Speaker 1: On Sky Leaves Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panety Show. Coming up tonight, Anthony Alberizi under intense pressure to follow the UK's lead and increase defense spending after being snubbed again by.
Speaker 4: The US President.
Speaker 3: The panel will be with me shortly to cover the.
Speaker 4: Day's top headlines.
Speaker 3: A gay Arab activist apologizes for a sex toy scandal at Trinity Grammar. Education expert Colleen Harkin we'll be here to discuss the lgbtqia activism we're seeing in Australian schools. We'll have the latest from the US, including major food manufacturers such as Hines getting on board the Make America Healthy Again campaign and ditching artificial colorings. And later in the hour, speak to a brave woman who was sold into child marriage at just twelve years of age in Africa or the Middle East, but in Washington State and left is losing it as adults passing on their deranged hatreds to their kids. But first, let's have a look at the day's top headlines with Sky News contributor Pru McSween and sky News Digital presenter Gabriella Power Ladies. Let's start with the Prime Minister. He is under extreme pressure to follow the UK's lead in upping defense spending. After the British Prime Minister had a productive meeting with Donald Trump, he secured tariff exemptions and UCAS assurances, while as we well know, the US President snubbed our Prime minister. Pro I'll start with you, what can Anthony Albanezi do to repair the somewhat fractured relationship we have at the moment with our biggest ally.
Speaker 5: Well, you can't change history, can you, Rita when you think about what he's said about Trump in the past, and then the actions of not just Albanezi but the Foreign Minister which is just so anti Israel and really unsupportive of one of.
Speaker 4: Our well, our greatest ally.
Speaker 5: And I think this is part of Trump's deal play, you know, put him on ice, make him second guess. He's relegated to really a third tier ally now and this is very sad for Australia, but he's a his ant basically in trump'size, i'd say, and quite irrelevant. So it'll be interesting to see what Anthony Albanezi can do to redeem himself. He's called in the big guns Greg Norman and Kevin Right. Well, that hasn't worked for him, has it. So I don't know what cards he's got left to play.
Speaker 3: I don't know why gab who would be calling in Kevin Rud. I mean, I think that's one of the mistakes of this government to keep Kevin right in that position, given his track record some of the absolutely insane commentary he's had about the US President over the years. Greg Norman is one thing. I think Trump likes him, but I don't think he's going to be enough to change his attitude to Anthony ALBERESI gap no.
Speaker 6: And you just think about how embarrassing it is for Australia that we've got Anthony Alberanzi and then Kevin Rudd as our ambassador to the US when he's previously called Donald Trump a village idiot. And you know, if you look at Anthony Abernese's track record through you alluded to it as well, but he's previously trash Trump saying, you know, he scares.
Speaker 4: The s out of me.
Speaker 6: And even throughout the election campaign he was kind of using Donald Trump and the MAGA movement to kind of smean coalition and kind of falsely tying them together. I mean, it really doesn't help Australia's case. And the fact that Donald Trump canceled this meeting and didn't even tell our Prime minister and Anthony ALBERIZI had to find out through Trump's social media post. I mean, how telling is that it is a clear message that we are not a priority. And I absolutely do not blame Donald Trump for this crew As you said, Anthony Albernezi, Australia has been so anti Israel, he's been weak about defense and reluctant to boost defense spending, and now he's going to have to chase Donald Trump potentially to the NATO summit just to try and get this face to face meeting with him, try and repair relations. Not that he's tried very hard to this point to talk about UCAS and to talk about tariffs. But good luck to him. You know, Donald Trump is the most powerful person in the world and he has sent a clear message and it is so embarrassing for Australia.
Speaker 3: Now, Italian Prime Minister Georgia Maloney has been called giving a massive eye roll during a conversation with French President Emmanuel mccron.
Speaker 4: Let's have a look.
Speaker 7: They haven't turned on the microphone and sometimes you can pick something up the side convercessions.
Speaker 4: But I do love her. She has been a revelation.
Speaker 3: But Georgia Maloney's disdain for Macron is nothing new. She's given a number of speeches lambasting him. We don't know exactly what prompted that particular eye roll, but she's not a fan of the French president.
Speaker 5: Well, the french Men normally whisper sweet Nothing's what he's done is whisper nothing, probably in her ear of any relevance to her. You know, the guy is really out of step with so many in the world, in the G seven and G twenty, and Trump clearly doesn't like him. He's so woke, he's pistol whipped by his wife. Clearly no respect for him whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Now, Gab, I cannot believe some of the media coverage on this particular eye roll. We have some in the mediacluding here in Australia suggesting the eye roll was aimed at Donald Trump, who Maloney is a stauge supporter of, instead of Macron. I mean the teds in the Australian media is out of control.
Speaker 6: But Rita, are you really surprised? Of course they are pretending she's eye rolling at Donald Trump. Any excuse to blame Donald Trump and to put their teds just out there. You see it everywhere constantly. But no, unfortunately, as you say, George Maloney is a stage supporter of Donald Trump. And you look at how she's running Italy. I mean earlier this year she banned gender neutral symbols from bathrooms in public school. So she's very much aligned and absolutely eye rolling Macron. And you tell you what that vision is brilliant. I love looking at some of the comments on social media. Everyone is supporting her as she's eye rolling mcron. But it wasn't a good day for Emmanuel mccron. He took it upon himself to claim that Trump was leaving the D seven to broke a cease fire deal between Israel and Iran, and Trump quickly put him back in his place, saying that Emmanuel Macron is wrong once again. He always gets it wrong, whether he knows it or not.
Speaker 4: In your so called him.
Speaker 6: But publicity is seeking Emmanuel Macron, So wasn't a good day for him?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, Well, let's talk about the Israel Iran conflict prisident. Trump has issued a warning to Iran. Here, he wrote on truth Social we know exactly whether so called Supreme Leader is hiding. He is an easy target, but is safe there. We are not going to take him out kill, at least.
Speaker 4: Not for now, prove.
Speaker 3: Many of Trump's supporters, it's got to be said, want the US to stay out of this conflict. But Donald Trump has been consistent in wanting an end to Iran's nuclear ambitions. This is not a new position that is taken.
Speaker 4: No, it isn't.
Speaker 5: Although a lot of the mega people don't want America to have any more wars and believe that Trump has sort of pledged that. But the point is they have to finish the job. It's a threat not just to Israel but the Western world if Iran has a nuclear bomb. And I think that what's annoying to me a little bit and confusing about Trump, with his stance with Putin and now with this.
Speaker 4: Gab that would be quite an escalation.
Speaker 3: I think America is quite happy for Israel to be leading this, and they've given Iran plenty of warnings that if any American targets are heat or even targeted in any way, then America is going to enter this battle in a far more meaningful way.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and President Trump has been consistent and upfront about this. And as a matter of fact, is Iran cannot have nuclear weapons. There are reports coming out of the us IS that the United States is considering joining Israel in striking Iran's nuclear sites. And we know that Trump is obviously issuing that warning to Iran, saying he knows exactly where Iran Supreme leader is hiding, and he's warned residents in Tehran to evacuate. So we're seeing those images of just thousands of thousands of people evacuating Tehran now. And it's also interesting Iran has banned government officials now from using mobile phones out of concerns that that is how Israelis have been able to track and target them, and around officials have also told their citizens to remove WhatsApp from their phones. As we know, Israel just has pretty amazing intelligence, but it really appears to be escalating, and it appears that it is really at this critical point. We do know that Trump and Benjamin Etnya, who spoke on the own yesterday, but we don't exactly know what's come out of that call at this stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll have plenty more on that issue after the break in our US segment. But to up some local issues, a heated altercation at an upscale restaurant in Melbourne has gone viral where the chef and owner of Carlton's Caprika Pietro Barba Gello, he kind of lost it here with a group of diners who were complaining about their pasta being too spicy and filming some content.
Speaker 4: Have a look what you're doing, you get.
Speaker 9: Prue.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's a lefty, but he certainly lost it there. I meaning, you can't be pulling the table cloth and everything on top of it out just because people are complaining about your spicy pasta.
Speaker 5: Well, we know that a lot of chefs are temperamental, but this is a step too far. Reminds me of the Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: I have a bit of an I don't know, Gab, this is.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: I think I think I'm going to be with you on this one. Gap because it is his restaurant. Is not only the head chef, he owns the restaurant, and Gab, I reckon people are going to actually just flock to this restaurant even more, seeing that dinner with a.
Speaker 6: Show publicity is good publicity.
Speaker 4: I think it's going viral.
Speaker 6: Even the United States networks have picked this story up. But I have a bit of sympathy for this restaurant owner. He's in Melbourne, so he probably still has some trauma from living under the Dracronian lockdown laws of course because of for years. So it's really not his fault that he has anger management issues. And who complains about pasta being too spicy? Surely everyone loves spicy pasta, so you know, he's made it a lovely meal, and you've got some brats, whether they're teenagers or young adults, coming in trying to get some viral intent for that tiktoks. You know, I feel a little bit sorry of him. Maybe he took it too far, but I think you're right, reader. I think he's going to find that people will be flocking to his restaurant.
Speaker 5: What happened to the customers always right, that's clearly gone by the way.
Speaker 3: So well, yeah, I mean, papasta can be too spicy, you can go crazy with the chili.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that particular dish was, but come on.
Speaker 3: Now before you two go, I've got to get a very quick take ten seconds each on Meghan Markle, who's broken her silence on that infamous twerking video. We all saw her heavily pregnant twerking.
Speaker 4: She posted it on Instagram and.
Speaker 3: Got us, I think, a backlash she wasn't expecting.
Speaker 4: Here's what she has had to say about the video.
Speaker 10: It's also a really great reminder that with all the noise or whatever people do, they're still a whole leafe, a real authentic fun leaf that's happening behind the scenes. I'm just grateful that now being back on social as well, I have a please break and share it on my own terms.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, but that was anything but authentic as far as I was concerned.
Speaker 6: It's just so funny that she's so happy that she can get back on Instagram and post videos like her twerking while she's about to give birth, as opposed to being a working role because now she has the freedom to post as much on social media as she likes. But Rita, she needs to stop saying that she's so authentic. The more she says that, the less people believe.
Speaker 3: It and pro I don't have long but I thought they fled the UK to protect their privacy.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I mean, she hasn't gotten an authentic like life, so I guess this is her one attempt of trying to be authentic. But it's pretty pathetic when you're sharing such an intimate moments that, well, then there's something seriously wrong with you.
Speaker 3: Gabriella Power, Pru mcsweet vegg, you so much. The Queer Palestinian activist embroiled in an obscene video scandal at Trinity Grammar, declined to answer questions when approached by reporters from the Australian newspaper, I.
Speaker 4: Have any statement about the incident actuality. Do you feel like you were locked down by the school all by the pricings? Do you think it might have been in a reaction.
Speaker 3: That's Basom Kerbarge, the founder of activist group Queer Arab Australia. He has issued a statement apologizing for the incident. He said, I would like to extend my deepest, heartfelt apologies to everyone impacted by any of the content found on my personal social media. Joining me now for more on this is a research fellow and director of the Institute of Public Affairs Schools Program, Colleen Hark and Colleen not every day we have headlines about gay Arab activists saying.
Speaker 4: Sorry for elite school dildo scandal.
Speaker 3: This is not a headline I was expecting in twenty twenty five, But here we are.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 13: And unfortunately, it's sort of a part of a pattern of radical ideology that's been presented in schools that parents don't know anything about. They sort of rightly send their children off to school expecting that age appropriate material will be presented to them during the day, and then they find out later, after the damage has already been done, that their children have been exposed to informational content that's extremely inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Now Trinity Boys' Grammar School has explained that the speaker was recommended by the taxpayer funded Victorian Pride Center. Why is this sort of activism in the schools in the first place. Why do we have these taxpayer funded bodies pushing this sort of agenda to learning institutions.
Speaker 4: What's this got to do with schooling?
Speaker 13: Well, and it's also a doubling of deprivation of duty by both organizations. So the Prime Center, as you say, it's a tax funded organization, and it says that it vet's its speakers, which clearly it didn't. It takes two seconds to do a social media check on the speaker and his digital footprint, and the school of outsource their responsibility to the Pride Center. So in both cases it's completely inappropriate and it has no place in the school agenda. This business about.
Speaker 4: Isolated, is it? Because my son just finished high.
Speaker 3: School last year and these days were so frequent.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just one day.
Speaker 3: You might have one day where they talk about ANZAC Day or Australia Day, but these LGBTQ days, there's multiple.
Speaker 4: We are right, I mean, but they've got where at Purple.
Speaker 3: There's this, there's that, there's so trans day visibility.
Speaker 13: They're using schools as a pipeline for activism and it's completely inappropriate. The speaker also wore a kefia, so you know they sort of say it's politically by partisan or whatever the convience that whatever, Pride sort of said, but you know it's it's device in the school environment. I mean, these sort of scenarios where they're treating schools as places to promote activism and identity politics is unfortunately very common in the school place.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that activist wearing a kafir talked at all about the treatment of gay men in places like Gaza or other parts of the Middle East where there is actual, real oppression of the LGBT community.
Speaker 4: And we've got a note here.
Speaker 3: This is an elite boys school, an elite Anglican school. I mean, does that play no part because there's a lot a lot of parents who send their kids along to Christian schools or Catholic schools expecting them to be protected from this sort of activism, But some of the Anglican schools are the worst offenders.
Speaker 13: Well, unfortunately it is in all schools. Because this issue of sort of inclusiveness and sustainability is in the national curriculum. You would think that parents and in their children to a school, an Anglican school, have a right to not be exposed to this material. But I would argue that no school, no school children ought to be exposed to this. It is an agenda that's inappropriate in the schools, and schools need to be focused on core academic achievement, not sort of introducing children into all of this ideology that has no place. They're too young. It's inappropriate and it's not the school's job to do this.
Speaker 3: And they will say this is all in the name of tolerance and inclusion, but really this is political. It's deeply political, and this movement is deeply political.
Speaker 13: It's also divisive because the parents who are sending their children to this Anglican school clearly have made decisions about their famili's values, and their values are being ignored.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Colleen Harken, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 4: No problem still to come. Lefties losing it?
Speaker 3: Plus the latest from the US, including major food manufacturers getting on board the Make America Healthy Again campaign.
Speaker 4: Tina McQueen has the detail.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Reader Panny Show, and it's time for left is losing it. Okay, folks, get ready to lose some brain cells. Listen to this chat between Bill Maher and Marxist more on Sean Pen you know the dude who cozes up to socialist dictators, real dictators. Listen here as he accuses Donald Trump of negligent homicide, mass negligent homicide for ending the waste and fraud of US AID.
Speaker 8: He's already been the end of hundreds of thousands of worlds I'm talking about USAA. Yeah, yeah, that's negligent homicide in any sober world, that's negligent. Her miside.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, this man is dumber than a box of rocks, slightly less useful. Even lifty Bill Maher had to call him out.
Speaker 8: Really, you meet with I don't think and Goshavez, but not the president of the United States.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I saw good results come out of some of those things. In terms of it generalates that I had. I don't think that there's anything that I would I just personally wouldn't trust anything that was said in the room, including the personality. Yeah, but you could have told more truth, or you could have told less truth. I told him a lot of truth. I told everything. I would have enjoyed a little more brevity on that. But I absolutely understand that it's just emotional. You were just triggered. It's possible, it's possible, it's true that. But I reason this particular president triggers me rather often. Exactly, he makes people crazy.
Speaker 12: He's not making me grazy.
Speaker 3: Now, a little reminder of the sort of crazy crap that Hollywood has been. Sean Penn has speared about Donald Trump in recent months.
Speaker 14: And I do think it's a reasonable theory that Donald Trump is not unlike the spouse of someone who leaves him, perhaps for another, who then murders their former partner because if they can't have her, nobody can. And I think Donald Trump and his soleb sysm may have that relationship with the world, and that this destruction is in part a power play and also a literal intention of his final out.
Speaker 4: You think he'll try to stay on.
Speaker 14: I think he might try to destroy the world by the before he before he ages.
Speaker 4: Out of life Waco.
Speaker 3: And this from the man who cooses up to brutal dictators, real ones like Hugo Chavez. This is what Sean Penn had to say about meeting Hugo Chavez.
Speaker 14: I who wish him nothing but that great strength he has shown over and over again.
Speaker 15: It is only possible to be so inspiring as he.
Speaker 4: Is told Jesus as dumb as a box of rocks.
Speaker 3: As for Bill Maher, I think conservatives have a bad case of the bigotry of low expectations. When it comes to Mark we praise him wildly for repeating things conservatives have been saying for years, but never forget he was part of the Trump deranged media that did everything in its power to push catastrophos conspiracy theories to try.
Speaker 4: To get Kamala over the line.
Speaker 3: But Bill Maher is at least occasionally clever and funny, more than you can say about the dim witted, painfully unfunny Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 9: Then in August, you're going to be playing Jesus in Jesus Prices.
Speaker 11: At the Hollywood Boys.
Speaker 12: I am at the Hollywood Boy.
Speaker 9: And first woman to play Jesus in a major production, long overdue.
Speaker 4: I've said for years I'd love to see a woman in.
Speaker 3: That bart What an odd thing for a practicing Catholic to say.
Speaker 4: Now, if you want to see what makes anti Trumps are.
Speaker 3: So worked up, so perpetually outraged.
Speaker 4: Well don't ask these guys.
Speaker 16: So yeah, why is that?
Speaker 8: I don't know, He's just we don't like him.
Speaker 9: That's the word around here.
Speaker 8: Any any particular reason why you don't like.
Speaker 17: Him, No clue at all.
Speaker 12: I'm just going with everybody else saying it.
Speaker 18: Would you say any immigration laws an unjust LNG.
Speaker 1: I'm for open borders, man, No people are illegal anyway, this is all our planet.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from this leftist lady, a classic awful awfl affluent white female liberals.
Speaker 4: They're a scourge.
Speaker 3: Here she explains what has got her and her friends so angry.
Speaker 17: So I'm in my beautiful city, LA and they have friends texting me like all morning, my gardner didn't show up, my housekeeper.
Speaker 4: Didn't show up.
Speaker 17: Oh my farmer's market was closed. Everyone's scared. Well, this is not going to just happen in LA. And you one prisoners that only voted for Trump because of money. Guess what You're gonna have to do your own dishes or clean your own house from all your own lawn.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're going to lose their illegal cheap labor. Maybe you can pay real wages to people in.
Speaker 4: The country legally.
Speaker 3: Do they really think their love of modern day slave labor is a winning argument? And the one percent overwhelmingly voted for the Democrats, showing again that the left are unhinged with hate and violence. Here are some TEDS sufferers setting up a mini guillotine to behead Trump. And here are parents encouraging their kids to behave like hate filled TEDS sufferers a.
Speaker 6: Little.
Speaker 3: Here is a proud mom with a septum ring. The septum rings are like a modern day warning system.
Speaker 4: You see one and you know you're about.
Speaker 3: To be assailed with nonsense.
Speaker 15: My husband and my son, my seven year old son, just walk out the door to go to a note King's protest and I'm staying home because my other son does not feel well. And as they were walking out the door.
Speaker 12: I said, thank you for being so brief and going and doing this. And my son looked at me and said, will it change things? And I hope so? Body.
Speaker 3: No, sorry, it won't change anything. It will not change anything. Now here's another jokead and agiech Anti Ice anti America really rally. He's asked a simple question about why didn't he care when it was Obama deporting millions of people?
Speaker 2: Did you vote for Obama and Biden?
Speaker 18: I did?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: How do you feel about their deportations being day back?
Speaker 2: They actually deported more people than the Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Uh, that's a good question because I really wasn't paying attention at that point, So I don't really I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I can't really say at least that one's honest. You've got to give him that.
Speaker 3: Now, this next woman is a hero, an American hero doing God's work.
Speaker 4: Bless your ma'am.
Speaker 19: Look, this's got to catch up for the rest of them.
Speaker 4: Got a sign ready, already.
Speaker 18: Good?
Speaker 19: Another privileged staff white man. Look, another privileged heaff white man who wants illegal illegal especially illegal criminals in the Oh, look at a party deal what no man bond didn't have time of your hair up?
Speaker 4: Sweety mother, mother.
Speaker 3: Now let's hear from elin Omar, a woman who seemingly loads the country that gave her refuge. Here she claims that free democratic America is one of the worst places on earth.
Speaker 20: I grew up in a dictatorship, and I don't even remember ever witnessing anything like that, to have a democracy, a peacan of hope for the world to now be turned into one of the you know, one of the worst countries where the military are in our streets.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Sky News contributor Tina McQueen. Tina is elin Omar Wright, is America becoming one of the worst countries on earth with a dictatorship, worse than that scene in third world countries.
Speaker 11: Oh, she's an absolute joke reader. Honestly, she says, it's such an impressive country to live in. Yet you know, she's a senator. She has all the luxuries and privilege of that high office. It's unbelievable. She does nothing but winge and complain the whole time. I don't know how she gets voted in. Continue to be honest, she's an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 3: Well, if you look at the place that keeps electing her, you'll get an idea why she keeps getting re elected. Now, President Trump was elected on an America First agenda, and that included no foreign wars that don't serve America's interest. Have a listened to this argument between Tucker Carlson and Senator Ted Kruz.
Speaker 4: Tucker Caston is certainly.
Speaker 3: In the group who do not want to see America involved in any sort of foreign conflict, particularly in Iran, But this argument got very fiery.
Speaker 9: How many people living around?
Speaker 7: By the way, I don't know the population at all. No, I don't know the population.
Speaker 9: You don't know the population of the country. You seek to topple.
Speaker 21: How many people living around ninety two million?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how could you not know that? I don't sit around memorizing population tables.
Speaker 9: Well, it's kind of relevant because you're calling for the overthrow of the government.
Speaker 7: Why is it relevant whether it will because ninety million or eighty million or a hundred million.
Speaker 21: Why because if you don't know anything about the country, I didn't say I don't know anything about Okay, what's the ethnic mix of I wrong? They are Persians and well predominantly Shia. Okay, you don't know anything about Iran.
Speaker 7: So okay, I'm not the Tucker Carlson mixus bird on Iran.
Speaker 9: You're a center who's calling there the one government, the one about the country.
Speaker 7: No, you don't know anything about the country. You're the one who claims they're not trying to murder Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 7: Who can't figure out General Solamoni And you said they're trying to murder Trump?
Speaker 9: Yes, because you're not calling for military strikes against them in retaliation.
Speaker 7: And if they really believe that carrying out military strikes today? Who said Israel was right with our hell? I said we Israel is leading them, but we're supporting them.
Speaker 9: Well, this you're breaking news here because the US government last night denied the Nationalist Curity Council Spokesmanlex Favor denied on behalf of Trump that we were acting on Israel's behalf in any offensive capacity.
Speaker 7: We're not bombing, then Israel's bombing.
Speaker 4: Them, Tina.
Speaker 3: What Americans need to understand is that the Iranian regime's ultimate ambition is not the annihilation of just Israel, but of what they call the Great Satan America. I remember when I was a kid in Tehran in school, chanting death to America every morning. That is their agenda, and Trump's efforts in ending the regimes nuclear ambition is an America first position.
Speaker 4: But so many on the right don't see it that way.
Speaker 11: No, You're exactly right, reader. Look at Trump America first. He's sticking to the agenda he's always said he would. The main thing is that Iran cannot possibly have any access to nuclear to any sort of nuclear arms. You know, Trump isn't trying to overthrow the regime. Naturally, we'd all love to see the regime overthrown, but this is Israel's attack. Trump is doing everything he can for peace, and actually he's keeping everyone guessing. No one knows what his next move is going to be is going to be, but certainly he won't want his troops going in. He'll certainly support Israel, which, of course Tucker has really turned on Israel, so that may be the cause of his angst in that interview and his frustration.
Speaker 3: But do you see this, though, as a massive risk to the Trump agenda in fracturing his supporter base or is it just a few loud voices who are really behind this campaign against any sort of involvement with America with this Iranian Israeli conflict.
Speaker 4: I mean, so far, really.
Speaker 3: Israel has led the charge and the Americans have said that we stand by them. We haven't seen any strikes from America yet.
Speaker 11: That's right, America hasn't done anything other than support Israel and you know state the fact they don't want any in nuclear arms.
Speaker 4: Look, it's a.
Speaker 11: Few very loud voices. In the end, I think the Americans that voted for Trump and his popularity is still strong for second term president better than Obama or Bush. I think they'll stand by him and trusting him, and that's what they have to do because ultimately he'll do what's right for America.
Speaker 3: And there are some loud voices who supported Donald Trump who now want to see him impeach. They're not many, but they are loud, like comedian Dave Smith, who, by the way, has been calling for Trump to be impeached in prison for years. He supported Trump for all of five minutes, and he's back to wanting him impeached.
Speaker 4: I would be very happy.
Speaker 2: To see Donald Trump impeached for the illegal, immoral, borderline war of genocide that he's been helping the Saudi's conduct in Yemen. Even grading on a curve, he is a war criminal who deserves to be tried and buried under the prison, just right alongside Barack Obama and George W. Bush and John McCain and all the rest of them. Let me just say this real quick. Donald Trump should be in a prison for war crimes, for what he did to the people of Yemen. How's that for taking on the right. Don't you're just defending your democratic president. I actually stand.
Speaker 1: On principle lockdowns and keeping fauci on the job, and Yemen and Israel and Iran, and there's just like the government spending and there's just a lot of them that it's like I just kind of can't forgive him for But I think I might vote for Trump.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Donald Trump looks and man, I supported him this last year. I apologized for doing so. It was a bad calculation. At the time, it seemed like the right one. But he should be impeached and removed for this one.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has campaigned on stopping the Iranian regime getting their grubby hands on nukes for years.
Speaker 22: Don't let Iran have nuclear weapons. That's my only thing I have to tell you today. Don't let them have it. They would have never had them, including around we would have They can't have a nuclear weapon. That's so, they can't have nuclear weapons. It's too too destructive, too powerful. They can't have it. But I wanted to make a deal with them, no nuclear weapons.
Speaker 9: You can't have nuclear weapons.
Speaker 3: So now I've got another sixteen minutes of vision of Donald Trump saying that.
Speaker 4: Over the years, just.
Speaker 3: Hundreds of times he has had this, has said this publicly, that he doesn't want to see the Iranian regime get nukes. That can't get nukes. It would be disastrous for the world. And yet it seems like his position at the moment is being treated as some backflip when it's always been what he is campaigned on.
Speaker 11: It's always been the case, you know. So the nuclear threat is not only to Israel, as you said, Rita, it's the whole, the whole of the Western world. So he's been very consistent, consistent on this, and I think it's you know, he's been right to do so.
Speaker 3: Now let's go to the New York Post reporting that border patrol agents didn't release a single migrant into the US last month, a staggering drop after the Biden administration allowed sixty two thousand illegal immigrants crosses into the country in May twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: So just you can't get much better than that. A dropped to.
Speaker 3: Zero within a year, and it just shows Tina that everything the political pundits that activists told us was untrue. They said there were push factors behind this, there was nothing the Biden administration could do. When really, as soon as you took the sugar off the table and you in for some tough, tough policies, the flood of illegal immigrants stopped.
Speaker 11: Unbelievable, a nine percent drop since May May twenty four, So different to what the Biden administration, who actively encouraged these in illegal immigrants. It was always, oh, don't worry about going through legal channels, come in the easy way. It's insane and Donald Trump and his administration should be given great credit for this. It's saving the country a fortune. And not to mention for you know, keeping those dangerous illegal a lot of them out of the country.
Speaker 4: Well that was the issue, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: When you've got literally millions crossing illegally every single year unvetted amongst them, you're going to have people who are not good people. And they released the figures in recent years just a disturbing number of killers, rapists, all sorts of criminals who were able to walk freely in the US.
Speaker 11: And not to mention those sanctuary cities though, are giving accommodation, phones, credit cards, all sorts of things that veterans and homeless Americans never had access to.
Speaker 12: RITA.
Speaker 3: Now, this is another win for the MAHA movement Make America healthy again.
Speaker 4: Craft Hinds has announced that.
Speaker 3: It will remove artificial food dyes from its products within the next two years, and another major manufacturer, General.
Speaker 4: Mills, announced a similar measure.
Speaker 3: They've pledged to remove artificial colors from its full US retail portfolio by the end of twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Good news for the US, But I wonder if.
Speaker 3: We're consuming some of these artificial colorings.
Speaker 4: Teita right here in Australia. But this is really what RFK.
Speaker 3: Junior has been on about to get some of these ultra processed foods to be a little bit more healthy for the human body.
Speaker 11: Well, what a great appointment are of Kenny turned out to be. He's doing what's right, particularly for children. I mean, the obesity rates amongst children adolescents in America is just disgraceful and he's embarrassed by that and he wants to make America healthy again. These are the right steps and if he continues down this path, he will turn around the health crisis America does have at the moment.
Speaker 3: Rita and to have two major food manufacturers on the same day make this announcement, Tina, I think is really quite significant. How important is the MAHA movement to the overall Trump agenda because it seems to be the one part of his agenda that has got supporters from all sorts of backgrounds. You've got a lot of people who may identify as left leaning who understand what RFK Junior is trying to achieve here.
Speaker 11: Well, I think the Kennedy name has a lot of pull. He's obviously a man of integrity. He's been dedicated to this for many of years, and he always looks back to the presidency of his uncle, where health and fitness was high on the agenda. He wants to bring those days back and again it's the right move, Reater, but he does unite everyone from across the board, across the political spectrum.
Speaker 3: Tina, before you go, Australia's relationship with the US is somewhat fractured right now. Who would you suggest we send in to try to heal the relationship?
Speaker 4: But I think Kevin runs the man for the job. Who is your pick?
Speaker 11: No, I don't think he is. Look there's a number of eminent Australians that could fit that bill and also the former ambassador to America. I think he would do a great job, Gina, Reinhardt is a great relation, a relationship with the administration. Any one of those would be better than Kevin Rudd. But it's certainly fractured at the at RITA.
Speaker 3: It certainly is, and Kevin Rud just cannot stay.
Speaker 4: In that role.
Speaker 3: That relationship is too important.
Speaker 4: Tina McQueen, thank you so much for your time today.
Speaker 11: Thanks reata still to come.
Speaker 3: I speak to a woman who was sold into child marriage at just twelve years of age, not in Africa or the Middle East, but in Washington State. Kate Yang joins me. Next, welcome back. My next guess is someone who has experienced the horrors of child marriage. Kate Yang was sold into an abusive child marriage for six thousand dollars in her home state of Washington by her family, which was just twelve years old, something that is not uncommon in the indigenous culture of the mun An ethnic group from Southeast Asia.
Speaker 4: Kate joins me.
Speaker 3: Now, Kate, thank you so much for your time tonight. Tell me about how you came to be sold into an abusive marriage at just twelve years of age and how something like this could happen in Washington State.
Speaker 18: Well, the thing is that in Washington State and a lot of Theeds, actually there's not lost protect children from being sold into child marriages. From my situation, I actually grew up in Fresno, California. When I was at the age of eleven, my family had me moved to Washington to live with relatives. And then when I moved to Washington, I was only at the age of eleven and I was living with an aunt and an uncle, and my aunt was actually the one who found me the child marriage and crushed me into it and forced me into the child marriage.
Speaker 4: You were not only a child bride.
Speaker 3: Your childhood just seems to be such a horrific experience.
Speaker 4: You were also essentially a child's slave.
Speaker 3: Tell me about what you were forced to do to pay off your parents' debt.
Speaker 18: Yes, So, basically, when I was given less than twenty four notice that I was moving to Washington, and then my mother shared with me that like, I had to come live with my unt uncle because I had to pay off a debt. Because when I was a child, my mom was a single mother, and in my culture, a husband can have more than one wife, and daughters are just meant to be sold off for a dowry. And unless you're a son, then you carry the last name and you are treated differently by the family and the community, and you're kind of put on a pedestal if you're a son. And so when I moved to Washington to live with my aunt and uncle, my mom told me I had to pay a debt because when my mom was single, my aunt uncle had to help my mom raise us, and so therefore I had to return the debt by helping my aunt and my uncle with their children, raising their five kids under the age of six, and so moving to Washington was extremely difficult. Taking on that huge responsibility. Being away from my mother was extremely difficult. I had a very rough childhood, so I really didn't know what to do with what to do with the situation. And also during that time, it's very scary because you're a child and you don't know and you're in a new environment. You don't know who you can trust, especially when you've endured a lot of abuse growing up and also seeing your mother being abused by your father as well. You know, that's something I had to live through. After my wedding, my mother in law on my first day of school, right she told me, she said that if I go to school, I'm not allowed to talk about my child marriage to anybody. She my mother in law, told me that if I was to share this news with anybody, then my mother would be arrested by the police and my sisters would be taken by the CPS and I would never see them again. So if you just think about the mindset of a child at the age of twelve, I just barely turned twelve because my birthday's in October, so my wedding was in February, right, so I just turned twelve, and so I had all this fear that if I spoke about it, then I would be my problems would come to my mother and my siblings, and I would never see them again. So I kept my silence to protect my family, and so I stayed and so ever since, ever since my mother in law said that to me, I was just so frightened, you know, I didn't know what would happen to me or who would take care of me, and so it was very scary time in my life, and I did my best to work through it, but it was extremely challenging. And because my in laws had a farm, I was forced to work on a farm as well as a child's I call it child slave. Because I didn't have the right, you know, to resist or not write. I had to live a double life, meaning that I'd go to seventh grade and pretend that I'm a normal seventh grader. The school allowed me to be enrolled using his parents as my parents. You know, I would call his parents mom and dad. His parents were on my registration when they enrolled me into middle school in Carnationian Washington in Washington, you know, and so nobody asked any questions at all. And I think a lot of it too, is that Americans or other I would say other people are afraid to ask some times because they don't want to be rude. But I feel like in this now that we know, my whole purpose behind this is that I would like people to ask more questions because a lot of times these children are subjected to child bride or slavery. And if you don't ask questions, how would you know how to help them or how would you know that they actually are an abuse the situation and they need help, right Yeah, So that's one thing that.
Speaker 3: You know, this is an issue in the community you come from, and the other girls who are in the same situation right now.
Speaker 4: How do you encourage them to seek help?
Speaker 3: Because you've got all those threats hanging over your head, all those fees, years of everything you experienced, and have you talked with lawmakers to try to change the laws to make it easier for these girls just escape these abusive relationships?
Speaker 18: Well, by advice to anybody who is a victim and survivor who needs help would be to reach out. The whole purpose of my advocacy work is to let survivors know that I've been there, and I've been through it, and I've survived. I'm here and calling I'm essentially calling out to them, letting them know that help is here and please don't be a free to come forward. Reach out to myself on my social media account or Unching that Last. Unching that Last is actually a nonprofit organization that I work with. They're Unctioning at Last and also is on her.
Speaker 3: You're doing incredible work, Kate. By just speaking out the advocacy you're doing, I'm sure you're going to be saving many other girls from the terrible faith that you experience for eleven years.
Speaker 4: You were eleven years in that marriage.
Speaker 3: Kate Yang, thank you so much for your time tonight, and that's it from me.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere. Newsnight is up next.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow night