Speaker 1: Now stick with me here and don't judge me. Yesterday we had to go to Narry Warren, so we went. We went out out of the city afterwork. So to get there we had to go through the tunnel and I was from here.
Speaker 2: Did you go through the tunnel, the Burnley Tunnel.
Speaker 3: The Burnley Tunnel? Oh, did you go a different way?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I went a different way. Jump up because and right through the tunnel. Bang out you go on ash.
Speaker 3: It was very congested through the tunnel.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I went through the tunnel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the traffic was bad.
Speaker 1: So we had a lot of time to chat in the tunnel and I was with producer Ali gen Z gen Z and we we started talking about the tunnel and we I need some because I don't love the tunnel. When it's congested, I get I get scared that it's going to cave in. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: No, I shouldn't watch it.
Speaker 2: Though the movie Daylight.
Speaker 3: No, we're still loone.
Speaker 2: No o. The tunnel gets carved in. Yeah, and uck in there and he's got to get They've got a lot of egress points out the tunnel, like every everything.
Speaker 3: This is where I'm confused.
Speaker 4: They get like they caved in in the movie.
Speaker 1: So I tend not to drive through the tunnel in peak out because I don't like the thought of getting stuck in there.
Speaker 2: I think it was a fire in the Sydney one the other day. Do you remember the Melbourne Tunnel was leaking for many.
Speaker 3: Years, right, that's when I stopped going through.
Speaker 1: But that's meant to alleviate the pressure of I think, so no panic if you get a drips anyway, So Ellie and I, who were clearly very bright and should be some kind of engineers, we started talking about how the tunnel works and I need to know about.
Speaker 2: It going you go out, How do they.
Speaker 1: Build the tunnel through the water because you go under the water, it does it go under the river, so it's not going through the river. So the water, that's what we said, Right, so you reckon you dig under the Yarrow River and it's that deep. But wouldn't you ears pop when you go.
Speaker 2: You go down and then go up? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So then what happens with the tunnel that they built between the UK and France is that just floating in the ocean because it doesn't go under the under the depths of the ocean.
Speaker 3: How do they build a tunnel?
Speaker 2: You're looking that's the tunnel boring machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how do they do it in the ocean?
Speaker 2: I think I'm with Clinton? They must go underground.
Speaker 3: Are you telling me you think the tunnel goes under the depths.
Speaker 2: Of the ocean.
Speaker 1: Definitely doesn't go like one thousand meters below the water.
Speaker 3: The Titan sub couldn't get to the bottom of the ocean. It exploded. You can't have a tunnel with trains in the UK.
Speaker 2: Where's the tunnel from and to England channel?
Speaker 3: Is it just floating like a little floating ponton? Does it move? Is it attached to the bottom.
Speaker 2: Lron Tunnel England to France? I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's floating too.
Speaker 2: Can thirteen twenty four to ten. If you're an engineer, can you can you riddle me this?
Speaker 3: No, when they go through the water, it's.
Speaker 2: Under the sea bed, not under the sea.
Speaker 3: Under the sea, there's no Yeah.
Speaker 2: That makes sense because you can't have a floating tunnel. Rewind the tape.
Speaker 3: No, okay, stop googling. There's just no way you can go. How deep is the ocean the Titan sub explodeed?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think it's I don't think I think the channel is very shallow. Yes it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even think it could go under the Arrow River without my ears popping.
Speaker 2: No, it's under the sea. I'm just done a Google. It is under the sea. Is it okay?
Speaker 1: Well that I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse, because Ellie and I were picturing this like wiggly floating.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not like.
Speaker 3: You're telling me they dig under the ocean.
Speaker 2: They dig under the ocean. That's why it's like the Sydney Harbor Tunnel. You go so like you.
Speaker 3: Go Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, the Harbor tunnel. So that goes you go from from north to south.
Speaker 1: So it digs all the way deeper than the Harbor on repeat, Yes, it goes deep.
Speaker 3: They're saying, there's no way the tunnel goes that deep.
Speaker 2: Who's saying that.
Speaker 3: Who's saying that? How deep?
Speaker 4: It's not possible.
Speaker 1: Because think about how steep, like the big dippery is at Lunar Park.
Speaker 3: Not that this is kilometer, but you have to go so sharp down to get under.
Speaker 4: Yes, most tunnels, when you're driving, you're normally driving down a slope.
Speaker 1: Not for you'd have to drive for like hours to get Are you telling us through the middle of drive ten thousand meters deep through a tunnel?
Speaker 3: Is that how deep the ocean bed is? Ten thousand meters?
Speaker 2: You know? You know what I'm thinking? I think, God, I wasn't in that car, Warren, That is all I can think right.
Speaker 3: Now in traffic lots to talk talk about. We still haven't got to.
Speaker 2: The bottom of them, the tunnel to the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 1: So the tunnel doesn't actually get wet on the outside under even under.
Speaker 2: The arrow or through the error and we got calls.
Speaker 3: Would anyone know how it works?
Speaker 2: Tim You work on tunnels, right, Please?
Speaker 1: Does a tunnel get wet on the outside?
Speaker 2: How does it work?
Speaker 4: So you actually dig through the ground through the regardless.
Speaker 1: Of where you are under the water, under the water, under the water, through the air.
Speaker 4: In Brisbane under the Brisbane River, they it was seventy meters under the.
Speaker 1: Top of the seventy meters like I'm talking the channel for.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand What about that?
Speaker 4: The channel is not that deep, I believe again they went through the through the rock underneath to there.
Speaker 3: You're telling me you go under the ocean. Jesus, we've been telling you that for the last minutes.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a good Jason Lauren, Jason.
Speaker 3: Lauren wake up feeling good on number one hundred.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren Bollyvod on socials