Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or live stream at nov fm dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Jason on one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, and happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Good morning. We're halfway guys.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: It means chase three more days and you're on school holidays to do the party with the kids.
Speaker 3: You know what if you are holdays, if you do have school holidays coming up, don't worry. We are saving you later on this morning yesterday we offloaded tickets to a Lego Discovery Senate today, brand new event that we want to shout you for the school holidays. We'll give you more details later on, but just that way that'll feel speaking a day of Lego.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got a colleague at work went yesterday to pick up a click and collect Lego the Titanic, oh nine thousand, nine hundred pieces, costing nine hundred and ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: Nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: The box was bigger than him. It's massive, and he had to pick it up from the city store and park. He got the train.
Speaker 2: On and then had to carry the giant box on the train.
Speaker 3: Together through the biking. You've got to lift that.
Speaker 2: Do you know there is a name for those people. They're called A folds adult fans of Lego. There's like groups and they're actually like they're members of a fold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lo's cousin, my wife's cousin. Finber he's a a a foul. He's built the Titanic. But get this right, then he sold it fully like on Facebook marketplace, fully built, and he only lost like one hundred bucks. There's people out there that buy the Lego where I'm like, but that's that's the point. That's the part of.
Speaker 2: It that takes the fun out of exactly.
Speaker 4: Maybe people buy it to claim that they've done it, you know, putting it on the mantel leg Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 3: So you imagine trying to get the box home on the train, the fully built Titanic.
Speaker 2: Oh how would that travel? Though? You have to put it in some giant like you know those big tubs you buy it, like big w for when you're moving or storage tubs. You'd have to put it in one of those.
Speaker 3: Just tuple make something that big.
Speaker 4: So it's just one last thing on the Titanic. This thing, it actually splits in half once it's the detail reveals all the detail on the inside.
Speaker 3: Someone had the someone drunk the Lego cool?
Speaker 4: No, No, I haven't got enough time for that.
Speaker 3: Do you want to come around and help me to the future. Can I'm still that control thing? No? No, it's just the dolor.
Speaker 2: How long have you been working on it?
Speaker 3: About four months?
Speaker 2: Where is it like? Because the other thing is people big Lego things, they like take up their whole dining room table for months and no one's you can't eat at the table, forget about it. It's with a DeLorean love.
Speaker 3: The kids will stand and eat their nuggets tonight, sit.
Speaker 2: On the floor. So what do you do a piece of building is DeLorean?
Speaker 3: No, it's just like when I get time, you know, like I built the Lego roller coaster during COVID. That took me for a month.
Speaker 2: That was five years ago.
Speaker 4: Is it's still in one piece putting in the truck.
Speaker 2: But that's like people that do those like million piece puzzles and then they frame them when they.
Speaker 4: Be careful with the roller coaster.
Speaker 3: It's my pride and joy. Listen to guys in the truck man with the bad.
Speaker 4: White glove movers.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's doorin in her white gloves? How am I going to pack this? Do it again? Other end are coming up on this show today, Lauren. We're pretty honest with each other, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are. We're almost brutally honest with one another. I would say you would you sometimes if I needed to?
Speaker 3: Okay, well you have and you've been caught out. We're going to get to that sh she has.
Speaker 2: Did I mean someone dubbed me in? Who's dubbed me in?
Speaker 5: Dog?
Speaker 6: You dog?
Speaker 2: You're calling me a dog? It's just generally or the person who dubbed me in the dog?
Speaker 3: The dog? After seven o'clock this morning, In fact, seven o'clock, I've got some audio I want to play. So if there's anything you want to come clean about.
Speaker 4: Now, and says Jason audio, Yeah, you should be a good one.
Speaker 3: You've got till seven to come clean about it.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me who's dobbed me in? Just to give me some idea? Or have I dobbed myself in again?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Remember when I a you've actually dobbed yourself in again? Remember when I left your five minute voice message and I didn't know i'd called you poops. I haven't done that again.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Look we're going to get to that. Nick Watson going to be joining us a little bit later on and on a much more serious note. This childcare story is just horrific here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Just I couldn't even really read about it. It's just so sickening. My heart is with anyone who has been affected or who is absolutely and it's worried about this.
Speaker 3: And like I was saying to Lu my wife, no chating about it last night. We've got so many friends who have kids in daycare. We've had our kids in daycare in the past. It's like the fear that parents would have, you know, plus the feeling sending the kids back to daycare this morning. Also the daycare workers that do an amazing job, you know that that would now have just like question marks over them.
Speaker 4: And the list of impacted childcare centers as well is just staggering. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: Mate. Last night, we're on the car, we're on the community Facebook pages last night, and this this phone number that they've given for you to reach out and you know, check your phone number. So this was the one that you mentioned in the news that the government's posted it.
Speaker 4: That's right, is it state government number? And also crime stoppers.
Speaker 3: People couldn't even get through to the state government last night, like the number that they were giving out had like this two hour wait something ridiculous and it's just.
Speaker 2: And is that to find out if your child care is affected or yeah, I think for advice or for counseling.
Speaker 3: A bit of both.
Speaker 4: I think such is the concern and the demand for answers exactly.
Speaker 3: It has not been handled the right way. Look, we're going to get across it this morning. Let's get into it, guys. This is Alex Warren Ordinary. It is six past six. Welcome to your Wednesday. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well. We're doing it thanks to she already Express. You're on Nova. Good morning. That was everyone's day yesterday.
Speaker 2: Good except you know what I did. Got out of bed and I've kicked my foot and I've broken my little toe. I think, And do you guys want to be my what is it called Clinton? Us it all the time? We're MD where you google.
Speaker 3: Things you've broken daily?
Speaker 2: Hang on, I think my little.
Speaker 4: Toe doctors hang on it.
Speaker 3: So it's this is what my son did the other day. It's like, damn, my leg it's fractured. I'm like, it's not. You're walking on it.
Speaker 4: Are your symptoms?
Speaker 2: Well, I said to Paul. I was like, gee, my my toe has started something to the point that my oh yeah, web MD, my whole leg is throbbing. And then he goes, let me look at it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, man, please please, the doctor's not running on time. Please help you soon.
Speaker 2: Well. Doctor Paul, who when I actually broke my hand in seven places, said if you can wriggle your fingers, it's not broken. And I was like, okay, So I left it for a day before I went to the doctor. He looked at my foot and he was like, I think that's broken. It's like bright purple and very swollen and throbbing.
Speaker 3: That's going to hurt your only fans account.
Speaker 4: It could improve, it could, Yes, it's a niche.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyone never broken a toe before?
Speaker 3: No, I've never in my life broken a bone.
Speaker 2: Really really.
Speaker 3: I used to drink a lot of milk when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: That'll do it. It's true.
Speaker 3: As I drink a lot of milkshakes.
Speaker 2: No bones it's all the fixed safe Yeah, it could be that saved your bow or.
Speaker 3: The non physical activity breaking.
Speaker 4: I've broken a lot of broken arms.
Speaker 3: Fingers. Stupid question, Yeah the arm. Yeah, does it really hurt that much? Yes? It does. Because I always had foem at school when kids would come with plaster.
Speaker 2: And I always pretend I needed crutches, I.
Speaker 3: Was the same. Yes, come on, mom, go down the chemist and get some.
Speaker 4: My worst school yard injury was I got pushed off a sly and I put my teeth through my tongue. My tongue was hanging by a thread like a full piercing yeah, and knock myself out cold.
Speaker 2: How did you do it on a slide?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You probably reached the little kid. Yeah, well he shoved me and tumbled down. Were still this isn't a footy match. My dad was coaching, and no one had an idea of who my mum and dad were, so they someone had to carry me to the to the footy over all. The playground was right next door, and Mum was like, look my child pushing in the bar room unconscious, unconscious, tongue half hanging out, shocking. They had to sell it all back together. Jeez, how old were I would have been, you know, twelve thirteen, so very young.
Speaker 2: So I've seen and you were still going down slides in the park. Yeah, most people going down slides.
Speaker 3: Five there was a big, big slide. Well, you're a big boy, big boy, big side.
Speaker 2: Big boy on big slide.
Speaker 3: You can't be doing that, man, you can't be doing that. So what's the plan. You're going to go see a doctor?
Speaker 2: Nah? I don't think you do anything for a toe.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's one of those annoying ones that just repairs. Oh yeah, I just suck it up.
Speaker 3: You can't even put a little plaster on it up. We can't sign it.
Speaker 2: Imagine a tiny little cast or a Tony it's my baby toe.
Speaker 4: We could sign it, Yes, we would. We're probably on the initials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning everyone, and is just gone nineteen past six. Are you coming up next? Los? We are heading to the movies because I know you're Yeah, you're across all the big movies. Do you know this one?
Speaker 2: Come and get it. It's a classic Asventura.
Speaker 3: No, that's not good care not Jim Carrey's voice. Take a listen again, Come and get it, Betty White.
Speaker 2: There's animals in it. That's Betty White.
Speaker 3: That is Betty No, no, no, Betty White the cow. What movie is that? You ever think we're going to come back and test. Hey, guys, it's to the movie. So you know what, it's good movie? Weather it is.
Speaker 2: It is good movie weather, isn't it? Have you spin Formula one yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I want to go see that, and I want to avoid Jurassic Park.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Accountant to yet?
Speaker 3: That's what I need to do. This we wrong. No, I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan.
Speaker 4: What's the underwater version?
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: This one looks pants Jurassic Park underwater.
Speaker 3: It's not Jurassic Yeah. No, there is, like like there's a boat scene and stuff, but the park isn't.
Speaker 4: Actually, so they're swimming dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: There is swimming.
Speaker 4: Thank you, swimming dinsaurse listen.
Speaker 2: Margaret, Crocodiles, dinosaurs, been.
Speaker 3: Swimming dinosaurs and other Jurassic movie Anyway, we're not talking about Jurassic Park. We're talking about James Bond. You know how they're looking for a new Bond. I'm free. They've yeah, they'll give you a call. They've come down and said it's down to three Saltburn actor Jacob a Lording.
Speaker 4: Oh Australian. Oh yeah, very handsome.
Speaker 3: Spider Man's Tom Holland. But young, too young, too short?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think he's too little.
Speaker 3: Yes, imagine him in the bar ordering what's what's the shaken? Not stir? Yeah, like he'd be underage. You'd need to show id and Harris Dickinson, who's that? I don't know. He's some baby girl the sex movie with Nicole.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: No, he can't be a bond guy. He's not a bond guy.
Speaker 3: Harris Dickinson, Harris, did you not see Baby Girl?
Speaker 4: I've seen it's he Oh maybe have you seen.
Speaker 3: Hang On? Have you seen Baby Girl? Oh? Click? What you I think?
Speaker 4: I think the winner is Jacob a Ordi yeah, so far.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Let's be would you cast in it?
Speaker 3: Jason? I think Tom Holland's too young? Yeah, I'll be honest. I've never seen a Bond movie. I'm not a bond guy. No. No, getting a few weird looks in the phone.
Speaker 4: Room, what's totally up to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He needs work of work. I don't see him as a bond Why not Samuel Johnson's drives a post He now in in regional town. Maybe you know. Okay, hey, can we get a bond for a sec? And back to the audio played you before? Because I know you love the movies lots, so I thought this morning we love testing out your movie knowledge. In the past, we've played grabs some movies and you need to work out what movie they're from. You didn't recognize this one, come.
Speaker 1: And get it.
Speaker 3: So how it works today is we're going to tell you the name of the movie and we want you to give us the description of what you think it would be about.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but what was that movie with Betty White and some kind of elephant dragon Lake Placid?
Speaker 3: What is lake plus?
Speaker 5: Seen it?
Speaker 2: Lake Placid would be? I'm picturing it's set in like Canada on a lake and they have like a rottenest monster style thing that lives in the ocean.
Speaker 3: Not bad, not bad, not bad. Clint put her out of a misery.
Speaker 4: Gigantic alligator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, an alligator.
Speaker 3: Huge giant men eating alligator on like a black lake.
Speaker 2: And is it a pet?
Speaker 3: Well, it turns out to be Betty White's pet. She was feeding it from no oscar.
Speaker 4: All right, here's your first Are you ready for this Yep, naked gun thirty three and a third.
Speaker 2: I've never seen any of the naked guns? Is it about a didn't see Nacan Gogan bodyguard for a porn star?
Speaker 4: Frank Drebon Oh sorry, Lieutenant Frank Drevin is a bumbling investigator. It's called back from retirement to apprehended terrorist who was threatened to bomb the Academy Awards.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a piss take.
Speaker 4: He's a bumbling fumbling Is he naked though?
Speaker 3: No? No, he's not naked in the movie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why I thought it might have been for an adult entertainer.
Speaker 3: No, if you know the actor we're talking about, I don't think you want to see him naked it what's Lieutenant Frank drebon neil got a new one? Gone in sixty seconds? Oh?
Speaker 2: This is about a plane crush or something? Isn't it? Does a plane crash in sixty seconds? Or the train crush in sixty second?
Speaker 3: Not a plane? Not a train?
Speaker 2: Is there a crash?
Speaker 3: No? No, gone in sixty seconds? Angelina Jolie Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: Yep, gone in sixty seconds? No now no, I thought it was about like a plane falling out of this helicopter crash.
Speaker 3: Not all you've said every mode of transport except trains and automobile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stolen car.
Speaker 2: Not just said a car crash, didn't I?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, they steal cars. It's another natural crawn.
Speaker 4: You've been on the lethal weapon right at the Gold Coast, haven't you.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: It's one where your legs hang down.
Speaker 4: Do you take notes?
Speaker 3: No? No, clearly noough should have taken notes?
Speaker 4: Should have taken notes?
Speaker 3: Yep? Gone in sixty seconds, plane falls out of the sky.
Speaker 4: Nope, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's just gone twenty nine past six, So we're gonna check your on the work at latest and years next on Noumber one hundred. Good morning, Melbourne, this is Nomber one hundred. You are on the air, which, as Lauren Clint is here as well, we're doing to thanks to our mates to shell already express and tell you what. The Hawks are on fire at the moment, aren't they just Nick the Wizard Watson is in after seven thirty this morning, which means they'll have another win.
Speaker 4: Wow, history tells us they'll have another win every time.
Speaker 2: You're very superstitious about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't think he cares. No, no, no, I think it's gotten really Yeah. Every single time when he comes in they win. The times he hasn't come into the show, they've lost.
Speaker 4: Speaking of sport, can I take you to the All England Club, get your strawberries and cream out and what else they do? Him's there at Wimbledon, please underway.
Speaker 2: I've never been. You know how you strain opens so everyone comes and says, it's amazing. You walk around the grounds and there's all these things. Is Wimbledon like that? Is there a lot happening around the course.
Speaker 4: There's not so much of a festival vibe the rock wall. No, no, no, no, no no. But if you go to Wimbledon, you must go to Wimbledon Village, which is just up the road and it's a collection of quaint little pubs which go off. It's unreal. Oh that's fun, but it is. It does have this you know tradition about it Wimbledon where everything is prim and proper. I want to talk about Kurios.
Speaker 2: He hasn't he retired, No no.
Speaker 4: No, He's still on the circuit. He's been battling this this horrible sort of wrist elbow type injury for for years.
Speaker 3: Last year we spoke to him on the show and the Strain open, Yeah, and he showed us the surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's still sort of copying a little bit of agitation from it. So he can't play singles, but he's playing mixed doubles now. He's mixed doubles. Partner at Wimbledon is none other than Grand Slam winner winner Naomi Asaka.
Speaker 2: Of course I love her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's a four time Grand Slam champion. But during her first Sea end.
Speaker 2: Up with her. Is he good enough to be playing with Naomi Osaka? Well?
Speaker 3: I think sometimes when you when you know you're not great, you like to try and surround yourself in people. You could sponge.
Speaker 2: No, I get why he's done it?
Speaker 4: What's that.
Speaker 3: Situation? Or yeah, how do you get pair?
Speaker 4: I think I think it's just an agreement, isn't it. It's just like, ay you free, I want to play some mixed doubles. I think they're mates. Soccer and curiosa are mates, which is a very strange friendship. Anyway, Osaka was playing Austra and Tarlie Gibson. She won, but it was the distraction in her player's box, which is caused or prompted headline because Nick Curios uninvited, went and sat in Naomi Osaka's player's box, and she was their fault.
Speaker 3: Doesn't he have to have the lanyard.
Speaker 4: Or he has accreditation as a player.
Speaker 2: If you're the doubles partner, you get to sit in the box.
Speaker 3: No, only if you're invited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's where they distracted. She's like, she's playing, she's midway through the match. She said, what in God's name is Nick Kurios doing there?
Speaker 3: You know what I reckon?
Speaker 2: So how do we know he wasn't invited and that he just turned up?
Speaker 4: And Osaka herself, who spoke about it at her media conference.
Speaker 3: Oh, she had a crack.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a little embarrassing that he was there. I guess it's cool that he was there. So she was sort of split in.
Speaker 3: Her I have made in mind, I won't name him Maddie White, And.
Speaker 4: If you invited me from sports tonight.
Speaker 3: No different Maddie, not as athletic love Maddie. But if you invited Matt somewhere, he would just bring someone.
Speaker 4: But I didn't invite a plus one?
Speaker 3: Yes or two?
Speaker 2: But like, do you mean to someone's house, yes, a dinner party, or to a.
Speaker 3: Dinner party, event, drinks whatever. Yeah, mate, I'd love to be there. I'm going to bring Tina and Cheryl. I don't know Tina and Cheryl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know someone who came to a wedding and bought a plus one that no one had ever met before. We were all like, what, no you in invited?
Speaker 4: Where did they see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Also, what do they take? Two?
Speaker 2: There was there was no seating for her that she wasn't on the table setting, and then the event planners had to scramble and try and get another thing in. And he was like, yeah, I know, but you know, I just wanted to bring someone.
Speaker 3: No, not at a wedding. Maybe maybe the cocktail wedding, the bride and room. Yeah, no, that's that's a hard note for me. Hey, thirteen twenty fourteen is our number? Who showed up who wasn't invited? Did you have a little soiree and someone just rocked on and you're like, what can no one invited?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: We have answer the door like this.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when we were doing our radio show in Adelaide?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, hang on, don't say the name don't say the name. We'll do it after the brain.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know exactly who you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Well on the air and someone very well known here in Melbourne just walked in. Yeah, puts headphones on and starts talking, says they're here for their interview, and we're like, you weren't invited.
Speaker 2: There is no interview.
Speaker 4: It was extremely old and it was a long interview.
Speaker 3: We will reveal who that was on the other side of this, but thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Have you had someone show up who wasn't invited, or let's be honest, did you rock up somewhere that you actually weren't supposed to be out. You're on the air with Jason Luren. We're just talking about Nick Curios just appeared at the coaching box for Naomi Saka. However, he wasn't invited. We've been there. We were doing the show in Adelaide for gathering last year, was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, we weren't gather around. We were just minding our own business, doing the show, reflecting what had been a great weekend. Now I want to point your mate turned up, Clinty.
Speaker 3: We're in a completely different city at the Nova Studios in Adelaide, right, a building we hadn't been in before. Yes, and we are mid break like this when the door swings open and who walks in Tony Jones. Hey, guys if my interview for my interview puts headphones on, I was hello, Tony.
Speaker 4: I was aghast.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 2: And we kept kind of rolled with it because I was like, oh, Clint must have invited him.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. T J jump on and we didn't know what we're talking to him about, so I think it.
Speaker 2: Was the TJ. He can just talk underwater.
Speaker 4: He's very funny. It was like an elongated interview about nothing.
Speaker 3: I assumed he was there to flog something. If you brought out a kid's book, have you got.
Speaker 4: A gin no?
Speaker 3: To kile Brand.
Speaker 4: Turns out he was doing the show the AM. I was going to say, the AM version of our show, an AM show. He was doing three a W. Mornings in the same building, the same building from Adelaide.
Speaker 3: That's how we got through.
Speaker 2: Do you think he got confused and walked in?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Jace, Lauren and Clint in my studio.
Speaker 4: I had one hundred and fifty five drinks that night, the night that I saw him, and I must have I must have inadvertently invited him and forgotten.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't surprise me because you know what these two did together yesterday, Lauren. We had it.
Speaker 4: We had a lunchtime walk t J and I, just the two of.
Speaker 3: Us, what like COVID Times where.
Speaker 4: Channel Nights based in the Docklands, and we decided we'd go going to the city for a walk into the city. So we walked down, just you and him. We walked down Burke Street. We're going to get the tram. I said, it's a nice it's a nice lunchtime moment. Let's go for a walk. So he walked through the city, went into JB High five for a look, wanted me and then and.
Speaker 3: Then he said.
Speaker 4: There's a book I need to buy. Let's go to Dimmicks. So my god.
Speaker 3: So then we're.
Speaker 4: Walking around, Yeah, and he buys a book about bringing Imperial Times in the UK or something something similar.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, you're buying a balloon I was buying on.
Speaker 4: The plane again for the fifth time. And then we toddled on back.
Speaker 3: Didn't get a lime scooter back.
Speaker 4: No, it didn't get it. We could have could have got one just me on the front of him on the back, or actually him on.
Speaker 3: A stranger allowding that would have been lovely. What did you have for lunch?
Speaker 2: Going for a walk with someone? I think he's quite like intimate.
Speaker 4: I agree, Yeah we went we went to Sushi train for lunch. Oh my god, no we did.
Speaker 3: Will give it a can you imagine.
Speaker 4: You to share a kragate chicken?
Speaker 3: Got to try this, open up, You've got to try this.
Speaker 2: You really are like father and so are they really are really are very different.
Speaker 3: It's coming up to seven o'clock. Got to check your latest ten years and you're underwork. Next plus your chance to win staycations at QT Melbourne. I'll give you all the details on Hey, you can win that next here on Nova. Well, good morning Melbourne, just go on eight past seven. Very interesting mood in the city this morning after the horrific story broke yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's just shocking. I've actually really struggled to read it and listen to it and get my head around.
Speaker 3: Jays I am, of course, referring to this gentleman that's been arrested for assaulting children in a number of childcare centers. Across Melbourne. We mentioned it earlier, just like I mean, our kids have gone through daycare. We know so many friends that have kids in childcare who would be waking up extremely nervous to send them today.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you've got a little boy in who goes to day care. Has it changed how you feel about drop off the school?
Speaker 3: And you know what it does loss? And like lou and I was saying last night, you know, I feel for the childcare workers that do an amazing job as well that now are going to work today with you know, dealing with parents who would be very upset also.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing is childcare is not like an option for some people. Is most people, it's a necessity to have care for your kids outside of yourselves when you go to work to make a living, to support yourselves and your family. It's not an option for people.
Speaker 4: And the last thing you think is that your child will be put in a vulnerable position.
Speaker 2: The safest place outside of your own home.
Speaker 3: I'll see you. I've got my hands on the letter that were sent out to parents who have kids in these childcare centers. This was sent out.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, So who did it come from? Jason? This has come from the government or I.
Speaker 3: Believe it came from the government and the police came in the Department of Health. To think, dear parents, Guardian and Caerr it's just the first part it really gets to me. We are writing to let you know that Victoria Police are investigating allegations of sexual assault against children in a number of childcress anders across Melbourne. Records indicate your child was enrolled at one of these centers during the time this person was working there. Like your stomach just drops straight away. Then it goes on to say a comprehensive investigation is ongoing. At this stage, there is no evidence to suggest your child has been offended against. If this changes, you'll be contacted directly by Victoria Police and provided with further information, advice and assistance. It goes on with some more information saying that they've charged the gentleman and he's no longer on the streets.
Speaker 4: Seventy offenses they've charged him, which.
Speaker 2: Is crazy, contrehensible. Like it.
Speaker 3: They give an advice line that you can ring up to get support, which a lot of parents were blowing up about the community Facebook pages last night saying they couldn't even get through.
Speaker 4: That's because the bulk of calls clearly.
Speaker 3: And then goes on to talk about some of the services and testing that might need to be provided for your child. The fact that they are even talking about doing an STI check on people that age is disgusting to know that we're in this position.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting beyond measure. I did read it, Yeah, I read something that was like, we will tell you if your child needs to go and get tested for certain diseases.
Speaker 3: And it's the fact that this guy has been able to work in this many centers across Melbourne, like.
Speaker 2: Well, how many childcare centers?
Speaker 4: It was twenty plus they've all been named, and that they're on the Department of Health and vig Pole website. I believe. But I mean until which stage that the police investigation was launched, there was just no it because you're dealing with children, like, it's it's.
Speaker 2: How how did this? Like, how how did the investigation start? Was it another do we know? Was it another childcare worker who first alerted people or authorities or was it a child.
Speaker 3: How Like we haven't had that information come to light yet. That's but I think that's what's throwing people here, is that it's just come out of nowhere, and it's like, hey, guys, this this man's been out there working in this Many childcare centers across Melbourne heads up, Like I.
Speaker 2: Know, yesterday these parents were all living a normal life and today they're working around with an enormous amount of angst and anxiety.
Speaker 3: Even imagine we're asking last night, I don't know if you guys saw this online saying I want to know the protocols of what's in place at my kids childcare center? How are you employing your staff? What you know? What protocols do they need to go through to get a job?
Speaker 2: And we which is fair enough?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And if I was a childcare center I'd be coming out on the front foot this morning. Game. These are our protocols. This is how we got our staff, just trying to put families at ease.
Speaker 4: Well, the bulk of them, correct me if I'm wronger privately run yea they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this guy sort of got his work through an agency, so that's why he was allocated. Oh god, Look, we're going to dive more into this around seven thirty this morning. It's a story that is not going away. We'll bring you other details this morning. Here on Nov.
Speaker 2: Ed.
Speaker 3: Sharon just going caught a past seven. Good morning, this is number one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren. Clint is here as well. Guys, we're friends.
Speaker 2: Right, we are? We're best friends. Bezzy frezzies. Why maybe what's wrong with you? I thought you were my best friend. You're in a mood today. You don't want to be my friend?
Speaker 4: No, no, no. Jay's asked if we we.
Speaker 2: Were you too, Lauren, you you're.
Speaker 3: Fine, like we wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: Of course we are.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't lie to each other never.
Speaker 2: I lie to you both all the time. Yeah you not so much Clint, but more you.
Speaker 3: Jason, because I was I was shook when I heard, Yeah, you're you're involved in this.
Speaker 4: Is I know exactly what you where you're going.
Speaker 3: I was shook when I came across some audio the other day, Lauren. I'll play you a little snippets.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm hoping Jason doesn't listen to this because this is one that Clinton I do all the time, and knowing Jace, he wouldn't be able to sit through listening to me for half an hour how long this has gone for anyway, So he'll never hear this.
Speaker 3: That audio, Yes from a podcast that all three of us did.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I didn't think you'd ever listened to.
Speaker 3: Great Lads, good podcast, nice boys, nice boys, given a listen. They're doing really well. They've been going for a number of years. I thought, being a good friend, I am, I will support and listen to Lauren's.
Speaker 2: Episode, well thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: When she went on to reveal some information regarding us three when we travel together, take a listen.
Speaker 2: Whenever we fly, Jase can't sit still. I loved that man to death, but he is so annoying on a plane. You never in your life that's someone more irritating to sit next to. Even the drive to the airport, I've had enough room. I can't go in the same car as he. No, because you're be like, oh, the airport, the traffic to the airport. I hate going to the airport. When we get to the airport, then we've got to do the security thing in the airport. It's so annoying, and then you have to see that what are you think they're going to serve on the plane? What do they I'm like, oh, so I have to meet him at the airport. And I always get there, I tell him I'm going it. Clinton, I always tell him we're going to get there at one time, and we always get there at a different time so we don't have to deal.
Speaker 3: With him at the air.
Speaker 2: And we always move his seat. Really, how am I always across the aisle from you, guys? I swear I went on and slipped to my seat, and I was sitting next to you, and now I'm over here.
Speaker 3: Every time, every time, I've been like blowing up at Cheryl at the quantas counter thinking what has she done? Moving again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, we've already been to Cheryl and said, look, yes, you know what it's like traveling with colleagues. Just move him away.
Speaker 3: When we flew to Cans a couple of months ago, if you put me any further away, I would have been on the wing.
Speaker 2: Well, the best thing was then, Clinton. I also bordered the plane to Cans much earlier. And we saw the man that you were going to be sitting next to, and we noticed, remember Stanny, that he had his golf bag, and we said, oh, you're sitting next to our colleague. He loves playing golf. You should ask him for a game.
Speaker 3: Once in my life.
Speaker 2: Next minute, Jasu's texting us across the line, going, oh my god. The guy next to him, he's trying to convince me to play golf with him, which I.
Speaker 3: Thought was random ass out of nowhere. How long are you and cans you want to get in a cheeky nine holes. I'm like, mate, I'd never met you.
Speaker 4: You weren't sitting on the wing. You're in business class.
Speaker 2: True, it was his wonder, man, if we're flying in business classes, we're happy to be an economy with the people of the people. Yes, No, he wanted to be up the point. That's not you want to sit with straight.
Speaker 3: From now on we print our boarding passes together.
Speaker 2: No, never, never, ever, ever, it happens, everything cleaned. It was both of our ideas. Clint, it is just Clay take some responsibility, mate.
Speaker 3: The way they know him in there, he would have walked into the Quantus lude, mister stand away, would you like your own plate?
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 2: To be honest, it was actually him that you are the Quantus ladies that changed the exactly he went to two counters more.
Speaker 3: You'd be torn apart at the Quantus Christmas part.
Speaker 4: Oh, wouldn't I jes.
Speaker 3: Good morning Melbourne. You are on over one hundred. We're doing it thanks to Shelby Express. It is Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and we got staycations up for grabs. How would you like to spend the night at QT Melbourne, amazing hotel. We've had a couple of heaven evenings there at the rooftop bar. Bold stays, she eats and a rooftop bar that knows how to party. Can chicken to QT Melbourne and check out of ordinary air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even that rooftop bar is cozy in the wintertime. Yeah, heat is great spot.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phones. Kira in packing him, good morning, Hi, good morning, staycation coming your way down. Thank you so much, guys, No way, it's going to chuck in buffet Brecky as well. Oh, I love you guys so much.
Speaker 9: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: It was the Brecky. You got to have the line, Ta, Kira, do you like Colon Day's sauce?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 3: Actually it's not a normal.
Speaker 9: Thing to like, but I actually do like it.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about it earlier. So I've been thrown now. Executive producer brod He worked at a cafe. He was the Hollandais man, I didn't know there was egging.
Speaker 2: It got a question about holidays.
Speaker 3: Yes see, I don't like mayonnaise, so I'm not gonna like hanging cousin of the mayonnaise family.
Speaker 2: Do you have holandaise sauce on anything else other than eggs? Like an eggs Benny.
Speaker 3: Hanging acrossing the mister Hollandais It.
Speaker 2: Is common to have it on steak. What do you call it?
Speaker 3: It is common?
Speaker 4: Is it called a steak Diane?
Speaker 3: No? No, that's the brown You could go to burns. That's what I'm thinking with Berne is the cousin to Hollandais.
Speaker 2: Berne hang on, but.
Speaker 3: We're doing this, Yeah, live gurgle Erica serves holandays on stek nights.
Speaker 2: Yes. Burnet sauce is a creamy French sauce often served with steak at high end restaurants.
Speaker 3: Right up your alley, Jay McKinnon, hotel does a burne?
Speaker 2: What about the Diane dig yoaks butter, herbs and vinegar, So it sounds exactly the same as Hollandaise sauce, but with herbs.
Speaker 3: I think the Diane sauce went out in the eighties I'm quite partial to a Diane.
Speaker 2: Of course you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've probably taken it.
Speaker 4: It's a creamy sauce made in the pan with the steaks juices, is it with I think as you is the modern day Diane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it to be creamy and than I don't think Diane's getting a run mate.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, I like it when people go I'll get the steak. Just oh, yes, he had the steak.
Speaker 3: Just I've made that mistake.
Speaker 4: How are you just?
Speaker 3: Nick? There was Watson going to be joining us coming up in the next ten minutes, and on a much more serious note, we're going to get an update on this childcare story across Melbourne this morning. We're going to dive into it on the other side of this and we'll check you round to work. It is right on seven thirty you're on NOVA. Good morning, Thank you, Clint. It is just gone twenty three to eight. We've been covering this story throughout the morning. That is the horrific story leading the news this morning about a scumbag is pretty much the way to put it, that has been arrested and has allegedly been assaulting a number of young children in several childcare centers across Melbourne now.
Speaker 2: It is just the most horrific, disgust, gut wrenching story. And for someone who doesn't have children, I can feel the disgust of this whole.
Speaker 3: Situation anger as well. I'll be honest, I.
Speaker 2: Can't even imagine what parents are going through, and not just parents who might have had kids in these daycare centers, but any parent who trusts that when they send their child off to daycare that they are in the place that is the second place, is second safest place after home, and that's where you should be dropping a kid. It's just it's just utterly.
Speaker 3: A lot of chat last night amongst our friends, and I noticed on a lot of community Facebook pages around Melbourne people questioning the policies of their daycare centers. How are they finding their staff? How regulated is that?
Speaker 2: Are you doing that you've got kids today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we were having this conversation last night. And you know I mentioned earlier, if I was the daycare center, I'd beginning on the front foot this morning and trying to put parents that have kids at my center at ease.
Speaker 2: I just so, it's also really shitty for a lot of really really good people out there. Centers, teachers, you know, people will be looking at them with a different perspective. And there's so many wonderful, kind, beautiful teachers and daycare workers out there who would be feeling this awful, gut wrenching pain today as well.
Speaker 3: And it's it's just my kids love their daycare teachers, absolutely loved them. We've we've had all three kids go through the same kindergarten near our place. So yeah, I'm with you, Lauren. My heartbreaks of people in that industry that are very proud of what they do. We are joined by Azara this morning. She works in the childcare industry. Morning, Good morning, guys, Good morning. We First things first, thank you for the work you do.
Speaker 9: Okay, No, that's okay. I mean, on a day like this, it's not not really something I'm as proud of as I usually Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Can we ask protocols when it comes to getting jobs in this industry? I believe you've worked at a number of day care centers. What's required to actually get a job in a day care center?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so not a whole lot, not as much as you'd you'd hope or expect. I guess you need a working with Children's check and a police check. The two big ones been in saying that working with children's techs last quite a number of years, and to my understanding, they're only valid kind of up until the day that you get them, because you can go and do something that you shouldn't do after already getting that check, and you can still show that check to say that it's valid. But the working with Children's check and police check, you need your first DAID and your CPR, which everyone can get, and you need to be studying a childcare qualification. You don't need to be qualified. It is like a learning on the job indry, I guess, but you need to be studying.
Speaker 3: Is there a lot of cameras in daycare centers?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 9: It's dependent on the center. The ones that I've worked at, I haven't worked at a center whether a camera's inside we have a couple, whether at camera's outside in the yards and stuff. But the centers that i've worked out, I've never had cameras in the room.
Speaker 2: But I also imagine that's quite complex as well, because it's like, Jase, do you want your kids? I know you obviously you think cameras are great, right, because they they watch over things and make sure things are running how they should. But that is what you think about a daycare center anyway, right, So then there's a complexity with people not wanting their children filmed, and where do you put the cameras. You don't have cameras in bathrooms. You can't have cameras.
Speaker 3: If I was no, I know your point. But if I was working at Shark Aaron Zara, you'll be able to answer this. I would almost want cameras there for my safety as an employee.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's definitely times when accusations have been thrown around and that kind of thing where it is very much a he said, she.
Speaker 9: Said, because there's no evidence. There's no evidence, and I mean your witness is a three year old.
Speaker 4: Got to be very careful with the language here because it is alleged. Does it surprise you that there are bad eggs in the industry.
Speaker 9: I wish I could say that it did, but unfortunately it doesn't come as a surprise. Doesn't make it any less horrifying or gut wrenching that this has happened. But I think in all industries there's bad eggs. But when it comes to children.
Speaker 4: It definitely in your experience, what needs to happen, what needs to be done.
Speaker 9: See, that's a very loaded question, I think, and a very hard one to answer. I think that there probably needs to be a crackdown on reference checks as well. In my experience getting jobs and then being a reference to other people getting jobs in childcare, there's a list of questions that the person needs to ask to comply with the child safety standard. A lot of times they are yes and no questions that they run through as quickly as they can. A lot of times the experience or the qualification of the person providing a reference is not followed up on it. It's just a phone call and it could be anyone saying yes, this person is trustworthy to work with children, Zara.
Speaker 3: From your experience, do you find a lot of these centers are just rushing that just to fill the staff.
Speaker 9: Quite It's the entire sector is so understaff and so overworked that I find that they need to get people in there as quickly as possible to fill role. And that also comes hand in hand with making it difficult to get rid of people because they're so understaffed that they try and retain that the people they do have, even if they're not the best fit for the center.
Speaker 3: It's a massive issue. And what's sad is it's taken something like this for people to really question it on a public scale.
Speaker 2: And it has to be it has to be fixed. But Zarah, obviously you'll go to work today. Do you go to work feeling differently today? Because we're saying before there are so many extraordinary child care workers, teachers, nannies out there who do an amazing job and love kids and care so much.
Speaker 3: You should be proud of what you do.
Speaker 4: And a lot of them are male as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah, men, And I imagine there's a lot going to work feeling really funny today and with very very heavy hearts. How will you go into work today?
Speaker 9: It makes it a lot harder, definitely. I'm actually taking a break from traditional childcare at the moment, and nannying and things like this happening and making it harder and harder to want to go back to childcare. And yeah, it's just like even thinking about sending my own kids to childcare. It's definitely a big consideration that I'm having now after stepping away.
Speaker 3: Well, it definitely needs an overhaul. It needs a bloody good investigation. But you should hold your head up high today and a lot of daycare workers out there that do an amazing job and are very proud of what they do.
Speaker 2: And our thoughts are just very much with anyone who is who's been affected by this or who is feeling uneasy today because it's been terrible news to wake up to.
Speaker 3: A thirteen twenty four ten is our number anytime you want to join the show. It is just gone a quarter to eight. This is no over one hundred, Just go on twelfth to eight. Here on over one hundred. Nick the Wizard Watson from the Hawk's going to be joining us very soon. We're just gonna run with this at the moment because phone lines have lit up regarding the story that's leading the news this morning.
Speaker 4: Quint and look, it must be said, we do have to be legally very careful. It's obviously a delicate subject to tackle. But this man, his name is Joshua Brown. He has been charged with a string of offenses. The Victoria Police investigation is ongoing, so let's put that on the record straight away. In doing so, we want to bring in a caller on the line anonymous. Again, given the legalities, we do have to keep you very much anonymous. But I understand you know people who have worked with the person in question. Let's just park that for a second. We had a caller on just before it and you, Zara, you disagree with some points that she made. Why is that so?
Speaker 6: Like I currently work in early childhood and in a position where we do interviews and you do the reference checks. As you mentioned, we do have a lot of answers or questions that relate to the child safety standards. You have to ask if someone has been involved in a serious incident, if they've been reported to the department. It's a very thorough investigation that occurs. These allegations go to the department, is investigated by the department. You have to provide like there's centers that I've worked in, multiple centers that have cameras inside, and Lauren, I heard you say earlier about you know, the bathrooms and this, and that they're not in any private areas, even for us as educators. They're not in that space. Okay, they're not in our staff and they're not in our kitchens. They're in the rooms. You can see what is going on you can see what's happening in the corridors. And again they are they're not just for the safety of children, but for the safety of educators. If there is an allegation that is brought against us by a child who you know may not be necessarily able to articulate what has happened to them, they might just say, oh, I've been hit by this person, a child or a teacher or whatever, and you can go to the footage and you can prove or disprove an alligation, whether it's brought by a child, a parent, or another educator. So we do have these systems in place, and it is highly regulated like that. That footage goes to the department, they review it as well.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, I'm just going to stop me there. I know you want to ask a questions, but as as a parent, I'm sitting here listening to you say this, and I'll be honest, it's pissing me off because it isn't regulated enough. Otherwise we will be in this situation.
Speaker 6: Absolutely Javes, I absolutely agree. I am a parent myself. I have three children.
Speaker 3: But don't ring up and say it's like it is. Sorry mate, no one today.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it's regulated enough. I'm saying that there are systems.
Speaker 3: In face well, they're broken, they're not worrying.
Speaker 6: I agree, I absolutely agree. We have had these conversations prior to this incident, with this discussing not even a human being I would call this person okay, And we all have said over the years, multiply I've been in this spective that over a decade, and the systems are broken. They are not benefiting the children, they are not benefiting the people who see something and they say something. The people who are doing these who are trespassing against children, they're getting away with things. You know, we are we are making these notifications to the department. We are saying someone has done something wrong. This person has done something wrong and we don't agree with it, and then the consequences are not severe enough. People are being fired from positions. They are then like I agree with Zara, they do so and they're able to go to another position they're working with child and is still valid. That is not okake, right.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like there's different daycares that have their own set of rules, right, because there are some places that are perhaps doing this better than others where we've heard stories about. I think in New South Wales there are general mandates that mean they all have to have cameras, but not all places have that here. Do we need an overhaul of this whole system so everyone has the same rules, because it is not fair that some kids go to a daycare which is safer than a day care than others. They should all be safe.
Speaker 6: I absolutely agree. I absolutely agree it needs to be I'm not sure if uniform is the right word, but there needs to be something that is in place that protects the children. If we're putting cameras in all senses, and that is regulation, it is now law. Like we recently had the childcase standards upstated there was nine and now there's eleven, and that was to include Aboriginal children and to shape own to children. Why are we not protecting to the anonymously?
Speaker 3: Well, how do you feel going to work today?
Speaker 6: My heart is chounting. I felt basically sick all day yesterday. I felt like I was going to vomit as soon as this news broke. Like, my children are in child okay, do I have to go and pick them up? And not just not just as educated. There's a parent like are my children's safe?
Speaker 4: And just just be careful, just be careful with this one. But as someone who knows people who have worked with the person in question, how do those people that you know feel they're just as good?
Speaker 6: They're angry? How do you work with someone and and you don't see that? Like, the issue is that these people, they know what they're doing. They're grooming not just the children, but management and the children and the other educated and the families themselves. They go after vulnerable people.
Speaker 2: And I know that we're all really I know, Jace, I know you're angry. I know you're frustrated. Our caller there is angry and frustrated. And this is the thing. There is no one involved. I don't even have kids, right, but this is making me sick to my stomach. Everyone wants the best for kids when they go to childhood, and there are staff out there, there are teachers, there are daycare centers who are absolutely thorough and ensuring this stuff doesn't go on hand. I can understand.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, my heart is breaking for people who work in childcare today. It really is, because they're very proud of their job. But I'm not going to be entertaining for a second the thought that the system doesn't need an overhaulp it does. Yeah, let people down, and.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine can you imagine the people that worked in those sentences this morning, that the guilt that they would no doubt carry knowing that in their.
Speaker 3: Midsis effects so many people, It really does. Hey, look, it's coming up to eight o'clock. We're going to park the topic because we are very mindful that a lot of kids jumping cars at a claps ten school and this is something that people might not want their kids to be across. So we'll revisit it later on closer than nine, but we're gonna park it for a while. Light in the mood. Nick the Wizard Watson going to be your next We're going to talk footy and your chance to win five thousand dollars coming up. This is Nomber one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren Clints here as well, and says this man, he's talking kick for the Wizard. Just a stime yet a wizard, Nikki Oh, Nick the Wizard Watson is in the house. He's looking a little bit happier than Charlie Common was earlier in the week. Nice nice win over the Ruse d my friend.
Speaker 7: Well done, good get a nice win like that.
Speaker 3: I also heard you got a bit of live feedback during the match as well. Clint's down away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I did flick him a little message just during the game. No you can't have your phone on you during the game of course, just a little postmatch rever because he kicked an amazing snag, did you not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was my better ones, So definitely did.
Speaker 3: You have his number saved? You have to say no phone?
Speaker 4: Who Well, that's all right, we can. We can offer our mate Nick here.
Speaker 3: A bit of a bit of a oh, don't worry, I'll get on the panots.
Speaker 2: Don't ever let Clint Jason have your number. He's a shock for a footy game. A bit of feedback. But when you kick a goal like that, do you know at the time you're like, that was a river?
Speaker 7: Well after last year all the goal the years where the goals out of the middle, so you think it's well one was out of the middle as well, so I thought it was all right. It was a bit of a fumble in there, but yeah, it was definitely one of my better goals it. Probably I didn't think it was as good, maybe because it was down in Tazzy because there wasn't a big crowd, But na, I still thought it was better.
Speaker 3: Ones. I didn't see it. Did he do a little celebration of the camera, did you No.
Speaker 4: I didn't give it too much. No, no, but it was you know, gave off the hands, got it back, just drilled it. Very happy with his own performance.
Speaker 3: Nice work, Nice work.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I want to ask you a couple of things. One, Josh Weddle, it's a really sad one. He's got bone stress in his back. Yeah, that sounds painful. How is his there's every chance he might not play again this year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, flat for him. He was playing some good footing and yeah, obviously come at the wrong time of the year. And yeah, he's devastated. Saw him sage wrapped our arms around him. Felt felt sorry for him. But hopefully yeah we're not too sure yet, but hopefully get him later back on in the year. But who knows.
Speaker 3: I hope you wrap those arms around softly. Yeah, broke conbined. Yeah, he was pretty upset. So no, I feel that's devastating for him, especially after a good win like that. See Tom Lynch handed five game suspension for the punch on you think it was justified?
Speaker 7: I thought he's going to get more, to be honest, really I couldn't really see, to be honest, if he had his fist close. Yeah, but least but was he was Butts that got back up Jordan but.
Speaker 4: Yea yeah yeah from Adelaide.
Speaker 7: At least he didn't get cancust or anything.
Speaker 4: Some people were suggesting there was half a chance you might have been cited for a little love tap as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, player down a little bit too.
Speaker 7: Really Yeah, I actually got off, which is good.
Speaker 2: What did you do? Who was it? Did he deserve it?
Speaker 4: I'm no, he didn't deserve it.
Speaker 7: Was the first center out of the game, and I actually went for a tackle and got him in the ribs and he was down for a bit. And at least I got off for that, just a little brush.
Speaker 3: I was on the socials during the week, guys, and I've noticed a post that Nick has done of his pump up songs.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on your Instagram. You might want to check it out.
Speaker 2: Song that what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You posted a list of so yeah, yeah that pump up. So I was going through them. I'll be honest, I didn't know a lot of them. Do we play this over? We do not play this one?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 7: You would hate that?
Speaker 3: What's that called? That's a lot of rappers in the US off the lot? Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 4: Next one, spotify.
Speaker 3: Them cool.
Speaker 4: A bit of a thing, and then a lot of J songs.
Speaker 3: Right gets on game and I don't know if this is like to put your in a more angry mood?
Speaker 2: Is this what you're walking around with your head.
Speaker 4: When you have a big speaker?
Speaker 7: So c J gets on that and puts his tunes on J Chang jazz.
Speaker 3: This is a curveble?
Speaker 2: Was this on your list?
Speaker 3: Number four? It's the number one on my lists?
Speaker 2: This is my son that gets me up at about two.
Speaker 3: But I'm ready, Showers.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Taken on the Saints this weekend at the G. That is going to be a massive game. The roof on.
Speaker 2: Have you ever turned up to the wrong stadium? I know someone that did that. They went to the m CG when it was supposed to be at Marvels.
Speaker 7: Nah, I haven't not yet. Hopefully you never do that.
Speaker 3: Just check that because my sheet says the g Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: I'll do a live fixture job for next to stand by the man that the match is ladies and gentlemen at Marvel Stadium.
Speaker 3: There we no poncho required. They've got a roof. We mentioned it before. You're not a superstitious guy. But it's still still going. It's still going. Every time you come in the Hawks get a win. Anytime we don't see you, it's a loss. And I had a thought the other day because you guys are on fire this year. If it's a Pies and Hawks Grand Final, we can't have you in that.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, yes, we can all.
Speaker 4: Be on No, I'm sorry. Now you know how we pay him? He has to pay out, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Clint, Yeah, I like that and I will take that day off. Yeap. It continues well, so hopefully another win this weekend. Good to see your buddy, good see good luck. Track one Blair it in the sheds. It is just going. That's training men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it has.
Speaker 3: Just gone nine past eight. Let's upload some money on number one hundred. Right after the five K question, we are going to be joined by a special guest.
Speaker 2: Is it a guest? The guest.
Speaker 3: None, that'sn't really a guest. The guest. I'll reveal who it is soon, but it's someone we were talking about earlier this week, someone I alluded to one Clint Stunaway having past relations with.
Speaker 2: We're getting someone on to confirm or deny the rumor that you've started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've tracked down the X so she will join us, coming up in the next few minutes. Anxiety in the air. All right, let's go to the phones, trying to float some money.
Speaker 2: Who we're playing with this we're playing with Caitlin from Geelong.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Hello Caitlyn. Oh you're a Bombers fan. That's why you're nervous this morning.
Speaker 2: She doesn't even know what to say.
Speaker 3: You really can't.
Speaker 2: Well, let's try and win you some cash to brighten up your morning.
Speaker 3: So you can got an easy question for fifteen medium question for five hundred, or roll the dice and go a hard one for five k. You have ordered the medium VU meal, let's do it for five hundred dollars. The rules are simple. You will hear a question. You will hear a three to two one. You need to give us an air in that time. Okay, now, Caitlin.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 3: This is guessable. Guessable.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't know, just have a guess, just throw something out there because you never know.
Speaker 3: I guess I was one off. Okay, you got this stuff for five one hundred dollars. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 1: In how many films did Sean Connery play James Bond?
Speaker 2: Three? Two?
Speaker 3: Quicklo? No, it was seven seven.
Speaker 5: Seven.
Speaker 2: He was James Bond for twenty one years. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I mean was he the best mod?
Speaker 2: Yes, the og and the best Yeah, dreams Bond?
Speaker 3: How do you do it with the ex Bond James Bond? You could do an a strange James Bond stun away.
Speaker 4: Away, It doesn't quite No, not have our same ra.
Speaker 3: Shaken, not sturdy. You'll take the drink. He's next game.
Speaker 2: Respond, We were talking about it this.
Speaker 4: Morning, Jacob Lordie, Yeah, can we have Jake Jacob?
Speaker 3: Hey, Caitlyn, thanks you giving a crack mate.
Speaker 9: Have a nice day you true, thank you.
Speaker 3: It is just going twenty past eight. All right, we've tracked down one of Clint's x's. We're going to chat with her next. Why do you hear it is? It's someone we all know. Plus after eight thirty we're hooking you up with tickets for school holidays Melbourne. Ah, that's so Hello to our next guest.
Speaker 1: Our next guest has Mastard's space and time. She's managed to stay the same age thirty three years of being on Home and Away.
Speaker 2: I remember main host you for good to talk right from wrong. I'm the flipping victim here.
Speaker 4: Please welcome to the show Home and Away Hirene otherwise as Lynn McGranger.
Speaker 3: Logie nominated Lynn McGranger, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning everyone, Thank you for having me well, so excited to have you after has it been thirty two years on Home in Away?
Speaker 5: Thirty three?
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 2: And is this your first Gold LOGI nominee for being Irene?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes, And you know what, if I'd have known this would have happened, I would have left years ago.
Speaker 2: Are you not being in the limelight about this?
Speaker 5: You know, I've kind of had my face on in magazines for you know, thirty three years. Look, don't get me wrong, it is a huge honor. It's really lovely to be thought of that, you know that highly. It is terrific. But I'm rehearsing for a play at the moment. A Grandparents Club. We're just coming to Melbourne. I'll tell you about that in a minute. But I'm mus but and it's just like all this stuff is happening around me, and I'm like, Okay, can I just go and practice this dance routine?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: And I just don't practice this.
Speaker 3: I get that because you're a working actor, but you know what, take a moment to enjoy it. Larry m did the same last year. Was like the commotions crazy, but it's like, you know what you've achieved on television is No.
Speaker 4: Are you to get a tattoo on me? You need a bum tattoo?
Speaker 5: No, I don't need a bum tattoo. I've already got two fy on each cheek, an apple, an apple at the bottom of my the bottom of my ankle, which has got a rescue.
Speaker 2: With And why have you got an apple on your ankle?
Speaker 5: Because I was in New York and I was drunk.
Speaker 3: Right, wasn't me?
Speaker 5: And I said to my apple, do not let me get a tattoo if I'm drunk, and he did, and it's fair.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 2: And then when I was in New York, I tried to get an apple tattoo. Remember Jase I came home and I was like, we're going to get matching apple tattoos. And the guy in the tattoo shop said, you look like a Steve Jobs enthusiast. Don't do that, that's the point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, looks like a peacher or a diamond ring. Somebody said, for the diamond ring on your not a bloody diamond ring you namty.
Speaker 3: No doubt Clint would have already seen the tattoos. Because there's something I want to I want to bring up with you. We were discussing the Logis earlier this week and our intrepid news man here, Clint's down away host of Weekend today as well. He's been to a number of logis and he just.
Speaker 2: Mentioned he's a hot mess at the logis.
Speaker 3: Though, Lauren, he just mentioned, well, then he mentioned him passing. The other day. He was talking about checking out at the hotel and he said, you guys were checking out together and we had a conversation about take a listen you do one on with Lynn mcgrante. Well, no, we were.
Speaker 2: Throw down with I.
Speaker 3: Throw down with Irene from home.
Speaker 2: I could see you too as a couple.
Speaker 3: Laying there vaping in bed when they finished. Good for you throwing down?
Speaker 2: What what is a throwdown? You explain?
Speaker 9: It is that a little beer?
Speaker 5: Isn't that a little beer?
Speaker 4: No? Well, we are both very good actors, Lyn McGranger and I at our various craft.
Speaker 3: Can we confirm or deny? Were you checking out together or separately? Lynn?
Speaker 5: Look, I've got to be honest, Please don't think it personally.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean a lot of people it was.
Speaker 3: It was that good? Was it? Do you know what? I don't remember either?
Speaker 2: There you do seems to be what happens seems to be a comment.
Speaker 5: And there was certainly no throwdown. Whatever the hell?
Speaker 3: Hey, Lynn, just quickly you are so intrigued.
Speaker 2: Where the second tattoo is?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 3: That's an off chair the stage, working on the Grandparents Club too. It's hitting Melbourne. It's it's a celebration of a grandparenthood set on a cruise ship. Yes, you're the cruise ship demo now, Lynn, it's.
Speaker 5: Set on a cruise ship. It's not on a cruise ship. So where we're starting Gelong on the twenty fifth of August and we go to the week and we're all over the shop and people can go online at the Grandparents Club dot Com and check where it is. It's a load of fun. And then in between the before then we've got the LOGI so and.
Speaker 3: You to behave yourself and Lynn, honestly an amazing career on Home and Away you are.
Speaker 5: Thank you, you gem.
Speaker 3: You're one of our gems on Australian television. You deserve it.
Speaker 5: If you don't, yeah, thank you so much, guys, I really appreciate it. Thank you for your come and see me. We will and my my fabulous cast members.
Speaker 3: There she is gold LOGI Musical.
Speaker 5: You're singing and dancing well yeah, singing all singing, all dancing, all acting.
Speaker 3: The goat for musical production. Lyn mcgranget join us on the air this morning. I do want to thanks to show Ready Express Now Technology chat with Mum.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I think this is something that could benefit all of us. I'm on day one of trialing something, so I'll let you know next week how I'm actually going.
Speaker 4: Tell us more along.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is new though, but I've never heard anyone else using it. It's new to me. I'm going to go with it's being new. I actually learned about this from Keeter. You love Keeter Alexander, singer I've had on the show a couple of times Red Room.
Speaker 3: She sings this gorgeous girl on the front cover of Cosmo at the moment.
Speaker 2: And I've got a creepy photo of Jace reading it, and I sent it to her and embarrassed you. What you loved it?
Speaker 3: What do you do? You take it home with you? No, it wasn't looking at it for research, of.
Speaker 2: Course, No for rese What did you learn from it?
Speaker 3: She's a wonderful singer.
Speaker 2: That she's gorgeous. Anyway, she was telling me about this app because we were having a discussion about how she's got two little kids as well, and she was talking about, you know, kids on screen time. You always talk about it too, jas with your kids on screen time each time limited And it's a funny thing because parents talk about this stuff a lot, but it's actually I think the adults who also have an addiction to screen time. So she was telling me about this app which is meant to help you really think about whether you want to engage in social media. So it's called step Block. So I download the app and what it does is you choose the apps that you're trying not to use so much, and then you select what you want to do that you have to do before you go on. So I chose Instagram, TikTok, I think just I did Instagram and TikTok, And now every time I log on or open TikTok or Instagram, it comes up with this screen that says, right, you have to do five squats to open the app.
Speaker 3: You know what, My goodness, I don't. I don't need to steal cooking for dinner anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 3: So you can.
Speaker 2: You can choose if you're going to do push ups, Clint, that could be for you, and you choose how many you're going to do and how long you do them for, and it films you so you have to actually do it.
Speaker 3: So she uses what AI technology to work out you're actually doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah. So I opened I said five squats for five minutes is what I've allowed myself to do. So if I'm online for more than five minute and then I got to open it again, it says, nope, You've got to do your five squats. And then you go, is this you? Oh yeah, you guys ready, I've got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Literally, it can't up there.
Speaker 4: Now you can use Instagram for five.
Speaker 2: Minutes and I can open it. So if you're lying in bed you want to fall a squad by the way, I know, Well, it's not a great angler filmed it on either you're lying in bed, like maybe I'm going to do him scroll. It's like, well, can I really be bothered getting out of bed and doing five squats to.
Speaker 3: Do this question?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 3: Can I put this on the kids iPads and have like clean the house for five minutes of roadblocks? Oh, that's good, get dad a beer.
Speaker 2: No, I don't do that, but you can do games, you know. So there's another one she told me about, which is called I think it's something about grass, and you can say five or ten minutes, and every time you exceed that limit, you have to go out and take a photo of grass to prove that you're getting up, you're moving and you're going outside. Think about whether you really need to do this and getting back up. But that could be good for you kids.
Speaker 4: What about the groups that have concrete.
Speaker 3: Instagram there is no social meeting.
Speaker 2: Oh, that one's called touch grass. But I'm on stop block guys, so I think we all need it.
Speaker 3: Also, very flattering photo of you mid squat and the app as well.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely not going on the internet, not for one second. We'll be posted on.
Speaker 3: And he's doing push up. Someone wants to hit snapchat today.
Speaker 2: Get on it. Yeah, you can do push ups, you can get your step count up. All you can do.
Speaker 3: What's what's the app called? Again?
Speaker 2: It is called stop Block and I'm telling you it's going to change our lives.
Speaker 4: I've done five push up so OnlyFans dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah you get and that's it. It is just going eighteen to no. High school holidays start this weekend. Don't worry. We've got you covered. Free tickets to the hottest events in Melbourne. We'll tell you hey can win them next Oh no, what three days to go? And then it's holidays. Mouth gets but can it hold them for they are coming.
Speaker 1: Only one thing can stop these rabid children from ruining us all. It's Jason Laurence School holidays.
Speaker 3: Save Yes, we've got this, Melbourne. We can do it.
Speaker 4: M h two two weeks, glorious week.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do? What have you got planned for the two weeks?
Speaker 4: Jase?
Speaker 2: Because you keep saying come on parents, start thinking now about what you're doing. And then every morning before we start the show, I'm like, hey, watch plan for school holidays and you say nothing, Lauren.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to do this great fun activity where they treat me like a human atm and then we just spend as much cat as we can. That makes sense, I think again, dependence. Now, look, school holidays are expensive, so we are here to save your Melbourne. Every day this week we're going to be uploading passes, family passes to different events all the.
Speaker 2: Fun things that kids want to do on the holidays.
Speaker 3: Today is a fun one Elmo circus stream at Corefield Racecourse. It's under the heated big top. That's right, heated. It is on now. You can book a ticketmaster dot com dot au. We've got family passes to go. However, there is a cat that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: You have to ring up and ask for the family pass. Can I have the tickets?
Speaker 4: You too?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: At Elmo?
Speaker 3: You try?
Speaker 2: My voice doesn't going to ha.
Speaker 3: Noble, good night in Marble.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else does Elmo say?
Speaker 3: Melmo do the tickle? I bought the tickle me o my dog great, and I bought the all my chicken. One my chicken like he does the chicken, and then third a twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: And then he squawks like a chicken in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirdey and twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: It's horrendous.
Speaker 3: I didn't even have kids when I bought that. It's from my niece and nephew thirty and twenty four ten when a family pass call. Now was ELMO, Good morning Melbourne. This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clintire. You're both kids. What can I held them for? They are coming.
Speaker 1: Only one thing can stop these rabbid children from ruining us all.
Speaker 3: It's Jason Lawrence. School holidays saved. Yes, Oh my god, I just had an idea talk to me.
Speaker 2: Very traumatic, that isn't it?
Speaker 3: Well, that's very traumatic what we're about to go through, Laura, two whole week. Some of us may not survive. I mean I might not see it through to the first Friday.
Speaker 4: It was you who decided to do with their children.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's shown. Some have to have them for three weeks.
Speaker 3: That is true. I got myself into this sometimes not by ch boys.
Speaker 2: Look, what do you mean, not by choice? Talk to me about not by choice?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought of the pregame, not the end game. Just look at the weather. Because I thought I'd take the tinny out for a fish.
Speaker 2: That cycle well, we thought without the children.
Speaker 3: Well the cyclone, yes, is going to affect that because I thought I could have sold boat rides, made a bit of coin on the holidays.
Speaker 2: What parents, Well, you don't even want to hang out with your own children. No, they're going to hang out with other people's children.
Speaker 3: My kids can pay and come on the boat as well.
Speaker 4: Here's the go.
Speaker 3: We are going to be offloating tickets every day to different events around Melbourne. To know things are expensive. Today we've got family passes to Elmo's Circus Dream. It's a Coffield racecourse under the heated Big Top. You can book now at ticketmaster dot com dot au. I've taken the kids of this before. It is an absolute cracker to win family passes. You've just got to ask for him as Elmo. Let's go to Clare in pasco of our South. Good morning, Claire, good morning, No, no, sorry Cla again, let's morning Claire.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Do you want tickets Claire?
Speaker 6: Yes? Please, Lauren Alma would love tickets.
Speaker 2: That's so good that's actually not bad.
Speaker 4: You can have tickets.
Speaker 3: Claire Clay, you've got a family pass ingrats amazing, Thanks, don't break character. All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: What about Sophie. Sophie hanging out with our this morning?
Speaker 3: Wow, Sophie family pass cooling for so your wife? Well, not bad, that's pretty good. They're actually not bad?
Speaker 4: Should we try?
Speaker 3: Katie? Go for it?
Speaker 4: Good morning Katie, Good morning guy. Ju you what that sounds like?
Speaker 3: It is? How are you trying to win tickets to run show?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here failure and I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: It's not bad bad, Hi, Katie.
Speaker 2: We're gonna strong, started strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll hook you up with the family past. Now you enjoy. Thank you, that's no break. Gotta beat Katie. Hilarious. If Katie was a big vapor, thanks girls talking the kids count I take the cool field.
Speaker 2: They were not blokes doing Elmo.
Speaker 3: Then we're off floating more tickets off the air. So thirteen twenty four ten is our number to win you way at Elmo's circus stream at Corfield Racecourse under the heated Big Top on now you can book a ticketmaster dot com dot au. Do you ever watched the you ever watched the docco of the puppeteers that do Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: No, it's's it. Well, what's disturbing.
Speaker 3: It's quite trippy. Is this Just be careful what condition you're in when you watch it.
Speaker 4: Well, I assume they'd have to sort of really get into character.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well I watched it look quite late on a Friday night at a friend's house. It probably wasn't the best conditions to watch. That's true. Stuffing outfits, well, no, not all of them, like something like Elmo's. There's not there's not a little man in that Elmo suit.
Speaker 4: Oh right, No, no, no, just a big hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a hand.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, assignment, assignment.
Speaker 3: That's it. Just before we get out of here, I just want to acknowledge the lead story going around Melbourne today about the tragic events that have taken place in several childcats and as we've been very careful not to hit the topic this hour because we are aware that there are a lot of kids in cars, but we had a very good conversation with some childcare workers earlier on today about it, and that podcast is now up in your pod feeds. If you want to go and have a listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're thinking of everyone who's been affected or who is having a difficult day today trying to get their head around what's been happening.
Speaker 4: There is information on the various websites Department of Health than the vic Pole website. And if you have been impacted, please call crime stoppers.
Speaker 3: Hey, that is it, guys, We are getting out of here. Thanks for joining us for the show today. She was a fun one. The video of.
Speaker 2: Don't No, No, It's not funny. That is for you only.
Speaker 3: The video of Lauren's app to help you control your screen time. The Squat will be live on our Jason Lauren page tonight. We'll just have an offair discussion about whether any areas need to be believe.
Speaker 2: You need to reshoot it. The angle was not good to have my phone on the floor when I was filming during the squads. She's just has to blur out.
Speaker 4: She's just concerned.
Speaker 2: He's going to make it look Yeah, yeah, how you that it's not But it's just not a good angle, you.
Speaker 3: Go, I just want to reshoot it. I'm like, can you imagine coming out in the Chanelle dress on high heels?
Speaker 2: No, I just the angle you don't ever put a phone on the ground and film yourself doing squads.
Speaker 4: Actually yours and the way you go.
Speaker 3: I have a great day of run the lovely melch of scener in the next world CE tomorrow, Bye, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Wake up feeling good following them on the socials.