Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show. Hey, welcome to your Wednesday, Whacky Wednesday, if you will, I've got any things to discuss right off the top, please. In fact, that Travis kel skipped his Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: After party, yeah, Dom Dolla went and Ossie was there.
Speaker 1: His team lost the super Bowl, Yes, is that why he skipped the party? Or maybe he was just.
Speaker 2: Hanging with Tay Maybe, but I still think he should have showed, even just for twenty minutes, just so that there was no story that he didn't appear, because he does look to me like a bit of a sore loser.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: The rest of your teammates are there, show up. Brother.
Speaker 1: Having said that, you and I aren't competitive people. If you're a competitive person, it's a real big deal when you lose something, but you and I are so used to losing everything totally, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Totally, it doesn't matter to us.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you've set me a task for the year to serve a look once a week and and eat out once a for fortnight. And I've just got to see where the rules are. Okay, so today I'm not inactive wear, but I'm not sure this is serving a look I'm wearing a jean, a nice shoe, and a fresh white T shirt.
Speaker 2: You are absolutely serving a look, so that counts. Yeah, that's a fantastic T shirt. I love the collar. A white tea tucked into some denim with a kick is a look.
Speaker 1: Okay? Done? Does the eating out once a fortnight? Does it count if you're sitting alone at a food court eating dumplings that you bought from a stool?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not?
Speaker 1: Okay, al right, I thought I was pushing it there.
Speaker 2: You're pushing it with that a food court. We often talk about how grim they are.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was so green.
Speaker 2: Hey, I tell you what's not grim. A brand new laptop will be playing laptop Lottery before three register by the Nova player Up but next Misstic Chrissy thirteen twenty four. If you'd like your mind red the Chrissy Swan.
Speaker 1: Show, I mean gorgeous footage of my Queen and Savior reaching into her purse and giving hot cash to the Grammys workers the after party.
Speaker 2: I love that it was the after party workers, because she would have been feeling so merry and generous.
Speaker 1: You can tell she was both of those things. All let's do this, Speke Savors is helping Chrissy with her mystical visions.
Speaker 2: Should have gone to Speke Savis.
Speaker 1: Christy, Jerry, Chrissy. Oh, you get sick of people calling you Jerry Maguire or saying, hey, where's Tom? Do you know what?
Speaker 3: It's usually Jerry Springer. It's never Jerry Spye.
Speaker 1: Oh never Jerry Spies. Have you seen that docco on Netflix? The Jerry Springer Docco?
Speaker 3: No, but it is on my list to watch.
Speaker 1: It's good. I mean I watched seven minutes and then fell asleep, but I can all seven minutes was amazing.
Speaker 2: You meant to be his biggest fan. You need to go back and complete that doco. I do.
Speaker 1: I do love Jerry's bringer. Hey why do I see the number ten around you? Jerry?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Am? I a ten out of ten?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: You tell me?
Speaker 3: Probably not a ten?
Speaker 2: But what would what would you rate yourself? Jerry? Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: You maybe like an eight.
Speaker 1: I like that. Actually that's a good phone.
Speaker 2: Would you raise yourself? I could not come. I love that. I'm obsessed with this. I'm going to really think about it.
Speaker 1: Jerry. I just wouldn't talk more about the number ten. Does ten come up in your life a lot. Just think about it, like the house that you grew up in. Or did one of your family members come like one of ten? I don't know. Just park it with you. Why do I see the word Warana around you?
Speaker 4: What is that word?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a suburb on the Sunshine Coast. I believe Warana.
Speaker 2: Do you really like I say it with the anna, don't you?
Speaker 1: Why is there a motor home around you, Jerry?
Speaker 3: Oh, we just bought one.
Speaker 2: Well done, That's why finally we've got to here.
Speaker 1: There's an old lady around you who like to wear fur.
Speaker 3: That'd be my mum.
Speaker 2: What kind of fur are we talking? Mystic?
Speaker 1: I just see like a fur stole, like a fur. Real fur.
Speaker 3: Should be more synthetic. I love your restraints.
Speaker 1: You're a bit of a collector, Jerry. Or you live with a collector?
Speaker 3: No, I fear collectors. Supporting is not for me.
Speaker 1: That's why it's come up.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get along with the woman I'm currently sitting in the studio with.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, love, Love and a locket. There's a locket.
Speaker 3: There's a lot, maybe a Valentine's Day present, who knows?
Speaker 1: Maybe? But inside is a photograph of a chocolate big m.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Chrissy, you literally just hit the nail ahead. I'm the biggest chocy milklover. I don't drink coffee. I'm chocky milks through and through.
Speaker 1: I think we'll end it there, Ja, I think I'll wear ahead.
Speaker 2: Jerry, what are your thoughts on the Cocoa Bella chocolate coconut water.
Speaker 3: I'm not a coconut water person that tastes like cornflake milk. To me, it's not.
Speaker 1: But can I tell you you rap your laugh and give around the Coco Bella chocolate just like dracas and your life? Will we've ever changed?
Speaker 2: Hey, Jerry seen it?
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: We are sending you a VIP Specsaviors voucher for one pair of glasses or sunglasses and two hundred and fifty dollars cash.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of chocolate milk. My friend the Crisy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: You never thought I'd say this. I agree with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, this could get controversial depending on what it's on.
Speaker 1: Well, it's about the plastic straws. We talked about it last week. We've got some more to say.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one of our callers, in sweeping statements, said that we should bring them back. And I know it's bad for the environment. We all know that, and they get into see life. But we agree, we.
Speaker 1: Agree, and I know that that's terrible. I have listened to what the Great Man said about it.
Speaker 5: We're going back to plastic straws. These things don't work. I've had them many times, and on occasion they break, they explode if something's hot. They don't last very long, like a matter of minutes, sometimes a matter of seconds. It's a ridiculous situation. So we're going back to plastic straws. I think it's okay.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: He even questions himself at the end.
Speaker 1: There there's a couple of things that I do want to question. And what he said, what is a paper store ever exploded? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: No, never, it's never exploded. It goes limp, it.
Speaker 1: Goes limp and it sticks together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's never exploded.
Speaker 1: And also, who's drinking a hot drink through a straw?
Speaker 2: No one, no one. It's for a straw is used for a niced latte or a smoothie, or a post mix, a soft drink, not a hot drink.
Speaker 1: And I did a little bit of research into why were they? Why were they banned? Like what happened that the plastic straw was isolated as the villain? When I see plastic cups all the.
Speaker 2: Time, like great question Swine.
Speaker 1: With like smoothies in it or Frappe's for.
Speaker 2: Example, my iced long black sye having a plastic cup with that big dome.
Speaker 1: The big dome is plastic.
Speaker 2: Even the post mixed drinks we buy the lead is plastic. Still, yet we get stuck with an awful paper straw, Like why was the paper the plastic straw the first to be villainized?
Speaker 1: I agree? And also like even the supermarket when you buy your cordial, it's in plastic. I just don't understand why the plastic straw was the first one to get the bullet and the only one. Really, Then it seems like that the most useful practical things have been outlawed and replaced by paper alternatives that do not work and cause us massive issues. And I'm looking at you shopping bags. Yeah, can I tell you the amount of times that my shopping has fallen out of the bottom of a paper bag? I would have a dollar if I if someone paid me every time, I'm going to have other million dollars if someone paid me a dollar every time it happened. It's stupid.
Speaker 2: We don't remember to always bring a bag that's re usable from home or a tope.
Speaker 1: Generally I do, but sometimes I don't. And you know that's just annoying. It's a terrible alternative.
Speaker 2: And we're not complete, Like we love the environment. And I know apparently swanny straws take at least two hundred years to decompose. But and there's a really start here that around the world, the equivalent of one garbage track of plastic enters the ocean every minute. That's awful, right bad. But let me tell you some other sauces in that garbage truck of plastic. We're talking plastic bags. We're talking toothbrushes. Yes, let's let's get let's give it kids timber wooden toothbrushes before we outlaw the plastic straw.
Speaker 1: That is a really good idea because they work. They work the same as the plastic corsion.
Speaker 2: Or put them onto an electric toothbrush and it will last them a long time.
Speaker 1: Do you use an electric toothpa.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've had.
Speaker 1: Them and then I just never remember to charge them and then they get khaki underneath.
Speaker 2: You remember to charge something else. I reckon you can remember charge out to toothbrush, plastic bottles, food packaging. There is so much more that needs to go first. I agree anyway, Sliding drug dms at The Christy Swanshow. If you've got any feedback on that segment, because we can read that out in Chrissy's corresponding, we'd love to hey next. Chrissy's Laptop Lottery returns register via the Nova Player app if you need a new laptop The.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show, The Crissy Swan Show. Everybody, Hello, you're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show on nov. Let's give away some laptops.
Speaker 2: Shelving for student devices. See the experts and harding on it.
Speaker 1: Unbeatable deals on laptops, tablets, headphones and more.
Speaker 6: There's brands, there's range, there's prices guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan's Laptop Lottery. I believe there are two things that everyone should experience in their lifetime. One a brand new car just once, okay, and a brand new laptop. There is something so promising about it.
Speaker 2: The box on boxing, Yes, yes, taking like that plastic sheet off the top of the lid on the laptop and.
Speaker 1: It's peeling back the screen save out by the screenkeeper.
Speaker 2: And sometimes there's a bit of felt on the on the yes.
Speaker 1: And then you've got to download all your programs and oh it's just delicious. Welcome to the microphone, Tom, Hello, how are we? How are you Chris Master? I'm fabulous, I mean obviously, how else are you? All right? Tell us what the rules are and what we're doing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: So we're playing laptop lottery. Firstly, we have Shelley, our carryover champ from yesterday. Jack is playing on behalf of Shelley.
Speaker 2: Hello, Shelly. Hello, Shelley wasn't quite the champion, she was the loser.
Speaker 7: No, that's correct, she wasn't. She was a carryover loser carry.
Speaker 1: Because was I playing harder? I can't remember. But good on you, Shelley, good luck all right.
Speaker 7: And our second player is Casey. Christy is playing on behalf of Casey from South Australia.
Speaker 1: Hu, Hi, case how are you feeling? Are you confident that I'm going to win you this laptop?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I've got your back all the way.
Speaker 1: Good on you, mate. What do you need it for?
Speaker 4: Finishing my final year of UNI this year? So this might give me the motivation to push through.
Speaker 2: Good Yes, and Shelley, what do you need it for to find your local bottle shop or Netflix?
Speaker 3: I will if Christy I don't win today.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 8: I did have a laptop and my daughter broke hers. Yeah, so she has taken mine and now I don't have one.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, all right, let's get into it.
Speaker 7: Question number one, what is the smallest bone in the human body?
Speaker 1: It is the staphone.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say, Chrissy, because she got in first with her voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I said it is the States and you just went STAPs.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I still gave the answer, but I.
Speaker 1: Said that I was saying the answer when you said it.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 7: Okay, great, one point to Chrissy.
Speaker 1: Question number two, what's her name?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Enough? Question numbers? That's a competitive All right, here you go. Question number two.
Speaker 7: When shopping all products on the Harvey Norman website, finish this category, oh my god, cameras, printers, and center correct.
Speaker 1: All right, we have one point each. This one is for the win. Are we ready to go? Wait, no, we're not. I got you to have open I like a mouse. What I don't like using my fingers?
Speaker 2: This is fun, all right, We're ready to go.
Speaker 7: Question number three for the win.
Speaker 2: S worry about us?
Speaker 7: What is the name for the Greek goddess of victory?
Speaker 2: Nike?
Speaker 7: Jack, you are the winner for Shelley who.
Speaker 2: Sorry, brand new laptop shell?
Speaker 3: Oh thank you all right.
Speaker 7: But o Casey, you don't go home empty handed. We have got a one hundred dollars out from Harvey Norman's.
Speaker 4: Your way, amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's gone your week.
Speaker 2: Register finding overplayer up if you'd like to play tomorrow The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Where is Where is the Love? And also where is Christy? And Jack? With busy looking at Drake's receipt you're listen to the grizzies. Let's do this Chrissy's clique. I just want to talk about Pete Davidson. He is finally finally showing the sight of him that I always knew was there the hot side.
Speaker 2: So before this you were what were they calling.
Speaker 1: Him rodentyfriend boyfriend? He was one of the league of rodent boyfriends. I do believe the original one is that guy from the.
Speaker 2: Bear, Jeremy Allen White.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Allen White is the original rodent boyfriend. It was a look that went through. Yeah, what went through was all last year and Timothy Chalomaye also rodent. You get the vibe. I never actually thought that Pete Davidson should have been on that list.
Speaker 2: I do. I think he's more so a hot rodent boyfriend than Jeremy Allen White. Do you know why? Because he's skinny and rodent, like, like, Jeremy Allen White's gonna be a bit stock here and toned compared to.
Speaker 1: Pete davids So you're doing the body no and vibe. No, I think it's a purely face.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think it's your Jeremy Allan.
Speaker 1: White looks like he could enjoy a cruciferous vegetable and live in a hutch, don't you think where Peter Davidson doesn't ah like a hamster?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, he has. Some photographs have been released of him in a new ad campaign. I've been so distracted by the photographs that I don't even know what he's advertising.
Speaker 2: It's for Reformation, it's their Valentine's Day campaign.
Speaker 1: What is Reformation?
Speaker 2: It is a fashion brand ah over in the States.
Speaker 1: Oh so okay, let me Obviously radio is not visual, but let me just let me just talk you through this. Pete Davidson with no tattoos. We spoke about him recently getting his two hundred tattoos removed and he said it hurts like hell. There is no way he's had all those removed.
Speaker 2: No, that takes like four years of.
Speaker 1: Lasers exactly, and you can still see it. Come on, you can't see any tattoos, and that's makeup.
Speaker 2: I think I think you're correct. Also, being at the gym.
Speaker 1: He is looking very well, and I think he may be clean and sober.
Speaker 2: Do you I think so. I think he would be because he seems like I've seen a lot of press he's been doing in interviews, and after this most recent rehab stint, he seems really good and sort of clear of mind.
Speaker 1: He's reclining on a like a tobacco colored carpet in the most gorgeous pair of pants, a cream pair of pants. I'm sure people most people aren't looking at the pants at the trouser. No, it's a great pair of trouser.
Speaker 2: He's almost in this most recent shoot, he's almost on par with Jacob Alordie for me. Now, wow, yeah, like this is how good he's looking. I wish Kim would get back with him. I loved them as a couple. I did too, with something different.
Speaker 1: Sadly, you know that those tattoos have gone. Remember he got tattoos of her kids' names. They've gone. One little question for you I have asked last week have you seen his film with the kids Staaten Island? You must? Can I set it as a house as homework this weekend or are you too busy? Ye?
Speaker 2: No, this this weekend. I can do it. I've actually I'm having a chill night in Saturday night, so I can do it.
Speaker 1: You're not shadowing every plan that Drake ever had.
Speaker 2: And he's out of my city by then. I am going to Charlie XCX on Friday night, which I'm quite exciting.
Speaker 1: That will be amazing.
Speaker 2: Saturday night, I'm having a night in so i'll watch it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Drake, Yes, it's still in our country.
Speaker 2: Isn't he sure is? His third show is happening in Melbourne tonight.
Speaker 1: He's given great Like you know, he's given great receipts in that he's eaten at all the good places he has. Are you feeling a bit cheated because he's gone to everywhere that you like?
Speaker 2: No, No, I feel Do you know how happy I feel about this oneing? I love? Obviously we're full disclosure. We're broadcasting from Melbourne. He has been to all of my favorite places in Melbourne, including Electric. Now since we last spoke, it's bizarre Nandos Street.
Speaker 1: So your your kind of social calendar involves Mason Batad yep, no boo Electric at any opportunity, any and as a sort of a remedy to all of those shenanigans, you are often at Nando's getting the I love Nando's.
Speaker 2: The chicken wrapt lemon herd chicken rapp at Nando's is my vibe.
Speaker 1: I do think I've ever had Nandos? Have I had Nandos?
Speaker 2: No, you said this last year, and we got it for you. I swear, I swear we made we made Reber.
Speaker 1: The chips were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I love that an artist has come to this country and embraced the cities. Like when he was in Perth, he was going out in Melbourne he's gone everywhere. I'm sure when he goes to Sydney and Brisbane he'll do the same. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic, and we feel a big connection to him. Now. I'm looking at a receipt at Nando's for two thousand, six hundred and fifty one dollars and seventy five cents. I mean, majority of that was the spicy chicken, the whole hot.
Speaker 2: Chicken, fifteen extra hot whole chickens. Oh, he's a healthy boy, though. Thirty garden salad swani.
Speaker 1: That's a waste. Anybody knows that you could go to the supermarket.
Speaker 2: Okay mom, get whole.
Speaker 1: Leases and just chop them up. Surely there's somebody in that entourage. What does that adourage do apart from eat food paid for by Drake?
Speaker 2: They just stand around him. I think they're just hype girls. I saw a really funny TikTok whilst Kendrick Lamar was performing at the Super Bowl. They were at Crown in Melbourne and they're all just sitting in this room looking depressed, watching Kendrick, looking at each other and looking.
Speaker 1: Back yeah, and listening to the distrack.
Speaker 2: The dis YESI this track. Before we leave this segment, though, I need to lift the curtain on an email I received from the Coco Bella publicity team.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I was going to get there. Drake has fallen in love with chocolate Coco Bella water, which is another one of your.
Speaker 2: Things, my favorite.
Speaker 1: He's obsessed with you.
Speaker 2: How good is this?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm the human this public says.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: Jack heard the mention of Drake's love of Coco Bela last week and wanted to give you the inside word that he has now officially made Cocoa Bella chocolate coconut water part of his backstage rider for the remainder of his Aussie tour. He will be downing up to seventy two liters per city.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I reckon I could give him a run for his money on that.
Speaker 2: One would chill for the one who's offered to send some in for us. So I'm going to test you to that. The answer is yes, Please tune in tomorrow. Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm here, Hi, and so is Jack. How are you going? Are you enjoying yourself today? I survived my public speaking for a yes.
Speaker 2: Because you ran from the show yesterday to speak at a radio conference. You are very open and honest about being a little bit nervous about it, which surprises a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It does, but I can explain it to you in the easiest way. Yes, there are many people listening to me right now, but I can't see them. All I can see is you, hey. And that's exactly so. In a room full of thousands of people or whatever, I do lose my mind a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm completely the same. I get more nervous mc in the mate's wedding than I do doing a national radio show.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny? So the great thing about yesterday was I couldn't see anyone. The lights were such that I was there and I knew that they were there, but I could not see anybody. It was dark from before the first row.
Speaker 2: Brilliant.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Were there any curly questions or anything that caught you off guard?
Speaker 1: No? No, I mean I was insane as per But you know, I think my employer understands that what they were getting into. But I survived it, so I'm proud of myself.
Speaker 2: Well done, Swanne. You should be hey before four o'clock. You're introducing me to something that I'm not across host.
Speaker 1: Core hosting corps.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll talk about that before fore. But next Christy's Quezy, The.
Speaker 8: Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's give away bumbard Chrissy's Quizzy. Hey, Petra, big week at your place, especially for your girl.
Speaker 3: Hey, how you going good?
Speaker 1: What's happening there?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: What's happening with your daughter?
Speaker 4: She's just home from prep for the day for the first month.
Speaker 1: But how's she going? How's she going with the new grown up responsibilities of being a schoolgirl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: I bet you she's tired. God, they get so tired.
Speaker 2: Do you still get that date? Like I remember the first is it term of preper you get like a Wednesday off you get Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Today, that's today.
Speaker 1: I think we should bring that in today. We should bring that in, Petra. What do you think everyone?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's a little.
Speaker 1: Rest to Rooney, Hello, Jule, Hello, you're doing a school pickup, right back into it, right back into it.
Speaker 8: Literally finished work at.
Speaker 1: School, don't you find I mean, you know, we did it every day last year, and then you have a holiday and then you forget how to do it again?
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, routine, routine.
Speaker 8: It went well, but it was nice thing at home.
Speaker 1: I know routine does work well until it doesn't. Yeah, all right, ladies, your names are your buzzers. It's the best of five men in the first person to get three answers creep wins, the game gets the bump bag. And look, Jack's been very generous recently and he's been giving away things. I don't know why, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm I said, twenty twenty five is my year. I'm feeling happy and loving life. Don't try and I know what you're trying to do here?
Speaker 1: What's something? Question number one, which Australians soccer star has been found not guilty of racially aggravated Yes, Jules.
Speaker 4: The Matilda star metha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sam Kirk exactly. Question number two. That was an unusual case, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: It was? It was the footage was interesting. Luckily we're not on a current affair and we don't need to date dive into it.
Speaker 1: No, were you just talking about what is the word starting with bee to describe the process of smoothing or shining a surface? Petra Yes, Petra, buffing, it is buffing.
Speaker 2: These gals are good. Question number three.
Speaker 1: Eighteen years ago today, Beyonce and Shakira released this song. Yes, jute, it is beautiful line.
Speaker 2: I just enjoy a bit of it. Beautiful.
Speaker 1: We know this song, don't you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Quite often when I don't immediately recognize a song, I look back at what year it was released, and that explains everything to me. What year was it?
Speaker 2: It was two thousand and three, you were in Big Brother?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was isn't that old?
Speaker 2: Eighteen years ago?
Speaker 1: Eighteen years ago?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, what was it tom two thousand and six?
Speaker 2: Oh? Were you depressed on the Sunshine Coast? Yes? I was cool, Yes already. Two points to Julie and one point to Petra. Question number four.
Speaker 1: Which Greek island has been hit with earthquakes? Yes, Jewelsini, it is Santurini. Jewels, you are an absolute viper on that, on that quizzy, You've got yourself the bum bag.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to give both Jewels and Petra Baker's Delight vouchers because they both have kids in school, and I feel like that will help them with school lunches.
Speaker 1: It's thank you will. Nothing helps more nothing Good Good on your Geels the Crissy Swan Show. I love that song in my top twenty of all time.
Speaker 2: I reckon we say every time how much we love the script. I would love to play more of the script in his show.
Speaker 1: Why don't we do an entire break just dedicated to our family songs? I think it's time. I think I think it's time to time. In the credit page.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday, the twelfth of February, it feels like time to give the script they love.
Speaker 1: The time is right to honor the script. You're listening to the Christy Swan Show on over I want to talk about hosting Core.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not across this, okay.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe that I know something in the in the in the lexicon, in the parlance of our times, in the zeitgeist, that you do not know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know everything.
Speaker 1: Correction, I used to know. I used to know everything. I haven't even been to Mason Batad I know. And you what, you don't think that I would have been there on opening nights, shucking those oysters back and ordering the steak with the three different sources. Yes, I would have, once upon a time, in another lifetime.
Speaker 2: What happened to you, What happened anyway, happened hosting core.
Speaker 1: Hosting core. It's actually what happened to me and hosting core are strangely related. So hosting core is a trend for twenty twenty five. Okay, and weirdly, I was doing it before I knew that there was a name for it. Do you know when that you know? That happens occasionally? So have you noticed that I am? I have been enjoying even as far back as my fiftieth birthday party and previously. I love to put together beautiful events for people I love at home. You do, and that includes choosing the cutlery and the table runner and the like, the serviettes and all of that tablecloths, the flowers, everything. I love it.
Speaker 2: The attention to detail that you put in is second to none.
Speaker 1: Well, I've gone next level. I now have a cabinet in that room off the kitchen, that the photoshoot room, the photoshoot room, the storage room, the whiteboard room where Leo alleges that he's studies all of that. So I've got this long band of cupboards, and in those cupboards is all my hosting stuff, according to theme and you know category.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for example, your fiftieth last year, Yes, the theme was yellow.
Speaker 1: The theme was yellow. But you may also remember I used a vintage Villeroy and b Acapulco print dinner set that I got very very cheaply and didn't realize it was so valuable. I just like the way it looked, but we ate off that, and that's sort of what kicked me off.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Since then, I've had a lady's luncheon with like little crystal cut from Kmart. But you can get away with so much little crystal cut vasas with different sort of wild flowers that you go and get like at the end of the florist day, so that don't cost anything. What is it called fabric napkins? By the way, thirteen twenty four? Ten, Am I talking your language here, because it's a very special desire and gift to set a table in a theme.
Speaker 2: So you try to tell me your Australia's Martha Stewart.
Speaker 1: Correct, got it? Then Leo I threw a Middle Eastern party for him through sixteenth Yes.
Speaker 2: With that beautiful food you hear, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it was amazing. But the table decorations I bought like really like twenty five dollars runners carpet runners, doubt, and they were the centerpiece of each table.
Speaker 2: I love a runner. It's really elegant and sophisticated.
Speaker 1: On a table, like amazing. And then I had or I had fresh lemons and little pots of rosemary that I cut from my garden, like I've gone next level.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago, I did a Greek feast and instead of just going, oh, here you go, here's like he's here's the wraps, I had blue and white. I got little blue and white enamel bowls from Kmar. Okay, like I am next level.
Speaker 2: Now wonder you had to get a skip and declutter your house because you've now got to fill it with all this other shit.
Speaker 1: No, but everything is going to be reused. Everything's being reused. I've reused things on several occasions. It gives me so much joy hosts hosting core. It also means that you've got drinks and snacks at the ready whenever anyone comes over. You are the ultimate host. And the key thing about that is you don't have to leave the house. I was going to say, thirteen twenty four to ten, are you into hosting Core. Is this your love language?
Speaker 2: Let me know it's also cost efficient? Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? The Chrissy Swan Show. And if you're free on Saturday, why don't you come over. I'm doing an American themed night.
Speaker 2: You actually this Saturday?
Speaker 1: You should when I think about it. No Peg has asked for a Yankee themed kind of birthday because she loves all of that stuff. We should want to reajact chears.
Speaker 2: You know, we should do it and bring back do like heaps of plastic straws.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure. Off the back of Trump's executive order.
Speaker 1: A great thing about hosting Core. It is a trend for twenty twenty five. You know I'm going to say I said it. I said the trend. And it's all about theme functions for your friends. It's about being a lovely place for your friends to come over to.
Speaker 2: It's about not having to pay for dinners at restaurants and leaching off your friends.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: I know I'm here for that.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for that.
Speaker 2: Sign me up, Steph.
Speaker 1: Are you all about hosting Core?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: Christy and Jack? First of all, I love you guys, like this is my absolute love language. But we're talking about corp at like the finest. I'm someone who loves having their friends and family over treading that arm beyond, you know, creating that kind of atmosphere that you just can't get at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Did you know, Steph, that it had a name that it was hosting Core.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was coasting something but no, And I kind of feel like it's now like a secret language that like you know, we're all in like I can't.
Speaker 1: And how exciting is it? Like we were just talking then about sort of an American themed So now what happens? Jack? And you will understand this, Steff, because you are also a hosting Cora. Now that that's been mentioned, it must happen. And it's parked in my brain. So wherever I am online, shoving or whatever, walking past two dollars shop, if I see something that.
Speaker 2: Would look good for the American theme.
Speaker 1: For the American theme, I'll get it.
Speaker 2: I love this now, Yeah, Steph, give us one like detail that you really put into your dinners or events, like give us like a I don't know, is it a type of place matter or a candle? What do you do? That's very you?
Speaker 4: So for me, I'm known for my layering of candles in the same perpiece, similar to what Chrissy was saying about the table runner. I'm known for like layering different kind of candles but not having your typical candle kind of sense. I'm known for like literally, if say I was doing an American thing in a party, creating, like selecting a candle that's specific to like an American maybe like oak wood or something that reminds like a guest of Yellowstone Park, layering it in the most exquizard.
Speaker 2: Way like I am.
Speaker 4: I'm not being you know, up myself, but I'm pretty good.
Speaker 1: Isn't it great when you find like clearance candlesticks for one dollar ninety nine was thirty dollars and then you have them all in the different heights and textures.
Speaker 4: And like, honestly, I hear discount shops anything that like that, like risting.
Speaker 1: It Victoria's basement. O.
Speaker 2: God, I think a keyboard would be proud of you stuff. And also I'm going to send you a soda stream for your home and your events.
Speaker 4: Oh my goshure wow, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Then you can make a signature drink, yes, steph hockey tea cocky teas let's go to Victorious oneing. Hello, how are you am? I coming over to your place for an English afternoon tea.
Speaker 8: Mom, Oh, you're more than welcome.
Speaker 1: There's lots of teered like presentation things, aren't there, Like little sandwiches and then little petty fours and then cupcakes. You've got a lot of them, haven't you.
Speaker 8: Vic Oh, it's absolutely great because like an alph in Wonderland, like mad Heather Vibe. So everyone's got their own little teacups and sauces. Like I got to the op shop and I find these really cool sauces and teacups and teapots. It's a whole heap of fine.
Speaker 3: It's really good, so fun.
Speaker 1: And then and then once you've finished using them on that occasion, you don't throw it away because you can use the teacups in another month as vases or you know, as somewhere to put the rolled butter.
Speaker 8: Yeah that's a good idea. But I just love them because I keep them because that's so original. And sometimes if I'm feeling gen I guess to actually take their home there pup, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm mad for giving people a gift as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Victoria's rich aside a stream for you, Victoria.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy's One Show, first Chrissy's Cliques, the White Lotus. Finally we get to see it just Monday. Monday.
Speaker 2: I am so excited.
Speaker 1: I've actually watched the first two of these. I can't believe it in their entirety.
Speaker 2: It is so impressive from you.
Speaker 1: Very rare for me to say that, very rare.
Speaker 2: Did you love them both?
Speaker 1: I love them both good. I love them both for different reasons. I'm sad that Jennifer Coolidge is not going to be in this season.
Speaker 2: So am I because she really adds something. But I have such faith in the production team of this show that I don't think we'll miss sir. They're so good at making you fall in love with characters.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't seen White Lotus and you don't know what it's about, it's essentially if you like the premise, they just move that premise to different locations, so it's just what happens in a hotel slash resort. So really, if they can do ten thousand series, yeah, I know you know. The first one was in Hawaii? Is that right? Yes, someone was in Hawaii. The second one was in Italy, Italy, and this one is in Thailand, correct, So really, I mean the world is their oyster in terms of locations. Patrick Schwarzenegger stars in the series, and of course very famous surname the son of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and and Arnold's scene it given him the seal of approval, given the entire season, the seal of approval, and especially the nude scene. He says, I'm not very good at an impersonation. Just try, oh no.
Speaker 2: Just try? Please for me? What a shall keep going?
Speaker 1: I could claim to be surprised to find out he has a nude scene, but what can I say?
Speaker 2: Keep going?
Speaker 1: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Get in the chopper.
Speaker 2: That was probably the worst impersonation I've ever heard you do, and I hope that gets picked up nationally.
Speaker 1: What he's talking about is Annold Schwarzenek actually took his gear off for a photo shoot and then insisted that it be the backdrop. In an interview with Oprah, loved it. He said, why would I hide this. I'm a magnificent sculpture. I'm a work of art.
Speaker 2: I love that level of confidence, and I'm glad to see Patrick. I didn't know Patrick was an actor?
Speaker 1: Is that I didn't know? I didn't know either.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's Bean.
Speaker 1: His mum's one of the Kennedys, the President. What were you just saying, you were just going to give a little pill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on binge from this coming Monday, season three of the White Works.
Speaker 1: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: You got to watch it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of stuff to watch, everyone's talking about the new Bridget Jones film. Everybody. I've only seen the trailer and I was like, oh my god, as if a woman of that age is going to be able to scooch around with her anyway bias.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit.
Speaker 1: People are saying it is the best film of all time.
Speaker 2: You've seen wonni. I saw it last night. I went to a special premiere screening. It was nine out of ten, like it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Does that surprise you?
Speaker 2: It does because often, like you know, the original Bridget Jones was released in what oh two and No.
Speaker 6: Three earlier, I don't know, decades ago anyway, it was so long ago. I was like, how are they going to uphold the sort of comedic value and the inappropriateness while still mixing it with the joyous, warm moments.
Speaker 2: They did a brilliant job. Renee's incredible. Hugh Grant is even funnier. Leo Woodle is fantastic, speaking of White Loaders when we first met him in The White Loaders. Yes, he plays her hot young love interest. It's so good. Go and see it.
Speaker 1: And people say you laugh, you cry, which I love in a film.
Speaker 2: Oh I cried three times but then laughed like thirty times.
Speaker 1: Are you ever menopausal?
Speaker 2: I think I must speak because it's so off rand for me to cry in a public space.
Speaker 1: It is Colin Firth. I don't want to give away too much. Maybe I won't even talk about Colin Firth is in it. So if you're a fan or is he If you are a fan of The Thinking Woman's Crumpet, then do not miss this film. I might take my daughter to seat for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Heg would love it. It hits cinemas tomorrow, so a perfect Valentine's date option perfect have a beautiful night's one, you reculate him and joeler up next.
Speaker 1: To YEA Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Don are you