Speaker 1: Hi, and welcome back to Bounce Forward with me, Tip Haul. I'd like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which I'm recording this podcast, so we're rendering people of the cooler nation.
Speaker 2: I pay my respects for elders past and present.
Speaker 1: I received a fantastic question from Gemma Haytif your pod really gets it. I'm thinking about taking a zepic, but wondered if you have any advice on how to get the same weight loss results without taking weight loss medication. I'm currently twenty five kilos overweight and desperately want to shift it. Okay, Gemma, what a great question, and this is something that I have been grappling with a lot. I agree that azempic can be very effective to get a lot of weight off you very very fast. But you've got to think long term. You've got to think where are you going to be in six months, twelve months? How are you going to keep the weight off long term? Because once you stop taking weight loss medications, your appetite will return and the weight will probably come back on if you're not addressing lifestyle factors.
Speaker 2: So here's the magic.
Speaker 1: I actually know a combo of things that has exact same effect as a zenpic, and it's far cheaper. It may take a little bit longer, but will definitely benefit you more longer term than a zenpic. So here it is listen up, it's eating protein and it's lifting weights, So let's dig into this. GLP one is a hormone produced in the intestines that plays a crucial role in regulating blood sugar, appetite, and digestion. Right, so enhancing its natural production can support better metabolic health, weight management, and even improve your energy levels. Now, these GLP one medications are a class of medications that are mainly there to help manage blood sugar levels in people with type two diabetes. They're not really there for weight loss here in Australia, right, But studies have shown that if you eat a high protein meal, your gut releases certain hormones calls encretance, specifically GLP one, and these hormones help regulate your blood sugar levels by enhancing insulin secretion and also signal that you are full, helping you to feel much fuller for longer. So this is really really important. Then if you look at lifting weights, weightlifting actually enhances GLP one production. Strength training builds that precious muscle, but it enhances GLP one production, which is just mind blowing. Exercise improves your insulin sensitivity and it increases those GLP one levels, which helps your body better regulate the blood, sugar, burn fat, and control the hunger. So a combo of these is going to enhance your metabolism and lead to an amplified release of all of these peptides, which you are going to get better fat metabolism, muscle recovery, and appetite control. And it's all about the appetite control. So let's look at nailing that nutrition. You really want to optimize your diet, and I have some exact foods that are going to increase the GLP one secretion. Okay, So you want to look at fiber rich foods sauces such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts, seeds. They're soluble fire but ferments in the gut, right, which produces short chain fatty acids which stimulate GLP one release.
Speaker 2: Super cool.
Speaker 1: Then you want to eat protein rich foods, eggs, fish, poultry, tofu beans, greek, yogurt, lentils, all the good stuff. Because protein increases the GLP one production and promotes saety so you feel much full of for longer and not reaching for snacks, and that weight keeps off long term. Then you want to eat your healthy fats, sauces like avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil, fatty fish, and fats in the diet stimulate the release of bile acids, which trigger DLP one secretion. It just blows my mind, right, So this is what we're trying to do. We're trying to enhance a GLP one naturally. Then look at fermented foods yogurt, kefa, kimchi, sauerkraut, mizzo promotes a healthy gut microbiome which enhances GLP one production. Then did you know that bitter foods such as dark leafy greens like kale, dark chocolate, and citrus pels bitter compounds can stimulate GLP one release as well.
Speaker 2: I'm just getting way too excited about this.
Speaker 1: Then there's a lot of studies that show that intermittent fasting periodic fasting can actually increase the body's sensitivity to GLP one and stimulate production. And I'm a big fan of having a late breakfast, so having an early dinner, say round seven eight o'clock, and then not having breakfast until ten thirty. It's a nice little fasting window that allows your body to be more sensitive to GLP one production. Then, of course you've got regular exercise. Now it's not just about resistance training, which has been proven to show a positive impact on GLP one production, but also aerobic exercise, cycling, swimming, running, These activities also increase GLP one production, which I just can't talk enough about the benefits of exercise. You know, boost mood, it's great for the body, it's great for the mind, but it's also great for GLP one production.
Speaker 2: Who would have known.
Speaker 1: And then you've got your gut microbiome, which plays a key role in GLP one production, right, because it's all happening around the gut. And if you eat your yogat, your care for your supplements that improve the gut bacteria, that's going to improve the stimulation of the GLP one release. But you don't just need your probiotics like your yogat. You also need your probotics, which are found in foods like garlic, onions, banana, asparagus, and these These also are really really, really good for GLP one release, so prebodics. Then you know things not to do well. You really want to stay away from sugar, okay. You want to make sure that you're focusing on foods that are low glycemic index foods so they release glucose slowly, such as your grains and legumes. You don't want a spike by eating sugar. You want to have those frequent meals, the small frequent meals, because eating regularly prevents those big sugar spikes, okay, and promotes that consistent GLP one release, and that's what we want. You really want to make sure lifestyle factors like sleep are in control because poor sleep can disrupt GLP one production. You want the seven to nine hours you know, magic time of sleep. And you want to really manage a stress because cortisol levels can suppress GLP one. So you really want to be practicing that mindfulness, doing a bit of yoga, some meditation, breathing whatever you can. And then I'm a big fan of spices and herbal remedies as well.
Speaker 2: I do this a lot.
Speaker 1: So cinnamon ah helps stabilize blood sugar and enhance GLP one production. Turmeric it's an anti inflammatory spice. It's so great for you. And again it improves GLP one secretion and green tea. It supports GLP one and glucose regulation. And I mean, you say, just have a green tea, but what you're really doing is you're really stabilizing your blood sugars. And it's such a great thing to do. I always love to have what I call a vulnerability tea when I'm feeling vulnerable and I feel like eating snacks because you know, I'm feeling anxious, and sometimes I go to food to deal with that. I say, don't do that. Instead, have a vulnerability tea. Sit down, breathe in, sit with the feeling, have the tea, and make your next move over a cup of green tea. Okay, that's just an aside. And then you know, at the end of the day, excessive alcohol, smoking, these things impair gut and pancreatic function, reducing GLP one secretion. So all that's a lot of information and a lot of tools that you can use that give you a holistic approach to increasing GLP one production and enjoying better metabolic and overall health without the expensive jobs.
Speaker 2: Now I know, a zenpic is.
Speaker 1: Super attractive because you're going to get those fast results, but fast results for how long are you going to lose five kilos five times over when you got on a zenpic, off a zenpic back on it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to stay on it long term.
Speaker 1: It's expensive, it's a huge commitment, and what happens when you go off. So you do need to think about a long term approach and a holistic approach that helps you really nourish your mind and your body and your spirit so that you can eat well, enjoy life's treats, but make sure that you're training and that you're protecting yourself against that excessive weight gain or you know, you know, anything that's going to harm your health. And all these things that I mentioned today aren't just good long term for weight loss, they're good long term for longevity, for your health.
Speaker 2: It's a great way to live your life.
Speaker 1: So there are things that you can definitely do to get the same results as o zepic and GLP one medications. You just have to be committed and be consistent. It is all about the consistency. Thanks so much for listening to Bounce Forward. I love having your company, so please dm me on Instagram at tip Hole Underscore XO and let me know what questions you'd love me to cover. Don't forget to rate and review me on your podcast app Speak soon, Happy days,