Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Producers Podcast.
Speaker 2: Is this the first producers party on Nova?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I used to do one in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: No, I mean Jason, Lauren and Nova. All right, calm down, yes, okay, so it's currently survey break. It is, hence why we're doing a producers party now, JLC right now. But let's do a roll call gen Z present, Pez Dispenser.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Big, Baby Boy, Big and Jesse. I'm here. Hello everyone, Hello, Hello, how's everyone going? It's very quiet, isn't it's a bit or what not? I well, this is first producers party because we've reached survey break, and good god, we really need survey break.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've never I've watched radio for a while now, never needed it. More surprisingly, it coincides with having joined this show that I've never needed it more so that tuns you a fair bit behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: I started so much later than everyone else, and I am nack it like.
Speaker 2: It's also worth noting as well that we went longer into the year than all their shows usually do before they take survey break. I don't know, I don't know why we did that. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But now everything's like, well horrible.
Speaker 1: Because it does link up with school holidays, everything like triples and press.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you want to go away?
Speaker 4: I wanted to go home and I looked at flights the other day.
Speaker 2: And home is like Flighty can almost where the Herridays Brody home is p Diddy. Oh you can't do that.
Speaker 1: He's canceled Douglas. But you're flying to Cans anyway. From Melbourne to Cans a one way flight was five hundred.
Speaker 4: And ten dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I do not have a.
Speaker 1: Grand to spend for like a three day weekend get away.
Speaker 6: We flit a.
Speaker 5: Bali last survey break and it honestly it cost the same as like flying to Europe.
Speaker 4: It was to Europe. Have we not been recordings?
Speaker 7: Really struggling with the panel.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering because do the hockey faders need to be in record as well?
Speaker 4: Oh we're still learning guys. By the way, Well.
Speaker 2: That's fucked because oh no they automatically going do they? Yeah, but you don't. You don't usually need to do that.
Speaker 6: As some lotion into.
Speaker 4: The microphone Suzus hand cream.
Speaker 6: But was that loses.
Speaker 7: Where is it from?
Speaker 4: It is from Elizabeth Arden, New York.
Speaker 7: Sounds does a bit more than the dove that I use at home.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, what are we all doing with a survey break?
Speaker 4: We're all working, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have two weeks off now, and we've got a heap of time.
Speaker 1: Here's wow, I'm surrounded by so many boys.
Speaker 4: I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: That's weird because we are colleagues.
Speaker 7: A little a little four or one action.
Speaker 6: No signs in the bathroom about that? Do you have them in your bathroom as well?
Speaker 4: No, it's just in the boys. I think.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Im mobylicious, trying to steal mine.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to look for a plug.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's not that, it's not.
Speaker 4: There's one right here. I'm in the wrong one.
Speaker 7: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Took in the wrong hole. I'm actually not really doing too much, That's what he said. I'm not. I'm not taking any time off because I need my annual leave. Because I'm taking time off in August, when we're not in survey break, when the show will be on, I'll be deserting all of y'all because I need to go back to my Homeland, and because some friends of mine are getting married, so I'll be reading.
Speaker 6: A script is that on her phone?
Speaker 2: Two of my very best friends who I love dearly are getting married. No, but so I'm not taking any time off, but saying that, actually a busy week of survey break because I've got a lot on. I've got like along to the theater and going to the cinema a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Theater are you going to see at the theater?
Speaker 2: I'm going to see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf Me?
Speaker 7: It's a book? Well, it's it's a book adaptation, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably isn't Isn't that kind of the stick though, like a theater production will have started as a book A lot of them do.
Speaker 7: I believe.
Speaker 2: I'm also going to see a street car name Desire.
Speaker 7: Sorry never, Well.
Speaker 6: That's what that is. Well spoilers, I mean I know that meme, but.
Speaker 5: No, that's just like very like high into popular culture.
Speaker 7: One of five of us knew what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard of it, but I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I don't know what. I think I've seen the Simpsons parody that once at some point, I'm like, does.
Speaker 5: A street name desire as a as a actress? Which she does the play that's when she does.
Speaker 7: Verry Perry is a very much a creative Perry was. Perry was a stand up comedian in the form.
Speaker 4: Yes we did realized didn't know that, Oh my god, or.
Speaker 2: Do some gear? Do some GEARA You should.
Speaker 1: Play them the clip that you showed us on the way home on our our drive the other day.
Speaker 5: Warren would have to link it through if we can look pull it up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a way.
Speaker 6: What's that on?
Speaker 4: Why don't I just put it into the mic?
Speaker 2: Is it on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I hang on a minute, please.
Speaker 7: You couldn't get the mic up before.
Speaker 6: Are even recording this right now?
Speaker 2: I wanted you don't need to press records.
Speaker 4: I wanted Chess to do like a group roasting, like.
Speaker 6: Roasting, I need to get everyone.
Speaker 5: I was very roasty at my old job, to the point where we were going to do a team roast and they canceled it because they thought that I would upset.
Speaker 4: You know, I'd fucking love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, swear on this.
Speaker 3: Also, having seen a little bit of Perry's stand up comedy, all of that's not even appropriate for this podcast.
Speaker 7: We talk about everything here.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I need to black story. You were actually Oh yeah, you went in the car.
Speaker 7: I were in the car.
Speaker 5: Well, So before radio, I did comedy for like seven, seven to eight years.
Speaker 2: Like full time professionally.
Speaker 6: Well I did it.
Speaker 5: No, so I still had to work out. I wasn't successful enough to quit my day job. I had to work at day job. But I was quite good and had quite a lot of it was good, quite a lot of success. I was on Triple Jay as good as Fridays two years in a row.
Speaker 7: Present to it around.
Speaker 5: I did some shows in America. I did shows in China, in Shanghai, I did shows in Tokyo and.
Speaker 2: A touring comedian.
Speaker 5: Yeah so I did the comedy festival. Well yeah, so my dreams died at COVID. So I got to twenty twenty, and then all the gigs started to dry up, and I realized I was thirty years old and didn't have any career plane and decided that I wanted to get back into radio. So here I am now living at my other I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't try it.
Speaker 6: It's okay.
Speaker 2: So did you ever? Did you ever bomb all the time.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yes, there was very little good gigs in Melbourne. And there's many open mics where you performed to, Like.
Speaker 6: What's the weirdest crowd you've had to perform too were in front of?
Speaker 5: That is a great question. I mean I've done gigs to literally two people before and crushed. Actually they didn't bomb that gig.
Speaker 7: That was quite good.
Speaker 5: That was I died to thirty people and I've crushed to two people, so that was quite That was quite odd. When you're just like looking at two direct people in the front row, I can't well, they have.
Speaker 6: To laugh because you're making eye contact with them, right, It's like they.
Speaker 4: Have nowhere else to look.
Speaker 6: The worst kicks to do.
Speaker 5: There was so one of like the notorious Melbourne open mics I don't know if it's still running was at Lucky Cock on Chapel Stream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the trivia nights.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I'm thinking of host that.
Speaker 4: Trivia You probably hosted me one time.
Speaker 3: At Lucky Cock on a Wednesday. I worked with the guy that used to run it, and he was away a couple of times and he's like.
Speaker 7: That this is my big gig. Can you fill in for it?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Stop?
Speaker 1: Did you do this back in like twenty Yeah, this is when I was working nineteen.
Speaker 3: I was worked at like an ASEX company doingducing for like another some other stuff and I would do it at night and she loved it.
Speaker 7: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: But I probably was at one of your.
Speaker 7: Tribute Yeah, Andy was his name. He used to do it.
Speaker 2: I think I think I found some of it.
Speaker 6: What if you faild?
Speaker 2: Oh god, this would be anything Harry the Melbourne Comedy Festival or was you rather a different clip?
Speaker 6: Let me have a look. Can I see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's stuff that you've allloaded yourself. The Melbourne Comedy Festival. One looks very professional best in Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hosted a comedy night once. It was for Crohn's disease, and I don't know, I was went to be like the guy.
Speaker 6: That's an odd pairing. It was.
Speaker 7: It was odd, and I was the hope.
Speaker 3: So I would like interlude between the comedians and we had a dry rehearsal and there was probably like sixty ish people there for this thing, or seventy maybe, And in the dry rehearsal, I absolutely killed it. It was perfect, it was seamless, it was funny, nailed it. I was like it pissed and it was and it was. I was making them laugh as much as the comedians. But it was all just working beautifully. And then it came to the actual thing when there was a crowd and I bombed.
Speaker 7: It was so weird, It was so weird.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether I tried to do know whether I tried to recreate the same thing that had worked so well in rehearsal that then what actually came to the thing. The delivery wasn't strong or whatever, and it just did not work. And I was like, this sucks this.
Speaker 8: I'll give you two here one here you don't need to search on the first comedian on this one, okay, and then this one here you might have to scrub is this to open it and scrub it halfway through?
Speaker 7: Well I'm not hearing that, by the way. No no, no no, we can't play the yard.
Speaker 3: Premium, but we're legit Died Coles will love it, mate, I who are playing it?
Speaker 6: Here we go on in a minute.
Speaker 5: It's hard to argue with that evidence.
Speaker 7: This guy's awesome. There you go, here we go, here we go, alright, everyone.
Speaker 2: Choke perry On?
Speaker 5: Was that Melbourne how are you so going to be doing comedy here in Melbourne? Especially because I leave here and most of my things are here, so that's nice. But just give us a big rand of applause if you are if you like to masturbate, good cheer. Jesus is about to turn in his grave.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of you.
Speaker 5: Look, I learned this tip the other day. Someone told me this. I wasn't aware of this, did you guys know?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: If you sit on your hand long enough before you masturbate, it'll feel like someone else, which I think is why my ex girlfriend always wanted to sit on my face.
Speaker 7: Benny, are you?
Speaker 2: Are you off? For a while? There was that?
Speaker 5: No, that's just the one. So that one's just the joker on. So if you click to the other link there there's one more joke if you guys want to listen to that one as well.
Speaker 6: Afferent the old ghost Dutch rudder.
Speaker 2: Right, oh yeah, this one?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Is there?
Speaker 2: Keep that round of applause going for your first comedian Perry Cassi and as Fridays, what's up?
Speaker 5: I want to tell you guys about the funniest shirt that I've ever seen in my entire life. I was walking down the street and I saw this guy with this T shirt on and across the T shirt it just said London, Paris, Sydney, Frankston, which is, yeah, that's a pretty good joke. Only about half of you got it. That's okay, it's subtle. I'll give you that. So if you have missed it, I'll explain what they've done with the joke. It's it's super funny. So what they've done with this joke the makers of the shirt is they've they've gone and listed three places with nightlife and culture and then Sydney, who cheers.
Speaker 3: And he's got overalls on in this clip, Jesus Strong Strong, that's so cool, cool man.
Speaker 6: That joke reminds me of I was watching the Queen documentary, you know, the Bohemian Rhapsity movie or whatever, and when he's doing a worldwide tour, they're listing all these place names as like big names that Queen is touring in their first big international tour, and it's like London, Las Vegas, Perth was just like, what the hell is Perth doing in this list?
Speaker 2: Big audience, That's okay, we should get you back on stage.
Speaker 5: I'd love to do comedy again. It's always hard to do now that you've been out. I've been out of it since. Was the last gig was literally the start of twenty twenty. Was the last gig I did, and then COVID hit and then I just never got back into it. But it's also like it's a super hard hustle, Oh my god night as well.
Speaker 1: So that's kind I have an idea what he could open Bingo Loco.
Speaker 2: Ah, you could probably host Bingo Loko, to be honest, it'd be funnier than me. No, because at home, a lot of the a lot of the hosts for the shows are comedians because it's like, you know, there's just some money earner for them.
Speaker 6: That's quite popular here.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of people because obviously most comedians struggle to make money here. There's not a lot of paying gigs, so a lot of people do like Bingo Nights. I think I was saying to these guys out there, the only comedian that I know that's like eventuated into a career is now Triple J Breakfast Toast. So it's it's not a great money making scheme, which is why I sort of gave it up in the end as well.
Speaker 2: But a good skill to have, bastard. Yes, it's so good. I think we should get back on stage.
Speaker 5: Well, the guys don't know that yet. I don't think they know that bit of information about me.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Leave wisely, we'll see if they actually listen to this podcast, because we won't say anything, and then we'll come back when and we'll see if anyone of them says anything.
Speaker 6: I would place a bit right now.
Speaker 7: They don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 6: One one one, one person out of the three will listen to this podcast and really exactly who it is. Who do you think Take a guess. If you had to pick one one of the hosts, it will not be Lurrie, I reckon, I reckon plenty. The one that's got a chance of having will hear this organically without someone telling him to go listen to it?
Speaker 1: What I feel like, so we could do everyone needs a fun fact, So like each episode, we should do a different fun fact about each one of us, and then that's how they know.
Speaker 4: If that's how we know if they listen.
Speaker 2: They'll come back in. They'll be like, guys, I listened to the producers that it's a silly little podcast when we're away and did you know that Perry is a comedian, and then to plant little easter eggs in the podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll end the episode here and Jazz come back on the next episode and give us I'm not going to your fun fact.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, let me go off and think for a few days.
Speaker 6: Play us out.
Speaker 2: Oh we don't do that. No, Jase doesn't do a play song anymore because.
Speaker 4: He just plays the closer.
Speaker 2: He just plays this standard next generic bed.
Speaker 6: It's in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, though I know what it is. Hang on a minute, Hang on, what do you think it is? Feel good number one? But that's discoss, that's try I feel that's try I feel good number two.
Speaker 6: Give us not terrible? To give us action, Elsie, yes.
Speaker 2: Action, Elsie yes, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Isn't there an action bit in there? There's one. There's one on there.
Speaker 7: It's hang on, hang on, hanging.
Speaker 2: Than everyone else. See you next time.