Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to our podcast.
Speaker 2: Lastly with the intro, Hell, welcome to Laurence Podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh she's the boss. She's a boss every day. Honest, how are we all?
Speaker 2: She's like a boss in disguise.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Apologies for being in my on podcast?
Speaker 1: Yes we were away, Yeah we were in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Oh we were too, Yeah we were.
Speaker 3: Well that was on Monday.
Speaker 2: Jace is about television.
Speaker 1: We did, did you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We did?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I was here till ten to twelve and I had a midday appointment. I had to leave and then did you do one?
Speaker 5: After we did a quick Podata came out of his meeting, came back and then we came in and who quick quick ten.
Speaker 1: So Jace isn't here today. He's off doing something else, doing the Today Show. Cut tune in on the Today Extra. Yeah, I'm hoping he gets on Blinda Russell's TikTok at some point. He's talking today about Donald Trump's dancing? Is he who saw it?
Speaker 2: I saw it?
Speaker 3: A new is a new Trump dancing?
Speaker 2: So he was doing a town hall in Pennsylvan.
Speaker 5: That's the move jazz.
Speaker 2: He's doing a town hall in Pennsylvania, which is effectively, Well, they were Republican voters, and he took five questions and then decided that was enough and they'd play music.
Speaker 1: Play the playlist thirty.
Speaker 2: Nine minutes of dancing's starting with Maria a little bit of Harleolujah.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 3: So it was all religious and anybody goes play the y m C.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, that's the.
Speaker 3: Play he's before one of his classics.
Speaker 2: Played a bit of John Denver?
Speaker 1: Did he what a John Denver song?
Speaker 4: Did he do?
Speaker 7: Clint countrys?
Speaker 2: No, wasn't that man?
Speaker 3: Surely he did a chaparone how to go? He pH oh t t oh deal?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I like the song?
Speaker 3: I haven't say h oh t t oh that.
Speaker 2: Show T G O G. That's it.
Speaker 7: That's G would be there anyway. Anyway, I'm doing a G right now.
Speaker 3: She did, she played, She played Dublin recently. She played in Dublin recently. And I saw the like stories from the concert and the whole crowd do that. It's like it's like it's like the modern day y m c A. They all do it in Unison, and I.
Speaker 1: Got modern day y m c A.
Speaker 3: Isn't just in terms of like the move the moves.
Speaker 7: I give it six months.
Speaker 6: H oh.
Speaker 3: And I also got targeted with a video recently of I think it's like a cult choir thing in America, And the most recent one they did was Chapelone and they all it's like it's like an a cappella version of it. They all they all have the lyrics, but they're all walking around like mindlessly in this big warehouse and like just singing a cappella. It was quite captivating. Oh, it's quite captivating.
Speaker 1: You're right, Clinty.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that went down the wrong hole. You know what? It goes in the wrong hole.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about it.
Speaker 2: What did wrong hole? Wrong day? No? No, not sure.
Speaker 5: I like the Chapelone.
Speaker 7: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 7: I don't like that her name is It looks like it should be pronounced like Dave Chappelle, like but.
Speaker 3: Chapel Chappelle Roman.
Speaker 2: Someone name dropped you yesterday in the wild, Jim, and they name dropped you was he was an Irish friend.
Speaker 3: Of yours male and female male? Okay, Ross, Ross, we know he's not Irish.
Speaker 2: What is it Scottish? Scottish? What's close enough?
Speaker 3: It's pretty close.
Speaker 2: It's pretty close the same region.
Speaker 3: Is Ross is a great man. He's a very funny Scottish man.
Speaker 2: Very funny, Veryish Scottish man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never actually had an Irish friend. Now I've got an Irish friend cross that off on bingo card.
Speaker 1: Many Irish friends, but not like fresh off the boat Irish.
Speaker 2: With the accent strained friend until now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I don't have any other laid friends.
Speaker 2: Alaidelaide say it a bit like Queensland are saying pearl cool school.
Speaker 1: I'm married to one of those.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird? I say, castle maney cattle. What Castle made was actually.
Speaker 1: On the hill.
Speaker 2: There were a thousand.
Speaker 1: Other words.
Speaker 3: The cloud I like to go in my is it's another Donald Trumps playlist.
Speaker 1: For me to.
Speaker 2: Or was it?
Speaker 1: There's lots of food for me that was from Oliver?
Speaker 5: Wasn't its like me did?
Speaker 2: Like an empty table, empty chairs and my friends a future.
Speaker 1: Do you hear the people sing singing the songs of angry men?
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 1: Music of people who will not be slaves again. When the beating of your heart it's echoes I played in the hospital.
Speaker 2: You on my monsieur Marius, I don't feel we did hairspring hardly.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, that's all to know. It's a jewet and you will keep me say and you will keep me warm and rain make the bards cross.
Speaker 3: Well, we did it. We did a content piece.
Speaker 2: We do lamies well.
Speaker 3: Last year on the other station, we did a whole content piece where we got laws on stage.
Speaker 1: I wanted to sing, said, I am not singing. I only want to sing.
Speaker 2: Well. I think we spoken about bumping into some of the ghosts of our past the other night on the podcast we we won't name anything.
Speaker 1: I got an apology textra one brush you. I didn't mean give us some I didn't see you.
Speaker 5: I saw an old boss that I used to have it in other stage years ago.
Speaker 1: It was probably a bit rough on him walking.
Speaker 5: And you said, oh, I didn't think you make it this far old girl that I used to work with ing now I can't do a name, but works at one of the other stations. And it was a little bit in jest, but I was like, there's a bit of treue.
Speaker 1: That's probably.
Speaker 5: It was a surprise to us.
Speaker 1: All, okay, everyone can hear you yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, I genuinely miss you're doing wealth yourself, have you?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, she said hi? She like said hi, like we didn't know who each other was. I see and I'd say, hi, I'm Laurence. So nice to meet eighty six thousand times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mm hmm. There's a few land mines in that room. Do you know? There were more land mine in the lobby than they were in the room because I.
Speaker 1: Didn't move from tape because everyone in case, everyone left went around.
Speaker 3: Left the events space and then just like stopped when they got outside the door between the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Because where I got stopped by sweetheart, Sweetheart, it was outside the toilets, and he fucking stopped me and I had nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: I said, I loved to him.
Speaker 2: My arms are pinned like you clamped me.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: And then he told me about his weight loss journey. And can I tell you what he looked exactly?
Speaker 1: He's not listening to me working out.
Speaker 3: Oh he was inspired by man's health.
Speaker 2: He did what he said.
Speaker 1: I want to be like you, like Clint.
Speaker 2: If I could be like Clint anyway, too many I don't want to go there.
Speaker 5: Ever, again, how was that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Your old team weren't all there.
Speaker 7: No, they weren't the people that I used to work with.
Speaker 2: They were all very happy to see me, which is.
Speaker 1: Quite your old team and lovely yeah.
Speaker 2: Lovely Sue gave me a hug. Yes said as.
Speaker 3: Well, look sorry, as were in the queue going into the room was behind us, and Perry had said hello. Then I said alone, I gave se hook and then Perry goes, oh, I give you hook hook.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about you boys on the media wall doing your own photo shoots? Very interesting?
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You may what jazz was my favorite?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was at the end of the That was at the end of the night.
Speaker 1: You were doing a dab? Is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was cool. Was cool. I thought that was pretty cool. But it was at the end of the night as we were walking out and I took some photos of Ali on her own, and she goes, do you want some photos? And I was like, oh, yeah, izz I will. Then I was like I just hate standing there by myself, and I was like, I'll just do something.
Speaker 2: About clam Oh.
Speaker 3: I like that one that was for glam but everyone by it, and I was like, let's go.
Speaker 1: My favorite award winner works for the evil Empire. But when Kerry got up and heard like that, I cheered so loudly. I love her. She's so cooky and she's just.
Speaker 3: Oh did you see the video of her when the categories are being read out, like she was so like so nervous. She could see how like heavy she was breathing.
Speaker 1: She's so cute. There was actually a bit of conversity solid ten out of ten humans.
Speaker 5: It was a bit of controversy on the night because someone went up and except an award that they were not involved with, and was that.
Speaker 7: That could have been the Gold Awards and it did not go well.
Speaker 1: Is that my old man?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I saw that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think there was a bit of light Oh what.
Speaker 1: I think there was a few controversies in the evening.
Speaker 5: Yes, We're a couple of controversies. And now it's twelve months to the next one.
Speaker 1: Thank god, I'm already working on my outfit. Obviously, I work twelve months in advance to find that. I'll bb that I bought the day before.
Speaker 3: Was the twelve months that you're marinating in the town.
Speaker 1: Looked it did look like straight over to Mayo Lago and borrowed Donald Trump's spray tnna. It's only just it's it's Wednesday. I got it on Wednesday and it's only just coming off my hands.
Speaker 5: It looks normal now, I know weekend.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, maybe, no, you're so tanned, though you are.
Speaker 1: That's because I've still got the spray tend.
Speaker 3: No, but you're naturally very tanned.
Speaker 1: But you can say, look, it's all like patching and underneath.
Speaker 5: It's not good to him, both of you.
Speaker 2: Next to Jays though, Jason is very white man, is he not?
Speaker 1: He his wife holding to put fake tanner on on his face?
Speaker 2: Why was he dressed all in black?
Speaker 1: Because we were going to a funeral? The funerals he told me. He told me the veils too much, so I took it.
Speaker 2: Why did I miss the memo?
Speaker 1: Because you love you love life? New wear color?
Speaker 5: How many suits do you actually have?
Speaker 2: I get asked this question a lot. I did have a look in my Sydney wardrobe the other day and I think I have about twelve in the Sydney wardrobe.
Speaker 5: Well all take wait, how many Melbourne?
Speaker 2: At Channel nine, I've probably got about six or seven. And then at home i'd have I've got two full copboared fulls. Geez, So i'd have about I reckon. I've got about twenty five in my bedroom cupboard, and then in the spare room, I've got about ten fifteen.
Speaker 1: Is your spare room still occupied?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yes, and no they're dossing it Mum and Dad's.
Speaker 5: Are you going to keep them? There's a lot of suits too.
Speaker 2: I do have to go through it anyway, one or a few come around.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd have a variation of sizes.
Speaker 2: I might have to go to Racket Club.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my things are in Racket Club.
Speaker 5: Does it say who belongs it? Was? It just like up there because people be like, I think I'm back.
Speaker 1: I promoted it for Alice.
Speaker 2: We call Jase before he's on television, please will age reckon? Yeahs, you've been makeup?
Speaker 3: Do you know if you're Geary selling?
Speaker 1: Yes? Well, I had a lot of stuff that I just I had packaged up for literally years ready to take or to drop off and to take to her since she started it. And so there's like it's we've done a full circle. So all my spring dresses are there, perfect for the races. Go down to Racket Club in Brighton. I think I'm racking number one talk to.
Speaker 2: Rack number one number one? Does it have a photo of you?
Speaker 3: A photo of the previous?
Speaker 2: Okay, we dialing, I'll die. Do you think your answer? You should do?
Speaker 7: You won't?
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't he because.
Speaker 6: It's the person you are calling?
Speaker 1: It not available?
Speaker 3: The short cock?
Speaker 2: Does it to us?
Speaker 6: Hello? Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? This is the tax office? Is this Jason Hawkins?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 7: What's wrong?
Speaker 2: Why are you being all weird?
Speaker 6: Are you here a photo of you cliant on the wall and around me?
Speaker 2: Did you give it a kiss? How is he being in situ?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: And what are you wearing? Are you getting Crossjay?
Speaker 6: Just got to old up? I've just I've just spent five minutes with t J.
Speaker 1: Oh did he say he loves the show?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: He did. He said's a nice story. And I don't know if I put you in next to him? Oh you Jayce, I know, I said, I said, I was just looking at videos of you on your bike.
Speaker 3: I guess what are they for?
Speaker 2: Public consumption?
Speaker 6: And I said, videos of you and your bike? Did you go pro?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Videos?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: And I said, I said, you know what joke's on fucking him? T J? Because you're down there living mate, That's what I want. He's like, yeah, you can go fuck nine jobs.
Speaker 2: Hey, who made you up? I was going to put you on the phone door it, but I didn't know it.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Utah blonde, tall blond, Danny, beautiful Danny, Danny, beautiful Danny gorgeous to talk to. Right.
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm in a little kitchen. Are How do I get to the booth of shame?
Speaker 2: Oh? What time? You on the bound?
Speaker 1: You wait to the kitchen, ittte, but not to.
Speaker 2: See the stairs.
Speaker 6: Hang on, there's a red casting couch at the back the other way that Am I going to get pregnant?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, So can you turn your attention towards makeup and you go ups?
Speaker 6: Okay, wait for the person to come and get me.
Speaker 2: Go up now, it's more fun because.
Speaker 6: What's funny is it's her second shift, so she'll think.
Speaker 1: That's pretty Yeah, but you sort of need a director up there to see him up.
Speaker 6: He won't know how to go on up the stairs. Now?
Speaker 2: Can you see the news readers?
Speaker 6: I even change even change the head pieces. See the news readers on the wall.
Speaker 1: Keep going.
Speaker 6: Do not enter level five unless you have special business.
Speaker 1: On this special business you've got to talk about Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Left, there's a fire door, and then left again.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I can't there's two doors.
Speaker 1: No, you should have gone to the top of the stairs and gone straight through. The newsroom is on the right, isn't it on.
Speaker 6: The wrong stairs? To the police of shame.
Speaker 1: It's called the tossbox.
Speaker 2: No tossbox.
Speaker 6: Telling me to go there, just to hang on hanging.
Speaker 1: Hi, Danny got Laurens.
Speaker 7: Why hello is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You're on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Hi Danny, You've got all the produces. You're alive, on the party.
Speaker 2: You're going to be You're going to be very popular.
Speaker 6: I hardly needed any makeup, guys.
Speaker 1: Danny's maybe they didn't have anything translucent enough for your place.
Speaker 6: He could see me roaming around. Was like, okay, come with me, come.
Speaker 2: And take how much bronze? I didn't need on Jason.
Speaker 6: We put a little bit on, not as much as.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, all right, Joe, we're sitting here watching what time? What's your hit?
Speaker 6: I've got no idea, got no idea. Just chill here and then please put the name of the person on their second shift. Sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Danny doesn't know.
Speaker 6: Get the Tiger okay, I'll give you a special good luck.
Speaker 2: I have fun.
Speaker 1: When I was in Canada, all I wanted to do was fine. You know when they go, oh, a bear, and the bear goes all those bears in the wild that for some reason they just have limp wrists and they wave and god knows what they're actually trying to signal. Probably they're about to eat you. But yeah, I never saw a bear a bear.
Speaker 3: I'm going to show you a video of a contestant, an elderly contestant on one of the iconic Irish game shows, as they're introducing the five people who are playing for big money, and this is his wave. Well, you're getting in the car. He want a car?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 1: When I was in when I was I'll know. Over on Sunday and lying in bed at the hotel, I watched a marathon of American Family Feud with show is so Loose. One of the questions was, we've served one hundred women and we have the top one hundred answers, what is it that you like in a man but also in your coffee?
Speaker 4: And the answers, oh yeah, and he's like running up now and then the other one goes strong, strong, and he was like, oh, yeah, this is so funny.
Speaker 1: And then the old grammar.
Speaker 5: I was like, Rich, it's really sexual.
Speaker 1: That shot creamy, it's really sexual. One where Brad Daniel.
Speaker 5: Would never where it's the sorry the old fat guys better the old the old track guy and it's the young hot woman on the other side, and she's like, don't get the answer on and she starts bouncing I know, and he's like and his wife's back there is like staring at HIMIM.
Speaker 1: Like, what is going on? I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: What part of both of those descriptions do you want?
Speaker 2: Time starts?
Speaker 3: Because none of that was good.
Speaker 1: It's it's like, it's just really loose.
Speaker 3: I sketch on it the other day. It's very funny.
Speaker 1: It's still on. I watched I Can six episodes and some of their an I was like, where did they find these people? What was one of the other questions that I was like, Oh, one of the questions was no, I have to find it, guys. Just I highly recommend it's on.
Speaker 3: Like ten Family Feuds is a family feud.
Speaker 1: Grant Daniel would never be changed.
Speaker 2: Part of our body woman users to patrol on me legs.
Speaker 3: Times, be happy to know there's already been a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a big time.
Speaker 1: Taking that complete. Should we just take out the family feude? No, but I'm telling you it was on the show. The whole thing was so loose.
Speaker 3: I was like this because look, that's the thing. They're not looking for the right answer. They're looking for the most popular answer, so even the most popular So it's a little bit crazy.
Speaker 2: Did you get it? You got it?
Speaker 1: The questions are asking for sauce, like they asked answers. We're here in the Strokes, like we surveyed one hundred women and what is their favorite thing for dinner in America? They'd be like, I like my main for dinner. They're like chick in it.
Speaker 2: Clint canceled, already calling his manager.
Speaker 1: It's all right, guys, it's been fun.
Speaker 2: It's been fun.
Speaker 1: Has been fun. Would you like small lameiess three times?
Speaker 3: I leave you with the tidbit that I only remembered yesterday. As we checked into our hotel before the acres on Saturday, they sent our bags up to the room because the room wasn't ready.
Speaker 2: I went up.
Speaker 3: My bags weren't there, so I called down to reception to have them drop it up. I was waiting for a few minutes and I was just like like literally just checking out the room with no bag to start getting ready with. I had to go for a little two so it did a little fight in the room. I was like, it's one, just me here a little.
Speaker 1: It's what I've never heard that a little too.
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Do you say that? Brody?
Speaker 3: So I tooted and I was like, oh god. It was one of those that you smell instantly, and I was like.
Speaker 1: This is a terrible story.
Speaker 3: And then as soon as I smelled it.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh no.
Speaker 3: I go to the door and it's the very polite young busboy with my bags, my suit bag and my luggage bike.
Speaker 1: Can I come in and hang it up?
Speaker 3: And I go oh thanks, and I reached together it. He goes, sorry, I bring it in. I was like, and he had walked past me before I even got the chance to say no. And then he goes, oh, you're Irish. Where are you from Galway? I was like, that's a random thing to say. As I said no, I'm from Dublin. As I could smell my my tut again and he stood there and he talked to me about Irish irishness tourists and I was like, he is standing in my disgusting toot. He didn't say anything, thankfully, so.
Speaker 1: Just taught an awful story.
Speaker 2: Is it needed time?
Speaker 3: Stand and see the only thing that doesn't hit a timestimee.
Speaker 2: Upgrade at that hotel? Upgrade at that hotel.
Speaker 3: And I was waiting for my room longer than you. How did you get the upgrades?
Speaker 7: Because I complained that my room wasn't ready.
Speaker 1: You can Are you a complainer?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 7: We got there at ten am and I was like, can we check in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And she's like, she's like, it's not quite ready yet, but we'll try and get it ready soon. I was like, it'd be great because we want to go out at three, So if you could have it ready before, like in the next couple of hours, I'd be great. She goes, yeah, no worries, and they got there. We got there too. We did get back at two, but half one half one. I was like, and they're like, oh, your room is still not ready. And I was like, even if it was, if if it was ready to like supposed to be ready to leaving it at one thirty is quite late, and I was like, well, I did ask so, and she's like, I'm really sorry about that. If you sign up to our thing, we'll upgrade you to a bigger room. So I got a big, big room.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for minutes, you're.
Speaker 1: I was waiting longer the hotel floors and sleep. So she gets upgrade.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for the longest.
Speaker 5: Can get bread muscles?
Speaker 1: Isn't it? You got one second? Because this is the end of the podcast. That's nothing important.
Speaker 5: I'll just goble's money going out with Lesbies.
Speaker 1: Please, No, I need my I need my duet part that he's no longer here.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Let's miss tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Lame is tomorrow Tomy