Speaker 1: Today we're recording on Gadigul country and we'd like.
Speaker 2: To pay our respects to the traditional custodians of the gat Girl people.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I know you're going to dig this. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something.
Speaker 1: You've got layers, Yeah, I've got layers. I was just thinking, I'm like, we're just such beautiful storytellers.
Speaker 2: You make a lot of sense to that. Girl. No, I'm done here.
Speaker 1: Let's be in too honest to go. Okay, okay, we were literally just talking about you going to Europe and you want to be in the best every year.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yes, I want.
Speaker 1: To take it's thirty pushing that like say, like if you were turning twenty nine, Yeah, but do you feel like you would still be this motivated or is it the thirty That's like one thing, it is the thirty.
Speaker 2: It's the I want to enter my thirties and I legit just want to feel like the best version of version of my loom.
Speaker 1: You want to be the best version of your Yeah, of course, because I feel like over the last few years there's been ups and downs in my progress and work.
Speaker 2: You know, mental health comes into that as well, but I feel like going to I've booked a five week holiday to Europe, so oh my god, I just feel like that is going to be like the rebirth of the next decade, the generation.
Speaker 1: What am I doing Emily in Paris? Yes, well, the thing is Maddie euro eurod Well.
Speaker 2: The thing is I'm looking for actually like a slogan for my birthday dinner, which is going to be on the night before my birthday. I'm looking at creating a save the date so I'll send it to and you're obviously both invited. I'm going to do it like a really beautiful birthday.
Speaker 1: Who's both yes on me?
Speaker 2: As in studio guys.
Speaker 1: Now you're meant to like not ignore you, baby, but yeah, but yes, we'll be well Mea and I will be definitely there, amazed.
Speaker 2: I want to do like a really beautiful, like long table dinner with like all my friends, and I want it to be at this place called Olympus in Redfern. So you can't book until like two weeks out. They're really like strict, So I'm hoping I'm going to do a backup booking somewhere and then I'm going to like hope that they can give me like the table of twenty people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and then the next day I fly to Europe.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have the long lunch and then you fly literally what the next day, next night, So.
Speaker 2: I have my birthday day in Sydney and then I'm flying to Europe at eight thirty pm on the Monday the twenty six So like I'm in the air for my birthday night.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's kind of cool, like you could have a wine baby on the plane, like living it up.
Speaker 2: Totally and these like I booked business suite so it's like sliding doors and shit, I know that's boogie. It's my birthday present to myself.
Speaker 1: Maddie's bougie birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh boogie birthday.
Speaker 1: Birthday. I had what it was Brooks mob party or something. Yeah, it was a mob party, but that was a full same thing, like this is your birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll come up with we'll come up with something. But yeah, So that's sort of like where my mind is at the moment looking forward to that. I've been hyperfixating on that and looking at properties on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: I know, I mean, the contrast is like crazy. I mean that's thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the thing is I actually want my lifestyle to change for my thirties, the decade of my thirties.
Speaker 1: What's this big push? Like, I mean, you've always been really like motivated, but there's this there's this really you know, I feel like there's a shift in you that's like, yeah, I need to get to a certain point in your life, I think. Or is it just like things that you want to have when you turn thirty.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what's happened is that I've always felt like I've been very i would say obedient to what I would say is like the appeal of the industry, and I've always felt like I needed to be in Sydney to get work or be successful. And I think that if I keep on living in that mindset into my thirties, that I'm going to be a slave to my career and I'm not going to have the lifestyle I want. So what I'm doing now is putting myself first and seeing how that you know, manifests my life. So it's like moving to the Gold Coast. I've always like I've wanted to do that.
Speaker 1: Spoken about it, You've mentioned like I'd say, like three Orten times to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I also just like.
Speaker 1: Every time I go to the Gold Coast, I'm moving here. I could move here.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I want to wake up, walk cross the road to the beach. I actually want to get a dog. I love dogs. Like, why wouldn't I live my life with a dog if I absolutely love dogs? You know? So I want to, you know, move to the Gold Coast, live my life across the road from the beach. What I can afford there is like really nice compared to what I can afford in Sydney. It's just about lifestyle.
Speaker 1: It's kind of tempting me. I was like, damn, maybe I want to move.
Speaker 2: It's just like I feel like we have such a short time on the earth, like make the big decisions for the for the rewards, you know.
Speaker 1: So have you been feeling like this for a while in terms of the you know, when you mentioned slave to your career, Like, have you felt like you're just doing the thing but you're not getting much back? Like do you feel like you're just doing it for the sake of doing it and you're not really enjoying it?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I feel like I enjoy everything I do for my career, but I feel like I'm constantly trying to appeal to the industry and do what the industry expects of me. So, for instance, you know, living my life in a way that is open to receiving what the industry will give me in terms of opportunity, and that's always been about centralizing myself here. Yeah, but now I'm like, you know what, I can be really strategic with my work. For instance, I have like a project next year that I'm going to be filming for like three months of the year, and for me, that project will take me out of Sydney anyway. So why wouldn't I essentialize myself in a place that I really love and want to want to be instead of just being here because I think, oh, I'm going to miss out. Yeah, and I'm sick of that feeling of oh I'm going to miss out. It's like you are an hour away on a flight if you really want that opportunity to jump on the plane.
Speaker 1: Well, I can advocate the fact that I, when I was thinking of places to move from Perth because I love that, I sort of did this crazy show and then I was away from it, like I wasn't amongst all the chaos, and I kind of like avoided all of the controversy and all of the stuff that kind of comes with that, which I didn't enjoy. So being in Perth, I was away from it. But then when I was ready to kind of come back into it, you know, I thought, Okay, well, I know I need to be on the East Coast because it's more accessible. I feel like you get more work being on the East Coast. I was deciding whether it was going to be Sydney, Melbourne, or somewhere else. Obviously when I was with David, it was going to be maybe Brisy, but that wasn't something that appealed to me. And I'd been in Melbourne quite a few times because my uncle lives there, and I loved every moment I had in Melbourne. And then Sydney. I had once lived here before, but I was like so young, and I didn't I didn't love the vibe of it, like the general vibe of like going down to my local. It just seems so transactional and to like h superficial. And I felt like in Melbourne, when you go to places, whether it's walking down the street, whether it's a dog park, whether it's like your local cafe. It's very personal and it feels like people don't really care who you are, what you're doing, and where you're going. They're just like they just want to have a yarn with you. And I love that. But in Sydney I never got that. And every time I come here it just feels like a work relationship. It feels like my work girlfriend, Like I come and I go, Like.
Speaker 2: But now it's a bit different.
Speaker 1: It is very different because now I actually have a girlfriend who lives in Sydney. Everyone always says, regardless of Mia being in Sydney, everyone has always said, moved to Sydney, moved to syd and I have stood strong with the fact that I just don't really love it. I don't vibe it. You could sell the beaches to me. I am a coastal girl. But I lived here for two months. Remember in November December last year, I partied and like, what did what you know? I was working on a film, obviously that was my focus, but I just like, I went to the same shot coffee shop every morning, didn't feel a vibe. I walked my dog in different places, didn't feel a vibe. Yeah, it's crazy, so like trust your instincts. Is one know what you like and what you want and what you want to get out of something as well, like whether it's the location, whether it's a career relationship, whatever it is, it's like you need to know that it's going to be good for you, not for anyone else, just for you totally.
Speaker 2: And I've actually it's funny you say not anyone else, because I brought this conversation up to my partner and be open to it.
Speaker 1: But I was to say, like, what is because like in a relationship, like if I just like sprung on me, I've been like babe moving to the Gold Coast, I feel like I would have like a bit of her that would be like yeah, sure, but then she would be like yah, but what of like other things that I've got to do, Like you know, there's like a whole week list totally.
Speaker 2: Well, there's things that need to be sorted out, like yeah, Denny has his own business, so he needs to figure out like what that would look like transporting that cleaning business, you know, and and whether the work would be consistent enough for him to stay on his feet. I also think in a partnership, it doesn't have to be fifty to fifty all the time. You know, if you're going to move and you're the person who really wants it, you can support your partner for a little while while they get on their feet. And that's something that I've offered. I've said, you know, if if you are brave enough to take this step with me and you know, move to the Gold Coast, we can test it out for a year and see how we go. We can always come back, you know. And you know, he has his own business here, so it's like, if you want to move the business, or if you want to do something completely different, we can talk about how I can support you in that way, you know. So I want to be really like reportive of my partner when they're supporting your dreams as well. So it's like, I've never felt like it needs to be fifty to fifty. Ever, I feel like it.
Speaker 1: Feel like it changes.
Speaker 2: It does change. Some days you will only be able to contribute twenty and name have to do the eighty, you know. And I'm I'm finding that as I'm learning, I'm actually reading the book you gave me Eight Rules of Love.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, how are you liking it?
Speaker 2: I'm halfway through. I'm fucking loving it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so glad you finally read it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The first bit for me was like the game changer, like the solitude part.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The krama part for me was was like amazing day, Shetty he slapped Jay Sheddy. Yeah, like I have to tell you this whole story about God to live show. Yeah yeah, And like Brook was, I was supposed to go with Brook. We literally like walked past each other at the airport, gave me the keys to a car, and I took the car and went by myself.
Speaker 1: Because why did I have to go job?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was going down to go to the show with her, and then all of a sudden, she got this last minute cour to go to a job. I had to then go to the thing by myself. But it was like it was that book. I don't know, It's part of my like seventy five hard challenge. I'm just and so it's like read ten pages of the day, but I'm glued. I'm like, tell me more. I'm like I want to know all the fuck.
Speaker 1: And you can picture him like reading it as well, which is so good. Oh, there's a few other books that I will have to give you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be good for your seventy five.
Speaker 1: But is Danny doing it with you?
Speaker 2: He's not, But he has been like on a health kick for I want to say, like six months. He's so determined and like we've only got our biometrics done. He's ten percent body fat, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't do anything else. Yeah, And in the biometrics his balance was off and he's like, I'm not really good at balancing. I was like, your ten percent body fat just shut up, like it is so fine, Like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, that's so fit, so rare.
Speaker 2: What was yours is fifteen?
Speaker 1: Still? Like fucking closely, but I want to get it. Think, Yeah, like I think I under under what is it?
Speaker 2: I think eighteen or twenty? Like in the good mine is that's cot. But everyone obviously has their own challenges with their body and weight, and you know it's not always ten percent is their most healthful.
Speaker 1: No, But like I think that's really impressive because you have to put in the work, which I trust. Yeah, so that's a really good motivation. I mean, I'm on a little bit of a health kick. I could just do something I got shortlisted.
Speaker 2: For imp I know, tell everyone what IMP.
Speaker 1: Is well, Like podcast is literally going like a rogue, but am I we meant to be talking about boundaries, mister.
Speaker 2: We'll get back there, but quickly tell me about IMP well.
Speaker 1: I applied for IMP as a I wanted a big challenge, like you know, you talk about your challenges for thirty and being, you know, the fittest you've ever been. I feel mentally the best I've ever felt, the happiest I've ever felt in my body. But I wanted a big challenge this year. And I really loved going to New York last year and I want to go again. So I was trying to think of opportunities or ways I could get back there, and then IMP kind of just popped up. Yeah, which is the Indigenous Marathon Project.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: They sponsor a squad of like ten to twelve people maybe even a bit more to go to New York to run the New York Marathon. But you have to qualify in all these other times. So you have to do a half in Alice Springs in the desert. In the desert halfway through the year, it's sweltering, she hot, and so.
Speaker 2: You actually actually running on sand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's diabetic.
Speaker 2: That is. I tried running on the beach and one ca is like five k's.
Speaker 1: It's well, it's like it's it's not like the hard sand, like yeah, not soft sand, but I mean you're running in like thirty plus degrees desert. You know that heat is hard. But you do so much work prior to getting there, and then obviously all those little runs we go to go the Gold Coast, we go to Canberra, like there's different times and runs that you have to complete, and then you get to that run and then you're like, wow, if I can do this, then I can definitely do yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's like a stepping stone. So you're feeling about it, like do you feel like you're a little bit scared?
Speaker 1: Because always it's a challenge. It is mentally I know like I can do it. So it's a weird confidence that I have in my head that I mentally like, I I know that it's going to be a pretty dark place in a way when you're running, like where you go. But I love that challenge of like the voice in telling it to shut up constantly. I know, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: What helps you get through it?
Speaker 1: The run?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for instance, a podcast. For me, I've just listening to a podcast or something you're really interested about. Your hang on every word is so helpful because you're sort of zoned in here instead of like here, you know.
Speaker 1: And so people run like a full marathon in like three hours part like some part like that's that's a lot. That's that's really I mean, I would average, I'd say, like every ten k's, I'd give myself like an hour to run, So I if I got four hours, I would be I would be stoked with that, like if I just finished it, But I would you know, that's like four podcasts like an hour or like if you're you know, they're our episodes. I mean hours a little bit shorter, but like yeah, might as well watch mom, might as well watch a movie, you know. Yeah, But I mean, like I've only run a half, Like even in the half, I think once your body goes into that motoring mode, like I can listen to music, sometimes I have to just shut the music off and like I just have to like take in the surroundings and like, but that's usually at the start, and then by then you're like I need something to just counter out the voice or it depends because I've been on runs where it's like been five k's and my head noise is the loudest it's ever been, and I'm like, that's not a good day. No, that's not a good day.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get out of it, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Like Yeah, and then also the adrenaline of the run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can really Like the last fifteen hundred meters of a five k run, you're on like that your sky high. Like for me the first two k's like why the fuck am I doing this? I hate my life? I can never I can not finish this run. You sort of get the three k's, you're like, you know what, my body starting to kick in. I can feel like that this is going to be okay. Then you get to that like three point five four k mark and you're like, I could run another five k's.
Speaker 1: You know what would be really fun if like your friends and everyone got around and they did this voice recording for four hours of like them just like yarning to you and just like telling you stories or just like cracking jokes or something. That would be so nice, wouldn't it. I just have four hours of like, oh, remember that time when we did that time you know, like just like going over like and you'd just be like, oh yeah, like laughing, I can just sad that.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great idea. I'm currently listening to a podcast about addiction and recovery, so like hearing people's stories, and I find real life stories or people who've triumphed through a really difficult challenge the best thing to listen to while running, because then you're like, these people went through so much more for me. I'm fucking running, I'm using my legs, like my body's doing good, like I have a great healthy body right now, so like, don't complain, get through it, you know. So it sort of motivates me a little bit like.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, I went down that route of like, yeah, really looking and listening to lots of trauma stories. But I think it was quite helpful with just putting your own life into perspective totally just being like, oh, yeah that happened. Okay, next, let's get onto.
Speaker 2: What we actually were supposed to talk about. But that was I love it.
Speaker 1: I know it was a very long intro.
Speaker 2: Very long intro, but let's talk about, you know, professional breakups. Something we've both been through a breakup with our managers this year. I know that I remember us talking about it before we did it and sort of egging each other on a little bit, giving each other a bit of courage.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, I was glad I had you in that because the last time I broke up with my manager wasn't an easy experience. I had to do it solo, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, it's hard when you've done a lot of great work and you have a lot of respect for them, Like my manager was an absolute angel and somebody who was the perfect person to start my career with, and yeah, there's a lot of mutual respect there running through it in the actor red carpet. So that breakup, as much as it was daunting for me and actually something that I was so scared about hurting her feelings, you know, being scared about letting her down and being like, I know that we've worked so well together, We've built my career to a point, and now I'm going to take that away from you. It's felt a little bit selfish, Yeah, But how I got through it was knowing that it was business.
Speaker 1: Then how did you have that conversation, Like, how did you approach it in a way that yeah, it is strictly business, so one is perspective like being like, Okay, this is business relationship, it's not nothing personal, because that can be really hard. Oh yeah, because you care about this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when they've done so good by you, you know, if you have a mutual respect, and it's almost like they're a part of your family because you talk to them, probably more than you talk to your own family. You confide in them, you tell them your dreams and your goals, and you really put your trust in them to help you get there. With Tracy, it was a matter of me sort of convincing myself and allowing myself to go through the emotions of the breakup before it actually happened. Yeah, because I had an inkling that things needed to change about six months before we had the conversation.
Speaker 1: So I got a long time a.
Speaker 2: Long time, but I also got to the points, got to the edge so many times, like I was edging myself.
Speaker 1: Basically that sounds like going back to that.
Speaker 2: So I was like in the beginning, I was very much like locking myself up to be able to be brave enough to have the conversation. Little did I know that once that conversation happened. She already had the feeling. She already had the inkling that it was coming, because basically for the last six months I'd been maybe showing her signs that I was going to have this conversation. Yeah, And when we had the conversation, she said, I thought this might come soon, you know, I thought this day might come. So it was I'm glad that I gave myself time and space because she could see the signs and it wasn't a hard blind side. And I think that's important too, because you don't want to have them Yeah, you don't want to You don't want to blindside them in a way that is going to hurt their feelings. You know. It's almost like being able to take yet.
Speaker 1: Sit in some way.
Speaker 2: I did you blindside?
Speaker 1: No, I just blind side. But I was shocked that I still had that reaction from my manager ex manager, sorry that I was leaving. I thought, you know, I tried to make it work. I tried to open up a relationship for it to work. I just made a decision to cut the line much. And they expressed that they were hurt and like taken back, It's never going to be always easy. It is like a personal relationship breakup like it's breakups aren't always going to be like you know, rainbows and butterflies. It's going to be push and pull, back and forth, a teething out process, a distance. Really, I feel like, yeah, I feel like I've broken up with a lot of in my personal life there are a lot of breakups, but also in my career a lot of Yeah, I guess relationship breakups too.
Speaker 2: Anyone ever broken up with you in your career? Like, have you ever been fired? H?
Speaker 1: Good question? Have I been fired in their job?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like as have you ever had a manager go, okay, your contracts up, we're not.
Speaker 1: Renewing by oh oh yeah I got made redundant? Yeah? Yeah, so yeah, I got made redundant my first ever job in a mining company. Like happy, like pay me assholes, even though it's blood money.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm like, my I'm sure it's my white ancestors in my brain saying to me, go and work in the minds that earn lots of money. Oh my god, there is so much, so much.
Speaker 1: That was a big confliction for me. But I was happy, and you know, opportunity well yeah, and also that's what led me to youth work. That's crazy like that. I'm like, there's the things like you can have like those relationship like break up kind of things. But they like I don't know they they work out internet? Did they teach you something?
Speaker 2: But it's always scary before it happens.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I was unemployed for like four weeks and I was like, I'm a worthless piece of shit. I'm never going to go anywhere in my life, Like what the fuck am I doing? Then all of a sudden, I get my dream job working at Headspace, which is a youth organization like mental health, which is where I started telling my story and like owning it. And I was like, oh no, this needed to happen. Yeah, because I only the way.
Speaker 2: Let you know. I think that's actually a point that I'll make, like coming back to the start of the episode, is like I'm actually clearing the way for more opportunities. I don't know what the Gold Coast is gonna give me or what opportunities there. I don't really know anyone there. It's like not a place where I see a lot of work. But if I don't clear the way and go and just be open, how do I know one my dream job might pop up there, you know, I film might be getting filmed and I can audition and go down the road and film it, you know, dreams.
Speaker 1: It's the same with any of our things like me doing the Bachelor, me doing the Bachelorette, us starting a podcast. You never know where the opportunity is, like opportunities could go. But this is one thing that I have realized, and it's sometimes really hard to swallow, Like it's a hard pillow, a hard pillow, it's a hard, hard peel to swallow. Stop. I haven't had a caffee. I haven't had my coffee. But like when you work with brands, So when you get brand sponsorships and you I'm a big person and I'm sure you are too, Maddie, where you want to build a personal relationship with them, Like you want to have that personal relationship where you feel like it's there's longevity there or there's like a relationship that can manifest into something else and another opportunity can come down the line, you know what I mean. Like you and I have that same I guess mentality around brand collaborations or partners and our sponsors for the podcast, we want to build a better and like stronger relationship with them. I've found that there's so many brands out there, and like there's no disrespect to any brands that do this, but it's just a one off. It's a one and done, and I just don't know why and why that's necessary. Transactional, it's so transactional for.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is. I think that that is, like there's so many opportunities that come our way. I'm sure like and you as well, that are just like we want you for sort of a moment in time. It's like capitalizing on maybe a moment that's happening in the public sector like Mardi Gras or natoc Week. It's very tokenistic. But I think the longer partnerships and the relationships always come back to values, you know, like do your values ALIGNE And if your values aligned, there's definitely more synergy. So it's like there's more opportunity down the line. Like I'm working with Dermalogica on a long term contract and I find that they've been like really in the beginning, it was a one off thing. There's a one off thing, and then I think we just clicked and it's like now a long term thing.
Speaker 1: But Okay, this is going to be like, am I the asshole kind of thing? Right? Okay, I've worked for the brand. I'm not going to name them, but yeah, I have worked with these mobs for a long time. I'm not even going to name how many years now. I have built this relationship from honestly, like the ground up, and I feel like I have invested a lot of my time, a lot of my life, and a lot of you know, my conversations around what works and what doesn't. I use them as an example that what has worked right. But more recently, I've been a little bit disappointed in the fact that because I have changed management, there has been like a drop off of lack of communication. There's been pretty much ghosting happening, and I think this is one not something that I've experienced with them. New stuff obviously kind of counts to play, not just new management but new stuff and new people in different roles, but all my values aligned completely with them. I've worked my ass off to push these products to also be involved with other projects where I've worked my ass off to build relationships with their partners. You can't be that disposable totally. That is like, that's the industry that we work in. I know, it's so transactional and it's so disposable. I feel like you and I are similar in this sense, like we love transparency. Transparency comes at the forefront. I would say, like in my partnerships and business, it's like I want to be transparent about everything. I want money to be on the table, I want discussions, conversations to be on the table exactly like I want to be up. Don't leave me in the dark. What's the point of that? If you guys are thinking about like breaking up with your manager, or breaking up with your partner, breaking up with your job, what's like three tips of how to approach that that are like, maintain your sense of self, but also you know, like are going to make you feel okay about the decision.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll give you one thing that is like that is something that I have to fight hard to actually like action, and that is going at things with love even when you feel the opposite. So, for instance, if you're feeling some sort of way, might be a resentment towards a manager for some of the stuff they've done, or it might be the fact that like you don't feel like they've had your back when you're going to do the breakup, makes you do it in a way that you and it doesn't have to be airy fairy. You're the best manager in the world, But you can walk away, hold your head high and know they can't say anything about you in terms of what happened in that discussion. So it's like, you know, you just want to keep your integrity, you know, and dignity when you leave. It's like you really want to be able to walk away and go. I felt empowered, not oh my god, I said things that now I'm going to walk away, and I feel guilty because I told them that they you know, we're less than couldn't give me what I needed. Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not about them. Don't make it about them. Make it about your choice and what you are doing for you because they can't be mad. I don't think they can be mad. People can be mad, of course, but they can't really be mad you if you're choosing something that's for your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my one thing, Like try and go at it with love, and love is like a way that you can walk away and not feel bad.
Speaker 1: I agree that's really great advice because in any scenario, whether it's I guess, a relationship breakup or a work breakup, a management breakup, whatever it is, even like business partner, who's your friend or even friendship breakups. God, I went through the whole time, but I'm still trying to navigate that one.
Speaker 2: And well, look, it's so funn that I'm saying, go at it with love, peace, rainbows, you know, all the all the good things. But also I'm entering this error of my life where I'm what I'm calling the County error, and it's about feeling empowered to have hard conversations and put up tough boundaries when you come from a point of view of being a people pleasing your whole life. So it's about a transition of being.
Speaker 1: Feel you're shedding your people.
Speaker 2: Please, Yeah, I'm ohl it is gone. I feel so empowered by being in my county era, and being in my County era just means standing up for myself, being strong in what I believe, in what my values are, and not allowing people just to walk over me and take me for granted. I agree, So the County eerror isn't a bad thing. County kindness County Kindness Erarka.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good place. That's the headline of this podcast is we're entering our county kindness. I mean, I'm here for you for this, yes, because I love that for you. I can't say I've always been a people pleaser.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you have. I think you can be quite strong in yourself, and I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: But there have been moments where Capricorn. I am a Capricorn, but I think there's moments in my life where.
Speaker 2: Blaming everything that stuff. Yeah Capricorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gemini, Yeah, I'm Gemini.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can be so nice, but then once I cross the line of being Like, once I've crossed the line, then it's really hard to get me back to the niceness, and that's a bad thing. I need to work on that. Like I'm nice, nice nine percent of the time, and then i'm a and then to get me back to the nice part, it's actually really hard. Like it's I'm like, okay, I need to work on that, like just go back that way.
Speaker 1: Go back. But no, I think being direct and knowing what you want, your values and what doesn't align with you is important, and I think also that goes into your friendships and relationships and like your your career as well.
Speaker 2: As into my thirties, my decade of my thirties.
Speaker 1: I think one as well, just like a little side note is that we as like millennials in this era of our generation working. Most of the people we're working with are older than us, and so we're not always used to asking the generation above us what we want and what we need. But I think because now, like you know they're moving on, we know where the industry can go, we know that what its capabilities are, we know what is like relevant, and I feel like we now back ourselves enough to be like, well you did that when in your time. It's our time now, and we're gonna take control, Like this could be like any scenaries.
Speaker 2: Totally saying that you're like you know what I mean, Like when you once said you're not the passenger anymore. You're driving the bus.
Speaker 1: You got to drive the bus.
Speaker 2: You've got to drive the bus. And I think when you get to the thirties, it's like you've got two hands on the wheel now.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was a passenger for way too long in my life, and I was like looking at it from like a view, like I was like some sad little person being like, oh, like everyone's just controlling my life. And now I'm like fuck that.
Speaker 2: No, I play this PlayStation.
Speaker 1: Now I play this PS but.
Speaker 2: Boy boy, alright, well that is wrap. I hope we've inspired you to take control, you know, take the steering wheel, being lead of your own lives. It's my thirties. I mean, we've been saying for so long, yours is obviously happened, mine is coming. And the thirties. You know, we've been I feel like we've been talking about getting to our thirties for like, I feel like we've been talking about it since we started the podcast.
Speaker 1: I honestly think so.
Speaker 2: But we're here, We're here, We're here, and I'm excited for it. So yeah, I hope everyone has a lovely week.
Speaker 1: And what I hope you also know that when you turn thirty, nothing changes really really Like I feel like, yes, yeah, you change that.
Speaker 2: I'm doing the whole change of location and change everything, but like, yeah, the changes, the changes.
Speaker 1: But like physically nothing really happens. But I feel like this is the mindset that you have is like what everyone goes through and I think it's like a really good mindset to have because it's only going to like trajector you the next decade of your life, and then you reassess and do it again.
Speaker 2: Totally. Yeah, I've been watching the Kardashians and Chloe just turned forty and look she's killing it. She's killing it. Not the people who spine to be. But anyway, that's all we have time for today, So thanks for listening to First things First, If you love what you're here to leave us a rating and a little review.
Speaker 1: If you want us to cover anything on the pod, reach out via our socials. My handles at Brooked Up Bloten, and Maddie's handle is that it's Maddie Males and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Remember to be cunty, but be kind.
Speaker 1: Yes. Bye,