Speaker 1: Solutely sick plus Personify.
Speaker 2: Josseah Shelley in the studio with us Jump on the food Land Facebook live stream, Money to You, Josh, good morning, Lucia, good win on the weekend, important win too, willbe it under some pretty trying conditions weather wise. Have you ever played in a wetter or worse day for footy than that night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was definitely up there. The one that takes the case for me was under sixteens of the country game we played down in Queensland was meant to be really good conditions and it was a pure mud pit that day. And one of those games we kicked the ball and it literally gets stopped in the ground. Kick it out.
Speaker 2: So that's one. And Saturday night is in the in the top couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely in the top couple. With how wed it was, it was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Were you guys prepared? I don't. I think most people going to the game saw the forecast and most of the most of the suggestion was the worst of the rain is either going to be before the game or well after. And by surprise? Did it catch you guys by surprise?
Speaker 1: It definitely caught us from surprise. Normally we get a bit of an ink clink early in the week and Nixy and the coaches will kind of mention it's going to be more of a wet weather game and we'll play kind of this bit of style a bit more contested. But we didn't really understand how bad it was until we got there before the game.
Speaker 2: So you get there before the game, the rain's pouring down and you've got big Riley philth sitting as the sub. What were you thinking and how extraordinary was his impact coming on in that last quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was pretty pretty caen for him to get on because I was like, yes, he's just going to bring everything to the ground now, he won't be marking much because it's quite slippery. But did probably the complete opposite when he come on. He marked everything and he kick goals. He was stiff, armed, fearful. It was pretty crazy. But it was great to see him back because we know how important he was going to be for us at the start of this year and the amount of work he did getting his knee right and he's so fit and strong at the moment. To see what he was doing in the gym and on the running track is really coming to his game.
Speaker 2: Has he done nothing but lift weights last little while.
Speaker 1: It looks like that, Yes, he looks like that because he's so big and strong, But yeah, he's also he's running, still one of his weapons, and he's still really good at using that as well.
Speaker 2: Does it feel exciting for you guys in it or is it this the kind of thing that only the fans get excited about where you're playing some good food and you get some result and you're doing so with a super young side. I mean, we had Hugh Bonder, we spoke about last week Day Boo and did a terrific job on the night, Zach Taylor, Billy Dowling, guys that have played a handful of games now playing really important roles, Riley, Phil Foop coming back. Do you feel like you've got this, this exciting younger generation that's pushing to these results at the moment or does that sort of not endy your thinking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely does, especially when we had we had my draft year and Hugh and Bill's draft year. Everyone played and Max as well, so everyone still forgets how young Max is. Of course is still in his second year too, so he's the amount of young players that are playing at the name. It's a great vibe and it's exciting, and I think it still keeps the older guys like your Texas You're Brodie Smith's you lad he's still young too, because you've got so much use coming through and so much talent. But I think in the long run it's going to really help us.
Speaker 2: Do you do you then this Friday night, Friday Night you're under the lights. I mean it's the big, the big stay different loves. Friday night footy hasn't been a happy hunting ground against Eston and over there, albeit it must be. It'll be nice to get out of the rain at very least under the roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah it will. We're very, very lucky to play Essendon again. I think we kind of we owe them now with how it went last time we played them with a few incidents that went right before the sign so we'll be really fit and raring to go this week. But it's also exciting for our young players who haven't played a lot of Friday night footy too, So I think a lot about the guys like Billy and Hugh Bond and those guys who are can to experience it for the first time and experience. How cool he's playing at Marvel. I kind of I kind of compare it to an NBA game. You get to play under the lights and when a goals kicked, there's heaps of lights going on and everything's going on. So it's a bit of a different vibe, but it's quite exciting.
Speaker 2: Sound different out there as well, under the roof, like atmosphere, proud involvement.
Speaker 1: Does it feel different, Yeah, especially because it's not I think it's maybe forty thousand or whatever it is and forty fifty thousand, and it sounds very very loud because it's very compact. But it's a great day for ball movement and quick ball movement because us because you're the under the roof and they win no rain.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about this week City? We've just had a conversation about it and I've just done it. We've talked about the young kids and you know they're coming through in this exciting generation and Max and Billy and Zach and these guys. Do you feel like you're aging in dog years in footy like you're one of the young guys. Yeah, but because you played from the start. This is why we probably leave Max out of it because he too played from the start. It sort of feels like you've been around for a lot longer than you have, do you do you feel like that sometimes, like you know, it's not like I've been here for ten years, but you can sort of get treated like that.
Speaker 1: A bit, you do. I feel like, especially like some of Mysel and Jake who have played over fifty games already in their first three years, which is which is a great thing to do, but you kind of get forgotten about how you're still in your third year and you're still learning so much. And for example, Jake's having his first season ever as a midfielder and he's got to play on the likes of your Patrick Crips and your Bond and Palis and he's learning his craft. And I'm playing on some great small defenders and some backman So yeah, I feel like you do kind of you get put in that situation pretty quickly. But actually Scott Burns was saying right or yesterday that Mick Moldause when he was playing Collingwood, said, as soon as you come to the club, your your birth certificates gets torn up. Yeah, because you come in and you've got to be treated just as the same, because there's no difference if you're if you're twenty or you're thirty four years old.
Speaker 2: Let's always and maybe it goes maybe it's different player for player. That example is really interesting because there's always a debate with player development. You know, he's a better plan. A few years at so saandful level and finding your feet and getting comfortable, getting body up to scratch, all coming in round one. When you look back how you started off, was it just that where you were and who you are as a person, it was going to be okay for you. You come up and suffer the hits and the Knox and the you know, I mean that both in terms of physically and mentally, whereas that wouldn't be the same for others. Or do you think it's best to get talent in straight away?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a tough question.
Speaker 2: I mean it's going to be different person different but.
Speaker 1: Different personnel as well. For example, my roommate Luke Nane Curvis, he come in a bit of a liner frame. The last couple of years, really worked on his diet and he's put on weight and I feel like at the time he really wanted to be playing AFL because he saw myself and Jake playing, but he was grinding away in the sample. But for that it helped him in the long rue to be playing consistent footy at the moment. For others, they get maybe pushed in too early and then it's a bit harder to adapt layter down the track. But I think it really just comes down to, yeah, the how you go in pre season, how physical you are before you get drafted, which makes a big difference. But I feel like coach coaches can really help players fit into a side straight away and kind of identify their talent.
Speaker 2: Well, we look forward to seeing what you can do on Friday night a bitter conditions with someone like you with a bit of flash, bit of polish and skill kicking some goals under the roof as opposed to try and negotiating the slog that it was on Saturday night. So we look forward to seeing you out there, mate and all the best win this Friday night with that same young group, and I think people are gonna start getting a bit excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Will, Thanks Lucie, David Pemberthy and Will Goodings six to nine five Double a Breakfast