Speaker 1: Welcome to L three sixty Rugby League. From every angle, bats you buy Ford Everest joining me, the Great Gordon Tallis in the Journal Australian Buzz Rock and Brent Reid and on a weekend of rugby League it was the Broncos are back, the sharkis well, they're nose diving and the Rooster's really they're going right, they're going.
Speaker 2: They came out they Yeah, never in doubt, bro never doubt, that's for sure. Yeah, maybe maybe I did.
Speaker 1: Have you changed your mind?
Speaker 2: I've said on here several times break I think Frent Robinson's coaching his socks off at the moment, and I stand by that he's doing a great job with them.
Speaker 1: Really well. Put the line through them.
Speaker 2: I did put a line through them about two months ago.
Speaker 1: Said they wouldn't be in contention. What about the Sharks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, disappointing, mate. I can't defend them here.
Speaker 4: You can't blow sixteen point leads the manner in which they did yesterday.
Speaker 3: Very very disappointing.
Speaker 1: We're going to have to defend them in about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Best Brady, it's hard to do.
Speaker 1: You always do your best. I love your opinions to Tom Draboviach has front of the media as the superstar fallback makes a move into the centers and mainly desperately try to get this season back on track.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, it's that's just all external noise to us. We know where we want to go as as a footy club, and and yeah, that that's a a certain noise we're not going to get to us where we're focused on what we need to do.
Speaker 2: How'd you go on your set on the h Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good, Yeah, I went, well what did you have to say?
Speaker 7: What you do?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to go into everything that was discussed. It's just not a platform to do that.
Speaker 2: It's on the decision you to go to center this sweet is that one you made?
Speaker 5: Look, it's it's a decision that I think when you look at it. Obviously I had a lot of being pot from the coaches, but you know, we've got someone like Layer. There's a very good fallback and some different change for me and one of I'm excited for.
Speaker 2: I had the coaches done studies and all that with you, and there wasn't that much difference in the physicality at all. Is that is that right?
Speaker 5: Or so? I don't really dive too deeply into those studies. You'd have to ask someone smarter than meat and do it that out Danny, but at it, yeah, you have to ask him. I'm not I'm not hun. I'm not going to stand him before you. I'm an expert and physical output when it comes to playing in position. But all I know is I'm excited.
Speaker 1: This Friday night, that was a bit awkward there with Denny Turbo Thoms, Avoid's superstar fullback now center. Gordy says that the decision seems to be obviously made by the coaches. Do we think he looks or he's unhappy about it?
Speaker 7: I suppose it'd probably be a little bit of a hit to the ego because that was his position and he's arguably one of the best fullbacks ever to grace the footy field. But I think the injuries that he's had, the way Hop Hop Award he's playing, I think the move, you know, may have sort of forced their hand a little bit.
Speaker 1: Really you were there or were you there?
Speaker 2: You mean, didn't we got into the side break that was the TV interview that.
Speaker 8: Newspapers No, no, no, I didn't don't start me off. Look, he was disappointed there's no doubt about that break. When we spoke to him to the side, I actually said, we are shocked by and he said, yeah, definitely. And you know, he's a great player who's made his name as a great fullback in this game. And I don't blame him for being you'd be disappointed if he wasn't disappointed. Yes, in the fact he's been moved, and I don't think this is necessary a permanent thing.
Speaker 2: I think this will be. The reason he's been moved is get his confidence back, get some belief back in his body. And I think once he gets that, I think he'd be back at full back.
Speaker 1: Was it in the media before he found out?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, Broth. I think he found out at that meeting. He had those mid season reviews they had on Monday last week, and I think he knew about it. He was informed about it, and then it came out after that.
Speaker 4: So I find this a bit disrespectful to the player.
Speaker 3: We talk in all time club legend. We're talking.
Speaker 4: I've seen Slater, I've seen t Desk, I've seen Turbo, and Turbo is right up there and the best fullback I've ever seen play this game. And to move to such a dramatic move from wearing that number one jersey which he's owned at that football club for a very.
Speaker 3: Long period of time. It needs to be a joint decision.
Speaker 4: It needed turbos buy in, and I thought he's earned that buy in from his service to the club to do it in a joint decision with Seabolt. Now, the first we knew about this happening, I don't know if Turbo was told first. We read about it online and in the newspaper. For such a big move, I think it's disrespectful to the player reading.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he's on board with this.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's Buzz's no doubt he's not happy about it. You could tell from his demeanor today. There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: He's not that.
Speaker 3: But you don't think he's earned from what he's done for that club.
Speaker 4: And you go back to the dalm You and I know he's missed a lot of footy games, so I know he's had he struggles with fitness.
Speaker 3: To do a decision, you need him on board.
Speaker 1: I'll ask you. You've played with some big, big names, something great of our game, and Tommy's up there right, Yes, do you think he deserved more respect and should have been consulted.
Speaker 7: I'm a consulted No, No, you consult the best player. So I got no doubt when Darren Locky moved from fullback to five eight, right, he would have been asked, and you know, and if he said no, in the end, if he goes no, but sometimes you've got to put the team first. I think Tommy would have put the team first if they asked. But I'm surprised if they didn't go to him, say listen, Tommy, we're thinking of moving you to the centers. What do you think.
Speaker 2: Let's remember during the off season, was he trained from memory at five eight at one point? You know, because I think about tinkering with the team. I think about tinkering with the side to fit the Eige hop Arty and the fullback. So you know, admittedly maybe this has been thrown on him in circumstances that shocked him. But the thought of moving Tommy and playing in other positions, the club's been talking about this for a while.
Speaker 4: I think manly. I think manly since the Cherry Evans announcement, have been playing like bustards. They've had two or three good games since then, the rest they've been terrible.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot more.
Speaker 4: Going wrong at that football club than Tom Turbo at the back. Yes, I know he's struggling and he has not been himself this year, but there are other positions in that side, particularly where there's so lighter on the middles and they're down on strength and Cherry Evans his own form. They've got a captain leading them out there every single week who does not want to be there. I think there are bigger issues there and there's no question he's moved to the centers.
Speaker 3: Is a demotion.
Speaker 1: It is wrote a passionate defensive siege on the weekend in the paper. Is it the players photo? Is you tend to think it's the players that have the response? Well? I think so.
Speaker 2: The players are going to wear some of the responsibility for the way the team's going. I mean, Buzz just said it. Then they didn't play well since Day came out and publicly announced he was going to leave the club. We still don't know where he's going.
Speaker 3: I mean this, we don't know where he's going.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, he hasn't announced where he's going. We all know where he's going, but he hasn't announced, He hasn't ended the conjecture, Breath, you know, and I think Tommy, by his own mission, has been down on form this year. I think Tommy is open and Jake's openly admitted that he's been down on form. So it's easy to put the finger at Seas. But that's your three highest paid players. They've been missing Taniella Perseca since about round two or something. He's one of their highest paid players as well. There are extenuating circumstances for the way this team's playing at the moment.
Speaker 1: A big partner is for a coach to get the best out of it.
Speaker 2: That's true as well, Breath. I'm not saying I'm not saying he should be he's blameless. I'm saying that it's got to go both ways. And I think that Buzz. I think the idea of moving Tommy is also to help Tommy. I think the view is from Seas. Potentially I can get Tommy back, take a bit of heat off him. Playing in the centers, he can rediscovery find his confidence again, his body can rebuild itself and when he's playing well, they will playing with football. Because Tony Mastel said it today, buzz. He's still there be fullback when he's at his best.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with it, and I said it last week Leo. He's playing very good. He's play his best at fullback. He's young, he is fit, He's only going to get better. Tom just seems to struggle with his fitness even at his best. At the moment, he doesn't seem to be one hundred percent fit and that's been for quite a while now. Yes, they if they didn't consult him about it, they should have. Definitely is a club legend. But really the actual decision I don't think is a bad one. Do you guys actually think it's a bad move?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, as I said, time will tell. You know, they've got two home games that winnable games, They've got sous and they've got the West Tiger, So time will tell.
Speaker 1: So what happens the next beat them too.
Speaker 4: If they don't beat them, those two Anthony Sea bubbles in big trouble. I heard you on the show last week you wanted to give him all time seeps.
Speaker 2: Well, Mestro said today he's our coach.
Speaker 4: You know what, Mestop keeps changing because last week he said at this stage, he kept saying.
Speaker 2: He's admitted today he said today that was a poor choice of words, and that Anthony Seabob will be their coach.
Speaker 1: And let's be honest, quickly, Becazz, they lose the next two against those two teams.
Speaker 2: You're he will finish the season break. I can't believe they would get rid of him. They're not going to get rid of him after the next two. Who they're going to put in, like, who's going to be the coach?
Speaker 1: So what happens if so, you think he lasts the rest of the year at least, Yes, what if they fall off a Clifford back end of.
Speaker 2: The year, Well, then he's in all sorts. It's pretty obvious. Next year you think, well he's in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would have thought it's a long off season for him.
Speaker 4: Yes, so on paper, and we all said at the start of the year when they had that blazing start of the year, we all thought they were a top four roster and they fell in a heap after the announcement and anything outside the finals this year is a complete and failure and he will struggle.
Speaker 2: It's a failure if they don't play finals foot and he I'm sure Anthony will acknowledge if they don't play finals football seasons of failure.
Speaker 1: All right on your team, buzz. The Sharks are on the Verger, dropping out of the top eight after blowing a sixteen point lead against the Broncos. His how it unfolded, stiff it down.
Speaker 9: Short side, trend All away and Tarmacai scores for Cranalla Trendle. They've got that stretch will turn steps Walsh, Wilton all the way channe a skull trendies.
Speaker 7: Back to Walsh.
Speaker 9: What's the spiral, Bob, it's got it. It's allowed to bounce time and then mother tamer and white. Raymond's gonna say that forward there for Walsh.
Speaker 3: Fir flights up flat, had a John Lake shipper turkey.
Speaker 9: And a twenty three minute again and then Dreddall has put it out on the floor.
Speaker 7: Held by the arm.
Speaker 3: Gone away from that.
Speaker 9: I missed him on over the top. Tana Pani's guys, now one side that I don't sing that on that class I kicked towards her posts lies there it is, it's long, it's long.
Speaker 3: The game on the line down by six.
Speaker 1: That's a bad kick for a gun number seven.
Speaker 9: Where'sbona jump back bella.
Speaker 1: Thirty four twenty That was a turning point thanks to Ashley Martin Medical Hair Centers and what's going on with the Cronulla Sharks buzz.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm not one hundred percent sure I will say this about the Cronulla roster.
Speaker 3: It has been very, very stable for two years.
Speaker 4: And outside of signing signing Adam vanua Blake, they've hardly signed the player. So Craig fitz given backed himself to get more out of his current players.
Speaker 3: He's done that for two years. It's not happening this year.
Speaker 1: One of it.
Speaker 4: He's got two players on a million dollars. Adam fanua Blake started strong. I think he's really faded off and he doesn't have anywhere near the impact he had early in the season. I think that was there for all to see the last Nicol Hines, the other million dollar player at halfback, trying his guts out every week. But there are a couple of errors in his performance yesterday, particularly at the back end. A kick on the last tackle gave Broncos a seven tackle restart than he did.
Speaker 2: A knock on.
Speaker 4: Let's come and when you're on that brass as you know, you've got to shut games.
Speaker 1: To do and you think you should be moving a fallback. Is that right?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you do well.
Speaker 4: I said in McCollum today that Daniel Atkinson and Trendall as the halves combination for a large part of last year. We're getting Kranala the best results they've had in two years. Trendle when he has more control over that side from half back. That's what earned him a seven hundred thousand dollars contract playing whether Atkinson was soing so good Saint George signed him. I want to see that halves combination going, but Nicol has to be in the side somewhere.
Speaker 3: Is it harsh on Kennedy?
Speaker 4: Kennedy was leading the dally Ms early but not going Brilliants been dropping.
Speaker 7: For Yeah, Nico doesn't have the speed to go to the fullback. He doesn't score those. Yeah, I know, I know. But he played that six or eight games at the Storm and got this million dollar contract. And if I was going to move him there, I say, I'd have to move him to lock and telling him to put the mouth goat. Then I'll go by two and you're going to play that sort of role.
Speaker 1: We all know how Nico, how good Nico can be, like we've seen it. We've seen it, we just haven't seen enough of it. And at times his hear he showed glimpses of it, even in periods of games. But the problem with Niko is when the game's on the line and you said it buzz, you need your men and all the players, you need your big guns to stand up. And I feel like he's lacked confidence now for quite a while. And when you lack confidence, you play with hesitation. And hesitation in the hearts. I've said on the show before is the biggest killer, and you can see it. He just seems to hesitate. He seems unsure about himself. He's not that player that has give me the ball. I'm going to win our team game and he needs to be so he's under suppression Nico. But you tend to think that it's more Trendle not Nico.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think Trendle's set the world on fire breath. I think it's easy to put the finger at nickover because he's the high profile guy that's been wearing a lot of the blame for the last year. Well, he's at the focus on over a year and now, yeah, some of it is, but I think Trindle has to wear some of its well breath. I mean he's on a good wick of too bu.
Speaker 4: The best fort him. When they charged himTo the finals last year, Nicko was hurting. He was dropped from Origin. It was trendle and that control and you can't.
Speaker 2: Play you can't play Nicko fullback.
Speaker 4: Think that's why when Rath asked me, I said, I don't know. I'm not sure if he's a fullback. He could be locked forward, but they're running out of options for a million dollar player has to start.
Speaker 2: I think Fitz has got Look, you put the money, you've invested the money in. Fitz's got to find a way to get him going. That's why Fitz's on the bay.
Speaker 3: We're seventeen. We're seventeen.
Speaker 2: You're too far on now, Halves. You've got to find a way to get a working buzz for me because they're not going to win a camp with Braden Triingle and Daniel Atkinson Harves, which you respect to those two guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in the opening segment you were quite happy for Tom to move for the betterment of the Manly.
Speaker 3: So you're not happy for Nico to move because.
Speaker 2: They've got a better option. Mainly got a better option. Hop White is a good option. I'm saying, here's your best option.
Speaker 1: They are six points clear of fifth, but it's the way they're losing the concerns over a performance like yesterday in the last month. Really they beat the Dragons.
Speaker 4: They were tailed up by a rooster's side at Arliott Stadium and towed up.
Speaker 3: They conceded forty points.
Speaker 1: The Central coast. Think it was a buzz.
Speaker 4: Where it was and the Roosters were about five State of origin players. Now this should be Cornala's time of the year. They do not have one origin player. They've had no interruptions whatsoever. The Broncos were there.
Speaker 7: To be beaten. Yesterday. I was getting sent to the sin bin. Was I think nearly the stupidest sinmin that I've seen from a winger. There's like fifty seconds to go before the halftime break and they give it away. When they were playing through the middle. They really troubled Brisbane when they played off Brawley through the middle and the half backs chimed in. But when they but but then when the game was on the line and they tried to take control and grab their reins. They couldn't get from it, and they made errors that going through the middle was it was going through them, was terrorizing their three on both sides in between the half and center.
Speaker 1: They just count kept breaking them down that first half, and they went away from it. So let's let's round this off. Do they pull the trigger and move him or do they keep him at seven for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: I think you've got to stick with him breath. I think, as I said, we were watching those highlights the first half, there was nothing wrong with the one Nico played in the first half. I mean you saw the highlights there, just creating tries, his scoring tries. It's there. It's there and hard.
Speaker 1: To hand someone confidence though, you know, like you say, Craig fitsgiven, it's up to him, but it's not really it's up to Nickeo.
Speaker 2: But it can go like that break. He can get it back in a second hand.
Speaker 1: But it's been missing for a while.
Speaker 2: But there's been games we've been really good they break.
Speaker 1: I agree. I don't want to just know it's not a Nicko bashing because we've seen him place in brillan footy this year. But it's just consistently throughout a whole game and then getting them over the line, which he struggled. So buzz is he a fullback or not? You look a bit well, you.
Speaker 4: Know I saw him play fullback very capably of Melbourne Storm and he did have speedback in those days.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: All I know is the spotlight is on him now. The blow torches on him now for one simple reason. He's on a six million dollar contract. When you sign up, it's the face of the club. On that sort of money, you expected to perform weekend weekend.
Speaker 1: You're not right, You're not wrong, all right? Now the Broncos are back baby Army Camps, Harbor Cruise, an absolute master stroke from the great Manage McGuire.
Speaker 4: Have you had a look at the premiership lad there's six points off fourth place, coming fifth bus Yeah, I know they're coming fifth.
Speaker 3: They've beaten the Titans and they've beaten from the second half.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you've got let imagine how's time to shine?
Speaker 4: Well, you know he's turned that club around, Reese Walsh has turned that club around.
Speaker 3: Against good on him.
Speaker 4: What I will say though, if beat them on the weekend, there'll be eight points outside of the top four. I think there's one side that could possibly win this compount side the top four, and that is the Penrith Panthers the Broncos. I think it's really exciting that they have come good, but there is a hell of a long way to go in this camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very sure, real well, I think they're back for me. I think that's pretty clear after the last couple of weeks buzz, it's pretty clear that you know, you know what was interesting. They look really fit on the weekend in the second half, so they're obviously training hard and it's paying off.
Speaker 7: I don't tell you something. I don't give Pain has some carrying arrest. They'll fall off Cliff like he's played I think sixteen games in a row. Painhasse was injured like they couldn't get back on site at some stages, and they kept on running them out. If they really want to give the title a shot, which they can, rees Walsh a measure man like once they get their running threat and they can just jump outside.
Speaker 2: It's hard than the rest players.
Speaker 7: They're going to have to listen.
Speaker 2: You can't when you're struggling.
Speaker 7: A really good point. What did Penrith do on the weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, that's true, So how hard was that? The good point?
Speaker 7: The confidence.
Speaker 4: Who's been the genius at rest the Origin players over the years of Craig Bellam and you look at the Storm success. They're always thereabouts with a minor premiership. You cannot with the intensity, big boys.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: You're desperate times, desperate measures, right, yeah, but you're both. I agree, felt sorry for Pain's.
Speaker 4: And you guys know this, with sports, you've got to take long term approach and it's far more important from rounds twenty to twenty seven to have them fully fit, fresh and ready to.
Speaker 7: Go and look looking like pain. Hans is not like yes, and you know what, what a game he had backing up, but he ain't looking like that. He ain't looking like he's running through his not free he needs.
Speaker 1: There were some mascuses on the Harbor cruise though, spar bar.
Speaker 4: Anthony about and what did they do on Fort Dennis and a cultural experience? They did ice bars straight after the Harbor cruise.
Speaker 1: Come on, give him some credit.
Speaker 4: I'm really happy for Seriously, it's great for the comp they're playing well, but all I'm saying is let's wait about six weeks.
Speaker 1: The jury is still out bus, the jury is still that. After ducking and diving for weeks, Bronco's CEO Dave Donnahey finally faced the music when he appeared on radio yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I met with Selwyn's management as recently as last week. To be candid, we're probably a fair way apart, but you know, we're not without hope having a challenging run at the moment on field, but you know he'll bounce back and we're well trying to wrap our arms around and to help support him.
Speaker 2: I think you've only got about three hundred thousand left that won't keep.
Speaker 6: So I think ultimately, you know, when we look at our salary cap hoops, there's a pie. It has to get cut up. They're the conversations that we're having internally.
Speaker 2: There's all sorts of headlines. There was all sorts of noise about since Michael maguire has arrived at the Broncos.
Speaker 6: I thought a lot of it was a lot of nonsense.
Speaker 3: We'd a challenging run on field.
Speaker 6: To look at it in isolations just a little bit narrow for me. We've got Ezra Man on the sidelines and Reese Walsh gets injured. So where not where we'd like to be in terms of wins and losses, but certainly be some positive progress.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that the club made the right decision to sack Kevy Wilders and to bring bad Gin?
Speaker 3: We made a decision.
Speaker 6: It was an incredibly difficult decision, and that's the reality of it.
Speaker 3: Kevy's a great of our club.
Speaker 6: He put his heart and soul into the place for four years, but thirty years, sorry, Gordy, thirty years four years as a coach and did a wonderful job. But we did feel that it was time for a change, and we do feel like it was the right decision.
Speaker 1: Yes, this was on Triple M yesterday afternoon, Gordy, you were there, went for about twenty minutes. What did you make of it?
Speaker 7: The cell on Cobo one was a little bit funny to me because I think he is the future of the organization. If you look the way Catni Stags. They've got two thirty five year old number sevens that was a priority, and they signed another hooker like they resigned another hooker where they've got five and they got this young talent and they leave three hundred thousand, which I think is a little bit disrespectful to a State of origin player. And I don't think he's lost that much mojo in my opinion. When I watched him play when Response was out and he went back to fullback, he kept them in a few of those games. But obviously they don't want him because I went that much money.
Speaker 4: Sell and Cobo was in Sydney last week or the week before and he visited the St. Georgialla set up and he spoke to coach Shane Flanagan. You know what money he was asking for. They're asking about six fifty seven hundred. That's what he's on there was it and St George were quite keen to do a deal for a little bit less than that, but wanted to him this year because they've had injuries in the three quarter line. I don't think it's going to be happened. But what it does show is how far the Broncos are off the pace with what the kid and the manager are looking for. They're not They're halfway there.
Speaker 1: Well, let's be honest. Like day you said there's still a chance of keeping him, but really they're not not three hundred.
Speaker 2: That's that's my point is that no, unless they foind another two or three hundred grand breath and clubs, the.
Speaker 7: Reynolds with the third party, the three hundred dinner.
Speaker 2: Clubs can do that, right, but they need to. Sometimes they just move a couple of blokes and juggle some funds around. They find the money. So but at the moment, you know, I know, Gord, you're saying you thought he was good when he played fullback for a couple of games, but don't need to fall back. They need him to play well when he's on the wing, and he hasn't been playing well. That's why he's in reserve bating. And the kid has come in.
Speaker 7: From maybe he's playing for injuries.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe you talk about the old halves they signed. It's interesting one Ben Hunt because when he comes back from Indrey, I don't think he's going to play far day. I think as MAM's comfortable there and it is obviously the future. I'm not sure with that young hooker there God who has been Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think he's off contract.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: Would be a big call from who he plays out of pace Billy as well.
Speaker 4: Sounds yeah, But what I'm saying is signing Hunt for those two years not necessarily. The Reynolds extension might be what costs Selwyn Cobber a spot at that club long term.
Speaker 2: Well potentially, but I imagine that they're looking their spine next year as Ben hunted hooker, and he is a pretty good hooker, Bend hunts. Probably they've got their roster well, obviously Corey's not killing it because they're not resigning Buzz because they've obviously made a decision that as it stands at the moment, Benhunt and Billy Hunter, and they've got young Blake Mosa and the system is.
Speaker 7: Five year old halfbacks, but the future of the club are not two thirty five old half backs. When they won the Queensland State of Origin with a young nine year old half back, they could sit there and get some experience.
Speaker 2: He'll learn all those guys, I mean, he'll learn off those guys and at some point he'll probably ge an opportunity.
Speaker 7: But it's better plan. It's it's better getting a taste. And you look at the roosters now with their young halves, there's no better way to learn as at the cold face.
Speaker 4: The insing thing. And I heard Adam Reynolds on a podcast and I actually wrote him McCollum that he would not sign a new deal until the other boys are done because he didn't want to force anyone out.
Speaker 3: Well, he actually has he signed.
Speaker 2: Well, they had to make a decision because.
Speaker 1: I'm not blaming position his manager coming up on Heavy Hit, maybe you can ask him. We can ask him in the agreement when he walks out. And what about Panthers. That a big win, and then mentioned earlier they got the Bulldogs this week on Thursday on Fox leagu which would be a big one. But Nathan Cleary had that injury in Origin, didn't kick goals, struggled in the first half, got better as the game went on. Will he play this week? And how serious is his injury?
Speaker 2: Well, the train tomorrow, breath. I think they're pretty optimistic, your train, you'll play this week. He's obviously not one hundred percent, but we're sorry. How tough he was in Origin. It's probably one of his underrated qualities, Nathan and Cleary, just how tough he is. He's a tough boy. So yeah, I think they're pretty confident.
Speaker 7: But if there's any doubt. You don't force him to you, especially the way they played last week. Think if all the others come back, could he.
Speaker 1: Not playing this week or not playing until the decider?
Speaker 3: He wants to play. He's desperate to play for Penrith.
Speaker 4: There's some light at the end of the time, l after a tough open the end of the season, and this is Canterbury. This is potentially the game of the year. He's up against Burton cright and kick out his old mates. He's up against Cameron surround o and this is a monster, monster game. I know Thursday night is typically a bad night for crowds. I would not be surprised the way Canterbury fans are and it's penritheme game. They'll fill that stadium out there, clearial play and massive, massive game of footy.
Speaker 1: I agree. Can't wait on Fox League as I said now, actually Klimb remains NRL's top ranked referee. Really, how does that work? I'm here and he's going to get going through. Is that right?
Speaker 2: It looks that way, Brath. I think you all went through this game and they reckon. They missed three penalties, two queens there, two es was one for Queens and so after I Queens Anders, we didn't think he had a great game. After Origin two, you blocks didn't think you had a good game. We're all square, go to Game three.
Speaker 3: Fair breath. What the NRL do? I'll give them credit for this.
Speaker 4: Brock Chaffer came from South and now running referees with great Mannersley So they have a rating system and keep KPIs and every referee in every single category and then they add the points up after are we talking game management? We're talking how many decisions they got right, how many tries were overturned by the bunk or all those sorts of I don't know if it's.
Speaker 1: A pied charge.
Speaker 4: I suggest it was a spreadsheet. But what I'm doing, well, you think it's funny. I'm actually trying to give them a rap because it's a really good It's a really good way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a really good way of keeping form on all these with if you do check in all these categories, what I can tell you is Ashley Client this year is a mile ahead of the second best referee on their ratings in just about everything. Yeah, and look Adham g wasn't rated very high. All that's why I missed out the finals.
Speaker 7: Some Origin players. It might just be some big game referees.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is and I spoke to Bullderup before he published that story this morning.
Speaker 3: The nr rel have told.
Speaker 4: Me that he will have to have a shocker this weekend climb and particularly bad stuff up if he's to lose that job.
Speaker 7: Can I give you South Wales a tip? I think in the last say thirteen Origins, you've won ten of the penalty counts, so you.
Speaker 3: Want him Gordy.
Speaker 7: I'm just letting you know we've won three. Billies won three and game two was one that was Verry god Muscle. The other night Melbourne last year.
Speaker 4: Sorry I don't know count got well it was no one nil after forty five minutes.
Speaker 7: Buzz buzz bzz. Since Billy's taken over, right, I think you guys are about twenty five penalties ahead.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see Queensland considered fifty two penalties, Blues forty six and it's eighty infringements to sixty one, so you're twenty infringements better off. There you go, last three series wins three years, so you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to you know, well, you haven't done any research. He's just picked something out of from.
Speaker 4: But typically twisted the topics four topics the first forty five minutes. If that came the other day when your mob were perfect, which was absolute crap.
Speaker 3: They were not.
Speaker 2: Perfectly once we won the penalty, can.
Speaker 7: To you twist last year was fourteen eight to you sending you these text mess that's the big story coming to back.
Speaker 3: I can
Speaker 1: All right stick around as we had a break, let's take a look at the nominee through our Sports Sped Player of the Round