Speaker 1: Live for. This is the Mabrecks of Paul Murray pub Test. Can I from tweetheads just now work can be any one of my favorite things that haven't speaking everything a littly? It is called the Mavericks pub test?
Speaker 2: Can I everyone?
Speaker 3: How are we tie up?
Speaker 1: Tie up? We're to see everyone? Thank you so much for being here now tonight. I love this night every single election because you are the bumper bowling thing is down all right, like this is about real answers to real questions that people genuinely care about in suburban and regional Australia and with us tonight. Of course Bob Catter, the leader of Cutterer of Australia Party and the Member for Kennedy, Pauline Hanson from Pauline Hansen's One Nation will be here. And the wonderful Matt Canavan, who has always with us on a Monday night from the l NP Proud of the end bit in the LNP as always all right now, before I get to all of them, as you know, I like to start the show. We just you know, I read a few psalms from the whole book of albo Ah I just double check. I welcome everyone, individually to country just in case, make sure you're all as comfortable as possible. But rather than the big long carry on, I'll do the data dumps and the rest of it. Let's just have a quick look at some of the stuff that's around today before we get to the real reason that we're all here today. Nineteen days until the federal election. We're excited about the election. Yeah, I thought so. I thought so. Someone's been reading the polls. Eight days until early voting starts. It is meant to be on a Monday, but it will be Tuesday because of the holiday. It's almost like they planned for the election campaign to be in the middle of it. So what did they do today? Well, Anthony Abernezi lots of different places, but he was handing out the cash unsurprisingly, your money borrowed money and doing so in Tasmania today, Prime Minister, what money did you spend of the Chinese today? Sorry, the debt today?
Speaker 4: My government today is announcing up to twenty four million dollars to help buyer prepare for a lower missions future and to secure the future of the mill. Nine million dollars of that over the next two years will be to ensure its financial viability as this transition occurs. Will also provide up to fifteen million dollars to match the company's own investments in electrification that are occurring.
Speaker 1: How is he winning? But okay, remember we're bringing back a paper mill one shut down while he's the prime in the start, which means we don't actually make a full paper anymore in Australia. Were important, but that's all right, don't be distracted. And as you know, the rest of the media they only started to count the spending from the start of the campaign week outed it from the start of the year.
Speaker 4: A seven point two billion dollar announcement today five million dollars ten million dollars, two hundred million dollars, three billion dollars, three hundred and fifty million dollars, two billion dollars, thirty seven million dollars, eight hundred and forty two million dollar, two point four billion dollars, eight point five billion dollar, four point eight billion dollar, one billion dollars, three point four billion dollars, two point eight billion dollars, two hundred million dollars, one hundred and fifty million dollars, one billion dollars, two hundred and forty five million dollars, six million dollars, three million dollars, ten billion dollars, twenty four million dollars, nine million dollars, fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: And that's our show for tonight. Thanks very much for waking the late debate is up in a moment or two times seen inc Now, I don't know how many of you you know, things weren't all that you planned, and there was a little divorce, a little breakup, but your kids keep forcing you to have to see the person you don't really like anymore, to keep the piece when it comes to Christmas or Easter or birthdays or things like that. Well, perfect example of that would be the kiss non kiss between Albanezi and Plivsick.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're both from your South Wales and we're both so close and we're both don't touch me, don't touch me. Well, you'll be pleased to know that today when mommy and daddy were asked by the kids, everything's okay, can you?
Speaker 4: Plivsik has been a friend of mine for a long period of time. We live in neighboring seats. Were good mate, since she's doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I reckon we should still all be elbow bumping, because during an election campaign, the last thing you want is to catch.
Speaker 2: A cold from someone.
Speaker 1: So that's on me. I should have done the elbow bump, I reckon.
Speaker 7: He's still getting along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I hadn't heard that. I hadn't heard that until this. Then, see, Boss, I didn't say it. I just mouthed the swearing. Seriously, I don't want to catch a cold. These people, they take the proverbial, don't they. As for our Peter Dunton, what he was doing today, well was actually at a work site, one that his son had been working on at some period of time, and there was an opportunity in a moment for his son to have something to say about trying to follow in his dad's footsteps, his mum's footsteps, which is save up to buy a property. You know, God forbid that idea.
Speaker 8: I am saving up for a house, and so is my sister back and a lot of my mates. But as you've heard, it's almost impossible to get in in the current states. So I mean, we're saving luck, Mard, but it doesn't look like we'll get there in the near future. But we'd love that to change.
Speaker 1: But it won't surprise you. This was a controversial thing for a young man to say because the media, who of course in the past has already turned around and tried to blame Peter Dutton for his father's heart attack. We're now trying to say that he was heartless because he was forcing his kid to save up for the deposit for the house. And the questions came today from the media. This was some of the tough ones that came the alternative Prime Minister's way today.
Speaker 6: Do you foresee being in Wyala before voters head to the pulse?
Speaker 9: And given that this site produces around about eighty thousand tons of emissions a year, how confident are you that the investment that you.
Speaker 1: Put forward will start to make a difference in shipping away at that bring you that will make a difference. Now, of course, such questions asked of the alternative Prime Minister. How soft you reckon the media was today? Do you think there was any follow up on his version of housing policies? Well, as you just saw, no didn't take place. Why because we all know what they're trying to do Now latest opinion poles have come out from Resolve. They are worse for the Liberal Party. They also suggest that the Donald Trump of it all is switching voters back towards Albanezi. So, as I've said for the past two and a bit years, don't come and complain to me when it's three years of more of the same. All right. If you think the Orange man is bad, well what about the bloke who's got the top mansion in the next little while. All right, last one I want to show you before I introduce Bob Caada, Matt Canavan and Pauline Hanson, is I want to pick up on something one of my colleagues and friends, Andrew Bolt did on his show tonight, and it will be the first question to all of you this evening, which is did you know that people who are not Australian citizens can vote in Australian elections? Believe it or not, that is the case at state and local government level, depending on where you are, someone who is not a citizen in Australia can vote in an election. He's Andrew explaining it, and then I'll ask our mavericks tonight what they think of it.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you something amazing. We actually let non citizens vote in elections here to choose who runs out some of our capital cities at Melbourne and Hobart and Adelaide, even students from communist China can come and vote in those elections and in some other council elections. Even more extraordinary is the now I said it was more likely than not the Chinese students had actually managed to elect another former Chinese student to the Adelaide Council, this guy Ling Gi. Can you imagine China ever letting an Australian stand in an election for one of its cities and for other Australians to vote them in? Have we left ourselves wide open to interference foreign interferes?
Speaker 1: Amazing reporting from Andrew bolt tonight, and to answer that in a whole bunch more questions. I love them. They're mavericks, they're free thinkers, and they don't give U stuff what anyone else thinks, which is why we love them. Ladies and gentlemen. Matt Canavan from the lymp the One and Only Pauline Hanson, Bob Tatter from Tatter's ASTRADI your party, all right, Well we'll just go from left to right, right to left, depending on which way it is on the screen or how you feel about the world. Matt, I'll start with you. How the hell is a person who is not a citizen of our country allowed to vote in any election in our country?
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know.
Speaker 9: It seems like news to me obviously, though we did have a parliament a few years ago when a few people didn't realize there were citizens of another country, including myself, was at risk there for a while, so I have to play guilty of that.
Speaker 3: But look, I don't think that's something it should happen.
Speaker 9: I mean, it sounds like there's only a few people those so it's probably not material.
Speaker 3: But yeah, why do we have that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Paullen, why do we have it? And is it a surprise to you?
Speaker 7: It's people who.
Speaker 10: Came in in the country, basically from Britain that came out to Australia and they're regarded as citizens who can vote. So it's up to about I think nineteen eighty four that if you actually write before then you can actually vote in Australia after that period of time, if you're permanent resident now know you can't. What I do know is that in South Australia, the council there that you don't have to be a resident of Australia. Foreign students can actually vote if you've got a visa into the country.
Speaker 7: For about three.
Speaker 10: Months you were entireed to vote in the council elections in South Australia.
Speaker 7: So what is happening. A scam is going on.
Speaker 10: A lot of these students are being scammed for the vote and it's been rooted. So I brought it to the tension of my member of parliament there to actually do something about it. I've spoken about it on the Florida Parliament that nothing's happened.
Speaker 7: Yet we're going to force the issue. Paul, it's not right.
Speaker 1: How did we get you.
Speaker 6: We've a legislation that if you want to be a public servant in Australia working for Australians, then you will take an oath of allegiance to Australia. The Foreign Affairs Department issued instructions that there would be no Australian flags anywhere in their offices. Now, when I rang her up, she said, oh no, we didn't say that.
Speaker 2: Would you like me to read out what you actually sent out to everybody?
Speaker 6: As far as I'm concerned, if you want a job working for Australian people, and you'll take an oath of allegiance to this country. And if you're not prepared to become an Australian as soon as you get here and you don't vote, good stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, So thank you guys. Appreciated not without Notif I appreciate it here, then none of the questions. Also, I noticed that if we've got Cheryl here, Cheryl, come on down, my friend, you get a chance to ask our Mavericks. Of course very mainstream to us, but you know to left he's there, just frightened of such common sense. What's your question, my friend? And thanks for coming on tonight.
Speaker 7: Thank you. I just like to ask, how do you think the cost of living needs to be dealt with? Pauline?
Speaker 1: Okay, paul All of you will get a chance to answer as well, but we'll start with Pauling. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 10: Deal with the climate change BS that's been foisted on to the Australian people. It's the coast of living has been driven by the high cost of electricity, so it affects the farming sector, the industry is manufacturing, and the normal household.
Speaker 7: We have driven up the cost of electricity That's why insflation.
Speaker 10: Also, the fact is there's the government cannot control their Their spending has driven up from six hundred billion dollars when it took over from the coalis And government up to a trillion dollars now and over the next year and a half it will be driven up to one point two trillion dollars in debt that we have. It's overspending. They can't manage the country. They're absolutely bloody hopeless. As far as I'm concerned, this government needs to go.
Speaker 1: All right, bab cost a living catter Australia Party, how do you deal with it?
Speaker 6: The markup on food from a basket dividers we took is two hundred percent.
Speaker 2: It was one hundred percent when.
Speaker 6: Wolworths and Coals had sixty eight and seventy two percent. No country in the world has the concentration of market power that Wilworsts and Coals have in Australia.
Speaker 2: Whilst you got.
Speaker 6: Two people to sell food to two people to buy it off, you're going to get screwed, and you're getting screwed on a grand scale.
Speaker 2: My potato farmers.
Speaker 6: Get paid ninety cents, You pay three dollars ninety five.
Speaker 2: I mean for the humble potato fuel.
Speaker 6: Brazil one of the most advanced industrial companies in the countries in the world. Now Brazil is filling up their petrol tanks for a dollar nine cents. You're filling up for a dollar ninety one because they get ethanol and you haven't. And also you buy all your fuel from overseas. Every leader of fuel comes from overseas. In ninety ninety two, with self fission fuel and finally electricity, I was the energy minister. There is no justification for one thousand dollars a year and three thousand, three hundred dollars a year.
Speaker 2: What did they do?
Speaker 6: They gave themselves twelve hundred dollars a year. The government taxes your electricity for twelve hundred dollars and then to save the planet they charge you another.
Speaker 2: Thirteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: So there you go, one fuel, food and electricity.
Speaker 2: There's massive savings for a government that's a.
Speaker 6: The right thing by their people, and that is not happening now.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, Matt Trent to see if a lot of teaqub.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: Cheryl's the most important issue for any Australian and something has broken in the last few years. I mean, I agree with Bob about the role of Colson Wilwors. That's why we've said we will impose or change our competition laws to have our vesti laws for the first time. But Coles and Woolworths didn't start just price gouging the last few years, right, That's not what's changed. Something really has changed in the last few years where now you can't get a cheeseburger McDonald's less than five dollars. I mean, what has happened to this country? Why how price is so high just in the last few years. Has two main factors. Pauline's touched on them, But I just want to build down on the spending or on the government spending Cheryl. Since COVID, we've gone from spending about four hundred and seventy seven billion dollars a year of your money in Canberra. Now after COVID, we're up to seven hundred and seventy eight billion dollars a year in Camera. Three hundred billion dollars a year extra every year is being spent in Camera now on a household basis, that's thirty thousand dollars a year extra being spent for all of you.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of debt.
Speaker 9: So trillion dollars sounds like a big figure, but it's thirty thousand dollars every household extra being spent. This is not sustainable. We have to have to scale that back. And then the other thing is the energy. We just lost control of this. We've walked away from cheap coal fired power, that's our cheap energy source. We've shut those cold fire powerstations down. Price has gone up, you know, over this campaign it's a five week campaign, right, China's building two cold fire powerstations a week, so they're going to open ten coal fire powerstations while we're all debating about doing more batteries, wind and solar.
Speaker 3: It is a joke and it needs to change.
Speaker 1: Lady yet, all right, Loving three, your mate, thank you, thank you for watching your questions for the team. Let's start with Matt and will work our way down.
Speaker 11: Matte, what's what do you think is the best way to reduce the budget deficit given that we're just not living within our moons.
Speaker 9: Look, if you look at what's growing over these past few years, as I just mentioned the figures, the big growth has been in social security and in way for it, green energy schemes, so on the ladder. One's easy, right, latter of one they just need to go. And it's probably how it hasn't got the attention that deserves in this election. But we have committed to ending the ridiculous fourteen billion dollars we're spending on hydrogen projects.
Speaker 3: They've all failed, they've all failed, eight.
Speaker 9: Of them have fallen over in the last year, and yet we're wasting your money on this pipe dream that labor. Still they won't mention it much anymore because it's an absolute failure. End that we've committed to doing that, So we will reduce the.
Speaker 3: Budget deficit in that way.
Speaker 9: And the other one, of course, has to be a proper look at the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Speaker 3: It is a worthwhile scheme.
Speaker 9: I fully support helping those people who are disabled, but I refuse to believe that one in ten young boys in this country need government assistance. It's not rightly set up right now, and that's another big growth item that needs to be looked at.
Speaker 1: Halleen Paulleen about that specifically, that budget deficit. We know that structurally it's there for the next not ten but forty years.
Speaker 10: It is under the One Nation policy which we released in February is to reduce the budget by ninety billion a year and it is to get rid of the Climate Change Department and that will save thirty billion a year. This is all being cost Paul, where the only political party wants to get out of the Paris Agreement and then common sense to run our own country and not letting foreign investors or the other people making profits out of us. That the demise of many Australians and rising cost of electricity. Also, it can be tackled with the Educational Apartment duplication in the States. Those states should be handling education ndis. Yes, we are targeting that six hundred and sixty thousand people on NDS at the moment forty five billion dollars expected rise about ninety to one hundred billion by twenty thirty thirty two. As well, we want to do a have an investigation audit into the Aboriginal industry, which I've been talking.
Speaker 7: About for the last twenty nine thirty years.
Speaker 10: Of bign Minister's Some cabinet gives the niAA four point five billion a year, the other departments their grants is eleven billion from another government departments and also another twelve and a half billion.
Speaker 7: There's no accountability for this.
Speaker 10: You've got three thousand Aboriginal corporations out there. They receive royalties, they don't pay tax and royalties.
Speaker 7: This country has been taken over and it's wrong and we need to and if I ever do.
Speaker 10: Anything before I'm out of politics, is to treat everyone equally on a needs basis, not race, and get.
Speaker 7: Rid of this division that's happened in our country throughout racism.
Speaker 1: At Tonia wants you to think for a couple of seconds about what you would do when it comes to the deficit. But Bob Katter, how would you deal with what he's now going to be ten years and then forty in the long term. No.
Speaker 6: I come out of a government that ran massive deficits. We spent three thousand million in one year just coming back thirty years and our entire budget was three thousand million. It was spent on building the biggest power station in the world, which was.
Speaker 2: Fueled by free coal. We took the coal where they liked it or night for free.
Speaker 6: And we're the chiefs dilectricty in the world and we got the biggest stadium minium state producing in the world.
Speaker 2: In return for that, we were building a dam every year.
Speaker 6: And one thousand kilometers of rail to open up mines, which we opened up a massive mind every eight or nine months. We're opening up a new mind that hasn't been a new mine opened in Queensland in.
Speaker 2: Thirty two years.
Speaker 3: I played a bit of a role in that brownded the Night opened just a few years ago.
Speaker 6: I take that back because he's right about the Dani mine. Sometimes people like myself from hud Rock Mining, but I.
Speaker 2: Think about coal in that seat. Please, you've had yours, say you have myself right.
Speaker 6: Our political party will build a relay line if we get the balance of power. I'm sure into the Galilee and open up the Galilee, which will double coal production.
Speaker 1: In the state.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry to mister Canavan, but his party is keeping that tax, and that tax means that all marginal minds will close, no new minds will open, and as the old minds run out of coal, we're closing down the industry. Now the Liberal Party in Queensland telling their waking back benches, look mate, it's going to close down.
Speaker 2: See with that tax there to close down.
Speaker 6: Right, and there's public Oh, we would never do anything close down the coal industry when you, in fact are closing it.
Speaker 2: Down, you're keeping that charge in there.
Speaker 6: And look, honestly, I just reached a stage in my life where I'm sick and tired of hypocrisy and I just get it every day and it just makes me madd and matter.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not as well advanced in seniority as you, good self, but I feel it every day too. Don't worry, You're amongst friends in that feeling, Matt. You're responds to that though, I mean, let's respond to that. Obviously, it's Queensland state matters versus Federal Party all the rest of it here. But what's your thoughts about how an incoming LNP government would either be able to better negotiate with Queensland to get rid of it, or to do something to override it.
Speaker 9: Well, look, I mean it is a state issue, as you say, Paulie ellen Cley just up the road across the border have been elected not to change the color royalties in Queensland, so they won't be doing that. I believe governments should stick to their promises. They're elected on their promise and I won't ask a government to break a promise with people that they've been elected on. So that's the reality of that. There does need to be a look at that over time. The big issue there is the thresholds haven't been changed for years, yet costs have gone up enormously. What would be good is if we can get the cost back down. So the cost of mining a ton of coal now in Queensland is for often well over one hundred dollars a ton with a higher royalty's crick kick in. It used to be seventy or eighty dollars a ton. It's gone up a lot just the last few years. Energy is a big deal, red tapees a big deal, and those are the things the federal government can try and fix to bring those costs down, and the royalties might matter as much.
Speaker 1: Right Tony question was about the deficit. What would you do if you could be Prime minister for twelve hours and you can have a half of a hilltop home somewhere, what would you do with the deficit.
Speaker 11: I think we just need to try and cut expenses and some of the areas that the National Party we're talking about was cutting the expenses in camera, cutting the public service back to the bare minimum.
Speaker 1: All right, good stuff, Tony, appreciate it all right now before we get to our next question here, Pauline, your beautiful and wonderful daughter Lee is running for the Senate in Tasmania. Bob, your boy Robbie is kicking backside in Bricebane as the leader of the canter Australian Party. Matt, if one of your kids comes to you and says, Dad, I'm coming for your Senate spot, would you want a second Canavan in the garden.
Speaker 9: I'd love my kids do whatever they want to do. I do encourage young people to get involved in politics. I think it's a noble pursuit. So if they want to do it, great, But kids at the moment are riches in other things. One's launching rockets all over the place.
Speaker 3: And good on him. We need more people do on that too.
Speaker 1: So, Bob, what's your advice to Pauline about letting your kid in have their own political identity, Because obviously that's plenty of questions that come when Lee's The first question is bleeze about mum. Question Mum is about about Lee? What's your advice to her? If there's another generation who want to take on a party. I said to mine, she's taking notes.
Speaker 6: I said to my son, who had no knowledge of anything in life except rugby league a contract with the Cowboys, I said, if you ever feel.
Speaker 2: You've got to do something, because your name is Katta, I will kill you. I will personally kill you.
Speaker 1: Well, so, Pauline, if you said that to Lee, how would she go?
Speaker 7: No, she wanted to kill me because I wanted her to go on in the politics.
Speaker 1: She's none.
Speaker 7: I saw everything that she went through. Why would I want to put myself through it? And that was a few years ago. But the fact is that now she's had her two children of her own.
Speaker 10: She says the issues that are happening in Tasmania, she says, I can't sit back and not do anything about it. So she's got the passion dedication. Don't underestimate my daughter. They underestimated me, and guess what, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: They have all read yeah, funny for one nation in Tasmania. That that you can hear in the background, by the way, is not here at the venue. It's the sounds of heads exploding. At The Guardian, writing about watching tonight's program here on Sky News. All right, I've got Meghan. Where are you, my friend? Come on down? Holdo, dun't it? What is the question that you would like to ask this wonderful group of people.
Speaker 7: Okay, please explain.
Speaker 12: So it's too why we must pull out of the Paris Agreement and twenty fifty net zero target and how do you believe that it's affecting our cost of living?
Speaker 1: Good on you mate? All right Paul in Paris, you've already said you want out?
Speaker 3: Why yes, I have, because.
Speaker 10: We're the silly buggers that are signed up to it, and no, the other countries have signed up to it aren't going down the pulling back on their emissions. We put out one percent of missions out in the whole world. It's supposed to be global, but we're actually not. And we're bound to it by the government'spent holding us to the emissions trading that we're doing at the moment and reducing the missions is actually costing us our country to go down the bloody drain our ways life, our standard living dimlitious.
Speaker 7: Well, it is putting so much pressure on our country.
Speaker 10: Get out of the Powis Agreement, get rid of the climate change bis teach our kids in their educational system critical thinking. Let them have both sides for the argument to make up their mind. I'm sick of these kids being told they're coming to the world's coming to an end. I'll tell everyone out of you, you're more likely to die from lack of operations and the medical attension and medication that you need rather than the will coming to a bloody.
Speaker 7: End, because it's not going to happen.
Speaker 10: So we need to do this and you get rid of this rubbish, this climate change zalance that are out there people making a lot of money out of the expense of the Australian people, and people need to wake up to themselves.
Speaker 7: We have to get rid of this climate change.
Speaker 10: Countries now that head it down this track, there's Germany, France and other countries and Canada and all the rest of it, and China and Japan and making the culvide power stations which we support, build new coal fired power stations ninety percent emissions free the coal that we have. Instead of shipping it overseas and news now.
Speaker 7: Clean coal, we mouse it for ourselves. Reduce the energy, the passive energy.
Speaker 10: In the square, start our industry and manufacturing, give the people of this country hope for the future, because if we don't, I want people in the one generation to come and if we don't change it, we will be a third world nation like Argentina went all.
Speaker 1: Right, good on you, Megan, thank you, Matt response, and then Bobbles, well, thank we Well.
Speaker 9: Look, I remember had some people come into my office a few years ago and try and convince me that we should sign up to the Paris or something and zero missions, and I heard them out. I'm very respectful, and I just turned them and said do you trust China? And they sort of are gobsmack to bit, And you know, no one really can answer that question with a yes with a straight face, right. It's like, well, ultimately, if we're to do this, we have to trust the other countries we're doing it with, because if they leech on the deal, if they squelch squelch on it, we will be left far behind. And because the Elvis answer that question is no, I don't trust the Chinese comments party.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 9: I mean, they can't be trusted. We can't sign up to this agreement. It's as simple as that, we've seen the real world effects of this in the last few years. Did anyone see that should advertise other shows on Sky News.
Speaker 3: You should usually be watching Sky News.
Speaker 9: But there was a great documentary on Channel seven the other night about it industry. Yeah, so yeah, yeah, okay, you give credit where Yeah, I've heard of Chris Olmond did a great one too, and that zero should check out as well. But so so, China has built could fire power stations in Indonesia. They've undercut our nickel industry, a very proud industry we established back in the nineteen sixties with the world's largest nickel exporter.
Speaker 3: That's the little dead what's three thousand.
Speaker 9: Jobs in this country because we're silly enough to think that the Tesla boy and customers of Europe would go for the green energy nickel that we were producing at high cost and not the the so called dirty, cheap black nickel produced by Chinese finance coal mines in Indonesia.
Speaker 3: And guess what they did.
Speaker 9: They bought the Indonesia nickel. And we've lost three thousand jobs. Now that's just the start of it. If we keep doing this, we'll keep losing and manufacturing industries will lose ability to make steel. We'se a copper industry that Bob defends up there in the northwest of Queensland, and suddenly we will no longer be able not just to make things.
Speaker 3: We were able to defend ourselves.
Speaker 1: Bob, you get the last a on this one before we head off field. Great pape Again about.
Speaker 6: My background, it's mining. I was prospected workman minds. There's Friday Ma mining company Foreignto Parliament. My background is mining. We can't process copper because we can't afford that electricity. We can't, are you many, It's doomed, it's cajealed electricity. The plant in Townsville, they're trying to do something, but again the cost of electricity will cripple and kill them. The fertilizer plant, which I'm desperately trying. We really don't produce any fertilizer much at all in Australia, and yet we've got the largest phosphate deposits.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 2: But the gas is all foreign owned.
Speaker 6: And I'm sorry to say that the Liverpool Party and the Lave Party gave all of our gas away for six cents a unit and we have to buy it back at sixteen dollars sixty Well, good on Peter Dunton for saying he's bringing it down to ten dollars.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, Peter, the Russians are getting it for five dollars.
Speaker 6: The big fertilizer voice from the block, the United States, the big fertilized boys, they're getting it for five dollars. So good on your pete from bringing it down to ten. But unless it comes down to five, we can't compete. Reserved resource policy was the heart and soul of the Country Party, the party that I belonged to all on my life that was died and was killed and was gone on. But the return of reserved resource policy and giving.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's our gas and we can't.
Speaker 3: Produce itserve it because we can't.
Speaker 6: You said you're going to reserve it and you'll bring it down to ten dollars, and I praise you greatly for that.
Speaker 2: Please understand I appraise you, Matt.
Speaker 1: I'd like it up.
Speaker 3: I can do that, no matter.
Speaker 2: I'd like you to listen instead of talking, right, I'd like you to listen because.
Speaker 6: What I said was, if you're bringing it down to ten dollars, our competitors are on five. So there's not much point in bringing it down to ten dollars if we're going to close every industry because everyone's getting it for five dollars. Now, we at reserve resource policy and we need that with aggression and with determination or it's our it's our resource that.
Speaker 9: We just got, right, don't we break down to two? Where do you get five dollars from Bob? I mean, the problem is we don't produce oil anymore. Russia produces oil, America produces oil. What they can sell gas for those cheap prices. You can't ask a company to sell something for less than the cost to produce. And the cost of production in Australia for gas is high now because we ban fracking all over the place. We don't allow oil expiration to occur, and that's why the cost production is high.
Speaker 3: Now, we'll bring it down to as low as we can, but without oil production, we're not going to get those sort of prices.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to jump.
Speaker 6: My advice is that you can produce gas in Australia for three cents a unit, not.
Speaker 3: Ten dollars, like a lot of money a unit.
Speaker 6: You put a hole in the ground and the gas comes out and cost a lot on your might be it's a bit more gets here.
Speaker 1: In a debate with breaking out. There'll be more in a second, including a question that is genuinely going to stunt these guys more than a second. Youre on Paul Murray Live. Welcome back the Mighty Seagulls Club. Here in tween Heads. We've got the Mavericks in Australian politics, Bob, Pauline Hanson and our great friend Bat Canavan here. It is a whole collection of questions from good people who watch the show, watch the channel, and want the opportunity to be here. Of course, all of you are Queenslanders. Thank you for taking the giant leap ten kilometers past the border of Queensland for est I do appreciate it. Here all right, now we've got Darren Darren, Yeah, you're probably going to redraw the barrier at some point. All right, give us an idea. What's your question?
Speaker 13: Thanks, Paul. What's something unique that sets you apart from the others? Now, he was saying, the others at this table, all other candidates. It's more fun if you say this, tak Yeah, here we go. We'll go to the rest.
Speaker 1: We all know in many ways, what sets you out Pauline.
Speaker 7: Well, I think we're all pretty much the same.
Speaker 10: Do we say what we think, and I've got the guts to say what a lot of people thinking but won't say it.
Speaker 7: But the fact is, you've got to be true to yourself.
Speaker 10: And I get fed up with a lot of these politicians that will tell the public something, do different on the floor of Parliament and there's no accountability. So people must be held to account for what they say and what they do, and I think that's very important.
Speaker 7: People don't trust politicians anymore.
Speaker 10: They're sick of all with rebel that comes out of their mouth, especially the election time, and they want people that speak the truth. Just tell us exactly the way you think, the way you're going to vote, and I think that's what people want out of their representatives.
Speaker 1: Bob, with all of that nodding, party, merger, party merger, what stands out for you? How do you stand out from one nation?
Speaker 6: And the Olympic I come out of it was called developmentalism. You know, we borrowed money to build great assets for our nation and we were very successful at it. And I'm very much driven by that same developmentalism. The greatest engineer in Australia in history, Doctor Bradfield said, take a little bit of water where it rains all the time, and the electorate I represent.
Speaker 2: One hundred of rainfall. A little tiny bit of that water, send it.
Speaker 6: Out west and we can be the greatest agricultural nation on earth. That great man built Sydney of a bridge, built Sydney's water supply, built the University of Queensland. I don't know how many things he built, and the most famous for was what he didn't built Bradfield scheme. And it was announced by Malcolm Fraser's government and the Jockie Pederson's government, and it was unannounced by the incoming labor government the next year. Sadly, so it's it's there now. As you say, what is what drives me? Stand cost up Slim Dusty describes the greatest wordsmith in the English language, and I'd agree with Slim. He said, I wonder if the ghosts of the fallen can see the crime and corruption and vast poverty. I lost generation of youth on the doll a drift on lie stations without any goal. I once had a dream, my country's so grand where the rivers are back. You're a gage of the land with jams and canals and that waste land out there and beginland cities with work everywhere. Then I went from dreaming to reality. Australia's wealth goes over the sea.
Speaker 1: Very well, Matt, what a program, Paul.
Speaker 3: You've had a bit of beer for a bit of poetry. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm loving us. Good Night Monday Night, and that's what we love it.
Speaker 3: That was wonderful from Bob.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I never thought i'd be here. You know, sometimes I do think I'm in that movie where you go. You know, you're probably wondering how I got here, And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I got here. I never really thought i'd do this.
Speaker 9: And I grew up just the road and logan, no political family, and sort of fell into things by working for different people. And so look, I've never really held it that closely. We're asked, but that closely. If it all ends tomorrow, I'd be very very happy, man. I could go back to the five kids and my wife spent all my time with them. Uh and and maybe get back to work in my golf game. And so I don't know how Donald Trump does he plays a lot of golf, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I never get to play golf, but Jewish occasional playing golf.
Speaker 9: But I think because it's a great honor to serve Queensland and represent you all or most of you hear from Queensland, and and I just try and make sure that I do everything that I can do to leave that thinking. I haven't left it on the playing field. So when I crossed the floor, and I think I might across the floor more times than Barnaby Joyce. Now I've got to tell it up when I did it. When when I did it, we voted, vated. I voted on the vaccine. Man, it's I moved the man on the vaccine. I moved the man as well.
Speaker 3: I just I think the problem is Okay, that's a good question. So one should ask that question, why don't I join one nation?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 9: Well, because the only person in the next twelve months that can control the ridiculous migration of coming to this country is Peter Dunt exact.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love you, Pauline, I love you Bobby the Great.
Speaker 9: Both wonderful institutions in our Australian political system, but neither of you can control the border that only the Prime Minister can do that with his pen and change the regulation. And I think it's ridiculous that under this government, every forty four seconds someone's arriving in this country during this program tonight, eighty people will turn up. There's no houses for them and there's no new hospitals being built for them, and we're all paying the price for that. And so the only person that can change that's Peter Dune and that's why I support him, and that's why I want to change of government in again.
Speaker 3: In three weeks.
Speaker 6: We'll get you up from Paul. It might be that I might be in a more powerful position than Peter Dutton in three weeks time.
Speaker 2: Share about that one, Matt personally.
Speaker 1: Well, let me.
Speaker 2: Let me continue.
Speaker 6: No, there's nearly half a million people coming into Australia every year. Now, you know you want some sort of integration factor, I would think, right. Do they come from democracies?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do they come from countries through law?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: They come from Christianity countries.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Do they come from countries with industrial awards?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Do they come from countries with egalitarian traditions?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I have said to Darton, just stop immigration, just stop it. And start again, please please, Now, ninety two percent of them that come.
Speaker 2: In the last twelve years, effectively.
Speaker 6: Almost all ninety two percent with the capital cities, but almost all of them went to Sydney and Melbourne. There's no jobs in Sydney Melbourne. All factories have closed down, all processing plants have gone.
Speaker 2: So what are they doing there? Are there living in little ethnic.
Speaker 6: Colonies that I think they hate us. I don't think they'll ever become Australians. So I'm just saying stop, stop and start again. Otherwise this country is going to be drowned under a flood of people that really don't have the values that we have.
Speaker 1: But a little pushback on that. I don't know the exact geography, but a couple of seats up, a couple of seats down from where you sit as an independent in the Parliament is dialegu right, a person who literally would wear the Australian flag and is a person who represents a community that has got a very significant Vietnamese community in it. So let's get to that day after the election. Let's imagine it all comes down to he needs this being the Prime minister, he needs five or he needs one. The shopping list that you've talked about before. Is an albow going to say that, yes, that know that, maybe how do you force him to do the thing he doesn't want to do as a way of getting your support.
Speaker 2: Look, I had to say this, but the Liberal leader, I won't mention his name.
Speaker 6: He agreed to a whole lot of things and really, looking back on it, he had absolutely no interest in delivering on any of those things.
Speaker 3: So you're going to pick Elbot.
Speaker 1: You know, are you talking about in this parliament in the twenty ten negotiation?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about ages ago. But really the situation in.
Speaker 6: The parliament has been reasonably close now for about a decade and I'm inclined to think that they will increase. Neither of the major parties were able to get thirty three percent last election outside of America send their constitution. But outside America, I don't know of any two party systems left very Japan doesn't have them, India doesn't have them, France doesn't have them.
Speaker 2: I mean what country on.
Speaker 6: Earth does have But you can do party system, but if it's not enough, it's outdated.
Speaker 2: And Pauline and I represent a different wave.
Speaker 1: But if you've got to pick Albo or Dunton. What's your methodology for which way you go? Is the most number of seats, the most number of votes, the bloke you like the most. Give me an idea, because if it does come down to you, you are going to be more powerful an you one in this room.
Speaker 2: I love my country Australia.
Speaker 6: I love my country Australia, and I think a few people would question that I'm very aggressive. It may be a little excessive in that, but I have been elected to serve the people of North Queensland. We are sitting there watching Brisbane give itself sixty two thousand million for an Olympic Games. When four hundred thousand of us were trapped.
Speaker 2: Trapped, we lost four lives. If it had gone on for another week, we had lost hundreds of lives. We have no way of getting out. There are thirty six.
Speaker 6: Kilometers of tunnels in Brisbane that they don't need, pleasure and leisure dunnels.
Speaker 2: We can't get one kilometer of tunnel.
Speaker 3: So my.
Speaker 6: My loyalty is to my people, and you give me the best deal. And if Matt thinks that is mob better from North Queensland, then he can confidently say I'll be back in this month.
Speaker 9: This mob have just shut down the live sheep industry, Bob. They have shut down an entire Australian farming industry. I've never it's never happened in our history. It's not getting the coverage that deserves in this election campaign. The thousands of WA farmers right now that are struggling and not knowing what to do with the.
Speaker 3: Future is because of the decision. It's government.
Speaker 9: So I don't understand how someone from North Queensland. We know the life cattle industr will be next. So that's who'll be next on the chopping block. You can even consider voting or supporting a mob that has just shut down those poor Wa farmers over there, and your own, your own producers, your own grazes could be next on the wholl.
Speaker 2: Right, what can I say that? You're one of the best blakes in there, right, your terrific. But you make a great prime minister, right, You're great.
Speaker 6: Not going to happen, Oh my god, don't come here and mislead these people. Your deputy leader, Your deputy leader is Susan lay Guess it moved for the abolition to all live animals from Australia, Susan lay and she's your deputy leader. But she did of hypocrisy here, a fairly large scale one like that.
Speaker 1: All right, I've gotta break. We'll be back in a second. We'll go to lightning round in a moment or two time. I promise you will get to you. He's got a great question too. Plenty more from Seagulls to your tweet heads. The mattericks happen. It's this on a Monday night. Welcome back. We're at Seagulls Club here in tweeentheads. We are here with the Mavericks in Australian politics, Paul in Heads and Bobcatta and Matt can Evan. All right, now we've got less than five minutes. We've got about one hundred questions but sixty second responses and only one question per person. But the crowd will choose who do you want to answer the next question? Bob, Paul Leen or Matt? One? Two, three, Nathan, what's your question and I'll decide.
Speaker 3: Okay, thinking for an easy one.
Speaker 1: If you could change, propose a referendum to change austraight in anyway big or small, what would it be? Pulleen couple of things.
Speaker 10: Well, it's hard. Freedom of speech. We need to put it into what our people. Freedom of speech for countries, which I've tried to clean and it was down by both the major political parties.
Speaker 7: I didn't get it up. I have put it up to get freedom of speech in our constitution.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, who's Matt or Bob? Who gets the next one? Matt, Matte or Bob. Well that means it's going to be Bob, because I know I know how this works. All right, Dion, where are you mate? Come on down? Quick question? One minute answer? Thanks for turning up.
Speaker 5: Guys, what would you What do you think needs to be done to stop the hamorrhaging of small business in the country?
Speaker 1: One minute, Bob Catter more minutes to go.
Speaker 6: Let me just give you one specific We have moved legislation for divestment of will Worths and Coals down to twenty percent. That will create maybe two or three thousand small businesses and give small businesses an opportunity to compete against giants that have eighty or ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Of the Australian food market.
Speaker 6: Now I can go on and give you other examples, but they all run into that sort of category. I'm from a small business, five generations a small business in Australia. And also the tax system as it works militates very badly against small businesses.
Speaker 1: All right now, Glenn, your question is for Matt. I think, all right, what is your question that what's the one thing that coalition could do right now to turn around the election steer them into a real good soulid Win, you know one minute, Matt, and you can't watching. Look.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's not time to change anything but to concentrate. And the big thing that I think most young people in particular, but everyone's worried about is what I spoke about, is the level of migration.
Speaker 3: We're the only party here.
Speaker 9: We're the only party that is going to leave well okay, sorry, the only of the two parties, the two major parties that are buying for the Prime ministership.
Speaker 3: There's going to migration.
Speaker 9: We're have me see your involvements that are going to lower They're going to lower the rate of migration if we if Peter Dutton gets in, there'll be one hundred thousand more homes available in the next few years than if Anthony. And that's what we need to deliver and that's why you need to vote for Peter.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 10: Ryan asked me to give this to you as an influencer, and she wants.
Speaker 8: You to speak.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm a very good joker. Now I have to have a lot of meetings tomorrow because we showed that product of the television. It's terrible. Thank you very much. Give him a random a flause. That's why we're a matter. Don't love your fall, don't love you the hob, don't love your mate. Oh wow, that of course is chocolate, right, yeah, good, just confirming. That's our shout for tonight. Thank you very much for what you've got. A good time tonight, plenty of times. Thank you to everyone here at Seagulls. And you know how Alva always likes to hold up his Medicare card, Well, this is my membership card to the greatest club in Australia. I've been here for twenty years and I'll be here for one hundred more, well ten more, all right, okay, I look forward to it. See ye. Thanks guys for coming out La debait. That was fun. Stuy