Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: General, welcome the late debase.
Speaker 3: Great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. Do you remember how during the presidential debate, Donald Trump and Joe Biden argued over who was the better golfer. Well, it turns out Donald Trump is very good at golf. We've got the footage to show you. Plus, when we look at the papers, the Albanesi government looking at a cabinet reshuffle after two ministers retire, and new data brings bad news for the economy showing record numbers of Australian businesses are failing.
Speaker 4: So we'll get to all of that later.
Speaker 3: But probably the most talked about person in the world right now is Kamala Harris. And as Vice President, she only had one job close the border, and as we all know, the whole world knows, she failed on an epic scale. She once gave a speech where she simply told illegal immigrants do not come, after which more than eight million illegal immigrants came. In fact, the borders are She didn't even bother to visit the border, or at least not until she was shamed into doing so by, of all people, NBC News.
Speaker 5: Do you have any plans to visit the border at some point?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: We are going to the border.
Speaker 7: We've been to the border, So this whole, this whole thing about the border.
Speaker 8: We've been to the border.
Speaker 5: We've been to the border.
Speaker 2: You haven't been to the border, and.
Speaker 5: I haven't been to Europe, and I don't understand the point that you're making.
Speaker 3: So after that train wreck of an interview, she finally relented and went to the border that she was responsible for. And check out what the New York Post is now reporting happened when she went there back in June twenty twenty one. Federal agents were instructed to clear streets of migrants and put on a show for borders. Are Kamala Harris's only trip to the border now in June twenty twenty one, when she visited the New York posts. There were twenty one and a half thousand illegal migrants that month. But when she went there, well, the streets were bare. There was hardly a migrant to be seen, and the only ones that were seen, well they were very well presented. Listen to what one of the border agents told the New York Post and I quote they that is the Biden administration rented out a ton of hotels and we spent hours moving out bodies. The kids that remained, that's the migrant kids. We had to braid their hair. They made jokes about how the building Kamala Harris was visiting was more secure than the whole border. She had zero interest in really seeing anything.
Speaker 4: The whole thing was rushed, caleber Liz.
Speaker 3: This is an administration that we know, for four years hid Joe Biden's dementia, and they spent four years hiding the crisis on the border, I might add, with help from the media, with help from local hotels. How can the American people believe anything they're told these days?
Speaker 9: Well, well, they didn't really have to hide what was going on. In fact, they failed quite badly to hide what was going on. Because anyone who lives in New York or any other part of the US where they've actually at a deal with all of people coming over the border Texas, et cetera, and then being put up in luxury hotels and whatever, they're well aware of what was going on.
Speaker 2: But you know, imagine trying.
Speaker 9: To pull that swiftly. You didn't go there, then you go there, We'll didn't move, you just out of frame just for a minute, so it looks good.
Speaker 2: It reminds me there.
Speaker 9: Was a story we talked about, i think earlier in the year out of Victoria. It's the opposite of this one, where there was a hospital where the health Minister was going to visit and they were really worried that if the hospital didn't look full that they wouldn't get the extra funding that they wanted. So the staff rung in friends and family and whatever to come and fill up the beds so that when the minister rocked up it looked like the hospital was in full swing. Well, Harris has done the exact opposite here. Just get them out of the way. And this happens all the time anytime foreign dignitaries come to tether Oh you know the home was Remember Clover Moore.
Speaker 2: Did this in Sydney, Ida five or six years ago.
Speaker 9: She just had them moved on for a while because there was a big event going on. And of course after our dad matter, you can all come back now like do they think we're that dumb? Do they really think we're that dumb that she would go down there and go nothing to see here?
Speaker 2: It's all good lads, it's not.
Speaker 5: But she knew.
Speaker 7: I mean she's her entire administration is very much culpable. In fact, they facilitated We've covered before the fact that America was flying in some of these illegals. They simply had to get on an app Most recently, I saw China has now produced a documentary telling people how they can make use of this open border into America.
Speaker 5: Go on, guys run along infiltrate.
Speaker 2: So she knew.
Speaker 7: This was because they knew if the VP was going there would go the media, and so they didn't want what was happening at the border to be prolifically playing out in the background while she's standing there going photo ops, I'm at the border.
Speaker 5: I promised you I'd go look at me doing my job.
Speaker 7: So they had to make it squeaky clean for all the media attention.
Speaker 8: It would have suggested.
Speaker 7: But how do you love the mainstream media in America. I'm telling you you do not hate these guys enough. Because of course, the Trump campaign is running very strongly on the very glaring issue of illegal immigration, and she as now the almost president should the Democrats win in November. She was in charge of the border, so Now they're trying to convince us that she wasn't the borders are. Check out this clip comparing media in twenty twenty three when yes, she was the borders are to media now in twenty twenty four trying to convince every one she was never the borders are.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about quote unquote borders are? Vice President Harris was not a borders are.
Speaker 10: Being time vice president and borders are Tamala Harris facing some.
Speaker 4: Backlash what he said about Harris and immigration was not true. She was never appointed borders are.
Speaker 1: And this will be her first visit to the US Mexico Border regents, and she was appointed as the borders are by President Biden.
Speaker 8: People gonna have to counter the misinformation. You already hear folks talking about the borders are. She wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 6: President Biden tapped Kamala Harris Vice President Kamala Harris to be the borders are.
Speaker 1: Now, she wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 5: That's what Republicans labeled her. What is this now? Don't believe you're lying ears.
Speaker 7: I mean, everyone knew that was one of the things that she was appointed with as soon as she was elected as VP as soon as they made it into the White House in twenty twenty. Although you'd think for a party that was so firm on people's correct pronouns, they.
Speaker 5: Called the the czar. He's not a zark. Come on, guy, get this right. But the Republicans, of.
Speaker 7: Course, are charging on with their anti immigration campaigns, much like Bill Eagle, he's the Missouri state senator.
Speaker 8: Check out his campaign ad.
Speaker 1: I'm Bill Aegel. I'm running for governor to crack down on a legal immigration. Let's no more taxpayer handouts for illegals, period, Nada silk, zero.
Speaker 2: Masdinero, no mas fiestas.
Speaker 1: We're throwing them in jail and sending them back where they came from.
Speaker 2: Corma.
Speaker 5: You gotta love it.
Speaker 7: They know the Democrats a weak spot and they're not letting up on it.
Speaker 2: Neither should they.
Speaker 5: This is what the everyday American wants to see.
Speaker 8: The Republicans go hard on.
Speaker 7: They're absolutely sick of this invasion by design that the Biden administration has presided over for four years now. Even the conservative estimates are now over ten million illegal immigrants have made it across the border.
Speaker 3: The clip you played of mainstream American media before Biden resigned, when Kamala was responsible for the border and now just demonstrates most of the media treat the public like the public don't have a memory span that is longer than twenty four hours, and we literally can't remember what happened yesterday, and so they can treat us as if we're completely clueless. And of course, thanks to Elon Musk in particular and X, that's greatly helped people's memory because it promotes all of these things that the media tried to hide, suppress or simply deny outright, that's.
Speaker 9: Right, I mean, and the denial that she was the borders are just gives more bizarre I mean, how can you possibly say she wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 2: And what it proves is if she.
Speaker 9: Were to become president, god forbid. Her track record, just like Barden's when it comes to the border over the last three and a half years, has been terrible. Nothing will change if there is a Harris administration. In fact, you could argue that it is worse because her having been put in charge of the border. Literally her one job as vice president was to do something about the border, and she did literally nothing. In fact, try to hide what was happening at the border, So you couldn't have any confidence whatsoever that anything would change if she were president. In fact, it would probably get worse, I imagine.
Speaker 3: We should add the fact that the media were lying so blatantly about her role just demonstrates how much of a weak point that is for her.
Speaker 7: Yes, correct, And also it is so reassuring to see focus groups like these.
Speaker 8: This one happened in Wisconsin, where they've just.
Speaker 7: Gathered everyday people asking them what do you think of Kamala Harris. This just goes to show that the mainstream media propaganda now around this woman, where she's just the best thing since lifespread, is simply not working because the everyday American goes, hang on a minute.
Speaker 5: You guys are the same people who lied.
Speaker 7: To us for years about Biden's true health issues, and now you're the same people who are trying to convince us that this woman, who Trump has called ad nauseum dumb as a rock, is the best.
Speaker 8: Thing since slid spread. We're not buying.
Speaker 2: She doesn't even know what's going on at the border, okay.
Speaker 7: And that's what she was supposed to be doing doing And then charge.
Speaker 6: On and She's not the first woman to run for the presidency Hillary Clinton. I'm assuming no one voted for Hillary Clinton in twenty sixteen, so it's not necessarily going to sway you to vote for a woman in office.
Speaker 8: When do you think.
Speaker 6: America will have a female president when.
Speaker 8: There's a competent one.
Speaker 5: Just I don't get a good feel for her.
Speaker 4: I think she's an idiot.
Speaker 7: That laugh, Lady there really summed it up such a succinct synopsis right there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very I think she's on the IDIA.
Speaker 3: Very insightful. Indeed, sorry, you're about to say something.
Speaker 9: No, well, I'll bet it doesn't matter. I was actually going to throw to that grab.
Speaker 2: Liz did it for me.
Speaker 9: So you know we're a team here on the Lake debate. We can literally read each other's minds.
Speaker 2: That's how in tune we are with each other. That was MESNBC. By the way you put that to her, it's like, WHOA, what a shot.
Speaker 9: But of course, what is going to catch up with Kamala is her record, and the border is one of those things you can go all the way back into her past and talk about when she was a prosecutor and attorney general and whatever, and we talked about this the other night, all the people she locked up for mina drag offenses and then admitted that she committed mina drag offenses herself. You know, Kamala the cop is what she was referred to back in the day. And then you can get into her record as a senator.
Speaker 2: Now, of course she has been described. Well, we'll let her tell you.
Speaker 9: She's been described as the most liberal senator that there was in the United States. The person who described her is that may not surprise you, but when she was asked about this, you are the most liberal senator.
Speaker 2: She almost squirmed at the idea.
Speaker 9: Didn't know how to respond because of course this stuff, if you're trying to go to an election against Donald Trump probably ain't going to work.
Speaker 8: You're considered the most liberal United States senator.
Speaker 6: Somebody said that in it actually was Mike Pence on the debate stage.
Speaker 7: But yeah, well, actually that nine partisan Gov track has.
Speaker 5: Rated you as the most liberal senator.
Speaker 8: You supported the Green New Deal, you supported Medicare for all.
Speaker 9: I mean, she looks like a deer in the headlights there. Oh no, don't tell me about my voting record. People might actually pay attention to what I've done. I mean, this woman is not just a centrist sort of lefty.
Speaker 2: She's a proper leftist there.
Speaker 9: And I think Michael Kroger was talking about on PML. You know, you thought Bernie Sanders was bad, wait until you see Kamala Harris. And that's the danger. It's very clear in the way she's treated the border that she will bring with her a suite of very left wing policies, most of which she will keep hidden in the lead up to the election, because of course you don't want to go too hard. But with someone as radical as her there, who is a DEI higher She's only there because she's black, not even African American, but you know, has dark skin, a woman of color as she has described herself, and a woman.
Speaker 2: And once she gets to the job, what's she going to do? I don't know. She doesn't want to tell us.
Speaker 3: And this is what the Trump campaign have got to focus on. They can't go around calling her a DEI candidate.
Speaker 4: They can't keep bringing.
Speaker 3: Up her cackle or telling us all she's dumb is a rock because we all know that. But really where they can destroy her is on her record. His Pennsylvania senator he's a Democrat, Bob Casey in Dorset, Kamala and someone has taken his endorsement and demonstrated why it is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And look at this. Kamala Harris is inspiring and very capable.
Speaker 8: The more people get to know her, they're going to be particularly impressed by her ability. I am prepared to get rid of the filibuster to.
Speaker 5: Pass agree the deal. There's no question I'm in favor of banning thrat.
Speaker 8: Would you be an offshore early yes?
Speaker 5: What is the solution for voters in the fossil fuel industry.
Speaker 8: Giving the workers an ability to transition. We're not going to treat people who are undocumented cross the borders criminals.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 2: Raise your head if you think it should be a civil.
Speaker 9: Effects rather than a crime across a border without documentation.
Speaker 10: Abolish I sam that a position you agree with, and we need to probably think about starting from scratch.
Speaker 4: She's absolutely inspiring.
Speaker 3: If you like open borders, you like fentanyl being trafficked into the country, you like socialism, She's very inspiring.
Speaker 4: And that's what they've got to keep doing.
Speaker 7: And well, if the DEM's love all those things, so even within her own party, there's really not going to be much pushback. As we've seen over the last four years, the Dems do not object to this. It's the Republicans who've been screaming their lungs out, particularly over immigration. But you just saw her say that, or ban drilling or ban fracking. What is left once again, much like our won't say radical left, but our lefty government. You're just like, you're crucifying our prosperity.
Speaker 5: What are you doing.
Speaker 7: We are sitting on all these resources and now you're telling us we can't use them for the sake of the planet. That is exactly what the Democrats have been doing. And that's exactly what everyone knows because she's been very upfront about it for four years while she's been in the limelight as VP, they know exactly what to expect should she make it to the White House.
Speaker 2: God forbid.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Joe Biden announced officially that he will not be in the White House next term. And this appearance was posted to answer all the questions about why he's standing aside and what's really going on. And he spoke for what fourteen minutes and really didn't give any reason at all. In fact, he boasted about what a great job he's been doing, which left open the question, well, why.
Speaker 4: Don't you keep doing it?
Speaker 3: But of course you didn't need to listen to his words to know the truth about why he's dropping out.
Speaker 4: You just had to look at him.
Speaker 3: Have a look at the bizarre way in which his addressed to the American people began.
Speaker 11: My follow Americans, I'm speaking from behind the resolute tesk in the Oval office.
Speaker 3: My fellow late debaters, it was alone a long pause there.
Speaker 8: I think, what the heck was that about this?
Speaker 7: Because it wasn't even live, as I mean, the internet wins the day again. They paid attention to the time on the watch he's wearing, and they were like.
Speaker 5: This wasn't even alive, So why wouldn't you just cut that bit out?
Speaker 9: Well, actually no, it's quite possible because, of course, remember he said recently that he wasn't going to do events after eight pm, and his age was saying that he was only really of any use between ten am and four pm. They probably wound his watch back so that he looked at it. I'm still in working hours. I can actually I can actually stand up.
Speaker 3: I want to come to his defense on the watch thing, because my watch. You know, it's powered by it's no battery, it's powered by I don't know, your body energy or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but occasionally, if I don't wear it for a while, I put it back on and it's totally stopped, and I don't really.
Speaker 9: So Biden is wearing an automatic watch. And if he is wearing an automatic watch, then that's actually one thing I'll give to him, not wearing a court's watch. That I'm wearing a courts watch. But if he's wearing an automatic watch, I bet he's actually a point in his favor.
Speaker 2: But watching that thing, and just look at the man's.
Speaker 9: Face, right, this is weak at Bernie's Now, if you weren't already convinced that he couldn't run again, you've got to be after watching that speech today, the way that they've done him up, and we know that they did the fake tan on him after the debate because he's just so sickly there. I mean, they've gone beyond fake tan now, they've gone beyond Donald Trump makeup.
Speaker 5: Does the crypt keeper neck?
Speaker 3: You know the actor I think it's James Wood said this online today. He said it was like looking at an open casket.
Speaker 2: It was it was actually I feel really sorry for the guy.
Speaker 7: So you guys coming around to my mask, that.
Speaker 5: Was no mask that you're watching last night.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm talking. I'm just hearing you guys.
Speaker 2: That was a mask.
Speaker 9: Then they did a very poor that was and whoever did the job, if that was a mask, just got Biden down packed.
Speaker 2: It's the worst we've ever seen him up. But of course this was a pre prepared speech. It was scripted. He had a prompter, the whole thing.
Speaker 9: And he couldn't even get through that, a possibly pre recorded speech.
Speaker 2: He could not even get through that without stumbling.
Speaker 11: American's gonna have to choose between moving forward or backward, between hope and heat, between unity and division. We have to decide do we still believe in honesty, decency, respect, freedom, justice, and democracy? In this moment we can see those we disagree with, not as enemies, but as fellow Americans.
Speaker 4: Can we do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, God help us all.
Speaker 9: And I was having a discussion with a friend of mine this afternoon and he said, watching that, I'm actually worried about his ability to complete his term as president. If that's what he's like today, we're expecting him now to through until January next year. That's what he's like today. I'm not convinced that he won't be dead before then. And then we'll actually have Kamala as president before she's been elected.
Speaker 3: And do you think if you're a Trump supporter, the last thing you would want is for Kamala to get into the Oval office prior to.
Speaker 4: The election before about that?
Speaker 3: Would it not lend her some gravitas that she otherwise would not have.
Speaker 2: I think no, exactly. I think that's the thing that.
Speaker 9: Could count against her is that if she actually has to stand up and do the job between now and the election in November, that people will actually be able to see what she would be like as president, and that may well scare people off. I mean, if I were Donald Trump, I'd be hoping that Joe Biden dropped dead tomorrow so that Kamala could go in there, because if it's a total disaster, then that's her candidacy completely shot, right, or her chances of being elected re elected at that point president completely shot?
Speaker 11: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 3: Well, we're talking the other day about Kamala Harris's campaign launch, and interestingly, she had Joe Biden phone in and speak with her and Kamala Harris herself stumbled when they're asking if Joe was on the record, and then she corrected herself not recording call, which then of course opened up all sorts of questions as to was it live, was it pre recorded?
Speaker 4: Was it even Joe Biden?
Speaker 3: Well, on the Joe Rogan Show, they had a couple of computer nerds do some analysis using AI of the voice on that call, and well, have a look at their conclusion.
Speaker 1: Let's just go on all the Leaven labs and see if that's really all they probably used for this.
Speaker 11: So lude.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Nerds cannot be stopped.
Speaker 8: Very likely.
Speaker 2: Probability ninety eight percent.
Speaker 4: They didn't really try, so they reckon listen, I know you will love this. They reckon.
Speaker 3: It was a ninety eight percent probability that the voice on a Paul purporting to be Joe Biden was actually an AI Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: Indeed, indeed, so it was a Freudian slip when she said, Joe, we know you're still on the record.
Speaker 8: Are you still on the line there?
Speaker 5: Joe, No, he wasn't. He wasn't on the line.
Speaker 8: And I love that.
Speaker 7: Joe Rogan, he's the most listened to most watch podcast in the world, by the way, millions upon millions of followers. So he took it upon himself to just be like, why, well, they're having conspiracy theories when I can just get some AI geates, some of the best in the business to test this out and the results speak.
Speaker 4: Through if that's true. If it's true, and I'm not convinced, but if it's true.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm sure you know better than the high tech.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying there was a two percent chance it wasn't.
Speaker 3: According to Joe Rogan, I'm going with a two percent because I want to keep my faith in government.
Speaker 2: If that you.
Speaker 3: Got faith in government, I'll get off.
Speaker 4: Well, let me make my point.
Speaker 3: If it's true that it was AI and pre recorded, that means Mamala Harris would have had to rehearse that entire thing practice interaction.
Speaker 7: No, no, you don't understand how this works.
Speaker 8: As I said, I've got an app on my phone.
Speaker 7: All I need is a voice grab from you and then I can speak using your voice.
Speaker 5: I'm not typing it in to say AI.
Speaker 7: You can do it that way as well, but it is a very easy way to make it work.
Speaker 4: So it could have been speaking on the crack pipe.
Speaker 9: It could have been anyone that would That would explain why he said that he could actually see what was going on at the thing even though he was on the phone, Because if it was Hunter and he was smoking the crack pipe, maybe it was he was having visions of what was going on. And because we know that Biden has refused to have a meeting with Benjamin Yaho, the Israeli Prime minister who is currently in the US, and he rocked up today at the Capitol to give a speech and the carry on outside, and we've kind of left this alone for a little while that the protests have ey down for the most part in Australia, but they ramped right up again, these pro Palestinian protests in the US today. And if you thought what you'd seen up to this point was pretty bad, this was even worse. Here they are burning the US flag. And then this woman was asked if she supports her mass. Now, look, it's probably pretty self explanatory when you take a look at her. She really didn't need to ask the question, but she tried not to answer it anyway.
Speaker 2: What messes you.
Speaker 7: Want as soon to do I don't have a message for you.
Speaker 4: Free Palestine, that's it.
Speaker 2: Are you supporting?
Speaker 5: Your answer? Now, I support the resistance.
Speaker 2: Apologies, I'm assuming that's a woman. But you don't know what's going on under all that clobber, do you.
Speaker 9: And then of course they were up on a monument spraying Hamas on it, just to really prove the point they were trying driving home.
Speaker 12: Sorry, like you.
Speaker 9: Couldn't make it any more obvious. We're just here supporting terrorists.
Speaker 2: And I seriously ask.
Speaker 9: The question, why can people like that, even if they are a citizen of the United States, not be punted out of the country. If you're standing there literally writing hamas the name of a terrorist organization on a monument, thereby voicing your support for a terrorist organization, are you not a terrorist sympathizer who shouldn't be allowed in a Western nation.
Speaker 3: Well, that footage where they're burning the American flag, you couldn't hear it on that clip, but if you listen to the whole thing, you can hear the chance of Allah Akba in the background as well.
Speaker 4: And you think, well, where are the police.
Speaker 3: It turns out there were police present, not nearly enough.
Speaker 4: But check out how the police were treated by these protesters.
Speaker 7: What you're doing.
Speaker 3: So, as you can see there, the police are trying to do something, though greatly outnumbered. Imagine though, if those Hermus supporters had been say Trump supporters, going.
Speaker 4: For a walk through the capital, it would.
Speaker 7: Have been insurrection all over again January sixth. It would have made the front lines. But this is truly disturbing because I believe any government worth a grain of salt would be this is the country's capital. These protesters bust themselves in.
Speaker 8: I don't know who's funding this. Somebody look into that, please.
Speaker 7: Bust themselves in from all over the country to make a huge demonstration. Now, I don't doubt that some of them there don't support Hamas and would have been just as horrified as we are as to what it turned out to be. I mean, these guys scrawling all over some of the most sacred monuments in America, much less their capital, carrying on like pork chops, violence against the police, chanting aluakba. The Liberty Bell was completely graffiti. I visited that bell myself and it's unrecognizable.
Speaker 5: There wasn't a smallest liver of it.
Speaker 3: Left, and we wanted to show it tonight, but we couldn't because of the obscenities.
Speaker 4: It just wasn't right to show it on team.
Speaker 7: We would have had to blur out the entire footage, so it wasn't worth showing you.
Speaker 5: But these guys went to town.
Speaker 7: Now, I don't doubt that some of the protesters thought that they were just rocking up to an everyday protest, protesting the war, protesting the bloodshed, and obviously, much like January sixth, actually there were the agitators there who were there to cause trouble, who there to do the worst, who were there to take the flag down and burn it in front of everyone and dance around joyously. It's frightening when we see these demonstrations, and much like our government here.
Speaker 8: We do not see a strong response whatsoever.
Speaker 3: And the other point they proved, and Benjamin Netanya, who made this point in his speech to US politicians, is that the war in Gaza is not simply with Israel, it's with America and the free world, as well as demonstrated by the fact that they're graffitiing American monuments, they're burning the American flag. I mean, they couldn't have made Netanyahu's point for him better than they actually did well.
Speaker 8: He dedicated the first half of his speech.
Speaker 7: He went for about an hour, dedicated the first half of his speech to slamming these protesters, including the academics that were called before congressional hearings.
Speaker 8: Most of them ended up losing their jobs.
Speaker 7: I must say I thought it was a waste of half of a speech, really, because firstly, the right to protest is just as much protected there, if.
Speaker 5: Not more than here.
Speaker 7: And I found it very strange that a visiting dignitary from another country, who's who's visiting the most powerful nation on earth, took it upon themselves to slam Americans while asking for more support, which is of course taxpayer dollars. I did find that remarkable, and I think what a lot of people wanted to hear was some sort of there is an end in sight, and he covered off on a.
Speaker 8: Bit of that talking about Rapha.
Speaker 7: We killed over twelve hundred terrorists, twenty four civilians as well, tragically, but over twelve hundred terrorists.
Speaker 8: We're doing our best here, but.
Speaker 7: There didn't really seem to be any end in sight, and that's what these protesters, and indeed the world at large wants.
Speaker 8: To hear when is this going to end?
Speaker 7: And the terms that he laid out in his speech for an end to this war just don't seem REALI whatsoever. So I think anyone who's waiting for this to end would have been very disheartened today.
Speaker 3: And deed, I thought he controlled himself very well, bearing in mind Biden wasn't there, Harris wasn't there, Pelosi wasn't there, He didn't get an official welcome when he arrived in the United States. I thought he was treated very badly by the Biden administration. And I take your point that he slammed the protesters, but he was quite specific addressing the fact that they were chanting from the river to the sea, and he addressed the fact that that is historically and geographically inaccurate. He did slam the academics, but he himself is a graduate of MIT and of Harvard, so he has history with these institutions, and these institutions have labeled Israel a racist state, a genocidal state, and so yes, he was addressing the behavior of some in America. But these are worldwide tropes that he took the opportunity to address. And he did end by saying the vast majority of America are supporting Israel, and he's very grateful for their help. But I thought he was restrained. And when you see what it was restrained.
Speaker 5: At all, it was.
Speaker 7: Joined, applaud, listen, And I was like, okay, made just in the country just because he wasn't welcomed by certain dignitaries, that doesn't give you an excuse to then get up in Congress. And kind of to me, it came across as if he was berating, and you do not do that when you were given the honor.
Speaker 3: Of standing ovation from most of the people's presence. They cluly fil rated several.
Speaker 8: But he was in the presence of friends.
Speaker 7: Obviously half the Democratic Party didn't.
Speaker 4: Even knock up to the speech exactly.
Speaker 7: So another reason why I did not understand why.
Speaker 8: The tone of his speech.
Speaker 7: When he knew that he was preaching to the choir, you were you're well, he.
Speaker 4: Was preaching to a domestic audience as well back at home.
Speaker 5: He doubt very much that they were watching.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they would have.
Speaker 7: Been our long speech from the man that they've already outright made clear to everyone that they're not fans.
Speaker 3: Think if your country is under existential threats, very existence, and your national leader is speaking in Congress that people back in Israel wouldn't be watching and listening.
Speaker 5: To what Israel.
Speaker 8: Yes, but you forget.
Speaker 5: He is wildly unpopular in Israel.
Speaker 4: But that's why I like him.
Speaker 8: In the minute they go.
Speaker 5: To the polls, he'll go. And that was before the war.
Speaker 2: That's during the war.
Speaker 8: He is a dead man walking.
Speaker 7: Perhaps that's why he's just like oh burn every bridge on the way out. He himself in June disbanded his own war cabinet. I mean, things are not good at home, So don't talk about him.
Speaker 8: Like he's adored at home. The Israeli he's adored.
Speaker 3: He just said that the domestic audience wouldn't have cared. And I'm just saying people in Israel.
Speaker 7: No, I wasn't talking about the domestic audience. I'm talking about the audience that he was speaking to, which is first and foremost of people in Congress.
Speaker 5: That is your first audience.
Speaker 7: And so to spend the first half hour kind of with this berating tone, I found it very jarring, especially when the whole point of your visit is to solidify your allyship and ask.
Speaker 8: For more support.
Speaker 3: I think when your country is under existential threat, you're not that worried about being polite.
Speaker 11: Or perhaps.
Speaker 7: When he does these fund raising rounds, he doesn't speak to world leaders like that.
Speaker 2: He's very he's very Consially.
Speaker 9: I agree with you both to some extent that I thought that the discussion about the protests is sort of so six months ago, and this is a war that has dragged on for a long time now.
Speaker 4: Zero help.
Speaker 3: Back the entire Sure sure, sure SHOT's dragged on because the world has not given Israel permission to do what needs to be done, get rid of her mask.
Speaker 9: But the problem is that in order to get rid of harmas you essentially have to go in and carpet on the joint. Well that's that's that's the only way you get rid of her mass.
Speaker 3: I'll be to be perfect protecting. Then you do what you do to protect your sie hives. Look from those who come across the border, rape, burn, behead and kill.
Speaker 2: I'm on record what we.
Speaker 7: Like I've tragically taken. On October seven, Israel have already claimed forty lives to each one life.
Speaker 4: Israel and not the villains. Her mus are the villains talk to her mass.
Speaker 8: We understand that, But how long? How long can you how long.
Speaker 7: Can people who do hold life sacred keep saying that, keep.
Speaker 5: Saying that, because, like I said, the measures.
Speaker 7: That Netanya who set out in this speech, he said, we will we will not end on anything but total victory. And total victory looks like civilian leadership in Gaza? Who is an anti Israel?
Speaker 8: Where are you going to find them in Gaza? Right now?
Speaker 4: After you have got to go all the way.
Speaker 7: But the other one is all the way though after Gaza As we've got forty thousand people dead in Gaza, what is all the way?
Speaker 5: You're going to kill everyone who supports a mass? That's all of them?
Speaker 3: Are you not playing into the strategy of her mass where the Hamas wants.
Speaker 7: I'm not playing, No, I'm simply looking at There is no.
Speaker 4: End date Tomas their strategies.
Speaker 3: They want civilian casualties because then eventually the world will say, you know what, we supported Israel in October seven. But there's been so many casualties, many of them pushed forward by Hamas so that they create outrage and eventually, if one tires of the war and says, eye Israel, come on, stop, just that's enough. You've done enough. And Israel fall short of their goal, which is to secure the border and secure the safety of their own citizens, which is the right of every sovereign country.
Speaker 2: They're never going to totally.
Speaker 9: The problem is that you're never going to totally do that unless you wipe out everyone in Gaza who supports mass.
Speaker 2: So I'm not I don't disagree with that point. So you do mac.
Speaker 4: Everyone who supports her mass.
Speaker 5: That is all gardens. That is the entire But that's the only answer. And because that's the way they were raised.
Speaker 7: If you were born two would back come us.
Speaker 4: What's the alternative to secure the They have.
Speaker 8: Lived side by side for a very.
Speaker 3: Very Israel continually have bombs, lobbed over missiles, They.
Speaker 7: Continually fire back, They continually.
Speaker 3: Five and they've finally said enough, We're not going to put up with this. We're going to eliminate this problem once and before. A sovereign democratic nat has to be right to self defense.
Speaker 8: There has to be an end insight.
Speaker 3: Easy to say that you're in Sydney where we've got no dramas.
Speaker 7: No, it's easy to say that in Sydney when you've never been to the West bank.
Speaker 8: You've never actually you have to.
Speaker 7: I think it is very difficult for anyone with a beating heart right now to just say yes, I am okay for this to continue indefinitely.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep arguing about this during the commercial break, but stick around after the break we'll take a look at what the papers are saying.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry for laughing.
Speaker 3: Just as we're coming back from the break, these two are saying rude things to me, trying to get a reaction. We are now going to look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers.
Speaker 4: Are going to do it sensibly. Caleb, you've got the asage.
Speaker 2: Ah, you're seeing how the sausage is made. Let's go to the strategy.
Speaker 9: It's been real Thursday Thursday for us as our last night of the week, so it's like Fridays. Sometimes they get a bit silly. Let's go to the OS where it says PM's reset.
Speaker 2: We'll see a reset. It is on Sunday.
Speaker 9: Push to get Home Affairs in order. Anthony Albanize has urged being urged sorry to use his first ministerial reshuffle to sharpened Labour's policy cut through in Indigenous affairs, housing and immigration, while swapping out under pressure ministers Andrew Garles and Clara O'Neill.
Speaker 2: From their current jobs.
Speaker 9: If he does not do that on Sunday, then God help this man, God help this country. If nothing changes, I might well have an aneurysm. How would it be possible to leave Andrew Giles in situ after how badly? And there's another story about all this inded YQ stuff we'll get to in a minute. But if he's still there on Monday morning, I don't know it is going to pack up, move to No.
Speaker 5: He's still there now. So if he's still there now.
Speaker 2: Then he could well be there on Monday.
Speaker 7: Ninetee to still be there Monday because the worst of it has passed. It's like, well, if you survive that, mate, you're not going to be moved on for any reason.
Speaker 3: Apparently there's drones monitoring every movement by Andrew Giles. In the article, this is my favorite part of this article, right it says Anthony Alberanezi boasted about how long his cabinet and ministerial lineup had lasted. No government in living memory has had a more stable cabinet and instrual positions for its first two years in office Albanze. He said, well, it's only remained stable because he has, as you've pointed out, allowed hopelessly incompetent ministers to remain in their job. The stability is testament either to Albanese's cowardice or his own incompetences commitment.
Speaker 9: I think the use of stability here is a bit overstated, because of course by leaving those ministers in place, you created instability, particularly for the government, Like, how can you possibly look at that and go, we did a good job, boys, Like they've done a terrible job, and he's backed them in the whole way.
Speaker 2: By the way, Linda Bernie to buddy, Oh she's she got up and she cried and carried off.
Speaker 9: I believe you're leaving politics because you're a failure, Miss Bernie.
Speaker 2: I mean, she had one job. Better put these back on so I could see the camera. She had one job.
Speaker 9: As Indigenous Affairs Minister along with the Prime Minister, and that was to get the.
Speaker 2: Voice over the line.
Speaker 9: She's absolutely failed in that, like turned it from sixty forty.
Speaker 6: Line.
Speaker 7: The neighboring headline literally reads Bernie proud of voicemail?
Speaker 2: How how what is it proud of?
Speaker 9: In there and she's not done anything else in the with Indigenous Affairs to improve the lives of a single Indigenous person in this country.
Speaker 7: I was surprised to find out that she had resigned because I thought she already had heard of you since the Voice campaign.
Speaker 4: I think, can I.
Speaker 7: Just point out mac has drawn a go tee on.
Speaker 5: Can you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's appropriate to show that I think glasses.
Speaker 3: I think Linda Bernie would say that her achievement was being the first Indigenous woman to achieve certain positions, and so it was an achievement of symbolism, which the Left are very fond.
Speaker 7: Groucho Mart's eyebrows, these.
Speaker 2: Are really wow. James James loves to doodle in the ad breaks.
Speaker 9: But I would say her greatest achievements as Indigenous Affairs Minister was much like Giles, just surviving.
Speaker 2: Until the reshuffle came along.
Speaker 9: It's for another story on the front of the oars tomorrow, one that mister Giles will be reading with great interest. M Zidyq cases sent to High Court. The Albanezy government is seeking to avert another wave of dangerous non citizens using the landmark enzi Wyq ruling to be released into the community by elevating the cases of too foreign criminals to the High Court, with a constitutional law expert saying the gamble would backfire if the government's case failed, because of course, once it's to started in the High Court, if the government fails, the precedent is set across every other court across the country.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're totally stuffed. I understand why they're trying to do it, but it is a big gamble.
Speaker 4: How could it possibly fail.
Speaker 3: You've got Mark Dreyfus, you've got Andrew Giles, and you've got clar O'Neill on the case.
Speaker 5: How could it possibly fail? Just like the last one did where.
Speaker 8: They were like, oh are we fine at the High Court? We don't even have a plan B.
Speaker 7: And then it wasn't fine at the High Court and all those guys got released and started reoffending.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: And remember this emergency legislation that is coming through that they can redetain the worst.
Speaker 2: Of how many of them have been redetained? Duck egg.
Speaker 9: As far as I know, they certainly haven't crowed about it if they've done any of it. Another story on the front of the Odds Tomorrow Business failure record more to come. Business failures surge to a record high in the past financial year. Is Deteriorating economic conditions, combined with rising operating expenses, forced many companies to close for good amid the threat of a rate hike when the Reserve Bank meets next month. And this is the biggest problem for the federal government if and when they go to an election. And I was talking to someone the other day in Parliament who was saying their belief is that will go to an election in September, so that there would be potentially one rate rise.
Speaker 2: In the offering if it happens in August. The best case.
Speaker 9: Scenario would be that you avoid a rate rise in August, then you call an election, and that may well scare the RBA out of making a rate rise happen in September because they don't want to be seen to be interfering in the election. The worst case scenario is that you have a rate rise in August, you have a rate rise in September, then you wait until May next year, everyone's interest.
Speaker 2: Rates continue to go up.
Speaker 9: I mean, this is the one thing that could potentially get a coalition government elected.
Speaker 2: And that's a tall order. Come on, it's the one thing that could potentially do it.
Speaker 9: Businesses failing at record rates, interest rates go up twice again. The government doesn't have anything else to sell. They've done pretty much nothing in this term of government that they can say was big policy. Their one big policy, the Voice failed. All they can say is well, we delivered you interest rate rises and record business failures.
Speaker 2: That's going to go.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if they took the country to an election in September. You've got the NRL finals, the AFL finals. The last thing anyone wants is to have to go to polling booths on a Saturday when you've got football finals.
Speaker 4: That's a worse than the government con.
Speaker 7: I'm convinced after standing on a few polling booths myself. But I'm convins that most Australians vote because they don't want to get fined, So maybe maybe they'll be more amenable to that if it means missing the game.
Speaker 5: They're just like old cop it on the nose.
Speaker 3: It's only twenty dollars, isn't it.
Speaker 5: No, I've always voted.
Speaker 4: It costs you more money in country. Do you know because a friend.
Speaker 3: Of mine it costs you more it costs you more money in fuel and tolls in Sydney to get to the polling booth and then just pay the fine for not voting.
Speaker 2: I know someone.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to tell you who because those baggers at the AEC are probably watching.
Speaker 4: I know someone point at me when you're telling this story.
Speaker 2: I know someone.
Speaker 9: No it's not James McPherson, but the at Ocean probably look into him. And I know someone who isn't enrolled to vote, hasn't been enrolled to vote for most of his life. He's in his fifties and they've never found him. They've never found him, so he doesn't vote, doesn't copy fine. I don't know how they haven't worked out that he doesn't vote.
Speaker 2: But he doesn't vote. There you go, there's the hack.
Speaker 4: But he's voted in American elections.
Speaker 7: In fact, last American election he voted ten times. Vote early voters, you have run page to the Daily Telegraph, Now run metro around the clock.
Speaker 8: A plea from business all night long.
Speaker 7: Desperate bar and restaurant honors are demanding the New South Wales government cash in on the new twenty one point six billion metro under Sydney by running services twenty four hours a day to revolutionize the city's ailing night life. Yeah, but would that work to actually get people into the CBD, especially now that they're out of practice venturing into the CBD, if they are going for drinks, if they are going to have a late one with mates.
Speaker 8: I just don't know that the metro is going to be all that bigger incentive.
Speaker 2: What's what's to lose.
Speaker 8: In doing it?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 2: Because they don't have drivers on them, they're automatically.
Speaker 3: You've still got to pay for staff on platforms, you're still going to pay for security. And the other problem is they've got to find some time to do maintenance on these things. So if you're running twenty four to seven when you do make and they're always doing track work.
Speaker 7: It wouldn't do any harm to have to go probation period where they're like, well, we'll just see how many people are actually using the twenty four hour service before we decide to make it permanent or not.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to go to a break when we come back. Donald Trump, how good at golf is he? Well, he's actually surprisingly good. We'll show you in a second.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. Well, one of the great regrets I think we'll all have.
Speaker 3: Due to Joe Biden dropping out of the presidential races, We'll never get to see that golf tournament between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who would win.
Speaker 3: Trump on a heartbeat, he played a round with professional golfer Bryson champion Shambo Chambo? Is that how I say his name to Chambia. Have a look at how good Trump is. He's got an awkward swing, but the result is pretty good.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at that.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect I've never was fifty yards further.
Speaker 8: Well, that's really hit.
Speaker 11: It may be left.
Speaker 2: You hit that grade right.
Speaker 13: I just pulled it well, said away the water, beautiful, sit down, beautiful shot.
Speaker 4: Nice by the way, partner, this.
Speaker 2: Is a little closer. I'll let you call it, but.
Speaker 4: I know that that's going to break like I can control that. I know how to do like I like you. This would be a solo birdie if you make this right here.
Speaker 8: I want to see one out here.
Speaker 2: This would be a very nice birdy.
Speaker 4: Yes, it would be.
Speaker 2: Go in, go in.
Speaker 4: Let's go solo birdie.
Speaker 3: And aside from playing a great round of golf, don't Trump just seems like good fun. Listen to the conversation they have in the golf cut talking about the maple trees.
Speaker 13: See, they just see the trees in there. They grow naturally, they grow naturally. You can take them, put them out here. You have the nicest trees in the country. That's a maple right there. I love it, just gross, you know why. It's very vibrant part of the world.
Speaker 3: Calvin Lisa can that would be a nice, enjoyable Saturday morning round of golf with him.
Speaker 8: Who wouldn't want to play around with Trump?
Speaker 7: I find it very interesting because back in twenty sixteen, twenty.
Speaker 8: And sixteen, Trump was never seen on a golf course. He was always suited up.
Speaker 10: He was all about projecting that I'm about business, I'm about business, I'm on the job. But because of the way that culture has changed over the last eight years, people love to see these glimpses into your personal life and what.
Speaker 5: Song you're playing in the golf cart.
Speaker 8: And that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: So his campaign is running with this and sharing these kinds of clips of his life.
Speaker 8: I think it's great.
Speaker 9: I know, And there's actually there is another clip, so he gets a birdie in that one and Bryson de Shamba, by the way, invited both Trump and Biden to play a round of golf with him after that gauntlet was put down at the debate. I think Biden has just sort of magically let the invitation go missing.
Speaker 2: In the mail somewhere.
Speaker 9: He spends more time working out how to put his underpants on in the morning than being able to swing at golf club.
Speaker 2: But in that he got a birdie. There's another clip.
Speaker 9: Trump scored an eagle, and I mean, for a man with a swing like that, it's a pretty unorthodox swing.
Speaker 2: He does a damn good job, he certainly does.
Speaker 3: That's it from us. Enjoy your weekend stick around. It's Red the Penney Show coming up in just a moment.