Speaker 1: On Scars Oscodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panecky Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Paney Show.
Speaker 4: Coming up on tonight's program, the Victorian justice system under renewed scrutiny with manifestly in adequate sentences for violent offenders. Environed Minister Chris Bowen said to attend COP twenty nine with the likes of the Taliban as President Joe Biden and the leaders of a number of European countries hit the Greenee talk Fest, joining me surely to discuss that is Professor Ian Pimer. We also have Patrick Carline and the man who predicted Donald Trump would win every single swing stake, Josh Hammer, joins me shortly, and later in the hour, Doctor Max abrams on Europe's imported extremism problem, and we never forget left.
Speaker 3: He's losing it.
Speaker 5: Being skinny, being in all the things that the patriarchy wants us to be, because clearly they.
Speaker 3: Don't give it about us.
Speaker 6: And I'm talking to you too, those of you leadies who have the internalized misogyny required.
Speaker 3: To do what he did.
Speaker 4: But first, Kevin Rudd's role as Australia's ambassador to the US is looking increasingly untenable, and as is often the case with Kevin, this is entirely self inflicted. Let's listen to just some of what he has had to say about President Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: The United States in the last four years has been run by a village idiots. People have seen China continued continuing to be competent and international state craft and the United States increasingly incompetent and international state craft under Trump.
Speaker 8: But the underpinnings of it was still incoherent because Trump himself was incoherent, and he waxed and wane from being in love with dictators to not knowing what he wanted from dictators.
Speaker 3: And it's not just Kevin Rudd.
Speaker 4: Have a look at what some senior ministers in the Albanese government have had to say over the years. Tanya Plibersek has said that a Trump presidency would be dangerous. Bill Shorten, who was the Labor leader at the time, said Trump was barking mad and was entirely unsuitable to be president, and Anthony Albanzi himself has said that Trump scares the shi t out of him. Joining me now for more on This is News Corps Senior writer and columnist Patrick Carly and Patrick. The Trump derangement syndrome is certainly evident in the Australian media. Sadly we expect to see that, but it's damaging for the country when it's apparent in the Albanese government. This is the leader of the free world we're talking about.
Speaker 9: Well, that's right, and it's such a distraction. That's just another distraction for Anthony Alberanisi. I'd go back to twenty twenty two. Kevin rather had made those comments. There might be more comments, It might get worse for all we know. While was he appointed to a US ambassador at that point in the knowledge Donald Trump is going to have a really big crack of being president again. And once he's there, it sort of makes it untenable, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kevin Rudd represents our national interest.
Speaker 9: How can he prosecute that when he's been so so critical of the bo running America and.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump cares about that. He's not the sort of person to forgive and forget. The only chance Kevin Rudd has of remaining in that role and actually serving Australia's interests is to apologize, to apologize profusely, and to do it publicly. He needs to have a bit of humility and do that for the greater good, do that for the country.
Speaker 3: If he wants to serve that.
Speaker 4: Role, just simply deleting his tweets and deleting posts is made?
Speaker 3: Are we kidding?
Speaker 2: Rather? Unedifying? Was made? It all go away, didn't it?
Speaker 9: But as I said, look as a journalist, So I'm cure are there more sort of outpourings of Kevin Rudd's true opinion?
Speaker 4: No doubt he loves nothing more than to pontificate and what he needs to do.
Speaker 3: Now is to grovel. It's the time is to grovel.
Speaker 4: To get the forgiveness and then perhaps you can serve that role and actually serve Australia's interests. Now to New South Wales and the Police Association there has negotiated a landmark pay deal for police officers, delivering pay increases of between twenty two and almost forty percent thirty nine point four percent across the entire force, resulting in some offices earning up to forty seven thousand dollars extra a year. The wage agreement averages out to a nineteen percent increase over four years. How can New South Wales afford this. I'm not saying the police officers don't deserve this, but we know Victoria police officer one more money every state force would and this is a significant jump.
Speaker 2: It's massive money, isn't it.
Speaker 9: And look, I think it puts the pressure on Victoria and the other police forces to actually try and match it. And we're talking during your time of high inflation. These are massive numbers. Now what I would like to see, I mean, I respect what police officers do. They risk their lives sometimes on a daily basis. I'd like to see maybe those frontline officers being rewarded handsomely because police departments are bureaucracies, but we need the officers on the front line where every state is always talking about we need more officers on the ground. Why aren't there the massive pay increases for those officers.
Speaker 3: And forget about the bureaucracy.
Speaker 4: Perhaps cut back because the bureaucracy is growing at a speed that I think is not sustainable or even desirable. Now to the ironically named Victorian justice system, the questions have been raised over how killer Henry Hammond was able to obtain taxpayer funded lawyers and legal help from taxpayer funded legal aid to bring a suppression bid before the Supreme Court to ban media outlets from reporting information about him and what he's doing in the future. Victims Grieving father John Heron had this to say.
Speaker 3: He said, I feel like the.
Speaker 4: Rest of the Victorian community would feel this is an outrage that this is occurring. To use a taxpayer to fund that, you've got legal aid facilitating a killer's suppression application with complete disregard to the victims. He has an excellent point there, and this is a reoccurring event with a Victorian justice system.
Speaker 3: Every single week.
Speaker 4: There's just multiple cases where you look at the details and wander, how could this happen?
Speaker 9: What sort of got to the point? Hasn't it where the defendants right trump the victims right? I mean I've never heard I've never met a defendant who wanted the public to hear about their alleged crimes. Of course, in his new age in enlightenment, if you like, they'll play the mental health card, they'll play the depression card, and it does come at the cost of poor people like John Heron, who makes a very good point. I mean, these suppression orders, I'm aware of cases that we can't talk about that are hugely in the public interests that just cannot be discussed at the moment.
Speaker 3: Were Victoria is the suppression capital.
Speaker 2: It is, and it has swung way too far.
Speaker 4: And when you read about this case, you can kind of understand why the killer perhaps doesn't want his activities reported on because from what I understand, he was expected to be in a mental health facility for twenty to twenty plus years and just after a few short years he's spotted at a restaurant. So I don't know if he's receiving day release or what the situation is there, but I think the community is right to be questioning what is happening. And this is another example of how broken the legal system is in Victoria. Twenty four year old Ja jng Lin, a Chinese national studying in Australia, received a sentence of just a nine year minimum for robbing and killing to women to sex workers. He was originally charged with two counts of murder that was reduced to manslaughter after he accepted a plea deal. Last JULYA Patrick, we talk a lot about violence against women. Where are the activists? Where are the activists about these manifestly inadequate sentences.
Speaker 3: About these selft judges.
Speaker 4: I see them more energized about greater Western Sydney getting up to risk ay skits on their mad Monday or wacky Wednesday than.
Speaker 3: They do about this.
Speaker 4: This is two women's lives, and from what I understand, they were murdered so they could be robbed.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: Both killings were unprovoked. He stole from them, he showed no remorse, and the judge said all that in the sentence and then gave him seven years or nine years. And it does if you've got sources talking to this saying are some victims laws worth more than other victim's laws? And it's a very fair question given this sentence is dreadful.
Speaker 4: Talking about less than five years per life taken.
Speaker 2: And that's a public safety issue too. I mean, this bloke's going to be out.
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully it'll be deported, but yeah, and then we're the women of China will have to deal with him.
Speaker 3: Patrick Carlin, thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 4: Thanks very Joining me now is leading geologist and author professor Ian Plymer, Professor, Let's talk about Donald Trump. What does a second Trump term with a focus on energy security and drill Baby, Drill, mean for Australia, Well, it means.
Speaker 10: The American economy will boom and if Australia doesn't follow suit.
Speaker 11: We're going to be lagging behind.
Speaker 10: Plenty of gas, we have plenty of coal, We've got plenty of uranium. We just have to wake up to ourselves and use the energy which this country has.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 10: America has a huge amount of coal, a huge amount of oil, a huge amount of gas, and they're in a drill and they're going to use it and they're going to knock down in place.
Speaker 11: They're going to strengthen the country. And trumped it before, he'll do it again.
Speaker 4: Can Australia just it's a mission targets to remain competitive with America. Is Cris Bowen capable of changing course? He had this to say to The Guardian just a few days ago. He said, report after report, temperature records tumbling, Natural disasters increasingly unnatural. That's why we keep going. That's what drives me. It gets me out of bed every day. So perhaps alarmed is the wrong word. Disturbed maybe, but you know, not surprised. He sounds like a climate catash strophist.
Speaker 3: Professor. I don't think he's capable of changing course.
Speaker 10: Well, I think he should stay in bed, and when he's in bed, he should read a.
Speaker 11: Little bit about the history of the planet. So we've had great cycles of cooling and warming.
Speaker 10: He should stay in bed, read something about the history of the planet, and then he might learn that he's absolutely totally on the completely wrong path.
Speaker 11: Now, if he goes down.
Speaker 12: The next zero path, what we're going to do is to make ourselves totally and absolutely uncompetitive with the US because our energy costs are just so high that we won't be able to compete.
Speaker 11: So if he wants to send this company bankrupt, then probably the best thing to do is to stay in bed and go back to sleep and do nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, we know he's going to be at COP twenty nine at the climate conference.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 4: Let's have a look at the guest list. President Joe Biden, he's not going to be there. Representatives are from the European Union. There's quite a few of them skipping the event. But Chris Bowen will be there, we're told, Matt Kean will be there, and Taliban will be there, the terrorist organization the Taliban will be there to pontificate about climate change and renewable energy.
Speaker 3: What can we expect from COP twenty nine.
Speaker 11: And what group the misfits. Trump has changed the whole surface of the planet in the way we look at energy.
Speaker 10: He's changed everything, and this time it will stick because the administration after him will inherit a very very strong US. So I think it's an appalling waste of Australia's money to send people over there. The only concession would be if we give them a one way ticket.
Speaker 4: That I'm all for. I'm happy to do a GoFundMe on that. Today Donald Trump is Appointedly Zeblin to lead the Environmental Detection Agency over there the EPA. In a statement of the New York Posts, Edeland said, I'm deeply honored to have been asked by President Trump to serve in his cabinet. As EPA administrator, we will restore American energy dominance, revitalize our auto industry to bring back American jobs, and slash the red tape holding back American workers from upward economic mobility. The Trump administration in is likely to roll back a whole host of green schemes imposed by the Biden administration. We've already seen the share market surge after Trump's emphatic win. It looks like it's going to be a time of economic prosperity in the US.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly does.
Speaker 11: And their problems in the US are very similar to the ones.
Speaker 2: We have here.
Speaker 11: We have an army of bureaucrats who are.
Speaker 10: Stopping productivity, and this productivity long gems the whole economy. And a lot of that loss of productivity is the red tape, the Green tape, the black tape, and also some of the blue tape from.
Speaker 11: The UN and that stops us being a productive country.
Speaker 14: Now, the EPA is one of the biggest killers of productivity in this country.
Speaker 10: We have been going down in productivity in this country. We are using resources and not replacing.
Speaker 11: Them because of some of our environmental activists. Trump has realized.
Speaker 14: That it's about time people in this country realized that there is a balance between the environment and between a vibrant economy. Now blind fready can see that flattening rainforests, killing off.
Speaker 10: All wonderful good pastoral land, killing off agricultural land to put in solar complexes and wind complexes is not environmental. We are killing Australian animals, we are killing indigenous vegetation, We are wiping out huge amounts of land which farmers and miners and foresters wouldn't be allowed to do. So there has to be a we have to bring it to the point where we can have jobs, where we can have production, where we can have cheap electricity, and where we are not destroying the environment. And that's what our environmental movement he was doing. We are destroying the environment.
Speaker 4: Let's hope sanity prevails, Professor im Plyma, thank you.
Speaker 3: For your time this evening. Joining me now is Newsweek's senior.
Speaker 4: Editor at Large and Article three Projects Senior Council Josh Hammer. Josh Joe Biden will be hosting President elect Donald Trump on Wednesday. The man he called a fascist, a white supremacist, a threat to democracy.
Speaker 3: How's that meeting going to go?
Speaker 15: You know, Rita.
Speaker 16: If half the people that have been calling Donald Trump a Hitler, a fascist, a unique historical threat to American democracy or constitutional order, if half these people took themselves seriously, they would have already bought plane tickets out of the country.
Speaker 15: I mean, either the man is Hitler, either he is a Nazi, or he is not.
Speaker 16: If you believe what you've been saying, even to the slightest degree you would have been seeking asylum. You'd have been trying to fleet at Canada. The bare minimum, the longest border in the world, the US Canadian border. I mean, these people just cannot be They cannot be taken seriously. I mean Joe Biden, when you know his meeting with Donald Trump, I mean, Joe Biden has been saying that Donald Trump is hitler.
Speaker 15: So is Kamala Harris there.
Speaker 16: But Joe Biden, as we just saw in that clip, is also not a particularly well mad and he cannot finish it cohere in sentence at this point there. So at this point, I'm just hoping that this meeting somehow goes off where they can actually physically communicate to another. I mean, that is actually the barest of bare minimums, is that he can actually complete sentences in the English language and they can have a conversation. Now, the good thing about Donald Trump, as you know, is that Donald Trump has been president before. He literally has already done this for four years. So he probably doesn't need the whole tutorial, the whole learning curve. He's been there, done that. He is sat at the resolute desk. He has been there, but for so Look, I mean, this transition period is off to a blistering star of the nominees, the personnel were being named on the day and day about there. It's basically going to be an all out sprint at this point until January twenty or twenty twenty five, when Donald Trump, god willing finally takes power and Joe Biden has seen the ashtube of history.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you make of the theory that Joe Biden got his revenge on the Obama Pelosi led coup against him by endorsing Kamala Harris, a candidate they didn't want, a candidate that BARACKO Obama didn't want.
Speaker 3: Did Joe know that she had no chance of winning?
Speaker 4: And by endorsing her he kind of forced everybody else's hand.
Speaker 16: You know, I don't think that Joe Biden knows what he's doing. I mean, not to put too fine a point on it, but I genuinely do not think that he is fully in control of either his physical or his mental faculties at this point here. I mean, anything that Joe Biden does, I guess what I'm saying is it's not actually coming from Joe Biden. It's coming from quote unquote doctor Joe Biden is coming. It's coming from people around him.
Speaker 15: There.
Speaker 16: Joe Biden is not calling the shots at this particular point there. I mean the funniest thing to me that I have seen since last Tuesday's election. There is a lot of funny stuff out there. I mean the view the left wing media, they're having conniption fits. Sonny Hosts on the View is routinely just saying that the only reason Kamala Harris lost because of rampant, ubiquitous sexism and massagying in America. I mean, way to actually miss what's happening right under your nose. But one of the funniest things of this post election fall out to me is the way that the Biden camp and the Harris camp just continue to snipe at each other as if they are the problem. Let me be very clear in my opinion, Joe Biden is not the reason the Democrats lost. Kamala Harris is not the reason the Democrats lost. The reason the Democrats loss is the Democrats is for the actual stances they have taken, for the actual completely radical, out of touch nature of the various positions they have taken when it comes to gender to race, the immigration, to culture, to economics, the foreign polsitive, you name it. They are completely out of touch with the Median American. And unless then tell they actually have the introspective moment where they look in the mirror and they actually realize that Unless until that happens, I have the Republicans are well set to continue winning well into the future.
Speaker 4: At this point, Well, that analysis has been just so completely divorced from reality. If they don't actually figure it out, we're going to see a dynasty of Republicans in the White House because they seem to be doubling down the Democrats on the craziness, the identity politics, the victimhood, all the dogmas that have really crippled them as a party and alienated them from so much of their supporter base.
Speaker 3: I want to play you a.
Speaker 4: Clip from Megan Kelly, a woman who has had clashes with Donald Trump in the past, but she was a very strong supporter for him in twenty twenty four, and here she explains why the Democrats and the miserable cat lady ideology lost.
Speaker 13: Standing up for female empowerment, which I've done my entire life, does not require me to such all over American men. I'm sorry, but this is why I never called myself a feminist to begin with, because I knew, I knew what you left a spot of feminism. It meant abortion and crapping on men. And most of us women over on the side of the normies.
Speaker 3: Don't want that.
Speaker 13: We love our husband, we love our boys, our sons, our dads, our brothers, our male friends and colleagues, and we are not ready to consider this a zero sum game where we must advance at their expense. Until you get that through your thick head, you'll keep losing.
Speaker 3: God, I love her. She makes some excellent points there. The Democrats would do well.
Speaker 4: To listen to the likes of Meg and Kelly instead of the Lady of the view all the and miss NBAC crises, because if they actually listen to that, they could address it and be competitive next time.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Rita, they could, but they will choose not to do so, and I think that they have a very concerted reason why they are choosing not to use it. I mean, look, one of two things has to be true when it comes to this post mortem analysis. And if you can even call that that, Democrats are very publicly engaging in on the one hand, they're actually really stupid. I mean, like, one possibility is that they're genuinely operating at a low IQ level. I don't actually believe that to be the case. I genuinely actually do not think that is true. So that raises the alternative possibility as to what actually is going on here.
Speaker 15: And when I was discussing with some others here earlier.
Speaker 16: Today, I'm actually on the road to speak to some college and law school students.
Speaker 15: So what I was discussing earlier to say, what.
Speaker 16: Some college students that I'm speaking to is what I think is happening. The Democrats has to become so convinced over the course of fifteen twenty thirty years, especially since Barack Obama two, they become so convinced of their own moral and ethical and indeed intellectual superiority. They are so convinced that they are actually better than the rest of America flyover country, the people who live closer to a river valley in America rather than the two coasts, and people like that. They think that their values are better, They think that their way of life is better. Their approach to everything from religion to economics, to transgender to immigration to race. They are so convinced that they are superior that therefore, the only possible explanation as to how the political party that ostensibly embodies and exudes this great virtuous movement, the only reason why could possibly lose under this ridiculous analysis is that half the country is actually racist.
Speaker 15: Sex is big at homophobe. That is actually I think.
Speaker 16: What you're seeing out there, Magan Kelly is obviously spot on. She's one of our most astute observers of the American political scene today. She's actually giving a very free bit of advice here to a political party that is not her own. They will be very wise to take it, but they're probably not going.
Speaker 10: To do so.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I think you've been too quick to discount the low IQ explanation. I think that may be at play as well. You wrote a fantastic piece about the end of obama Ism. It's hard to say for Newsweek that piece is being shared widely. The American people have definitely rejected that agenda. They're backing Trump's mega movement. What will be the impact on Barack Obama's legacy here and what do you see not just for the next four years of Trump's second term.
Speaker 3: But beyond that, you know, this is.
Speaker 16: One of the most important questions that I don't think we know the answers to you. And in fact, my father in law just asking this question the other day and they wasn't sure how to answer him either. Look, if Democrats are actually going to be intellectually honest, that they're actually going to a with the correct conclusions as to what went so catastrophically wrong in this particular election cycle, then they're going to realize that the Barack Obama coalition is over. That the one time coalition of the Assentence, as was commonly referred to, has actually now descended into utter ruination and decay and decline, and it's just totally in completely collapsed. And this is a coalition that was formed based on all the intersexual constituent parts of America. You had blackens and Hispanics and immigrants and young people and this and that, and it's all done. I mean, Donald Trump has shattered that coalition. So it logically follows that Democrats are actually going to soberly realize that that the guy who put his entire legacy on the line yet again in Barack Obama, which he did this cycle, he spoke with the DNC in Chicago, he was all over the campaign trail for Kamala Harrison, Tim Wallas in those final moments, he really put his entire two term legacy on the line for this miserable, awful ticket, and he lost big time. So if you combine the fact that the ticket actually lost and then Barack Obama's signature coalition loss, he should be gone. I mean, he should be out of public light. He should be relegated to Martha's vineyard, go host some fancy cocktail parties for your elite crowd whatever there.
Speaker 15: That is what should happen.
Speaker 16: But again, to circle back to what we're saying a few minutes ago, I don't think that's going to happen because I don't think that they're actually going to arrive at any of the correct conclusions. So I seriously think, rita that four years from now, in twenty twenty eight, when JD. Vance will probably be elected the next president of the United States, I think four years from now, in twenty twenty eight, Democrats are just going to run this same playbook all over again. I don't think it's actually going to work any better. Four years from now than it did this like, and we're.
Speaker 4: Going to have the same posters telling us how close it is, and they'll be terribly wrong again because they are sampling the wrong people. You've been busy this Wegg. You've written about six paces. I don't know where you find the time to sleep. But one of those pieces was for the New York Post about what Trump hopes to achieve in his first high hundred days in office for his second term. We know he's all about America first, that's the agenda, But what do you expect to say in terms of the war in Ukraine and the war between Hamas and Israel.
Speaker 16: Well, from foreign policy respective, I think Donald Trump is going to prioritize finding an off bremp for both Blaimir Lensky and Vlamir Putin when it comes to the Russi Ukraine world. Look, he has sent in the past that he is going to get this deal done in one day. I'm not entirely sure that that is going to happen, but I think it actually is going to happen sooner rather than later. The difference between Donald Trump and Western leaders real large when it comes to the Rushi Ukraine conflict. Is that Donald Trump is a businessman, understands a certain thing called a leverage, and he understands that when you incentivize Vlaimir Lensky and you communicate to him that the entire West is going to arm Ukraine to the brink unless until they recover every single square inch of territory, that's not exactly sending the right incentives to wind down this conflict.
Speaker 15: But Donald Trump is a pragmatist, are reveal us.
Speaker 16: I think he's going to find a way to get an end to this conflict sooner rather than later, probably in the first one hundred to two hundred days at the absolute most, possibly even sooner than that when it comes to an off ramp that can be ultimately taken back to be politically palatable for both Putin ands lens When it comes to the conflict in Israel, I think Donald Trump is basically just going to tell Bibi Natanyahu do what has to be done to wrap this thing up sooner rather than later. When it comes to both Hamas and Gaza, as well as Hasbala and Lebanon, the Iranian piece, the puzzle is a little bit more complicated. Of course, that's not going to happen overnight there. But all indications that I've seen thus far are that Donald Trump is going to put back into place all of the maximum pressure campaign tactics that he had against the Iranian regime the first time, including the sanctions on oil exports. Really, it's the lapse of those sanctions that the Bien harris manstrration has put into place that have funded the regime that have led them to sow the seeds of Jihada's chaos throughout the region these past four years. I think we're going to see a very similar iron policy that Donald Trump had the first time around, and that was a very good policy, so I hope it to be the case as well.
Speaker 4: Now, before you go, I mentioned at the top of the show that you predicted Donald Trump would win every single swing state. I don't think anybody else was that confident about that, and you said it was not going to be close. Ignore the polls, it was going to be a landslide. You were right about that, and he'd been saying it for some time. So the question is why were the Polsters, the overwhelming majority of them, so wrong? How do they keep getting it wrong? How do are they not losing all credibility. We had one polster suggests that Iowa was up for grabs for the Democrats and Trump ended up winning it by thirteen fourteen percent.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And by the way, that polster in Iowa, her name is Anne Seltzer. She's the chief polster for the Des Moines Register, of the biggest newspaper in Iowa. You know, she's considered actually to be the gold standard of Iowa pulsters. In fact, in the first in the nation Iowa Caucuses, it's the final end Seltzer poll that traditionally has been loooked to as an actual projection. So you know, even the posters here in America that are considered to be the best of the best. The point that I'm making have been just totally watching the Trump phenomenon frankly since the get go, and I actually think read and the reason that I was able to predict, I think the fact that Donald Trump would sweep all seven of the swing states across the sun Belt in the Gray Lakes area. The reason it's fairly simple and its structural and methodological is that the polsters bus Bar have still not found a way to tap into the low propensity Trump port.
Speaker 3: Josh Hamma, thanks for your time this evening, and coming.
Speaker 4: Up next, it's time for your favorite segment, Lefty's Losing It.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. Now it's time for Lefty's Losing It.
Speaker 4: The post election analysis is underway and we've talked about Republicans being blessed with some of the dumbest political opponents on God's Green Earth, and this next Lefty is no exception. Here is Vanity Fair and MSNBC's Molly John Fast blaming not just misogyny, but institutional misogyny and sexy images for Kamala's downfall.
Speaker 17: He leaned into a lot of the institutionalized misogyny as a way to try to neutralize her effectiveness. So she super effective speaker, really galvanized voters in a really important way. And what the Trump campaign did, and I think ultimately they were able to, was they flooded the Internet with over sexualized images of her. They spread lies about her romantic history.
Speaker 4: That is so completely divorced from reality it's unintentionally funny. Did she actually claim that Kamala is a really effective speaker? The word salad queen who can't utter a coherent sentence to save herself. But Molly wasn't done yet. Listen to this bit of batpoop crazy analysis where she claims that Kamala's own campaign, which was hyper focused on securing the female vote, was actually anti women.
Speaker 17: And you'll remember it. She ran this brose campaign, right, a campaign that was largely sort of anti woman in a way.
Speaker 4: Look, it's only a matter of time before Molly joins the other crazy cat ladies and cuts her hair on camera to protest Trump and democracy a.
Speaker 6: Given up in America, have also given up. I'm coloring this hair because great coloring my hair, having my hair belong.
Speaker 5: I'm luxurious that being skinny, being hot, in all the things that the patriarchy wants us to be, because clearly they don't.
Speaker 3: Give it about us.
Speaker 6: And I'm talking to you too, those of you ladies who have the internalized misogyny required to do what he did the minorities.
Speaker 5: We're so scared of a woman in power that you'd rather cause you up to the weight man, just in case some crumbs fall off his plate so that you may eat from them. Yes, Rahaps, I don't know how to work this thing, man, I'm aware.
Speaker 4: Put to one side the dementedness there the racism, the bold face racism against minorities who voted for Trump. And Marvel are just how hopeless this woman is.
Speaker 3: She can't even work a clipper.
Speaker 4: A literal monkey could work clippers. They're not hard to work out. Let's take a little trip down memory lane to just a few weeks ago, when supposed sensible lefty Bill ma had convinced himself that Kamala was going to win and win comfortably.
Speaker 3: This is aged like a glass of milk.
Speaker 1: Am I going to worry about it? First of all, I'm not going to worry about it, Phil, because he's not going to win. First of all, She's definitely going to win the popular vote, as Democrats almost always do.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 1: But I think you will win.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, how wrong can you be? Bill? You want to pretend you're.
Speaker 4: The critical thinker, the leftist who isn't protected from reality, but your Trump arrangement syndrome has you uttering absurdities like this. I hope doctor Phil stepped in with a prescription after this rant about Trump's supporters.
Speaker 1: His followers, I think, well, I don't think their heart will really be in it as it was in twenty twenty. Some of them. There's lots of people who will always be in the bunker with Missus Goebels taking the poison and giving the poison to the children, because it's better than living in a world without national socialism.
Speaker 4: Doctor Phil's face says it all.
Speaker 3: This dude is beyond hell.
Speaker 4: Bill Maher may occasionally say something sensible, essentially copying what conservatives have said for years, what we've said when it actually mattered, but in the end he's just another lefty losing it like this dude on sea and having a full blown tantrum because a conservative on the panel, Shamichael Singleton, actually used accurate language to describe boys as boys.
Speaker 16: A lot of families out there who don't believe boys should play girls sports.
Speaker 18: They're not boys. I'm not going to listen to trans.
Speaker 15: An trans girl boy.
Speaker 11: Finish when you use.
Speaker 8: It changed.
Speaker 15: They're not just boys, they're girls.
Speaker 19: I'm not gonna sit there listen a second, because look, this is a really heated issue, right and Sha Michael, I know you, I know that you understand that people have different views on this. I think, out of respect for Jay, like, let's try to talk about this in a way that is respectful.
Speaker 4: No shame on the host there for siding with the fringe dwelling, hysterical clown and trying to pull the completely accurate and reasonable language of a man who was making the pertinent point that most normal people don't want boys in girl sports. But the white dude for Kamala, well, his tantrum was not over.
Speaker 15: Yet regular people interpret it.
Speaker 20: That's not that's not regular people. There's no consensus that these are actually boys. This whole thing about trans girls is a canard. It's we're talking about a tiny, tiny sliver of the population using rhetoric like you just use saying this is boys playing girl sports, talking about trans girls playing playing being allowed to play with the people who are in their gender. And if we don't believe, you don't have to listen to me, listen to the American Medical Association, the American Psychological.
Speaker 4: You can see why Donald Trump won in a landslide. And here is John Stewart with a message to the polsters who protected the left from the truth, from the reality that they're the minority.
Speaker 1: Send a quick message to all the pollsters, the election posters.
Speaker 2: Me, I don't.
Speaker 1: Ever want to from you again.
Speaker 13: Ever.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to hear.
Speaker 17: We've corrected videover connection you don't know about.
Speaker 3: And I don't care for you.
Speaker 4: Still to come shopping scenes out of Amsterdam as extremists continue to riot.
Speaker 3: Security expert Max Abrams joins me next. Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Joining me now is international security expert, author, and Associate professor of political science at Northeastern University, doctor Max Abrams. Max WI will delve in to what the second Trump term means for the international community, particularly the Middle East.
Speaker 3: But first of the.
Speaker 4: Shocking scenes out of Amsterdam and the violence that saw Jewish soccer fans targeted, Chase beaten. The unrest continues with writers setting a tram on fire, throwing stones, fireworks. It's pretty clear Europe has an extremism problem. Much of it has been imported, and Max, as you have noted, border security is national security.
Speaker 18: Personally, this story very much jove tales with the Trump administration's agenda where they ran very strongly against Biden's hoping order policy. And it's going to be a problem until the national authorities crack down on these migrants and seal up the borders. There's no question.
Speaker 4: And you talk about the global into Vada, and it's not just in Amsterdam, where we're seeing these scenes. In Germany, Jewish youngsters in a youth football team have been put under police protection after an attack by pro Palestinian mob armed with sticks and knives during a match in Berlin.
Speaker 3: The Telegraph reports.
Speaker 4: The teenagers from the Maccabi Berlin youth side say they were hunted down by a gang of Arab youths after a game against local rivals last week. The game was played in a neighborhood known for its large Arab and Turkish population. The situation is so grim across much of Europe max that Israeli authorities have put out a guide of high risk countries assessing the risk of online anti Semitism and physical attacks. You can see there shamefully, we've got countries like Germany, France, the UK who have high or very high risk of physical and online attacks.
Speaker 18: The crazy thing about this international Palestine movement is it really got galvanized by the October seventh, twenty twenty three attack. So it's not as if a peace process had fallen apart, and you know, Muslims all over the world got upset that there couldn't be a two state solution. Hamas went on a terrorist rempage. That is the second most lethal terrorist attack in modern history anywhere in the world. And ever since then, we've seen these antifaudas erupt all over the place, including frankly inside the United States and Canada. There have been problems in Australia, but Europe seems to be particularly radicalized, and I do think a big part of that has to do with these weak quarters and the fact that these migrants go in and out there's no accountability. And the radicalization problem I want to emphasize is not just directed against Jews. It's directed against Western civilization, if you will. They attacked the cops, they attacked public transportation in that country. So make no mistake, these perpetrators are a danger broadly to the state, to the Jews, to anyone really who lives there.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: To the US election, it was an emphatic landslide victory for Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: It's going to change not.
Speaker 4: Only America this election, but change the Middle East. How nervous would Iran's Islamis regime be?
Speaker 18: Right now, Max, There's no question that Kamala Harris was seen as a pro Iran candidate, and Trump, of course is the opposite. The last time he was president, he opposed and managed to topple the so called Iran nuclear Deal, which was flawed in all sorts of ways, and he did this by applying maximum sanctions against Tran taking out the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard. Course, so the world of there was a lot of acrimony between the Trump administration and the Iranian leadership, which reportedly has been targeting Trump as well as his advisors. Most recently, Trump has said to Israel that it gives Israel the green light to attack Iranian nuclear facilities. And that's different than the Kamala Harris campaign, which certainly wouldn't entertain that idea. I also want to point out though that this that this presidency is really emphasizing peace through strength, and the idea is that the United States is not going to be running around the world, you know, hyperactive in its use of military force. So the you know, MAGA, the MAGA movement really sees itself as quite different than the so called neo coms. And so even though Trump is you know, very much opposed to the Iranian regime and they have a history of acrimony, it doesn't mean that he's going to be cavalier in terms of opening up new wars. I think that he may already be onto something because you'll recall that Israel, you know, as retaliation for the October one ballistic missile attack, struck Iranian military targets on October twenty six, and ever since then, we've been expecting Iran to reply militarily against Israel. And this was particularly the case after the election, and yet Donald Trump has won and we haven't heard that much. I mean, this could change at any minute. I don't know, but so far, it does seem plausible that Iran has been put alert and that's the reason why it's acting with more restraint and hasn't attacked Israel because although the presidential transition hasn't happened, Iran well knows that Trump is going to be the president in a couple months, and so it really needs to be careful. And I think that that's really the best solution, where Trump essentially, you know, scares the Iranian regime. Military force is not necessarily needed, and it just sort of makes Iran much more cautious in terms of how it uses military sporce as well as how it arms its terrorist proxies.
Speaker 4: That would be an incredible feat if he's already having that impact not even been sworn in for his second term, Because my fear was that in this period where we've got a weak lane duck administration, that the Iranians were going to act in this little.
Speaker 3: Window of time that they've got.
Speaker 4: The Trump transition team has been working hard, the reports, They've been working hard for months preparing for this second term. And among the very first selections that President Elect Donald Trump has made is naming New York Congresswoman Elise Stephanick to be the Ambassador to the UN, a critically important role.
Speaker 3: Max. Do you believe she's up to this task?
Speaker 18: You know, it's ironic because Trump was accused all the time of being some kind of misogynist, you know, who hates women, and his first major appointments have been for women, his chief of staff as well as now the ambassador to the UN. I do think it's a good selection. This woman is very credentialed. She's a senior Republican in Congress in a New York district, and she really became famous on the national stage by essentially humiliating the presidents of some of the best universities in the world, even got the president of the University of Pennsylvania, my alma mater, to step down or to get fired. She was very much a leader against the global antifata, anti Semitism coach campuses, and I think that that indicated that she will serve that sort of role in the UN, where one of the major votes that the ambassador, the US Ambassador to the UN does is it blocks all sorts of countries from teaming up against Israel. At the same time, she's known very much as part of this America First right, part of the MAGA movement, and I think that that goes very well with the Trump administration. And so you know, Trump and his subordinates, they frankly a very little respect for the UN. In a way, it's the exact opposite of America First. And so I think that this appointment in the UN are going to be at loggerheads the entire time.
Speaker 4: Doctor Max Ibrams, thank you so much for your time, my pleasure. That's it from me. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Up next is Newsnight.