Speaker 1: There you are on the air with Jason Lauren Clinty as well listening to number one hundred.
Speaker 2: Our next guest has come a long way since being a Queensland Police officer. He's been in government under Howard, have it Turnbill and Morrison, and he could very well next be in government under himself.
Speaker 3: I think we've got a hell of a journey left in front of us and the campaign can throw up all sorts of audities.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show, Leader of the Liberal Party.
Speaker 4: How are you very good?
Speaker 5: Good to be with you?
Speaker 4: Think are you exhausted yet?
Speaker 3: I think everyone's a bit exhausted, and I think everyone's probably over the campaign and just want to get back to their lives and it'll be over on Saturday night. So we've got a big sprint between now and well.
Speaker 6: It is interesting because I think people are like, there is so much talk about the selection. People do get over the constant ads and bombardment, wait for the just quickly. Are you getting the text messages that we're all getting. I'm not getting the text on the trumpet list trump days in a row.
Speaker 3: This is the reason to keep your phone number and never never change it. Because Clive has got that number, so big bombarded.
Speaker 7: Do you have Clive's number? I do, yes, can we all get that? And then.
Speaker 5: Here's my reply mate's reply.
Speaker 8: You are?
Speaker 9: You are on Telly all the time?
Speaker 8: I mean we've been watching both breakfast shows this morning and the ads have popped up. I've seen more of you than I have any of my mates recently.
Speaker 3: The big the big winner of course, out of the election campaigns of the media companies. You guys are all meeting budget over this month.
Speaker 7: And I can't wait to run the gauntlet on Saturday. You know, the flyers did it the other day.
Speaker 9: I voted early voted.
Speaker 4: When do you vote?
Speaker 7: I'll vote Saturday day, your day. What's what's the rundown the day is that there.
Speaker 5: Will be a lot of media in the morning, so just sort of back to back.
Speaker 3: I'll have a chat to Clint on today and others sort of right around the country, a lot of radio and then it's yeah, it's it's into your own electric, catching up the volunteers and so it's a fairly busy day.
Speaker 7: Have you put thought into how you're going to eat the sausage?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, short, yeah, yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm very conscious of it my many very concerned, this could this could swing it a few percent.
Speaker 7: You get it from the end and there's a there's a mean, there's a photo, there's an image.
Speaker 4: All jokes aside. Are you feeling confident? Are you nervous?
Speaker 3: I am feeling confident because I've seen we do, you know, track polling and look at the seats all the time. But the response that we've had through that polling, but more importantly, the response that our volunteers have had at the pre polling over the last few days has been pretty extraordinary. So I think there is something happening that's quite different to what we're seeing in the published poles and the papers at the moment. And when you go the seat by seat, you've got some great candidates. You look at people who work really hard, and your hamer for example, they're out door knocking, picking up you know, thous of conversations and listening to people and responding to that and that actually helps their vote on the day, and that's not picked up in the overall polling that we see at a federal level.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we've got four days. You've got four days to convince the people of Australia. Why we should vote for you? What is the key message to drive this home for people who A lot of people have already decided, and there's a lot of people that still don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 4: If there was one thing you could tell them, what would it be? Why should we vote.
Speaker 3: For The key message has got to be ask yourself for you're better off today than you were three years ago, and a lot of families aren't. We've had the biggest drop in living standards in our country's history. A lot of families have gone back whids, thirty thousand small businesses have gone broke.
Speaker 5: So what can we do about it?
Speaker 3: Well, our plan is to cut the price of fuel by twenty five cents a leter, so it's about fourteen dollars a tank you get back straight away. We'll give twelve hundred dollars back by way of a tax rebate money you've paid, but that will help you deal with the cost of living pressures you've got now. And then we're going to fix up the energy system, because it's the energy system which is driving up the cost of the production of food, the production and the manufacturing of building materials. This is why groceries are up by thirty percent. So we're going to flood the market with Australian gas that we're exporting at the moment. We're going to bring that back into domestic consumption and that brings the price of gas down by about twenty three percent. That means not just a gas bill at home, but gas is used to generate electricity, so that will help across the economy bring price This year.
Speaker 8: For you right now is that you're probably running out of time if the published poles are to be believed fifty three forty seven last night, the age resolve pole. I mean, are people buying what you're trying to sell?
Speaker 5: I think they are. Clinton.
Speaker 3: I think as you say, when you go seat by seat and you look at the fights that are on there, and you know this space well. But people either have a good view or a bad view of their local labor member. I think, particularly in Victoria, people are concerned about crime. We've announced we're the only party to announce a huge crime policy.
Speaker 5: We're just on that.
Speaker 8: People aren't afraid to go to the shops. Like you said at the start of the campaign, that's big. Victorians aren't afraid to go to the shops. Let's be honest, that's just hyperbole, right.
Speaker 3: And Franklin the other day there's a twenty one percent increase in twelve months too, there.
Speaker 9: Might be an increasing crime that Victorians aren't scared to go.
Speaker 5: To the shop.
Speaker 3: Well, there are some astrains that we've spoken to, particularly in Victoria. A woman who had a machete held to her throat, who's completely changed her way of life. She won't do an afternoon ship. She's worried about going out.
Speaker 9: Of the shore.
Speaker 8: But when you can see that that statement was hyperbole, like Victorians in general aren't scared to go on to Clarendon Street go to the local shops to buy their grace.
Speaker 3: And of course not every Victorian is, but there are a lot of Victorians that we've spoken to who are bloody scared.
Speaker 9: And I'm really scared. We're scared of crime, but we're not scared to go to the shop.
Speaker 7: No one, no. But you know what, it's not just him. Every poly throws out.
Speaker 9: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 6: But you know what, I'm scared to drive to work at the time we do in the morning because I'm scared of stolen cars driving down the road.
Speaker 4: I'm really scared of criming.
Speaker 1: This just back on the piles, like I was just thinking. Remember everyone thought short and had it in the in the back.
Speaker 5: Yes, twenty nineteen. The book's paid out on the Friday today.
Speaker 4: Can you bet on the election?
Speaker 9: See on everything?
Speaker 7: You can bet on Master Shift, you can bet on Peter getting.
Speaker 9: The top job. Peter, what would it mean to you to be PM of this country? We've seen you know it's it's it's an honor bestowed on very.
Speaker 7: Few, but Joe's. It doesn't look like the funnest job.
Speaker 3: Firstly to be the greatest honor because we live in the best country in the world, so that goes without saying. But look what I've demonstrated I think in my career as a police officer and in Parliament, is that I genuinely care for people. I want I want a safer community. And the crime policy is about saying that we're going to crush the crime gangs who are bringing in the illegal tobacco. They're the ones selling drugs to our kids who are breaking into homes to pay for that habit. They're stealing cars and selling those cars to the outlaw motorcycle gang. So I'm absolutely determined to make us a safer community and society. I want to make sure that we can invest into defense because we live in a really uncertain time and I want to make sure that we're safe, but our kids and grand kids are and most importantly, or as importantly, I want to make sure that Australians can have some room in their budgets. Again, there are just too many families, too many stories of people working the second third job because they're getting hammered. So bringing that cost of electricity and that cost of gas down, cutting the cost of of petrol and giving the twelve hundred bucks back. That is about providing support and saying that we've listened to people. We know they're struggling.
Speaker 7: You and Albow have been chatting on the text during this We.
Speaker 3: Haven't had much much exchange over the course of the campaign. It's been if he's been pretty busy, she's the music at Channel seven years the other night was a bit it's got a bit annoying. It was a bit annoying, blood bloody price of eggs.
Speaker 5: That'll get you, that'll get you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was confused to they.
Speaker 6: I feel like that was why did you have to go first. In that I would have been I would have thrown my toys out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think maybe we should have written down on a piece of paper and then compared. Notes might have been given away.
Speaker 4: I think so too, and you might have bought six eggs.
Speaker 9: Who's in your who's in your war room? If you will? On election night? How do you? How do you watch the election? I see him? It's in Brisbane? Is it family there?
Speaker 5: Family's family will be there.
Speaker 9: I assume you're not watching on the ABC.
Speaker 7: Are you watching the channel ten? The tender advocate on there? Or a bit more serious?
Speaker 3: That's sort of a bomb out on it first too, So I'll not be watching it on ABC. Look, it'll be family. It'll be your close advisors and all of those you know, sort of geeky.
Speaker 5: Analystic.
Speaker 7: Have you written your speeches?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: No, not, surely that's a chat GP teacher.
Speaker 5: We can talk about it after. I'll get your dad.
Speaker 4: What are your kids saying?
Speaker 6: Because I know if my dad was going out and getting out there in the public and doing radio shows like this, I'd be like, now, listen, dad, there's a few do talk about this?
Speaker 4: What are the kids?
Speaker 6: Because I think that's also a huge part of the people who are voting for your young people of this country who don't know you that Well, what advice are your kids giving you?
Speaker 4: In the running into these last few days.
Speaker 3: They look my kids just I guess they're proud as you know, as I would be of them if they were, you know, going for a job somewhere. And they they're also defensive because they say, you know, they read some of the crap online and so yeah, you know, there's just nothing like what you are who you are. But Harry came out with me. He's second year chippy apprenticeship and he sent me a post which was not from Harry Dutton twenty at you know, Brisbane or whatever it was, he says, a legitimate post which said here's the photo of Harry Dutton and Peter Dutton. It looks like Brad Pitt and mister potato head. And so it was the most self serving thing that he would he bag that he begged that.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you're not good at that they say, Dad, stay away from Like I can't throw?
Speaker 4: What did you do that for?
Speaker 7: Yeah, don't play footy, you'll take out of foot.
Speaker 5: They did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I kicked up. Yeah, we've discussed this. It was a pretty good kick, I thought, but it.
Speaker 9: Was an ABC camera.
Speaker 5: Actually here, so look that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, you've got a huge few days ahead. Good luck.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys very much.
Speaker 7: Before we go, we made the path yes, because Clint already voted. Lauren doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Partake in this, so you and me Lauren has to You never know, we might get a curve ball from Peter. We thought we'd do three to two one and say we're voting for.
Speaker 4: I said I'm not doing it from the start. Don't put I said no from the beginning.
Speaker 7: Come on, play the game.
Speaker 4: I'll do the countdown.
Speaker 3: Go to you two.
Speaker 9: So you voted, I voted.
Speaker 4: You're in trouble. Do you guys actually want to do this?
Speaker 9: This was your game?
Speaker 5: We're going to do it? Sure?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 9: Three two one albow Independent?
Speaker 5: Second? Who'd you go? Second preference?
Speaker 8: He's already done it and I actually can't remember other than Melbourne, the seed of Melbourne.
Speaker 5: All right. I hope you don't like the Independent. That's disaster for the country. There you go. All right, thanks guys, thanks for having much.
Speaker 7: Anything, but Clive is our rule here. Hey, make good luck for Saturday.
Speaker 5: Thanks very much. Man rolled up, wouldn't be Yes, Thanks.
Speaker 7: Peter Dupp and join us on the air. Just got two Part seven.
Speaker 3: This is No but
Speaker 6: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on The Socials Show.