Speaker 1: Better than the lego, better than leg Here we go sound one two three jack oh one two perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, Trush hello one two three for five.
Speaker 1: Frank just turned Trish down.
Speaker 3: That is I've been loading that one up for recording minutes. We are we Are. That's brilliant. Should have kept Oh that's it, We'll keep it in. Came we keep it in.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep it in.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Hands Welcome to the podcast people on this week, grand final week, the best week of the year.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: Throw Christmas out, New Year's, all those things, Mother's Day, sorry, Father's not quite Father's dayd what a what a fantastic week. Letting you know this week was the passing of the great Chris Christopherson, a personal favorite attrition and I so today as a tribute, our theme will be greatest cross over Artists, meaning people who go from music to film or vice versa. They cross over from not just music to film. Is that are they able?
Speaker 4: For example, Matt, could someone be like you know, I mean a sports star movie to something else, or they could be.
Speaker 1: You can't get there is a question like that.
Speaker 3: There is a good guys, Jaysonson, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't stand on the tags. All that is to come. Jack Cooper, Patricia, how are you guys on this ghand final week?
Speaker 2: I'm really good. I'm actually really good. Thank you.
Speaker 1: People can't see that you are wearing the most darling red top blouse.
Speaker 3: I think that's a blouse.
Speaker 1: Is it a blouse?
Speaker 2: The shirt?
Speaker 1: And you've got the red lipstick on matching.
Speaker 3: Bravo to you.
Speaker 2: Well Tomato, the two boys the red juicy strawberry.
Speaker 3: Okay, definitely not flavors. I back that up.
Speaker 2: Get in the corner, in the corner, in.
Speaker 3: The corner, take you close.
Speaker 1: Nobody puts a baby in the corner, and the two boys you blacklight Johnny Cash dress like Johnny Cash, the men in black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we've seats again, Jack, I needed to change awesome rabbits foot.
Speaker 1: Are you planning another trip to Melbourne? Because what you're doing the end of whatever you're doing and saying it is working, well.
Speaker 4: They're playing didn't make The boys are up here in Sydney. You go down for the preparation, they're coming up. Well, when this comes out on a Friday, they come up on a Wednesday, Well, will you visit there?
Speaker 1: Will you visit camp, will you visit the hotel?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll be at the daly Ms, so I'll see those boys. Yeah, isn't that funny? The only time I've ever been to the Daims and it's in a media capacity, they never invited me.
Speaker 2: It's quite boring.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not about that, Tric's the message that they send to a young player who's on the up, who was on the up, and they didn't take you to the good enough to get Rookie of the Year, but unfortunately you crush attackle with Maco and.
Speaker 1: Tween you and Brad Parker. Honestly, where you did see that is reprehensible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry to Mike if he's listening.
Speaker 1: It's a fantastic night when you're collecting awards, which I know nothing.
Speaker 4: Did you ever get any award like five out of the year or anything? Did you ever get Back.
Speaker 1: In the day, I was runner up in the Rookie Rookie of the Year. Jack els Goold got Rookie of the Year and then it was called the Norwich Rising Star Star Awards.
Speaker 2: Then was it was the Rothmans at one point that was the major one was the ros Rothmans Medal.
Speaker 1: Which now is the dally M Medal because back in the day and the Rothmins went on the ars to put cartons of cigarettes on the table. People were smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah hello because it.
Speaker 3: Was responsorble win.
Speaker 1: Sorry it was a Windfield Cup ross.
Speaker 3: But the trophy then was Winfield, the Winfield Cup.
Speaker 1: The award was the winning Blues, your winning blues. It's all going down.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite smoke?
Speaker 1: Look, I never smoked once had a hand drag on a camel camel secret Turkish plan.
Speaker 3: That's not true. He did have. Remember we caught him having a dart that time.
Speaker 4: Lived around the corner right after birthday.
Speaker 3: We lived around the corner here, listeners right.
Speaker 4: And Dad went for a night walk one time, which is odd for day and it was his birthday. It was his it was his birthday, so we just hit that where there was a lot of self reflection.
Speaker 3: He started to get very morbid.
Speaker 4: Very sad because he's always been an anti smoking person and he's come back, the big fella's come back, and it's not like you've been sitting around the campfire for the last hour with our back jack.
Speaker 3: And we said, mate, what's going on?
Speaker 4: And he went and he took a stick of gum which was sitting on the bench, and started throwing gum into his mouth. I still remember it because I it was such a weird thing to say to his son. He said, mate, I'll tell you right now, gum is so good for you. It's so good for your your jaw. And he just started trying to throw off and I was going, what are you doing? And then everybody came into the thing and everyone.
Speaker 3: Have you been smoking?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 4: And it turns out the big fellow had gone out for a cheeky dart.
Speaker 3: Mate the first one.
Speaker 1: I tell what I told Trusha? She has, Well, you've been smoking on it?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go? Have you been smoking it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I just went for a walk. There's a bit of a bonfire around the corner, just making sure that it wasn't going to catch fire. And you were in proper to I was. I was a little rattled.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But is that what comes with that age when you hit forward? Do you want to try new things?
Speaker 3: You expe sure?
Speaker 1: I try lots of new things now. It's sorry, coops. No feedback in questions. First one Simone and Durrell, Hey John's family. Trisha my favorite Simon. I don't know if you can see this. I'm tearing this email up. She goes, I don't know a lot about Kiddler Roy for Grand Final. I'm a thirty eight year old mother of two. Will I like his music. Also, his music is fantastic, willamloo boy. He is a fan of the game. It is a perfect fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like his music.
Speaker 4: To stay with Justin Bieber was his biggest one. That's a good song without you. I really enjoyed when that come on the scene, made it big on TikTok. Actually that's where it sort of blew up that song. But I've seen him in concert live. Actually I stung down at Yeah Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne a couple of years ago. But he was very I will say this is going to have to pick his songs right because some of the songs might not suit a Rugby league pre game. But he's got enough tracks in his set list to be able to high tenderly yeah, yeah, to really lift the crowd.
Speaker 1: Is a stadium musiciann't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he plays in big stage.
Speaker 1: Do you like his music?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't mind it, not only my style, but I can appreciate I can appreciate his work.
Speaker 3: I think that watching the AFL last week again, I'm just trying to figure out what it is.
Speaker 4: Are the viewerships that different to have it at night versus having it during the day.
Speaker 3: It can't be that much different on a long weekend Sunday exactly.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think people would have parties at home games, just just a better.
Speaker 1: Vibe, and I totally agree with that. I agree that some of the greatest Grand Finals have been day grand finals. Actually some of that's about some of the greatest have been night ones as well. But there's something I think special about a day Grand Final. Surely, surely the network can sell it to the advertiser that although the ratings aren't as high, there's probably more eyeballs on the game because it's just people watching it differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gathering this long weekend in New South Wales anyways, like it's it should be, you know, they should they should be out and about. Regardless, I would say people.
Speaker 4: Are more inclined to be out on the piss that night than to be actually watching Jack.
Speaker 3: I totally agree.
Speaker 1: And a lot of kids go, like a lot of young kids, they say, watch the game the next day.
Speaker 3: Because it's too late. It's too late, so.
Speaker 1: You think, so you think you the more people watch.
Speaker 3: When I watched it, when's the best time I would for the Grand Final?
Speaker 4: If Peter let's say Peter PVL was listening right now, Peter Landy's I'd say five pm.
Speaker 1: Now they've done that before.
Speaker 3: As a player, as a.
Speaker 4: Player and as a fan, I love the three o'clock timeslot. The three o'clock timeslot for me, especially in that time of the year where it's just starting to we're out of winter, we're in spring, we're out of winter, and the sun's a bit out, a bit longer.
Speaker 1: It's just the perfect time, know what.
Speaker 2: It's daylight saving changed this weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Well. They've done a few twilight Grand finals. They sort of went they went halfway between and it was okay. But three o'clock, cold, hard lighted day.
Speaker 2: It's about the game and not well, I.
Speaker 1: Too, what trash. It makes for a better game. You can move, you move the football around, day football easier.
Speaker 4: I used to like lat night games, but majority of the players don't like. They don't like the long day. It's a very long day. So some people, especially with nerves too, like Dave Clem. I played with Clem Clem. Even if we played like an eight o'clock game. Clem would barely eat during the day, Clem like because it was all yeah, it was all.
Speaker 3: It was all clemmed up. Because the nerves of the performance, you know, especially playing in the position he plays and where you know you're going to be wearing a few hits every game, like the adrenaline going through him throughout the entire day. He would love an early.
Speaker 4: Game because boom, you don't have to worry about your prepper preppers much, especially if you're not eating heaps and you get straight in and out of it.
Speaker 2: So did you do?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: He gets all clemmed up.
Speaker 3: John's is over there. He's all clemmed up.
Speaker 1: For people like there is going into really big games. When it's an eight o'clock game, you really have to plan how you spend your day. You can be because you can be chewed up by the nerves. Darlene in Spears point up to Lake ma Quarie there the West Lakes. I don't know whether you're aware, but there's a worldwide trend taking place on planes called raw dogging. Have you or anyone you know how to crack at raw dogging. It's been around for a while, so raw dogging is on a long flight, no entertainment, no food, no water, no reclining, no talking.
Speaker 3: How to crack Marfa.
Speaker 4: Marfa had a crack, one of my good mates. He's mentioned about a thousand times on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Jaden. He went to Bali recently. It's not a long flight, though, is it?
Speaker 2: Six hours?
Speaker 4: Six eraw dog six hours, no sleeping. His girlfriend Caitlin watched him and he stared through the back of the chair for six hours. The water water thing is, that's not essential. You can have water. Some people like to do it without water. Some people do it without food. Some people, if they go extreme, do it without a toilet break bigger, they go freaky.
Speaker 1: You know, someone came out, some bloke and went raw dogging is just a perfect example of more toxic masculinity, and you're going, I don't think raw dogging has got anything to do with the masculinitian.
Speaker 4: I think he's talking about a different raw dogging, right, gotcha alone.
Speaker 1: Another person come out and said expert said could have deadly consequences. Come on me dead again.
Speaker 4: I think that's the same rule dogging got a big week Cobber re signings. Actually, Chris Randall, my roommate, Randy just resigned till twenty twenty seven with the Titans. He's been going really good there, Randy and Croaks. Maddy Croker's resigned for twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five with the Knights.
Speaker 4: With the Knights and Big Daniel's side feed. He is officially three years at the Dolphins. So it's like to Daniel, he'll be good up there, be good for him, a bit of experience.
Speaker 3: He's a good man, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good world. Done to Daniel. He'll fit in perfectly good well on the top.
Speaker 3: There's I tell him, I'll bring it up at some stage.
Speaker 4: There's you know when like it, did you ever have photos cop of when you play that you look at and you go.
Speaker 3: Oh, what does that mean? You always use that photo? Yeah, Daniels.
Speaker 4: Daniels had a photo hanging around since about twenty sixteen when he debuted and he was waying a bit, waying a phebit and how mate. It's credit to him playing NRL at that size. But it's like one of the worst shots you've ever seen, right on the mid section, right on the side angle It just shows his little gut. And there's this page. I think it's zero tackle whatever that out is. They use it on everything, and he has been trying to remove it for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a I had a bloke I used to work with on Tinder. He used to put a tinder fato out of himself and it was literally twenty five years earlier. There would have been some rude shocks when going up in the dates.
Speaker 2: That's commonplace.
Speaker 3: Your brother's like that, true, Damy.
Speaker 2: What are you looking at? My brother's He.
Speaker 4: Shows us every time we have a family function, Johnny Johnny Magno, he's showing us his tinder picks.
Speaker 3: And well, let's just put it this way. He sets his age to a different to a different he does look like it's like he does.
Speaker 2: Look got me seventy soon?
Speaker 4: Johnny's seven nearly seventy. I would I would easily mistake him for same age as Uk.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's very well preserved.
Speaker 3: He's well preserved.
Speaker 4: Not in the head, but he's a gold He's a Gold Coast Italian surfer and he just all he does is just live his life and it's working for him.
Speaker 1: And talk this one seb and Roma up there, which is the hometown of the late great Arthur boots And and darn Lockyer as opposed to Rome Trish uh Seb says as a Bronco, I'm really excited about Michael Maguire's appointment. What do we need to know about from Madge, Well, Seb. He's a disciplinearian on himself, he's a discipliner on his players. He's thorough, there's nothing to chance. And he's a sleepwalker as well, which Trie will be testimony to remember the time years ago he come and stay at the house and you kept going. Mate, he's up again and Madge is literally sleepwalking through the house going, uh is the cab here? Yet? Is a cabyre? We're going to We're going into the town. Don't know.
Speaker 3: We had to put it sure sleepwalking, I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I was having a really good think about it today. I was thinking about some of the clubs he's been at. There's a few crossroads up there for Madge. I was just thinking Reno. Obviously they won the twenty four final. You've got ben te O who we have that legendary story. There's a legendary story at South where everyone talks about the Army camp the year they went in to go on and win the camp, the Army camp where he pretty much sprayed.
Speaker 3: Madge left and then what's that got to do with him? Well, he's an assistant.
Speaker 4: He's been to your assistant of Will. He was hired by Kevya and he let him. He probably let him go, wouldn't he. I don't know how do you pick your own assistant.
Speaker 1: I think, like you said a lot of times, they're just too strong Will blokes. I think they'll make a good coach.
Speaker 4: But also we're Billy on for the magic around. Billy would have been the Tigers Undermage, wouldn't you did, Billy because Billy Billy Walters boy, Yeah yeah, Billa, Yeah we know mate.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that the people don't now.
Speaker 3: About Billy Slater.
Speaker 1: He was podcast awareness boys this one Rick and south Yarra coops. Mad He's not sure if you're aware, but s he and Melbourne's Tim Watson and Gary Lyon called you a neander Thole when you gave your opinion about AFL taken over look, this is this is funny. I didn't I didn't know they actually invited I went on the show on the Thursday, and they started a little bit cagey and they spoke about this, and my reply on was boys, I think you've won. My argument that is that has has not been a news story at all up here I knew nothing about. Apparently called me in Neanderthal. Then later on put out another story apologizing, say went too far. I didn't know about any of it. I take neanderthal when it comes to melbourneites as a compliment.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not because that's like that. That means you're basically like a caveman. That's what they say that the.
Speaker 3: Benefits to caveman masculine, strong.
Speaker 1: Lent, fire started, fire, invented the wheel.
Speaker 3: It's like when people call people a dog. I go, you know what, there is a compliment in there. Some where dogs are loyal, love, brown, lovable. That's right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Bethany in Mount Isa Jack, I'm not a Keen Rugby League follower, but I saw a photo of you last week. She went, I'm a forty one year old, recent divorcee with three kids. Are you interested? Well, I say what, Bethany Jack might not be, but I am keen as Mustard.
Speaker 3: Best Coopers. That's probably one of my type. Okay, up for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah done, Send me a picture of yourself.
Speaker 1: Three kids, fantastic theme people. Trish who is Australia's crossover star? The best crossover star Australia has ever had.
Speaker 2: I think it was a living Newton John.
Speaker 1: How do I argue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, singer to actress, think of a singer, well, but with special mention to Hugh Jackman, like the Triple Threat.
Speaker 4: Well, can I just say that old jumping right here? I had Jacko Jacko Tobacco Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 2: Well, right next to that, I wrote how Cooper idolized him as a kid. Remember when you were obsessed with him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I used to love Hugh jack still do it?
Speaker 2: Hosted? Was it the Oscars or the Golden Globes?
Speaker 1: Oscars?
Speaker 2: And Cooper was obsessed with you. He's so talented.
Speaker 1: That was an amazing performance.
Speaker 2: Why did they get him back?
Speaker 4: Actually, well, I think yeah, I'm not sure why. We'll have to ask Gussie Borland. But I do think Hugh Jackman is extremely talented, not just actor. He's done some great but even in like the Greatest Showman, some of the singing and the greatest Showman.
Speaker 3: He's also I often sit there.
Speaker 4: On YouTube, there's they've got clips of them doing the table reads and singing sort of like off this is it's off camera, but these like they're doing the reads and they're singing the songs just around a table with all the other actors.
Speaker 3: Hugh Jackman, let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: Without a little bit of like you know, voice editing and making it sound just the raw voice excellent as well.
Speaker 1: He was the boy from OZ two for a lot of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not when we went and watched it though, it was Tod ck anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Chrissy Amphlet was the mother who was in the Wizard of What was her name, We'll think of it in a second.
Speaker 3: Jack. I went to Russell Crow. Yeah, Russell Rock. He did Les Miserables and he's obviously a well renowned actor.
Speaker 1: Oscar Win up one of the greatest.
Speaker 4: And also I think he does like he actually does, like I've seen plenty. He does lots of performances like him an acoustic guitar.
Speaker 1: I think Ordinary used to be fifty odd foot of grunt and then to become the ordinary fear of God. And before that, when he first came from New Zealand, he arrived first and foremost as a singer and then as a pop musician, and his name was Russ LaRock and his one song you released was I want to I want to be like Marlon Branda, and he was. He's the person who was most compared to Marlon Branda.
Speaker 3: Is that right? A little shout out to a lot of the rugby league exprobility players now starting to cover sport sport on news channels. So you've got you know, you had your shame Web, I think you've just finished. You got your Wally Lewises. Willie Mason's now started, so they're starting to cover all bases now.
Speaker 1: And a player who played for pen and Paramatta the sport on the BBC called Toulson Tulletts.
Speaker 4: And just I briefly had a stint as well in Sunrise Sunset.
Speaker 3: Actually I asked the Sea Show. Yeah, they said what happened. There was a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: I couldn't do it there for a while just because of worked and allow me to because I was doing other stuff.
Speaker 3: And then I just never really have them, not really. They just kind of get miscellaneous people to do it. It's also there's like a big news story. They would have liked your opinion of and you might have not have.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: It was there was one thing I didn't want to come in on.
Speaker 2: They got the ships.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think they got the ships.
Speaker 3: I think they got someone else to do it. And then I think that person probably flourished.
Speaker 1: Right, I've gone. There's a couple of to do. Angry Anderson. Of course he was in mad Max.
Speaker 3: Three would have been Australia.
Speaker 1: Sure, Tom Burlinson Trush, remember he was in the Snow River who then crossed he He's I think that classed as the number one Frank Sinatra performer in the world, goes around the world. The one I've gone is John English. Loved John English. What was that show he was in Against the Wind? He was that age together now and of course great singer.
Speaker 2: I used to love him.
Speaker 1: Mate passed away treasuredly. He was our Bob Suga and for about twenty years he was Paramounta's number one fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huge paramount, such a good voice, beautiful and.
Speaker 1: Beautiful man by all accounts. Good news, bad news for the week, my bad news. As I said before the passing of Chris Christofferson, God to love me. Great singer, great songwriter. He wrote Me and Bobby McGee Sunday Morning coming Down. His first ever roll trish interesting movie Roll nineteen seventy six, The Star Is Born. That was his first role, and there was a bit of consternation. Barbara streisand wanted Elvis to play that role, and they went for Chris Christofferson.
Speaker 3: She did, I might ask, tru she because I know what your answer is going to be, But true, Chris Christofferson or Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 2: Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 3: No, why do you know.
Speaker 2: I'm not watched the first I've seen little snippets of it, but I just couldn't.
Speaker 4: Chris Christofinson looks to me like the who's the actor Cob that played the the main actor in Planet of the Apes, the original Charlton Heston. He reminds it was the Gladiator as well, Chelten Heston.
Speaker 1: No, No, that that was I'll think of it, not lou Reed anyway. I'll think of it all. And I said, God, so many things around. Richard Harris was in it.
Speaker 3: He was Marquee.
Speaker 1: And the other one was one of the biggest hell raisers of all time, who was the Gladiator Boss? He died halfway through the film. I think of his name died halfway through the film and had the just the shoots going forward. Yeah, something rude anyway, Sorry, continue Trish.
Speaker 2: News is I've discovered a great little series on Netflix called Nobody Wants with Kristen Bell and had Brodie. It's very very good. I can highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: So she's.
Speaker 2: She nessessed to do a sex podcast and she's fallen for a rabbi.
Speaker 3: That's the big thing at the moment. That's a weird sex podcast is going well at the moment. Apparently, well everyone has sex, well not everyone does.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes to talk about.
Speaker 1: Low blow, not low enough.
Speaker 2: It's really good. That's my good I've got some bad have you guys been good?
Speaker 4: Because my good news I had was the re signings and Jack brought it up in the I was.
Speaker 3: Actually about going to the soaking thing till I remember. I think we did that.
Speaker 2: We covered that last week.
Speaker 1: Just letting other good news. Oliver read Oh world one, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Because everyone was on the edge of their driver said I want to see wild men.
Speaker 1: He was the craziest. Lot used to go and TV maggot drunk and passing out things like that.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, okay, sorry, okay, bad news. A mystery Australian lotto winner has unknowingly forfeited their one million dollar lotter price after failing to collect their juck pot within the year. The winning ticket was bought and a BP petrol station in North Adelaide in Morson's Lake last year September twenty seventh. So it's the time has passed and they can't claim it anymore. That's they never claimed it. And I was thinking about it, like, why wouldn't they have claimed it. I think they're dead.
Speaker 4: Either they're dead or they just they bought it and they just completely forgot about lost it.
Speaker 2: I think unrest a lot of people off the Yeah, but I think like if someone has a car accident, they're gone.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: No one's going to go through their lottery tickets. That's going to be the last thing they're thinking of.
Speaker 3: Would you register?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: When you do those lottery tickets?
Speaker 4: You can you know them online, I've seen those ones, But when you actually go in there, do you have to register your name or anything like that?
Speaker 2: All right, only if you're a registered player. And I think maybe you have a card or something.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay.
Speaker 1: When people win random Win, Big Bunny, the lotteries, I think they will dangle in incentive for their name to be released, so they do publicity. But most people I wouldn't. You wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't tell anyone. I wouldn't tell anyone. You guys know.
Speaker 1: All around the risk for kidnapping, blackmail and things like that, but not that.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know if we spoke about it on here that but you were telling me about a fellow. Whenever people come into money, it seems to create problems just because people other people can't help themselves. They feel their owed. I know, you came back from having chatted to someone that you bumped in regularly and you don't know how you're going, And it wasn't going well because they'd sold a business and oh yes, given family members, yes, a large amount.
Speaker 1: Of gave them a couple of million.
Speaker 2: And someone came back and said, well do you really think that's enough? Well, like people get greedy.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: You know, its their money to avert.
Speaker 4: Its one person. You wouldn't like it because you think they would deserve more money. There's one person this family here that we certainly wouldn't share theF you want the lot to because he's got enough.
Speaker 1: About Frank like that. Frank's a generous man. But you know, if you're in two hundred million, you don't get it one big guy. They drip food over like ten years or five years, ten.
Speaker 2: Years or if you don't have ten years, I don't know. Even life insurances pay you out if you've got something terminal.
Speaker 3: Give you guys some cash.
Speaker 1: Goes this one theme again. Best crossover star in the world right now. I think that a lot of us going to have the same one here, Trish.
Speaker 2: I had Lady Gaga, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lady, there's not a there's not a like there's a few, but there's not a heap on her level, is there, Lady gigar Jack black Good one, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not that level, not that level. Like he's got a certain niche. But do you know what I also found when I was thinking about this, I feel that most of them are women. Yeah, the largest proportion them going are women.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: John Travolta, Oh no, he didn't didn't sing. He didn't sing.
Speaker 3: Like he didn't sing, But I'm talking, I'm talking dance and acting.
Speaker 1: He can dance and I got chills.
Speaker 3: Who sung that?
Speaker 2: They're multiplying?
Speaker 1: It's true. I didn't sing it well and he sung it with our Olivia fantastic sing it will?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? It?
Speaker 1: Stranded at the drive in multi faceted?
Speaker 3: He dressed up as the mother in Hairspray. What a fantastic role.
Speaker 1: Okay, Battlefield Earth the worst film boar.
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 1: Okay. He's a question. True, if Hairspray came out now and he dressed in that role, would there be backlash?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because these days, you know, look at that typical man playing a woman. Dustin often came out and said they wouldn't be able to do TOTSI now.
Speaker 3: Robin Williams, Adam Sandlan's don't it They've all done it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, there was backlash when What's the Science The Science Go won the Nobel Prize in a wheelchair? Oh yeah, Hawker Stephen uses Stephen Hawkings. So when they did that movie on him, there was blow up saying, well, why didn't they get somebody in a wheelchair to play him the whole movie?
Speaker 3: And they came out and.
Speaker 4: Said, because the first half of his life he wasn't in a wheelchair, so it'd be so hard to get someone in a wheelchair to play him standing and walking.
Speaker 3: Around and going.
Speaker 2: People are idiots.
Speaker 3: It's not real.
Speaker 1: It's acting. What I just called acting? It is the other one. Daniel d Lewis come out and said that movie in my left foot He said, I know that I would not be able to do that. Now, what's that about?
Speaker 3: Is left foot? Foot called?
Speaker 1: We're going to take a break where our quiz coming up shortly. Welcome back to the show. Some of the stuff in any personal stories, I've got one for you, Tush, what is it now? Just wondering because the delim awards a lot of times the wags and influences at different different points. They will go and they will be given dresses or handbags, or they will rent and be borrowed those.
Speaker 3: Does that work?
Speaker 1: Do you watch awards and go, oh, she's wearing that.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get one of those questioned.
Speaker 2: To a degree, I suppose if you're looking for something, you've got something coming up. I love that dress and now, as I've told you before, photo of it. You google Google photos and it'll tell you where that dress is available all the brand. You don't even need to go and ask people these days. Yeah, right, so it does work obviously absolutely.
Speaker 1: Have you ever have you ever seen awards, cermon or anything something on TV and went and bought it. There we go, leveled argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's gott to suit you.
Speaker 4: It's you think about getting models into. I guess if you get models in, you have to pay photographer. You have to pay the models to wear your clothes. I guess if you rented to someone for free, you got a professional photographer taking it, you get real photos and you get someone wearing.
Speaker 2: It for yoursure.
Speaker 3: Well, but also you can use it on your site and stuff like that. I guess the phones.
Speaker 4: No, it actually is spot like someone going on I got a funny yarn actually for yeah, okay, I was down in Melbourne, right obviously we touched on that last body last week. I had to do Katie Perry interview which was fantastic. Everyone hit it out of the park. And then I also was down there watching Harry Green as a hundred game. Now for listeners, when you have a milestone game, most clubs will get videos from maybe some of your best mates, your family, some of your ex teammates you spend a lot of time with and throw it onto the screen sort of the day before the game, real emotional, make congratulations a hundred games, and I'll bring someone into your jersey presentation. So I like sourced Harry's one hundred game video like with his partner and got sort of family members and other teammates to give a video. They cut together this really nice video. But when I spoke to Nico Heights, because Nico was he's a hundred game as well on the weekend, and Nico goes.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're not doing one.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're doing one for me, like a video that someone's coming in to present the jersey. But they're not doing like a they don't really do messaging.
Speaker 2: They Storm do it well.
Speaker 4: Storm do it well, but like they sort of just put the highlights up from your career so far and make an emotional video that way. And I said, oh right, I said to Nick, I said, oh, give us your give us your general like the general manager's number for the club for the Sharks, and I'll just send him a video out of no context, doesn't have my number, and just say and he goes, all right, oh sweet, send me the number, send me the number, and then me and me and Harry Grant wish he was filming it for us. So me and Harry sat on the stairs sort of side by side and did this big emotional one hundred game video for Nico. And then we just sent it to the general manager for my number and just said, here's that video you asked for, mate, and he just goes, sweet mate, thank you, And then we were like, what is is he going to play it? What is the hell does this man? Anyway, Niko rang us the next day and he goes, bro, they.
Speaker 2: Put it up on They put it up on the big screen the game.
Speaker 4: No no, no, like at the when they present the jersey at the Captains run the day before. He just pulled it up and Niko said, he's looking at the general manager. And the general manager's sitting there nodding along, smiling, and nick I went out to him afterwards and he goes, he goes, you realize that was the stitch up right, And he goes he goes, what do you mean? And he goes, mate, I just told like Cooper just said, we're going to just I'll just send it to your general manager and we'll just see what happens. And he goes, oh, mate, sorry, I had a couple like glasses of red the night before and I'm sitting there and I get this text message too, and I was like, oh, mate, how good is this video for him? He goes, yeah, and he goes and he goes, whose numb the generators?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Whose number was it? By the way?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 3: He was like, man, it was Cooper, Like it was so bizarre.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god you did, because otherwise he didn't have had nothing.
Speaker 3: I know, I know so And obviously, yeah, the video.
Speaker 1: Over to the house. Oftentimes we have people around the house. I think news came over and stay for a few days, have the taste of the good life.
Speaker 3: We'll get him over here.
Speaker 4: At some stage he's I think they've they've enjoyed their week so far. And then he's going, he's got a couple of weddings.
Speaker 3: Actually this weekend he's got to get off to. So maybe next week we'll get him back in.
Speaker 4: Has he got a partner at the moment, he does, Yes, he does.
Speaker 1: Okay, head on one lined up for she's older sister. A thought she's like older man. She dated John the Baptist there for all, Tricia, it's time for your quiz.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hang on, what about my personal story?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, but sorry, we got wrapped up in that beautiful story.
Speaker 1: Finish on.
Speaker 2: I was listening to a very good historical podcast the other day about Cleopatra Well during the birth of her first son, Caesarian, because it was Caesar's son, illegitimate child. Now she was sipping poppy tears make of that wardry will and inhaling cannabis during labor.
Speaker 1: Oh that's disgrace.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon the sipping poppy tears were? Do you think that's heroin?
Speaker 1: Yeahs heroin, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: Puppy Yeah, poppy tears because a poppy, but white poppy tears because the shape of the poppy seed is tear.
Speaker 2: The poppy seeds a little round one. You get them on your.
Speaker 1: A different type of poppy, a poppy seed. As far as the heroin they get from is like the shape it comes on the flower and his shape as tear.
Speaker 4: I got one of my first ever army camps in South Sydney. We had a it was an Army instructor and he'd done a few tours in Afghanistan, and he told us about the pop about the poppies, because originally the pop was from Yeah, whatever poppy it is, I can't remember exactly which one that you extract heroin from.
Speaker 3: Originally it's from like the mountains in China, yes it is.
Speaker 2: And then something growing the wrong botty.
Speaker 4: Well, essentially it grows in harsh, hot days and cold nights. So there's only certain environments that the puppy can grow. And then they took it to Afghanistan. Now, whether it was for whatever reason how it got there, but it was well known. Like the when they tour, they sometimes come across these fields and they reckon the poppy because it was so much more extreme in the afghan in conditions that the poppy was like ten times more potent.
Speaker 3: So that's where all the farms are for heroin.
Speaker 1: And there's a there's a contrasting school of thought when it comes to Afghanistan. But right Jack, when the scored and started in China, when it got moved to Afghanistan, it is the perfect conditions, long hot days, freezing cold nights, that's the perfect the China poppy. They say it's got a score. I'm trying to think the right term. But a score out of one hundred is like about thirty something out of one hundred. Well, the potency of the Afghan poppy is eighty four out of one hundred. It becomes when at different points, when the Americans have gone there and fought, but more to the point, when the Soviets fought the Musja Hadeen, the poppy. Heroin became one of the one of the key weapons that the Afghans would use against against the soldiers. They would be selling heroin in the market places and the bazaars, and they say that the Soviet soldiers when they come back from Afghanistan in that war, they said two thirds of them were addicted to heroin.
Speaker 4: Ye, well, that's what you were saying, mate. Sometimes you come across these farms, these fields that are managed by like no one.
Speaker 3: People just come and go. He says, it's overwhelming when you know what they are and you come across these fields.
Speaker 1: Your holy be thinking on at the moment, sorry, coops, is when the Taliban have come back in the power, they destroyed the poppy fields. Now a lot of those farmers up there they rely on the poppy. Now the poppy can be used a poppy suit to produce medicine, but also you know, anethesia and things like that. It's not necessarily just for heroin. It's for painkilling drugs and whatnot. And these soldiers, I'm sorry, these farmers use it. They're only source of income. But the Taliban is just wiping it out purely because of the thought they can be made into a legal drug.
Speaker 4: Well, great message for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes you think, ed, Yeah, well.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they have to be well educated on it before they go out there, before they go like into the they go and do their tours, they're well educated on it, just to know, like when you come across it what it is.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it makes you think, don't it Sure that's cavit M tool beware.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, let's take a real quick break. We'll come back with what was Cooper's quiz? Now is Patricia's quiz. Welcome back, It's time for Patricia's quiz. Take it away, babe.
Speaker 2: Okay. Based on the fact that we're talking about crossover stars, this is a who am I?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: So essentially it's first in. You only get one shot at it, though, so your choice wisely question.
Speaker 3: When you say first in do we buzz? And then you just want to say, okay.
Speaker 2: Just say the name first person with their name. This person first became known in the eighties in a boy band. Then was Robbie Williams lead singer. No lead singer of another boy band in the nineties featuring his brother Donnie he was. This person was known as a Calvin find Jack. John's got it a modeling underwear for camera.
Speaker 3: He's got he's still reading people at home.
Speaker 2: I want more information?
Speaker 1: Has anyone ever written at Warburger's.
Speaker 3: I was that close to going the other night for dinner, and then there was no one in there, the one and manly it was. There was not a real estate.
Speaker 4: They mute cost went past the one in Circular Kid the other day too, and not many people in there.
Speaker 1: Mates. But you would say this is a surplus of Burger joints these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my, there are there's a lot of good ones out there.
Speaker 2: Jack on one, okay, checkson one. I was born in nineteen eighty six. I'm a singer songwriter. My first album was titled Fame The Fame, which was released in two thousand and eight. I modeled myself on David Bowie and Freddie Day. Yes, oh well, lady taking their stage name from one of the queens or one of Queen's songs. Well done.
Speaker 1: John's Radio GGA, is it Radio go?
Speaker 3: So wish you got a name from? Yeah, Oh, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Jackson one, Matt's on one, and interestingly enough, Who's on zero, which is probably why he likes to be the quiz muster, because he's not very good at getting the quiz answered.
Speaker 1: Dumb as dogshit?
Speaker 3: Is that funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, let's go. I built a triple threat career as an actress, dancer, and musician. Started out in films in the late eighties Yes Wow, quickly becoming the highest paid Latina actress.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican established this week, Jason jealous, mate, it's just because you're on zero. You're big fed zero.
Speaker 2: Eldjohn's on two, Jackson one, Come on, younger, Spring Chicken Okay. I was born in nineteen fifty eight in Michigan. At the age of five, I lost my mother to breast cancer. I started out as a dance in New York and moved into music in the eighties. With an upbeat dance club style. I collaborated famously with John Paul Gautier in my video clips. My films include Desperately Seeking Susan Madonna.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, had no idea, no clue. Well, she's pretty one pretty one sided.
Speaker 1: She's not sixty six, she's played born in fifty eight. She's a boiler.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she had a bit of word. Yes, yes, okay, this one. Come on focus boys. I'm an American rapper born in La My first rap group in the eighties was called C I A. Then No, you're so close, MATEJ No, all the clues of yours.
Speaker 3: Jack, I could take my sweet time finished.
Speaker 2: The first rap group was called C I A. Then I was in N Do You A. During the nineties, I was in films such as Boys in the Hood, twenty one, Jump Street, twenty two, Jump Street.
Speaker 3: I'll Let You Finish, I know what it is, Let you Finish, and.
Speaker 2: I was the executive producer of the two tenty and fifteen bio pick straight out of Comptent.
Speaker 3: Cooper John's I Will take over here. This is ice Q.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was that. You should have been very careful because it wasn't Coober Johnson. You were supposed to come straight him with the answer exactly right.
Speaker 3: I think we've duck him. Point.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can give you that.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Okay, there's not money involved. I don't really care about you.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't Someone's get a little shirty just so.
Speaker 2: Matthew, you're on three, used to lose a piece, and Jackie coops on one. Okay, we've got three more to go.
Speaker 3: Phil feel so for Vinilla Ice there, jeez, don't feel sorry for him.
Speaker 2: That's a lie. Only two lost money to get these to try with him. I was born in nineteen sixty three. This is a late start. They passed away who started singing church after a successful modeling career at the age of nineteen. This person was signed by Clive Davis's Arista Records. My debut album had the songs how Will I Know?
Speaker 1: Very Cool? Well, I could wore very good.
Speaker 3: On his way back. I get freaky when we get deep into the.
Speaker 2: With more info, you need more info.
Speaker 3: I just get freaky.
Speaker 2: That's why I had it that you only got one guest, so I didn't want randoms.
Speaker 3: You are freaking freaking.
Speaker 2: You need to get this to tie with Big Daddy.
Speaker 3: Papa Jack.
Speaker 2: You're welcome to partake me.
Speaker 3: I'm welcome, thank you.
Speaker 2: I was born in New Jersey No, no, Jack, That's not it, and formed band bridging the gap between heavy metal, rock and pop. My albums include Sire, When.
Speaker 1: Wet, John bon Jovi, I.
Speaker 2: Was Right, films including Moonlight and Valentine, where he played the paint.
Speaker 1: John Bonovic rap. No favorite bon Jovi song.
Speaker 3: Guys, Yeah, great, that's a great song. It's one of the great intros. That guitar at the.
Speaker 1: Star Richie Sambora, he's very under you got a true.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure I had the right song.
Speaker 1: Bon Jovi. John bon Jovi had a had a solo album at once. I urged people to have listened to it. There were two songs. One is Midnight in Chelsea and the other one is something Don't You Take your Love to Town Lucy Ruby. No no, that was Kenny Rogers, but it was something. But anyway, have a listened Midnight in Chelsea in particular. So very very good.
Speaker 3: God, what else we got?
Speaker 1: Okay, people, it is time for sports greatest crossover. This is my favorite film or music? Patricia, what's your favorite.
Speaker 2: Sports? People? I knew that went to film from sports and that's because the boys were really into their w w E wrestlers. We have the all the wrestlers. We had the gear with the mass the little wrestle.
Speaker 4: Did anyone else I just want to ask, did anyone else have wrest thanks to? Do anyone else have a wrestler on their list? I was seeking the Rock, but I end up going away from him is obviously he's probably the biggest.
Speaker 2: Now did you go?
Speaker 3: Who'd you go? Then? I went with oj Simpson?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Controversial? Controversial, but it's true.
Speaker 1: She did and a huge star. He was a Heisner Trophy winner in college ball, went to the Buffalo Bills I think was Buffalo Bills, become a huge star there, and then when he went retired, of course he went to the Naked Gun series.
Speaker 2: The movies they really did he did.
Speaker 1: He did a few others as well.
Speaker 3: Could you have that massive?
Speaker 1: I look, I Matt Nabel, He's one name's done very good. But I had Vinnie Jones of course, But the one a big one for me is Carl Weathers. Carl Weathers was a huge college football star and then went into He did Apollo Crew, Chubbs Peterson and Predator.
Speaker 4: Chubbs Peterson's probably one of the Apollos obviously is well now, but Chubbs Peterson is low key one of the great film film performances.
Speaker 5: He tells his story, is that who he is? Yeah, so he tells us the start where the start where he walks in the should play football? Why did you play golf?
Speaker 3: He goes on, My mom wouldn't let me, shouldn't sign the permission slip.
Speaker 2: Nfl.
Speaker 1: I heard an interview with him just after he passed, and he said that on the set of Predator, my predator had like the most testosterone mckismo on that. So you had Arnold Schwarzsnaga and the cast Jesse, the body Ventura Uh. The Predator himself under the stuff was Jinklud van Dam but he quit because he said the soup was too hot. But he told the story that had all these great action heroes. Arnold Swarste had his own gym there, but he wouldn't let anyone use it because he wanted to do the muscle man. Anyway, he got a key cut Carl Weathers and went in and was like training through the night, middle of the night, and by the end of it they measured and his arms were bigger than Arnold Schwarzenegger's.
Speaker 3: Well it's pretty crazy, did Arnie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wasn't happy.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually had two on my listeners.
Speaker 4: Well I had Matt Nabel actually had a beer with names down and he was down at the Melbourne game last week.
Speaker 1: So was he.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeap, he helped. He'd done a little bit of voiceover work for him during the year for some videos, so he came down. I actually, me and NAIs were quite pissed, and I got him to do you wouldn't believe it, you wouldn't read about it. And I got him to do a voiceover before the Storm game, pumping me up. I put it on my Instagram story.
Speaker 3: Actually he was. He was so funny. Yeah, and he goes.
Speaker 4: About what about this kid's dad, Maddie Johns.
Speaker 3: Hasn't he got tiny hands and his uncle he could play? Let me tell you one of the greatest of all times.
Speaker 4: And now on the scene is that little Cooper John's Can he play?
Speaker 1: Probably not?
Speaker 3: But one thing I do know is here we go very very but sorry.
Speaker 1: The one I had the Shaki Al O'Neill. Yeah, Shack's done very good for Kazam. Just after he started playing in the NBA.
Speaker 4: He was in kaz what I think he's doing DJing and stuff.
Speaker 3: He's just a big personality. About Michael Jordan's Space Jair went in there.
Speaker 2: Did that while he was playing, didn't he was playing Lebron he did.
Speaker 3: He was in Space Jam two to.
Speaker 2: But also he was film Yeah about the dating.
Speaker 1: Amy Amy Cooler Schumer.
Speaker 4: The funny story with Michael Jordan when you watch the Last Dance, it's either that or it's a different doc I've scene. But they talk about when he came back from baseball sort of come through midyear and he said he was so out of it wasn't out of nick, but he wasn't in the right baseball fit. Yeah, he was baseball fit, he wasn't basketball fit. So in that time where he agreed to do Space Jam, he's acting doing all this if but they on the Warner Brothers set, they built him like a It was an indoor little like stadium and a gym set up where he had sen c's and they reckon. Basically, he was flying in all star players left, all out from all around the country and they were just doing one on one with him and playing three B three while he was filming space Jam to get him back in the form where he won another he did the second three Pat.
Speaker 1: It's really funny, Jake, because that's what NBA basketball is, Dude. During the off season, they'll get there, they'll have like you know, most of them got their own courts at the house, so they'll fly in people like they'll just ring people from other clubs and say, come on, let's go and camp together for about two weeks and we'll just train ourselves.
Speaker 4: Fiteah, Tom Brady, they say, Tom Brady, you do that all the time too, with different wide receivers all around the Colt Julian Edelman, he has a good story. He would just follow Tom Brady in the office where ever he went, just in case he hit him up to practice passes, like when Julian was trying to come through as like he was at the same club. He was trying to break into that like regular side as a wide receiver, and he just just naturally follow his because they were close. But like he'd follow him around wherever he went, just in case Tom was like made I need to want to go to throw some passes.
Speaker 1: It will see, that's the thing with wide receivers and that sort of stuff. As far as NFL. NFL is totally choreographed game, so it's like all it is running routes and like catching the ball. The Great Joe Montani said to Jerry Rice it was his number one receiver. He used to wear eighty one and he used to say, Jerry, ten steps forward, pause, then there are ten steps to the right, and expect the ball to hit you on the on the number one last second hit him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so true. It's like it's just it's like elite choreography.
Speaker 2: You have to dance off point. Where is the next Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where a good question?
Speaker 3: I think it might be this view again, Frank, Frankie is going to Google. I think I might have looked into the sphere for a few years and yeah at the Death Star. What well, Frank's.
Speaker 2: Google won't be in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Franks got a.
Speaker 4: Another good story about Rob Gronkowski during COVID. During COVID, they would everyone had to do workouts and they'd film it and send it through to the coach and Gronk, being the just the character he is and sort of a little bit rats ass as a trainer, he recorded every single one of his workouts on the same day in different clothes and then would just send it to him.
Speaker 3: Like every day for two weeks. Yeah, he to the boys did it just.
Speaker 4: Quietly in the NRL as well, did Yeah, yeah, just like you had to send pictures every day of you like training, and like a few boys would just change clothes on the same day and send.
Speaker 3: It every day.
Speaker 1: Ryan Girdler put a GPS on his dog once.
Speaker 2: Remember he put his GPS? Has meant to have Did we find out whether the Super Bowl was New Orleans? Actually have not been.
Speaker 3: It's really good. It's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the great thing about it's a great time to visit cities when the Super bowls on American City, the city just comes alive. But also safety was because they say New Orleans can be a little sketchy, so it would be a great time to visit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, now finish with guys from feedback before we do a grand final predictions Trush feedback.
Speaker 2: Spring of strong people and string.
Speaker 3: Sorry, the string has sprung.
Speaker 1: The string has sprung.
Speaker 2: I have this thing behind my teeth and it's annoying. It's called spread has sprung people and it's baby season. In the last week, we've had three boys being born, so we'd like to welcome friends of the family Darcy Dan, Charlie Scognamil and my tennis coach's new son, Freddy. I don't know my tennis coach Matt's surname. Okay, isn't that so they would like how about the boys? And also listener Laura Brady happy fortieth birthday.
Speaker 3: Well nice, true, lovely community center.
Speaker 2: But we now have our people.
Speaker 3: It is a community center. I actould shoved back back, ye, I think you should get back in your own lane.
Speaker 2: Get back in it. And listenerly sent me through his parents had herbs. I posted it during the week, had some ground Rosemary leaves with the use by date of the twelfth of February nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can beat that.
Speaker 1: Could they could cook with it?
Speaker 2: As we said before, apparently they just lose their potency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, IK lose potency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is presnancy. And the funny thing is, though he said, you said they moved house five years ago, so nineteen twenty nineteen, and they moved it with them.
Speaker 3: I can't back up any more. Coup you can rip into it now. Sorry, Yeah, you said the funny thing, which part of that was funny.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is that the actually moved it.
Speaker 4: That is now the hilarious Grand Final predictions Matthew, is that what you said?
Speaker 3: We're going to get into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to from the one who's most likely to get it wrong, right for the one who most likely Let's start with Trush Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be the Storm winning. I think it'll be tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but first try scorer and Clive Churchill medal Trish.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Harry Grant get the Clive Churchill medal. I would love to see that. And first try scorer. I'm going to say Xavier Coapes good.
Speaker 3: That's a good pick.
Speaker 1: Educational.
Speaker 4: I'm going Melbourne Storm, Ryan Pappenhaus and Clive church And.
Speaker 3: Medal and first try scorer Will Warbrick.
Speaker 4: I think the high difference on Warbrick on Taruver. You'll see a lot of kicks going to Warbricks. Perhaps got the meaning of the match last time. He's just starting to peak. Last week against the rud.
Speaker 2: Did all of his shocking injuries.
Speaker 3: It's good to see.
Speaker 4: I'm going to the Storm as well. I think the Storm backed him at the start of the year and it's come to fruition and I feel something really a bit outside here. I've got a real feeling around Nick Meani for the Cloud Churchill medal.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see that. What a lovely young man he is?
Speaker 3: Do you know means? How do you know means?
Speaker 2: Meet him down there? Well, this is what I'm saying about the Storm that parents weekends every year and we met his whole family. Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 3: I wasn't I was a Newcastles in twenty eighteen and championship.
Speaker 1: Having a bet on it because I'll give you two hundred to one.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Really a nice copper and I think first trialscorer and I'm doubling down First trialscorer Nick Meani, Clove Churchill, Nick Meanie, normal Storm to win Nick Meani for just quite lovely, cold Nick Meanie. He does himself from the outside looking in as a terrific bloke. But that man is a cold blood of killer.
Speaker 3: He's got that.
Speaker 4: You know that Nathan Cleary cart about you inside where you've got no soul like he is.
Speaker 3: He's a cold blood killer.
Speaker 1: And yes, he's a real meaning Hey, Dad, don't even.
Speaker 4: Probably know if he's playing, probably likely through injury to because they're saying there's a bit of a bit of speculation on that pcl injury for Nick so because I don't think you finished last week's game.
Speaker 3: So sixty one dollars is paying cloff church of medal.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, what's Harry Payne listeners, Yeah and get.
Speaker 3: On, get there's a bit of aura around this kid, all right? Back him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I do like him. He's a terrific player. He's made a great career for himself. Down there.
Speaker 2: You really hadops.
Speaker 1: What are you saying there?
Speaker 4: I said, you go, well, okay, I've gone I'm going for Penrith to winning Golden Point.
Speaker 1: I think these sides are so close, think and they've got such great pressure players. I think the back end of the game be really tight and I think someone I come up with a big player to take it into Golden Point. And I think Penrith will winning Golden Point because they've got Nathan Cleary. I've gone Dylan Edwards first try scorer and Dylan Edwards for club Churchill medal. He went backed at the start of the year.
Speaker 4: Well, Harry Grant ten dollars, Ryan pappenhous and eleven dollars, Dylan Edwards ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Who's the favorite for a client for Churchill.
Speaker 3: Nathan Cleary's Did he get it last year? Yes he did, and he got it in twenty twenty one two God love him. Nathan Cleary and Jerome Hughes both fought I was fifty.
Speaker 1: History shows half backs are usually yeah, traditionally the first ever, the first ever Clive Churchill Medal winner was Sterlough and none of eighty six. But we've even seen when the half packs have not been the best players on the field, oftentimes they get it. Joey got it in two thousand and one and it probably wasn't even probably admitted that it was the best player in the field. In twenty fifteen, Jonathan Thurston got it and even it mets he was a long way from the best player in the field, but he came up with a big play. And I even think Nathan Nathan won it last year, but he won it on the back of that amazing in the last seventeen minutes. I don't progrades to that. I think he did deserve it, but again there's an argument for other people, but it just shows you when you back the half backs, chances are you're going to win. We are done, people, listen, enjoy your long weekend with the grand Final.
Speaker 2: Just before, have you guys met the new old couple around the owner they've just moved in and the house are on the corner which one which they're this old couple of it like in their eighties. They're really cute and they're both like they're both widowed and they've met each other and they've bothered to get married. They're not just living in sin. So she grabs me the other day and we're chatting, and I was commenting on the garden and we're chatting and she says, and she goes into detail about how their relationship is and what they've had to discuss because they're coming in from two totally different families, have both got kids, and obviously there's finances and things like that that they need to sort so that what the other doesn't take from the other's estate should one pass. And they've shared this house in the purchase. She said, you know, they're asking each other question and then he says to her, well, what about sex? And she says in frequently, and he said, well, is that one word or two? Goodbye?
Speaker 3: Trush?
Speaker 4: Horrendous joke that was. I know you jumped in and I actually thought it was serious. I could tell it was coming from a mile away and it was.
Speaker 3: The worst joke.
Speaker 1: Explain the post.
Speaker 3: No one laugh, not even Frank laugh. And Frank laughs at.
Speaker 1: Every Frank put the thumbs down in the great Italian tradition, Frank.
Speaker 4: He was trying to karate chop himself in the throat, have another crack real quick.
Speaker 2: And bring we can't go through all that careful. They get together, they're moved in together, like when they're sorting things out. You know, they're talking about you know, their kids, the grandkids are sharing the finances. And the bloke goes to the one what about sex? And she goes infrequently, he goes, is that one word or two?
Speaker 3: It's not even that good a joke.
Speaker 1: Guys, Back to my original point, have a great Grand Final weekend. Look after yourself. I hope your favorite player play as well. Why dear lord, you've got to get off the drugs? True? Did you sa