Speaker 1: We got get you the Ready morning every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Premier Peter melanowskis welcome to the studio. We're just having a chat off air about when you're going to Katy Perry and who to take. Who's age appropriate?
Speaker 3: Yea, so the ten year old, no problem? Yes, so we're going tonight the family. So Annabelle and our eldest she's ten, our lad he's seven.
Speaker 4: He's into it, he's not really into it. Okay, Yeah, with all due respect Katie, you.
Speaker 5: Know that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: So he's a past but out we're taking the five year old, and this is this is a risky proposition. She's super excited, like she was banging on about it all morning this morning.
Speaker 4: But let's see how it plays out.
Speaker 3: Imagine she might get a bit tired by the end, but she's pretty pumped for it.
Speaker 2: We had this same discussion yesterday because I was like, is my five year old ready ready for a concert at the Adelade Entertainment Center on a Friday.
Speaker 4: It'll be up and about and then.
Speaker 2: And we spoke about your lotty and we decided against it because I was going to take her, because I was happy to take her.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I stopped at Premier because my little Lotti is so lovely until she's not, when she's not quite aggressive, and there's no she's four, she's on the way to turning fire. But she's just going through this phase where bless her, but everything has to be her way or it's Tantry city.
Speaker 3: Well, see the challenge that we're up against is I can't keep it secret, right, So if we take Sophie and as lars As is five and she knows that a big sister is going that that that brings a whole other way of complexity. So anyway, so we taking you along and she's super excited and hopefully it goes.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to bore you with this as I bored Andrew with it yesterday, and he was like, I have no interest in this conversation whatsoever. I was assigned with just getting all the pieces for the outfit for Katie Perry, and so I had to find a leopard print one sleeve top five dollars from cotton On, and my.
Speaker 5: God, I actually found one.
Speaker 2: I found it in an extra small full five dollars Premier.
Speaker 5: You went hunting for a one?
Speaker 2: I certainly did, because I had nothing else to do yesterday.
Speaker 5: I haven't tried that recently.
Speaker 2: You haven't got hunting for a leopards.
Speaker 5: Not not recently. I haven't done that for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm sure you wife Annabel would have at some stage. But it was a shopping miracle and I was so pleased with myself. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: You'll be in the full get up.
Speaker 2: Not for me for my twelve.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now you was so awkward about this, just so weekly.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to emulate the outfit of Raw.
Speaker 4: It wasn't me.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk us through the conversation that you had with Katie Perry last year.
Speaker 5: It was crazy, it was It was a real moment.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: So we were, It was so bizarre we were.
Speaker 3: So I was there and my objective that day was to sort of try and keep getting I want to get an extension for gather around. So I was there working the room and someone introduced me to because Katy Perry had performed at the Grand Final last.
Speaker 2: Year and was amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 3: And what happened was that obviously skipped over Adelaide that hadn't announced Adelaide concent dates but that it announced anyone. I had literally been receiving emails from members of the public sort of expressing their disappointment about this. So we were in this sort of stand up conversation and someone introduced me to the promoter, Paul Dainty, who was responsible for this, and and I just said.
Speaker 5: To him, point black, why why did you come on to Adelaide?
Speaker 3: Mate, I'm getting emails about this, like you would absolutely sell out a concert. He goes, oh, we're not so sure about that. And I said, mate, guarantee And I just flippanly went make guarantee it.
Speaker 4: It's not a problem.
Speaker 5: He said, well, can you guarantee that? I said, yeah, absolutely, I can guarantee.
Speaker 3: They no, literally, I said what do you mean and he said, well, we're concerned that if it doesn't fill up a concert, we'll there'll be we'll copper a loss. And he said, you know, sometimes we have agreements, and we've done this with the Festival Theater a bit with a whole rate of gingy present. You reach an agreement where you underwrite any sort of potential gap. And I said, I've got my CEO of DPC premier in cabinet here. Why do you guys have a negotiation. If we can sort something out, we'd be open to that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so you got to halftime.
Speaker 2: Here's the halftime entertainment.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyway. So the game did end up being very good anyway.
Speaker 3: So then at halftime they came over and said, O, our lawyers and are on the front of their lawyers, and da, da da, we'll let you know by three quarter a time.
Speaker 4: I said, perfect. So three quint of time.
Speaker 5: He comes over to me.
Speaker 3: And says, we've got to deal and uh, and he said, I've just therese ad one catch. I said, I've got to go get if you guys want to announce it soon, which obviously we did. He goes, I'm going to get Katie Perry to say yes to it. Three to us off her. He goes, I'm going to go walk over and see her now and I'll ask her. I said, well, not without me or not. So I walked around with him and the rest is history. I was a bit nervous when the tickets went on side because thought, bloody her, like, hope it actually does sell out.
Speaker 4: And then of course.
Speaker 3: By the end of the day or whatever it was, it was four sold out concerts or something stupid.
Speaker 5: So I think it's four conscious.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it worked out, worked out well, that's fantastic.
Speaker 6: We wondered if there was a moment there were like, oh, should I go speak to it?
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 3: Turned around, he would introduced me to her, and she was she was really warm and and and she she was familiar, like we just sort of rolled in there.
Speaker 5: She was familiar with the.
Speaker 3: Fact that they hadn't yet gone to Adelaide, where she had been before. Yeah, and so she was conscious of it. And when I spoke to her about it, she wasn't like, oh, what are you talking about? She knew exactly what we were talking about. So she was happy.
Speaker 2: You would meet all sorts of people from across all spectrs. Isn't it nice when someone's public persona marries up.
Speaker 5: With the Absolutely I'll see that not happen.
Speaker 4: It's far better when it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, Absolutely, bring the back.
Speaker 8: One of the best selling music artists of all time is said to embark on her Australian tour this June is no big, dear noble welcome, this is Kimmy Perry Terry No.
Speaker 4: Welcomes Katie Perry and We're very thankful because the premier, Peter Malanowski, has brought her here and she is absolutely going to rip it up starting tonight.
Speaker 2: And just before we descend into Katie Oki, we need to talk about the other big event in Adelaide tonight, which is Port Adelaide versus Carlton. Okay, I know that you're highly superstitious before a port game. What does that involve? It involves a scarf. I do believe that's right.
Speaker 4: You're willow for I.
Speaker 3: Go to port games when I can and fit it in, and I always wear two scarves. I've got it's a weird thing. I've always worn two scarves rain pale of Well, it's not working much.
Speaker 4: What about three scars?
Speaker 3: There's some really important games we reward two scars, and if that was one, so I just sort of has flown from that and I can't let it go.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe I should?
Speaker 2: Can I just ask your prediction. Hazy quite often likes to jump on the pork bandwagon.
Speaker 6: Every time the last said about four or five times. I haven't said a thing about this week.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put the micro on you. But will they make the eighth Well.
Speaker 4: They have to win tonight. It's going to be hard.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, after the Swan's game, it's going to be really I had I would have had a lot of hope last week and I just didn't. I mean, frankly, this one's could have won by a lot more if it kicks straight. But no, but you know, it's a new week. So but coming off a short break though, I mean it's a what four day break or something that's a hard ask.
Speaker 2: One more quick question from the Premiere, please before we move on the Thunderbirds. I know you've thrown a lot of weight behind netball in this state because you do have was the play Well, they make the finals this year, we would love it.
Speaker 5: I mean, to do a three peat.
Speaker 3: This is this is one of the most impressive outfits of any sporting team that this state has produced. I mean that they've got a genuine shot at having a three peat now that that you know, that's a big deal. So, I mean, they lost one the other week that they really should have won that we were watching on at home on KO. But yeah, look fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're both.
Speaker 6: I love how the Premier gets questions like that, like, how's my team going to go Premier, What's what's the sex of my baby?
Speaker 4: Premier? What's it gonna make?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Exactly, all right, let's go to Si and Karli from Chandlersil. Good morning, guys, Hello.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Firstly, you need to say thank you to the premiere Katy Perry.
Speaker 6: He just enjoy it all right, guys, this is how works. We are going to play Katy Perry song and you've just got to finish off as soon as the music stops, pick it up and finish strong.
Speaker 4: You guys ready to go? Okay, here we go. Good luck. You're wrong one, it's right, it's back and it's what we're fight.
Speaker 3: We break up, we kids, we make up.
Speaker 4: Oh, Joe, it's your call.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to make it. Michael, I should make it the premius call because he can override any incorrect lyrics.
Speaker 3: And I think you should say congratulations guys, John.
Speaker 2: What I mean it was? It was open to interpretation.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You can't say no to see congratulations double passed to see Katie Verry, well done, Thank you.
Speaker 4: M what are girls? Carats? Enjoy good stuff Premier?
Speaker 6: Before we go, Joe said, before before we gamage, like, oh, should we ask some alexing.
Speaker 2: Questions, election questions, and we don't.
Speaker 4: Know what's going on about that. We can talk about anything you want, Okay. The question I've got here we go.
Speaker 6: This that I've got is that you find yourself in such a position that when the polls even have got to like ninety two percent in your favor, you're like, well, what the hell happened to the other eight percent?
Speaker 3: Do you know? I like, look, I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity, right, I remind myself every day.
Speaker 5: And you know, Pan from my office, who's standing with us attest to this.
Speaker 3: You know, these jobs are temporary by nature, and and I don't say this loosely, it is a privilege to serve. And I was up at Modbury on the weekend opening this this technical college that we're that we're doing up there and which is literally changing young people's lives. And every day you get an opportunity to do something like that, it's just it's exceptionally rewarding. I guess in politics things change quick. You can go from here at zero in about six seconds flat. So my view is we're just going to make the most of while we've got the chance, and Ultimately, the people say Australia make their own determinations in March next year.
Speaker 2: Well, the polls dictate. At the moment it's Peter Melanowsky changed.
Speaker 5: They changed quickly to.
Speaker 2: Two people in media exactly.
Speaker 5: Exactly things change.
Speaker 3: And so this is bloke called Andy Groves who ran Intel, one of the most successful businesses ever. He brought Intel to the four and he had a saying in business, I think even more true in politics. He said, success breeds complacency. Complacency leads to defeat. Only the paranoid survived. So just having a little bit of paranoid doesn't hurt. And there's a healthy dose of that within the government.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's un unattainable. We know you're a big footy guy. You will not stop until the polls at one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us this morning. We really he's one of.
Speaker 9: The biggest country artists.
Speaker 7: In the world.
Speaker 9: This album High was released his umber last year and debuted at number three on the Arish Arts.
Speaker 4: His single Chuck Taylor's.
Speaker 3: Is out now and to tell us all about it ahead of his visit to Adelaide this August, please welcome to know the name one.
Speaker 7: Nine Keith Urban Wow. The intro, Yeah, how are you hazy?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: Jodi Hi?
Speaker 2: I tell you what was quite embarrassing for Andrew Hayes, who is a big fan of yours. By the way, it has to be said he was singing a bit of fall Out Boy when we didn't realize you were on the line, so you were listening in your thoughts a bit of feedback.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, excellent, great song choice really suited you very good.
Speaker 2: So this is going to be incredible. A nine arena shows at your first Australian concerts since twenty twenty two? Were you just like that? It's time now I need to back home and do my thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, this album, the High Album, was supposed to come out last year, but I was still working on it and finishing out some extra songs and it took a bit longer. So the tour ended up being this year, and we're already on the road here in the States. We started in May, playing every weekend all over the joint, and then we come down to OZ in August, and then Canada and September and yeah, onwards. But I'm looking aboud to come back down, especially playing Adelaide too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, good answer, good answer. Do you make it an event?
Speaker 7: No, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What do you like about Adelaide? What do you love about being here? Oh?
Speaker 1: The people, the vibe, it's just a it's got a just a rootsy vibe to it. You know, it doesn't have a lot of a lot of fu fu facade. It feels very real.
Speaker 6: Okaith, We've got you on zoom and just turned forty. It's got a weird thing that you're, at least by the look of you, maybe fifteen years younger than me.
Speaker 4: What's it like I'm looking as a human and being completely ageless. How's that going for you?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, Jesus, I live a much better life than I did. And I love gigging, you know, honestly, to gigging and playing music and touring, it's just the greatest thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's it's like it's my sport, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, if you're an athlete and you go play a game and you just feel on cloud nine and it keeps you healthy.
Speaker 7: And that's what touring does for me. So I'm really really grateful for it.
Speaker 6: Can you take us through your pre show rituals. Do you do you have any preso rituals.
Speaker 1: Not really, other than to just stay loose, you know, and whatever that is. I mean, sometimes it's just been on my own and other times it's been around the band and it's noisy and stuff's going on everywhere. It just really depends whatever keeps me in the flow state, you know, like because I just I get antsy before I get out on stage, because I just want to go.
Speaker 7: I want to go. You're sitting around waiting drives me bonkers.
Speaker 1: So I just want to get out and get at it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever struggled with that performance anxiety? Has it ever been overwhelming for you?
Speaker 7: No, I'm really lucky.
Speaker 1: I started playing guitar and I was six, and my mum signed me up with this little theater group when I was about seven, and we used to do performances at the shopping center during the school during the school holidays. So you know, I've been on a stage since the age of seven, and it's a good way to have that place for the truth is Jody, A lot of my life, that's been the only place that.
Speaker 4: I loved being.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the only place I felt like I knew and I loved the environment. It was off stage where I had all my trouble. So my life has gotten much more balanced now.
Speaker 2: So you sort of feel safe. That's like your happy safe space, is it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a great world.
Speaker 1: It's a great world to be able to get into every night for two hours.
Speaker 6: Hey, Keith, before we talk about some of your new music, and we're going to jump into your new song very very soon, we need to talk about a song that's really really connected with the nov audience and half maybe a year or so, and I can say this, I don't know if I get in trouble of saying this. Your version's better than your original.
Speaker 7: On the stage.
Speaker 4: Around seriously the big.
Speaker 6: So I wonder if you're an artist out there and maybe the dream is for Keith Urban to cove your song. But also what comes with that is the man doing a better job than you.
Speaker 7: So it's like, mate, that's just a great song.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love Chaffel, I loved it from the beginning, but that that song, she's such a great writer. But that thing's just that's instant classic. That thing's going to sound great in fifty years. Such a good.
Speaker 6: Song, mate, tell us about a new song which we're about to play right now, Chuck Taylors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is off the album High and Stock Taylor's.
Speaker 7: You know, for some people know what they are.
Speaker 1: They're converse the Jim Boots if you go back far enough. But basically the song is a metaphor for a couple staying together after all these years. You know it's a long shot, right, you know it's up in the air. Are they going to make it? Never come down? Never going to come untired?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You and I are still hanging in there, like Shack Taylor's under power line.
Speaker 2: You and your wife Kara, You're just hanging in there for dear life, right Keith Urban, always an absolute privilege to talk to you. Thank you so much for your time and we cannot wait to see you down here in August.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Jody me too, Thanks azy.
Speaker 2: Ifl Legend and port Adelaie Football Club A board member Warrant Tredre is underfire.
Speaker 4: What's the latest?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the Jewish Council of Australia is angry over his podcast with A. J. Roberts on his Ballsy Show, which is what it's called his podcast, So apparently there are people claiming that he featured anti Semitic conspiracy theories shared by the.
Speaker 4: Guest A J.
Speaker 2: Roberts, prompting backlash from Jewish groups. Jewish Council is accusing it of promoting Holocaust denial and far right anti Semitic rhetoric. Tread Ray has defended the podcast as a platform for open discussion and denied being anti Semitic, stating he aims to promote unity in fairness. He has just put out a well, he put out a statement last night on his Instagram and he set I unequivocally condemn war and genocide and was in no way, shape or form and anti Semite. As someone who always aims to do the moral and good thing, even when it's hard, my ultimate goal is to create unity and cohesion whilst pursuing a fair go for all. So Davidkosh has also come out and he's reffirmed the club's standards, stating directors must meet professional expectations. Tread Ray remains on the board pending the reviews outcome. Well, it was a spotlight on it.
Speaker 4: There's a big spotlight on it.
Speaker 6: So this sort of started hit the news at around about four o'clock I think, and then by six oh two, I reckon the statement came out from Port Adelaide saying that Warren's position on the board was under reviewed.
Speaker 4: Yep, this is an interesting one. I'm not sure. I don't. I mean, I can't.
Speaker 6: That's for a different example, because I just don't know of any other examples in this situation.
Speaker 4: But it's yeah, it's quite unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I just I'm not entirely sure where I sit with it. Warren has some views and they're obviously really really strong. Whether they contravene the professional standards of the Port Adelaide Football Club and what they expect from their directors on the board, Who's to say that is up to the football club to decide. I think Warren is entitled to his opinion and his view of the world. There's no question about that, one hundred percent. As is the case in every workplace we work at NOVA, they have standards that we have to adhere to. Has he contravened those standards at the Port adelai Footall Club. That's a question.
Speaker 6: I think that's a big thing, and maybe it's a broader conversation with thoughts and opinions coming through in this day and age that everyone is one hundred percent entitled to their thoughts and opinion. It doesn't mean you're exempt from the consequences if you have thoughts and opinions that go against.
Speaker 4: Moral standards, et cetera. Exactly so, and this.
Speaker 6: Is exactly what pord Adelaide's facing right now because it's a football board.
Speaker 4: But this is something which is much bigger than football.
Speaker 2: Can I ask this question as someone who probably should know the answer, but a football board is it run as a business?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: What is their objective? Do they get involved in the day to day running of the club, What is it exactly that they do?
Speaker 6: I think so, each and every person on a football board, from what I know, has a unique role. And that's why when you look at some boards and you look at the different personalities and different skill sets that each person brings. So it's more than I mean, if you look at most football boards, it's not just a bunch of past players that are coming together saying, oh, this is how it should be coached.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of business types in things like that.
Speaker 6: So, for example, you'll have someone who's a bit of a business guru, it's good to have someone like win on tread Ray like that because he's a premiership captain and he would absolutely be able to add things in terms of I don't know, perhaps culture, perhaps game plan and things like that. But from what I know from a board, an AFL football club board, it's more about the running of the club is a business more so than coaching and things like that. The coaches are in place to do that. Yeah, it's not coach fire the board. Yeah, the board's there to make big decisions.
Speaker 2: And what I will say is and I like Warren. I you know, I haven't had too much to do with him, and I like him as a person, but what he is bringing at the moment is a lot of controversy to that football club. Whether they need it at the moment when they're struggling to keep their season alive, who knows.
Speaker 6: There's a lot going on to Port Adelaide, including a big game tonight against Carlton which they absolutely need to win, and we have tickets to give away very soon to keep with Lockton.
Speaker 4: Ovah.
Speaker 2: They stop short of saying they will win, because you know what happens.
Speaker 4: When you do. I've not done that all week I have not said it once this week.
Speaker 2: Thank you you learning.
Speaker 4: Less easy forty Live lesson. Got a couple four this morning.
Speaker 6: Joe's are ready, and I'm pretty sure the first one you're going to be able to agree with me. Look, gentlemen, if you plan on having kids in the future, and perhaps you're a little bit squeamy when it comes to blood during the birthing process, make sure you keep your eyes locked up top and knock down bottom.
Speaker 4: At the business end. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Joe's okay, Yes, I can tell you as a man, don't be that guy. Don't be that guy that soaks up the medical attention because you've got lightheaded because you've seen some blood. Yeah, that's embarrassing for you, It's really embarrassing. So what happened, And I'll take you through the process with Henry. So it was this and then this, and I maintained eye contact the whole time with my beautiful wife car I did not look anywhere else by her pupils. Okay, And even then I was still getting a little bit squeamished, because.
Speaker 4: Don't look, God, don't look.
Speaker 2: Then you're going to be forced to say something ridiculous like it was like watching my favorite pubo.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, don't worry about any of that crap. It's the fact that there's one and stuff. Oh, I don't want to get squeamish. Okay, Kate, you don't want to be the guy that passes out and then all of a sudden you need attention when it should be going specifically on the label.
Speaker 2: You'd be so cross if you're a woman thirteen twenty fourteen, if you've been in this situation when you're going through the most excruciating process of your life to deliver you your son or daughter, and then next minute, bag about.
Speaker 4: My husb somehow made it about himself in.
Speaker 2: This situation and you imagine, oh my other life.
Speaker 4: Lesson, Jos.
Speaker 6: I want to share with you, please, and I'm trying to do this. It's been my newest resolution for the last two years. If you've got a positive thought about someone, share with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah it sounds it sounds very simple, but we don't do it. Do what we do.
Speaker 6: We talk negatively about people behind their back. We also talk positively about people behind their back. So if you have a positive thought about someone, maybe it's something that they've done, tell them, send them a text and say, for example, I don't know. Let's say I was at an event and you am seeing it and you did a good job, yes.
Speaker 4: And I don't really know you.
Speaker 6: You should get that person's done and say, hey, mate, for it's worth you did a fantastic.
Speaker 4: Job the other night.
Speaker 2: I love the theory behind this. Can I please play Devil's advocate because quite often and I will send you a nice text about how you and your performance and what you're doing, and.
Speaker 6: You do what shrivel up into little ball and take compliments terribly.
Speaker 2: And also forget to reply because next minute Lebron James is playing in the NBA and Hazey's head has gone whoa wow, that's the left of center, and he forgets to say thank you so much for that. That was really kind of you on that as well.
Speaker 6: I constantly said Lebron James messages today how he was going, and he never.
Speaker 2: Writes yesterday in the Naughty at six forty, this happened. You spoke about a man shagging a tree.
Speaker 4: Please play a bar and bay Man ofesfecially known as tree Dave, has been banned from Raiwa Park after repeatedly trying to marry a mace with a eucalyptus tree. He's described as curvacious and grounded the tree.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, if you're a eucalyptus tree and you see Dave on the other side of the street.
Speaker 2: With the other one, okay, take cover. And so then I went down the rabbit hole and I thought, I'm going to do some research here. So I have now discovered the top ten people humans who married inanimate objects.
Speaker 4: You're ready to go, oh my gosh, kick it off. Let's go all right.
Speaker 2: Number ten, thanks Aiman. Linda Deshami married Bruce and he is a Ferris will staated Bruce for thirty years before promising to love, honor, and obey the twenty one meter tour contraption in twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Well done, Okay, that's good. That's thanks for kicking us off there. Joe.
Speaker 2: Number nine Zeng Yaja married a robot. Zeng is an artificial intelligence intelligence engineer. He was under a lot of pressure from his family to find a wife and settle down, so he made himself a wife.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. Yah, good work.
Speaker 2: Numbery baby Leona Ava is vowed to love and cherish a Seattle warehouse.
Speaker 4: Because even the big warehouses they'd love.
Speaker 2: To He's the kicker as described the union as a gay marriage because apparently the warehouse was female.
Speaker 4: Okay, fairness. Number seven Chang.
Speaker 2: His sam married a barbie doll. So it's a long story. It's probably a little bit boring. But he lost his first wife to Zai to suicide. His family opposed their marriage, and to Zai killed herself as a result. Chang eventually remarried, but the time when he's widower, knew that his first wife was not at peace. So in nineteen ninety nine, twenty years after her death, Chang married a barbie doll in order to put his first wife's.
Speaker 4: Spirit to rest.
Speaker 2: Number of six love knows no rules exactly. Tracy Emmon married a stone.
Speaker 4: Not much talk back from the stone.
Speaker 2: No, and if like a rolling stone or no. So Emmin admits to thinking about her stone spouse when she's having a bad day and it lifts her spirits and please and thank you very kindly. She asked that her husband be referred to as a stone rather than a rock.
Speaker 4: Of course. Number five, that's a big disrespect.
Speaker 2: He's my rock, no, okay. Richard Torres married trees. Okay, in the vein of our Byron Bay friend trees. Richard has been actually described as a Johnny Depp doppel ganger. Okay, he's very fond of trees, but he isn't actually in love with them. The Peruvian wants to bring awareness to environmental issues.
Speaker 4: Sure, mord answer Number four, it's a quick one.
Speaker 2: Jodi Ross married a bridge in France.
Speaker 4: Okay, that that top three?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a guy called Sal nine thousand married a video game character. So a Japanese man known as Sal nine thousand built a virtual relationship with nine and Nagasaki, one of the avatars on Love plus Shore.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 6: I think we've all fantasized about marrying Lacroft at some stage as well.
Speaker 2: Number two Lauren Atkins married a cardboard cutout of Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready to Number one?
Speaker 2: Carol Santa Fe married a train station in San Diego. Let me get to the details of this, because it's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's a lot to love.
Speaker 2: Married her wife Dandra in twenty fifteen. Carol says she mentally has sex with Deandra. A certain area of the station gives Carol privacy where she touches Dandra and feels her as if her wife is holding and kissing.
Speaker 4: That's nice, that's really nice.
Speaker 2: Love, guys, love is love.
Speaker 4: Can I just say maybe maybe not?
Speaker 6: From personal experience, how hard it is to satisfy a train station.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of moving parts when they're not on time.
Speaker 6: Beware the gen Z stairs.
Speaker 4: Oh, it'll infuriate you from a previous generation.
Speaker 2: Okay, young service workers refusal to greet customers is setting off older generations. Okay, let me ask you this question. Have you ever walked up to a cashier or a front desk person and been met with a silence? There? Yes, sounds like this.
Speaker 4: It's deafening. Though it is deafening.
Speaker 2: You have officially been a victim of the gen Z gaze. Okay, So it's been taking over X the chat about this gaze with older generations complaining about how kids these days handle customers service jobs. Let me explain it for you. So, apparently, according to the pandemic and endless screen time, that equals a generation struggling with social cues and feeling shy about greeting strangers, i e. Headphones on, eyes down, no chit chat. They don't know how to do small talk, but neither do you right?
Speaker 4: No, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: So first of all, the misunderstood it's a misunderstood generation because it's through shyness. But unfortunately what's perceived from that is pure arrogance.
Speaker 2: Yes, and and they've defended themselves. You guys have said my stone face look is a way of dealing with the chaos all day. It's rough, but some say a little kindness goes a long way, and being friendly should not be optional. Can I play Devil's advocate here and defend gen Z?
Speaker 4: Sure? I would you to just sit there and stare at me?
Speaker 2: You would rather a silent stare than a retail worker greeting me as hon or sweaty. You're twenty two. Please don't call me han whatever you do. I could have given birth to you. I could have very reasonably and easily.
Speaker 4: You can't call someone sweaty or hon that's older than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can you know you can only call someone sweaty or hond if it's a small little child. Yes, and that's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: If it's a toddler close to the ground, which is you hard to reade?
Speaker 4: J Are you coming to a cafe like how do you approach her? I'd do the same thing. I've all my bloody headphones. I'll just keep your head down.
Speaker 10: Don't look at it, gentlemen, battles the bers.
Speaker 9: The rules are simple, Hazy about to hear six songs from the same year. They can selected their song as a place, but if they let it go, that song is gone.
Speaker 2: Now let's get into the bag.
Speaker 4: Is that are ready to battle? Back to you and Hazy? Oh what a fierce little contest this has become.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love finding out the year. It's very, very exciting. Come on, let's rip.
Speaker 4: Into it right. It is nine apiece and the year is mister Generator.
Speaker 5: Twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Much recent, isn't it fifteen years ago?
Speaker 4: Ready to go, Jud's Yeah, We've got six songs here. As soon as you insert yourself and select the song, you are out, and that is yours for the taking. Ready.
Speaker 6: First one Banks sisters, not for me? You okay, Si jeez?
Speaker 4: What you got against trains? Okay?
Speaker 6: No train for you?
Speaker 4: And or means winning song?
Speaker 2: Oh I always speak to Willie.
Speaker 4: Then regretted, which is last week? And one comfortably I am no, okay, I'm out. Next one not for me enough next one. Okay. I don't know if this will win on us, but I love our city. I feel like you don't care why I love fireflies. Okay, So I'm locked in fireflies our city versus just say it right now, Slizz, You're locked in.
Speaker 2: And now I'm feeling soul fly like a G six lock me away?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, how very predictable those exist.
Speaker 6: Far East movement, fast movement like a G six versus fireflies our city.
Speaker 4: Okay, what a battle of that?
Speaker 2: What was the last one?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: Ready, so this is the last one, which number Scott two? Respect that, but that's okay, that's okay, okay, So fireflies by our city versus Far East movement like a G six. Please get voting at Jodie and Hazy. Let's crown a winner first thing tomorrow. You're confident here, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Joe's alf j