Speaker 1: Go get you every morning, every day, every lady Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the twenty twenty four podcast, the first one of it's kind.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to jump on another social media trend.
Speaker 3: So if you're in that blacket where you're like new year, new me, make some changes in this whole real life of mine and really go in a different direction.
Speaker 4: You would have jumped on board this little social media trend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ins and out.
Speaker 2: It's basically the stuff you want to hold onto in twenty twenty four and the stuff it needs to be kicked to the curb.
Speaker 4: Girlfriend, Yeah like negative vibes? Am I right? Twenty twenty four? Jos. The time of new opportunity.
Speaker 2: Isn't it at the turn of every decade? Is it decade century?
Speaker 5: What are it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: How old are you? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the turn of every year?
Speaker 4: Freezer again and bring it back out in another fifty years.
Speaker 1: I'm spitting a crime over all.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yes, new opportunities to start again. Hit the refresh button as you were, And a social media trend is going around at the moment where you can do just.
Speaker 1: That by describing your ins and outs.
Speaker 2: This is basically things that are in in your life and basically things that you would like to get rid of and reset. For twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: It's good, seems realistic.
Speaker 1: Would you like to hear my list?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go for it. Set the standard in at.
Speaker 1: The moment in the Oddi family is calling people.
Speaker 2: Brow from the four year old uputs.
Speaker 1: So you'll be like, clean your teeth, harp, and she'll be like, yeah, settle.
Speaker 4: Down, broke right over you wait till it graduates to brah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when little harb is gonna have a little gold tooth, maybe a little earing at the top of the ear. Yeah, a little slip in the eyebrow.
Speaker 1: Just playing a little bit of County Bees.
Speaker 2: In for twenty twenty four again and I know the girls will agree with me here, but those bags with the branded straps.
Speaker 1: Not going anywhere, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like a Mimco bag or a country road and they've got those real thick, heavy straps. They make you at least seventy eight percent cooler if you're a arm at.
Speaker 4: Least Yeah, right, get there, get them on the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Also in for twenty twenty fourth, under Birds back to back.
Speaker 3: Shut up everyone, I'll see what it's going to be tough for that eleanor card Well, I'll say that much for.
Speaker 1: Free you are across and are you?
Speaker 2: And also in I reckon for twenty twenty four, it is having boundaries and removing toxic people like I genuinely started this in twenty twenty three and I planned to continue.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Oh my gosh, I shut up, shut up, I'll get rid of.
Speaker 4: You in a minute, all the toxicities in this room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, all right, my outs for twenty twenty four. Do you want to hear them?
Speaker 4: Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: Crocs with gibblets, spot on.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing grown men and fathers of my age with those giblets.
Speaker 1: Gibts like giblets, but gibbilets, gibbets.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyway.
Speaker 3: Crocs is bad enough, but then when you accessorize your crocs, come on, it's.
Speaker 1: Like you've got your crocs and you've gone you know what these crocs need? Steroids? Yeah, really, pimp them up.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is also out and I saw this a lot in the holidays. People who listen to their devices without headphones or FaceTime their partner right, and just we're top of your lines about the gym Brah, I don't need to hear your conversation with your wife, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: That's another one. Trolling that's out.
Speaker 2: I saw something the other day it said a holes are attracted to comments like flies to shite.
Speaker 1: Don't be a hater. It's pretty simple, isn't it.
Speaker 3: OK, Just be nice if you are a fly and you are listening right now though, how delicious is a fresh little bit of you know what?
Speaker 1: We digress.
Speaker 2: Another thing that's out this ye dubbing on Netflix stand in any other streaming service. You know, when you sit down to watch your move and you think that looks quite good, and then they try and match up the English to the foreign language or work harder guys.
Speaker 4: Squid Games did that.
Speaker 3: No, I did that, and it was the only one that I could get through and be like, this is still good enough, but otherwise it's ridiculous. Yeah, and the English accident, it's like.
Speaker 4: Hey, how are you going?
Speaker 3: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 4: That's not the five there foot yet.
Speaker 2: My final out for twenty twenty four voicemails don't leave me one.
Speaker 1: I will never listen to it. Never listen to it. My mum is guilty of it every single time. Hi Jode just calling to say it's mum and give me a call back. I'm like, yes, I saw miss call mum, So I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it. I'm not listening to your voicemails anymore.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 4: I see where this is going. Thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: If you've got your ins and outs lists, please feel free gift call, get involved. I've got some and it's a heavy list. It is a heavy list. There's a couple of.
Speaker 4: Genuine life changing perhaps ins and outs.
Speaker 1: Oh that's no one expects that from you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they don't. I can think when I want to sometimes.
Speaker 1: Twenty four more think think less symbols in the head less spacing out.
Speaker 2: A bit of a social media trend, go going around at the moment, your inns and your outs for twenty twenty four would like to focus on what would we like to discard? You've just heard from me and mine, but we'd like to hear from you on thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: What are your ins and outs from this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good ones which I reckon could genuinely reshape my life. Okay, so we start with the inns.
Speaker 4: Yeah. In for me, it's just spending more time with friends and creating core memories that will last the lifetime. Nice, I'm just joking.
Speaker 3: Come on, I hide in social situations, aggressively hide.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 3: That's mostly out spending less time with friends and making sure I don't create core memories.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 3: So this is one that could sort of reshape the way I look anyway, thirty nine this year, possibly shaving the head.
Speaker 4: What we're going down that path? Almostory?
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 3: It's not getting thicker, I'm give you the ods him, No, certainly not getting thicker.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll turn to the left again, like you, I miss the right.
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh yeah, oh yeah, riding up a bit high there on the side.
Speaker 1: Oh a little weird.
Speaker 2: Maybe get some advice from the Channel seven here and makeup departments.
Speaker 1: I don't think there are people that look great with a shaved head. I'm not entirely sure you'd be one of them.
Speaker 4: Oh my wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, being honest and being your friend, I thought you wanted to create beautiful memories with people like me.
Speaker 4: Well this is why I'm not.
Speaker 3: I can't catch up with friends and create beautiful core memory.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna have any more friends. If you shave your.
Speaker 4: Head lastly in for me. Maybe I'm just gonna say this, maybe maybe you e sected me.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's it. You've done that yet, I'm done.
Speaker 3: We've had three kids, and that's We've been absolutely blessed to have three kids. Sonny came along without much fuss as well.
Speaker 1: So it's the little heads up. I thought I was done after.
Speaker 4: Three and then whoop, well there you go. Okay, so maybe Greg should have had them okay out for me out aggressively hooped T shirts you host producers.
Speaker 3: Zoe had to sit me down late last year and have a bit of an intervention and say, listen, I can't believe she called me champion as well.
Speaker 4: Very brave, but it's very appropriate. She said.
Speaker 3: These there's ridiculously hooped shirts you got which almost start outside the collar bones and almost sort of hit the mid range stern.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like twenty ten champs.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: And also I'm not entirely sure of your motivation. Is it like I've got a really nice pectoral area and I want to show it off, or you just don't take care of your clothes and they're so old that you've stretched them. I'm not sure it's a column a column Bee.
Speaker 4: It might be a bit of both. All right, beautiful little.
Speaker 1: Mixture either way, Bye bye, Yes, no.
Speaker 4: More hoop shirts. So the shirts you're going to see me now are going to be right up towards my neck.
Speaker 1: Turtlenecks. You're start wearing turtlenecks wet next perfect.
Speaker 3: Not a v neck though I can be the hot tip. Less beers, quite seriously, less beers. I'm not quitting beers is when I have a few less beers on Friday night, when I have vomones, got a few beers instead of having six to eight, maybe having three or four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did go through the festive season, and you promised me before each and every function.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, I'm just going to have mid strength.
Speaker 2: It's going to be all okay, next minute, three o'clock in the morning, where's Andrew.
Speaker 3: Listening because he's had seventy mid strength beers. And finally for me, no more premium premium sunning as well, what do.
Speaker 1: You say you want to say that again?
Speaker 3: Premium sunning for my parents. You can look that up in the ad break twenty four to ten. Your ins and outs list for twenty twenty four, let's go to Winbow'll get.
Speaker 2: Ash Hey, hey, hey, I sh don't you reckon on Hazes's outlet outlist? It should be like I'm just making words up on the spot.
Speaker 1: Maybe that should be on his what's on yours?
Speaker 5: I think you know what it is my out Are people talking on loud speaker on the bars?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Smart yeap makes yeah.
Speaker 4: Pleasen't do it?
Speaker 1: Also on my list as well.
Speaker 2: We don't want to hear your conversations, and please invest in a pair of twenty dollars headphones to save us all our sanity.
Speaker 1: Don't you reckon? Ash?
Speaker 4: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: My yep?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 5: Another hour is toxic people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my gosh, no more toxic people?
Speaker 1: Thanks, same list, Ashley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good and it's good to have boundaries and cut those people out of your life.
Speaker 1: You feel so much better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're people pleasers, though we are as.
Speaker 1: Well shocking people pleases, aren't we.
Speaker 3: I'm still saying yes to our solar panels. Three or four sets of solar panels now in my garage, and that roof is completely covered in solar panels.
Speaker 2: It's step from Millbank. What's on your ins and outs list?
Speaker 5: Hi, so I guess on my inns, I've got confidence just being more confident, Yes you should.
Speaker 1: And what about your out my out?
Speaker 5: I work in medical, so I really want calling it ins and out to not be to be out. I want that to be done because in medical that's water going in and you'urine people going out.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Since Steph, well done.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that' stf.
Speaker 2: Yeah and congratulations. You're on the stand by list to go and see Taylor Swift in Tokyo.
Speaker 5: Now that's a job.
Speaker 4: That was a joke. That's a job job, a terrible job show. It's a pretty long break.
Speaker 3: And what it's done is allowed you to really hunt and gather the best possible jokes. I haven't been put together on this little round planet.
Speaker 2: I spent the entire holiday season looking for jokes just to make you two idiots laugh.
Speaker 1: It's what I do.
Speaker 3: Did you go in a different direction because you should have just went straight.
Speaker 4: To the queen? And that is news read Abbey of Humor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: God I never saw her development last year was extraordinary, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I believe it.
Speaker 2: Started out so poor like below path and then just came through with the bank. I think that as the year went on, the dirtier she got and the better she got, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: At the start she was playing for like the North Adelaide Rockets, whatever it is, and then by the end she was like starting for the La Lakers.
Speaker 4: That was her progression.
Speaker 1: That is how I am in life. Really bore and then pretty strong? Yeah, very nice? All right, who wants to go first?
Speaker 4: Do you know? Well?
Speaker 3: You lead us fearlessly most times, so why don't you lead us in a really positive, funny direction this time?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you a funny thing that happened on the holidays. I actually brought some shoes. But I didn't realize this, but I brought them from a drug dealer. Yeah, I know, it's extraordinary. I don't know what he laced them with, but I can't stop dripping.
Speaker 4: I get it. It's good. That's good. Start.
Speaker 6: How do you make your significant other cry during adult cuddles?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Boy, I know the reasons I have cried.
Speaker 1: Before because the NBA is on in the background.
Speaker 4: Or there was an honesty session. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry, okay, let's start again. How do you make the significant other cry during adult cuddles, how call them?
Speaker 3: Okay, I got a joke now, and I've got to give a big special shout to a good friend of mine, Robbie Cornthwaite.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the man knows how to tell jokes.
Speaker 1: There's never not enough Robbie in this show.
Speaker 4: Not enough for Robbie. I've said that from day and no one's listening to me.
Speaker 3: We're pushing for it half, you know, usually all right, So you told me this one, he said.
Speaker 4: Look, a guy goes home to his wife and he's a bit of a drinker.
Speaker 3: Let's just call for the sake of this joke. Let's call her car. Let's call this black handle. She says to him one night, do you know what? You're drinking far too much. Every time you come home, you cover the vomit. You're not making sense. If you do this one more time, I'm leaving you. I'm divorcing you. He says, Okay, okay, Well here's the thing. I've got a thing this Friday with a few mates. Let me prove to you that I can do this. So she goes, Okay, this is your last chance. So he goes to this thing. Surprise, surprise, gets a little bit carried away one B two B three be and just goes on our next minute, he's covered in his own vomit.
Speaker 1: Classic Plusic Andrew and.
Speaker 3: He goes, oh, my gosh, I'm going to get divorced. I've got to go now home now to my wife. She's going to divorce me. She's going to see the vomit. She's going to say that's it. Mate comes up and goes, no, no, no, no, no, go a.
Speaker 4: Little trick here.
Speaker 3: So what you do is you put twenty bucks in your top pocket and then you tell her that one of your mates vomited on you while you were putt him in the car. You're actually being responsible. Yes, it works all the time. I always do it. My wife falls every single time. So she goes, great, that's a good idea, goes home, walks to the door. The wife goes, oh, here we go. I told you you couldn't do it. Vomit, You're out. I'm going to divorce you.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no no no no no, it wasn't me. It was Ringo.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I had to put him in the car. He spewed all over me.
Speaker 3: And he goes, look, even put twenty dollars in my top pocket to pay for dry cleaning.
Speaker 4: So she checks.
Speaker 3: She looks in and goes, hang on, there's forty bucks in there. There's two twenties in there. What's going there? He says, oh, yeah, that was from my mate who shat in my pants.
Speaker 6: We got there, finally got the dry commaning bill there for you.
Speaker 1: Well, on stage, I'm thinking we get it. Yeah, he's drugging in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we got there. On end, it's a.
Speaker 6: Married just double checking car and you're finalizing the divorce.
Speaker 4: Now, don't check my pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: We've put together a little piece because we love Jody's story so much, we thought, why don't we do a little birthday edition. Enjoy this Jody, and from our Nova family and the listener's, happy birthday to you.
Speaker 4: We love you so dearly.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome to another edition of Jody Darry.
Speaker 3: It's me Jody, No, just kiddy, just mix it up, jodees. I'm happy little turn this time. So let's see what happens today. It's a very famous person's birthday. Someone is so important, so influential, someone who has completely changed the industry and to be honest, personally shaped my life.
Speaker 4: That's right. Happy birthday, mister Pitt.
Speaker 3: Just kidding, it's jody E his birthday today. Yeah, very lucky to work with an absolute radio hero such as yourself, and each and every day I pray to the radio gods that you keep on teaching me. I love to learn from you, like how you've taught us the real names of some pretty massive celebrities.
Speaker 2: He's just he's dropped the E in the weekend, so now he's just wuble e k nd.
Speaker 4: You think he's always been?
Speaker 2: Oh your forestars and Daniel have.
Speaker 4: And my god, oh my god. Two things, it's Zendaya and.
Speaker 3: Also, don't drop they S word on radio radio or when you've demonstrated your absolute, solid, vast wealth of music knowledge.
Speaker 2: Tony West made a surprise appearance in Rome Has He joined fellow you West rapper Travis Scott on stage. Travis Scott, of course from Blink one eight two, the rapper who obviously changed his name to Yee, was introduced to the stage by Scott at his Utopia concert.
Speaker 3: I think you find the change his name to yay strange.
Speaker 4: His name is Kanye, shortened to ya he calls himself a yee. And also, did you say Travis Scott from Blink one eight too?
Speaker 1: Wasn't he Travis Scott?
Speaker 4: Are you serious? Would you mix up Travis Scott and Travis Barker?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, speak of music knowledge. How good that you can show the world your talents when we play songs for song, song song and we don't even get compared to you.
Speaker 1: That makes it one new for me, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: We found Larvely, Just try not to roll your ankle again, your big spud, Joe's what you got?
Speaker 2: Yeahs come up whenever from the girl.
Speaker 4: For she's falling off her stool.
Speaker 3: But we've shared some incredible memories together that will always cherished, like, for example, the time when we had the actual Miley Cyrus live in studio.
Speaker 4: I want you to say, just.
Speaker 3: For just just to test something to say, the journey is usually the part that you remember anyways.
Speaker 2: Okay, the journey is usually the part that you remember anyways.
Speaker 4: The journey is usually.
Speaker 1: The part that you remember anyways.
Speaker 4: That's difference. How good, just like the real thing.
Speaker 3: How good that we can reminisce together on so many epic moments like your golden years at university and the hex tack.
Speaker 4: Sucks by the way, Yeah they do, Oh my god, they do. What about when I think.
Speaker 2: Back in my day and the finished all night age when you started earning twenty thous.
Speaker 4: Free right, I'm just joke. I'm just having a funk Thursday. You know how he likes it.
Speaker 6: That was in the seventies, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Oh god, So what do you got? You got some?
Speaker 3: But seriously, Jo's we love you very much and we're so lucky to have you in our lives. My friend, day, have an awesome year, my friend, enjoy your twenty fifth birthday.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to feel about that, Like, it was really nice that you went to that much effort, but you've just roasted me on my birthday.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the second part of this.
Speaker 1: He's actually not coming, which is a bit of a we've got boss Josh? Instead? Is he wearing a ban neck?
Speaker 4: Hot? It's hot, It's genuine enough.
Speaker 1: I nearly witnessed someone drowning on my holiday. So hot weather.
Speaker 2: What do you do you take your kids through a water Now, normally I don't like doing the rides, but this particular theme park was next level and it was so cool. So we had an absolute ball just going down rides blah blah blah. Anyway, so we get to the top of one and it's me and Peyton, my twelve year old, and they stay to her can you swim? And she was like, yeah, I can, that's fine, And they check with me and they say can you swim? Yeah, yeahs okay, And I'm thinking, why are they asking that? It's just a nice little cozy water slide. What could possibly go wrong? So you jump on, you go down. It's in the dark, and this particular water slide spits you out at the end. But then I realize why they ask you if you have to swim, because it switch you, spits you at speed into a deep plunge pool and you've got to get yourself up right. And the whole thing's a bit of a shock to the senses because you don't know it's coming.
Speaker 4: God, it sounds like a like a like a fish bang born.
Speaker 2: It's the little carp Jody, baby cap, find your fins, little one.
Speaker 4: They go flourish in this beautiful river. We call the marriage.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I jump out of the pool and we're all sort of laughing and hysterical, and I get about twenty meters away and something's a miss on my wrist and I look down and I realized it spat me out with such force that my Apple watch came off, and so I've panicked and I ran back to the lifeguard and I'm like, oh, my.
Speaker 1: Apple watch, bub blah.
Speaker 2: And as I'm explaining the importance of him recovering my watch from the bottom of the plunge pool, we turn around and there's a guy who obviously hadn't been asked if he could swim, bobbing up and down in the pool like clearly could not.
Speaker 1: And he was a big, heavy set guy. And so I'm looking at the lifeguard.
Speaker 2: There's two other lifeguards just having a chat over there, and so he jumps in with his boy to try and pull him out. But this guy was so big, I thought, I don't think he can do it by himself. So again, I don't want to pay myself as a hero, and I thought, well, I'm gonna have to go in. I thought, na, I can't bring up, so I start yelling out to the other lifeguards.
Speaker 1: Help help him.
Speaker 2: He's dragging, So all three of them jump in and then they pulled this guy out, but I swear he was going under for a good thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Just his name wasn't Robber by any chance. Genuinely. That's where nicknames are born. His new nickname's Bob.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we can laugh about it now, because he was fine.
Speaker 2: And the lifeguard jumps out and he looks at me and he goes, oh, well, I'm with now, so as we'll go and find your watch, and so he jumps.
Speaker 1: In pulls it out from the bottom of the board. I'm like, oh, yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: I gave it CPR for a good five minutes, but the Apple Watch survived.
Speaker 4: That's appos there was There was no deaths on this particular goa.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely no one passed away, Thank goodness for that.
Speaker 3: And you walked away saying, you know what, I'm a hero. Yeah I'm not thinking that. You're thinking that maybe you are, maybe you aren't, but I'm definitely a hero.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's absolutely what happened. That's okay, that's all right. We all have our contributions to the world. Mine's being a hero.
Speaker 4: There specially mention of Bob as well. Happy what's news today? Snooziess.
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone is talking about well, she was the Princess of Denmark. Now she's the Queen of Denmark. What about what about a couple of weeks she's had what a right? Just an absolute ride? So the former queen, and that is Margaret, Margaretite, Margaarite, Margaretta. However you'd like to say it, I don't mind, it's up to you. She stepped down, she abdicated and said I've had enough from getting old and getting a little bit frail. There is some suggestion though, that given all the cheating rooms about Frederick, that maybe that's a bit of a oh here's something shiny, look over here, she's.
Speaker 1: Now the queen.
Speaker 2: Let's all forget about the infidelity thing, right That seems to be one of the theories. But anyway, my takeaway from this is there are there is so much hope for little girls in Tasmania.
Speaker 4: Everywhere has such a mixed poor messages.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought a young girl from Hobart, Tasmania would become the Queen of Denmark.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, young Sally.
Speaker 3: You two could somehow get yourself to the mainland and find yourself in the right spot at the right time, listen and catch up. I know he looks like a bit of a point dexter, but if you stay with him, you're gonna end up being queen.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is just hit the clubs in Sydney and next minute they met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, slip in, slip it was.
Speaker 3: Who would have thought there's a mixed message in that as well. Young girls go out to all his night clubs in Sydney and one day you'll be a queen, and like a real queen too, like a proper queen.
Speaker 2: What is so intriguing about this story, though, besides the fact that they will now earn nearly twenty million dollars a year between them, is the fact that someone snapped a photo that night, the first night that they meant and.
Speaker 1: Prince Frederick was wearing a Mambo T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was Mambo. Didn't remember have an unbelievable run there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. But also he's from Denmark. He slipped into Australia and he's like, I know how to fit in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was put in the Best Man bo was it the one where the you don't remember the cartoon with the dogs and there's like a music note coming out of his bump. I remember that one, and he's looking at it me like, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He just got off the plane and went through the Judy Free in Sydney and went, oh, guys, how do I integrate myself to the Australian culture.
Speaker 1: Get me one of those.
Speaker 4: Man boo teach and Mary saw him in the club and made a bee line. She's like, that's a cool t shirt, it's a cool tea. I like that.
Speaker 1: Lucky he didn't go left into the Kendone shop.
Speaker 4: You know, very very different direction. Hi, welcome to you News read Abbey.
Speaker 1: Good morning queen.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a long morning this morning. All right, we've got the tour down Under. So the Women's Tour down Under has wrapped up. Sarah de Gante has taken it out. She is an Aussie champion, very good writer and all eyes were on her to take out the Wolanka Hill stage yesterday. She did, which is great. They're all having a little bit of a day off today which will be nice. And then tomorrow the men stage one starts from Tonunda to Tonunda. So yeah, it's cycling crazy out there and it was actually really cool to see lots of people do get around it and get into it and go and support them, and it was good to see so many people out to support the women as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's bloody good for tourism in the state because you just there's an influx of people who just pencil into the columny and go, let's go to Adelaide.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 6: I think I love it because they do go to the different regions. It's not just through the city. It's all up through the hills, the southern suburbs, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: So it's good.
Speaker 2: Pretty boring if they just went around the city the whole time. Yeah, there's time mush square, Yeah, there's time mush square.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just keep doing laps like they do it. What's the Adelaide five hundred drome kind of thing maybe they should do. Maybe they should drive around the whole stay and so who gets back first and that's the winner.
Speaker 4: Let's just finish off the strike is? What about our strike is? They were cooked three or four weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching it from Afar. I was like, they're done, there's no chance going to make finals.
Speaker 3: Thunder last night one forty they got there with she's twenty three balls to spare, so one for one hundred and forty.
Speaker 4: One match short. Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Was going to be a player of the series again, So there you go. Who knows what the Strikers could do this year? They face Perth or Sydney in an elimination final and all of a sudden we're all decked out in blue.
Speaker 6: Isn't it so weird that I and all me and the Strikers have so much in common?
Speaker 1: Start off really poor but and really well that finished strong.
Speaker 4: That's so true.
Speaker 2: It was texting you last night, what about our boy, the coolest redheaded on the planet, Lloyd Hope.
Speaker 3: It probably doesn't get obviously doesn't get a game, probably if she Carn's there. So from a bit of a dour situation, Lloyd Pope rises through the ranks and takes four far.
Speaker 2: Would have got a hat trick too, but there was one ball in between, you know, the second and third wicket, so that.
Speaker 1: Would be annoying on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have got a hat trick, but didn't do it. The next ball after the cricket stuff, these six fifteen machine.
Speaker 2: Quis Yes Tammy from Greenacres congratulations first and foremost, you are in the running to go see Taylor Swift in Tokyo.
Speaker 5: Beautiful. Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: Hi are you morning? Was so good? Welcome to twenty twenty four. Tammy.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, I go back to work today.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people. I think a lot of people went back last week. But today is just those ones who are the.
Speaker 2: Last remnants of the ones that were still on holidays.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we live that extra week to recover from the Christmas news.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, isn't it. Tammy? All right, Tammy the six fifteen vending machine. You know how it works?
Speaker 2: Three questions for You've just got to get the third one right and then you have a crack at the prizes. First question, Ozzie, Princess Mary just became queen of which European country?
Speaker 4: Benmark will done?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Question two?
Speaker 2: In the human body, what is the more common name of the patella?
Speaker 5: I know you do, and I want to say, I want to say the legs.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tammy. Good, best of luck at work today.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thanks guys, and happy birthday duty by the way.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Tammy. That's very sweet. Thank you so much. Adam from Edwinstown. Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: Good work, Adam, Thank you so much. Now tell us this in the human body? What is the more common name of the patella?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: How are your pateller's going to Adam?
Speaker 4: I fear your brother.
Speaker 2: I've got netball patellers putting your patellers through hell. All right, get this right here, Adam, and you get a crack at the vending machine. This theme song is from which iconic kids TV show.
Speaker 4: Where Are People? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, well done, well done, Adam. Okay, I need you to select a letter between A and C.
Speaker 4: What's going to be very fast?
Speaker 1: Oudam knows the drill. The chips are back.
Speaker 2: The chips are back, by the way, and I have to say, there were three packets of Smith's in the studio. We're down to one. Someone's helped themselves in the holidays, Adam.
Speaker 4: What was the Smith's chips? Monster? The gobble monsters?
Speaker 1: All right? Now a number between two and six, Adam, two? Okay a two? Oh yeah, that's what he says. Okay, far up the machine.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, good stuff by the six fifthe as well.
Speaker 4: It's very athletic.
Speaker 1: This morning, solid spitting out of the price.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, this is great, Adam, because these are a hot commodity at the moment, you've won a family pastor to the Adelae thirty six.
Speaker 4: Yes, well done, Adam, well done.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the basketball. Thank you, thank you, Adam. It's nice, Adam, Adams.
Speaker 4: No, you're starting to get some luffy birtha, aren't you.
Speaker 1: It's good. Well that's zero from you and no present so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, just our hole tight, hold tight. Some good things might be around the corner. It might not be, yeah, but there might be. All right, that's all we'll say.
Speaker 4: Okay, what isn't it? Just the best most as the kids say, viving places in Adelaide? That's what.
Speaker 3: Have it on, Hazy and have it on Jodie is all of that. We need a collection of really close friends slash listeners, and we just go off and we create core memories that will last a lifetime.
Speaker 1: With beautiful friends, with beautiful friends. So we're all about twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four and for this one, we thought, you know what, it's summer. What better way to spend summer in Adelaide?
Speaker 1: The big webs so good, I've.
Speaker 4: Already been I've already been.
Speaker 3: I've taken my son Henry there, and look, it's fair to say that if Henry could give it a thousand.
Speaker 4: Stars out of five, he would.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you got the tiny weggie for the real good ones. Yep, you got the just right weggie, which he nails because he's five.
Speaker 4: Yes, And then you got the big weggie it's pretty solid. And then you got the big chuck.
Speaker 1: Or that shuts you out out the bottom of.
Speaker 3: The spits you out at the bottom. That's quite intense. That's for the big kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so much fun. The kids will absolutely love it. And the vision of you and Tom Wren running shirtless through the big wedgie and splashing each other in the water, see it into my brain for fraternity.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: We were very much the oldest there by a long long way and a few sort of raised eyebrows in terms of some of the other parents who are watching two grown men hug each other and run around at a kid's water slide holding hands, bud.
Speaker 4: Look, it is what it is. We just created a beautiful core memory.
Speaker 1: Listen, love is love, you know, love to do it, mate, don't judge it.
Speaker 4: Give the times. It's twenty twenty four Judes, All right, who's to go? Yeah, it's a family.
Speaker 1: Bussy's twenty four ten. If you want to go along to the Big Wedgie.
Speaker 2: It is getting to the pointing end of the school holidays too, where the kids are bored.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're bored.
Speaker 4: They will absolutely love this and I loved it as well. Do you know why I did this?
Speaker 3: A few days ago when the third test was on? Yeah, so Henry set himself up and he went down. So we're down for an hour and he was just on fire. He burnt so much energy.
Speaker 4: Do you know what Dad did?
Speaker 3: He sat in the corner under the shade, He watched the cricket on KO on his phone and he enjoyed a delicious little box of pringles.
Speaker 2: Oh that's magnificent. I love that for you, Thank you so much, joy. How did a pringles to? How'd you get your big hands in that little can?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was an effort. Sometimes you go to tipm out straight in your mouth.
Speaker 3: There's no judgment of the big weggie, so it's behind that's rights.
Speaker 1: Still we're going back into cases on this day in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, you heard right, Sweaty on this days he returns for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I think, don't start on that toad sweety, don't sweet.
Speaker 3: It really set you up in the Darktory. Oh, let's take a little trip down and remembery the lane. Fifteenth of January. Let's go back to nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do it, don't do what, don't make an age joke, don't again set the tone for the.
Speaker 1: Rest of the year.
Speaker 4: Right now, it was thirty six, but today's Jodie's bad. Who knows what year you bought?
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone, well I have to scroll down quite a bit when I do that thing. What you were born, you know, on the est and you've got to fill it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's ad though, isn't it all right?
Speaker 1: So you could did hany birthday Jody.
Speaker 3: Also on this day, Jody's birthday, nineteen ninety nine, basketball superstar Michael Jordan announces his second retirement. He returned in two thousand and one with Washington second stints in basketball with the Wizards. It wasn't quite as quid as Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't pan out probably the way he would have envisaged, because he.
Speaker 3: Was old, Like clearly he was old, but because it was in New Kicks, people still expecting him to be as good as he.
Speaker 4: Used to be, and for me, tarnished his legacy just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you trying to sound age just because that's how it feels in this Miss Daisy? Really hazy on this Dasy.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: On the basebook driving Miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and nine Chesley Sulenburger Lands US Airways Flight fifteen forty nine on the Hudson River. All passengers and crew members survive and what has become known as the Miracle on Hudson.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that all unfolding like in actual time as it was unfolding.
Speaker 1: No, it was like, oh yeah, it was dramatic.
Speaker 4: Oh so it was like televised around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous, Like a plane has just crashed into the Hudson and then there was live footage of everyone on the slides getting off from It's insane.
Speaker 4: That is insane.
Speaker 3: Twenty fifteen TV comedy Shit's Creek, created by and starring Eugene Levy, Dan Levy, Catherine O'Hara, and Annie Murphy, premiers on CBC in Canada. I'm just trying to think of a better series, a better comedic series.
Speaker 2: It's it's up there, David, David, it's no body, it's great.
Speaker 3: No one's are On January fifteenth, Charity's birthday in nineteen ninety eight was by my cousin, that is Darren Hayes. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm my cousin from Savage Garden, truly madly declarty.
Speaker 4: That's just about it for us.
Speaker 3: But good news, all things coolly are I Glaciers nineties are at nought, naughties at nine.
Speaker 4: It's coming up set in the town on we between twenty four in the morning. Hasn't it for you? I said, we? You just really will you?
Speaker 2: No, it's just been a few words that you've invented it, you know, Lucky.
Speaker 1: We all speak hazy around here.
Speaker 3: The name John, Yeah, a funest.
Speaker 4: We did some research. Finest is a word.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: A proper word.
Speaker 4: Abby's on my team for this.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a word.
Speaker 4: It's a word. It's an over word.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not There are certain words that we shouldn't say because it doesn't sound right, but yes, it's actually a word.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a very casual word. It's not a proper word.
Speaker 4: What sort of words are you talking about? You can't say like moist is always half were talking about a welcome back everyone. Anyway, let's get to the most important thing today, and that is Jody's birth.
Speaker 1: Oh look, I was hoping to gloss over it. It's not true.
Speaker 3: It happens each and every year, and each and every year, just get that little bit more bitter. Yeah, twenty twenty four is going to be different. Okay, you've just turned twenty six. Yeah, and you've got a really bright future.
Speaker 4: Ahead of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible. How I've just turned twenty six. I've had four kids, I've had two marriages, a lot, quite a long radio I've crammed a lot in for a twenty six year old.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. It seems like you started working in radio from around about the age of three or four. Yeah, I know, just incredible.
Speaker 1: What's even more incredible was the fact that I have a twenty three year old daughter. Wow. Wait, do the maths on that.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And it's also her birthday today, So happy birthday to.
Speaker 3: Taylor how's that for a dynamic Mum and daughter share the same birthday.
Speaker 2: If she had to come out a bit quicker, it would have been on the fourteenth, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: She's right on the edge. So what early early that morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty four hours of labor. Thanks for that.
Speaker 4: Good on your Taylor.