Speaker 1: A pod Shape production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Chills. It's a podcast where we hear your ghost stories, the sorts of stories that you find hard to believe, unless, of course, they happen to you. Now, if you've got a story that you think could give us the chills, reach out on Instagram and TikTok at the Chills pod, or you can email us at the Chills at podshape dot com. This next story is from Ashy.
Speaker 1: I'm Ashi Ryan's I'm a mother of two and I live on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Now, Ashi, you are Are you a spiritual person?
Speaker 1: Definitely? I'm very open minded. And this is really creepy and something I don't like to talk about because I feel like am I manifesting it? But I've predicted quite a lot of death before they've happened, how they've happened, when they're going to happen. And there's four that I can count that I predicted correctly.
Speaker 2: Hey on, you've predicted someone's these people close to you.
Speaker 1: My pot was the closest, and I knew who was going to die, I knew how he's going to die, and I knew when it was going to die.
Speaker 2: Bullshit, Yep, it was the next thing that actually said that absolutely blew me away. Oh man, that just gave me the children.
Speaker 1: And that's why I don't like to talk about it, because when I get these feelings and I get these visions and I get these thoughts, I don't want to put it out and tell someone and freak them out or manifest that it's going to happen. I even know how I'm going to die, and I don't want to talk about that. But it's creepy, isn't it. So yes, I'm very open minded. I've definitely had like experiences where I have connected with spirits.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, although as she said, she doesn't want to talk about how she saw her own death, we're going to go there later. For me, it's like the question for the ages, if you could know how you're going to die or when you're going to die, what would you choose to know? But for now, why don't we just go to the story about Ash predicting her granddad's death.
Speaker 1: Was he sick, he started losing a lot of weight, And when we got that news that he lost a lot of weight, I knew he was on a ticking time bomb. And the night before he passed away, and I must have been about nine or ten. I laid in a bathtub full of cold water all night and my parents said, no, I was in there. My mum had flown up to go and be with him, and my stepdad came in the morning and said, what the am I that?
Speaker 2: I swear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fuck are you doing? And we called him ROSSI and I said Ross, he's going to die. And that morning he passed away.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: So that whole night I was just waiting for it, and I knew he was going to die. And I was really upset that my mom didn't let me fly up with her, but she was just like, no, it would be another time, Like I just need to go and be with my dad. All good, and I was just like I didn't want to say to her, but I just knew I wasn't going to see him again.
Speaker 2: You said that you knew your pop was going to die. I knew, But you also said you knew how he was going to die.
Speaker 1: Well, they couldn't figure out how he was losing all the weight, and the first thing that came to my head was that he had cancer. I didn't know what type of cancer at that point. But as soon as they said ROSSI has lost so much weight, I just knew no, no, no, no, no, that's not a good because they were all celebrating his weight loss and it was drastically losing it really quickly. With no, he wasn't dieting or anything. And I said to my mum, Rossi's really sick. And I in my back of my head I thought it was cancer and it was. It was bow cancer and he died within a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: What was the significance of you in a cold bath? What do you think that?
Speaker 1: I actually have no idea. That's so fucking creepy. And I've got a daughter and a son. I would be really freaked out if they were to lay in.
Speaker 2: A bath of cold water.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would love love to know. It's really weird to even say that out loud. What the fuck was I doing? Why didn't I just lay in bed?
Speaker 2: But my gut tells me possibly that you know, And this is horrible because it's a family member, But when someone passes, they go cold.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, maybe was that my way to connect with him?
Speaker 2: Possible?
Speaker 1: And I was fully clothed too, is even weird?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm you know, if that's my daughter as a ten year old. The next day, I'm taking you somewhere, ye to get right to have a.
Speaker 1: Chat with my stepdad is not the beautiful man that you are, though. He was like get the fuck out of the bath, like what are you doing? Like he was just probably freaked out and like stopping stupid. And then we got the news as.
Speaker 2: She is full of stories, like really spooky ones, and what she just told us isn't the main story. We've still got to get to that one about how she thinks she's going to die. But let's get to another one that also might give you the chills. So this story you're about to tell me, when did this take place?
Speaker 1: Just happened when I was about sixteen at my girlfriend's.
Speaker 2: House for a sleepover.
Speaker 1: Yeap sleepover, going to actually have a second sleep i'ther go get some more clothes for the next day.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so this is the second night.
Speaker 1: Yes, always at my girlfriend's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, And so are you just hanging what are you doing? Talk to me?
Speaker 1: Just hanging out having lunch with the fam, having a nice time. And I didn't have my own car borrowed her mum's car, which I always do. I went downstairs casually, just gonna hop in the car. She had a really long driveway. As I've turned my head at the end of the driveway, there is a young teenage girl in a long gown with long hair standing there. And it's not a person. It's almost like a misty shadow, but the details of her I will never ever forget.
Speaker 2: So are you reversing or something?
Speaker 1: I'm about to reverse. I scream and slam on my brakes. So I've started to go, and all the family comes downstairs and like, what the fuck's going on? And I explained it to them. They laughed at me. Then her mum pulled me aside and said, that house over there, there's a fourteen year old little girl that died. She had long, dark hair, man, but that was her. I one hundred percent think it was her long hair down to her bum long black hair, And I just remember my whole body like just goose bumps and just wow. I just saw that, and I've never seen her again, but it was so real. She was standing at the end of the drive standing on her side, but then like her head was turned towards me.
Speaker 2: That feels like a movie that y You've just described there. It feels like a shitload of movies that I've seen.
Speaker 1: So realistic. And the fact that she lived pretty much next door and she had passed away when she was fourteen. But the house that the little girl passed him, well, the teenage girl passed him, was a very creepy vibe. It was all trees around it. It was like dark brick like it wasn't a house that if I was selling my fund raised chocolates that I would go and knock on the door. Put it that way, like, it's never a house I would go to.
Speaker 2: So let's now get into the juicy stuff. How does Ashy bind think she's going to die? And how does she know? I know you don't want to talk about your own mortality, but you've seen how you believe you tap your past. Yeah, does that scare the shit out of you?
Speaker 1: You know what? No, because I don't know when it's going to happen, But I kind of have a little bit of comfort in knowing how, and I feel like there could be lots of ways to prevent it, but it also is kind of out of my control as well. But no, it doesn't scare me because I just I don't know. I trust it with my times up.
Speaker 2: My times up so good that you don't know when, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I think that would scare me if I new when. Yeah, but I've got a visualization of what it's going to be. It's not anything to do with health, yeah, or podcasts. I did actually find out I have a brain aneurysm. And most of my family members on my father's side have died from aneurysms. But I found mine and it's quite small, so I can monitor it now. So if it was to grow or expand, I think that'd be on top of it. Like they can clip an aneurysm and do things. But that's something I found actually last week. So it's good they found that. That's not how I'm going to die.
Speaker 2: And that's what I was going to say, because does that then make you're a bit more comfortable. You go to hospital with a brain aneurysm, you go, well, this is not the way, this is not.
Speaker 1: How I'm going this is not my time. What a blessing they found it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a blessing. You can see your future if you've got a story that you think could give us the chills, find us on Instagram and TikTok at the Chills pod or you can email us at the Chills at podshape dot com. We'll see you next time.