like totally understand, you know, but we'll organize something else. She was like, I'm really sorry, blah blah blah.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 10: Anyways, later in the night, I go on Snap and she is at the showdown with.
Speaker 5: Her sorry to laugh, we get it.
Speaker 3: To friends, I'm so sorry I can't come to your engagement party? Go down?
Speaker 2: Should we take abby? Good morning?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 10: Mine? Is that my best friend told me to essentially break up with my partner?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and what was your.
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 10: I'm all for like being there for your friend and you know, talking them through the option. You can not. You do not have the ride to say your partners are good enough for you break up with them and then they've just never been the same friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, yeah, what's so tough about that? I would really hope that if my girlfriends didn't like Alex, they'd tell me. But then if it actually happened, that's how do you deal with?
Speaker 2: What about if one of your friends likes Alex too much?
Speaker 1: What about if I told you to break up without this.
Speaker 4: That's a tough one old friend boyfriend thing. And I think the key takeaway in all of this is we all love Alex.
Speaker 2: He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide.
Speaker 1: What's the news to snooze news missus.
Speaker 3: The news you're waking up to the top three stories that you need to know as you head into your Thursday.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Abbey in the newsroom. What you got? Good morning.
Speaker 4: So police are going to continue trying to search for the missing fifty five year old who was attacked by the shark, which is obviously super sad. It was just south of Streaky Bay, so they still haven't found him. A few witnesses do believe that he might not ever be found, which is really sad. So hopefully today they go back out and they find something. But yeah, second shark attack. Wooney had one a few months ago for years, so not good.
Speaker 2: Calls for a cull as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I don't know where I sit with this because I feel like the ocean is their playground, that's it.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if you're going to go in, you know the risks. Unfortunately, there was talk about this while I was living in Queensland up sort of on the like north New South Wales coast. Ye, I personally don't think it should happen. Yeah, it's their playground. We go on swimming. It's like you coming to my house. It's like me coming to your house and you eating me. That's the risk you take.
Speaker 3: Such you know, and you know, I get very hungry, especially around two or three of the afternoons, the cravings here, and then I'm like, Abby, get over here, bring.
Speaker 1: Your kids over Hey, where's my third kid?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I ate him well. And you the risks swinging into my ass.
Speaker 2: You took up the invite.
Speaker 3: News Mean Girls one of the greatest films of all time. So Rachel mccadams, the actress who played for Gina George in the film, was noticeably absent from a new Walmart commercial which featured several of her co stars from the twenty fourteen comedy You Have a Listen.
Speaker 2: At North Shore. Something's never changed on Wednesdays. We still wear pink.
Speaker 10: Get in sweedie.
Speaker 4: We're going deal shopping, but now we shop warmer at Black Friday deals.
Speaker 2: Buckle up how much Black Friday deals are flawless?
Speaker 1: Those deals are hot.
Speaker 7: I saw him as heron by Apple AirPods and legos, so I bought.
Speaker 3: So apparently there's no bad blood between McAdams and her castmates Lindsay Lohan, Amda Sea Freed and a Lacey Schappeur.
Speaker 2: But they all appeared in the ad without her, right, I mean, do you blame her? What do you mean? Sounds a bit tragic?
Speaker 3: Wow, she's coming in hot with the shaming of the Mingos ad for warm.
Speaker 2: It sounds a bit like, you know, would you get involved?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would, because the minute I hear that music, I'm taken right back to watching.
Speaker 1: That's all I could hear? As well? Was miss here in the background to Susy The Matilda's Yes never failed to disappoint. What about Mary foul In the sixty second minutes the World carpas Fowler, it opens up for the shot that's taking Matilda's three Chinese type ai zip. Yeah, thanks for coming, ladies.
Speaker 2: And we all know Mary Fowler's story, don't we know?
Speaker 3: We don't commentators of the World Cup, would you please tell us because that would be your job?
Speaker 1: Wow? What about Mary Fowler and her relationship with Nathan Cleary? Sometimes I just look at couples and go, wow, can we just monitor the potential happenings of future offspring? Because if you mix Nathan Clear with Mary foul you will get one of the most super athletes I reckon that this country will have ever since I've.
Speaker 2: Seen that strike on the TV. That was incredible.
Speaker 1: God's essdiculous and he's foot skills as well for a halfback. As to our elite as it is, this kid's going to be a freak. For God's sakes, Mary Nathan have a kidpro create Express news. So that's what I'm waking up to after I've been dreaming about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, suddenly got super creepy, didn't it.
Speaker 1: It's sport related though, Yeah, I'm just thinking of the potential. Yeah, okay, it was super athletic. All right, that's a post snooze News fifteen Machine quiz.
Speaker 2: Your mass is coming along splendidly, Thank you so much, doing very well.
Speaker 3: Numbers six fifteen Vending machine is a jam packed full of prizes this morning, and playing along is Jane from Warsom Lakes.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: How are you oh good, thank you?
Speaker 3: How are you just really looking forward to cracking into the Thursday.
Speaker 2: Jane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wait till Friday, me too, Jane, what about some of these prizes Fellow Adelaide five and after Ice concert tickets, Earthplay Studio vouch is an Amazon Alexi Echo, Pop Smart's speaker or Cheese Fest twenty twenty three tickets. What would you if you've got the choice?
Speaker 13: What would you go for the Amazon?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: The speaker?
Speaker 7: Yes? Good.
Speaker 3: However, we have over the Journey in the last week given away two packets chips, so just be very aware Jane that that.
Speaker 2: Is a possibility.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, We've got.
Speaker 2: Three questions for you.
Speaker 3: Just need to get the third one right to have a crack at the vending machine. Are you good to go?
Speaker 10: I'm good to go, Jane.
Speaker 3: What board game is known for the phrase do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars Monopoly?
Speaker 1: You must be the Monopoly guy. Thanks for the nice Joan great?
Speaker 5: Okay? Question two?
Speaker 3: Which girl group released this song in two thousand and two? Says every single morning when it comes in here, he's like, is my body too delicious?
Speaker 1: Up and down?
Speaker 3: You know, Jane?
Speaker 10: You know, I know?
Speaker 3: Any All right, let's go to Nick from Parafield Gardens.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nick, Hey, guys, they're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so good.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Which girl group released this song in two thousand and two?
Speaker 2: Destiny question number three? You get this right? You get a crack of the vending machine?
Speaker 5: A rack?
Speaker 2: Noophobia is the fear of what beautiful?
Speaker 1: Very nice?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: I need a letter from you between A and C see see yeah, and a number between two and six.
Speaker 5: Four four four?
Speaker 1: Did you say four people? What a good feeling about this?
Speaker 2: Please don't be the chips.
Speaker 1: That'll be three days in a row.
Speaker 2: That would be horrible. Okay, Nick, I don't do that adding some vine and chips. Oh my god, you wished it?
Speaker 1: On Nick didn't wish anything I said. Better not be.
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Onion?
Speaker 2: Who likes cheese? And Onion? No one ever likes the cheese?
Speaker 9: Naion.
Speaker 1: Sure we could make some calls and speak to some people.
Speaker 2: Think they make them any more?
Speaker 6: Do that?
Speaker 1: Hey? Nick, thank you for playing. They mate appreciate it. Thanks guys for the cheers. Is this some kind of quota that we can get rid of all the chips in one week?
Speaker 2: I genuinely don't know what's going on. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Absolutely insane. Another story has emerged from the States of a bloke forty four years old risking it all by robbing your bank, knowing if he got caught he go to jail. Of course, he did get caught and he was sentenced to twelve years in prison. But he's a kicker. When he was sentenced in court, he said, I'd rather be in jail than at home with my wife for the rest of my life. And I just thought, careful what you wish for their champion. You just don't know what you've got until it's gone.
Speaker 2: And also you just championed him too.
Speaker 1: He's getting hell a lot of that in jail. Yeah, new kid on the block and might have been shorten. It's a champ at some stage, tiger or sport, the dreaded sport, their sport.
Speaker 2: Don't sport.
Speaker 1: Some spoon with me.
Speaker 2: Oh it's little happening in cell block.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you think that she wants some time alone, and then you get that time alone, or you just want pure time with your buddies, like he's jail buddies, and then you experience it and you're like, oh my gosh. So last weekend Car and the kids went down South for a couple of days, and I had genuinely two days completely by myself.
Speaker 3: Which sounds exciting at the time, but I reckon, you get about three hours in and the house is really quiet, and you're like, oh my god, where's my family?
Speaker 1: Exactly what happened to me on Saturday? So we went to Harvest Rock, Yes, which was just fantastic, And obviously I was catching up with a very good friend of mine, right, you laugh, because it's one side of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Ok, it's all right, we get the joke.
Speaker 1: And just before I even got there, so I haven't got there by three, I can already FaceTime my family three times, to the point my wife was like, you bored, aren't you What are you doing? It's like, oh my gosh, I think I've made the wrong decision here. They eventually came back on Sunday nights, and it wasn't until last night we were back into our usual chaos, and I was like, oh, here we go. I think at one stage Lady had punched me in the side of the head. Yeah, got me in the ear. I might get a little Collie fairer e And I looked over and Henry called me a butt muncher. Usually you'd sit there and be like, Wow, gosh, what am I doing? But at that moment, I was like, I'm sweat Hunt.
Speaker 3: I just knew that you weren't doing well when I called you on Sunday and you were like, I'm just on fine my friends to see.
Speaker 2: Where care is.
Speaker 1: Founder she can't escape you. She was traveling on the coockical drain produces. He's a good person and so he joints as well. Good morning, Soey, welcome to you. You've had a bit of a revelation.
Speaker 6: I have had a bit of a revelation and it's slow key embarrassing. But also I don't think I'm alone in it. I've realized that my brain is completely full of useless information that I don't need. Yes, we sort of all knew that absolutely, but I think I'm not alone. It's because if you guys seen on Spotify, there's like an ai DJ.
Speaker 2: I think his name's Xes.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 12: I'm X, And from this moment on, I'm going to be your own personal AI DJ on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's let's go get a cup of corf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ic tea, etcetera.
Speaker 6: As he do X, he gives you a playlist of like your top music over the years, what he thinks you might be wanting to listen to, And I thought, you know what, I'll give you exit crack. So I put him on and he goes, let's go back to one of your most played hits from twenty nineteen, and it was Hamilton the Musical, which is that's the embarrassing part, what a banger. Where it gets worse and where I realized my head is full of useless information is that I can recite start to finish the entirety of Hamilton, which is a hip hopra which means that the entire thing is lyrics three and a half hours in my brain.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, are you right? It's this is cool fun love.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Actually, but it's you know, NonStop lyrics for three and a half hours, and it lives in my head rent free.
Speaker 1: So there's no way that you'd be able to delete that. No, it's not amazing.
Speaker 6: And I haven't even seen the musical for three years and I can still do it. So there's lots of useless garbage in my brain. But Jon, you're a one. You're a good one for lyrics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it always amazes me that my brain can't retain information that it needs to know, but it can recite the entirety of Billy Joels.
Speaker 2: We didn't start the fire.
Speaker 1: Sure it is. Well, let's just put your contest.
Speaker 3: You ready, Harry Jiumandar's Day China, Johnny Ray, Supacific, Walter Winter, Madile, Joe McCartney, Richard nixonstead of Becca Television, Northorea, South Korea, Mariland.
Speaker 6: See that one's impressive because it's just it's not like sensical lyrics.
Speaker 2: So that's very impressive. Yeah, very random lyrics about historical events.
Speaker 1: WePlay songs and songs on Song Weekly.
Speaker 2: And why did you have to go there?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 1: See music is a good one songs. So now I feel like it's harder for me to retain lyrics versus back in the day. Okay, and I mentioned a band to Zoe a couple of days ago. I said, System of a Down. She sort of looked at me and said, what the hell is that at? Yeah, and this song will forever live in my head?
Speaker 3: About letter makeup?
Speaker 1: That is going to be lisp.
Speaker 8: Why does any think ends up on the table?
Speaker 1: Record another?
Speaker 10: What did you.
Speaker 3: Want to?
Speaker 1: Didn't think you wanted to fright.
Speaker 8: Don't think you trust.
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, we ask me my second child's birthday and I'll be like, oh, sure question. That is tough, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Let's do this thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: What useless information is stuck in your head doesn't have to be can be absolutely anything.
Speaker 1: A quota like what's going on your brain? Does it get to sage? It's like full? Yeah, do you want It's like, do you want me to delete those system of a system of down lyrics that you know so well?
Speaker 2: And I'm like keep them not his birthday can go.
Speaker 1: At the door.
Speaker 2: I really want to know the first line to the Hamilton musical.
Speaker 8: How does a Can't say It?
Speaker 6: Orphans Son of and a Scotsman dropped in the middle of a forgotten spart in the Caribbean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, et cetera.
Speaker 6: Was a squaring in that musical. Bring it to the table.
Speaker 1: I can go anywhere as well. So movies is oh yeah, the movies is a big.
Speaker 8: One, big time, big time for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Dodgeball, He's a dodgeball, dive and dodge.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Of course. We all live and breathe by the actions of patches whol hand. What a role model he was my old Europe No, but I do it anyway because Sarah.
Speaker 3: I'm quite disturbing about the fact that you two have Dodgeball in common.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's good.
Speaker 1: At one stage I could recite the whole movie Me and Myself and Iraine. I think I still leave me now. But stuff like that that's just usually useless and random.
Speaker 2: Money, good morning, good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: What absolutely useless information is still retained in your brain?
Speaker 13: I have the telephone numbers of the very first house that I ever lived in and of my best friend at the time. I felt this is like thirty five years ago.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 13: And the thing is, it's so old school that I even remembered it after we transitioned it with the eight in front of it. I've just gone, this is stupid. Why do I still remember these numbers? And I would recite them off, but I've got a feeling her parents may still.
Speaker 1: Live in that wines left.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, no one and only yes, yourself is Astralia, and I think it's philospical.
Speaker 2: I do want to say, just recite one of them for us, can.
Speaker 5: You, okay?
Speaker 13: So for my it was eight two, yes, So just useless. And I have not lived in that house for over thirty years. So yeah, yeah, one of those things that's just never ever going to go away. And I think it was the days when you just got so excited about a phone call, you take the phone outside, the extra long cord out there for hours.
Speaker 3: If you were super lucky, your parents had one of those round extension chords that you could like drag into your bedroom.
Speaker 13: So's almost unrealized, like fire hose, speak.
Speaker 2: To your boyfriend Daniel Lane for hours.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and then dirty bird little Andre Haes is trying to get on the internet post a little texaging through as well. From the mate. He said, I can still remember how many games of AFL you played? Do you remember? It's just so it was zero.
Speaker 8: You want to hug yeah, yes, please, gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Battles you're so yeah, peach. And every week we select the song one song which is going to rain supreme eight o'clock on a Friday morning. It's called Battle of the Banger's and right now, in terms of this contest, and we don't usually keep score. When I say we don't, usually we definitely do, and we really really live by it. It's twelve eleven in favor of me, and at once starts Reckon, you were leading by five.
Speaker 3: I just find it really fascinating that you never brought the score up when you were trailing so.
Speaker 1: Horribly because I didn't have a chance because you would.
Speaker 2: And yet now every single time you're like, I'm leading twelve eleven.
Speaker 1: Okay, well the tables have aggressively turned. You'd love to see that. They'll make a documentary on this one day.
Speaker 5: They will.
Speaker 1: It'll be thirty for thirty.
Speaker 2: It's going to be like the Michael Jordan docco.
Speaker 1: All right, you want to go first, you can go first, Ladies first.
Speaker 3: Well song, Well, I'm interested in yours because I genuinely don't know what it is. Okay, but anyway, mine's completely and utterly random, and I don't know why I selected it, but I just like it, and that should be enough. In Battle of the Bangers, I would have thought, okay, bit of Stacy's.
Speaker 1: Momare that's what this is all about? Yeah, look, credit red Shoe. This is a good song. Yeah, do you remember? And I just peeled back the curtains, do you remember? For a long time instead of Stacy, we were saying Zoe's mom Zoe's mom. Oh my gosh, do you remember how inappropriate that was? I was offended you were doing it?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry about that?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Bindi. You are very very very hot.
Speaker 1: To be fair, This is dedicated to all Thedi's out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, zoe Is mom has got all right.
Speaker 1: It's a great song. It's a great song. Fountains of Wayne too.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 3: Fountains of Wayne went on to do so many good things. Can you name your other favorite Fountains of Wayne song?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't dare? Just alternate versions of Stacy's mum. It's going to go up against old school ask you don't stop. That's we're don't stop. I will.
Speaker 2: I'm gone do we because we can't play this.
Speaker 1: Don't do We're do we? You can do it with your back and do it. You know the words?
Speaker 3: Show it.
Speaker 1: A lovely little tweet or should I say X from ascue. The other day, Elon Musk tweeted things saying remember I ask you, this is him now? And then post the photo of a glass of water and then I ask you responded back and was like, remember Twitter, Yeah, well this is this is it now? And then a photo of like a dumpster on fire, and then he wrote feel stupid yet oh my god, nasty big nerd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, I don't think we can play this song. Did you actually this approof from the boss or not?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely I did. Interesting, it's a diversion, that's for sure. Yeah, all right, Fountains of Wayne the Ice Q chuck.
Speaker 2: On the Johnny and Hazy Instagram page cast your vote do the right Thing.
Speaker 1: Winning song revealed tomorrow morning. Eight am.
Speaker 8: You telling me that you've got your time machine?
Speaker 1: It's Hazy on this daisy Thursday, the second of November. Beautiful day, isn't it outside? Hih made you check time for a little trip down memory lane on this daisy second of November. Let's go back to nineteen seventy four. Nelly was born in Austin, Texas, to Day's's fourteen nineth birthday. For goodness sake, because someone checked in or at least goded Nellie to a genuine medical professional to get that cut check under his band aids.
Speaker 3: The weird thing was he came out of his mum and they went, God, that's the first newborn I've seen with the band aid under his right So.
Speaker 1: Also, why does this baby have teeth and was one of them golden crazy. It started early and he was like it's good and hard in there, pointed to mom, man, this baby's talented. Twenty fifteen now can turnable. Australian Prime Minister scrapped nights and dames from Australia's Honest system. Oh right, yeah, probably good move from Big Mal. There makes sense, doesn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being you know, Barry, he's a knight from Brooklyn Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, Joe crazy dame from Adelaide.
Speaker 2: All right, Barry and Jody, settle down with yourselves.
Speaker 1: Settle down, guys. Twenty twenty baby shark dance video by Krean education brand Pink Farm became the most viewed YouTube video of all time. Every single parent knows that the start of all those videos, Pink Farm, you're like, oh gosh, for the one billiance time, pink Fie.
Speaker 2: I want to punch you and you've only said it's three time.
Speaker 1: I want to punch myself. Hang on, feel good? I deserve that thing. Fine, don't push No One's song. November second, twenty seventeen, Havana by Camillete Cabeo.
Speaker 2: Oh good, song.
Speaker 11: Here she is.
Speaker 1: Get ready to hear the absolute hell out of this song. This song, by the way, all of them up for Christmas. Yeah, it's generated sixty million dollars.
Speaker 2: What I'm right, I'm ryah, you don't mind, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: And whilst it might be the anthem of one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time, love actually I hate this song and I hate that every time you go Christmas shopping, you walk into a shop and that is exactly what you're going to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, consisting it just on repeat, that's all it is. I love that when you hear the start of it as well, it's just it almost like triggers you like, yeah, oh no, no, oh no, don't you very dare?
Speaker 2: And I would say, what girls, all I want for Christmas is to never hear that song again?
Speaker 1: Are you going to hear?
Speaker 2: There's another one that you hear if you don't.
Speaker 3: If they're not playing that in the shops, they're playing this one, this one from Wham as well as.
Speaker 1: Makes the guys about nearly six hundred thousand dollars a yucky. The royalties are like, what are that? When we put that Christmas tune together?
Speaker 3: And also every time you watch that film clip and he's like in the snow with that girl, you're like, George, Michael, you're not falling anyone, you know what I mean, Like you didn't have a crush on a girl, George.
Speaker 1: It's definitely an actor. Yeah, it's actually thinking about public toilets. I'm be shadowed as well. Of course, to Michael Buble, it's getting to look a lot like Chris. This is a nice song that's palatable, but the problem is first few times here, yeah great, and then as we avergeed the sort of you know, the twentieth of December on when you're like, oh god, beautiful perp, get out of my face.
Speaker 2: I just genuinely want someone to come up with a cracking Christmas song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the answer. Jad's got the answer for it. And this is somewhat going under cover. Who would have thought Justin Bieber and some of his Christmas songs, Yeah, what about when he teamed up with Buster Arms back in the day.
Speaker 2: He didn't. Yeah, you're making this up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna leave this with you. A good thirty seconds of this. It's called Drummer Boy. This was a Beaver special back in the day, Enjoy the lyrics, Enjoy the beautiful Christmas vibes of this little absolute bang of rings.
Speaker 12: When the drum down on the SAT drum you when the bee, because the bee goes down. When the only speaking because of playing for the sun, playing for the King, playing for the title, Michael's Christmas Times.
Speaker 1: Oh here's a recital.
Speaker 8: I'm so bad like Michael.
Speaker 2: I know I'm still your I I didn't catch up.
Speaker 1: It's still good time ready. That'll just about do it for us. Tomorrow Friday, eight o'clock, we're going to reveal the winner of Battle of the Bangers his options. First off, from Joe's it's in my top six fountains of Wayne stems of all time, name one of them. I don't have time a good song though as well. Also ask you last from the past, don't start sitting, I will don't start please. It's edited, ladies and general, definitely edited.
Speaker 2: That could definitely be the end of our show.
Speaker 1: Off air permanently gets voting at the Jody and Hazy Instagram page. We'll reveal the winner tomorrow at eight o'clock. Across the day with many DC's what don't forget It's nervous. Pay your bill one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Make sure you register at an overplayer. Yes, it's on today for you.
Speaker 1: Please your DC to give you a call back. You've got fifteen minutes. Just live my life now, one at a time.
Speaker 2: No one does it better than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one does a better version of me than me. It's exactly right, and you can take that into working day as well. I guess who does the best version of you? You go get a tiger leads