Speaker 1: Is the Chrissy's One show. I've been clicking Jack.
Speaker 2: Chrissy's Clickit.
Speaker 3: Daniel Craig is cranky. He is a cranky man.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Though Daniel Craig's kind of cranky doesn't dilute the kindness in his personality.
Speaker 2: Like when he's cranky, I just find it funny.
Speaker 4: I agree, there's still something warm about him being cranky.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things where when you read the headlines it sounds one way, and then when you see the footage it's really friendly in fine, yeah, exactly. But he doesn't want to talk about Jame's Bond anymore. He's really not interested.
Speaker 2: He wants to talk about queer But what happens.
Speaker 3: Is when you're kind of synonymous with a huge character, that's what we want to talk about.
Speaker 1: And I think he just needs to accept that.
Speaker 3: He says that the James Bond movie was a nightmare, which one the latest one that he's not involved in.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's saying Quantum of Solace, Oh, Quantum of Solace was.
Speaker 3: He hasn't got a nice thing to say about anything. We were talking about him last week because he.
Speaker 2: Was it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Are you joking yesterday, No, it was not.
Speaker 2: We were talking about Casino Royal.
Speaker 1: Was that yesterday?
Speaker 2: Tom? It was yesterday that we were talking about Cassina Royal.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, does that give you an idea of what my life is like? I thought that was last week. No, it was yesterday, and we were talking about the Bond songs. We were going to find out what the one was that we were talking about Casina.
Speaker 1: It was Chris Cornell, of course, from Soundgarden. I don't love him, no, no, no, no, wait, you keep going.
Speaker 3: Imagine you know, drone shot explosions. You know, if you're a Sound Garden fan, I think you'd like it. But anyway, Quantum of Solace was a nightmare and he hopefully he never needs to talk about James Bond ever again. I feel like I feel sad for him because he made the conscious decision to step away from the franchise and he's mixing things up with this new film and people still just want to talk about Jans.
Speaker 4: But I think as well, in these interviews he's given, like they're like twenty minutes sit down interviews, right, But unfortunately, no matter what he says about this new film, no one is going to click on that.
Speaker 2: All anyone who's going to click on is the James Bond stuff.
Speaker 4: So maybe it's the publicity team for the new film that need to just set a rule. I hate rules in interviews, but maybe they do just need to say no James Bond questions.
Speaker 1: But then that makes him look like a diva.
Speaker 3: And then also, because this is the problem with press junkets, they happen before anybody's really seen the filmy. So when you've said, when we've seen Queer, we're going to have questions and will be interested that all the interviews are done, you've got to go back, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's just it's wrong. It feels wrong anyway.
Speaker 3: The situation that happened on that film is that Paul Haggis, who wrote the script, doesn't mean anything to anyone apart from, you know, a disgusting Scottish meal. He did it pass over the script, which means he looked at it kind of once, yeah, write it, looked at it once and then he joined a picket line because it was at that writer's that the writer strike.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Daniel Craig says the entire film should have been scrapped at that point, and it shouldn't have been made.
Speaker 1: I disagree because I love James.
Speaker 3: Bond films and I live for the opening credit songs.
Speaker 2: Yes, what is your favorite James Bonder? My favorite is.
Speaker 3: Die Another Day by Ma Donna Sick.
Speaker 1: I'm fully more and more in love with that woman. You've got to watch that doc.
Speaker 4: Oh, my friend, I know, well, tomorrow's Wednesday watch list?
Speaker 2: Is that what it's? Yes, I'll watch the Madonna dot Coat tonight.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about brain rot because that's what I want you to do. I want you to sit on the couch and brain rot. It's the twenty twenty four Oxford Word of the Year.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it too, And that is quite a controversial opinion because everybody's like, oh.
Speaker 1: It's brain rot.
Speaker 2: You feel bad about it?
Speaker 3: Listen if you are. If your lifestyle allows you to have a few moments where you can be mindless instead of mindful, then go for it. I think it's important. My only concern is this I have noticed in myself and my kids. Because I'm consuming things for thirty seconds forty five seconds, my attention span has become used to that, and it has atrophied.
Speaker 2: So you would struggle with a three hour film nowadays.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And for those people listening that don't know what it is, the definition is the supposed deterioration of a person's mental or intellectual state, especially viewed as the result of over consumption of materialicularly online content.
Speaker 3: And I get that, and I just think you've got to do that, but you've got to balance it out by reading an article.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 4: But the thing I like, when is the word considered to be trivial or unchallenging, Like I think everything I watch is unchallenging. Everything I do is brain Who wants to watch something challenging?
Speaker 3: Listen, if I want to spend one minute of my time watching Charlie Ex says, have a fag on stage, I got to do it.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: First, Chrissy's clique face.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be honest with you. I find it very hard to order a steak at a restaurant. Why it's so expensive? What do you mean the logic of it?
Speaker 3: I know that they're lovely, and I know that you're not just paying for the piece of meat. You're paying for the experience and the hospitality and all of that. But to pay fifty dollars for a piece of steak, I find very very hard.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things. It's probably the only meal at a restaurant that I'm happy to not look at how much it costs because I love it so much and like a well cooked steak.
Speaker 2: I mean by that, I mean rare. I just am so.
Speaker 4: Happy to pay the money for It's such a beautiful experience. It's such a beautiful cutting men.
Speaker 3: I wish I had, I wish I was more like you, but I can't. I can't do it. Jeremy Clarkson is finding that other people can't do it either. There has been backlash, nastiness. He's opened up a new pub in Oxfordshire and Jeremy Clarkson, he's from top Gear and all that, but he's one of these guys. He's also got a TV show where he shows what it's like to have absolutely no skills and run around the farm, and I feel like he's done the same with a pub. He's got no skills and he's doing this thing. But he's really hell bent on British made Okay. Everything in that pub that you can buy has to be made in Britain, right, he is charging twenty eight pounds for a piece of steak, Now that's fine. Well, there's two things out that I got out of this. Everyone's mad about it. By the way, twenty eight pounds works out to be about fifty sixty bucks Australian. That says to me that Australia is very expensive to live in. If we read that and we go got twenty eight pounds, that's okay. Our cost of living is out of control.
Speaker 4: But I was in I remember being in London and paying like twenty five pounds for a steak and I was like, that was just the norm in the middle of this year.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the norm for you.
Speaker 2: I'm not so rich like kit of Beverly Hill. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: People are so mad about it. Someone posted a photograph of a steak. It looks stunning, by the way, a little bit overdone for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks beautiful that.
Speaker 3: Vene sauce and it's got sort of a little truffly thing and one beautiful singular.
Speaker 1: Carrot, a huge carrot by the way.
Speaker 3: But everyone's like steak and carrotsat is one carrot singular.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with this, and I also think swanning Jeremy Clarkson's one of those dudes that people love to write about and hate on. Yes, it's a bit of tall poppy syndrome around Jire, I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Having said that, I just want to remind you I did teach you how to cook a steak that tastes exactly like fancy restaurant one and it costs APUs.
Speaker 4: And I still do that for my parents when I go down to the Peninsula and I make it at home. At home, I stick by your press.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 4: They loved it, and I'm still just shook it that you don't oil the pan. You just oil the steak before putting it on the pan. That's right, Marina.
Speaker 1: When are they going to sign the adoption papers? What do I have to do now?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about a text message that was sent from Joe Jonas.
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: I get them more confused?
Speaker 3: Joe Jonas, you wear that nasty breakup with the girl from Game of Thrones, he texted Timothy Chalomay. Yes, last year, last December, so that's a year ago?
Speaker 1: Really? Will it is? My god, it's already December.
Speaker 3: He says, last December, I sent Timothy Chalamey a text from my friend's phone anticipating a response, and then another photo of him saying this is December. He still hasn't texted back. I hope this helped, which is sort of funny. But here's the thing. He posted the text message. It says TC Timothy Charalamay and it says I missed you from him in green should be blue.
Speaker 4: By the way, I mean, the fact Timothy Challamey potentially has uses Android upsets me.
Speaker 2: But that's right.
Speaker 3: I don't think he does use Android. I don't think that text message has got to him.
Speaker 1: That's first. Have a look at what time it was sent.
Speaker 2: At twelve fifty eight am.
Speaker 1: One am. I am telling you this is not on Timothy chala may.
Speaker 3: If my phone goes off at one am and it's a number I do not recognize.
Speaker 2: You're not getting a response.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. And that goes to my children too.
Speaker 2: By the way, regularly, Dippy joll up next to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 1: Donare you