Speaker 1: Okay, Summer said, here's some of the best bets from Jason.
Speaker 2: Loen while we're on break.
Speaker 1: Jason mentioned before the break that I've got to offer you a big pat on the back.
Speaker 2: I'll explain why, because.
Speaker 3: You don't have to. I'll just take that.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 1: I mean, Lauren and I tease you a lot about about being a busy parent and the riggers of parenting.
Speaker 4: But what the riggers or the carry on well bit of both.
Speaker 1: But what I experienced the other night, I was I was quite thrown by it. So to set the scene, my beautiful sister Casey turned thirty eight.
Speaker 2: The other night we went out.
Speaker 1: We went out for a family dinner to Racoco. It was bustling, right, it always busy, very very busy. And because it's Casey's birthday, the kids came along, of course they did. We had a nice six o'clock sitting Italian restaurant kids family. This birthday one and a half and three and a half leo six pm.
Speaker 2: Is black horse, isn't it just you weren't there these days?
Speaker 4: He's already angry.
Speaker 1: There are there are sort of mechanisms to sort of keep them occupied and in this instance, they've bought these. They're sort of iPads, but they're like they're like television iPads that sort of sit on the table.
Speaker 4: Do you know the once what do you mean folds up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a sort of stand.
Speaker 1: But it looks like a MIDI television anyway, So the iPads are on.
Speaker 2: Oh the iPad isn't just one. I was sitting next to one of the boys.
Speaker 1: I have to watch the iPad with him because he wants to narrate every second of the TV show he's watching.
Speaker 4: Right, that's annoying.
Speaker 1: That's annoyance number one. Annoyance number two. Their kids Bolonaise Noki comes.
Speaker 5: Y Did they bring it out first? Because I love a restaurant.
Speaker 6: I also like it when they let the adults or off the kids because I love a chicken nugget and a chicken.
Speaker 1: And nug It came out about five minutes before our so there was a little bit of overlap. But herein lies the problem. As they're watching and very preoccupied by the little mini television in front of us, the Noki comes. They're hungry. Oh they can't feed themselves, can they? The old servant over here has to feed the child.
Speaker 4: How old are kids when they start feeding themselves?
Speaker 5: It depends plus then even when they hey, can you cut that bit off the other day?
Speaker 3: Cut bloody fat off a steak.
Speaker 6: And oh, I'm thirty seven and I sometimes so Paul, I don't want the fat on the stake.
Speaker 1: Is three and a half years watching Telly at the dinner dinner table.
Speaker 2: Well, Uncle Clinton, clan feeding.
Speaker 5: But do you know what, purely so your sister can actually have a moment where she gets to celebrate her birthday.
Speaker 2: I know it's feeding the one and a half year old, right.
Speaker 5: But you know what I mean, like getting out iPads and siblings like you know, for her, it would have just been because Lou and I'll be honest, I've had a pretty tough week and you know I was a stoppy, you know, stoppy bloke walking around here on Wednesday and I was all down and and because juggling everything, and she would have been like, I just want to go.
Speaker 3: Out for my birthday. Just give me to myself and you just try and do everything you can.
Speaker 5: But like we at a moment, we're at the pub last Sunday catching up with a friend of ours and Archie is running around everyone and I looked at Lou and went, I'm just taking him home, and you just feel defeated.
Speaker 3: You're just right? Did we even bother leaving the house?
Speaker 1: There are so many layers, it's so hard man and.
Speaker 4: One of the children's stuff.
Speaker 1: Then they decided it's time to color in. Let's color in. Let's push the iPad aside and the KNOCKI let's start coloring in?
Speaker 4: Did you wake the kids?
Speaker 2: My my meals going cold? Forget about me?
Speaker 4: Tough out there isn't it?
Speaker 2: Parents?
Speaker 4: We're giving a round.
Speaker 2: Of parents and eat out of applause.
Speaker 3: Well you know what all take aside? That is just nice to hear.
Speaker 4: We acknowledged I got it awakening.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, I have enough trouble feeding my own mouth.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, I've been for dinner with you before where I've had to feed you.
Speaker 3: Finally I realized after the first one, but no three kids.
Speaker 6: You went back for more and again dinner tonight with my two best friends, Jimmer and Dale and their three kids.
Speaker 4: Should I cancel?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Jimmer and dallar going, You're just going to get there and there'll be three kids waiting at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: FORDI Lawrence once you guys have finished eating dinner, what do you plunk on the television?
Speaker 2: Generally speaking? Do you get Bennett?
Speaker 3: And I'm still binging below deck?
Speaker 2: But still now?
Speaker 5: Can I just I was onto this first, Like I know everyone's just jumped on the below I've been below deck for ten years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tried.
Speaker 6: I just couldn't handle the Bogans. They're too fairal for me. It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: It's a great shot. It's both the reality show filmed on supery.
Speaker 4: But they just get wildly drunk and behave like buffoons.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where if it was us on there, it would be like a nice sit.
Speaker 2: Down staff, especially us. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I can only watch rom coms and easy to watch things at nighttime.
Speaker 2: To set you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lauren got us into this bloody jail show, the jail show.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, Unlocked.
Speaker 6: It's on Netflix, sus So it's a true series about this prison warden in America who decided to unlock the doors in this prison in a.
Speaker 4: Certain it's not called a ward that's a hospital. What do you call it?
Speaker 3: A cell block?
Speaker 4: Cell block?
Speaker 6: So their doors are open twenty four hours a day and they've got to run like a community in there, because he's trying to say the prison system in America isn't working because these people broken are normally confined to twenty three hours a day, and then they get back out into society, they're even more cooked. So it's trying to make them actually manage relationships.
Speaker 5: And things and rehabilitation to get them back into society. At the moment, it's like seventy five percent reoffend and are back in jail. Inside the first five.
Speaker 6: Years, these guys were locked up twenty three hours a day with one hour of freedom a day, and now they're anyway, it's really.
Speaker 4: Good, and I was so into it. I was obsessed with it.
Speaker 6: I agree, and I sort of started to light some of the prisoners, Like I didn't have the hots for them, but I was like, I was quite interested in them.
Speaker 4: I found the whole thing very sad.
Speaker 6: There's some bad people in there, but there's some there's some people that have done about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you like a bad boy?
Speaker 2: You got the horn?
Speaker 4: No, I don't want any I don't want to have anything to do with them.
Speaker 3: Do you want to lock them up twenty three hours a day?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Should write to one of them okay, it's taking a chance. I don't want to prison.
Speaker 1: Usually I will settle in after dinner with an episode of Master Chef, right right, Yes, that's my go to usually, but that's.
Speaker 4: After you've watched Tipping Point.
Speaker 1: So many people have been telling me to watch a certain show, and I'm like, I just need to do it. I need to sit down watch a few episodes.
Speaker 4: Salt Burn.
Speaker 2: Not Saltburn, it's.
Speaker 3: This you say, this woman is stalking? Yeah, like six months?
Speaker 2: Maybe why did it take you so long to report?
Speaker 3: I think she needs help.
Speaker 5: She comes to my work, my house, she sends me emails like all the time.
Speaker 4: Really manly hauns. Haven't you chessel Jarline? Do you ever wae together? So you're a comedian. It's not going well, so is that question? Somebody who was Martha?
Speaker 3: Can you let go my hand now?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Martha?
Speaker 2: Please let your day up.
Speaker 4: Martha.
Speaker 2: It's Baby Reindeer.
Speaker 4: Everyone is talking about Baby Reindy. I'm too scared to watching.
Speaker 3: I don't get the accents. Remember when the Bodyguard.
Speaker 5: Bodyguard was huge with the British accent. I couldn't understand if you were saying, mum or ma'am.
Speaker 6: You are hang out. Can we just have a minute for him? Not understanding an English accent, was.
Speaker 5: Always like mum, I mean ma'am. I'm like, why are you calling your sergeant?
Speaker 3: Mum?
Speaker 4: Oh mate? Do you have a passport? Have you ever left the country?
Speaker 3: Went to Brisbane once?
Speaker 4: I mean that sums it up.
Speaker 2: So that follows.
Speaker 1: It basically is all about a Scottish comedian, Richard Gadd and how his life starts to unravel due to the emergence of a stalker, a chray stork.
Speaker 2: It is bloody. I'm just it is so freaky. It is freaky teak. This woman's just everywhere.
Speaker 3: Right, So following him.
Speaker 2: I watched a couple of episodes.
Speaker 4: Is it as scary as expected?
Speaker 6: Because my friend said to me, don't watch it on your own, because you won't.
Speaker 2: I watched it on my own anyway.
Speaker 4: It's a true story. Someone just said true store.
Speaker 2: Absolutely true.
Speaker 4: Absolutely definitely don't watch.
Speaker 6: It, you're not very I can watch like The Golden Girls at night.
Speaker 5: When I've been in traffic with you, and for the cartoons left behind us. You're like, they're following us. I'm like, no, they're just going left like we are.
Speaker 1: I brush my teeth, pop myself into bed, good night to the dog, night Pep.
Speaker 2: See you in the morning.
Speaker 1: Tuck myself up in the dinner feeling very snug, fell asleep. I woke up at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 2: You streaming, yelling, yelling because next to my bed I could see her, the woman. She was there next to me in bed. I'm yelling at the top of my lungs of excitement.
Speaker 4: There was a woman in your room. I'm trying to know that's why he was away.
Speaker 3: Of the norm.
Speaker 2: It was so vivid, so vivid, and dreams were so it was. It was one of the most harrowing experiences.
Speaker 4: Was it a proper night terror?
Speaker 2: It was a night terror, the full night terre.
Speaker 3: It happened without a two year old.
Speaker 6: After watching Baby Raine, watching watching Bam, I mean the night terrors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get. I get night terror.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I do unt check the pantry, the cupboard, did you. I was convinced this woman was still there.
Speaker 5: And then you realize, no girl in my room. Things are back to normal. Lock going on at my place at the moment.
Speaker 4: You have visitors on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Also, just a quick little shout out to my son Felix he's going in for surgery today to.
Speaker 4: Get some teeth taken in luck, Felix.
Speaker 3: Love your buddy.
Speaker 4: I will be there, very brave.
Speaker 3: I will be there eating ice cream with you this afternoon.
Speaker 4: It's not your excuse to eat jelly and ice cream.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: That is for patience only.
Speaker 3: I am a support person, like.
Speaker 4: A support dog will put you in a harness and walk you in. I'll support dogs.
Speaker 5: I will not be walked into the scraps, not be walked into the in a harness. However, efn me. Don't get pretty ice cream. I will wear the harness.
Speaker 4: If I get trades sold weather leash. Good luck, Felix, You're very brave.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: My niece's staying with me at the moment. Twenty one and.
Speaker 4: Nineteen gorgeous girls. They came in last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're great, they're great, They're great.
Speaker 4: How long are they staying for?
Speaker 3: They leave today, shame.
Speaker 5: But it has been really nice having them here and they've been a great help with the kids and all that took them the South Melbourne markets.
Speaker 4: These Latsia's daughters.
Speaker 5: They are indeed yet my parents went through an urban stage. I've got three older sisters Michelle Rayley. Then they hit the urban stage and called their mum Laticia.
Speaker 4: I just love it, but we've gone so rogue. How do you go from Laticia to Jason Raylee?
Speaker 3: Michelle, Jason.
Speaker 4: Get in here the favorite? Did she come out of the womb like dancing.
Speaker 3: Or something so like with single ladies?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love her great, But.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we've done a heap of stuff, all the touristy stuff. Took in the Hijinks Hotel at Chadston.
Speaker 4: That's that was a lot of fun hotel.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: It's like it's the game's parst.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like no, no, no, it's like escape rooms, but they had more challenge rooms.
Speaker 3: It's really cool.
Speaker 4: Don't you hate that stuff? Don't say don't try and be the cool one. No, no, no, you hate that stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I'm cool. I loved it, did you not? Really? There was a lot of moving around. I was sweating by the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not good at like at challenges like mind twisters.
Speaker 4: That wouldn't be good for you.
Speaker 3: Anyway. On Saturday night, they went to a twenty.
Speaker 4: First twenty first Best year of My Life.
Speaker 5: They went out all afternoon, went to the twenty first. They end up coming back to our place.
Speaker 6: Question what did they wear? Now, don't get weird and creepy on over your nieces. But now it's just like going to twenty first.
Speaker 4: These days there's a lot of skin, a lot of cutouts, a lot of skin.
Speaker 3: No, I was impressed.
Speaker 4: Did you say, girls, are you going to get cold?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: Oh, are you going to Captain Baxter first? It's going to be quite windy.
Speaker 4: Wear a jacket, jacket girl.
Speaker 5: Now it was about ten o'clock. I'm sitting on the couch at home pretty much melting.
Speaker 4: They went out at ten. No, no, no, no, no, oh, they've been to the party.
Speaker 3: They were coming home.
Speaker 5: So it was about nine point thirty coming up to ten, and they sent a text on Hey, uncle Jay, we're heading home now that's early. Would you come to a cocktail bar and have a drink with us.
Speaker 6: I'm going to need to see the text to believe that, because all of last week you're wishing that.
Speaker 4: You were going to go out. I swear to God and it was going to be your and.
Speaker 3: I sent him my wife Blue. I'm not going it's called.
Speaker 4: It ten, but it's Lasha's daughter I'm.
Speaker 5: Not coming out now. And my wife was like, Hey, how often do you have your nieces here? How cool would it be for them to go and.
Speaker 3: Have a drink?
Speaker 4: Probably not that cool.
Speaker 3: Shut up, so dressed up, put on that new coat I bought.
Speaker 6: Oh, very darka Where were you calling?
Speaker 3: Hawker bar?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: It a fancy it's cool little cocktail. Did you have your r M. Williams on?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you? Oh my god? He put on his best outfit. I rocked up, but I can picture it already. You had your r. M.
Speaker 6: Williams, a dark navy jean, a white shirt and your new trench coat.
Speaker 5: And I sent a photo of my niece had wait for it. I sent a photo on my niece's and I at the bar to their mum and her reply was, they looked like they got a photo with the bouncer.
Speaker 4: I need to see the victor.
Speaker 3: And then, to make things worse.
Speaker 4: Did you have your collar popped on your trenk?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 5: I noticed a couple of people looking at us, and then I was wandering to the bathroom. This is about ten to twenty and just before I get to the toilet, this young guy would have been early thirties, grabs me and goes, hey, hey, Jason. I'm like, ohh he.
Speaker 4: Got fun and he goes, is he fun of?
Speaker 5: He goes, I'm a fan of the show. Stuff what Lauren and Clint say, You've still got it?
Speaker 4: And how very day?
Speaker 2: And you tune in too?
Speaker 3: Yes? Brother? And I looked at him and said, my nieces.
Speaker 4: He thought you had a bird on each wing. Did you roll with it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Why don't you leave the dream alive?
Speaker 2: I was ropeful.
Speaker 3: I'm like, there, my nieces, get your eyes off from your prick.
Speaker 4: He didn't have his eyes on them. He thought they were yours. It would have been worse for them than it was for you.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a good Jason Lauren Jason Lauren wake up feeling Good on over one hundred Jason Lauren Boom on socials