Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swun Show.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, oh, it's the best day of the week. It really is.
Speaker 3: And you know, my kids in our calling it that just incidentally.
Speaker 2: Really, have they heard you and I discussed this or no? They just agreat they have.
Speaker 3: I think they have. And also I just sort of, you know, brainwashed them whenever I can. Yeah, yeah, yeah, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm really good. I'm good. I had a really big, busy fun night last night, so I feel energized after that. I'm such an extrovert like a busy fun night gives me energy the next day.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah you are.
Speaker 2: How are you well?
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm just remembering what it feels like to go out and see human beings. I think that mine next year where I am going to re enter. Okay, great, like the ss Minnow on Gilligan Zyland. Oh No, that ended badly, didn't it. It crashed and no one ever serviced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the fun stuff before, like all the activity before.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm super excited, Swanny. I've never met Nagi from Recipe t.
Speaker 3: She is a hulinry goddess and she's.
Speaker 2: Going to join us live in studio after three o'clock.
Speaker 3: I've got a bag of goodies to get her approval on.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, And you have a new cookbook. It's called Tonight.
Speaker 3: I do have a copy of it.
Speaker 2: Great, I want to have dinner? Do you know? Was the first one? And hey before three o'clock, We've put a one thousand dollars Spotlight voucher to give away in Swan's Spotlight Scream Register by the Nova Player app The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: The Great Ariana Grande reports this week or last week that she's coming to this country.
Speaker 2: I know because Wicked is in cinemas in like eleven days.
Speaker 3: So exciting you're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show. Put on your cranky pants, shall you?
Speaker 1: Swans? Sweepea statements?
Speaker 3: What is your unpopular opinion? We've had some We've had some crackers in the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: Sorry, not eleven days. It's November twenty one. Wicked comes to cinemas. I thought we're in November. In October, you notice.
Speaker 3: I didn't notice. I did notice, but I didn't call you out.
Speaker 2: Feel like we should. You should call me out, though, because people are going to get excited and think they can see it in eleven days, and they absolutely.
Speaker 3: And they cannot. We've had some crackers over the recent weeks. Few of my favorites, Donald Trump is misunderstood. I love that much and the rules of the game, and I remind you because it's easy to forget. And I'm talking to myself mainly. This is a safe place you can come and say women over fifty should not be allowed on the radio. And I'm not allowed to say anything because your opinion is your opinion and you're titled to it, and we support it all the way. Burteen twenty fourteen. We've got great prizes today as well my sweeping statement for today. And I don't want you to get offended, Jack, That's why I mentioned the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very hard to offend me.
Speaker 3: Anyone that eats microwave rice hates themselves. Rice is one of the most wonderful things in the world. Microwave rice, on the other hand, is an abomination. I made you a beautiful from scratch, Duhl. Those lentils and the pu lentils were not tinned by the way I boiled them from hard pulses.
Speaker 2: I could tell Swanny, I could taste the nutrition and health of it all. As I consumed the beautifulness.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you could taste that because you mixed it with microwave rice. Microwave rice is a very poor cousin to the real deal, and there's no reason for it. Do you hate yourself?
Speaker 2: I hate my housemate.
Speaker 3: It tastes like plastic. It can't help it.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's all chewy and weird. The only reason I did that, Swany is because I forgot to take home the beautiful zip lock bag of cooked rice you made me.
Speaker 3: I don't believe you. How do you normally make rice?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 3: I just say I hadn't done that. How would you eat rice?
Speaker 2: I donate rice like genuinely?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going to fix this once and for all thirteen twenty four ten. While I fix this, By the way, what is your sweeping statement or your unpopular opinion? This is going to kill me to do, but I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: Why what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am giving you that my I love it so much. But I love you more, and I love your taste buds more. And you're better than this. You're better than microwave rice. This is a neutral bullet every grain cooker. It will cook you without any effort from you, the most magical fluffy rice. There will be no mess, There'll be nothing. And you can place a time and you can put it in there before you come here and turn and say turn on. It's the equivalent of like you know, Siri, Hey, every grain crooker cooker, turn on at five so that I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Alexa cook rice.
Speaker 3: Please please please use this. I will and do not ever buy the microwave rice again.
Speaker 2: I won't. And can you tell my housemate Chris Contos the same.
Speaker 3: Tontas stop it?
Speaker 2: Can you send this audio go to Contos and tell him he's not allowed to buy those little rice tins.
Speaker 3: I want to see you using that thing. What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 2: Give us a call get angry as well, because we've got Frank Green gift packs to give away to the most unpopular opinion.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: One Pass is now available at Priceline Pharmacy and Sister Cob members are getting exclusive access.
Speaker 2: To boosted perks.
Speaker 3: Start your free thirty day trial today.
Speaker 2: Learn more at priceline dot com.
Speaker 1: Today you slash one pass.
Speaker 2: TC's eligibility criteria and exclusions apply.
Speaker 3: The Chrissy Swan Show, Let's do this Swan's sweeping statements. Oh yeah, thirty twenty four ten. What is your most unpopular opinion? I've just said that there is a terrible act of self loathing and that is called eating rice that you get out of a microwaveable tub. Please stop doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm with this one, and you know, my mum hates it. She's like, why do you have them? They're filled with preservatives.
Speaker 3: And it just changes the whole vibe. Yeah, Carolina, do you love microwaveable rice?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: D It's the only way I cook rice for my daughter.
Speaker 3: I don't know how.
Speaker 5: To cook rice otherwise, and I'm a single mum, full time working.
Speaker 3: You don't know how to cook rice, Carolina? I cannot. I need to tell you how many times have I heard that in the last ten minutes. I'm so surprised. I don't know how far away you live from nov the radio station, but I'd love to teach you in person how to cook rice. The other thing I know. Do you know what I'm going to do. I'm going to I'm going to organize a rice cooker for you, and then we're going to go. Yeah, We're going to FaceTime together and I'm going to show you what to do. Is that a deal?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 6: I'm in Port Melbourne, so I'm not fine.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, fantastic. Well you will never look back, Carolina. I'm really going to sort you out rice because it is so delicious done properly.
Speaker 2: We'll ask do our good friends at Neutrable have a rice cooker. I've just given you one. Yeah, we'll give you a neutrible at rice cooker, Carolina, the best? Marina, what is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 3: I hate frozen dinners, okay, which don't don't mention any brands please, but what kind of frozen dinners do you mean?
Speaker 6: Those pasta frozen dinners, those ones with the fake veggies. The vegis come out all soggy. The pasta tastes like cardboard. How hard is it to whisp up an omelet? If you're hungry in the time it takes you to pull that awful thing out of the freezer, put it in the microwave and the little is still frozen.
Speaker 3: Marina, you are speaking my language, yes, and I understand being time Paul, but I reckon you could find the time to bulk cook and you freeze it yourself.
Speaker 2: Priceline pharmacy voucher for you, Marina high Pepe.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm so good. What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 4: My sweeping speek with it. We everybody should go downstairs on the street to get our Uber delivery and not ask the driver to go upstairs inside the garden behind the gate. Come down and get your order.
Speaker 3: Peter, I couldn't agree more. In fact, on my notes at Uber is just leave it at the gate. I'll get it.
Speaker 4: True that you are.
Speaker 2: No mind, Peter, you would hate me. It's please find the steps and then please find apartment building blah blah, and please buzz this number and then come to level four.
Speaker 4: Forget it. You can't forget it. You're gonna find your bag at the gate because I already left. See you later, Peter, you.
Speaker 2: Are the best. I'm gonna send you a two hundred dollars franc Green gift pack.
Speaker 4: No, thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Kate you are a vibe to you.
Speaker 3: Kate Peter's number. I've got so many more questions.
Speaker 2: Let's finish with Julie Hi.
Speaker 4: Julie Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: What's your sweeping statement?
Speaker 4: Look mine's going to be the most controversial. But you know what I am the age I am.
Speaker 6: I am a gen xer.
Speaker 4: We need to go back to putting children over.
Speaker 6: Our knees and giving them a spanking every time they deserve it.
Speaker 4: The world is the way it is today because there is no consequences to action.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 3: Remind myself of the rules I need to not give me about that.
Speaker 2: Now we might leave the prime example Pars Pharmacy Badger for utually I disagree.
Speaker 1: By the way the Chrissy Swan Show, the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: Well, hasn't this competition caused a sensation?
Speaker 2: Spotlight is the home of Halloween costumes, decorations and di y one Spotlight stream.
Speaker 3: I'm actually fresh from the hallohalls of Spotlight this morning.
Speaker 2: What were you buying?
Speaker 3: Run out of time? And as I was leaving, the girl said have a good day, and I said, oh, I'll be back. I've just run out of time. And I couldn't like, just absolute bonkers.
Speaker 2: You were like a little bit late midday meeting.
Speaker 3: I was because I just got sidetracked. Hello Jessica, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm going well?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Have you warmed up your pipes for this spotlight scream?
Speaker 2: Yes, good curl.
Speaker 3: How about you, Peter? Are you a I was gonna say you were screaming, which sounds unusual. I can't scream, so I'm always impressed with people that can. Hello, Peter, there, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I can definitely scream.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you had to scream in real life?
Speaker 6: All the time.
Speaker 5: My kids scare the hell out of me all the time.
Speaker 3: Ah, so it's fun for them. Yes, all right, girls, may the best screamer win. This is how it's going to work. On the count of three, you first, Jessica, You're gonna give me your absolute best scream, as if you've just seen Chucky. Okay, all right, Jessica, one two three. That sounds like funing from a movie. That is really impressive.
Speaker 2: That was good, Peter. It's gonna be hard to beat.
Speaker 3: All right, Peter, on the count of three, give us your absolute best, blood curdling scream for this thousand dollars spotlight boutcher one two three. I can't choose, Jack, I'm gonna have to. I'm gonna I know, I'm gonna have to give it to you. I can't choose they're both so good.
Speaker 2: It's going to Jessica.
Speaker 5: Oh, well done.
Speaker 3: You have got one thousand dollars to spend at a spotlight. Well done it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Peter, yours was amazing too, but I had to pick one. Hey register by the Nova player up because we're playing once more tomorrow Crispy One show.
Speaker 3: Love him and he's caused a sensation by playing a new song, a new dancy song in his Sydney set.
Speaker 2: Yes, we listen to a lad a little sample how to listen?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 3: He seems like a gentle soul. Don't you think he does?
Speaker 2: And I was really worried about him after the Idol that TV show.
Speaker 3: I was too. He didn't take it very well. But you're going to take this well. You're listening to the Chrisies on show on nov Let's go click in Chrissies Click another new song that everyone is excited about, especially us deal. Why is Lady Gaga's new album very very exciting? If you're interested in Gaga and you're interested in music, be listening to this very show at around this time tomorrow because we are going to debut her new song. It's called Disease.
Speaker 2: Yes, three pm. It gets loaded into the system tomorrow and swning will we press and play the minute it's in there.
Speaker 3: I just know that I'm going to love it. I just know it. I just know it. Yeah, it's a return to her dancy, it's her pop roots.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, this is what we want to hear.
Speaker 3: We thought it might be a bit more hard rock earlier on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need that from Gaga. I need like this, Yes, I need, I need. I need it to and hopefully it's not too like die with a smiley. I always think about good mate Tim Blackwell when I hear this.
Speaker 3: I know he just does not like it, But I mean I like it, but I prefer it if it was just.
Speaker 2: Her, Yeah, you know? And then also, what about your other favorite?
Speaker 3: What a song like?
Speaker 2: Gars? Give us this?
Speaker 3: I feel like I've been waiting forever for new Gaga stuff.
Speaker 2: Now LG seven it's coming.
Speaker 3: Baby, it is coming, and it is coming at this time tomorrow on this show. We cannot wait to share it with you.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that film that she's in. What's it called again? It's Joker? No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Why how can it be?
Speaker 2: Because it's too musically Tom, is that right lost? Because you saw it and I've just it's put me off. Yeah. I went to a screening and I'm a huge Gaga fan. I'm a huge musical fan.
Speaker 3: It was not it And see the thing is The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix is one of the greatest films that's ever been released.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I think it's a case of expectations very high. So things always kind of let you down if you have high expectations. I have found. Let's move on to this headline. Plane passengers have freaked out as a super rat scurries in the ceiling above the seats.
Speaker 2: Oh I, I sort of.
Speaker 3: I mean, nothing thrills me more than seeing something unexpected, and I don't think I would mind this. I don't think I would mind seeing a rat scurrying above me on a plane because it's incongruous and you can't explain.
Speaker 2: It, even when in the middle of the sky though in a cylinder that you can't get out of.
Speaker 3: I've just got to give cutos to the rat. And also, my kids loved Ratituy, which is the story of a rat doing things that rats shouldn't do, namely running a restaurant. Have you seen the film?
Speaker 2: I was a real I know, No, I haven't one.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's one of the greatest, isn't it? Isn't it Tom? It's so good? And not all kids films are. I mean, most of them make you want to end it. But Ratituy is Mark Chef's Kiss.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give it a go. That's a good Sunday hangover watch. I think. Yeah, I'm a Stuart Little guy. I love Stuart Little.
Speaker 3: You will love Ratituey and you will love Inside Out if you haven't watched that, seria.
Speaker 2: What about speaking of things on a plane, did you watch the movie Snakes on a plane?
Speaker 3: Of course I did love that film. I loved it too. I loved anything on a plane. So I really think that I wouldn't mind seeing a rat.
Speaker 2: I wonder how the flight attendants dealt with that, though, because that would wig a few people out.
Speaker 3: But the thing is this, I understand that your thoughts and prayers go to the flight attendant. But if you've ever been on a it was an internal flight the in the US. Okay, if you've ever done that, it's not like an Australian internal flight. They do not care. They want you in and out. And if you've got a problem with the rout, I'm sorry, sir. The problem is with you.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 3: Rolling in to your three o'clock on a Thursday hour. We're thrilled to have your company. You and I Jack have a love that transcends agent sexuality, and our lifestyles couldn't be more different. And last night is a great example of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I ran out of the studio yesterday.
Speaker 3: You had so much on. You had all these events and bits and bobs and outfits to put together. And I said to you before you left, I said, just pay attention to what you were doing at six pm, seven thirty and nine pm, and we'll talk about it tomorrow. So we're going to compare.
Speaker 2: Okay, you start us.
Speaker 3: At six pm? What were you doing?
Speaker 2: I had just gotten to the Melbourne Central Hoyt Cinema to MC and introduce everyone to a screening of Venom.
Speaker 3: And you were in a fancy outlet, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I was in there a shirt and some jeans.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, over at the compound at six pm, I was taking screenshots of clearance light fittings.
Speaker 2: I had just quickly raced from one shopping center to another to Chatty to see a Venroy pop up, a beautiful label that have popped up in the shopping center, and I was enjoying my first champagne.
Speaker 3: Are you having champagne cannopes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did have a little cannope.
Speaker 3: I was riding in my diary a reminder to get the New Women's Weekly because Nony Hazelhurst is a feature and I love her. Okay, all right, let's move on to nine pm. Things are really hotting up for both of us at this stage.
Speaker 2: I then legged it to my third commitment of the evening to my mate Elliott's house, who hosted a beautiful dinner on behalf of the fragrance creed with us to celebrate their product, and we had a really lovely sit down dinner.
Speaker 3: Who cooked?
Speaker 2: There was a chef?
Speaker 3: Oh well. Meanwhile at the compound at nine pm, I was gauging the right size of container to put the leftover.
Speaker 2: What a night we both had, chrisy Hey before speaking of food. Before four o'clock, Nagi from Recipe Tin Eats is joining us live in this very studio.
Speaker 3: Call and Ry Queen of our hearts.
Speaker 2: Absolutely as I live and breathe. But next Chrissy's Quizzy, The Chrissy.
Speaker 1: Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: Give Away thumb back.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 3: We've got Holly on the line first. Hello Holly. Hi, guys, you're you're in the school pickup line. Have you got a good posey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do, I've got I'm like right next to the crossing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Great.
Speaker 2: Do you have to get their early holy like each day to get the top spot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really hard because they're on the main road, so it's really hard to get a spot yard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: You've got three girls, is that right? Yeah, it's the youngest one the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can hear the youngest one.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see who you are up against. Hello, Jess, Hi, how's it going good? Have you just knocked off from work? Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: I've just jumped in the car and it was the first thing I heard, if you guys are given away a bum bag?
Speaker 6: So I thought, why not?
Speaker 3: Great? What are you going to put in your bum bag?
Speaker 5: Jess?
Speaker 3: What are you going to put in there?
Speaker 1: I'm about to go on holidays over to BALI, So I think I was about to buy myself.
Speaker 4: On't so I'm hoping. Yeah, this might be perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh don't you worry.
Speaker 2: And whoever claims victory is today going to win a Frank Green gift pack valued at two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: What a great idea because the weather is turning and we need to keep high rated. Isn't that right, ladies? Oh yeah? Question number one, Oh your names are your buzzes? By the way, first one, the inn wins, wins a chance at another question, best of meaning the first person to get three answers a great wins, the game gets a bum bag and the Frank Green Goodies. Question number one, Kim Kardashian's daughter Northwest bought her a necklace for her forty fourth birthday. What did it say on it? All the kids are saying it. I don't know how old your kids are, holy but maybe maybe too young? Yes? No, yes, but they are saying skibbitty toilet. And here's a fun fact. You can get your name printed or any word you want printed on your Frank Green water bottle peg has one that says sleigh.
Speaker 2: She does too? What a queen? Question number two.
Speaker 3: Which breed of dog is known for its excellent sense of smell and tracking abilities. House Holly, German Shepherd. Well, here's the thing, there's so many of them. There's so many of them known for that.
Speaker 2: Do we give it?
Speaker 3: I'm going to give it to her.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were after a bloodhound. But Holy, you've got the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all do that. Question number three. Eighteen years ago today, this song My Love was released. Who sings it? Yes? Yes, Ma it is and what a tune. It just makes me break into like rap dancing, you know.
Speaker 2: Question number four.
Speaker 3: Sun Corpse Stadium is located in which Australian city? Yes, Holly, it is in Brisbane. What is the score? Check Jack?
Speaker 2: Two points to Holly, one to Jess and shout out to everyone in Brisbane. Travis Scott's playing there.
Speaker 3: Believe good luck. We're your black jackets. Question number five, how many chambers does the human heart have? Yes, Holly or correct and Holly? That is the wind.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Now, Jess, I know that you're going to BALI I'm going to send you a bum bag. I'll grab your address. Yeah, you need it, needed to keep your valuables close, if you know what I mean. Good on your whole you want.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Frank Green, Gift Packed is on its to you, Holly.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. We're thrilled to welcome.
Speaker 3: The Queen of Recipe to eights and our hearts and our kitchens. Nagi welcome.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me, Chrissy.
Speaker 3: It's so great to see you. Thank you for changing our lives one recipe at a time.
Speaker 5: Oh look, I get to eat it all. So it's not exactly a drama from my end.
Speaker 3: You have got a new book out. It's called Tonight. It is following on from the enormous success of your first book, Dinner. Now. The stats around Dinner are extraordinary. I like it one book of the year, like it was the first cookbook ever to win that accolade. I mean, it's it's the craziest success this one. Are you worried about, you know, the difficult second album?
Speaker 5: I know, I know I was worried. But we've seen the numbers come through. So we're happy. Now is happy? Put it this way, My publisher is happy.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, Ye say it. I think tomorrow, tomorrow you'll see a release that will Yeah, it's broken records.
Speaker 3: So I mean I've just oh my god, I just opened it up at any old page. It's like one of those choose your own adventures from when you were a kid. Honey, sesame, ginger beef, Yes please.
Speaker 5: That's been really popular already. Actually, I've seen a lot of feedback on that. People are loving. It's one of that that is one of the super super quick and easy one.
Speaker 2: Do you have a personal favorite recipe that is in that book?
Speaker 5: If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Vietnamese coconut lemograss pulled pork simply because it is literally a dump and bake very few ingredients, it's gluten free, and it's a DIY situation. I need to talk to.
Speaker 3: You about that because I think that's going to be the key to my dream recipe for a similar thing, but with chicken. I'm gonna okay.
Speaker 5: All right, So yeah, I like it because it's a DIY situation. So you put out this golden pan fried shreaded York infused with coconut and lemograss flavor, like it's the beautiful you know, the Vietnamese flavors, those fresh flayers, and then you've got rice, noodles, rice, you can do baron mere rice, paper rolls. So it's one of those you know, you could just choose your own adventure.
Speaker 2: Now is someone that we were just talking off air about this. I love pulled pork, and I'm not great in the kitchen and I don't know how to cook it or where to start. Is it easy for someone like me?
Speaker 3: It's so easy?
Speaker 2: Yes? What do I do?
Speaker 5: Literally just dump a pork in a slow cook or or the oven on a low temperature until it's fall apart.
Speaker 3: Walk away.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the best thing about it is for free. If you put it in the morning, you get the free joy of coming home later and the entire house smells like love and care.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I was asking jack Elix waiting for you to arrive. I said, if you didn't have to cook it, what would you eat every day if it was delivered in the way that you like every Friday? And my answer is a beef.
Speaker 5: If I die.
Speaker 3: It's a good way if I don't have to cook it, because it is a bit of a pain.
Speaker 5: In the especially if you make it properly. Guess what, I have a French chef in my team Michelin trained French chef in my team, and early this year when I was not well, he might have delivered that to me. And it was like, to have a properly trained chef maker for you, it's pretty bloody special.
Speaker 3: Oh god. Yeah. And he's answered with pork and I'm like, that's the easiest of all.
Speaker 5: It's the easiest easy. But if you've never done it before, you know you need to break through that barrier. And once you've done it once, you'll never look back.
Speaker 2: What would yours be?
Speaker 3: You don't have to cook it, You don't have to source the special ingredients, you don't have to make the bouquetgane, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 5: You don't have to do it anybody exactly like its so boring. Spag bowl is a really good slow cooked spag bawl. I know I can make it with my because I don't need a recipe, But when someone else makes it for you, everything just tastes so much better. Veg you might toast, when someone else makes it for you tastes freaking amazing. It is so it is so true. Bag ball is one of my absolute all time favorites.
Speaker 3: But I'd love you to try my bag.
Speaker 5: Oh, I would love to try. Can we put it on my website and call it Chrissy's Bag?
Speaker 2: Of course you can, of course you can, Snaggi. I love your backstory and the fact that you worked in corporate finance, like you had this whole other life, right I did.
Speaker 5: Do you know what that other life was? No auditor?
Speaker 2: That's what you were doing, auditing, Naggy.
Speaker 5: Not a tax order to though, so not like a tax.
Speaker 3: Or still you're spunken.
Speaker 2: Verb What kind of auditing? What were you auditing?
Speaker 5: Like companies? You'd go into companies and audit their books?
Speaker 2: And do you I want to know, do you miss anything from that former life? Is there any part of all?
Speaker 5: I do miss the people? I did actually like my job, and I did.
Speaker 3: Naggy, you must have driven your colleagues crazy. And I say this, I say this in a nice way because when I had a real proper office job, I drove everybody crazy.
Speaker 2: To when was the part you knew that you could leave that life? Hmmm?
Speaker 5: Well, realistically, for me, I needed certain savings because I'm not a trust fund baby, so you know, I actually love work for a living. So I just need enough savings to tide me over for a couple of years, have a bit to invest into, you know, having a punt at something, and that punt was that.
Speaker 3: We've got to ask you, obviously, you are the brains and heart behind recipe eats. Just a massive, massive resource for all the best recipes. Where does the name come from? Jack wants to know?
Speaker 5: Oh, you know those old You might be too young to remember this, but in the day and age before the Internet, people used to keep their recipes in little tins. Yes, that was a little index cards. Really, I used to write out my recipes on cards. So this is literally it's my digital recipe tin.
Speaker 2: I love that, Speaking of the digital element, I love that no matter what recipe you put in Google, you're the first item to come up. You are the first website to come up.
Speaker 3: And we tested it yesterday editing we get the rest came up first. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Does this woman knows someone in Google paying someone off at Google?
Speaker 5: We speak kindly of Lord Google.
Speaker 2: Stick around. Make sure you grab her a new cookbook tonight. It is available in stores and online. Now, will you stay with us and play a wacky radio game next?
Speaker 5: I'm so scared of playing any game that Chrissy plays, but I will stay.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll know all the.
Speaker 1: Acts of Carissy one show.
Speaker 3: We know that you haven't switched off because we've got Naggi from Recipe Tin Eats here with us. Hello Nagy, Hello chrisy. I'm going to get onto a little game that I've devised, but first I want to ask you. Your website, Recipe t Eats has five half a billion hits a year half a billion?
Speaker 5: Do you know how many zeros is in that.
Speaker 1: Seven?
Speaker 2: You're the order to mate, You're the number of lady.
Speaker 3: I've got to ask you. Your co star in life and in your culinary career is your beautiful dog Dozer. How many stupidly do you get from people going it's unhygienic to have a jog in the kitchen?
Speaker 1: What happens with his mouth?
Speaker 5: So many? And when I put little videos showing him in the kitchen with me, they're like, we didn't see you wash your hands after you fed him. Of course I washed my hands after. I'm gonna stick my hand in Doz's mouth and then roll the last paper roll.
Speaker 3: Nagging give us an actual measurable figure between one and ten of how many folks you give about the letters that you received from these people? How many?
Speaker 2: Negative?
Speaker 5: Twelve?
Speaker 3: Negative?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 3: All right, let's play this game.
Speaker 1: Now, you've got to Tommy straight.
Speaker 3: Am I ever going to use this, Maggie? When you sent me your book very generously, You probably have sent them to everybody, but I like to think that you knew that you were sending mine to me. You sent a pealer with it. Yes, do you like?
Speaker 5: Have you used it?
Speaker 3: And nagi and the note that you wrote, and again you probably wrote a thousand of them, but I like to think you wrote this one slip for me was this is going to be life changing? And you are spot on?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is chef's kiss, big generous, fluid motions. I've thrown out all my other ones. Thank you. And I love a tool, I love an appliance. And I'm going to play a round of Naggie. I'm ever going to use this with you? Okay, Okay, I'm holding up this. I bought it because I make a fantastic burger.
Speaker 5: Oh it's a smash burger tool.
Speaker 3: Am I ever going to use it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Because in my.
Speaker 5: First cookbook, Dinners three minute smash Burgers.
Speaker 2: Ooh, we're keeping it three minutes. Keep it.
Speaker 3: I just use my hands.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you take it. Take a book, Naggie.
Speaker 3: Am I ever going to use this? Yes, it's a mandolin?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you can eat any vegetable raw if you use that.
Speaker 3: My fingers are scared of that, Maggie. But where's your God? You know I left that behind.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, as long as you've got to guard you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yes, great, she's dropped one.
Speaker 3: She's doing good. It's going good, Naggie. I've got a dream to make a Vietnamese steamed like a poached chicken salad with lots.
Speaker 5: Of jeweli and vegetables.
Speaker 3: Oh, Julian by hand, Oh my god, kill me.
Speaker 5: Cabbage?
Speaker 3: Am I? Am I ever going to use this?
Speaker 5: Use that on cabbage. You will never look back. Use it once and you will never look back.
Speaker 3: What about carrots?
Speaker 5: Carrots as well, But cabbage is the big one with that. It's such a good way. To make a mound of cabbage in like thirty seconds is so good, just like that face. You'll love it. You'll love it.
Speaker 3: I've got one, have got okay, Naggy, Am I ever going.
Speaker 2: To use this?
Speaker 5: Is that like a sex toy?
Speaker 3: Or if it was a sex toy. The answer is definitely, it is not a sex toy. It is well. I think the most useful thing in anyone's kitchen is a microplane. That's that is not a microplance like a macroplane. I bought it from Audi. It grates parmesan at five times speed of a normal microplane.
Speaker 5: Giant. I meant, no, I'm sending you my mad plane. Then you can compare the keep because we're going to compare.
Speaker 3: Naggie, I am not the best at following directions or recipes, Nuggy, am I ever going to use this? It is a measuring set. You because I use the recipe calls for a tablespoon or something.
Speaker 5: I go that you don't, Chrissy, I do? Oh no, okay, all right, How can we make you use them? I mean, they're say, gorgeous. Why would you not want to use them?
Speaker 3: Well, they're too good to use, as Migraine used to say, Okay, I will, I'll send you a set. It seems very hard to like, measure out a quarter of a teaspoon of bi car where you can just get your pour in there and sprinkle it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't listen to this I'm so scared what your cakes.
Speaker 2: Come out like your order to brain. You must measure no, give me love. You go and get Naggi's new cookbook tonight. It is available in stores and online now. And can you hang around and help me do my extra turn to jail.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 3: You're almost out of here, but let's talk feet next Chrissy's click fit. We're going to get to the feet thing, but first I want to talk about Liam Neathon feet. Well, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that, Okay, Liam Neeson.
Speaker 3: Liam Neeson is one of the great actors from my era. Yeah. I was so surprised to hear that he's seventy two. I would have thought he was my age.
Speaker 2: And he is not. That's shocking to me.
Speaker 3: Seventy two seventy two.
Speaker 2: He seems like he's like late thirty forty in those taken films. That's how I was introduced to it.
Speaker 3: He has he's hinted that he's about to throw in the towel. He might retire at the end of next year, specifically from action films. Okay, because he's one of the great action guys. Yes, he goes I'm seventy two. It has to stop at some stag, which makes sense. He's he's been in Taken one, Taken two, Taken three, Taken seventeen, Taken nineteen, Taken thirty five, and he's great in all of them. He's a one trick pony. But as I say, I like the trick. He has a very so he's going to retire. And he's also said he's already retired from the dating game. He goes, oh, I'm over that.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: No, we said the exact quote is I'm past all that. I'm past all that, And that is a hard agree. Do you remember the sad story about the love of his life.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was from the Parent Track, Yes, yes, so she's.
Speaker 3: Part of Acting Royalty in the UK, Natasha Richardson, and she passed away really tragically in two thousand and nine. He dated briefly after that for a few years, but I think he hung up his boots fairly soon after that.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel sad.
Speaker 3: I know it was such a sad story because it was a I think she was she died on the ski slopes in the skiing ac really really sad. Anyway, hasn't gotten over that, and I'm all about that.
Speaker 2: Give us just one good, really good action film, though, Liam like give it. You're all, yes, I want a blockbuster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go out on high. Absolutely, But what a gorgeous man. Let's move on to another gorgeous man. Jacob Elordi has been spotted walking through a cafe in Byron Bay with no shoes on. Now. I was so excited when I saw this because I know that Jacob Belordi is.
Speaker 2: Your number one ideal man, turn out a turn.
Speaker 3: You've also said that anybody that doesn't wear shoes is dead to you. I know. I want to know where this fits in your life.
Speaker 2: When I was in a weird mood the other day too, I said I would suck his feet.
Speaker 3: He said that. I can't get over it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to retract that statement. Jacob Elodi this is I hate feet. But he's got beautiful feet. I saw those pat photos of him with his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: He's got beautiful He's beautiful, everywhere.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, beautiful. I'm not okay with it. No, you're Jacob a lordie. You're like an elevated fashion I think he's somewhat of a male fashion icon. Now I think he should put at least to Burk and stock Ont in Byron.
Speaker 3: I get we're in Byron, but that's the point as well. Further, is it okay much like the postcode rule that my friend told me about, Is it okay in Byron Bay to have no shoes on? I think it is. I think it is.
Speaker 2: I want to say it is too, but like I wouldn't do it, but I get that's the thing the locals do. But not for Jacob. Those pretty beautiful feet, keep them nice and clean. What if he steps on a needle? We're a syringe but yeah, everywhere, but we are out of here.
Speaker 3: We've so loved your company. We'll see you tomorrow. It's the last day of the Spotlight Screen competition, so it's not too late to get in the running for this thousand dollars out to You are going to love it if you win.
Speaker 2: And be listening at three pm to hear Gaga's brand new song.
Speaker 3: Set your alarm. Seriously, don't check this out. The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Do you