Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Daily Telegraph Funeral podcast on Brent Read as usual, joined Potechnical two, Pam Wyley. How are we good? Weekend footy? There was some shocking games. That's our manly game. We're not going to talk about that game.
Speaker 2: It was diabolical. The weather was diabolical too, so I think.
Speaker 3: What were you saying to me before?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Gives the kids a chance to play, because let's.
Speaker 1: Enjoy this time of year because you're going to see some guys you never see and some guys come out of the woodwork with that he.
Speaker 2: Was guy you never saw, came out of the woodwork.
Speaker 1: Okaywork. What about some of those Tiers kids, let's start there, some of those Tiers kids on on Sunday. I mean, I was that side for that game. Camberwod terrible, just terrible. The toys were really good, they were really good.
Speaker 4: And not to take anything away from the Tigers, but the Raiders were bad. They were just off. You're completely my Raiders. So disappointing. But yeah, the Tigers. Another another kid, well more kids from the Howard Matts team that won a couple of years ago, has now debuted, you know, alongside like Gaalvin, Heath, Mason tallon the Silver.
Speaker 2: And Luke kids.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Kit was in the Howard Matt's team though, And I guess the pleasing thing about it is Gallan is back and playing some good football and has committed he backs himself and why weren't you.
Speaker 5: Was just unmarred by the discussion of.
Speaker 3: Harded him and brought him down. Yet. Yeah, it's it's really cool to see.
Speaker 5: What I thought, I think was really cool about him though, is all of this talk that's been happening about his contract and things like that, and then he just kind of comes out and does that and he's a teenager just to be able to absorb all that, yeah, and still perform, I think that's pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: Was not expecting this though.
Speaker 1: As in this performance, well, camera were really bad, but they's just started so well with Tigers, and Galvin was at the heart of that. I think he was. You know, I said they played the real confidence, they threw the ball around a bit, that it was quite an entertaining game.
Speaker 4: It was, it was, But you know who has been stood up in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: The Tigers their four pack.
Speaker 4: You know, like like with Galvin, there was there's talk about Stefano to a commander his future Samuel Faye, who is in some sort of you know, Stefano sort of stepped up a little bit. I wonder if yeh dol his back. So, yeah, there are what do you call them reading green.
Speaker 1: Shoots green shoots. He's definitely What about the Galvin decision to stay at the Foota club. Look what he said is he will honor his contract. He's got two years left in his contract, but basically it's given the Tigers twelve months. There's no extension off from the table for him. Tigers have bought themselves twelve months to convince him to stay because on November one next year he can go to market. And they basically brought themselves to November one next year to show him that they're heading in the right direction. They could make him a better football player. But it was huge to keep him right, to convince him to stay right.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that we talked about it probably a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I think, wasn't it when this.
Speaker 5: First popped up, and I said, you know, if you're not happy, it's hard to kind of convince someone to stay or to play for you if they're not happy, and he seems to have totally had to change of heart depending on whatever they've said the But it makes sense that he hang around though, right because there is change coming next year.
Speaker 3: You've got Jerome Lwai coming in.
Speaker 5: Things are potentially hopefully going to be different, So to cut and run now would be premature.
Speaker 2: Do you think he is deeply unhappy being there?
Speaker 4: Or is it more the fact that he came into the side at a time where you know they'd lost what ten in or row or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Do you think he because I did that story with him. I think it was in April where I asked him about that, like do you want to be here? Do you want to build an NROL team around these the Harold Matt's team that came that you came through with. And he is so fresh and so green that I don't think he liked to me when he said, yeah, I want to be here and we want to build a team together and sort of do what Penrith had done with our sort of pathways. So I don't know whether he's genuinely and the way he spoke about Benji and the influence that Benji's had on his game, the confidence that Benji's shown on him shown. I don't think he doesn't want to be there. I just think he's experiencing the roller coaster of being in an NRL side that isn't performing where he'd probably want them to be.
Speaker 1: I think he wanted to leave. I think a lot of people pointing the finger of his age, and this is I know Isaac. I get on well with him. I think it was really unfair on him, actually, because I think an agent's job is to represent his client and do it his client wanted, and his client, his client's parents didn't want him at the football club, and Isaac's job is therefore to press the issue and try and get change if he can get it, you know. So I think he wasn't happy. I think he genuinely wanted to leave, and I think his family thought the best thing for him was to leave. But as he sat down with Benji, he sat down with rich Oh and they've convinced him at least on the deal. I think a really tough time for him because I think it's probably the first time his life, you know, he's been a winner all his life and he's probably been a bit of a favorite at that footy club. But actually I think people turn on him a little bit. It's a really tough time for him. So for an eight year old to go through that and they come out play the way he did, it's pretty impressive people turn on I think fans turned on him a little bit lot. I think he had some bad interactions with some supporters over it and on social media, and you know, then come out and play like he did. Yeah, I think it speaks volumes for who he is as a as a person.
Speaker 3: Just fans just having a go at it.
Speaker 1: Of course. I mean, you know when when they think, when they think you're not committed to the footy club, Tiger's fan is pretty passionate. They've been through a tough time and they see an eighteen year old kid who they've who's and let's stress he is not a Tiger's kid. He's a Paramattic kid. Yes, his family of Paramatta fans. He's not as he's played. I think he swapped in his fifteen or something. Maybe I think it was he grew up a Paramatic fan the whole time. I wanted to play for Paramatta, but the Tigers see him as one of their juniors. So then see one of your juniors turn around and agitate to leave the footy club. I can understand them getting a little annoyed with that, and maybe some of them I.
Speaker 5: Can understand that. I just hate when they like, this is a kid, right and he's eighteen. Yeah, I think it's fair enough and not even really, but it's fair enough to cop to, you know, some of those senior players in the team, to cop the criticism. You're on big money, you are experienced, you know what is required. You have been a professional for ten years.
Speaker 3: You know. Blood the eighteen year old kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the thing that when you were talking about how people turn on him so quickly and he's only so young, he's only in his rookie season. It sort of has shades of Loopbooks about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He's very wary of what books he was.
Speaker 4: Exactly, And so that's fair enough to think, Oh, I don't want to be at a club where I'm going to be sort of the hope or the key guy in the harms and then be the whipping boy for the next ten years of my career. So that's something he does definitely have to think about.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jerome coming in next year is going to take a lot of heat off him. That's the biggest thing they've gotten their favor aside from you know, obviously a relationship with Benji. I think Jerome who was the biggest thing for them in terms of the Lachland Galvin, because if Jerome can come and take him under his wing and teach him how to win, and teach that footy club how to win, that'll go a long way to convince the Lock and Galvin stay. And then you see all those kids coming through that have come that he's played tun and footy with. It's can be hard to if they start to turn the corner, it's really hard to drag himself away from that group of kids as well. And it's the same like obviously the other show. I've got Stefano and I think we'll have some sort of clarity around Stefano this week. I think there'll be some talks this week around Stefano and that footy club. He was really good again yesterday. He's not off contract at the end of the year yet, but he probably will be in a matter.
Speaker 4: Of that clause kicked in yet not, so they have to be mathematically out of the.
Speaker 1: Yes, so how far that at the moment?
Speaker 2: Remind me of this table, so second last on one points and.
Speaker 1: How many wins are they for wins? How many wins is the eighth fo team eight eight? So the four wins, So you can mathematically sit and work it out. But he's probably another month away from being a free agent. Okay, so this I think. I think their plans are to chatter in this week about it and try it because there's a big offer on the table for him five years for men.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's leaving.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll take the offer. I think he'll go to market and see what's out there for him. And my gut feeling is the Tigers if they can't get him to agree this week or say to him, let's not wait four weeks, let's go out and see what's out there for you now. And you know which I think is a smart thing to do. I think it's because it because by not allowing him to do that, it doesn't allow you You've got to wait then as well, because you don't know where they're going to do. Money to stand it allows him to actually go in the marketplace and never look around as well. At the same time, and they could say to him, Luk Stefano, mate, you can you can go and have a look around if you decide you want to stay. If you come back to us in three weeks, there's no guarantee that money will still be there, because we might have gone and signed someone in the meantime.
Speaker 4: The thing is is, well, depending on what they want to sign, and it's probably say they miss out and Stafin he doesn't want to stay there. It's a forward. There probably isn't another forward on the market. Oste Fino's color buss just trying to think who is the only sort of risk depending on what they want to put in, I mean, where they want to put that money and redirect that.
Speaker 1: Actually, just got to hope that as we have every year, there's always someone somewhere who's been unsettled or you know, you could throw big money at him and you never know what happens. But the good news that the other good news that was that on dew we yeah, four hundred and thirty nine days.
Speaker 2: Apparently such a long time. Yeah, because it actually look faster.
Speaker 4: Well, he Yeah, he was able to outpace weeks, so that that's something, and the fact that you know what a way to sort of test out your thirdnee reconstruction, you know, like an eighty meter in a sept try so, and it was good to see. And also the way he just combined seemed to combine them on their side so seamlessly. With Lachlan Govern as well. They seem to have like a good connection and that is really when you think about how many halves they have at that club at the moment, Like you said, with Lui coming in, you probably think a spot in the in the centers is probably the way to go for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He would have just been flogging himself this whole time though as well, wouldn't he Just like when you're in rehab, he's just doing so much aerobic stuff, just cardio, cardio, cardio.
Speaker 1: Well, Benji was saying, he's been hassling for about three weeks. You've got to play pay and he played obviously news to the last Cup last week. Now I think he played seventy minutes to play the whole game and then obviously Justin Nolan got realed out and Benji said, mate, you're playing then he said, I run him on Saturday night just to make sure because he was actually worried that he wasn't doing the right thing by Adam and said, mate, I'm ready to go. Yeah, and he you know, he'll be great for them because he'll help Galvin, Neil help, He'll take some press sure of Caesar and yeah, you know if you got the young guys like Lala Lee, Yeah, having experienced go like him in your back line. And he's a good center. He's a really good center. Yeah, there's some positive signs.
Speaker 2: There are some, like I said, Green shoots.
Speaker 1: Them as opposed to the Warriors, there weren't many positive signs out of them on the weekend. What is doing that was horrific.
Speaker 2: It was so bad.
Speaker 1: What's gone on there?
Speaker 3: There's look Joy mean to go through some of these starts here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with the Fox Sports Lab twelve errors, forty six missed tackles, they had a sixty.
Speaker 3: Nine percent completion rate and just one line break.
Speaker 4: I think thirty of those forty six missed tackles. Was it was like in the first half, obviously that's a team that didn't come ready for you know, the physicality.
Speaker 2: Of an NRL game.
Speaker 4: Or even just with the right attitude, and it was just it's strange because they this looks, this looks more like the Warriors teams of the past, a sort of Jeckle and Hyde as opposed to the Warriors team of twenty twenty three that were tough, that were gritty, were effort based, and then on the back of all that, you know, you got to see their strike weapons in attack, but just wasn't there, Like even to Murray Marden, who'd been in some good form over the last couple of weeks, was just you know, a shadow of himself. Sean Johnson's sort of been, you know, not that great anonymous. Yeah he has, he has, but in his defense, he has been managing a painful achilles injury just about all year and then he had a break and then he's come back and again not himself. But I think the most disappointing thing is just on the back of the support that they've got at the moment that, you know, that wave of support, that ground swill of support for them to be dishing up something like that.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 2: Terrible sorry about that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was just hard tackle.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean that yeah.
Speaker 3: But these things happen, doesn't it. Like with the Warrior.
Speaker 5: I think with the Warriors especially, like when they're just down on their luck, things just snowball.
Speaker 3: And it just gets worse and worse and worse. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is just like a commitment in defense though as well.
Speaker 1: And the.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just thought maybe even with Roger Roger back and yeah absolutely.
Speaker 4: But the thing is they're thirteenth now and they've got it's.
Speaker 5: Like no one's even We're watching some of these footage now and just no one's even.
Speaker 1: Such a good player, yeah, such a good player.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, they're thirteenth now. Games against Brisbane and Canbrey coming up. Those two games, considering how they played here, are going to be tough for them, and you know, their finals hopes are hanging by thread now and again considering what they're trying to do over in New Zealand, that is true really disappointing that they can't back up twenty twenty three with the finals appearance this year.
Speaker 1: But yeah, on the Titans, has La just quickly on the worst. I wonder whether Fania Blake's become a distraction for them because obviously he's leaving the end of the year, and Adams the sort of guy who can be difficult when I think things aren't going He's going his way, and he's.
Speaker 2: Obviously his agitating friend.
Speaker 1: And I don't know that he's agitating for an earlier release, but I consider giving him one just to remove the distraction. I don't think they will. I don't think Carnella well, actually Cronella could do with him, couldn't they At the moment. I don't know whether Carnella's got the cash to fit him in, but if on Cronella, I'd be they've got to a June thirty. What's the day today?
Speaker 2: It is a twenty four.
Speaker 1: I'd be asking the question the next six days of the worries. Can I get a Can we get Adam Fanil Blake if they can find the cash somewhere, because you've only got a payin for July or septemb October four months now. He's on huge money, He's on about a million bucks. You've got to find two hundred and fifty grand in a cellary cap. I don't know whether they've got it, but if they have, I'd be trying to get Fanilla Blake now because My feeling is he's it's not working out in theory.
Speaker 5: What then could the Warriors do with that?
Speaker 1: Well, I can potentially try and find someone. I'm not sure whether they could find anyone now, but you can. You've got six days to try and see what's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but see, that's another thing, like when you think about last year, we were talking about Adam Fanoel Blakers potentially being the best prop in the game that had overtaken painhas or is this year again just super inconsistent and has it been as impactful as it was for them in the past. But yeah, that's an interesting one. It's if you're going to make a run for the finals, you need guys like Adam Fanoeur Blake in your side.
Speaker 2: So it's a.
Speaker 4: Test for a website to see if you can get guys like Sean Johnson, who was so important for them as well, guys like Adam fanoel Blake firing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you're right what you said earlier about it's a shame because the game's going so well over there, like so well, Yeah, I like the Broncost game has been sold out for here's something's been there for weeks or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well I think they saw that every home game this year. But again, that all happened on the back of their success last year. And I think they can't take for granted the fact that Enterhal fans can be pretty fickle, you know what I mean, Like they missed the finals, they start having heavy defeats like this, fans will will stop showing up, you know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, they need to be better.
Speaker 5: Especially if it's just a when you're looking at it and it's just a lack of commitment, you're seeing them being just easily beaten and you can see that there's no like the effort is just not there, Like they were just not communicating in defense whatsoever.
Speaker 3: They were just it was a shame.
Speaker 1: Because they actually they actually look like a really good team at times.
Speaker 5: And then that's thing, and there's been so so many times this year where they've looked great.
Speaker 1: Speaking of teams that look great at times this year, Stone because the Tigers and Titans won, Eels had dropped to last and all ladders.
Speaker 4: Who would have all eighteen The Ils have won as many games this year as the Tigers and the Titans. Wow, that is really kind of come on for a team that is a powerhouse club Grand Final in twenty twenty two, wows at the coach on top of that, and then when you look at their roster and paper, they should be doing better than one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a decent roster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I still think I don't think they'll finished last though, Do you think they'll finished last?
Speaker 2: I think they've They've got too good of a team.
Speaker 4: Like of those guys of the teams justling for the wooden spoon, I think they're probably by far.
Speaker 2: Got the best.
Speaker 1: Who's just splain that there you going.
Speaker 2: I reckon the Tiger.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm like, yeah, I'm beginning to drink some of the Tigers school later. I don't want them to finish last. But yeah, there's still ten weeks and it's a young team and you know it's a long time.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? They need to hasten. It's difficult for them to hasten the search for a new head coach because Josh had as in origin camp. But do they need to get rid along with that paramatta? So they actually there's some clarity there or.
Speaker 3: Potentially yeah, because the.
Speaker 5: What are the kind of the players are kind of in a bit of Nomad's land at the moment, Aren't they like what what is doing?
Speaker 1: And you can't like roster decisions?
Speaker 5: Yeah and yeah, and I think the fans are pretty off it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blast Lunge. He's sort of hovering around trying to make it and he's not going to make a decision, I think until I know the coaches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are your what are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: Well, the Hannah thing makes it difficult, right because they've got to wait for him to finish Origin. He's got a Cronulla game. Dean Young's obviously now being floated. He was the one we missed. We missed one the whole time we knew there was one we missed. It was Dean Young. So obviously it's Hannae, Royle's and Young. I still think it's out of Hannah and Ryles. I still think Roles is the one for me, But people keep saying that Hanna's got his nose in front.
Speaker 4: It's interesting because if Jason Rawles goes to the Eels, does that open up a coaching job for Madge at the Storm.
Speaker 1: Well, Roles he's not really. He's sort of an assistant there, but he's not really an assistant. I mean there assistance to Mark Brennell and Aaron Bellamy and and Roles is more of a pathways leadership go down there. He doesn't, but he's not technically, I don't think he's got an assistant role. So, you know, I don't think it really, I don't think. I don't think that's what Madge wants to do. I think Madge wants to be coaching, right, I think Madge wants to be a head coach.
Speaker 3: Ideally, Trent Barrett is totally out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's gone. Yeah, yeah, I don't even know if Trent made the cut. I think it's I think he missed out. So yeah, it's crucial I keep a guy that Blaze to Lungey, you know, because as I said, I think they've got some decisions to make that roster. It feels like it's a bit old and Blazers. Yet still it's a bit it's an aging roster and Blaze, so it's crucially they keep him. But the longer they wait to put a coach, the more I think there's a few club sniff around in the Dragons the Knights. The more risk is that maybe those clubs turn his head, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well did they have Is it a money thing with him or is it just sort of.
Speaker 2: A future thing.
Speaker 1: So I think it's more a future thing with him. I don't think money issue.
Speaker 3: What do you think they do with Gutho? Where do you think his future?
Speaker 1: Probably depends what happens with Blaze and they keep.
Speaker 3: I think they're tired.
Speaker 5: I think it's one like their futures are kind of linked in that way.
Speaker 1: I think if Blaze stays, then maybe Guff moves. Maybe wait, see the Dogs are a bit more settled though, or they cheers, but they did, they got touched up a little bit of the week. Really good football team. I'm really happy for Brandon Smith back and thought he was outstanding for the Roosters. Brandon Smith. So this was a big game for the Dogs and beat the Roosters earlier the year, didn't they There was a chance to sort of stand up and show that they're a legit team this year, and I thought they got They got pretty dominated.
Speaker 3: To be fair, they really did.
Speaker 5: You know one thing, I really I did love to see Brandon Smith killing it. But I think on the Buy Around podcast earlier this week. I just loved the way that he spoke about the criticism that he's copped and he just kind of like owns up to it and totally accepts it and takes accountability for his actions.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was really great. So good for him for.
Speaker 5: Kind of doing that and then putting in a performance which they've obviously.
Speaker 1: I would say, like, I love hearing that form Brandon too, but actions speak louder than.
Speaker 5: Totally and that's why he needed to perform.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I know Cannby beat them earlier in the year, but considering the point that it is at the season, the fact that a top four spot was up for graps for them, I thought it was a real litmus test. And I know they didn't have Critter and I know Bronson Cheria was out, but yeah, they were a little bit disappointing.
Speaker 1: You in good skeleton.
Speaker 2: Skeleton went went really good.
Speaker 1: Almost killed someone who was almost killed with that tackle.
Speaker 2: That was a power rough night.
Speaker 1: The week people were bluing that four weeks wasn't enough, I thought it was okay because you Tracy.
Speaker 5: Tracy was It's on part with the one right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was a fair was a fair whack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: But yeah on on Canterbury, I mean yeah, I felt like this was going to be a real test for them. Zero pulled the pull the interesting position switch right at the death. It was probably been planned all week with Burden going into the centers. It was interesting because a lot of people still think that center is Burden's best position. I was one of those people. But after watching that and yeah, no it's not going and maybe it is in the long term, but until they have a better option in the halves and Burden, who's all of a sudden found his feet and has been paying some really good footy.
Speaker 2: It was a very.
Speaker 4: Weird decision to make because I really feel like it blunted their attack. And then that left side where Burton was with kickout sort of got very little quality ball and I.
Speaker 2: Think that didn't help them as well.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Matt Burton is is definitely a half in my opinion now, at least until they find a better option.
Speaker 3: So they haven't made final since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: It's too long.
Speaker 4: I know, I have to go back and check that, so I won't be Yeah, even.
Speaker 5: Just that they've missed a chance to go into the top four that they are in the position to compete for top four spot is yep.
Speaker 1: That was when the great Man des was there, wasn't sixteen? Yeah, yeah, great man. Let's move on the state of origin. There's been a bit of a feisty build up, a little bit feisty.
Speaker 4: Has you found yourself with a sick of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well Billy and I haven't spoken to Billy since.
Speaker 3: But imagine I didn't text you.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't text me, You didn't text me back. He brushed me. Mad Madge sort of had a go, did he. It's very unlock mad He's.
Speaker 2: Very Actually know what Madge meant when he was.
Speaker 1: Miles It was a billy.
Speaker 2: It was a billy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, basically for those who have been off the air, Queen's Queen's living in glasshouses only. The criticism of Joseph sil you know, and got stirred up a little bit and Billy's brushed it, hasn't responded, hasn't reacted, very mature of Billy, were very ripped in and the war of words going on. They will go after Brishwalsh again. I think it's pretty clear.
Speaker 5: Or I think so. I think, well not obviously to take his head off. Yeah, but obviously you have to target the most electric player, right, he has a huge influence on the results. Of course he's going to cop a bit of attention. I love this thought.
Speaker 3: Wow, at least looks like something.
Speaker 4: Otherwise have been a pretty sort of stale, very polite, so polite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's been good. No major injuries, Leam Martin and I okay, you know obviously the games at the MCG, big crowd down there. Who you tippy, what do you got?
Speaker 2: What you ask us every tirement you expect.
Speaker 3: I think team players on the field different.
Speaker 5: I don't like hearing you know what an amazing Queensland performance it was, because I just think in game one, because I just think, well, of course it's easy to be amazing when you're.
Speaker 3: Down to man, I really think I think, yeah.
Speaker 5: But no, I think it's I think it's the Blues. I think they've made changes that make sense. I didn't I thought Burton should have been there because I think that he's kind of waited, and you know, he's been that eighteen spand for quite a while, so I thought he should have been there in some capacity. But otherwise, I think all the changes that have been made make sense. I can't wait to see Latrelle on this stage again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's going to be a cracker y.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I tend to agree.
Speaker 4: I think in terms of the changes that he's made, has made the right changes.
Speaker 2: I think Mitch Moses will be.
Speaker 4: Crucial for what you know, for the outcome for the Blues, the trill Mitchell as well.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'm review.
Speaker 4: I would have thought, you know, Burden's probably if I wanted a utility on their bench, I probably would have gone burdened. But I don't think kind of what's like, kind of what's is not going to let anyone down, right, you get played, you can cover just about every position in the back line. I never I don't really understand the criticism that pain hass gets about sort of not you know, living up to expectations at Origin there will.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so good at club level. He's so dominant a club level. Yeah, I just I can't remember. I can't remember Pain ever standing out in the State of Origin game. I can't remember watching the State of Origin game. Man, He's been good tonight, He's always solid, always does his job. But it's those guys some guys are they get measured that the bar is high for them because they're so good in club clubland. When they don't when they don't know, origin's harder. But that's what really good Origin plays do, right, They elevate their game when they play State of Origin. And I just I just can't remember Pain ever. He's always been good. He's never really been great, he's never been poor, he's just been good.
Speaker 5: He's just been so you would love to see him run through queens What.
Speaker 2: Are we saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting because even though like you see Painhass in person, he's this big like dude, but he's also quite kind of and you know, I wonder when people say, oh, you want to see more from him, it's that sort of him being that kind of enforesight, that an aggressive player who's and he's just not that he's not that kind of player. I'm expensive on you. He's got no like, no issue with that. But yeah, maybe it has more of the fact to do that we haven't necessarily had a forward pack as like as a as a whole rather than an individual sort of dominate Queensland for a very long time. So I mean, I think guys adding people like Spence to that pack helps, but I still, yeah, if I'm I don't necessarily disagree that we're probably missing another sort of real like hard as Nawls Mongol type and force in.
Speaker 3: The park prediction by how much? I think eight just what's in.
Speaker 1: I think we keep talking about how new sets down QUEENSWN the twelve players. We're also forgetting Responsh and he played seven minutes and he is dynamite, so you know, I think I think that'll be the difference. I think Resposhill play eighty and he'll be made again. What about the women's game, the women's State of Always game, I'm excited about this has been a great series.
Speaker 5: It actually has been a great series. So it's yes, it's in Towns on Thursday night. It is expected to be a sellout, but it hasn't officially sold out yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, so get your tickets.
Speaker 3: Definitely on track.
Speaker 5: This was a great gal Yeah, this is absolutely It was so tense. This was a very This was just a classic origin game. Obviously, New South Wales lost. I think it was twelve thirteen. Get a result in this one in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. So Lauren Brown Queensland hooker slotted just a great field goal. I don't know how the ball bounced the ground was it was a horrendous reign. But yeah, she sealed the result for Queensland and sent this to a decider, which is super exciting considering it's the first time I've had three games, so this will be We're about to see the field goal here.
Speaker 1: The standards really good. I'll tell you what was really good. What's done in the nine in women's game two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the standard that yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I know. It was a great result for the girls.
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just you can see the investment.
Speaker 5: You can actually see the return on investment is starting to show some of these Yeah, some of the players are just incredible.
Speaker 3: Some of the girls coming through.
Speaker 5: Casey Ray so she was the half back for New South Wales in the other night.
Speaker 3: So she's niece of Glenn.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just some outstanding talent coming through. I can't wait to see them in the Anner or w this year. But then the potentially hopefully they get their debuts this year, especially well they will in the next couple of years anyway. But so no change for the Blues, but the Maroons have Ciena la Fipo, so she has been ruled out with PCL after game two, and then she was yeah, and then Destiny Brill so she was a hooker. She came off the bench and she had suffered.
Speaker 3: A calf injury in the last couple of days. So she's out three or four weeks.
Speaker 1: Underdog. She had a game decimated by injury. Back to the wall.
Speaker 2: They're playing at home, exactly ground advantage.
Speaker 3: Last year they did there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we are on one. Yeah, so what are you thinking. I think it's going to.
Speaker 3: I think win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I impartial, and that I am being impartial. I think there's been just a consistent team the Yeah, they lost by field goal in Game two, and they should have been all over that because Louren Brown was going to be the girl to kick it if there was going to be anyone.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they'll make that same mistake.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon?
Speaker 4: I think that the Blues were really unlucky in that second game. I feel like they were probably the better They're probably being the better team through both games of this series.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for me, it's the Blues.
Speaker 4: I reckon by six.
Speaker 1: Points a Queens and wins. Another thriller, field thriller. Maybe another field goal in it too, it's another thriller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it definitely be another type contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when does a women's comp start? July and July?
Speaker 5: Okay, in the they're in the pre season and there's only nine rounds again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then.
Speaker 5: Next year it goes to twelve teams and then so it'll be longer again. Yeah, so we're growing.
Speaker 3: But it's good.
Speaker 5: I'm glad they're doing it slowly because then we actually see quality games.
Speaker 1: That's fair cool. Okay, what are you watching this week? Who're going to start with? Who wants to get first? Love your thoughts? Let's I love this shot. So we we've only just discovered this show.
Speaker 5: They just discovered it the boys, So I think it's on Is it on Prime?
Speaker 3: I think it's on Brime? So it is about Yeah, I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I didn't know this existed, but we started watching it over the weekend, and so it's about kind of like a vigilante group of civilians who are trying to get revenge or trying to stop these superheroes that live in public. They were out and about. They're Superstar of the World. But they are badly behaved.
Speaker 1: That's all of them, all them, just most of them.
Speaker 3: They're evil.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they're getting one back against the superheroes and then so essentially fighting against people who have crazy.
Speaker 1: Powers just to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm only about four or five episodes I think into season one, but I have loved it.
Speaker 3: It's like a dark comedy. It's quite very good show, but loving it.
Speaker 2: I'm watching Eric at the moment.
Speaker 4: So it's sort of like a missing person's Is it a crime thriller mystery type thing that involves a puppet that comes to life?
Speaker 3: Is it like a horror a bit of a thriller?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's like a horror Chucky.
Speaker 1: Murder the female doll?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's a female doll? Aout? This is going to annoy me or something?
Speaker 1: Doesn't?
Speaker 3: Hang on, I'm going to google and take about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've seen this this on Netflix here, isn't it? It's apparently good too.
Speaker 2: It is going to cumber Batch, Benedicts the great names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a Puppets television in this, Yes, so the puppet is not as murderous as Chucky. Yeah, yeah, it's not Annabel. He's like a figment of the kid's imagination.
Speaker 1: So people out there don't know about Chucky because he's quite old. Yeah, it's from my time, surprise, you guys know about it.
Speaker 5: I think my cousin actually maybe watching when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Yea and pet cemetery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. It's a good storyline, well written.
Speaker 1: You guys are gone with pretty graphic and violent shows. I'm going with a real, real, this is real. Well actually this wasn't my choice, my wife, but what Palm Royale together? It's on.
Speaker 3: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: It's got Christine Chris, Christine Wig. Is it Christian Week? Yeah, yeah, and I'm sort of we're sort of that far into it. We can't I can't stop, I can't leave. But we've been watching this for a couple of weeks now. We watched like an episode and the kids are going to bed it looks and watch it.
Speaker 2: Watch.
Speaker 1: It's about this woman, Kristin Wig, who goes to I think it's Palm Springs and wants to be part of the elite in Palm Springs. So it's about what she does to be part of the elite. Yeah, so yeah she is. Yeah, so she's quite funny. It's quite It's it's all right. It's not bad if you're looking for something, doesn't challenge the mind too much and you just want to sit there and I do love that drift away.
Speaker 3: Look at me when you said that, I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: It's okay. It's actually got a really good cast. There's a lot of famous people in this in this movie movie. Sorry is that? Lord? Yeah, it's I can't remember what year it said. You asked me too many questions. I haven't really watched that. Yeah, I sort of switched off a bit. But you can watch it without.
Speaker 2: But you're watching it.
Speaker 1: The wife and I we don't watch too many shows together. We're watching this one together.
Speaker 3: So you've got to find one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Leslie Bibb who cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad, it's not bad. It's okay. Anyway, that's a good note to end on one for you, you and the wife to send and watch together if you feel like it will you and your husband. You're female listener, Thanks for joining us, and good luck Queensland. We'll see you next week.