Speaker 1: On this episode of the Fox League Podcast, we're talking great retirements thanks to host Plus that's a plus. Hello and welcome to the Fox League Podcast. My name is Darcy McDonald and joining me to reminisce his very decorated career and chat all things retirement after hanging up the boots recently is Aaron Woods.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Thanks Darcy, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Sure you got to ask fresh off your very last Mad Monday is a full time professional rugby league player. How are you feeling? Do they get any tamer or the older you get?
Speaker 3: Oh? I think they get a little bit easier as you get older, especially what would you say the landscape that we live in this day and age, you tend to not get away with things like you used to so and there's a lot more to put it risk if you do want to carry on like a pork chop, there's a lot more.
Speaker 2: I want to say, there's more risk than reward at the moment. So it was pretty tame. Let's just say, stuck to the mid strength beer and that was it.
Speaker 1: Lovely love to hear it. Well, no rest for you. You're on radio today in at Fox Tonight. What are your plans now that you're retired.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I didn't really want to come out in sales and retire.
Speaker 3: I sort of just wanted to float off into the sunset and just do it nice and quietly. But you know, John Bonaserah merely, he's sort of our football manager and operations there. He was just like, hey, you need to do something. We want to do something for the club.
Speaker 2: So they were lucky enough to do something for myself and Brad Parker who was retiring as well.
Speaker 3: In the last game, they just give us a little bit of a shout in front of all the fans and the family and our friends and family. Sorry, and all the fans of Brookie are enormous, so that was good to sort of say goodbye. And with that, it didn't really get to float away to the sunset like I wanted to. So there's a lot happening in the next obviously Grand Final week there will do such a great.
Speaker 2: Thing with the retiree players.
Speaker 3: So everyone that's sort of retiring, we're staying in the city and you do all these seminars, you get to bring your wife and you do just I'm not too sure exactly what we're doing yet.
Speaker 2: But they just said there's a lot of formal.
Speaker 3: Meetings just to help when you do transition, because you know, some players it could be out of the blue, and other players they could be preparing for it pretty much like I have myself, so you don't fall into much of a hardship. But it's good initiative for the world to help us with those sorts of things.
Speaker 2: We're in the unknown. We've played fully.
Speaker 3: I've played fully for fourteen fifteen years since I've finished high school. Now I've got to go out and go and get a proper job, so it's a different you know, I'd be live, I was saying. I was a little bit nervous and scared because you know, it's you're going in the real world.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We've always been that, you know, that rugby league player, where you know people done our health insurance, they've done in our pay and all.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now you know, if you haven't sort of looked into that way you're playing, you've got to go out and really know what the real world's all about. So in that circum circumstance, you're sort of going to realize that.
Speaker 2: It's going to be different, and there's going to be some hardships.
Speaker 3: There's going to be some good times, but you know, there's a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: To help you.
Speaker 3: Support you depends which you're sort of what we call a village that you've got people around your lot, a wife, you know, I've got a couple of family friends that really help. So there's going to be moments that it's going to be great, and there's many moments where it's going.
Speaker 2: To be like wow.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a lot different without footage, and they're going to just try and help us, you know, guide us through these sort of stages of our life because, as I said, we haven't been in this before and we're luckily they're there.
Speaker 2: To help us to come through it.
Speaker 1: You talk about being a little nervous, I feel like it might sink in for you the most when you know, when it comes to November December and everyone's going back to pre season training and we're your first time in like fourteen fifteen years that you're spending an November December not getting flogged.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right, Darcy.
Speaker 3: I left school at seventeen, so I finished in you twelve, and I've done pre seasons ever since. I'm thirty three now, so I've done sixteen pre seasons. Pre seasons when it does get to that November second and third, when you're you're normally getting that anxiety and you're getting very nervous to go back. And I wonder if all the work I've done in the break has been enough. And you know you've got six or seven weeks pre Christmas block that you're going to have to do.
Speaker 2: I don't have to do it, so, but in saying that, I'll.
Speaker 3: Still want to keep myself physically in a good shape because I don't want to be one of those bugs that blows out. And I don't think it'll happen in my life because my wife's a personal trainer and honestly, she just worries about what she eats and what she puts into a system. So I dare say that she won't let me fall off track. She let me have a couple of moments, but she'll pull me in quick.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be the unfit bloke in the coms box you're criticizing players, do you no, Mate?
Speaker 2: You don't want people to go Jesus, lettingself go look at him?
Speaker 3: But you also you know I still would love to be around it. Trying to talk talking mainly still at the moment about maybe having sort of a certain role. And the club had five different clubs, so you've got to pick one club to work for, so hopefully one.
Speaker 1: Of them like you more options. Right. That's well between the two hundred and seventy odd games you played State of Origin tests for Kangaroos, I feel like there's so much we could talk about, but I want to take you back to the very, very very beginning. You said you left school at seventeen. What do you remember from your very first NRL pre season.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one of the funniest things I remember was two of my favorite blokes to play with, Keith Galloway and Bryce Gibbs.
Speaker 2: They punched it on a training It was like one.
Speaker 3: Of the funniest things because I'm the young kid like and remember the year is a lot different to when I come through to when these young guys come through now. So it's basically speak when spoken to. So I was too scared to say anything and we're just doing this simple just a catch past drill. You know, you have a sort of a one line across and there's three. There's lines of three and you just do it through the hands. Tim Sheen's loved his fundamentals. Loved just catch pass name on the past, you know, Keith catch it, Bryce catch it. And it was this moment in the in the drill gives he was just taking the pisce a bit of Keith kept throwing real low and Keithy kept sort of either dropping it or just catch it. And Keith, he's a very proud man, doesn't like the pull and shown especially in front of the young guys that you know, he's supposed to be the leader for me and he's a guy do look up to, the same as same as that Brycey. But Bryce was a funny man. And then he did about three times and keep He's just like, mate, if you do it one more time, I'm going to rip your head off. And then what his gold give give gives you do he just goes bang froze at his feet next to you know, Keith town boom, and it was on poor on Roastie Simmons, the little like little gardeners in between trying to grab him, and it was just made It was.
Speaker 2: An eye opener.
Speaker 1: Wow, welcome to first grade. Hey, like you. You were so young when you entered that system, and I'm sure your dreams were enormous, but I'm curious, did you have a Plan B in case, you know, everything didn't go to plan.
Speaker 3: Look, I was doing some sort of work. I've always even through footy, I've always done courses. If the club's offered stuff to do, I've always put my how to do it. I didn't really think at a time out of plan B. I was signed a three year deal when I was in year twelve at high school. But what happened was I did end up doing a pretty serious injury with my hamstring, and basically the doctor just said, look, you might not be able to run at a top level anymore. And you think about that. Look, I'm not the quickest spoke of that at the time, and it was like wow. So you walk out of that meeting, It's like, what am I going to do now if this all doesn't work? But I just gave it one hundred and ten. You know, everything I did, committed to it. It was the best thing for me because it's really I would be how to look after my body was in preparation. It's not just about doing the what is it the sixty or seventy minutes you do on the field of training. It's about getting there, doing your prehab, doing your rehab, just working so hard on your body to get it right and just little like you know, do I go out in the night of the boys getting the bees or do I just sit home and relax and just make sure you recoverage. Your body is a lot better, probably maybe grow up a lot quicker. And you know there's times where geez, I wish I had have gone out and had a good time with where was my schoolmates or the footy boys? But I knew if I did that and set me back a couple of days, and you know, it's not good for what the injuries I had at the time. So look, I didn't really have a plan B because I just wanted to. I always wanted to be RUGB belief. I wanted to be RUGB belief player. It was funny I got my year six like it's like a you know, a farewell. They do a booklet on each person, and mine at the time was I want to play rugby league and it's sorry it said where do you see yourself in?
Speaker 2: I think it was ten years time.
Speaker 3: So I was twelve or eleven at this stage, and I said, I see myself playing for the Northern Eagles, because I was a mainly supporter now of Northern Northern Negles at that time. And most funny, I don't know where I got up. I think my mum might have brought it out of the week and look at this. It was all right except for the wrong club.
Speaker 1: So funny you say that that brings back my memory. I put in my year six year, what what do you want to be when you grow up? And I said a Bulldogs cheerleader. I also said Bulldogs premiers in two thousand and four and I got it right.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, that's good.
Speaker 1: Anyways, have you ever like stopped to think throughout your career and go what would I be doing if I never played NRL?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Many times, because I was sort of like you know when you cash up your schoolmates, it's like there. I was like, Jesus, I know I'd be able to do it. Something I can't sit still. But for me, I'd always loved it. I love coffee, I love just chewing the fat with anyone. I love talking to people. So what I really wanted to do while I played, but I just didn't. I didn't have enough time. Was I'd love to open up a coffee shop and just get to meet people in the local area. Like it's just I love just talking, Like just get to know people, just seeing how their day was, what they've been up to, and it's just something I love doing. And if you speak anyone at probably all the five clubs I've been at, they'll tell you the big fellow loves the coffee of the Yarn And so I probably would have said maybe trying to. I've done my barista course as well. We were lucky enough to do that while we're playing footy. That was at the West Tigers. And yeah, honestly I would have. And I've always bought about the possibility of either opening up your coffee shop or cracking my own be I.
Speaker 1: Love that idea. We could see with this coffee shop.
Speaker 2: How good is that to be the Bristol I think that's already done. But that's already been taken.
Speaker 1: Now, your West Tiger's Junior made your debut twenty eleven. Do you remember much from your your debut? I assume you probably remember everything right.
Speaker 2: Oh, remember it was a Monday night against the Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it was the same night Sam Casiana debuted and he started and I come off the bench.
Speaker 2: I only got told I was playing the day before. Oh wow, on the Sunday. Yeah, so I think I was in jersey number nineteen or twenty.
Speaker 3: Bro Gibbs was in a bit of injury doubt, and I think Chansy knew a week was when I played me. I didn't tell me until the day before the game, just said, you want me to get too nervous all week. I got on for the last twenty minutes and as Tim said, he said I wouldn't gone to the second half and probably the last twenty or fifteen minutes. I remember warm up in the sheds. Benji was straight across from me. He just kept looking at me. And remember asking him off the game, like, w what do you keep looking at me? Because just like I've seeing how young kids handle their debut, they're all different.
Speaker 2: I never forget my first carrier.
Speaker 3: I carried the ball straight into Corey Payne and Andrew Ryan, and I was like, wow, first grade is a lot different to what twenties and reserve grade is. So it was a great aitiation we'd got beat that night, but jeez, you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. So you know, when you're on the sideline, I'm not big to sort of do too much warm before I go on, but geez, that night I reckon. I did nearly seven k on the sideline trying to get ready again.
Speaker 1: Gone, oh that's too funny. A couple of years later, you make your Stay of Origin debut. Of course, it's every kid's dream. But you must look back at that time in the Jersey with so much pride, like you made the team early in your career and you held your spot for like five or so years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a good squad and the hardest thing about it was the Queensland side that we come up against Darcy. They had so many I think looking the other day, they had four Hall of famers already Greekingless Kronk, Slader Smith, Like, that's four that have been only retired for two or three years. So shows you have well in Thurston as well. Sorry there's five, Like, it's just the side they had. And then look you look at it now that they had I think it was Matt Scott maybe seven deceiver up front, Nate Miles, Hawgols it Origin level. Even Matt Gillette, he doesn't get their recognition like a lot of players because he retired so early with the neck injury. But they had so many great players in that side. You know, for me to even be mentioned in the Blues you frame of selection, that was awesome. But then when you finally get that call off Laurie, I never forget he called me on a Sunday morning. It was when James Samato got himself in a little bit of trouble and he got suspended. So the next game two he wasn't allowed to play. I got the call. But the worst thing was I had to plan on the Monday night and I had to play up against Brisbane up the un called stadium. So you go on into a game against Brisbane on Monday night knowing that you've already been selected for Origin. It was one of the hardest games I've ever played in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't want to get injured exactly exactly, but you also want to show you that.
Speaker 2: You're basically not carrying the book or not making tackles with your shoulder. He's just trying to catch and not get it hurt.
Speaker 1: That's too funny. Your kangaroo's debute didn't come too long after twenty fourteen. I feel like we probably don't talk about the international game with the same respect and intensity that we talk about origin. But I mean, like pulling on that green and gold jersey. That must have been so special to play for your country.
Speaker 3: Oh it's you know a lot of people say, what's the biggest recognition. You've got to sort of say Australia. Because you're playing for your country, you get picked. It's like the best of the missiles in Queensland. I never forget the first moment we got into camp. I was up at the Soft Hotel in Brisbane. You know, I'm just sort of get putting my gear on. You're in a gear room getting thing fitted, and like Camera Smith walks in, you know, Burst and walks in. Slater made blokes that I've idolized. I got the room with Matt Scott like like just things like that as wow. And then next thing you know, we'll have a team meeting and then they go I think it was Camera Smith. My boy straight down the bar, have a few beers and get to know over and OBVI sitting there having a beer on my left camera Smith, you know, on the right Robbie Farra blocks up playing with Paul gallon Great Birds Jesus Man, Like I can't. I'm actually pinching myself. It is like a I know, I'm an I was squad, but I'm actually a mad fan as well at the same time. So I was like, I was so lucky.
Speaker 1: To do what I've done in wa and to I mean, you get to play all these really cool nations as well. And I've heard a story about you guys. Are you in particular a game in Port Moresby and they let the fans on the field, the PG fans, and you've got stripped of everything but your budget smugglers and you're the vest that you wear under your jersey. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So yeah, it's one of them. It's a tough situation when you go to Maresview as.
Speaker 3: Well, because they a lot of in the prep before you go over, they tell you not to give your clothes and your gear out to certain people because it's there the way they've been brought up a lot different wre we are here, but you just can't help it. There's young kids that love it. Like you know when you get to England and you just see the soccer players just get swarm.
Speaker 2: That's what it's like in Port Moresby and put New Guinea.
Speaker 3: I've been there five times, one of the great places that they had so many good times. I've even was luck enough the captain of preminise squad over there. But that one particular moment, Yeah, there was a I think it was like ten minutes ago in the game and that the something happened and then everyone just.
Speaker 2: Swarmed on the field. It was pretty it was a surreal, scary moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they sort of I think we played another five minutes and the game was over and the next next thing, you know, we're going out to steal with the fans take all that.
Speaker 2: Like they asked for things and they try to do like a swap for you, and I was like, ah, you just have all.
Speaker 3: My stuff, And as you said, I'd come back in with my budgets, muggers and the GPS. Vest couldn't get rid of that because then boths of the Aussies would kill us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard how expensive they are. That must be kind of you mentioned surreal. But it must be a moment as well that you realize just how privileged you already playing for Australia going to a country like that and being able to be in a position to be able to hand out all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely, but it's also like you know your respect to that we're a rug belief player. But a funny story. When I was captain of the Promeisters. You'll fly into two Moresby and then you check you in so going through the customs and for some reason I got taken to this other room like something was happening with my visa. And then I go in this room and like, man, I'm in Moresby and no one else is in the other room. I'm with all these officials. All they want to do is take photos. They didn't there's nothing wrong with the visa. They just took us in there to take photos. And I was like, honestly, I I was shipping myself because I was like, man, I'm in this third or country. They've taken me out the bag. One thing is what is going to happen to me next? But all they wanted the big boss of the security, he's a mad Tigers fan at the time.
Speaker 2: He wanted to take a photo with me.
Speaker 1: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: So I was like, wow, take photos.
Speaker 1: I'll give you all the photos I said.
Speaker 3: I got year, you can have me A year after the tips down, my heart was raising.
Speaker 1: What an experience. Wow, all right, well twenty fifteen season. I want to highlight that because I mean, look, it wasn't great for the Tigers as a whole, but as an individual. You started in all three Origin games, started for the Kangaroos and finished equal second and on the daly M leader board. To Jonathan Thurston, wild Yeah, is it around then that you reckon your career? Probably peaked uh a little, but I think it's probably helped.
Speaker 2: They were in a site that was probably losing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got a lot more points in the dally M, which is disappointing. You'd rather win the camp and not get any Delian votes, to be honest with you, But it was just it was a good sort of time. Obviously, I was doing disappointed when when Tiger's part of the ways with Tim Sheen's early on, I had my first couple of years under him, learnt so much. He taught me, not just about rugby, how to be a rugby league player, how to prepare, how to do so many things, you know, And they were lucky enough to get him back the last couple of years the Tigers, and you know, I would have loved to be there under underneath him again. But you know, it was hard with the consistencies, just because there's like so many chopping and changing different coaches. They look, it was probably one of our most my one of my Probably that fourteen to fifteen sixteen was more consistent for me.
Speaker 2: There's no injuries. I think I've played the whole season, didn't miss any games.
Speaker 3: And yeah I didn't. I couldn't remember that. It's coming second on Delian. That's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Don't you go and check the leaderboard now? Mate?
Speaker 3: I said, I just love playing footy and if you get you know, those rewards they.
Speaker 2: Come at the back end of it. Look, if they don't play for the rewards, you obviously you want to play in a camp. But yeh, if you can do anything with the team, that's all I worry about.
Speaker 1: I think you tied second with Michael Lennis and Ben Hunt.
Speaker 2: Oh always happened before I could have jeeped me up at training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well now you know, yeah, well fast forwards twenty eighteen you left the Tigers. There's a lot of chopping and changing in this period of your career. Bulldogs for half a season, Sharks for three and a half, Dragons for a season, mainly for two. I bet during this phase of your career you learned a lot about just how much the NRL is a business, right and you have to you have to be agile.
Speaker 3: Oh I do what and you never know, things just come in come around. They just happened. It just happens overnight, like I'll go to the Dogs on a four year deal from there till I think just before the June thirty deadline, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: I was enjoying my time there.
Speaker 3: Obviously it was a bit of disappointing how we'll start off the year, but it was a.
Speaker 2: Real good bunch of blokes, great coaching staff.
Speaker 3: But that was just purely for a salary cap, you know, reason I go to Sharks. Loved my team at Sharks, it was that was one of my funnest like the Tigers, you know, the Sharks and man, I really really enjoyed because I've got to be there for a bit longer than eight eight months back. So yeah, the Sharks boys, and I can see why the culture is so good, and you know, grayfeit Givens comes in and he's just fine tuned a few things that it need to be fixed and jeez made they've got a they've got such a strong such a strong like nursery down there and a lot of the players. Now you look at in the around them all, Talo Brandon, Trindle, Akora, Will Kennedy, Blake Brayley team, they all played in the juniors together, so they dumb world to keep them all together. And I really think they're going to be one of the powerhouse the next couple of years. It you look back at Penrith, you know they were there there about for a period.
Speaker 2: Before these five rare finals they played.
Speaker 3: They were really competitive, but then just something took them to the next level.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what's going to happen with Cana.
Speaker 3: And I was lucky to be around those boys and just what a great group, great area.
Speaker 2: One thing about the Shire is that people don't leave the shire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, As someone to grow up in the Shire, I can attest that they.
Speaker 3: Have staunch, staunch Shire people and a staunch Canola Sharks supported.
Speaker 2: So I love and I still love going down there.
Speaker 3: There's coffee shops I go to that are still keeping contact with a lot of people there. Look Dragons was there's a quick little stopover. That was a funny, funny period of my life just with the COVID. You didn't know what was going on, and then yeah, they've got the It was funny how I found out about how's come to many. It's just a It was like, literally, we're having dinner one night getting ready for a game. I think it was two or three nights before a game we're going to play. We're having dinner a cold release club and Hook and Benny Harron, the football manager, kept looking at me and I was going to commentate the game after that, and I end up bringing my manager.
Speaker 2: And just asked him some details about Mitch Moses.
Speaker 3: He just resigned with that when he signed out months to deal Paramatta and I was like, oh, I may just is Mitch done blah blah?
Speaker 2: And I go, yeah, what about the news And.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh yeah, Mitch play happy for him, five year deal pump made. I'm so staked he's got a done daft to talk about it anymore. Heau no, no, no, the other years and I was like, what's the other news and he goes, oh, I think what they want to do at the club is they want to swap you for these two other players at Mailing and I was like really, I said, I had no idea, and I said it was funny because I've seen hook and Ben Harron kept looking at me.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure if that was it.
Speaker 3: And then a couple of days later when I was at it man for the game for Dragons at Carnal and they literally next hour was at Mailing.
Speaker 1: That's great, ill Bora to the Northern Beaches in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I did. I did. It's a quick drive for merely which does help.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, oh god, things changed so quickly in rugby league. When you were that seventeen year old it first kind of entered that tiger system. Could you have predicted that your career would have kind of you would have got ended up at so many clubs?
Speaker 2: No idea? Yeah, no, umbre, don't. I don't really like that, if you ask my wife. I hate change do the same things all the time. It was a tough period.
Speaker 3: I went to the Bulldogs because obviously some things happened outside and just yeah, it was wasn't what I was used to. Really struggled, And then obviously going to CANW I was like, well, you know, we're trying to make a fist if it will stay here as long as possible, and that's probably I enjoyed it so much. So yeah, look, I would have thought, look, I would have been happy won in an old game, but they played so many games and for so many clubs, I'm pretty happy.
Speaker 2: Let's just say the New Days were pretty fun and got five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could be on the on boards of all five clubs. Oh that's the best. I want to finish off on three questions. The proudest moment of your career.
Speaker 3: Proudest moment I reckon just playing first grade for the West Tigers. Like I was one of those kids that was in the system. I remember they would always have games at like had Oval wasn't first grade games like that have Jersey flag reserve grade games. And this is before the twenties come into the play. I'd always just walk up there. I lived in nort Street, Like I'd always just got to watch sometimes. What wouldn't be the West Tigers, would be other clubs, you know, Camber. I remember watching Terry Kempezi a fair bit. He played a lot of reserve grade for one year, and you just see players come through the system and to finally I remember when I played reserve grade, sorry twenties.
Speaker 2: At the time I thought I had was this.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm one of these players that these people watch and next you know, to get that to get that run on against the Bulldogs in that last twenty minutes, like all my family and friends were there. It was just crazy. I sort of like, you know, I wouldn't be more proud of this moment. Is just making my ownerial debut.
Speaker 1: That's lovely. Any regrets or anything you would change do differently?
Speaker 3: Look, you always say leaving Tigers definitely, But then what's so good about my I've got a story to tell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and luck you said you learned that's a business.
Speaker 3: Does it's as much as you love it, Like, not not saying that club in particular, but when you go on world, clubs want to keep you. But when you don't, you've seen other clubs they're trying to move different players on.
Speaker 2: So and that's that's the scary thing about right Believe you never know who's coming or who's going.
Speaker 3: So you know, for me, probably the biggest regret i'd have to be leaving West Tigers in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: But I suppose you don't leave West Tigers. You don't get to experience the Sharks, you don't potentially don't end up at Manly.
Speaker 3: Oh that and I've got you know, one of my best mates, Scott Chawrenson from the Pandermanthers is one of three goal for four. So the little things that I would never have got to have that interaction with Scotty at Crawle did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rugby league doesn't go to plan, does.
Speaker 2: It ano at all? Don't When you think you know what you're doing, you.
Speaker 1: Can get Well. Final question, what's the best piece of advice you were given throughout your career? Oh?
Speaker 2: One thing is always sensed to say, if you don't ask, you don't know.
Speaker 3: So from that I always asked a thousand questions and a lot of times some coaches took it the wrong way, even when I was a leader or a medium player. Like always, if I was unsure, I'd always ask a question and then they always said, there's no dumb questions, you know, like some players might be able to take it at easier, other players it might take a little bit longer to understand what they've got to do. So he was always the best Tim, and he always encouraged me, like and the only problem with Tim was you asked a question and you think you've got a two minute answer, it's going for half an hour. So I loved him, but jeez, man, you think I could talk underwater, especially about rugby ley You gave a conversation with Tim, but.
Speaker 1: Do your self limit questions to Sheen's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we've got to go to a podcast with Shasi at Triple M one day. And then I was like, mate, our podcast go for forty five minutes. We ain't got two hours to talk with a big far.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Oh well, thank you so much for your time with your congratulations on a truly remarkable career. Time to put your feet up and enjoy retirement.
Speaker 3: Well you mean, I've got three kids at home. This is going to happen now. Thanks for having me, Darcia. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: My pleasure